IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg
EHoH1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 363.
#16701 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I gathered feedback from this thread on the most recent code update and sent it to Stern, Eddie responded to my email to today. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to shoot him a note with your ideas & feedback on the most recent code
[email protected]
[quoted image]

Excellent! Thank you!

#16702 4 months ago

Finally got it set up. How about a BRK next to Kiss….
We have the sex and Rock’n Roll…only missing the drugs LOL!

IMG_1812 (resized).jpegIMG_1812 (resized).jpegIMG_1813 (resized).jpegIMG_1813 (resized).jpeg

#16703 4 months ago

I unboxed and set-up my BRK Thursday and thought I'd play a couple games to make sure all was good. It wasn't, after playing one test game I realized my house ramp wasn't working, so I shut it down to inspect. The screw and spacer that should be attached to the lift mechanism was no where to be found. After looking in the cabinet I found the 4-40 screw stuck to the speaker magnet, but the plastic spacer/bushing was no where to be found. So three days later with partial disassembly of the surrounding area and some custom fabrication I got it fixed and playing good.

Here's a few photos of some different colored flippers installed in the game, in the end I chose the red HALO's. Planning on putting in some extended play time on her tomorrow.

BRK House ramp link2 (resized).jpgBRK House ramp link2 (resized).jpgBRK Blk HALO (resized).jpgBRK Blk HALO (resized).jpgBRK Blk Solids (resized).jpgBRK Blk Solids (resized).jpgBRK Gray HALO (resized).jpgBRK Gray HALO (resized).jpgBRK red Solids (resized).jpgBRK red Solids (resized).jpgBRK Silver HALO (resized).jpgBRK Silver HALO (resized).jpgBRK Red Halo (resized).jpgBRK Red Halo (resized).jpgBRK Silver solids (resized).jpgBRK Silver solids (resized).jpgBRK White HALO (resized).jpgBRK White HALO (resized).jpg
#16704 4 months ago

Red halo for sure, looks great! Once you get the tweaks figured out, it's an incredible shoiter.

#16705 4 months ago

erased.

#16706 4 months ago

erased.

#16707 4 months ago

erased.

#16708 4 months ago

I had an issue with the left orbit ball guide on my BRK where it feeds to the left bumper instead of the left flipper. Hurry Up Pinball's video instructions, although great, won't work as Stern's post sleeve is now the same size as Bally's 1-1/16" sleeve, in the BRK edition. I wound up using Bally's sleeve because it's a tiny bit thicker, and instead of moving the ball guide out towards the playfield, I pushed it in to expose more of the post sleeve. This works perfectly as the post sleeve acts as part of the ball guide. If the sleeve wears thin, I'll just replace it. I hope this helps someone if they have the same issue with the BRK.

IMG_0279 (resized).jpegIMG_0279 (resized).jpeg

#16709 4 months ago

Ironically, my diverter is possessed and won't stop going up and down! I took the diverter off to inspect and the switch actuators seem to be positioned correctly where when the activating tab hits them, they hit the switches as they should. But it's obviously not correct. In diagnostics, the diverter will only stay on Switch 53.

Is this a Stern call or does someone know of a fix?

#16710 4 months ago

Whoa! You somehow managed a sort of a triple post, but in reverse mixed-up order.

Well done, I’ve never seen that!

#16711 4 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Whoa! You somehow managed a sort of a triple post, but in reverse mixed-up order.
Well done, I’ve never seen that!

haha I deleted 3 posts but they're not deleting. Weird.

#16712 4 months ago

Fixed. I thought draining the post was deleting it. I see only mods can delete a post.

#16713 4 months ago

I've done a search of the thread and see the issue of a ball getting stuck between the bottom pop bumper and the post next to it is common but I couldn't find a post with a solution, did I miss it? Pop bumper is already set sensitive but it still happens.

It's not super annoying as a little nudge or ball search frees it but would be nice if there was actually a fix. Thanks

#16714 4 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I've done a search of the thread and see the issue of a ball getting stuck between the bottom pop bumper and the post next to it is common but I couldn't find a post with a solution, did I miss it? Pop bumper is already set sensitive but it still happens.
It's not super annoying as a little nudge or ball search frees it but would be nice if there was actually a fix. Thanks

Place an extra pinball inside the rubber ring around the nearest post, under the plastic. That will give the ring a slight protrusion to enable the ball not to get stuck.

