IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
Before and after (resized).jpg
20240210_111730 (resized).jpg
1 Before (resized).jpg
2 After (resized).jpg
IMG_8244 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8245 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 357.
#15701 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How did you move the subway? There are a lot of screws holding it on. Did you drill a lot of the holes? My subway just barely overlaps the vuk hole, but the drill fix i did seems to have done the trick.

Just unscrew a few of them and rework them I to the playfield in a different spot. This is THE fix for the vuk issue. You literally don't need anything else. Mine hits the top target 95% of the time, the other 5% either hits the middle target or goes just a little too high above the top. Never got a single solitary dribble since. Not one.

#15702 5 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Just unscrew a few of them and rework them I to the playfield in a different spot. This is THE fix for the vuk issue. You literally don't need anything else. Mine hits the top target 95% of the time, the other 5% either hits the middle target or goes just a little too high above the top. Never got a single solitary dribble since. Not one.

Agree with this. They are all self-tapping screws so no need to drill anything. Just realize you might want to push it a *tad* further than perfect as it will be fighting to go back the way it was over time.

#15703 5 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is the ball supposed to hit the top target every time? Mine hits middle or lower mostly, but it now comes out stronger and shoots across the playfield

#15704 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Is the ball supposed to hit the top target every time? Mine hits middle or lower mostly, but it now comes out stronger and shoots across the playfield

I am sure I could adjust the power to make it hit lower, but I am so thrilled with the consistency (like most, my vuk was mystery garbage), that I just left it like that.

#15705 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How did you move the subway? There are a lot of screws holding it on. Did you drill a lot of the holes? My subway just barely overlaps the vuk hole, but the drill fix i did seems to have done the trick.

I only had to move it about 1/8 inch. I moved the last 3screws over a little bit. I didn't drill, just self tapped them.

#15706 5 months ago

Another vote for moving the subway just a tad. Had a few pinball tweaks to make today to my machines and finally decided to stop being lazy and remove the coil and try to adjust the subway. Removed the 3 screws, slid it over just a tiny bit and now the crypt vuk hits between the top and middle target every single time now.

#15707 5 months ago

I don't really know whats up with my luck, I just still can never get phone a fiend started

#15708 5 months ago

Hey friends! I am going to start looking at an Elvira premium with a weird issue this week. During multi ball if you hit the lock shot again the flippers die for a second. I've searched this thread and have not seen a similar issue. Sounds like node board shenanigans so I will go over those connections carefully. I think they are running current code. Any other ideas? I will update after I get to look at the machine. Thanks!

#15709 5 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

On to the next issue I need to tackle, which is the Cellar kickout shot it barely touches the right flipper tip and I would say 30% of the time SDTM.
I haven't found a great post outlying what I need to do to adjust this other then taking off the house and re-adjusting it, but re-adjust what?
When I test it I can't really get it to replicate going SDTM, which is weird but it's barely touching that right flipper tip.

Bump still looking for a cellar kickout adjustment going SDTM.

#15710 5 months ago
Quoted from supermoot:

Hey friends! I am going to start looking at an Elvira premium with a weird issue this week. During multi ball if you hit the lock shot again the flippers die for a second. I've searched this thread and have not seen a similar issue. Sounds like node board shenanigans so I will go over those connections carefully. I think they are running current code. Any other ideas? I will update after I get to look at the machine. Thanks!

You talking about the trunk lock or the garage lock? Or either one? That is quite odd.

#15711 5 months ago

Back in the club.

20230918_124714 (resized).jpg20230918_124714 (resized).jpg
#15712 5 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Bump still looking for a cellar kickout adjustment going SDTM.

By cellar kickout, you mean when it rolls out from under the house ramp? Or the eject from the back of the house that comes down the left orbit?

#15713 5 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

You talking about the trunk lock or the garage lock? Or either one? That is quite odd.

Garage.

#15714 5 months ago

By cellar kickout, you mean when it rolls out from under the house ramp? Or the eject from the back of the house that comes down the left orbit?

When it shoots it back out via the cellar shot so ramp is up you shoot it in there then it shoots/kicks it back out down the middle of the playfield toward your flippers it goes SDTM pretty much 30-50% of the time especially when I have a good game going, ha.

#15715 5 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

When it shoots it back out via the cellar shot so ramp is up you shoot it in there then it shoots/kicks it back out down the middle of the playfield toward your flippers it goes SDTM pretty much 30-50% of the time especially when I have a good game going, ha.

