IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 363.
#1751 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I know there are differences in the plastics and decals for most other premium to LE models on Stern games. I did not believe it either until one of my friends showed me some photos of SWLE to premium.

That is usually because there are playfield differences that require the plastics to be different. I just edited my previous post. There may be a reason for them to be different.

#1752 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That is usually because there are playfield differences that require the plastics to be different. I just edited my previous post. There may be a reason for them to be different.

All good. Hopefully a fellow Pinsider that has both a premium and LE Elvira can tell us if there are any differences.

#1753 4 years ago

I'm hearing the lighting effects and code could be different on premium.

#1754 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I did not hear anything about this.?

#1755 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

From where? That isn’t the case with current code and would be a departure from past titles where playfield features are the same.

#1756 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From where? That isn’t the case with current code and would be a departure from past titles where playfield features are the same.

Hardware is the same isn't it? I thought the only differences between the Premium and LE were cosmetic and speakers? I've heard they might give some extra code to the SLE buyers, but have wondered how they would keep people from just adding it to the other versions if they are all really the same in boards and playfield.

BTW, joining the club on Sunday, picking up a used premium. Any game specific issues I should check for?

#1757 4 years ago

All 3 game code files have the same name and size so I think they're all identical

#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

have wondered how they would keep people from just adding it to the other versions if they are all really the same in boards and playfield.

The code can use info from the CPU board to determine model.

#1759 4 years ago

Has anyone used the Retro Refurbs art blades? Got any pictures? How about the purple Stern ones?

#1760 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Has anyone used the Retro Refurbs art blades? Got any pictures? How about the purple Stern ones?

I did get the purple Stern art blades and they are amazing! The vinyl material is super thick and durable and surprisingly easy to put in! I would recommend them, It gives the premium model a LE feel without the cost.

IMG_6494 (resized).JPGIMG_6494 (resized).JPGIMG_6495 (resized).JPGIMG_6495 (resized).JPGIMG_6496 (resized).JPGIMG_6496 (resized).JPG
#1761 4 years ago

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

#1762 4 years ago

What a

Great

F ing

Game

#1763 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

Ordered mine on december 10 also. Still waiting for shipping notification. Pablo doesn't have any ETA for me.

#1764 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a
Great
F ing
Game

Hell yes..! Another Lyman classic.

#1765 4 years ago

Lovin’ my “HOH”...

#1766 4 years ago

Another Lyman classic.

I don't want to take away from what will likely become a classically coded game by Lyman, but I want to recognize Dennis Nordman & Greg Freres for this masterpiece! Just like their first two Elvira games, it has their 'stamp' all over it!

#1767 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I don't want to take away from what will likely become a classically coded game by Lyman, but I want to recognize Dennis Nordman & Greg Freres for this masterpiece! Just like their first two Elvira games, it has their 'stamp' all over it!

Definitely agree! Game shoots and looks beautiful.

#1768 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

This is the game that cemented my opinion that I like Dennis Nordman's work!

#1769 4 years ago

Just joined the club

29691422-6F17-401A-94DC-EB2739ACCC91 (resized).jpeg29691422-6F17-401A-94DC-EB2739ACCC91 (resized).jpeg
#1770 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

This is the game that cemented my opinion that I like Dennis Nordman's work!

He really is an amazing pinball designer. I just hope we haven't seen the last of his work.
And I know this Elvira game isn't completely done coding yet. Heck, we're not even in the 90s with the code yet. But, I do think it might be possible one day for a 4th Elvira. Would have to be all animated. But, that would/could be interesting.

For now. I shall just await the next code update. Which I hope will be soon.

#1771 4 years ago

Hello to All,

Just joined the club - LE#164 - Love the Machine!

#1772 4 years ago

When I was setting up Elvira I couldn’t find a flipper power adjustment in the settings..is it coded in yet? I’m also trying to find the kick out adjustment for the garage lock...any help would be much appreciated...and the premium looks way better in person compared to the pictures IMHO.

#1773 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

When I was setting up Elvira I couldn’t find a flipper power adjustment in the settings..is it coded in yet? I’m also trying to find the kick out adjustment for the garage lock...any help would be much appreciated...and the premium looks way better in person compared to the pictures IMHO.

There is no flipper power adjustment.

The garage lock is an up/down post. It's either up or down. Nothing to adjust.

#1774 4 years ago

Joined the club today.. What a blast to play, I bought it solely on theme without even playing it..

