IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4596.jpeg
IMG_4597.jpeg
Pinside_forum_7984496_12.jpg
IMG_3129 (resized).png
IMG_2713 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4586.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 357.
#16551 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, right now they've only set it to light up when you have the locked room flashing on the house. If you hit the flippers and change the lit room then the turret goes dark again.
But it would be good to have it lit any time you're holding a key and haven't played the locked room haunt though. That way you'd always see what haunt you'll be playing when you go into the locked room.

I concur. It's too difficult to see if it's not lit.

Rob

#16552 3 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

It's an odd change, the difference was much more obvious before. I've also noticed a couple of advance shots at the house haven't been reverted.

Yes, Manster would be one of these.

Rob

#16553 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's no randomness in the way they've set it up. Holding one key means the Eyeball side of the turret faces forward, and that's always the Santa haunt.
With the way this has been implemented, in order to play any haunt besides Santa you have to actively avoid the left ramp once you've collected a key. Then you have to keep collecting keys by hitting the trunk targets. Or you can collect additional keys in Trunk multiball.
But the main problem is that which haunt you play is specifically determined by how many keys you're holding. There isn't a choice or random assignment in the process other than to try to be holding the exact number of keys you need in order to play the haunt you'd like.
To play Eegah you'd need to be holding exactly 4 keys, 8 keys, 12 keys etc. But the process of trying to get an exact number of keys makes gameplay not fun at all.

So the spinning is set to a specific key sequence and the turret does not simply rotate? That's my thinking, was that the turret simply randomly spun as you played or did certain things in game, which would have made the turret sequence random if it simply was a matter of a 1/4 turn each key, but if the turret resets to a set location each time, then yea it's a bit controlled

#16554 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

But the main problem is that which haunt you play is specifically determined by how many keys you're holding. There isn't a choice or random assignment in the process other than to try to be holding the exact number of keys you need in order to play the haunt you'd like.
To play Eegah you'd need to be holding exactly 4 keys, 8 keys, 12 keys etc. But the process of trying to get an exact number of keys makes gameplay not fun at all.

I played around with it yesterday and came to the same conclusion. I really like that they incorporated the turret but there needs to be another way to change it. Maybe it could rotate a quarter turn anytime a ball enters the house or cellar? Or every x number of hits on wild market value. Or perhaps every 5 or 10 spins of beast booster? Lots of options available.

#16555 3 months ago

do you think it's possible to ask Stern for an explanation of the procedure to follow ?

#16556 3 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:Hey Elvira peeps -- if you got the new code today you'll see Stern forced some attract mode commercials into your face.
Go into Standard Adjustments, go to #55 -- "Display Message of the Day" -- and turn to OFF.
Let's not clutter this thread, you can use my other thread here to discuss/rant/etc. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-stern-s-annoying-new-commercials

Appreciate the heads up! I'm going to check it out. If Stern actually updates these periodically via streaming (not how they work now), it might be a cool feature to see what new game pops up. I leave my games on a lot so I think it's an interesting draw to look at the machine you may have been ignoring for a while.

Thanks EaglePin for the haunt analysis. 100% agree, the way you documented the haunts does not sound like an enhancement

#16557 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

House diverter issues - I started to experience house diverter issues where no shots up main house ramp would do anything. It looked like the diverter was hanging down a bit. I read the one key post about this but can't quite figure it out. If I go to house diverter motor test, it just says moving to 52. Is the actuator movement noticeable cause I hear the motor but don't see any movement. Any help would be appreciated cause I can't start modes. I did test the switches by hand to verify they work. Something is a little wonky right now.

Anyone have this issue and can provide some guidance?

#16558 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Anyone have this issue and can provide some guidance?

I'm not getting responses on my thread so hopefully the owners club will get some responses.

I'm guessing I need to remove the diverter assembly to investigate but it looks like I can't remove it from the back side. Do I need to remove the house to get to this? I found a video on that. I could definitely use some help on this, if anyone has any input.

#16559 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm not getting responses on my thread so hopefully the owners club will get some responses.
I'm guessing I need to remove the diverter assembly to investigate but it looks like I can't remove it from the back side. Do I need to remove the house to get to this? I found a video on that. I could definitely use some help on this, if anyone has any input.