Obvious question: Have you checked that the game is level left to right?

#15716 5 months ago

I'm not sure where I'd start on that problem. You may be onto something with the node boards. Beyond that, you may need to remove the house, and inspect the area very closely. I've not seen anyone having an issue quite like that in any of the Stern threads.

Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Yeah, that would definitely be frustrating. Mine doesn't do that, so there must be an adjustment you can do. Maybe a lane guide under the house? I'm not sure exactly what's under there as I've never removed mine.

#15717 5 months ago

Was lucky enough to get to Wild Market Value. The Tilt Forums rules are currently incorrect, you do not have to start Attic Attack or Phone a Fiend to get there in the current rules list. Posted a comment on there letting them know.

#15718 5 months ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Obvious question: Have you checked that the game is level left to right?

I use a pinball leveler on my phone so it uses a gyro and the left to right is dialed in not saying that is perfect, but I've checked this at least 4 times and zero'ed it out a few times. I also use it on my GZ and JP with no issues on any of my other shots/pitch, etc.

I check the flippers and just above mid playfield on all of mine.

There are guides in there I guess, but the ball doesn't touch either side just comes out pretty straight and continues STDM, lol.

I've looked in there and without taking everything off(I'm afraid I don't wanna screw something else up) no ideas on what needs adjusted.

#15719 5 months ago

Love this game, one of my favorites. But....

So many pinsiders say it open, long shots, too easy etc.

Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty drainy, never on the let or right, always down the middle? Yes the shots are open, but if you miss by even the tiniest of margins its an unsavable rocket down the middle.

#15720 5 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Love this game, one of my favorites. But....
So many pinsiders say it open, long shots, too easy etc.
Am I the only one who thinks it's pretty drainy, never on the let or right, always down the middle? Yes the shots are open, but if you miss by even the tiniest of margins its an unsavable rocket down the middle.

Game is super drainy. Any of the three ramp shots if you don't make it will many times return sdtm. You got to really fight the game and nudge it alot more than most I find. Also find the outlanes crazy hungry as the design of them is so wide and open, and the way they are angled makes them perfect at deflecting balls down the outlanes.

It's a game with simple straightforward rules, but it's layout makes it a very tough game. Everyone who plays at my house says Elvira is the hardest game cause of how much it drains.

#15721 5 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I use a pinball leveler on my phone so it uses a gyro and the left to right is dialed in not saying that is perfect, but I've checked this at least 4 times and zero'ed it out a few times.

I had the same problem on my machine from the last build. I also had tried some phone apps and the torpedo bubble level. I removed the house and the scoop underneath and installed a couple washers to try and change the trajectory of the ball when it popped out. Tried setting the coil power and testing by a single point each time until it wouldn't kick out anymore.

Nothing worked until I used a digital level. I bought the GemRed 82412 Mini Digital Level and found that I was roughly half a degree off when measured as near to the house as possible. Between the flippers was near perfect already. Leveled it within .1 degrees and 100% of the shots from the cellar hit the right flipper.

This game seems more sensitive to level and pitch than most others...probably because of the wide open playfield. The regular bubble level has been fine with all the other games I've owned.

#15722 5 months ago
Quoted from JJJJJS:

Nothing worked until I used a digital level.

This is way. For $30 Amazon will have it on your porch within 48 hrs. I have this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-935DAG-Electronic-Measures/dp/B07ZWW3BW5/ref=asc_df_B07ZWW3BW5/

Yes your phone is handy. But its not accurate. For anything.

Take the glass off and put the level directly on the playfield.

Do not be surprised by different readings. All wood playfields have some warping, or inserts that have some lifting. You will likely get slightly different readings as you move the level around the playfield. That's no problem. Just measure in sevaral places and tweak the levelors to taste for both L-R and pitch.
And for sure, be careful to keep the level perpendicular to the direction your are measuring. Slightly off horizontal will return incorrect readings.

#15723 5 months ago
Quoted from BFaster:

This is way. For $30 Amazon will have it on your porch within 48 hrs. I have this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-935DAG-Electronic-Measures/dp/B07ZWW3BW5/ref=asc_df_B07ZWW3BW5/
Yes your phone is handy. But its not accurate. For anything.
Take the glass off and put the level directly on the playfield.
Do not be surprised by different readings. All wood playfields have some warping, or inserts that have some lifting. You will likely get slightly different readings as you move the level around the playfield. That's no problem. Just measure in sevaral places and tweak the levelors to taste for both L-R and pitch.
And for sure, be careful to keep the level perpendicular to the direction your are measuring. Slightly off horizontal will return incorrect readings.

