IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 362.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Lucky you found the ball easily. We have not had ome stuck ball yet. Great game and we are looking forward to more code updates.

That, so far, is my only stuck ball. I've had a couple stalled balls, but nothing that required removing the glass until today. It's a great game.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think the 0.89 code messed up the unhappy hour. The pop bumpers are now scoring really big points meant for the ramps. I got 19 billion on my first ball.

Are you sure there isn't a ramp opto misbehaving?

#1503 4 years ago

I just noticed something. Is anyone else not able to complete Manos: THOF? I just noticed that the completion shot never lit. It's like "The Manster" was in earlier code. Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing before I send it in. Thanks!

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah, same thing happened to a machine in town. They had a ramp opto that fell out of alignment and was racking up huge scores in happy hour.

I think SKWilson is most likely correct because if it were something else a lot of people would have noticed.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It happened after I updated but then I turned the game off and on again and the problem went away.

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I just noticed something. Is anyone else not able to complete Manos: THOF? I just noticed that the completion shot never lit. It's like "The Manster" was in earlier code. Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed the same thing before I send it in. Thanks!

Don’t you need to make the cellar shot at some point? From memory if you don’t, other shots remain lit but you can’t complete the mode

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Completed that mode plenty of times on current code. It takes a lot of shots, possibly the most of any of the modes, but it’s completable.

#1508 4 years ago

Took a gamble and ordered the side armor for Munsters! They look awesome!!!!

86596555-51E8-497F-8083-DD8A9A166A32 (resized).jpeg86596555-51E8-497F-8083-DD8A9A166A32 (resized).jpeg
#1509 4 years ago

Family has been playing Elvira for 2 days now, super fun pin. This has a lot of great stuff in it, a real sleeper of a pin for stern. One of the better ones they've recently made, better than JP2 in my opinion.

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Took a gamble and ordered the side armor for Munsters! They look awesome!!!![quoted image]

That looks pretty darn good!

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Family has been playing Elvira for 2 days now, super fun pin. This has a lot of great stuff in it, a real sleeper of a pin for stern. One of the better ones they've recently made, better than JP2 in my opinion.

No you are gonna miss JP2. Elvira is great fun but not on the same level as JP Honda.

Elvira is a fun flipper with cool modes and video, JP has got it all. Best since TWD

#1512 4 years ago

Someone calculate the odds of this...ball stuck perfectly on top of the gargoyle. No cheating, regular novice player. Unreal!

6A110452-69E5-49FF-BAF1-06882B9B4B4E (resized).jpeg6A110452-69E5-49FF-BAF1-06882B9B4B4E (resized).jpeg
#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Someone calculate the odds of this...ball stuck perfectly on top of the gargoyle. No cheating, regular novice player. Unreal![quoted image]

It should grant a skill shot!

#1514 4 years ago

Add some trees and other Custom made mods today.

2D08D8C9-7017-478B-87BA-5A8E759DFA0D (resized).jpeg2D08D8C9-7017-478B-87BA-5A8E759DFA0D (resized).jpeg343D1827-CDB1-4734-8D49-58D006BEE97F (resized).jpeg343D1827-CDB1-4734-8D49-58D006BEE97F (resized).jpeg4A68BB20-CB40-408D-BA34-0A86B543250C (resized).jpeg4A68BB20-CB40-408D-BA34-0A86B543250C (resized).jpeg5642C8AE-3E8E-44E4-B41B-4226DA82959C (resized).jpeg5642C8AE-3E8E-44E4-B41B-4226DA82959C (resized).jpeg5F328C0E-3B7F-4C32-90CD-F36671E8DF53 (resized).jpeg5F328C0E-3B7F-4C32-90CD-F36671E8DF53 (resized).jpeg9FC95736-30C6-482F-AF89-2AB46492FB2F (resized).jpeg9FC95736-30C6-482F-AF89-2AB46492FB2F (resized).jpegC4DD8FBA-5F0C-438F-B48C-F91011DCE314 (resized).jpegC4DD8FBA-5F0C-438F-B48C-F91011DCE314 (resized).jpegE99BF626-17E4-40C1-8D9A-2B4769F4D267 (resized).jpegE99BF626-17E4-40C1-8D9A-2B4769F4D267 (resized).jpeg
#1515 4 years ago

Hooked up a pinnovators PINsub kit to my Elvira, first time I’ve used one of their products. I typically hook my games up to Polk subs using alligator clips from the cabinet speaker terminals. What a significant difference the pinnovators product makes. The bass is much cleaner and deeper. Install was literally 2 mins. Plug the product into the spike board, run the cable to the sub. I’m going to be switching all my games over to their products, including getting a couple of their pin mixers, which allows four games hooked to one sub.

