IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

548 posts in this topic match your search for posts by skwilson. You are on page 2 of 3.
#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Is the rotating turret integrated in any kind of gameplay yet ?

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yep. It has been integrated in to "house party" mode for the last couple of updates. I think it spins in Gappa mode as well.

It's part of the add-a-ball during House Party and each side represents a Super during Attic Attack Multiball.

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I challenge all of you to post the score from a legitimate game in which the score ends in “5”.
No Photoshops!
[quoted image]

Wow.

That is definitely something that should be sent to [email protected].

#3622 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

One code tweak I would like to ask for if possible. I had the right outlane lit for The Dead Return. Started Zombie multiball and while its ball save was still running, I lost a ball out the right outlane. It played the Ball Saved animation for the outlane and then turned it off. Could the running multiball ball saver override the outlane ball save and not use/turn it off during that time?

I submitted that to bug.report several months ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Maybe more should send it in. sir_tankalot

#3631 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Apparently it's not a bug. According to Lyman, this is what is happening in that scenario -
'The way "The Dead Return" is currently designed to work is that if you have it lit during multiball and the ball drains down the right outlane while the multiball ball saver is running, then I add more time to the multiball ball saver and turn off "The Dead Return".'
He may add an adjustment at some point to modify the default behavior of the above.

Yeah. He messaged me about it. I just don't think it's fair to take away an award I earned. He said the next release would address it, but didn't say how. It's really a minor issue, so we'll see what happens.

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm not super observant so maybe this has occurred the whole time, but I've noticed it since the new update. When I have a mode running with a multiball the right orbit doesn't score for the jackpot or advancing the mode while the ball save is running.
Is this a bug or a feature? Is it a necessary evil to stop the auto launch from scoring? Personally, the right orbit seems to be the toughest shot for me to make on this game, so it's frustrating to nail it at the end of Teenagers From Space only to have it not score and my mode times out.

I think you've answered your own question, but haven't really noticed it myself. (Hadn't thought about it being associated with the ball save.) I usually don't concentrate on the right orbit jackpot until it's the last one. I also start TFOS first as it's the easiest haunt to complete and stack multiballs with longer haunts like MTHOF.

I find both orbits can be difficult to hit at times. Sometimes I nail 'em every time. Other times I can't hit 'em to save my life (or the haunts). If you're having problems with the spinner shot in TFOS, you can lock a ball up and short plunge the new ball so it hits the spinner. The only downside to that is fewer points from the spinner which I think add to the final shot value, but if time's running out, it gets the job done.

#3678 3 years ago

I know the haunt shots disappear during the multiball intros, but they return when they're over (or blown off).

Is it possible you needed a shot on the right orbit, but didn't see it?

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Weird. I found this on Sterns amazon page and on Game Room Guys.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmEUA30NFZHE5eyrGZzXDzWcoEI3c2Nz/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3_kXkATnoyyDnMUpZBnOn7-vm9d54mO/view?usp=drivesdk
But in going to places like Pinball Life For the Rev C. I don’t see this note at all.
Edit: What triggers the shaker in the current code?

The games are the same. Don't know why it wouldn't work. Just order from the Stern Shop if they're in stocks. They're cheaper anyway.

There is a lot of shaker code. It's awesome!

#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pinball life is even cheaper 79 instead of 99.

But that's not a Stern shaker.

#3710 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

does that matter?

To me it does.

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

is the turret doing anything useful yet?

During House Party, the turret will turn when a super jackpot is lit. Collect the super while the eyeball is facing you will add-a-ball once.

During Attic Attack Multiball, there are super jackpots associated with each side of the turret.

Quoted from fuseholder:

I just messed with the font RGB. It allows you to change it, doesn’t appear to save your adjustments?

It saved on mine. Correction: it didn't change until I rebooted the game.

I love this type of customization!

20200626_222030 (resized).jpg20200626_222030 (resized).jpg
#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Has anyone heard any rumors about a topper?

This is all we have so far.

Elvira Topper (resized).pngElvira Topper (resized).png
#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Good question, I dont recall any specific video, but search Pride Pinball

Thanks for the mention!

I haven't done a full tutorial since stuff is still being added, but do have tutorials and highlight videos on my YouTube page (PridePinball). The next time I stream, I'll do an updated tutorial.

1 week later
#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Well, I hooked up my old shaker motor up. I wired it as the schematics show but nothing. A volt meter shows I'm getting 48 volts between pin 1 and 5 on CN16 of the interface board. The shaker motor didn't move but now I discovered it could be a 12 volt motor I have here I'm trying. I'm not sure but I don't think the extra voltage would burn up the motor right away. It would have at least moved a little. Anyway, I've placed an order with Pinball Life for a Spike 2 compatible shaker motor. Looks like it's plug and play.

Don't forget to make sure it is turned on in the settings.

1 week later
#4224 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

During the Santa Claus mode the lights turn red when you hit the shot and back to green when you hit it again. Is this just a fun Christmas theme or is there a significance to which shots are which color? I guess I don't play that mode quite enough to get the rules figured out.

The goal is to turn all the red shots green. If you hit a green shot, it'll turn back to red. I think it increases the awards. I can't remember exactly what happens, but the instructions are on the screen.

#4247 3 years ago

Yes. Creepo is indeed creepy. I guess I didn't read the notes very well. Freaked me out when he popped up during Friday night's stream.

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Anyone know where to buy red plastic protectors for the game? Mezelmods seems to be sold out .

I beg you, do not put those on the game. I did and regret it.

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Please elaborate.
Does it ruin the artwork or what?

They turn the artwork red. Not attractive.
They are a PITA to install.
One piece I removed because it changed the height of the ramp after the trunk causing air balls.

You're better off just getting a set for the slings/outlanes.

Look in the topic gallery for the pics.

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My man, this is brilliant. The inlanes outlanes would give me the look I’m going for without spending a hundred bucks. Where is this in stock ?

I, personally, would get these.
https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-hoh-plastic-protector-set

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

However, the JP3 topper isn't very impressive and the leaked photos of this one aren't convincing me to open my wallet at face value.

For the record, the photo of the topper wasn't a "leak." It was distributed by Stern to the Insiders.

I can't wait to get it!

#4366 3 years ago

I'm thinking a lot of y'all are going to be disappointed when Stern finally releases the topper.

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not at all, the game is awesome and that's what really counts. If anyone will be disappointed it will be Stern for lack of sales on a terrible choice of a topper release

Yes. A lot of people have come up with ideas on what they want the topper to do. They will be disappointed when it does none of those things.

Stern will not be disappointed because, as someone said, it will sell out on day one. They only produce a limited quantity of toppers.

A lot of people disliked the GB topper, but now they're unavailable and, when you do find one, they're selling for a grand. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened here.

No matter what it does, or the price, I'm not missing out on the chance to get one. Anyone who does want one better make sure they're on their distributor's list.

1 week later
#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Anyone else now getting a box around players score at the end of game?
[quoted image]

That's been there for a long time.

#4525 3 years ago

"They Came From Space" is a rush!

15974657080207544627642219672782 (resized).jpg15974657080207544627642219672782 (resized).jpg
#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How is the ball supposed to come off the shooter lane ramp? Mine rattles around like crazy and My game is dead level and 7*. I’ve tried taking that metal shooter lane ramp out and tweaking it a bit to no avail.

How is the alignment of your shooter rod?

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thank you
I own a le, got it in October 2019 so i doubt it has it. Did someone ask stern to send them the guide?

Yes. Contact Stern's part department through their website and ask them for the Elvira Update Kit. Be sure to include your machine info and your address.

#4537 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Your LE should have it. Mine was built before October (what’s your build date?) and it was included

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Fairly new to the game but I can't figure out how to get the turret to work. What shots do you need to hit? Thanks!!

1. The turret turns during House Party when the Super Jackpot is lit. Make the shot when the eye is facing you to add a ball.
2. The turret turns during Attic Attack multiball. Each side of the turret represents a Super Jackpot.
3. The turret turns during They Came From Space.

I think that's it unless someone knows of another occurrence. ???

#4611 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hm, I’m having trouble understanding the difference; there’s only one spot where the ball gets held in the house when you shoot up the ramp. Maybe open it up in test mode and see if something looks off from behind

He's saying the ball doesn't make it to the subway behind the backboard. The ball goes up the ramp then back down the ramp toward the player. I have this happen, too. I've also had the ball stick in the house. I finally got my new diverter, so when I take the house back off to install it, I'll do some investigating as to what's causing the problem.