That's the one I use as well and it works great. If you don't want to wait for amazon delivery you can usually fund them at lowes for the same price. One of the few battery powered items I've bought that actually comes with the batteries. Plus it alao ncludes a nice fabric case.

#15724 5 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Game is super drainy. Any of the three ramp shots if you don't make it will many times return sdtm. You got to really fight the game and nudge it alot more than most I find. Also find the outlanes crazy hungry as the design of them is so wide and open, and the way they are angled makes them perfect at deflecting balls down the outlanes.
It's a game with simple straightforward rules, but it's layout makes it a very tough game. Everyone who plays at my house says Elvira is the hardest game cause of how much it drains.

I agree. It's not a very forgiving game. If you miss a shot you better be ready the nudge, because most likey it's headed SDTM or over to the ball guzzling outlanes. Gotta be a natural sharpshooter or in a zone to get far in this game. I can't tell you how many times I've drained on Gappa just because I was off a tad on one shot. I have a love/hate relationship with Elvira.

#15725 5 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I agree. It's not a very forgiving game. If you miss a shot you better be ready the nudge, because most likey it's headed SDTM or over to the ball guzzling outlanes. Gotta be a natural sharpshooter or in a zone to get far in this game. I can't tell you how many times I've drained on Gappa just because I was off a tad on one shot. I have a love/hate relationship with Elvira.

As I've told others, it's also unforgiving in the ball save department compared to most modern games. The ball save timer is very short and doesn't have alot of the extra excuse clauses some games have which will keep feeding you balls upon drains. Game makes you actually complete mode content to earn new ball saves and also extra balls are not easy to come by. Most games nowadays just will grant you extra balls for essentially playing long enough or hitting certain targets enough, this game requires actually beating and achieving feature completes to earn those extra balls.

It's deceptively tough

#15726 5 months ago

For those who have slightly moved your subway to fix the VUK issue.

Do you widen the screw holes on the plastic subway and then just tighten it down to hold in place?

#15727 5 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

For those who have slightly moved your subway to fix the VUK issue.
Do you widen the screw holes on the plastic subway and then just tighten it down to hold in place?

That or make a new hole. Depending on how much you need to move it.

#15728 5 months ago

That or make a new hole. Depending on how much you need to move it.

I barely had to move mine and I feel better screwing them into a new spot rather than elongating the hole in the plastic and trying to tighten them down hard enough to hold the ramp and risk cracking the plastic.

#15729 5 months ago

During the second phase of Brain that wouldn’t t die, is it supposed to repeat the same scene of the the doctor being grabbed and screaming? Kind of funny but wondering if it has always been that way.

#15730 5 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

During the second phase of Brain that wouldn’t t die, is it supposed to repeat the same scene of the the doctor being grabbed and screaming? Kind of funny but wondering if it has always been that way.

Believe it's a bug that has never been fixed and probably wont be.

#15731 5 months ago

That's a shame. Hopefully someday it could be fixed but agree it's a long shot. It would be nice if there was something special if you sell the house. It is quite anti-climatic in it's current form. Even just a quick video of her congratulating you selling the house. Regardless, one of my favorite games!

#15732 5 months ago

Having issues with my Elvira machine. When in game play the ball has a hard time going up the main middle "house" ramp. wasn't like that before. I think something is jammed up . Has anyone else had this issue before? Is there a known fix? Thanks for your time Nick Jr..

#15733 5 months ago

Hi there
I have the crazy happy hour scoring bug.
It seems to be an issue with the right ramp opto. I'm pretty sure it has already been addressed here, but it's not in the key posts and i have not been able to locate it.
Someone remember the fix?
thanks

#15734 5 months ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Hi there
I have the crazy happy hour scoring bug.
It seems to be an issue with the right ramp opto. I'm pretty sure it has already been addressed here, but it's not in the key posts and i have not been able to locate it.
Someone remember the fix?
thanks

I loosened the screws a little on the bracket that the optos are connected to on the right ramp and it solved my issues. Some people drilled bigger holes in the side of the ramp to give it more clearance but I’m not that brave. Just loosen the screws and check in the switch test to see if it rapidly opens and closes and adjust as needed. I used a ball and really shot it up the right ramp with my hand to still see if it randomly fired.