#1516 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Someone calculate the odds of this...ball stuck perfectly on top of the gargoyle. No cheating, regular novice player. Unreal!

Haha, I was getting ready to post this and saw your post. This happened to me at the end of a game last week:

IMG_20191230_173831599 (resized).jpgIMG_20191230_173831599 (resized).jpg
#1517 4 years ago

Then this is not the end of your game . Look what it says under the balls...

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hooked up a pinnovators PINsub kit to my Elvira, first time I’ve used one of their products. I typically hook my games up to Polk subs using alligator clips from the cabinet speaker terminals. What a significant difference the pinnovators product makes. The bass is much cleaner and deeper. Install was literally 2 mins. Plug the product into the spike board, run the cable to the sub. I’m going to be switching all my games over to their products, including getting a couple of their pin mixers, which allows four games hooked to one sub.

Ok well now I have to try one. But right now their site is failing checkout with Apple Pay for some reason so I’ll try later!

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Completed that mode plenty of times on current code. It takes a lot of shots, possibly the most of any of the modes, but it’s completable.

It is now completable. But, I too think I completed the mode one time in a recent game and never got the credit for it... Now I did run right out of time right when I made the last shot. But, it should have fallen within the grace period as the timer just hit 0. So I think there could still be some weird bugs in the Manster code that could stop you from completing it.
But, mostly its yes. You can complete it now. As I've done so as well. My favorite mode to complete I think is Manos and Werewolf of Washington as I think those might be the hardest two to complete. I think I've only completed manos about 3-4 times and the werewolf maybe 6 times. Just wonder if there is a good way to complete werewolf.

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Add some trees and other Custom made mods today.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like most of these mods. Where did you get them?

#1521 4 years ago

Ok, so you know that pesky VUK launch right down the left outlane problem? I'm sure you do! Well, I figured out what to do about it! The nylon part of the plunger is FLAT on the end which makes getting a straight, consistently centered hit on the ball nearly impossible. Non-centered hits cause the ball to hit the sides of the VUK bracket in all sorts of random ways on the way up. So, if you look at most other VUK plungers, they have a little "dish" in the end that fits the ball perfectly, meaning it would be easy to balance a ball without a problem on the end and it causes the ball to basically self center when it's struck by the plunger. Stern's plunger needs this to center the ball and perform properly.
If I had another VUK plunger of the same size with the "dish" I would have replaced Stern's with that, but since I didn't.... I took the bracket holding the coil and plunger assembly off (5 screws - easy) and unplugged the coil. Then I put an old pinball in a vise and used a propane torch to heat it up to a fairly high temperature. Once hot, I carefully pressed the end of the plunger on the ball and it melted the "dish" into the end. To test, I simply balanced the ball on the end and it stayed perfectly centered.
I then put all the parts back and tested. 100% perfect! I lowered the power to about 200 cause it was slamming into the targets pretty hard. I have played a bunch of games since and no more outlane launches or getting pissed off cause it happened during a great scoring game

Have fun!