#4652 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I assume this has been brought up before but I can't find it, I apologize. My buddy and I both have Elviras and have the same problem. The Gargoyle Upkick barely dribbles the ball out of the hole (or just tries three or four times before it actually makes it out). A bit frustrating, but the issue is that one of the shots has you activating the action button to hit one of the three spot targets under the crate and there's no way that ball will ever make it over there. The mechanism is tight and the coil is maxed out in power. I assume others are having this problem. Is there a fix?
Thanks.

There is a Stern fix as noted in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536034

#4664 3 years ago

Has anyone received and installed a new house diverter motor? (I have a question, if you have.)

2 weeks later
#4941 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I swear I have heard “shit” in one of the call outs but it seems to happen later in the game when I heard it. Otherwise the announcer just says “crap” all the time for the junk in the trunk collectibles.

I knew I wasn't imagining things!

Also, don't forget about Sgt. Jarhead's f-bombs.

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I figured I had it made in convincing my wife but... you're saying a few callouts include F-bombs? I could deal with that but my wife and family wouldn't like it which will make much case tougher.
I realize Elvira is more of an adult themed pin but there is nothing in settings to turn off language either?

That's correct. As of the most recent code update, there is not an adjustment for family mode.

"I love pain. I fucking love it!" -Sgt. Jarhead

#5001 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I would if I could find one...

Get your name on your distributor's list if you want one.

#5026 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, I got to House Party tonight! So Woohoo! After finishing House Party, it was nice to see some new movie modes. Sort of a reward for your hard work, as the starting movies and their accompanying quotes can get a little old when they're repeated over and over.

You do know you can choose the haunt you start, right? Each window represents a haunt. When haunts are lit, use the flippers to move the lit window one before or one after the haunt you want to start (depending on which flipper you're shooting the ball from). When you shoot the house, the corresponding haunt will start. On start, select the window you want. Collecting the Back Door skill shot will start that haunt.

Left side of house:
Top window = "Teenagers from Outer Space"
Bottom left window = "The Brain that Wouldn't Die"
Bottom right window = "The Manster"

Right side of house:
Top window = "The Werewolf of Washington"
Middle window = "Manos: The Hand of Fate"
Bottom window = "Night of the Living Dead"

Far right of house (only window - requires skeleton key to unlock) = "Santa Conquers the Martians", "The Satanic Rites of Dracula", "The Giant Gila Monster"

#5027 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just updated to v.99 —-
Question: ‘They came from outer space multiball’. Does this mode ever END? I got down to a single ball twice during the multi and it just stayed in mode. Thought that was strange.

If I remember correctly, it does end once you collect all of the super jackpots. I've only started it twice and completed it once. I also thought it was odd that it didn't end upon draining down to one ball. I figured I'd just wait till the next code update to see if it remains the same.

#5029 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I knew about using the flippers to change lit windows/movies, but I didn't realize that once you had the key you could play those other three movies. As the one time I've got Dracula was after house party. Interesting.

Cool. The way you worded your statement, it sounded like you might not have known. Just making sure.

#5035 3 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Anyone know of a game play stream running latest or near latest code? I haven't seen one since it first started shipping. Been thinking about hunting one of these down, and wanted to see more current code and gameplay.

I will be streaming it again tonight.
twitch.tv/pridepinball 9pm cdt

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from LiveCatchpinball:

is there a flipper strengh adjustument on the menu ?

I don't see one. Only trough, slings, VUK, trunk and cellar.

#5128 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I've seen a few people suggest replacing the factory balls. what do people recommend?

https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

If the factory balls are good, you don't have to replace them. Doesn't hurt to have spares on hand.

1 week later
#5197 3 years ago

On Monday's stream Jack said he really wanted to play Elvira, but he couldn't (STh, too.) Made me think he already has the new code. Stern has been releasing EHoH updates on Thursdays, so I wouldn't be surprised if it drops tomorrow. ::fingers crossed::

Edit: Well. He's playing it tonight so maybe that wasn't it. Still hoping for code tomorrow.

1 week later
#5278 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I couldn’t have said it better. What’s the big secret?!?! Distributors have them so let’s see one

They know everyone will be disappointed.

There is no LCD screen. It is the static pic of Elvira we've already seen.
So far, the lid doesn't open during the game. Maybe additional code is needed.
The gargoyles and eyes do light up.

I paid for mine last night. I guess it'll be late next week when I get it.

#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it hasn’t been confirmed from anyone that has received a topper that there is no LCD. The Elvira image could be protective plastic. Probably not, but there’s still hope.
And we already know the code for the topper isn’t in the code yet. (Testing the coil in the service menu doesn’t count). Unfortunately, absent an official announcement from Stern, it looks like we won’t know the extent of topper features until the next code drop. The total lack of information from Stern on the topper in almost a year is concerning - is this going to be a Halloween trick or treat?
For $1k there better be a significant addition to game play enabled by the topper.

Actually, it has been confirmed it doesn't have an LCD. And the lights do light up. A member of one of my FB groups posted about it. Unfortunately, I can't find the post now. I can't remember who posted it or which group it was in.

Edit: It's in the EHoH owners' FB group.

"OK well just an FYI I started the deadhead family crypt and finished it three times nothing happened I started the trunk multi ball and nothing happened I’ve pretty much tried several things and the lid just sit there my friend Dave Paz suggested maybe the code needs to be updated I think he may be right I don’t know but for now it just sits there and looks pretty although the eyes and the skeletons do light up when you start deadhead family crypt"

"Gargoyle heads don’t move the only thing that moves is the lid I have a video down below it is very nice looking and definitely very good quality just trying to figure out what will make it work perhaps the code is not finished yet"

#5449 3 years ago

I love the topper! It freaked me out last night!

#5554 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Does anyone know a source for better apron cards for this? I have the stock ones and would like to upgrade at least the pricing one

Here ya go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

#5598 3 years ago

Yes. I posted about them a long time ago. There are pics in the gallery. In short, do not buy these.

#5599 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Loooove this game and diggin' the latest 1.0 code but is it just me or are scores generating lower after this update? I used to score 1B games every now and again, but haven't even broken 500M since the update last week. Noticed the "House Party" Super Jackpots weren't as high or maybe it's just me? I ain't complaining and I know that I have to "play better", but wondering if others have also noticed such a thing?

One of the things that changed in 1.0 was the House Party jackpots. They are now based on haunt shots leading to HP. Take a look at the change log for the math.

#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Put up a screaming hot one yesterday. Anyone else break 2 bil yet? I had Scream test (Gappa) All garage multis, house party, They came from space, completed 6 haunts, Directors cut...played one extra ball. didn’t get phone a friend, defeat the clown deadhead or get the Gappa six ball this game. It’s nearly impossible to complete everything in one game. But it’s fun to try! Oh and before anyone asks...normal tilt, glass on
[quoted image]

I hit 2.4 billion last night on stream. Even sold the house. Your game is more impressive, though. Good going!

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What happens when you sell the house?

You get points! Shoot the cellar to start the hurry-up. Shoot the Wild Market Value target to collect. It counts down fast! I started the hurry-up, then started Double Trouble before collecting.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nice! What the requirements for flipping the house? Do you have to save Elvira in ‘They came from space’?

You have to:
1. Start Phone-a-Fiend multiball
2. Start Attic Attack multiball
3. Start They Came from Space
4. Start Gar-goils Gone Wild
5. Start Gappa Angry
6. Start Director's Cut
7. Banish Creepo the Clown

Once you've accomplished those, the cellar lights to start the hurry-up.

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Game actually scores lower now in some areas of gameplay. House party jackpots arent 750k anymore...I think it’s 150k + percentage based on completed haunts.

It's 100k + 25k per haunt shot leading up to House Party.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does the game “finish” for lack of a better term, when you sell the house? Or is it just a big bunch of points and a callout?

There isn't as big of a fanfare as I would have hoped for. You just keep playing.

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

qustion for you all ? There is a huant meter on the left side of screen ,mine never moves from zero , even when huant completerd . Is this right or should the meter change. Thanks for any heip here.

I think you're referring to the "Haunt-O-Meter." ??? That's not a zero. It is the film that runs across the bottom of the screen. As you make shots, the film clips go back to the film. The number of shots (clips) required is on the right film canister.

