20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 360.
#1651 4 years ago

Here are the Game adjustments... (Oops. The adjustment titles must have been flashing and I caught them off. LOL)
#14 is Hand of Fate Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165644 (resized).jpg20200124_165644 (resized).jpg

#17 is Double Trouble Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165703 (resized).jpg20200124_165703 (resized).jpg

#18 is The Dead Return Carry Ball/Ball
20200124_165710 (resized).jpg20200124_165710 (resized).jpg

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You can change the settings to allow The Hand of Fate, The Dead Return and Double Trouble to carry over from ball to ball. I believe it was in the last update.

I submitted that as a bug prior to the last release. Hopefully it will make it into the next release. The Dead Return should not be used when the ball save is active.

Well... Learn something new every day. Thanks for the info...

Now, my question is as follows: If I do change the settings for them to carry over, does that make me a crappy player, or a horrible person, or both? I can live with being a horrible person, but I am trying to become a good pinball player.

Side note, trying to be a good person has been abandoned long, long time ago.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Now, my question is as follows: If I do change the settings for them to carry over, does that make me a crappy player, or a horrible person, or both? I can live with being a horrible person, but I am trying to become a good pinball player.

Don’t worry about everyone else, make any adjustments that add to your level of fun. You will get better the more you play And you will play more if you have fun.

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

As you pointed out earlier, those settings are needed (especially The Hand of Fate carry over).
In a home environment, where we (?) play for fun, why not make it a little bit easier so we can accomplish more? If I were practicing for a tournament, I would make it harder. As it is, I'm always practicing flipper skills. It was this game that I was finally able to learn how to drop catch successfully. (Oh, that's awesome!) All five of my playable games have the following: 1. Extra balls on; 2. One or two replay levels set to award extra balls; 3. Match turned off (don't need a free game when it's on free play); 4. Posts left at factory position. My nudging has improved. I don't consider myself to be a crappy player, but I'm also no Keith Elwin or Bowen Kerins. What's the harm in taking advantage of the software options to make the game more fun for me? None. And I consider myself neither a horrible or good person. I just like playing the game. You do what you want to do to make the game more enjoyable or accomplish your goals.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

As you pointed out earlier, those settings are needed (especially The Hand of Fate carry over).
In a home environment, where we (?) play for fun, why not make it a little bit easier so we can accomplish more? If I were practicing for a tournament, I would make it harder. As it is, I'm always practicing flipper skills. It was this game that I was finally able to learn how to drop catch successfully. (Oh, that's awesome!) All five of my playable games have the following: 1. Extra balls on; 2. One or two replay levels set to award extra balls; 3. Match turned off (don't need a free game when it's on free play); 4. Posts left at factory position. My nudging has improved. I don't consider myself to be a crappy player, but I'm also no Keith Elwin or Bowen Kerins. What's the harm in taking advantage of the software options to make the game more fun for me? None. And I consider myself neither a horrible or good person. I just like playing the game. You do what you want to do to make the game more enjoyable or accomplish your goals.

I set my replay's to extra balls as well, and I generally use all the levels of them. But, I like to stack them progressively higher. That way its a challenge to get them. The first one I like to set at what I consider the mark for a good game, and then I generally like to double it for the next reward, and then perhaps 1.5x and so on.
From time to time I will remove all the tiers except the first one and just try to see how good I can do for a day or two.

#1656 4 years ago

Okay... I had one of my artists draw the Mistress of the night. And this is my current apron card...

But, I think I might have her tweak the mistress again. No eyeliner. I think she misunderstood what I meant. Anyway. Still really nice, and I think it fits.

As I just hate reusing assets from other areas in the apron cards. I like original assets. Gives my eyes more to take in.
Feel free to use these.
And again if you do. Take a picture.

