IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 362.
#1601 4 years ago

Hi All,

Very addictive game and heaps of fun,

Have now joined the club LE 209 paid for and will pick up Wednesday.

Cheers for all the comments on the thread it has been very helpful in making my final decision

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Hi All,
Very addictive game and heaps of fun,
Have now joined the club LE 209 paid for and will pick up Wednesday.
Cheers for all the comments on the thread it has been very helpful in making my final decision

Welcome to the club!

#1603 4 years ago

150 million on ball one the other night, so much fun. really diggin the new dead heads. Santa Haunt is so hilarious, when that window lights up I get butterflies in my stomach.

my game looks incredible with the new mods, and covering up the red lamps a bit makes it easier on my eyes so I can play longer. really liking how Elvira turned out, very excited for what's to come.
04158d442bebe9141908bd454d20659bdeb63ebc (resized).jpg04158d442bebe9141908bd454d20659bdeb63ebc (resized).jpg

#1604 4 years ago

Mirror blades or art work?
I see all art work anybody see one with mirror blades

#1605 4 years ago

Elvira got all my twipy votes . Most people will say JP is the better game but if you break it down section by section , art package , theme integration , callouts , light show , rules, ect Elvira wins . Congratulations to all you lucky bastards that have one .

#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

After putting mirror blades on my GotG and ST, I will put them on everything. Had the LE not come with art blades, I would've put in mirrors.

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Elvira got all my twipy votes . Most people will say JP is the better game but if you break it down section by section , art package , theme integration , callouts , light show , rules, ect Elvira wins . Congratulations to all you lucky bastards that have one .

Sten's JP got a few of my votes. But, most went to Elvira for me. I'll tell you why. The backglass for Elvira is one of the best backglasses ever. True I'm not 100% jazzed on how they drew the mistress on the backglass, but the rest of it. The energy and framing of the image. How it incorporates all the important elements from the game into the backglass and the game is jammed pack. It took a lot of skill. Even the gargoyles that flying are in the backglass.

And I had to vote for Elvira's custom videos. As those are just to this date the most impressive feature ever in a pinball to date. Really makes it seem like we're watching her show.

But, I do think JP has better rules. As those rules are just amazing. Elivra's rules are not there yet. Maybe one day. But, the one thing I like about JP is the rules are deep, but simple, and easy to learn, and make sense. Just amazing rules.

I think best toy was a category. And I can't remember how I voted. Three amazing options for this year. Black Knight Toy, Elvira's House, and the T-rex head. I probably voted t-rex head, as I think that is the most amazing toy ever.
But, you really couldn't go wrong with either of those three. I mean any other year... Those could have been winners... But, also since Elvira's house isn't fully coded into the game yet... It doesn't spin for house party mode... So.. that is a bit of detraction.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

After putting mirror blades on my GotG and ST, I will put them on everything. Had the LE not come with art blades, I would've put in mirrors.

Mirrors in everying for me...including Elvira. Not everyone puts them in, but I've never heard any complaints about them being in a machine.

#1609 4 years ago

What protectors would anyone recommended for a premium? Stern shooter lane, etc.

#1610 4 years ago

Mirrors it is

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

We used to put mirrors in everything until art blades came along. Now it is mirrors in old games and art blades in new Sterns.

#1612 4 years ago

Mirrors in my game...

IMG_20191225_182002 (resized).jpgIMG_20191225_182002 (resized).jpg
#1613 4 years ago

New owner, happy.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the roof of the mansion start with the Elvira face facing forward? Getting tired of the eyeball.

Also does the audio for the bat attic multi ball not play for anyone? The audio for Elvira--got it and she is very clearly going through a monologue but no audio.

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

New owner, happy.
Does anyone know if it's possible to have the roof of the mansion start with the Elvira face facing forward? Getting tired of the eyeball.
Also does the audio for the bat attic multi ball not play for anyone? The audio for Elvira--got it and she is very clearly going through a monologue but no audio.

No. With future code, the turret will rotate according to mode. The eyeball will light when Attic Party Multiball is ready.
No. There is not sound for either Attic Attack Multiball or Attic Party Multiball.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No. With future code, the turret will rotate according to mode. The eyeball will light when Attic Party Multiball is ready.
No. There is not sound for either Attic Attack Multiball or Attic Party Multiball.

Stay tuned ! New code will rectify the above mentioned issues plus add in many new features .

#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Stay tuned ! New code will rectify the above mentioned issues plus add in many new features .

Inside infos?