2 weeks later
#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Any thoughts on strategy on this game. I just shoot the house to get through the house to house Party, meanwhile trying get throug the wild woman multibal ladder. I reached Gappa Angry 2 times but both sucked. Only getting to level 2. I keep stuck at around 350-400k. How do the playfield multipliers work?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Go for the extra balls, it’ll help you get further into the game. Complete two haunts to light extra ball. Defeat two deadheads to light extra ball. Finish Hand of fate wheel to unlock super hand of fate wheel ( which has an extra ball). You really want to complete your modes (haunts) in this game. Complete four haunts for ‘Directors cut’...love this mode. Get all the way through the house for ‘They came from space’ multi. If you have difficulty completing modes then I’d suggest staging the garage multis in a haunt, they don’t score well anyway on their own. Also, always have a deadhead running while in a mode or prior to starting multiball. When you get to Gappa, slow down your game, take a breather and execute the shots calmly...no flailing. You want all six balls locked for the big show and the big score. I consider 1.5 billion a good score of this table. 2-3billion is possible at current code.

Don't just complete the haunts. Collect the Trailer Trash with Trailer Bits. If possible, start Double Trouble before starting Trailer Trash. This can be big with longer haunts like MTHOF. I'm talking hundreds of millions of points for just four quick shots (House to start, left ramp, right ramp, house to collect).

Adding onto Gappa Angry, there's no need to rush through it even though there's an urgency to the music. Like mpdpvdpin said, slow down, take a breath, get control of the ball and make the shots.

As far as how Double Trouble works: complete both banks of stand ups to light DT in the inlane. Flipper will move lit lane. Rollover lit lane to start DT at 2x for 20 seconds. Do this again during DT to start Double Double Trouble (4x).

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

What's this?! .. It's certainly NOT junk which was in my trunk last night!! I'm now in the Elvira House of Horrors club!! First very happy to announce that last night I got a NIB Elvira House of Horrors LE along with an official Stern EHOH Topper locally. Today I played my EHOH LE for the first time which happens to be on Friday the 13th! This is such an incredible game & I love it! Truly hats off to all that were involved in making this masterpiece!!
[quoted image]

Congrats on getting the game! Please tell me it was not in your vehicle upside down, though. If it was, I'm glad it was okay.

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Total noob on repairs here but my house was rejecting balls and noticed the motor isnt moving so did a test the diverter motor works but doesnt move and heres a pic for reference.
[quoted image]

You're missing a screw.

1 week later
#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone achieved the super hand of fate (manos wheel?)? I have a lot of games where I don't even collect one piece of the regular wheel and I think the best I have done is 4 pieces. Unless you're draining left during multiball, it seems like this is something that is extremely difficult to get.
Thoughts?
The Tilt rulesest is quite out of date.
Rob

The only time I was able to get the Super Hand of Fate wheel, I had the Hand of Fate carry over turned on. Haven't gotten it since with it off. Was able to clear the second Hand of Fate wheel, too.

1 week later
#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Maverick203b:

For the last week I am qualifying for extra balls and shooting the house to collect. They are not actually giving me the extra ball and the light is not showing once I collect. Has anyone else had this issue? It isn’t code update related as I didn’t have an issue last week and was already on the new code.

Sounds to me like you have extra balls turned off or awarding points instead. Have you changed any settings? At least check them.

1 week later
#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So is add a zombie multiball an add a ball mode? If so how do you add? Have tried shooting the garage, ramps, crypt. Nothing seems to do if.

The garage multiballs can only be extended. In Add-a-Zombie, if you shoot the garage, an additional jackpot shot will light. (IIRC, it starts with three lit.)

1 week later
#6230 3 years ago

Here's a clip of the Easter egg from last night's stream. The game audio is low because last night was movie night. I had trouble all night getting SCCTM (out of 11 (I think) attempts, I mostly got TGGM or TSROD. At the end of the stream, I ended up taking the glass off. LOL

1 month later
#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I finally updated my game to 1.01 and noticed that I got a back door sneak in bonus when I hit the house ramp (at least once). Does this make sense or might I have an opto issue?

The back door sneak in will be awarded when the ball travels up the left orbit and into the back door.

It is absolutely possible for the ball to fall off the staircase ramp (if it doesn't make it through the back board) and into the back door hole. If this happened, the ball would be released from the cellar. If this isn't what happened, yes, you might have an issue.

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Hoping somebody posts an answer for us. I believe there is a gate in the back that opens when the house modes are lit to lock the ball. My thought is it must have to do with that gate opening all the way.

It's not a gate. It's the diverter on the back board. When the diverter is up, the ball should go into the subway behind the back board. When the diverter is down, the ball rolls off to the left orbit.

I have had the ball roll back out, but not as much recently. I still haven't figured out what causes it. I originally thought it was the diverter not moving all the way up which I haven't ruled out because I did have to replace the assembly. Since then, the ball doesn't get stuck and doesn't roll back out often. Because I still get it occasionally, I'm thinking it only happens on a wonky shot. IDK. I would suggest testing the diverter to see if it's moving all the way to the up position.

2 months later
#7776 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Having the same issue with the crypt sticking slightly open, but am wondering if my issue is related to this screw being loose.
I can move the skull up and down like.. so.. should this be tightened down?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like that screw does need to be tightened up, but as far as the crypt door, that is normal.

1 month later
#8177 2 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

How do we take the market value?

Added WILD MARKET VALUE rule:
- Start in the CELLAR after performing the following tasks:
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball.
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
- Shoot WILD MARKET VALUE target for hurry-up value and sell the
house.
- The MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE is built up over the course of the
game by hitting the WILD MARKET VALUE standup target. The value of
the target is 100K * the number of tasks completed; this value is
added to the MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE each time the target is hit.

#8197 2 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Yes thank you. Too bad there aren't more sounds and a lightshow when you sell the house.

Yeah. I was expecting a much bigger fanfare. If only you hit the target to stop the hurry-up then shoot the house (so it can hold the ball) to collect the points where then the house lighting goes crazy and you get fireworks/confetti and a quip from Elvira on the screen. Something like that. IDK.

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Yes believe it or not mine was prefect , but the list of other problems very long . one still unsolved since you can not adjust the ball guide to keep ball from hitting sling every time. I've just gotten used to it

I used a needle-nosed pliers to slightly bend the ball guide out. It made a difference. Of course, it also depends on whether the ball is hugging the guide or rattling around.

#8277 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Where are the batteries located on these newer stern games? Thanks.

20210522_230720 (resized).jpg20210522_230720 (resized).jpg
#8375 2 years ago

Here are my thoughts:

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

SDTM stuff so bad that I reset the ball save from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. (I have never done that, but this game is possessed).

Every once in a while, I will have a ball exit the pop bumpers to the left and go SDTM, but it is rare. I think trying different pitches may be the thing here.

It also auto plunges at random, so if you are not there and ready when it is your turn, you may be SOL.

The worst area is called the attic? The target works fine, but then the ball gets lost in that area.

The only time it should auto plunge is on a ball save or if the game thinks the ball should not be in the shooter lane. I think you have switch issue.
I think you're actually referring to the garage. There are three opto switches in that area. I think at least one of them is operating improperly.

It also gives some random points, but not too many. (but that is the least of the issues).

This is another clue to a switch issue.

Here's what I would do:

1. Remove glass; put game into switch test; bang on playfield to see if any switch(es) triggers. If so, I would make note of the switch(es) and check them. I would bet they're optos. Check to see if they are secure (not loose). Then clean them. I use a cotton swab dipped in glass cleaner or alcohol.

2. While still in switch test, roll a ball over every switch in the game to make sure they trigger. I bet you'll find an issue with the garage lock optos.

I thought I had an issue with the right ramp opto. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Sometimes it would register; sometimes it wouldn't. Once I thought I had it figured out, then it quit working again. I finally cleaned them and they started working perfectly.

They will not be easy to get to, but cleaning the optos is your best bet.

If you are in my area, and you think you can easily fix this game, I will gladly give you $100.00 if you can get this game to work correctly.

If I were any where close to you, I would be glad to try to help (and not take any money).

Hopefully your problems are just dirty optos.

Good luck!

1 week later
#8602 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This happens to me too, have not looked into why it happens yet...
Worst part is the game goes completely dark if you start a mode.