EDIT.
I changed out the image with one that I just edited. Its better now.

elvira card d copy (resized).jpgelvira card d copy (resized).jpg
#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... I had one of my artists draw the Mistress of the night. And this is my current apron card...
But, I think I might have her tweak the mistress again. No eyeliner. I think she misunderstood what I meant. Anyway. Still really nice, and I think it fits.
As I just hate reusing assets from other areas in the apron cards. I like original assets. Gives my eyes more to take in.
Feel free to use these.
And again if you do. Take a picture.[quoted image]

Did she have a stroke or did something punch her in the eye?

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

She's winking and trust me we went back and forth for 40 minutes to get the eyes right.

But, I think the mouth might need to curl a bit more up as well...
But, she did a really nice job matching the backglass color scheme I think. Will it be perfect no... But, this is an apron card.
And its custom art for a custom apron card. Free for use.
Free for you guys, I had to pay.

#1659 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Okay... So I was a bit tired and cranky. But, you were right. Sometimes when you work on a project you can't see the forest for all the trees. Was a simple fix, but I think it makes the expression pop more now.
I'm very pleased with it. and I hope you all enjoy it.

#1660 4 years ago

Appreciate the effort but think the “wink” misses badly. It looks like she was punched or is missing an eye. Or maybe it’s upside down.

Too bad because otherwise very nice.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Appreciate the effort but think the “wink” misses badly. It looks like she was punched or is missing an eye. Or maybe it’s upside down.
Too bad because otherwise very nice.

Same opinion here. But good effort!

#1662 4 years ago

Any idea on next code update?

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

In the Stern of the Union Address of January, they said: "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

I hope it imminent.

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Stay Tuned !

#1665 4 years ago

Wow... Don't take this the wrong way guys.

But, I thought the image is cool.
It COST ME MONEY.
I shared for free.
It took time to make. And I get insults.
So maybe I won't share anymore in the future.
Because, I don't know how much art anyone here has made.
I've made over 150 comics. Yes, winking can be hard to sell and make look natural. This is a good image. Thank you so much for insulting my artist. She did her best, and I was proud of her and happy to share it with you all.
Just not cool your responses.

But, instead of just pouting and taking my football home.
I'll go back and I'll tweak it with her.
And no that is not some dirty euphemism. So... Stay tuned. Update in a few days. Cos why stop now. Gotta try to make it perfect. And I think she was too focused at first on making it 100% realistic and I had to tell her about Robert Crumbs belief when drawing from real people. Take their most distinguished traits and slightly embellish for the art, and it makes the portraits pop a bit better. And she was worried about line for line. Which doesn't translate best. Because so much is lost in the lines.

#1666 4 years ago

I don't think anyone is insulting you or the artist. Just pointing out that the way the winked eye was drawn looks incorrect. It looks like the eye has closed from the bottom up. When a person winks, the top eyelid comes down and the eyelashes point downward.

I liked the overall drawing, it just needs a tweak to make it look more natural.

Here are some reference shots for an Elvira wink.
Screenshot_20200125-071254.jpgScreenshot_20200125-071254.jpgScreenshot_20200125-071613.jpgScreenshot_20200125-071613.jpge8c007be37cd9278bf8024afc45cc288.gife8c007be37cd9278bf8024afc45cc288.gif

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I don't think anyone is insulting you or the artist. Just pointing out that the way the winked eye was drawn looks incorrect. It looks like the eye has closed from the bottom up. When a person winks, the top eyelid comes down and the eyelashes point downward.
I liked the overall drawing, it just needs a tweak to make it look more natural.
Here are some reference shots for an Elvira wink.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I know how winking works.

Also... We used one of those images already.

Listen. No offense to anyone. And I know I'll be down voted. But, everyone is a critic.
And while I'm not a illustrator. I do dabble. She is an artist and has drawn for more hours than most people here.
That's her pinball.
So all I will say is. Its easy to criticize harder to create.