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Quoted from Peanuts:

Inside infos?

Yeah. You have inside info on the next release?

It's been one month since the last update which, I think, is the longest we've gone between updates since launch. I'm hoping the next update is amazing! I love it!

#1618 4 years ago

Also asking for basic troubleshooting. Have a buzzing noise coming from what I believe is the motherboard area behind the back glass.

After searching for some help, I found a thread on pinside for older stern machines saying it could be the sound board/connections to the speakers.

I'm not sure that's the case for me. I opened the back glass and checked cables were plugged in correctly and found that my untrained trouble shooting "workaround" is currently open and close the coin door. Doesn't always work but doing it multiple times will do the trick. The sound also generally goes away within a few minutes, whether I'm playing or not.

Any and all help appreciated.

#1619 4 years ago

New code would be cool after a month. More pleasure!

#1620 4 years ago

LOL...I had to explain to the league players last night about the importance of getting it in the back door on the first plunge. Most people laughed, but there are always one or two with pursed lips. I honestly don't know how they handle it when they have to play my Rob Zombie in league. :p

#1621 4 years ago

I cat make the backdoor skill shot is there a piece that some have added to correct this?

Thanks

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I cat make the backdoor skill shot is there a piece that some have added to correct this?
Thanks

That's right, but the kit is out of stock at Stern. I wait for it for 40 days.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks

The metal piece helps but isn’t required. If the right side rear is high the shot is impossible to make. You need to side to side level the game from the playfield. Get a digital level and place it on the playfield in front of the house. I bet your right side is high. Once corrected the shot is possible. This game is very picky when it come to the level and pitch.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

Also asking for basic troubleshooting. Have a buzzing noise coming from what I believe is the motherboard area behind the back glass.
After searching for some help, I found a thread on pinside for older stern machines saying it could be the sound board/connections to the speakers.
I'm not sure that's the case for me. I opened the back glass and checked cables were plugged in correctly and found that my untrained trouble shooting "workaround" is currently open and close the coin door. Doesn't always work but doing it multiple times will do the trick. The sound also generally goes away within a few minutes, whether I'm playing or not.

Out of curiosity could it be the fan on the power supply you're hearing?

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The metal piece helps but isn’t required. If the right side rear is high the shot is impossible to make. You need to side to side level the game from the playfield. Get a digital level and place it on the playfield in front of the house. I bet your right side is high. Once corrected the shot is possible. This game is very picky when it come to the level and pitch.

Completely agree. My right side was high and didn't hit it once in 50 games. Re-leveled and hit it twice in the next game.

#1626 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Is this metal piece included on the later run games, like the premiums or is it hit or miss on having on the game?

#1627 4 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Is this metal piece included on the later run games, like the premiums or is it hit or miss on having on the game?

I think that most of the premiums have it.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Really, how much does it cost.
I don't mind waiting. But, I'd like to get on the wait list or order it and wait... Never heard of that kit, and tired of never making that shot...
I'll try to level my game... But, I checked and its pretty dang level... But, Carpet... And it can shift.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Out of curiosity could it be the fan on the power supply you're hearing?

It might be. If it is do I need to do something to tend to it/fix it?

#1630 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

It might be. If it is do I need to do something to tend to it/fix it?

No there is a thread about changing over the fan to a quieter one if this bothers you.

#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Really, how much does it cost.
I don't mind waiting. But, I'd like to get on the wait list or order it and wait... Never heard of that kit, and tired of never making that shot...
I'll try to level my game... But, I checked and its pretty dang level... But, Carpet... And it can shift.

Could someone post a picture of a game with the correct part.I am sure it’s here somewhere but I can’t find it,
Thanks

#1632 4 years ago

LE#082 signing in from Belgium.

Instant crush on this beautiful game. It's a piece of art!

Greetings to all PinSiders and Flipperforum.be members.

Cheers, Stan

elvira_LE_82 (resized).jpgelvira_LE_82 (resized).jpg
#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

My machine has a buzz. It sounds like something vibrating near right flipper button area. ??

#1634 4 years ago

Can the crypt be adjusted so it closes more ,I know there are optos in there and I have had no luck

31DB2777-CAE1-45A1-A942-FA1B8E703FC7 (resized).jpeg31DB2777-CAE1-45A1-A942-FA1B8E703FC7 (resized).jpeg
#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Can the crypt be adjusted so it closes more ,I know there are optos in there and I have had no luck[quoted image]

I think mine is a little tighter than yours, but I believe someone (posted way earlier in the thread) contacted Stern and was told that's pretty much just the way it is. Honestly, although I thought it odd at first, it doesn't really bother me. The thing works.