Press both flipper buttons to blow off the intro and the lights will return.

#8657 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does FedEx usually deliver pinball machines? When I bought new games in the past they were delivered by trucking companies like Estes or R+L.
I didnt know FedEx did pinball machines. I guess in your situation they aren't doing a very good job of it.
Good news is that you got a game on it's way from this recent build and you dont have to wait until the next run whenever that is.

FedEx has a freight division. Both my NIB games came directly from Stern via FedEx Freight with no issues. It sucks BallyKISS1978 is having a hard time getting his game. I have no doubt it will eventually be delivered. Hopefully, sooner rather than later and unharmed.

#8879 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Been trying to download the code and use etcher to flash it to the SD card. Used two different laptops and go to flash from file and etcher says no file found. I have a gaming pc but my card reader was lost by one of my kids. I have downloaded the code 4 different times, wirelessly, and wired into my router. Will keep looking for my damn card reader.

You're downloading the SD CARD IMAGE and not the game code files, right?

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Scoring question - if 2x or 4x is running for a portion (or all) of a haunt, and its still running when you complete trailer trash, is trailer trash doubled, or equal to your completed house mode?

Trailer Trash IS affected by Double Trouble. Don't forget to collect the bits! Trailer Trash = 50% of haunt score; with 1 bit = 75%; with 2 bits = 100% of haunt score. There are HUGE points available here!

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

My next issue is my house isnt holding the ball when starting up a mode (the ball almost immediately shoots out to the right pop bumpers). Any idea on what needs to be done to fix this issue?

Check the up/down post in the subway behind the backboard. It is most likely misaligned and is not holding the ball.

2 weeks later
#9162 2 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

I don't think the Phone a Friend mode is completed yet, at least that light does not light up in the drop targets. Read a rules set that said it wasn't complete but that was for code 1.00 and mine is 1.01

Phone-A-FIEND is coded. It will light once you have played two trunk multiballs. Lock two more balls to start Phone-A-Fiend Phone-A-Thon multiball.

#9173 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I know during house party when the green eyeball is in front , it will add-a-ball once you shoot the house. The rest I do not know.

In settings, you can now choose if it rotates on start and/or on garage ball lock. Also, during Attic Attack multiball, each side of the turret represents a super jackpot. To collect each super, the window facing you has to be lit.

#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

With the Mandalorian getting a co-op / team mode do you think stern will implement that feature in other / older games? Seems like it could be a pretty easy copy paste feature.

In a recent interview with George Gomez (I don't know which podcast it was. I think it was JAPP.), he suggested that there would be updates to multiple games in September. I believe the question was referencing co-op/alternate modes. Naturally, he wasn't specific about the games or the modes.

#9183 2 years ago

Ugh. Thought I was in a different thread.

#9197 2 years ago

It is an opto switch located near the back right corner of the crypt.

Quoted from beefzap:

Right ramp switch: is the switch that shows you hit the right ramp the rollover switch on the inlane? I don't see a switch or opto on my right ramp

20210702_193540 (resized).jpg20210702_193540 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9457 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I lived in St Peters for 5 years.. how the hell did I not know about this store?! LOL

Maybe you knew it as Garden Ridge, its former name?

2 weeks later
#9566 2 years ago

I have only made it to the multi ball that you get after Gappa Angry.

How will I know if I ever do finish the game?

The ultimate goal of the story is to sell the house.

#9570 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've gotten to 4 balls in gappa and they came from space several times, but to sell house, don't you have to get all 3 garage mb, and beat creepo?

From code update 1.00: (Although, there seem to be bugs.)
Added WILD MARKET VALUE rule:
- Start in the CELLAR after performing the following tasks: (The insert and cellar are your cues.)
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball. (Currently not needed.)
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball. (Currently not needed.)
- Shoot WILD MARKET VALUE target for hurry-up value and sell the
house.
- The MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE is built up over the course of the
game by hitting the WILD MARKET VALUE standup target. The value of
the target is 100K * the number of tasks completed; this value is
added to the MARKET VALUE of the HOUSE each time the target is hit.

Does the game let you know that you sold the house?

Yes. You must start the hurry up at the cellar then hit the WILD MARKET VALUE target to collect it. However, there is not a lot of fanfare to go with it. Just an accompanying sound effect and graphic on the display. (Collect with Double Trouble or Double Double Trouble running to make it really worth it.)

#9574 2 years ago

Thanks for all the info, and the video!
I need to look for that target.
I am not sure what the directors cut is, and I have not seen the clown deadhead many times, and I have only seen they came from space one time, but everything else is pretty regular on a decent game here.
I am pretty sure I have seen the market value up to around 28m a few times, but I have never collected it yet.
I have never made it to any kind of wizard mode or anything on any pin in my life, but this game is so much fun that I want to keep trying to get further into it.
Thanks!

You reach Director's Cut by completing four haunts. When you complete your fourth haunt, Trailer Trash/Trailer Bits will automatically light (light blue arrows). Collect your bits (if you like points) and shoot the house to collect the Trailer Trash and Director's Cut will start. There are four levels to complete: one for each of the haunts you completed. Completing each level will award your haunt points again. Completing all four will award an additional 100m.

Creepo the Clown will be your fourth Dead Head.

They Came From Space is available after you've played six haunts. This is my favorite mode.

There is so much to do in this game. So many ways to play. It has yet to get old for me. The biggest thing about it is that it is fun. (Unlike AIQ. That's just not fun.)

Have fun and enjoy!

#9588 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've owned the game for over a year now, love it, fun to shoot, lots of cool modes and MBs, but I've never even gotten close to the PHONE-A-FIEND multiball or figured out how to attain it. Has anyone ever reached this multiball and if so, how does one go about it?

You start Phone-A-Fiend Phone-A-Thon the same way you start the other trunk mulitballs.
Complete targets, then lock a ball. Complete targets again, then lock the second ball to start the multiball. For Phone-A-Fiend, you must have already played two trunk multiballs.

Don't forget! During your trunk multiballs, you collect more junk by collecting super jackpots! You can collect up to three pieces with each super! All those ray guns come in real handy!

2 weeks later
#9688 2 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Just got a topper for my EHOH and it seems to be interacting with the game and has been detected, but the lid hasn't popped open yet. What activates this in the game? Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked and answered before, my limited forum skills didn't produce an answer.

I believe the first instance occurs at the start of House Party. Others happen at jackpots or super jackpots during multiballs.

Edit: Playing tonight I noticed it at the beginning of Trunk Multiball as well.

2 weeks later
#9788 2 years ago

Just thought I'd share this...

I always thought M:THOF was the most lucrative haunt until I noticed that the ramp combos during TWOW increased in value what seemed exponentially. Tonight while playing, I was able to keep the ramp combos going until my last shot was worth 27 million. The final shot to the house was only 20 million. The whole haunt ended up being worth 176 million! I collected the Trailer Trash (with bits) for another 176 million. Then collected it again during Director's Cut. That one haunt ended up being worth 529,200,000! And that was without Double Trouble!

20211009_185250 (resized).jpg20211009_185250 (resized).jpg
#9809 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Good evening Elvira fans, I have a problem with my game I could use a little help with. The screen says Operator alert cellar lockup device malfunction as soon as I started a game without plunging the ball I got the backdoor shot and the thingy in the house just keeps firing. Amy and all advice greatly appreciated

There is either a ball stuck in the cellar or the backdoor opto is either dirty or out of alignment.

#9811 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Thank you I have all six balls out of game I did have three jammed in the back door after a previous multiball and that seem to be about the time I noticed the problem . Where should i find this backdoor opto you mentioned ? Many thanks

The backdoor opto is at the rear entrance to the house. One side is below the playfield with the other above the playfield mounted to a rail. Under the playfield there should be a tag labelled "Backdoor Opto" attached to the wires leading to the opto board. The other board may require removing the house to get to. I can't remember right now. I have had success just blowing in the general area. (No joke. I have solved opto issues by giving Elvira a blow job.) Otherwise, a cotton swab and alcohol can be used to clean the optos.