As I said before. I'll go back to the drawing board.
But, Robert... You mean well. But, your post is belittling.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Yes, I know how winking works.
Also... We used one of those images already.
Listen. No offense to anyone. And I know I'll be down voted. But, everyone is a critic.
And while I'm not a illustrator. I do dabble. She is an artist and has drawn for more hours than most people here.
That's her pinball.
So all I will say is. Its easy to criticize harder to create.
As I said before. I'll go back to the drawing board.
But, Robert... You mean well. But, your post is belittling.

Robert means well. Not belittling at all. The eye is drawn wrong, point final. All this reactions are meant well!

#1669 4 years ago

Okay... So Eyegate or blinkgate.

Listen guys. My blood pressure ever since I've been in my 20s has been high and now I'm in my 30s its insanely high.
Not due to diet, or lack of exercise. Its because of how chronically pissed off I always am.
Lately, I hate my 9-5 job. If all goes well I should be able to quit in about 1.5 years... But, that's still a long time for doing something you hate.

So I tend to take umbrage easy. I was chatting with my artist.
And she told me to stop being a karen. She tells me that all the time.
And also to tip toe through the tulips with her... ... ... That one might be a euphemism. And yes... I never said eye was perfect. I said I'll go back to the drawing board.... Which is actually literally correct in this case. But, there is a process to art guys. It doesn't just happen. And she really nailed most of the image. Yes, it stinks that one little mistake can stick out like a sore thumb.
So I'll fix it.
Sorry for flying off the handle. But, again I've made a lot of money in art. Dedicated my whole life to it. So I can be a butt baby about such things.

#1670 4 years ago

The image of her is fine but the winking eye is upside down. Flip it around and it’ll look right.

#1671 4 years ago

I overlooked this pin at release.

Happy to be an owner of a premium.

Fun pin.
22F960E7-9C0D-470C-AF17-73C3880C8CED (resized).jpeg22F960E7-9C0D-470C-AF17-73C3880C8CED (resized).jpeg7248618B-B933-48B6-9BF6-64A485BE84F8 (resized).jpeg7248618B-B933-48B6-9BF6-64A485BE84F8 (resized).jpeg

#1672 4 years ago

Heres a couple with a wink. Grab em while you can

card 2 (resized).jpgcard 2 (resized).jpg
#1673 4 years ago

SDTM Mod Install: Elvira 3 Mods by Medisinyl Mod

Definitely a must BUY BUY BUY!

Tell them SDTM sent ya

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I nominate this as the quote of the year for this thread, but only if there's no context or author sited (no need to kick a man when he's down). It stands on its own!

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I nominate this as the quote of the year for this thread, but only if there's no context or author sited (no need to kick a man when he's down). It stands on its own!

Its all good. I never say I can't take the piss out of myself. I might chronically be pissed off all the time, but I do have a sense of humor.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Heres a couple with a wink. Grab em while you can

The first is well done (and gets the wink). The second is juvenile, tacky and disrespectful.

The Elvira character works because of camp, humor and innuendo, not crude exploitation. Obviously anyone can put whatever they want on their game but just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

#1677 4 years ago

Oh please she's made a career of exploiting her cleavage and body. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise. Shes been in playboy and Im sure doesnt have some taboo on sex. Its clear she enjoys being a sex symbol and the object of sexual fantasies to men. I'd bet that if Gary had deep enough pockets there could have been a topless wizard mode and we would all still respect her in the morning.

#1678 4 years ago

Show some class, losers.

Anybody come up with a good fix for a stucky ball in the "star trek" spot on the lower right pop bumper? I set the pop to as hair trigger as possible but still get a stucky sometimes.

#1679 4 years ago

When’s the topper going to be available?

#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Show some class, losers.
Anybody come up with a good fix for a stucky ball in the "star trek" spot on the lower right pop bumper? I set the pop to as hair trigger as possible but still get a stucky sometimes.

Same here. A little nudge and problem solved .. maybe the pin isn't levelled out perfect?

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Oh please she's made a career of exploiting her cleavage and body. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise. Shes been in playboy and Im sure doesnt have some taboo on sex. Its clear she enjoys being a sex symbol and the object of sexual fantasies to men.