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Ok, so you know that pesky VUK launch right down the left outlane problem? I'm sure you do! Well, I figured out what to do about it! The nylon part of the plunger is FLAT on the end which makes getting a straight, consistently centered hit on the ball nearly impossible. Non-centered hits cause the ball to hit the sides of the VUK bracket in all sorts of random ways on the way up. So, if you look at most other VUK plungers, they have a little "dish" in the end that fits the ball perfectly, meaning it would be easy to balance a ball without a problem on the end and it causes the ball to basically self center when it's struck by the plunger. Stern's plunger needs this to center the ball and perform properly.
If I had another VUK plunger of the same size with the "dish" I would have replaced Stern's with that, but since I didn't.... I took the bracket holding the coil and plunger assembly off (5 screws - easy) and unplugged the coil. Then I put an old pinball in a vise and used a propane torch to heat it up to a fairly high temperature. Once hot, I carefully pressed the end of the plunger on the ball and it melted the "dish" into the end. To test, I simply balanced the ball on the end and it stayed perfectly centered.
I then put all the parts back and tested. 100% perfect! I lowered the power to about 200 cause it was slamming into the targets pretty hard. I have played a bunch of games since and no more outlane launches or getting pissed off cause it happened during a great scoring game
Have fun!

Simple!!!!

Seriously congrats on your fix. I don't think I will be doing that fix. Too complicated, and I don't have the blow torch. But, really clever thinking. Nicely done!

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Simple!!!!
Seriously congrats on your fix. I don't think I will be doing that fix. Too complicated, and I don't have the blow torch. But, really clever thinking. Nicely done!

Yeah, I’m in the same camp. I would however pay you for a proper plunger .

#1524 4 years ago

Why doesn’t Lyman just do the right thing and add a super short ball save for kick outs from the VUK and make it a feature you can turn on and off. Pretty basic really

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where do you get the kit?

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Where do you get the kit?

Direct from pinnovators

#1527 4 years ago

Alright guys. Here is my custom Apron card.
I didn't make a rules card. Because quite frankly there are so many rules for this game. I think the default rules card is just fine.

If it was a simpler game sure. But, too much text.

I did anger my artist who I am getting to do a drawn version of this card. But, she will draw this for me later today or tomorrow when she forgives me... Anyway... This is really basic. But, I think basic is good.
And so there probably will be two versions of this card. A drawn version and this version.
I think its good. Was thinking about maybe a deadhead or two in the background behind her head. But, I got no good reference images for those. And besides. Its a small card. So simple is best.
Hope you guys enjoy it. And if anyone does use it. Just snap a pic and let me see how it looks. Measurements should be good.

Edit... I edited the image and reuploaded it. I didn't like that the text. It was a bit rough and so I smoothed the edges of it out a good bit. Looks better now... Probably would have printed fine for most people. But, should print and look just a smidge better.

elvira card copy redo (resized).pngelvira card copy redo (resized).png
#1528 4 years ago

Single drop Cliffy protector on the Crypt entrance perfectly fits:
20200105_215532 (resized).jpg20200105_215532 (resized).jpg

#1529 4 years ago

Alright... I wasn't too happy with that last one.
I made another tweak to it. I added a border and I fixed the text again. Its more vibrant and just pops better now.

I did think about adding some text to denote 3 ball play or free play...
I thought about calling free play "Scream Play".
But, then again... No... Didn't like how it looked.
I'm not a graphic designer. I'm rubbish at fonts and stuff like that. I write and make layouts, and so graphic design is not my forte.

But, this is looking nice.
Also, the other version should be done soon. The artist is talking to me again. YEA!!!!!! She gets upset at me sometimes and is like. I'm outta here! But, she's back now.
elvira card border (resized).pngelvira card border (resized).png

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

Is that a stock Cliffy or a special one for Elvira?

#1531 4 years ago

More information and photos in the Mod Thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods#post-5396737

Note: Blue casket and gargoyle wall in a couple shots of the video are an earlier prototype (noticeable gap between them doesn't exist in the production version, and the casket mech function was tightened up).

Mechanical casket, Gargoyle Crypt Eject cover, Gonk's Dog House, 3D cleavage pop bumpers, and 2 pieces of grassy covers for the front flashers.

Special thanks to my friend Matt ("hbagz" here) for use of his Elvira so that these mods could exist
20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg20200104_2317262 (resized).jpg

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is that a stock Cliffy or a special one for Elvira?

It's a stock Cliffy.

#1533 4 years ago

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the ball launch/plunge not traveling smoothly to the upper orbit? It seems as though it is hitting something most of the time when I plunge the ball so that it often slows down and goes into the pop lanes.
Seems like it may be hitting something or something is out of alignment. Any ideas?