#16715 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I unboxed and set-up my BRK Thursday and thought I'd play a couple games to make sure all was good. It wasn't, after playing one test game I realized my house ramp wasn't working, so I shut it down to inspect. The screw and spacer that should be attached to the lift mechanism was no where to be found. After looking in the cabinet I found the 4-40 screw stuck to the speaker magnet, but the plastic spacer/bushing was no where to be found. So three days later with partial disassembly of the surrounding area and some custom fabrication I got it fixed and playing good.
Here's a few photos of some different colored flippers installed in the game, in the end I chose the red HALO's. Planning on putting in some extended play time on her tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for posting these.

#16716 4 months ago

Just upgraded from a prem to original run LE, having the left guide return to flipper issue. It can't be adjusted out as there's no slot in the guide, I put bigger rings stacked on the post but now it puts it sdtm or to right flipper. What's the best way to correct, other than drilling a new hole behind the guide?

#16717 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just upgraded from a prem to original run LE, having the left guide return to flipper issue. It can't be adjusted out as there's no slot in the guide, I put bigger rings stacked on the post but now it puts it sdtm or to right flipper. What's the best way to correct, other than drilling a new hole behind the guide?

I also have an original run LE - check your level and pitch before you do anything else

#16718 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Damn, I have the same problem. I found a plastic washer and a small screw and couldn't find where they went. When I reference your picture, I see my ramp isn't connected either. Any tips before I try and fix it?

#16719 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I also have an original run LE - check your level and pitch before you do anything else

Dead level, 6.8°, still hits left sling

#16720 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dead level, 6.8°, still hits left sling

I just added a single strip of duct tape to the end of the ball guide (after reading the suggestion in this thread to use mylar which I didn't have at home). Seems to work fine.

#16721 4 months ago

Are you BRK guys going to run your dagger shooter rod or opt for something different and keep the dagger tucked away?

#16722 4 months ago

So far I've just left it tucked away. Seems like it will stick it a lot.

#16723 4 months ago

Are you BRK guys going to run your dagger shooter rod or opt for something different and keep the dagger tucked away?

I put mine on and it looks great. Its not as intrusive as it looks to be, but I'm not getting good plunges with it. Full pull barely gets it up and around, so I think I'm going to tuck it back in the coin box.

#16724 4 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

I put mine on and it looks great. Its not as intrusive as it looks to be, but I'm not getting good plunges with it. Full pull barely gets it up and around, so I think I'm going to tuck it back in the coin box.

Some of those special shooters are a bit shorter than stock. Check to see whether there is too big a gap between the ball at rest in the shooter lane and the rubber tip. If so, see if there are multiple washers on the outside of the shooter on either side of the barrel spring. I've made a shooter shorter or longer by adjusting the number of washers here. Might help

#16725 4 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I just added a single strip of duct tape to the end of the ball guide (after reading the suggestion in this thread to use mylar which I didn't have at home). Seems to work fine.

Thx for the tip, I put a 3/4× 1" piece of mylar on the end of the guide and its perfect now. You'll need to get some and remove that duct tape!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16726 4 months ago

I'm leaving the dagger wrapped up and in the cabinet.

My original Elvira premium had the same issue with the left ball guide not returning the ball without catching the left sling. I did what others had done a couple years back and added a small piece of mylar, just enough to alter the ball path so that it runs down the left side without catching the sling. I did the same thing with my BRK, same results.

#16727 4 months ago

Just ordered the Pinwoofer, and Precision Halo Pro Red Flippers. Got the mistress installed on the playfield... Oh, and the custom topper is finished. I'll have the gargoyles in place soon and will update pics and video (colors are a little washed out in the video, but in-person... amazing). Here's a preview:

Elvira-BRK_Topper.pngElvira-BRK_Topper.png
#16728 4 months ago

Yeah, I've got the shooter rod on mine as well, and most of my plunges suck overall. Plunges from the action button are fine, however.

#16729 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx for the tip, I put a 3/4× 1" piece of mylar on the end of the guide and its perfect now. You'll need to get some and remove that duct tape!

Any chance you can grab a photo of how yours looks now? I hate the left orbit into the left sling, and trying to figure out the best way to correct it.