You might be confusing the actress with the character she created.

#1682 4 years ago

Could Anyone help me troubleshoot this optic board? This is the result I get once power is applied.
Is indicative of a bad board?

95E2A633-CFBE-4DB5-9DB8-820D03777BC0 (resized).jpeg95E2A633-CFBE-4DB5-9DB8-820D03777BC0 (resized).jpeg
#1683 4 years ago

That was supposed to be a video. It would’ve shown a lit led slowly fading out to unlit

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So Eyegate or blinkgate.
Listen guys. My blood pressure ever since I've been in my 20s has been high and now I'm in my 30s its insanely high.
Not due to diet, or lack of exercise. Its because of how chronically pissed off I always am.
Lately, I hate my 9-5 job. If all goes well I should be able to quit in about 1.5 years... But, that's still a long time for doing something you hate.
So I tend to take umbrage easy. I was chatting with my artist.
And also to tip toe through the tulips with her... ... ... That one might be a euphemism. And yes... I never said eye was perfect. I said I'll go back to the drawing board.... Which is actually literally correct in this case. But, there is a process to art guys. It doesn't just happen. And she really nailed most of the image. Yes, it stinks that one little mistake can stick out like a sore thumb.
So I'll fix it.
Sorry for flying off the handle. But, again I've made a lot of money in art. Dedicated my whole life to it. So I can be a butt baby about such things.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to be a douche…I was just busting balls. Ultimately whatever you like is perfect. Trust me, I like some dumb shit that would probably get a few jokes as well.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

When’s the topper going to be available?

Stay tuned ! Announcement will be made soon.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Oh please she's made a career of exploiting her cleavage and body. Its dishonest to suggest otherwise. Shes been in playboy and Im sure doesnt have some taboo on sex. Its clear she enjoys being a sex symbol and the object of sexual fantasies to men. I'd bet that if Gary had deep enough pockets there could have been a topless wizard mode and we would all still respect her in the morning.

FWIW she has not actually been in playboy. You're absolutely missing the point of the character, which is that she never actually shows anything other than what the dress allows

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FWIW she has not actually been in playboy. You're absolutely missing the point of the character, which is that she never actually shows anything other than what the dress allows

You're right and Im happy to admit when I'm wrong. Turns out it was a more upscale magazine called High Society. The nudes are all there on bing image just turn off the filter. Which magazine it was is beside my point. Im just saying she probably gives a shit about anyone making some nude drawings of her. Funny how some people put her on a pedestal and are happy to drool over her cleavage but feel its disrespectful to portray her nude or sexually. Ripe with hypocrisy and void of intellectual honesty. Try not to crush yourself with guilt when you jerk off. Its natural and ok.

#1688 4 years ago

No chill, no class

#1689 4 years ago

You’re still wrong.

But anyways. Thanks for the help. I’ll be sure to post issues here in the future, as they were welcomed. The last part is a joke.
Ciao

#1690 4 years ago

Im considering this game again. I was a definite on this title and then it didnt wow me when it first came out but i played it at Pincinnati and really liked it. Couple of quick questions for you all. For those of you who own Elvira and JP, do you think Elvira is as good or close to JP? Also how would you rate Elvira compared to say AFM Remake or MB Remake? So many good choices right now that its really making my OCD go crazy.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im considering this game again. I was a definite on this title and then it didnt wow me when it first came out but i played it at Pincinnati and really liked it. Couple of quick questions for you all. For those of you who own Elvira and JP, do you think Elvira is as good or close to JP? Also how would you rate Elvira compared to say AFM Remake or MB Remake? So many good choices right now that its really making my OCD go crazy.

I own both and would advise you to pick the theme you like better, both are loads of fun!

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm considering this game again. Do you think Elvira is as good or close to JP? Also how would you rate Elvira compared to say AFM Remake or MB Remake? So many good choices right now that its really making my OCD go crazy.