#15735 5 months ago

I’m pretty sure my garage opto is dead. I reseated the plug on the actual opto board and the other end and it’s still not working. Any idea what part I need to replace?

#15736 5 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m pretty sure my garage opto is dead. I reseated the plug on the actual opto board and the other end and it’s still not working. Any idea what part I need to replace?

Use the front facing camera or tablet to see if the Tx opto is lit. Those cameras typically don't have an IR filter, so the Tx LED will be lit up like a firecracker. Check other opto's to see what a good Tx looks like.

That will help sort out if it's the Tx opto or Rx.

#15737 5 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Use the front facing camera or tablet to see if the Tx opto is lit. Those cameras typically don't have an IR filter, so the Tx LED will be lit up like a firecracker. Check other opto's to see what a good Tx looks like.
That will help sort out if it's the Tx opto or Rx.

What do you mean by Tx and Rx? Also not sure how I can get a camera back there.

#15738 5 months ago

To add clarification, I mean I think the opto that registers the garage drop target is dead. My drop target is always down and isn’t being registered in test when I move it manually up and down.

#15739 5 months ago

*duplicate post. Please ignore*

#15740 5 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

This is a known bug and I've reported it.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Believe it's a bug that has never been fixed and probably wont be.

Oh just have a bit of faith

Rob

#15741 5 months ago
Quoted from chewiec:

I loosened the screws a little on the bracket that the optos are connected to on the right ramp and it solved my issues. Some people drilled bigger holes in the side of the ramp to give it more clearance but I’m not that brave. Just loosen the screws and check in the switch test to see if it rapidly opens and closes and adjust as needed. I used a ball and really shot it up the right ramp with my hand to still see if it randomly fired.

Thanks, will try it

#15742 5 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

What do you mean by Tx and Rx? Also not sure how I can get a camera back there.

Tx = Transmitter, has the infrared (IR) LED on it that is always on.
Rx = Receiver, has the IR sensor.

#15743 5 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Tx = Transmitter, has the infrared (IR) LED on it that is always on.
Rx = Receiver, has the IR sensor.

Got it, thanks for the clarification. I think it’s the damn opto board since it’s the drop target opto.

#15744 5 months ago

Is there a better explanation for the haunts than the Tilt rulesheet anywhere? I'm trying to understand the number of shots needed changing. Thanks

#15745 5 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Is there a better explanation for the haunts than the Tilt rulesheet anywhere? I'm trying to understand the number of shots needed changing. Thanks

Could you be a little more specific about what you want to know? I will try to help.

#15746 5 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Could you be a little more specific about what you want to know? I will try to help.

I'm just trying to work out why sometimes the number of shots needed for mode completion is different or increases during the modes

#15747 5 months ago

Yea the tilt rules don't really break down well the shots that don't advance a haunt, it kind of just tells you the gist of the mode shots but there is some modes where you can keep the ball going and making extra points with optional bonus shots and such.

#15748 5 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

This is a known bug and I've reported it.

Oh just have a bit of faith
Rob

Well the bug has been around a really long time now, so yea I don't have much faith on them caring to fix it

#15749 5 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm just trying to work out why sometimes the number of shots needed for mode completion is different or increases during the modes

Different haunts require different numbers of shots. For most haunts the shot count is increased by 1 for each haunt already played. For example, if you play TFOS as your first haunt, you only need 3 shots before the cellar opens to advance. However, if you play it later, you need up to six shots before the cellar opens. TWoW is the only haunt I can think of where the number of shots needed increases during the haunt. Shooting the combos (white/blue arrows) is worth a ton of points, but adds to the shots required. On the other hand, shooting the blue arrows counts toward shots needed.

I hope that helps. If you have questions regarding specific haunts, let me know.

#15750 5 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Different haunts require different numbers of shots. For most haunts the shot count is increased by 1 for each haunt already played. For example, if you play TFOS as your first haunt, you only need 3 shots before the cellar opens to advance. However, if you play it later, you need up to six shots before the cellar opens. TWoW is the only haunt I can think of where the number of shots needed increases during the haunt. Shooting the combos (white/blue arrows) is worth a ton of points, but adds to the shots required. On the other hand, shooting the blue arrows counts toward shots needed.
I hope that helps. If you have questions regarding specific haunts, let me know.

Thank you! That’s really helpful, I didn’t realise the number of shots required depended on what you’ve done before. Things are starting to make more sense

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
13,500 (OBO)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,815 posts in this topic. You are on page 315 of 357.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/315?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.