IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 363.
#1451 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Unboxing Elvira with friends... Bummer, wouldn't start properly, so update done. Nothing... Game is bought here in Belgium with proper importer... What is going on?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks big time.. I had the same with my black knight. I guess we both bought from Carl Jabobs right? Turns out it the cpu thinks it’s operating under the wrong voltage and locks itself thinking its a grey import.
Great that stern implements a lock if they feel it’s needed , but I think it only frustrates buyers and distributors these days ..all other manufacturers run worldwide

My game cpu was replaced free of charge by Carl/Seeben but it took a few weeks .

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

That sucks big time.. I had the same with my black knight. I guess we both bought from Carl Jabobs right? Turns out it the cpu thinks it’s operating under the wrong voltage and locks itself thinking its a grey import.
Great that stern implements a lock if they feel it’s needed , but I think it only frustrates buyers and distributors these days ..all other manufacturers run worldwide
My game cpu was replaced free of charge by Carl/Seeben but it took a few weeks .

I had the exact same issue with my Metallica premium that I bought from our distributor in Australia
I got a replacement CPU, and problem solved

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Yep from Carl of course. I thought it would be a lock to avoid the black market guys... But it is legally imported, so... Bummer. Contacted Carl and said he had the same on a Black Knight ... It will be solved.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We have been working on a sign mod for the crypt. It's almost ready. Color in one of the pics is pinkish, it's just a test fit, it will match better as shown in other pics. Should be ready in a few days. Will look much better than the stock plastic. It will adhere to the plastic with backing tape so no need to remove the plastic and mess with the rivets.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful, a well integrated mod...it will look as it was put there by the factory...as all enhancements should.

#1455 4 years ago

I like it also but transport to Europe, Belgium... What's the shipping cost and I am afraid of the taxes here...

#1456 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue where there are two balls in the trunk and a third ball flies in from the side and impacts the two balls which causes one or both of the locked balls to pop out? I've seen this happen 2-3 times now. The code handles it, and doesn't end the ball, but it is certainly a bit unfair in a tournament scenario.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue where there are two balls in the trunk and a third ball flies in from the side and impacts the two balls which causes one or both of the locked balls to pop out? I've seen this happen 2-3 times now. The code handles it, and doesn't end the ball, but it is certainly a bit unfair in a tournament scenario.

There shouldn't be two balls in the trunk. First ball in the trunk is a lock. Second ball in the trunk starts multiball. What's going on that you have two balls in the trunk?

#1458 4 years ago

I like it also but transport to Europe, Belgium... What's the shipping cost and I am afraid of the taxes here...

Usually around $15. Our site should calculate it when you put your address in. Can’t help you with taxes, sorry.

#1459 4 years ago

I found these tombstones on Amazon.
I used them in a few places to conceal exposed screws and diffuse bulbs.

I think the set was about $15.

1DD45BC9-2A24-41E2-9D92-5091B901B0E3 (resized).jpeg1DD45BC9-2A24-41E2-9D92-5091B901B0E3 (resized).jpeg33847A8B-6C8D-4C0D-9E13-27F091771FF9 (resized).jpeg33847A8B-6C8D-4C0D-9E13-27F091771FF9 (resized).jpegA0E23E7F-0A9B-45A6-A7F0-46355BD6F53D (resized).jpegA0E23E7F-0A9B-45A6-A7F0-46355BD6F53D (resized).jpegB54C72E7-2227-4E17-8677-04BE9BBD0EF0 (resized).jpegB54C72E7-2227-4E17-8677-04BE9BBD0EF0 (resized).jpeg
#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I found these tombstones on Amazon.
I used them in a few places to conceal exposed screws and diffuse bulbs.
I think the set was about $15.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea!

#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There shouldn't be two balls in the trunk. First ball in the trunk is a lock. Second ball in the trunk starts multiball. What's going on that you have two balls in the trunk?

Multiple players.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Multiple players.

Unless anyone else has an answer...

For tournaments, I would probably disable the trunk. (Is there a virtual lock setting? I haven't looked for it.)

There may be a code bug in this situation. ???