Backdoor Skillshot works, hysterical - not everyone likes it in the backdoor

AA95FB9B-D95C-46FA-9556-06AAAD4FACFA (resized).jpegAA95FB9B-D95C-46FA-9556-06AAAD4FACFA (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1775 4 years ago

That's 2 great pinball machines there now!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1776 4 years ago

Anyone else happen to look at their audits? All not keeping current totals?

Shows lifetime plays only , not total? Weird

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1777 4 years ago

Tired of waiting for the kit from Stern. Did the mod myself with a cutter. Easy fix.
20200202_105554 (resized).jpg20200202_105554 (resized).jpg

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anyone else happen to look at their audits? All not keeping current totals?
Shows lifetime plays only , not total? Weird[quoted image][quoted image]

Try standard audit number 16.

I think you will find the lifetime plays there.

#1779 4 years ago

Try standard audit number 16.
I think you will find the lifetime plays there.

Yes as I said it shows lifetime only, lol no other audits keep track. That’s weird

#1780 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Yes as I said it shows lifetime only, lol no other audits keep track. That’s weird

Every time you reset or change the code, this resets most of the counters to zero.

If the game is not counting, let Stern know.

#1781 4 years ago

Happy to see others picking up this pin and having a good time.

#1782 4 years ago

Dear Lyman: I adore this game but for the love of God, PLEASE put a ball save option in for the crypt kicker next update haha. Half the time mine goes into the left outlane like a perfectly aimed 3-pointer... it doesn’t even clank around it’s a perfectly smooth shot!

#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dear Lyman: I adore this game but for the love of God, PLEASE put a ball save option in for the crypt kicker next update haha. Half the time mine goes into the left outlane like a perfectly aimed 3-pointer... it doesn’t even clank around it’s a perfectly smooth shot!

I've been thinking about the VUK kickout.
And I have numerous times requested a small ball save timer be added to it.
I still believe there should be one. However, I think if there was one it would make the game a little too easy.

Now, I'm not saying lets not add a ball save timer. What I am saying is perhaps a ball save timer that only will save your ball if it drains out via the left outlane.
Down the middle you should be able to nudge it in a way to get control, and if it does bounce off the rubber and then down the right outlane, which happened to me quite a few times, I think that should be the risk of taking the shot. Because, I do think those drains are avoidable for the most part with anticipation and skill.

But, the left outlane drain, no amount of skill can save that if it plunges it directly to it. I think with that little bit of insurance it would make it just the right balance of difficulty.
Just my thoughts.

#1784 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've been thinking about the VUK kickout.
And I have numerous times requested a small ball save timer be added to it.
I still believe there should be one. However, I think if there was one it would make the game a little too easy.
Now, I'm not saying lets not add a ball save timer. What I am saying is perhaps a ball save timer that only will save your ball if it drains out via the left outlane.
Down the middle you should be able to nudge it in a way to get control, and if it does bounce off the rubber and then down the right outlane, which happened to me quite a few times, I think that should be the risk of taking the shot. Because, I do think those drains are avoidable for the most part with anticipation and skill.
But, the left outlane drain, no amount of skill can save that if it plunges it directly to it. I think with that little bit of insurance it would make it just the right balance of difficulty.
Just my thoughts.

Now, that I agree with. Should be a simple piece of code that says if the left outlane switch is hit immediately after the VUK kickout, the ball gets saved.

However, I set my VUK kickout strength to 185 and the ball rarely goes to the outlane anymore. If it heads that way, a quick nudge will usually catch the ball.

I'm curious as to what others have their set at.

#1785 4 years ago

Agree. Straight to left outlane needs a save, not on center drain.

It's an interesting mech that it seems to be so widely variant on where it ends up. Ideally it hits somewhere between the two 36s, but all the ones I've seen are somewhere between the top 36 and never making it out of the VUK at all. I'm wondering if this is bad coding or if the mech is physically that problematic.

#1786 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Now, that I agree with. Should be a simple piece of code that says if the left outlane switch is hit immediately after the VUK kickout, the ball gets saved.
However, I set my VUK kickout strength to 185 and the ball rarely goes to the outlane anymore. If it heads that way, a quick nudge will usually catch the ball.
I'm curious as to what others have their set at.

We are set the same as you. VUK strength set at 185 and nudge skills are needed to stop it going out either out lane.

#1787 4 years ago

We are set the same as you. VUK strength set at 185 and nudge skills are needed to stop it going out either out lane.