Have you tried calling Stern or are they still not answering the phone?

#16560 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Have you tried calling Stern or are they still not answering the phone?

I opened a ticket but have not heard back yet. Is it best to call them? Can anyone take a pic of their diverter moving in test mode so I can see how it should be moving? I'd be looking at video showing the diverter and then pics from the backside and down into the mech so I can verify movement inside there.

#16561 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I opened a ticket but have not heard back yet. Is it best to call them? Can anyone take a pic of their diverter moving in test mode so I can see how it should be moving? I'd be looking at video showing the diverter and then pics from the backside and down into the mech so I can verify movement inside there.

I would at least try to call them but I am not sure if they are back to answering the phones or not??

#16562 3 months ago

Sargent dead head seems to have been censored by some default in the new code and I dont see where any kind of family mode can be turned off .. he now says "F-ing" ...wondering if "bat sh-it crazy" was sniped too -hoping these havent be removed

Getting to Gappa has basically gotten to be easier than getting to that Eegah mode .. had quite a binge trying. Really having trouble following the objective flow in a couple modes too ..Manster for one

#16563 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Not an expert, but I looked at the diverter once and there is a metal plate just behind the house that moves up or down to change the shot. In the normal position, there is an attached ball guide sends the ball to the left orbit. When the house is lit to start a haunt, the diverter moves to let the ball pass straight through to the black plastic enclosure behind the playfield backboard. This is where the ball is held while the haunt intro clip plays. You can see some of the diverter assembly behind the backboard too. If I remember correctly, there are just 2 posts connecting the metal plate to the motor. If the motor is running, maybe the screws came loose?

#16564 3 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Not an expert, but I looked at the diverter once and there is a metal plate just behind the house that moves up or down to change the shot. In the normal position, there is an attached ball guide sends the ball to the left orbit. When the house is lit to start a haunt, the diverter moves to let the ball pass straight through to the black plastic enclosure behind the playfield backboard. This is where the ball is held while the haunt intro clip plays. You can see some of the diverter assembly behind the backboard too. If I remember correctly, there are just 2 posts connecting the metal plate to the motor. If the motor is running, maybe the screws came loose?

This is what I was thinking too but didnt want to steer him wrong cause Im no expert either -but you can definitely see that diverter moving down behind the house from normal game play position. Kind of assumed he had already looked behind the backboard at the assembly but if not that might be the best place to start and snap a pic back there for us

#16565 3 months ago

They really need to just revert whatever changes they made to the mode lighting. Last update fixed some things but not everything and seems to have broken other lighting. I don’t know what they thought they were trying to improve but it was perfect as it was.

#16566 3 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

Sargent dead head seems to have been censored by some default in the new code and I dont see where any kind of family mode can be turned off .. he now says "F-ing" ...wondering if "bat sh-it crazy" was sniped too -hoping these havent be removed

That's not good. Sarge's callouts are great and should be left as they were. Hope they haven't changed.

#16567 3 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

They really need to just revert whatever changes they made to the mode lighting. Last update fixed some things but not everything and seems to have broken other lighting. I don’t know what they thought they were trying to improve but it was perfect as it was.

Yeah, adding things like Pew Pew Pew and Eegah modes is awesome. I love that they're doing it. But I don't see the need to change some stuff that was already good in code like the insert lighting on existing modes and the timing of the crypt kickout.

#16568 3 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:This is what I was thinking too but didnt want to steer him wrong cause Im no expert either -but you can definitely see that diverter moving down behind the house from normal game play position. Kind of assumed he had already looked behind the backboard at the assembly but if not that might be the best place to start and snap a pic back there for us

That is where is started. Mine does not seem to be moving and not working properly in test mode. The motor is making noise so not sure if it is bound up somewhere. I was hoping to be able to remove the whole mechanism to get a better look but I don't know if there is an easy way to get it out. There are 4 screws that hold the whole diverter mechanism behind the playfield. I have those 4 out but you can't just pull it off from there because of the diverter plate on the other side of the back wall of the playfield. I'm trying to find the right path to choose instead of just pulling crap apart. Also, should I be able to move the diverter by hand with game off? In test mode, switch 52 and 53 are the ones that it is supposed to hit. These both work if I manually activate. I'm guessing that if the mechanism was moving properly that something would activate the switch when its moving. Hopefully someone has some guidance or Stern responds to my open ticket.