2 weeks later
#10045 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Anyone have their house diverter act up? When I test it, I can only activate the 52 state (left flipper or - button). Could someone try their right flipper (+ button) and let me know if 53 actually does anything in this test?
The diverter seems to cycle around like ~ 102%, so each time it activates, it gets less and less calibrated, eventually blocking the path to start a haunt.
[quoted image]

There are two micro switches on the diverter assembly. One for the up position; the other for the down position. (I don't remember which is which.) The problem you describe seems similar to a problem I had. I thought the diverter was binding on something. I made a short video showing the issue and sent it to Pablo at Stern. He sent me two new micro switches followed by a complete new assembly. Unfortunately, it took a few months to get the assembly, so I disabled the diverter until it arrived. I have had no issues since installing the new assembly.

#10048 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Well hey, it’s pride pinball! I almost flagged you down at expo, but I wasn’t 100% sure if it was you
My wife and I loved your Elvira rules rundown, snd we’ve watched it a few times since we got the table.
I’m gonna check into those 2 switches to see if that's what’s up.
Could you link me to that video?
Thank you!

Yes! It was me! You should have said something! I'm glad you liked the video!

I'll PM you the link to the diverter video since it's unlisted.

#10049 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I somehow missed this. Have a link? Thanks in advance!

Here's the rules overview video:

3 weeks later
#10152 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah, but they are not selling them to consumers!?

They are going to locations first. Supposedly, they will be available to home users in January.

2 weeks later
#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's a good point; something physical is definitely firing - but I'll check - just have to figure out which coil...

I've had the garage lock fire during attract mode. Dirty optos. A good blow job and she was all good.

#10249 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am still confused. What does the 1.02 code do if you could always just select it?

You can't select which haunt in the locked room starts. It is still random, however, during December it is more likely that SCCTM will start.

#10254 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That’s what I get for not knowing all the rules.

Somebody hasn't watched my tutorial.

1 week later
#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

I downloaded the newest code to my machine. When I was messing around in the options I found “Director’s Cut” that I turned on. What all does the latest code do/improve? Also, what exactly is the director’s cut? I’d assume that it must be more stuff, just like a director’s cut movie where it is 15 or 20 minutes longer.

Director's Cut begins after completing four haunts (indicated by the four cyan inserts under the Freak Fryer). Trailer bits and trash will be automatically lit in blue (instead of yellow) for the last haunt completed. When collected, DC will begin. It is a four-level challenge where you recollect the haunt points for the completed haunts. The first level requires one shot + shoot cellar to collect ("Cut! Print!"); the second requires two shots + cellar to collect; etc...

I'm surprised you had to turn it on.

To see what the code update does, be sure you open the README file listed with the code. It shows changes, fixes, additions, etc... in all updates.

#10340 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I figured out a way to consistently reproduce it.
Steps:
- Start a new game.
- Start Teenagers From Outer Space (top left window).
- Get to the final shot where the beast booster and final shot are lit.
- Hit the beast booster until the lower value on the screen ends in 500
- Complete the haunt.
- Start Trailer Trash.
- Hit one ramp
- Then shoot the center shot (completing Trailer trash)
Blam-o! A 5 point shot. Here is a video of me doing it three times in a row:
My theory:
During Teenagers From Outer Space, before making the final shot to complete the haunt. The spinner is lit to increase the jackpot. Hitting that spinner will make the final shot value either end in 500 or 000 (watch the lower number).
When that value is 500. Trailer trash seems to calculated by starting at 50% of the value of that final lower score (or that score is added to be part of the final score), with the ramps each adding 25%. Hence, 25% of 500 is 125. So if you only shoot one ramp and the final shot, your at 75% the score which will give you that 5 pointer (more specifically a 375 pointer).
When that value ends in an even thousand (000). Everything works fine. As 25% of 1000 is 250.
Hence, the bug isn't actually with the countdown of the trailer trash. It's with the point value calculation.
I hope that information helps!
Edit: I updated this post to include more accurate information as I discovered it.

You should send this to [email protected]

#10346 2 years ago

It's just unintended behavior, as you're not supposed to be able to do that. It is very low reaching though. The only thing I expect it effects negatively is the 'match for a free game' logic.

It looks like Rob_G has already got this covered.

You should still send it in since you've narrowed it down. It will make it easier for Stern to locate and correct the bug.

#10357 2 years ago
Quoted from osc10:

I´m getting some problems at start of the game.
Happy hour goes nuts
extra ball and alot of points...

Because you say "Happy hour goes nuts," your problem will be the right ramp opto. It's probably dirty and/or loose. Some have resorted to making the holes in the ramp larger. I have only cleaned/tightened it myself.

#10381 2 years ago

For anyone wanting to see it, here is the bonus clip. (Sorry about the echo in the audio and the Deadheads.)

https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulDepressedGoldfishSpicyBoy-LggjOC8FdksM9yeH

2 weeks later
#10412 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Two questions on the rules - does it make a difference which deadhead is active from the crypt? And is there a way to select the junk awarded from the trunk?

#1 The Deadheads are random (with the exception of the fourth which will be Creepo).

#2 Yes. Before you hit a target, the insert lights will cycle from bottom to top. Hitting a target will lock in the lit junk. Completing the targets will light the lock. Locking the ball will collect the lit junk. Repeat process to start JitT multiball. During multiball, the two pieces of junk you collected will alternate flashing. Hitting a target will light the super jackpot on the left ramp and add a piece of the flashing junk (up to 3). Collect the super jackpot to collect the additional junk.

#10416 2 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks, appreciate it. So re the deadheads - are the rewards for completing the mode the same, or do they vary depending on the deadhead?

The points are the same no matter which Deadhead appears. Of course, they increase in value with each Deadhead you vanquish.

#10417 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Great tip on the multiball. I didn't realize you could collect junk that way. Now I will be much more deliberate in my attempts to collect that. I really want to sell the house!

Being that you can collect more ray guns (shot collect), flasks (+50k jackpots) and daggers (+50k haunt shots) during multiball, you can increase your shot scores. Also, the more junk you collect the bigger the bonus when starting Phone-a-Fiend.

If you want to sell the house, concentrate on the Deadheads and the house. Even though starting Phone-a-Fiend and Attic Attack are supposed to be required, it seems as though just lighting them is enough (bug).

1 week later
#10476 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

so I watched this great walkthrough video to better understand

Thanks for watching the video and saying that!

2.1 bill is a great score! Good going!

1 week later
#10549 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On my to do list:
Get the manos wheel. I have never completed the main wheel, not even close. Many games I don't even get 1 slice taken out of it.
Figure out what adding a zombie does in add-a-zombie multiball
Get attic attack multiball and see how the turret plays into this mode
Get Gappa Angry multiball.
Sell the house....
Rob

SPOILER ALERT

To make it easier to complete the Hand of Fate wheel, turn on ball-to-ball carry over in the settings. Just be ready to hit the button with something other than your hand during multiball.
Add-A-Zombie multiball starts with three jackpot shots lit. Hitting the garage adds one additional jackpot shot.
In Attic Attack, each side of the turret represents a Super.

#10588 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am having issues with the crypt. It seems to be out of phase and is always “searching” for the correct position.
Then it often gets stuck between positions (see the photos). I don’t think it has anything to do with the optics, and I don’t see anything that is obviously loose.
Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

I have had this happen on occasion. If you'll go into the crypt test and cycle through all three stops, it will probably sort itself out. Since this has worked for me, I've never looked for a cause.

#10598 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, I'll try that. Was your doing it over a period of time? Mine hasn't worked correctly in like a month.
Thanks!

It has done it from time-to-time. If it happens during a game, I just lock a ball and cycle it and it goes back to working. It just happened again last night, but it had been a long while before that.

#10603 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Having a new issue with the ball release under the left ramp. The plunger keeps activating even when the game is in attract mode. I'll randomly hear it fire like it's trying to release a ball. There is no ball in that area (currently).

The opto thinks there's a ball in the lock that shouldn't be. The opto needs cleaning. If you don't want to take everything off to get to the opto, a good blast of air in the area may be enough to remove whatever it is that is disrupting the beam. In other words, give Elvira a blow job. Works for me.

#10605 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It’s at least weekly Im giving Elvira a blowjob!

You ain't blowin' hard enough.

2 weeks later
#10693 2 years ago
Quoted from kidAtHeart:

I was thinking about adding a shaker to my Elvira premium, and some listings say they aren't compatible with the premium version or the HoH.
Anybody added one? Part #?
Thanks in advance.

I know they're out of stock, but you can check dealers for stock.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-sam-system-games

#10703 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

TOPPER SCREAM LOCKOUT TIMER: 180

Topper won't activate for this period of time after the last activation.