I'll do some research tomorrow as my trunk has developed an issue I need to look into and try to fix.

#1463 4 years ago

Someone with cnc plastic cutting equipment needs to make a bounce shield to prevent air balls from landing in the plastic rail leading to the trunk. It's happened a few times to me where if you already have a ball in the trunk and the 2nd ball lands in the rail without passing the optos by being shot up the ramp normally, the game won't know the second ball is in the trunk and you have to wait for the ball search like 4 times or open the glass to clear it.

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Yes

4C5E4EBE-CAD9-48B7-B2E9-B9FA0B150ACF (resized).jpeg4C5E4EBE-CAD9-48B7-B2E9-B9FA0B150ACF (resized).jpeg
#1465 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Yes[quoted image]

So that stacking issue was fixed in the code update prior to the current (for me). Based on the physical design of the trunk, balls can enter from the right side and not via the top. Because of that, I can still get two balls in there and then ultimately bounce them out using a Newton ball effect.

I think that the trunk needs a one way gate unless they intend on doing something interesting with the possible permutations the side entrance can create.

#1466 4 years ago

Hey Guys, I’ve played an LE a bunch of times and really enjoyed the game. Also watched a bunch of streams. I am thinking of getting a LE and just concerned about some issues I’m reading in regards to the ramp and trunk issues. I’m thinking the LE’s were built before premiums so not sure if that means anything. Any input would be much appreciated.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Hey Guys, I’ve played an LE a bunch of times and really enjoyed the game. Also watched a bunch of streams. I am thinking of getting a LE and just concerned about some issues I’m reading in regards to the ramp and trunk issues. I’m thinking the LE’s were built before premiums so not sure if that means anything. Any input would be much appreciated.

Nothing to worry about physical issues regarding the ramps and trunk. Any adjustments necessary should be found when you do your initial setup and game review.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

purchase a LE about week after it was release. I personally had 1 issue with a node board saying 1,4,8 not working which was a simple update fix for some reason it wasnt reading it properly. Haven't had a issue ever since with anything else (knock on wood) every pin you buy from stern or Jersey jack at this point all need some type of tweaking/adjustment from My personal opinion. Obviously some issue are beyond tweaking and need tech support/parts, but that's what happens when you got manufacturers pumping out new pins ever 3-6 months.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Ramp is great no issues, trunk is great no issues. Had to tighten a screw on the trunk.

#1470 4 years ago

So I decided to buy myself a new printer. Not a horribly expensive one, but reasonably so. I didn't get a huge plotter printer(maybe one day when I have more space), but I bought myself a model that can print 13x19 sized pages, and has 6 colors. Tested it and the print quality is really nice.
Maybe not the greatest ever. But, its nice enough for printing out mini posters and framing them to go on my wall.
I got tired of going to a print store to make custom prints. Mostly tired of the weird looks when they see all the frazetta's, blake, and other custom images I had printed out. Again. I don't re-sell this stuff. Its for my own walls, and also I got it to print out my own comic covers from my comic business. Never printed any of those out before, and its going to be so cool having my favorites up on the wall. And a side benefit will be, I can make actual prints of my comics if I so desire.

Anyway... So with that whole chunk of text as the intro. The main reason I posted about it in this thread. I think its time for me to make custom rule cards for Elvira. I don't believe any have been made.
So now the main decision will be... Do I photoshop her images and just use real life photos of the Mistress, or do I use those as a layout and then pay one of my artists to draw what I made. The artists art style will not match Greg's art style. Just no way. But, with it being still colored art, it might in a way fit the theme of pinball better...
What are your guys thoughts? Just curious... Also,if you have any cool ideas of what would look good for the cards let me know. I don't know if I will do a left rules sheet. It might only be the right card. Lots of rules in this game, and so whatever art would mostly be covered up, and so I think the current rules card is just fine.
And once again having my own printer. Means no shame in explaining to the person at the print shop what the custom card is for.

#1471 4 years ago

My pin is ready for pickup at the fedex freight depot! Except today is a holiday for them so I have to wait until Thursday. Darn.