#16569 3 months ago

Does anyone know how to remove the 'Gary's Gameroom' Insider Connect invitation that frequently comes on to the screen? I have only seen it since the 1.8 software upgrade. I can't find it in the settings.

Thanks.

#16570 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

That is where is started. Mine does not seem to be moving and not working properly in test mode. The motor is making noise so not sure if it is bound up somewhere. I was hoping to be able to remove the whole mechanism to get a better look but I don't know if there is an easy way to get it out. There are 4 screws that hold the whole diverter mechanism behind the playfield. I have those 4 out but you can't just pull it off from there because of the diverter plate on the other side of the back wall of the playfield. I'm trying to find the right path to choose instead of just pulling crap apart. Also, should I be able to move the diverter by hand with game off? In test mode, switch 52 and 53 are the ones that it is supposed to hit. These both work if I manually activate. I'm guessing that if the mechanism was moving properly that something would activate the switch when its moving. Hopefully someone has some guidance or Stern responds to my open ticket.

Yeah man this is a tough one -I forget if there is a spring on thar mech or something that could explain the "hanging down" that youre describing, esp. If you know its secured to the back wall. I think with some pictures of what youre talking about folks here might be able to help. Ive heard taking the house apart to get at this is quite doable just ..ugh.. takes a while. Hope you can avoid that

#16571 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah, adding things like Pew Pew Pew and Eegah modes is awesome. I love that they're doing it. But I don't see the need to change some stuff that was already good in code like the insert lighting on existing modes and the timing of the crypt kickout.

Im with you 100% -no need to change what was previously well polished in there. The more I play on this new code the more Im finding sketchy stuff -had the Gappa light go on solid at an inappropriate time, for example -that really threw me off.

Previous to having recently jumped up to 1.06, then 1.08 I had 1.02 running for well over a year with no clip freeze ups or other weird stuff and it seemed sooo rock solid. Im currently trying to find that older, pre insider code just in case this kind of thing doesnt get smoothed out or gets worse (swear I remember backing that up somewhere -but if anyone has 1.02 Id love to compare game play for stability and flow). Seems like thats when stuff started getting changed.

Would love to be able to enjoy the new additions, of course -still have hope though. Im happy attenpts are being made and feedback is being considered.

#16572 3 months ago

Once you install an update that has a node board firmware update, you can't roll back to previous code versions.

#16573 3 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Once you install an update that has a node board firmware update, you can't roll back to previous code versions.

Absolutely you can roll back. I have done it many times.

#16574 3 months ago

THE UNBOXING: Elvira's Blood Red Kiss Special Edition Pinball Machine

IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP + FREE SHIPPING!

flipnoutpinball.com
email: [email protected]
text: 812.457.9711

#16575 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

What in the f*ck did I just watch!!??!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

#16576 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

This thing better come with an industrial sized tub of hand cream.

#16577 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

I feel dirty.

#16578 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

Smoke em if you got em!

#16579 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

Ummm... Is that Nicole?

The game looks amazing too!

#16580 3 months ago

BRK #16 has landed . Whoot !

IMG_4672 (resized).jpegIMG_4672 (resized).jpeg
#16581 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

What you are describing sounds very similar to an issue I had. The diverter was not moving smoothly and was not actuating one switch. This was nearly four years ago, so I'm a little foggy on the details. I emailed Stern service and attached a video of the diverter in test. Pablo responded and sent a new assembly.

Here's the video I sent.

Hope this helps!

#16582 3 months ago

Alright folks. The next unboxing video needs to go one step further than the above..... I'm waiting.

#16583 3 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BRK #16 has landed . Whoot !
[quoted image]

Nice looking game room and very solid looking dog!

#16584 3 months ago

Harper the English Bulldog says thank you

#16586 3 months ago

Y'all actually got me to watch that thing. Noticed the BRK seems to have its own attract code that keeps the house lit up red, pretty neat.