Elvira 3 looks like a fan layout but the diverter and subway differentiate it. JP layout is really nice, too, but I bought Elvira 3 over JP because I like the custom video and audio clips better. I already have AFM and MB and love them both, or I would want AFMr and MBr for the enlarged and enhanced dots. So you really can't go wrong with any of your choices (as long as the JP has a good playfield).

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I own both and would advise you to pick the theme you like better, both are loads of fun!

I like both themes but i love Elvira and anything horror related.

#1694 4 years ago

The Elvira that i played back in November kept getting the ball or balls stuck in that casket on the left ramp. Is that a common problem or just a problem with the one i was playing?

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Elvira that i played back in November kept getting the ball or balls stuck in that casket on the left ramp. Is that a common problem or just a problem with the one i was playing?

Was a code issue that was solved.

#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well... I think CGC will be remaking the remakes for awhile. So if you want a NIB Elvira 3, you should buy now.

I mean AFM is one of my favorite all time games. Right now, I'd say its a better game than Elvira. But, Elvira has the most sex appeal ever in a pinball machine, and that is a big factor for me. I love pinup art and cheesecake. Big, big fan of that. And I love monsters. And I do love Elvira.
But, right now. AFM is the better game. I think when the code is finished. Elvira 3 will be truly something amazing. I don't think it'll be fair to compare it to AFM as it has a quarter of a century of improvement on it. But, out of modern games Elvira 3 will be probably be a top 5 game made in the last 15-20 years.

#1697 4 years ago

My Elvira has been great, no issues. It’s a tough call between Elvira and jp for me. If I was debating jp pro against Elvira, for value I might choose jp. If it’s a jp prem, it’s much closer for me. I’m not an Elvira fan either, it’s just a lot of fun to play and it has huge potential for code. Maybe get jp now and Elvira down the road.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My Elvira has been great, no issues. It’s a tough call between Elvira and jp for me. If I was debating jp pro against Elvira, for value I might choose jp. If it’s a jp prem, it’s much closer for me. I’m not an Elvira fan either, it’s just a lot of fun to play and it has huge potential for code. Maybe get jp now and Elvira down the road.

I know JP is extremely good. I love the Elvira theme though. Its going to be awhile so i got some time to think about it so thats a good thing.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know JP is extremely good. I love the Elvira theme though. Its going to be awhile so i got some time to think about it so thats a good thing.

I did mention this a few pages back. But, I actually think Stern's JP the best game in like the last 5 years. I love Iron Maiden and its a dream theme for me. But, I think with layout, rules, and the best damn toy in pinball to date its JP. Just an amazing game. And mind you I think Iron Maiden is a special and amazing game(and of course Elvira as well), but there is just something amazing about JP.

With that being said. I don't like the theme. I love dinos sure. But, those movies bore me. Not enough carnage or mayhem. I would prefer something like Dinosaurs Attack(the old trading card series). And not only does the theme do nothing, but also the art package looks good. Maybe very good. But, I don't want that in my home. If I was buying for an arcade, I'd get JP prem. But, for my home something I look at more than I'd play. Gotta go with the Mistress of the Dark.

#1700 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I went with Elvira even though JP is a more creative layout. What's already in the code is DAMN good... and as opposed to Batman, which turned out amazing but took a year to shape up, Elvira is already super fun out of the gate with a fair amount of things to do.

I'm a huge fan of horror / b movies so in this case I decided to take the ride and see where Lyman takes it. It looks and shoots great and while it's not re-inventing the wheel I think it has real heart. No idea what percentage is coded, but I have yet to see everything and I always have a blast playing it. Mine came with both outlanes wide open from factory so I'm leaving as-is and enjoying my occasional breakout game. I figured worst case I can always straight up swap for a used JP down the line, but if the code gets up to the Batman level of content it may never leave!

Luckily for you there's no wrong decision here with these two

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
18,500 (OBO)
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oklahoma City, OK
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/34?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.