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've thought more about this and I think I understand it more. When the balls pop out, does it not start Trunk multiball? If that's the case, it is an unfortunate circumstance. I would think it would be best to disable the trunk for tournament play. I'm surprised it's not starting multiball, though.

I was able to recreate a scenario where a player could get a three-ball trunk multiball. Player one locks ball in trunk normally. Drains. Player two gets a lock from the side. The next ball in through the side will start a three-ball multiball. The ability of the ball to enter through the kickout creates some interesting scenarios.

Check your trunk lids, everyone. There are two screws that hold it on: one in the pivot point and one that attaches the lid to the arm that raises it. Both of mine had come loose causing the lid to not close completely. It caught my attention when the lid caused a weird air ball. Would be a good idea to check it from time to time.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I've thought more about this and I think I understand it more. When the balls pop out, does it not start Trunk multiball? If that's the case, it is an unfortunate circumstance. I would think it would be best to disable the trunk for tournament play. I'm surprised it's not starting multiball, though.
I was able to recreate a scenario where a player could get a three-ball trunk multiball. Player one locks ball in trunk normally. Drains. Player two gets a lock from the side. The next ball in through the side will start a three-ball multiball. The ability of the ball to enter through the kickout creates some interesting scenarios.
Check your trunk lids, everyone. There are two screws that hold it on: one in the pivot point and one that attaches the lid to the arm that raises it. Both of mine had come loose causing the lid to not close completely. It caught my attention when the lid caused a weird air ball. Would be a good idea to check it from time to time.

Right, the scenario I described does not start multiball. The close handles the additional ball drain and allows the player that got the lucky bounce to keep playing. For tournaments I consider it “just pinball” because I don’t see the potential for a significant advantage.

I just thought it was a strange behavior without code wrapped around it. I would suggest a one way gate if they never code anything in, but we shall see.

#1474 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Do I photoshop her images and just use real life photos of the Mistress, or do I use those as a layout and then pay one of my artists to draw what I made. The artists art style will not match Greg's art style. Just no way. But, with it being still colored art, it might in a way fit the theme of pinball better.

Really hard to say. I think a lot of it would depend on how different the artists styles are different from Greg’s. I think if you use any photos that they would need to be different from the ones usually used for Scared Stiff.

#1475 4 years ago

Hi there,

first i wish you all a happy new year. So my Elvira (299) is arrived and it plays very well. I love the pin. Yesterday a had a little Problem, so the ball stucks on the left side above the Plastik (ca. in the middle of Playfield). There is a Nut and the ball stucks above the Nut. I must put down the glass and take the ball by Hand from the Plastik. I think a Plastik Mod would solve this Problem. Has anybody the same Problem?

Thanks, Thomas

20191218_224206 (resized).jpg20191218_224206 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambido:

Hi there,
first i wish you all a happy new year. So my Elvira (299) is arrived and it plays very well. I love the pin. Yesterday a had a little Problem, so the ball stucks on the left side above the Plastik (ca. in the middle of Playfield). There is a Nut and the ball stucks above the Nut. I must put down the glass and take the ball by Hand from the Plastik. I think a Plastik Mod would solve this Problem. Has anybody the same Problem?
Thanks, Thomas[quoted image]

Can you post a photo of where the ball gets stuck please?

#1477 4 years ago

Played a bunch today. This game is a blast! Love it!

#1478 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Played a bunch today. This game is a blast! Love it!

This game has so much potential, I'm hoping that it doesn't take till halloween to get a complete 1.0 code release done.

#1479 4 years ago

Anybody can tell me how the dipswitches are on the cpu? I have one that is in the other position... Should they all be in the same position?

#1480 4 years ago

Does anyone know the LE part number for the bracket that the speaker bolts to is, I want to install the 5 1/4" speakers to a few of my other machines.
The photo below is the bracket/plate I am referring to.

06577ED2-AAE8-45F8-B0ED-85F510434F00 (resized).jpeg06577ED2-AAE8-45F8-B0ED-85F510434F00 (resized).jpeg
#1481 4 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html

515-1941-00

I used these to install LE speakers in Munsters premium when i had one.

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-speaker-plate-for-525-drivers.html
515-1941-00
I used these to install LE speakers in Munsters premium when i had one.