Zach: next time install the balls so it's not ballsearching during the shoot

#16587 3 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Y'all actually got me to watch that thing. Noticed the BRK seems to have its own attract code that keeps the house lit up red, pretty neat.
Zach: next time install the balls so it's not ballsearching during the shoot

You learned my secret of showing the mechs in action all at once like it’s coming alive shhhhh

#16588 3 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What you are describing sounds very similar to an issue I had. The diverter was not moving smoothly and was not actuating one switch. This was nearly four years ago, so I'm a little foggy on the details. I emailed Stern service and attached a video of the diverter in test. Pablo responded and sent a new assembly.
Here's the video I sent.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the video! I did get a response from Stern and am going to make a video for them tomorrow. I wasn't home at all today. Hopefully I make some headway on this.

#16589 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

House diverter issues - I started to experience house diverter issues where no shots up main house ramp would do anything. It looked like the diverter was hanging down a bit. I read the one key post about this but can't quite figure it out. If I go to house diverter motor test, it just says moving to 52. Is the actuator movement noticeable cause I hear the motor but don't see any movement. Any help would be appreciated cause I can't start modes. I did test the switches by hand to verify they work. Something is a little wonky right now.

After talking to some people that have had issues in the past, it gave me a better understanding of what is supposed to happen. I made two videos which show the behavior. The first one is on test mode and you can hear the motor working but there is no movement. I played around with it a bit and when I apply a little bit of a squeeze it seems to engage and move up. Once up, I can test it again and it moves down without issue. If I try to move it back up, it gets bound up right away. I'm sending the videos to Stern, as they did respond to my ticket. I'll report back once i hear from them.

Video 1

Video 2

#16590 3 months ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

After talking to some people that have had issues in the past, it gave me a better understanding of what is supposed to happen. I made two videos which show the behavior. The first one is on test mode and you can hear the motor working but there is no movement. I played around with it a bit and when I apply a little bit of a squeeze it seems to engage and move up. Once up, I can test it again and it moves down without issue. If I try to move it back up, it gets bound up right away. I'm sending the videos to Stern, as they did respond to my ticket. I'll report back once i hear from them.
Video 1
Video 2

Thank you for documenting this and please do follow up with the fix. I'm sure this will come in handy and helping anyone else who has the issue in the future.

#16591 3 months ago

Does someone else has an issue with the score of the player in game not being zoomed anymore after the update?
Sorry if it has already been adressed...

#16592 3 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

flipnoutpinball.com

Zac is in the running for the "Most sexualized pinball ad" TWIPY (Spinal Tap being the other one).
It's gonna be close.....
Bring home the gold Zac!!!

#16593 3 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Zac is in the running for the "Most sexualized pinball ad" TWIPY (Spinal Tap being the other one).
It's gonna be close.....
Bring home the gold Zac!!!

Let's wait and see what Kaneda has to offer before we get to ahead of ourselves here, don't ya think?

#16594 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Let's wait and see what Kaneda has to offer before we get to ahead of ourselves here, don't ya think?

And here I was under the impression that us old timers were in agreement not to bring that name up here

#16595 3 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

And here I was under the impression that us old timers were in agreement not to bring that name up here

It's a running joke at this point. lol

#16596 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t remember seeing this before. Brilliant! The simplest “fix the VUK” solution.

A very wise VUK fix. I did the one where you physically reposition the VUK itself. Fortunately it worked great, and mine shoots the standups reliably ever since.

#16597 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

A very wise VUK fix. I did the one where you physically reposition the VUK itself. Fortunately it worked great, and mine shoots the standups reliably ever since.

Just picked up LE # 392 from a friend and did this fix, works perfect now. I was spoiled, our prem was perfect from day 1. Now, I need to do the house diverter, is there a good video?

#16598 3 months ago

Ok when is Zach getting a ONLYFANS, Fuck Pinball lets see the good stuff.

#16599 3 months ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

Ok when is Zach getting a ONLYFANS, Fuck Pinball lets see the good stuff.

You know you are talking about his wife right? lol That is unless you wanted to see Zach naked?

#16600 3 months ago

BRK #118 is in the house.

IMG_1795 (resized).jpegIMG_1795 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
9,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
13,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
13,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/332?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.