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Could someone post a picture of a game with the correct part.I am sure it’s here somewhere but I can’t find it,
Thanks

89653E74-03E7-40BF-BA88-4B1A6DF1BC22 (resized).jpeg89653E74-03E7-40BF-BA88-4B1A6DF1BC22 (resized).jpeg
#1637 4 years ago

Are the gargoyle movement and scoring not fired from the same switch? I'm having a gargoyle fire but not score or light the letter.

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Are the gargoyle movement and scoring not fired from the same switch? I'm having a gargoyle fire but not score or light the letter.

the movement is a result of kinetic energy, not from the triggering of a coil. You may just need to adjust the switch (which controls the scoring and insert light) that sits behind the gargoyle target

#1639 4 years ago

Just saw that. Man takes a lot of force to get that switch leaf moved back! Had to set it super close.

Next up... my ramp has the right spacer and is still lifting the gargoyle

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

My machine has a buzz. It sounds like something vibrating near right flipper button area. ??

My sound comes directly from behind the back glass. Was going and I was able to hold my ear near the area to ID specifically where it came from.

If that's just how the fan is, no issue. Not like I care much if I just turn the volume up a little.

#1641 4 years ago

How is double trouble currently qualified? Didn't see it in the rule sheet.

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How is double trouble currently qualified? Didn't see it in the rule sheet.

complete both 3 bank sets of stand ups

#1643 4 years ago

How do you activate the dead hand ball save? The video is a zombie arm coming up from a grave in front of a tombstone to catch a ball.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from benjoewoo:

How do you activate the dead hand ball save? The video is a zombie arm coming up from a grave in front of a tombstone to catch a ball.

I thought I had "The Dead Return" figured out, but it's lighting at times I don't expect. I still think it has something to do with one of the three-banks, but am not sure. Has anyone come up with a definitive answer?

#1645 4 years ago

Think it activates after banishing a Dead head.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Think it activates after banishing a Dead head.

That is a distinct possibility. I know I've had it light without completing the three-banks. Ever since the extra ball for vanquishing two Dead Heads got added, I have been going for the first right away. I bet you're right!

#1647 4 years ago

maybe found a small bug. I had the return insert lit on the right outlane, went into junk in the trunk mb with the ball save between the flippers flashing, ball goes into the right outlane and the ball return insert light in the right outlane goes out so I basically lost that ball return. I would think you should keep that ball return when the ball save light between the flippers is flashing.

#1648 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

maybe found a small bug. I had the return insert lit on the right outlane, went into junk in the trunk mb with the ball save between the flippers flashing, ball goes into the right outlane and the ball return insert light in the right outlane goes out so I basically lost that ball return. I would think you should keep that ball return when the ball save light between the flippers is flashing.

I don't think they're close to done coding that yet.
It goes dead after the ball ends even if its not used. During the mb ball save it gets used up. And I would think or hope that the reward for a vanquish will eventually carry over after the ball ends.

No reason for it to disappear, you worked hard for it, should be punished by a SDTM. Also the same thing is true for hand of fate. I don't think a ball end should wipe these rewards out. Keep them lit until claimed. It makes hand of fate a bit harder to claim.

At least that's how I would prefer it. Or maybe for tournament players or directors put it in the settings for them to change or alter if a ball drain kills them.
That would be fair.

#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I don't think they're close to done coding that yet.
It goes dead after the ball ends even if its not used. During the mb ball save it gets used up. And I would think or hope that the reward for a vanquish will eventually carry over after the ball ends.
No reason for it to disappear, you worked hard for it, should be punished by a SDTM. Also the same thing is true for hand of fate. I don't think a ball end should wipe these rewards out. Keep them lit until claimed. It makes hand of fate a bit harder to claim.
At least that's how I would prefer it. Or maybe for tournament players or directors put it in the settings for them to change or alter if a ball drain kills them.
That would be fair.

You can change the settings to allow The Hand of Fate, The Dead Return and Double Trouble to carry over from ball to ball. I believe it was in the last update.

Quoted from Lermods:

I submitted that as a bug prior to the last release. Hopefully it will make it into the next release. The Dead Return should not be used when the ball save is active.

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I thought I had "The Dead Return" figured out, but it's lighting at times I don't expect. I still think it has something to do with one of the three-banks, but am not sure. Has anyone come up with a definitive answer?

Defeat a Dead Head and it will light.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.