Awesome, thanks very much
cheers

#1483 4 years ago

#262 reporting in. Great game but mine was also missing the dreaded nylon washer on the side of the house ramp. Maybe Home Depot carries nylon washers.

Elvira LE (resized).jpgElvira LE (resized).jpg
#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

#262 reporting in. Great game but mine was also missing the dreaded nylon washer on the side of the house ramp. Maybe Home Depot carries nylon washers.[quoted image]

That is weird I have number 263 and mine came with a washer. Maybe it just slipped a bit lower and you can’t see it or something.

#1485 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

That is weird I have number 263 and mine came with a washer. Maybe it just slipped a bit lower and you can’t see it or something.

Thought number didn't indicate build order

#1486 4 years ago

Anybody can tell me how the dipswitches are on the cpu? I have one that is in the other position... Should they all be in the same position?

Ok, dipswitch 2 should be on... (Thanks Tom) So a new cpu needed. Normally it arrives tomorrow so I can finally play her... . No washer seen next to the ramp...

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Nope, definitely missing. I just shaved a bit off the side of the ramp with a file and everything works perfectly.

washer missing (resized).jpgwasher missing (resized).jpg
#1488 4 years ago

Well. Crap.
20200102_143801 (resized).jpg20200102_143801 (resized).jpg

#1489 4 years ago

Ok, dipswitch 2 should be on... (Thanks Tom) So a new cpu needed. Normally it arrives tomorrow so I can finally play her... . No washer seen next to the ramp...

Your game was coming up "Belgium". If that is the country you live in, Dipswitches are in the correct position. Unfortunately the CPU is set to 120V. This is easily changed but Stern do not want to give their codes out to anyone to avoid parallel importing.

We have no washer next to our ramp and it works fine. You just need to make sure the spring is attached properly and the ramp will not hit the gargoil.

Have fun, game is awesome.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:Well. Crap.
[quoted image]

Wow! How did you manage that?

#1491 4 years ago

It’s here! Code update and then time to flip.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wow! How did you manage that?

I have no idea. Made a shot to the house. Ball never came out. Ball search didn't find it. Walked to the side of the machine, and there it was. Thankfully, it was easy to remove with a magnetic telescoping wand. (Everyone should have one.)

#1493 4 years ago

My non SLE. I just need to find some 70mm film (paint it purple) for around the edges of the card to complete the look, and well Elvira’s signature.

5394A8E4-6E2E-4B97-B12E-4DDAA3D8389B (resized).jpeg5394A8E4-6E2E-4B97-B12E-4DDAA3D8389B (resized).jpeg9314BF4B-5903-4A55-A3BC-64AC3B1BBFBF (resized).jpeg9314BF4B-5903-4A55-A3BC-64AC3B1BBFBF (resized).jpeg
#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Well. Crap.
[quoted image]

I didn't see the ball in that picture, I thought you were talking about the crack or scratch on that plastic covering the ramp.

I've had the ball stuck in that exact spot many times. It's the one common ball sticking spot on my game.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Does anyone know the LE part number for the bracket that the speaker bolts to is, I want to install the 5 1/4" speakers to a few of my other machines.
The photo below is the bracket/plate I am referring to.[quoted image]

If you buy the 5 1/4 sf speakers from pinwoofer they come with a spacer, no need to buy or modify yr orig bracket

#1496 4 years ago

Is it worth doing a "Full" Vs "quick" update when updating code?

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Is it worth doing a "Full" Vs "quick" update when updating code?

Full does a reset of everything. Quick leaves settings and high scores in place. Not sure if any other differences.

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I have no idea. Made a shot to the house. Ball never came out. Ball search didn't find it. Walked to the side of the machine, and there it was. Thankfully, it was easy to remove with a magnetic telescoping wand. (Everyone should have one.)

Lucky you found the ball easily. We have not had ome stuck ball yet. Great game and we are looking forward to more code updates.

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s here! Code update and then time to flip.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#1500 4 years ago

I think the 0.89 code messed up the unhappy hour. The pop bumpers are now scoring really big points meant for the ramps. I got 19 billion on my first ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/30?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.