#16730 4 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Any chance you can grab a photo of how yours looks now? I hate the left orbit into the left sling, and trying to figure out the best way to correct it.

20231126_164548 (resized).jpg20231126_164548 (resized).jpgKudos to JayLar for the heads up on this.

#16731 4 months ago

Hard to see in person, pic makes it look bad

#16732 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]Kudos to JayLar for the heads up on this.

Thank you!!

#16733 4 months ago
Quoted from garyinmotion:

Just ordered the Pinwoofer, and Precision Halo Pro Red Flippers. Got the mistress installed on the playfield... Oh, and the custom topper is finished. I'll have the gargoyles in place soon and will update pics and video (colors are a little washed out in the video, but in-person... amazing). Here's a preview:

[quoted image]

Great job on the topper! I think what makes it work so well is that its roughly the same size as the LCD below and the graphics ties the two together. How did you pull it off? Even w/o the gargoils you mention it looks quite fetching!

#16734 4 months ago

The ball guide for the left orbit is slotted on later build EHoH's. You can just remove the plastic near the end of the ball guide to access the screw and then you can adjust the guide to the position you want.

#16735 4 months ago

Same results with the dagger… looks nicer than I thought it would, but plunges could be better. It’s temporary though, as I have custom gargoyle one en route. I may try the washer adjustment in the meantime.

#16736 4 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, I've got the shooter rod on mine as well, and most of my plunges suck overall. Plunges from the action button are fine, however.

Why not just replace the spring? Simple fix and cheap fix.

#16737 4 months ago

I keep getting an operator alert cellar malfunction. The ball will not eject from the house cellar. It goes into finding missing pinballs mode until the ball just ends and a new ball ejects into the shooter through. Is it an opto issue? It was doing this pre-code update.

#16738 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why not just replace the spring? Simple fix and cheap fix.

Definitely an option I believe the dagger comes with multiple springs.

#16739 4 months ago

Definitely an option I believe the dagger comes with multiple springs.

Oh? Not sure what people are complaining about then??

#16740 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Oh? Not sure what people are complaining about then??

It only comes with one spring set.

#16741 4 months ago

For the record, 'complaint' and 'observation' are not one and the same.

#16742 4 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

For the record, 'complaint' and 'observation' are not one and the same.

Exactly!!

#16743 4 months ago

Meh... Easy fix either way.

#16744 4 months ago

It only comes with one spring set.

When you say one set, did you mean one spare set that was designated just for the dagger? Because that’s what should’ve come with.

#16745 4 months ago

When you say one set, did you mean one spare set that was designated just for the dagger? Because that’s what should’ve come with.
[quoted image]

Yes exactly, one set with the dagger. Not including what came installed.

#16746 4 months ago

Yes exactly, one set with the dagger. Not including what came installed.

Gotcha

#16747 4 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Great job on the topper! I think what makes it work so well is that its roughly the same size as the LCD below and the graphics ties the two together. How did you pull it off? Even w/o the gargoils you mention it looks quite fetching!

Hey, I appreciate it, thanks! With a nod to others who've created awesome trailer and preview MODs for this table, I wanted to put my own spin on it. Coming from cutting trailers for horror films of the 80's in Hollywood, I went with a little more of a PG-13 feel (think, "Slumber Party Massacre" and "Evil Twins"). This is a custom animation/design in a 1280 x 390 LCD Monitor. It's a 12 minute loop with some AI elements created for the background. I'm still tweaking the colors to get just the right feel. Here's the latest preview (showing the trailer for "Elvira - Mistress of the Dark"):

#16748 4 months ago

New banner for the game room

Banner 1 (resized).jpgBanner 1 (resized).jpg
#16749 4 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The ball guide for the left orbit is slotted on later build EHoH's. You can just remove the plastic near the end of the ball guide to access the screw and then you can adjust the guide to the position you want.

I have a new build and struggled getting the custom adjustment to stay in place. It always moved back to initial position if a ball hit the ball guide from the side, even if the screw was screwed in really hard. The mylar solution is much more simple and just works regardless of ball hits.

#16750 4 months ago

Grey and White Elvira crate with green zombies being made up .
Contact me if interested.

Screenshot 2022-10-02 194526 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-10-02 194526 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,107 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/335?hl=1956pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.