TOPPER GAME SCREAM: 20%

The percentage of times the topper can activate that it actually does. (I think, but not exactly sure.)

TOPPER ATTRACT MODE SCREAM: 20%

The percentage of times the topper will activate when a flipper button is pressed in attract mode.

Attract sounds only activate by pressing a flipper button.

There is no adjustment to turn the topper lights off that I've seen.

#10744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I wonder how many backorders there are for this pin?
I'm trying to put a deposit on one, and no one will take my money. HA!! Contacted three distos.
1st rule is business is: "Take their money!!".
I was told by one: "We will put you on the list for taking the place of anyone who backs out the already ordered list". Really? Get on a list, to get on a different list, if you're lucky.
Why wouldn't they have a list and build as many as are on the list? It's not a limited edition, it's a premium.
What a world we live in.
At least say "here's the cutoff, get a deposit before this date and yeah, we'll build you one....... someday".

The dealers only know that there will be another run in November if the schedule doesn't change before then. They don't even know if they'll receive enough to fulfill their orders. Stern sells what they build to the dealers and distributors. It's the dealers' responsibility to sell to their customers. Stern does not take deposits or maintain lists. They only tell the dealers how many games they will receive and collect the money for them.

Be glad dealers are not taking your order. You would be very disappointed when you get told you won't get a game. Put your name on every interested list you can and hope for the best.

#10746 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

That's a very interesting way of doing business (this would be my 1st pin after only playing on location for 30 years - hard to find pinball to play on location anymore).
You'd think it would be smart to ask dealers "how many do you want?" or rather "How many can you sell?" and then run with that.
I do get that limited supply creates scarcity, and that has to be quite beneficial in ways. Did they just not anticipate the demand with this one?

I don't believe they did anticipate the demand for EHoH. Many considered it a simple layout with subpar code. That is, until the code progressed to where it is. (People didn't have any appreciation for Lyman's vision.) Also, I don't think anyone planned for the pandemic and its unexpected effect on demand for pinball machines. There are also rumors that this game, in particular, is more difficult in terms of assembly, therefore not ideal to be on the assembly line.

Stern knows how many machines they can produce in any given time. They must combine that with licensor agreements and parts availability, which has been affected by the pandemic. They also had to deal with a months-long shutdown which prevented them from making any product causing a backlog of orders. Would it be great if they would produce more EHoH? Of course. Unfortunately, Stern has determined, for whatever reason, that it's not of the highest priority.

Things have been great for demand for Stern's products, but not-so-great for the buyers. We are still able to buy their fantastic products, but now we must wait longer for them and be on dealers' lists long before the announcements. What a terrible first-world problem to have.

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thank you SK for explaining so much to me, I'm new and appreciate it.
Just a random thought..... they've sold out of every model they've introduced with this pin....... that should tell them something. The 40th was a super-duper edition to put a cherry on top and reach beyond what anyone else has done (money-wise)...... you think another edition is on the drawing board? EHOH Yellow Brick road? Since Cactus did the whole SE+ thing (smart move BTW) it would be easy here. Premium+ with topper included. Like that wouldn't sell.
Hard to believe they would leave money on the table. Licensing is no thing: Cassandra will license anything.

If it doesn't get pushed back again, I truly believe the run in November will be the final run. Stern normally doesn't do those "special editions" like JJP has done. The EHoH 40th Anniversary edition is somewhat of an anomaly. (I see it as a Christmas present to their dealers.) I doubt Stern will ever bundle a topper with a game. There's too much profit in selling them separately. It is possible the license agreement is nearing the end. (It was announced at TPF in March of 2017 and didn't go into production for 2 1/2 years.) It is doubtful they will renew.

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thank you SK for explaining so much to me, I'm new and appreciate it.

By the way, welcome!

4 weeks later
#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So I am unable to find the setting for trough eject power... Where is this and how do you typically go about finding settings that you have no idea where they are?

ADJ>GAME>#264 (tip: go backwards in the menu)

I just look for 'em. Generic settings are in the Stern (SPI) menu. Game-specific settings are in the Game menu. Similar settings are generally grouped together.

1 week later
#10882 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Brought this over from another thread, maybe you guys can answer this for me. What is Elvira considered since like BM66 it did not have a pro version, I had thought it was a Kapow title but apparently it is not.
[quoted image]

It was answered in the first sentence of the first post. Stern refers to titles such as Batman '66 and Elvira as Studio Titles.

Stern's designations are: Cornerstone Title, Studio Title, Vault Edition, The Pin/Pin/Home Edition

Quoted from PinStalker:

I'd love to know the production #'s, especially in relation to all the cornerstone titles.

The pinball manufacturers are private companies and do not publish financial data including production numbers.

#10887 2 years ago

Right ramp opto acting up.

#10896 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Actually I am not sure what it is, but it happens all the time. Extremely frustrating for sure. I feel it happens randomly even when I just started the game and before shooting the ball but most often it happen during “Un Happy Hour”
Any advice for what I should check out is highly appreciated - Thanks

It's the right ramp opto. Been documented in the thread a lot. Clean both sides of the opto and make sure the bracket is tight to the ramp. Some have gone so far as to enlarge the holes in the ramp. I think that's overkill.

#10904 2 years ago

Check to make sure your Back Door opto is working. (Put the game into switch test and roll a ball into the back door entrance.) I suspect it needs to be cleaned and/or realigned.

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So you’re saying he’s got a dirty back door??

Elvira can be a dirty girl.

1 week later
#10955 2 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find replacement Backpanel Playfield GI LEDs? Stern part number 112-5034-08F. 'F' as in Frosted? I've found them in blinding clear white, but not with frosted/warm white domes as used in Elvira. These bayonet base LEDs just pop in/out, correct?

Comet sells LEDs for the 5v Spike GI: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/stern-spike-general-illumination-bulbs

Yes, the bayonet style twists in/out.

3 weeks later
#11013 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

anyone know where to find an updated rulesheet? Tilt forums hasn't been updated since 2019. thanks

People keep coming up to me at shows saying they like my video. I don't know.

1 week later
#11096 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Still haven’t resolved balls getting stuck in cellar during multiball. Quick question, should a ball even go in the back door when one is already sitting in the cellar VUK? Is the diverter at the back meant to be down stopping this from happening?

The back door is always open. The diverter sends balls to the left orbit when down or through the back board to the lock when up.

#11106 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

When you say the lock do you mean the cellar VUK? Sorry to keep banging on but should it be possible to get 2 balls in the cellar at once? Still trying to solve 2nd ball getting stuck in back door/cellar during multiball.

No. I mean the subway behind the back board.

No. It is not possible to get two balls in the cellar at once.

Quoted from gumnut01:

To reproduce:
1) start multiball
2) pop one in the back door
3) before ball is ejected from cellar VUK, pop another in back door.

Result: first ball ejected from under ramp. 2nd ball never found. Not in VUK. Stuck somewhere. Get cellar operator error.

Based on this description, it sounds as though the 2nd ball gets blocked from rolling into the cellar hole and is sitting on the back door opto hence the cellar error. I'm curious as to: #1) the pitch of your game (too shallow and the ball won't roll forward into the cellar hole); #2) what happens when this occurs and you shake the game? Does the second ball roll into the cellar and then eject?

#11108 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

1) originally 6.5, now 6.8 seems level side to side
2) yes if I shake it like a Polaroid
The game is in a small bedroom and in a corner. If I move it out a bit from the wall, can I see behind the house to investigate? I shall try to do so to see where the hang up is. If I need to see more can I just remove part of the house and not all?
Hey thanks so much for getting back to me. Gives me something to go on.

You can pull the playfield out and investigate, but it's tough to see into the back door. To remove the house, it's all or nothing. Just need a Phillips screwdriver and a looooooong magnetic nut driver. (1 screw in the turret, 2 screws in the roof, 4 screws in each corner of the house attach to playfield) It's pretty easy to do. Just make sure you don't drop any screws. I still can't find one of the roof screws I dropped two years ago. LOL

1 month later
#11298 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

When shooting the house to start a mode, my ball is being immediately released out back instead of being held while the Elvira video plays. Is that normal?

No, but what do you mean by "out back"? The ball should go through the house into the subway behind the backboard and be held by an up/down post until it is released into the pops. If that's not happening, you need to check that post to see if it is operating properly.