Thanks

#1534 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Has anyone else experienced a problem with the ball launch/plunge not traveling smoothly to the upper orbit? It seems as though it is hitting something most of the time when I plunge the ball so that it often slows down and goes into the pop lanes.
Seems like it may be hitting something or something is out of alignment. Any ideas?
Thanks

Mine is not always smooth. Maybe check alignment how the ball is being struck by the plunger and autoplunger.

#1535 4 years ago

New batch of crypt signs now ready, but half are gone so 5 currently left. Should have more in another week. Those waiting for their orders will get tracking tomorrow.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

#1536 4 years ago

Same here on plunge. 2 things I noticed. 1) make sure the wiring from the red flasher on ramp is not extending at all into the ball path of shooter lane. Mine was a little sloppy out of the box and I needed to bend the wiring out of the way / adjust a wire tie.
2) there just seems to be a slight alignment weirdness with the metal insert in the shooter lane. Where the fork section of it begins, it seems slightly askew to the left in the lane. But based on how the other end of it lines up against the ball guide, there’s no other adjusting that could’ve been done. Just the way it is.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Same here on plunge. 2 things I noticed. 1) make sure the wiring from the red flasher on ramp is not extending at all into the ball path of shooter lane. Mine was a little sloppy out of the box and I needed to bend the wiring out of the way / adjust a wire tie.
2) there just seems to be a slight alignment weirdness with the metal insert in the shooter lane. Where the fork section of it begins, it seems slightly askew to the left in the lane. But based on how the other end of it lines up against the ball guide, there’s no other adjusting that could’ve been done. Just the way it is.

Yep - check that wire tie. The little nub on the wire tie might be protruding just a little bit at the edge of the ball path. First thing to check.

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

which cliffy is this? want to make sure i understand which was used. is this specific for 3lvira?

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

which cliffy is this? want to make sure i understand which was used. is this specific for 3lvira?

It's a standard Cliffy single drop protector:

20200108_075804 (resized).jpg20200108_075804 (resized).jpg
#1540 4 years ago

where's the shooter knob at?? I remember seeing a picture of it a while back...

#1541 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

where's the shooter knob at?? I remember seeing a picture of it a while back...

The clown's head shooter knob (shown with the topper) looked to be more suited to Cosmic Carnival than Elvira's House of Horrors.

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The clown's head shooter knob (shown with the topper) looked to be more suited to Cosmic Carnival than Elvira's House of Horrors.

think that clown is gonna be one of the deadheads...

I like it either way.

#1543 4 years ago

think that clown is gonna be one of the deadheads...
I like it either way.

The shooter knob is the head of "Creepo the clown", one of the deadheads, also seen in the car in the "Drive me crazy" event and on the playfield, in the orbits.

#1544 4 years ago

I think that clown is gonna be one of the deadheads. I like it either way.

Quoted from Peanuts:

The shooter knob is the head of "Creepo the clown", one of the deadheads, also seen in the car in the "Drive me crazy" event and on the playfield, in the orbits.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just don't like clowns in general, so I probably won't buy it.

#1545 4 years ago

Elvira LE #98
Second day of owning and having a great time.
Looking forward to updates to make use of the shaker-motor.
So far never felt it go off except for a split second just Once.

??

It does work for test in service menu.
I guess just no code to make use of it? That's so lame!

#1547 4 years ago

Of course does not look so, "Purple" and neon in person. Camera just makes it look weird.

#1548 4 years ago

Maybe this has already happend to somebody but I cannot find it here. When you shoot the lock 1 and 2, the ball is hold for a moment by a popper or until you get lock 2. Suddenly this isn't working anymore... So no more multibalk or whatever there. I checked it and the plastic white 'popper' was stuck. So I moved it a bit and it was back ok and sliding in the coil. But now it will be stuck again I think. Weird because it is all new?

#1549 4 years ago

reboot machine with all balls in trough and see what happens

This is for the lock on the left side of house?

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

reboot machine with all balls in trough and see what happens
This is for the lock on the left side of house?

The ramp also didn't lower, so we reboot. All ok with the ramp, but the popper will be something mechanic...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/31?hl=jsampel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.