Yeah, but if its a straight shot into the drain no amount of nudging skill will save you. I have tried sometimes starting to shake it before the kickout. But, that is risky as you can get a tilt warning if you're not careful. I do think there should be a degree of risk with the VUK. but, it should be fair. Left outlane drain should be ball save. The rest. Its just pinball baby, and play better!

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yeah, but if its a straight shot into the drain no amount of nudging skill will save you. I have tried sometimes starting to shake it before the kickout. But, that is risky as you can get a tilt warning if you're not careful. I do think there should be a degree of risk with the VUK. but, it should be fair. Left outlane drain should be ball save. The rest. Its just pinball baby, and play better!

I do agree that VUK should have a short ball save (like GB).

If you have the hand of fate lit you can use the ball save to save the ball when it goes out the left lane. I do not want the game too easy.

#1789 4 years ago

I do agree that VUK should have a short ball save (like GB).
If you have the hand of fate lit you can use the ball save to save the ball when it goes out the left lane. I do not want the game too easy.

Someone should email Lyman personally about this.

#1790 4 years ago

Hmmm, mine doesn't drain like that. Can you adjust the vuk power like the saucer on GB?

#1791 4 years ago

Mine does not drain either , it actually hits the 36 24 36 targets.

#1792 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, mine doesn't drain like that. Can you adjust the vuk power like the saucer on GB?

Ours does not drain either. Most of the time it hits one of the stand ups. 36 24 36! Yes you can adjust the VUK power.

#1793 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Someone should email Lyman personally about this.

We have emailed Stern direct... Probably goes nowhere but I have done my bit! Game is awesome Who-Dey .. A friend of mine inspected a 3lvira and JP2 premium and he said the playfields were very nice.

#1794 4 years ago

We have emailed Stern direct... Probably goes nowhere but I have done my bit! Game is awesome who-dey .. A friend of mine inspected a 3lvira and JP2 premium and he said the playfields were very nice.

I may join the club soon then. I got bills out the ass in February coming up, many thousands of dollars for property taxes and insurance (X2) because I have a rental so I will have to see where I'm at come March. I could by a damn pinball machine with that money alone if I didnt have to pay it out.

One step forward three steps back, you know the routine.

#1795 4 years ago

No vuk draino issue here either.
I’ll check setting.
AA13ADA2-7462-4335-B6F8-38833A72EBEC (resized).jpegAA13ADA2-7462-4335-B6F8-38833A72EBEC (resized).jpeg

#1796 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I may join the club soon then. I got bills out the ass in February coming up, many thousands of dollars for property taxes and insurance (X2) because I have a rental so I will have to see where I'm at come March. I could by a damn pinball machine with that money alone of I didnt have to pay it out.

Hopefully everything works out for you.

Maybe you could ask your distro to inspect the machine before you buy? That would save playing the lottery on a game.

#1797 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I may join the club soon then. I got bills out the ass in February coming up, many thousands of dollars for property taxes and insurance (X2) because I have a rental so I will have to see where I'm at come March. I could by a damn pinball machine with that money alone of I didnt have to pay it out.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have to find out how much I have to pay for my comic business. Hopefully, it won't be too much. But, then I want to pay of one of my student loans in full, and then I need to save up for a new deck and also new tires for my car around june-july.

But, once I know how much I owe. I like you will be looking to buy another pin... Sooner or later... Who knows. Don't know which club I'll be joining. There are 4 games that stand out to me. I like each of them. But, we'll see which one I wind up with.

#1798 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm in the same boat as you. I have to find out how much I have to pay for my comic business. Hopefully, it won't be too much. But, then I want to pay of one of my student loans in full, and then I need to save up for a new deck and also new tires for my car around june-july.
But, once I know how much I owe. I like you will be looking to buy another pin... Sooner or later... Who knows. Don't know which club I'll be joining. There are 4 games that stand out to me. I like each of them. But, we'll see which one I wind up with.

It never ends does it? Every direction that I turn theres someone standing there with their hand out. Theres so many good choices out there right now that it's hard to decide what you want but if one of them happens to be a dream theme that's usually going to be a win win for you, and even if it's not the best game out of the ones you are considering it may be the best game for you.

#1799 4 years ago

Love the idea of optional ball save for left outlane only.

Also, didn’t realize the VUK power was adjustable. Woops! Switched it from 250 to 185 and made a big difference in the couple games I played.

#1800 4 years ago

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/36?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.