1 month later
#11547 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

When should the topper open?

As a general rule, it should activate upon some multiball starts (can't remember if it does on all) and on super jackpots.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11566 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does spinner build the freak fryer? I got to Gappa but only locked 3 balls, now I’m looking for the quickest way to get it going so I can do all 6!

All switch hits increase the Freak Fryer. (150 per level first time - adjustable in settings) Utilize multiball strategy above.

Unfortunately, switch hits during They Came From Space do not count.

2 weeks later
#11681 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm looking for a youtube vid or twitch stream of complete gameplay to Wild Market Value mode. Most of the vids I can find are just going for Gappa but I'd like to see the full game to decide if it's for me, I've played it a bit on location but it's not set up very well. Other games seem to be fairly easy to find final wizard mode streams of and have helped me decide whether to buy or not but not Elvira! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

I don't know if I kept the full game where this happened, but this is the first time I sold the house two years ago.

2 weeks later
#11808 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

What area of the store were they in?

In my store, they were on a mixed endcap between toys and apparel.

1 week later
#11903 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just had my best game yet. ~2.2b. Beat they came from space. Is that the final wizard mode and considered “beating the game”. Or do you have to do it multiple times?

Technically, selling the house is the final "wizard" mode.

#11906 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nm. I missed phone a friend. Got it

You don't even have to start Phone-a-FIEND. Just light it. (This is a bug.)

1 week later
#11959 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not sure about Halloween, but if you complete Sata Claus vs The Martians on Christmas day you get a see a special Chrisan themed Elvira video clip.
If you use insider connected i think there is an achievement if you complete night of the living dead on Friday the 13th.

There is also an achievement for completing The Werewolf of Washington on Halloween.

#11961 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I KNEW IT!! You’re the best, Dude. Love your streams!

No. You're the best!

Also...

#11988 1 year ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Got the achievement today as well. Such a fun game. Is the next specific day achievement the Santa Claus haunt on Christmas Day?

Yes. Don't forget there are two achievements for SCCTM: During December and on December 25. Then you'll have a chance at Friday of the Living Dead in January.

4 weeks later
#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Anybody ever sell the house? What’s your strategy? I pulled my left outlane post tonight trying to get the wheel figured out, it’s kind of fun without it there in a brutal way…….it’s the one objective for selling the house I’ve never achieved

Huh? The wheel has nothing to do with selling the house.

Here are the objectives to light Wild Market Value (Sell the house):
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball. (Just lighting it seems to work.)
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.

What is it you're trying to figure out on the wheel?

I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheap shameless plugs:

#12099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was looking for a clearer path through the game as far as sequence of events / stacking goes and using the wheel awards to your best advantage. I’ve started with getting the crypt MB collected before starting a mode, and trying to be deliberate about which modes I get into early before any multi balls are ready.

As far as collecting wheel awards, go for the multiball extensions first. Keep Ball Save for your last ball or if you drain in a particularly high-point mode.

As far as Garage Mulitballs, I shoot the garage whenever it is lit for a mode shot. If I'm near the end of a mode, I will hold off on starting the multiball. Unfortunately, the multiballs aren't high-scorers, so use them to complete longer haunts like Manos and The Manster.

I also try to start and complete high-scoring haunts early (with trailer bits & trash collects) as you collect the points again during Director's Cut in the same order you completed the haunts. That way if I screw up during DC, the most points are earlier in the mode.

Don't forget to collect junk. It can be helpful/valuable.

Just a few tips...

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

Unfortunately, there is not as much fanfare to go along with selling the house as there should be, but it can be worth a decent amount of points.

#12104 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gappa is the best mode in all of pinball!! Really gets me into the moment. Monster zero is close on GZ , but just not the same.

I love Gappa Angry. It's awesome! But my favorite mode in the game is actually They Came From Space!

#12129 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Got my topper NIB last evening and installed it. Doesn't seem to do anything other than light up. The eyes flash red during dead head but it does absolutely nothing during the rest of the game. She hasn't screamed once and it hasn't opened. I'm on 1.04 code. Any thoughts?

Have you started House Party?
Have you collected a super jackpot during a garage multiball?

Those are two occasions when the topper should activate.

#12186 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Finally remembered to go after the December achievement on SCCTM. Now just need to remember to go after it on Christmas.
[quoted image]

Don't forget Christmas day!

#12189 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just picked up my premium today! Beautiful 1 owner. I have her home and set up and I only see 1 issue. Has anyone else had trouble with the scoop on the right hand side ejecting the ball straight across and down the left drain? This one has done it 3x in a row. I'm sure I can figure something out, but wondering if anyone else has encountered it. Thanks!!

Short term: you can adjust the strength of the VUK in the game settings. There should also be a 2 second ball save whenever the VUK ejects the ball.
Long term: There are several adjustments folks have made to the VUK in this thread including an official Stern fix.

#12245 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yup, you were right....... confirmed with two distros.
So now that $10.5 is going to be proven as acceptable for a premium..... I wonder if they will move the other premiums to match later in the year?
Standardize premium prices (upward of course).

The current price for premiums in 2023 is $9699. That is for cornerstone titles. That doesn't mean there won't be other price increases on cornerstones in 2023, but that is the current price. EHoH is a studio title. Studio titles have no pro version and are priced higher than their cornerstone counterparts.

1 week later
#12373 1 year ago

I will be trying for the achievements on stream tonight.

Very Merry Stream (resized).pngVery Merry Stream (resized).png
#12384 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Does anyone know what the SLE/Sig edition xx/50 Elvira's were new? The MSRP was never published. Not the 40th edition but the dark red signature editions.

Quoted from jfh:

Pretty sure it was $15k

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Believe it or not originally it was $12K

Quoted from kidchrisso:

I remember them being sold with distros for 15k. LE was just under $9900, maybe even $9500.

Here is the original pricing at launch (pulled from the historic price thread):

September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / Premium / $7999
September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / LE (400 only) / $9599
September / 2019 / Elvira House of Horrors / Signature Edition ( 50 only) / Call For Price

The dealers set the price on the SEs. I believe I remember most around $15k.

2 weeks later
#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does anyone actually know how many switch hits are required to advance the freak fryer? Tilt says 25 which is most assuredly incorrect.
Also to sell the house, do you just have to begin the Gappa Angry sequence or do you actually have to start the 6-ball Gappa Angry mode? All the other requirements except Creepo just require starting so I’m hoping for the former.

I believe it was originally 150 switch hits to advance the Freak Fryer, but I know Lyman lowered it. I think the default is now 125. It's in the release notes, but I couldn't find it with a cursory glance. It may be easier to find the default in the game adjustments.

You only have to start Gappa Angry in order to sell the house.

#12528 1 year ago

Okay. So I checked the settings.

The first Freak Fryer level is at 150 switch hits by default.

Each additional level increases by 25 switch hits. (175, 200, 225...)

I knew it couldn't be just 25 switches because that would be way too easy. LOL

20230110_191459 (resized).jpg20230110_191459 (resized).jpg20230110_191515 (resized).jpg20230110_191515 (resized).jpg
#12529 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Does every spin of the spinner count as a switch hit towards the Freak Fryer?

Yes.

#12530 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's only one reference in the readme, and it's way back on v0.90 - says 25, which is probably where the tilt forums rulesheet info came from:
" - Lowered FREAK FRYER increment number of switch hits from 50 to 25 (per
level), which should make getting to GAPPA ANGRY! slightly easier."
It seems like it was changed later and just not updated in the readme file for whatever version that happened on.

Thanks for finding that, Vic. I knew there was something mentioned in there.

#12533 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately, it's very old version of the code and has likely been superseded with a new number of hits, but no record of what they might be.

No. That change still stands. See my post above with pics of the default adjustments.

#12540 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish auto launched balls during multiball did a full orbit rather than being stopped to drop in the pops. I think it's cheesey that you can start a multiball and keep letting balls drain to advance the freak fryer so quickly.
Rob

You can always adjust that number up and/or not let the balls drain if you feel it's too easy.

Quoted from rai:

Are you sure there’s not an option about the full orbit?
I see Jack Danger just letting the balls drain so he can get free switch hits during MB but you don’t have to do that tactic if you think it’s cheap. I guess it depends on if you think it’s too easy to get to Gappa but then you can always up the switch hits needed.

Who do you think suggested that strategy to Jack?

#12569 1 year ago
Quoted from MarklarD:

Thanks for the heads up! Do you recall which window that mode is?

Night of the Living Dead is the bottom right window.

1 week later
#12660 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Just curious, why is EHOH SE/SLE not recognized in the Pinside Machines tab? There were 50 made. But the 40th anniversary SLE is listed, 200 made.

Quoted from PBhead:

Who's the overlord of the pinside database?

It's funny y'all are talking about this.

Did you see what Robin posted? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/operation-premium-le#post-7361542

Would be worth mentioning to him.

#12682 1 year ago

That, and the fact that you lose your out lane ball saver when the ball goes down the out lane when the normal ball saver is on.
Those are my two biggest gripes with the game.

Lyman and I had a conversation about that. He added a setting, but I'm not convinced it works properly. I don't remember the setting number or what it's called, but it's in there. Three options.

#12687 1 year ago

Just looked, it doesn't look like there is an option to prevent the return of the dead ball saver from being used up during normal ball saver.
That kind of leads into another gripe I have with Stern. Their settings UI is awful. A virtual dmd used that displays one adjustment at a time without any real description of the change in a list of over 200 adjustments.
It's garbage and painful to look up settings like that.

Here it is under game adjustments:

20230123_081433 (resized).jpg20230123_081433 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12742 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

Does anyone know about “Pew Pew Pew”? I see it on the menu and am very curious about it. Do you think it will be included on an update?

Lyman obviously had plans for more haunts as indicated by settings in the menu, but it's doubtful Stern would allocate resources to continue to work on the code. Anything is possible, however.

4 weeks later
#13232 1 year ago

I noticed the other day when going through the game settings, there were adjustments for modes not currently in the game such as eegah. I'm a fairly new owner so I'm not sure if these have always been present? Or, did they appear after the last update as a sign of things to come??

No. Lyman had those settings in the game long before it was completed.

#13233 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

There are 6 main haunts with many clips:
Manons the Hands of Fate
Teenagers from Outer Space
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
The Brain That Wouldn't Die
There There are 3 haunts that need to be unlocked via the key from Elviras trunk alosnwitha lot of clips:
Santa Clause Conquers The Martians
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster
Then you have lots of clips from Gappa.mov8e as well during the Gappa Angry mode
Plus there are small clips from a lot of the other movies that are also played during things like the drive me crazy mode, happy hour, phone a fiend, scream test, make-out mayhem, etc.

Don't forget the multiballs!

#13396 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

What is everyone’s choice for non-glare glass? I have a really bad back-box reflection on the upper play field and the machine is too gorgeous to cover the back box!

Set the backbox lighting to a lower level when game is in play.

#13399 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is this an option in the menu?

Yes. It is. You can set backbox lighting levels for attract mode, play mode and service mode. (This applies to all Spike 2 games.)

#13563 1 year ago

I'll be streaming EHoH tonight at 8pm cst if anyone wants to come hang out. Questions about the game, rules, etc... are always welcome. I will do my best to highlight all parts of the game. (The game may have other plans. She can be mean when she wants to.) Hope to see some of you in chat!

www.twitch.tv/pridepinball

#13572 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

For those new Elvira HOH owners that plan on adding DocQuest's video apron mod and want to maintain access to their insider connected QR code reader, I make and sell a mounting kit that allows you to move the reader to the coin door. They can be purchased on Pinside via this link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount
Other offer a simmiliar mod now but I was the first person to design one and offer them for sale. I have sold over 500 of them and would appreciate you buying one directly from me. I have both in my machine and highly recommend them![quoted image]

I have installed two of Gotfrogs adapters (with headphone jack); one in EHoH. Highly recommend.

#13575 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

What kind/color of plastic protectors do you guys recommend? Can’t stand looking at these washers

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0160-00

Whatever you do, do not get the CLIP set from MezelMods. Trust me.

#13577 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Why do you say that? They look sweet.

I installed a set and am slowly removing them. They change the color of the artwork.

#13581 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Not sure I understand..... the red interacts with the lighting? Or something else?
I have a set and just waiting for a game. The pictures look really cool, a Tron-like effect. I figure pinstadiums would really make them pop. So many things protected too......
They aren't good?

Quoted from FlopTube:

What colors look good? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of people using them

The color of the CLIP protectors (red) overpowers the artwork. It turns it red/darkens it. Use clear protectors or the kind that has the middles cut out so only the edge shows. (I forgot what they're called. Don't even know if they're available.)

In the pics below you can see how the red protectors overpower the purple in the artwork.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion after having installed them almost four years ago. I liked them at first, but have come to despise them. The fluorescent edges look great. It just the way it changes the artwork that doesn't.

Elvira Plastic 1 (resized).jpegElvira Plastic 1 (resized).jpegElvira Plastic CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic No CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic No CLIP (resized).jpeg
#13587 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I was looking for your install video and couldn't find it. Was hoping to watch that stream you did..... 20 some pieces, I'm guessing you figured out where they all go

Yeah. The VOD is long gone and I apparently didn't save it to YouTube. I did figure out where they all went. (That one piece under the right ramp by the lower pop bumper.)

#13810 1 year ago

^^^ The above question was resolved in another thread. Standard adjustment #64. ^^^

#13821 1 year ago
Quoted from SacPinDaddy:

I tried to find the Elvira custom code, but it no longer exist on the google drive it was on. Does anyone have a copy they can send me?

Message the creator PoMC

#13837 1 year ago

Two places I've had a ball get stuck: under the right ramp between the opto bracket and the plastic; behind the garage lock rail under the left ramp.

#13910 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question when is the turret on the house supposed to spin? When I start a game the turret spins after that I don’t really pay attention because I’m not looking up at it a lot, in what modes does it spin?

It will spin when you lock a ball in the garage. This is an option in the settings.

It will also spin in House Party when the super jackpot is lit. Collecting the super when the eye is facing you will add a ball (the only add-a-ball in the game).
It will also spin during Attic Attack multiball representing the super jackpot on each of the four sides.

If there are other instances, they are not coming to mind at the moment.

#14016 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Do you happen to know what the setting number is for this? I was looking for it last night and could not find it. I may have missed it. There are a lot of setting to look through.

ADJ > GAME > Adjustment 281 Additional Turret Motor Usage > Game Start + Ball Lock, None, Game Start (Default), Garage Ball Lock

#14115 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

- Are there any specific things which feel "less quality" than the LE version?

The dagger handle shooter rod on the 40th is a plastic joke.

#14195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

How do I get the secret key?

Just added chapters to my "quick" tutorial video.

This will start at the trunk explanation:

#14218 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Ok Fam, being that Elvira is probably one of Stern’s hottest pins in years and has been going strong for almost 4 years now, with rumors of another run planned for later this year. How does one get the maintenance kits listed in the manual?
For example:
Elvira LE/Premium Deluxe Maintenance Kit
All standard kit items, plus:
Flipper rebuild kits, Left and Right (500-6307-10,-00) part # 502-6003-J1 502-6003-J2.

You could go through your dealer, but it's most likely better (and cheaper) to buy what you want from Pinballlife.com. You don't need those "kits".

Also, despite what the manual says, Novus 2 is not a wax. Use Novus 1 for cleaning the playfield. Pinguard Rubber Cleaner is freaking awesome at cleaning rubber. Use a non-synthetic carnauba wax (such as Blitz) for waxing the playfield later. You shouldn't need to rebuild flippers for a while, either, unless you just want to have them on hand. Everything here can be found on PBL.

#14244 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The diverter mech behind the house that moves up and down to capture the ball or let us go around to the left orbit has started moving up and down on its own like it doesn't know where it's supposed to be.

Go into DIAG>GAME>DVRT and test the diverter. There are two microswitches on the assembly that detect where the diverter is: up or down. Perhaps one of them is not registering. I had a somewhat similar problem (but also a motor issue) and Stern sent two new switches and a new assembly.

#14245 1 year ago
Quoted from sicknick550:

Issue 1: The back door will trigger at random moments. It seems to be when other switches are triggered, but there is no consistency to what switches do cause it. Sometimes a can play 1 or 2 games with no issues, then I will have issues for 10-12 games straight. Sometimes it’s 1-2 false triggers, and sometimes it’s over 50 causing a new GC score of false back doors alone.

Have you tried putting the game in switch test then banging on the playfield to see which switch is registering? The problem you describe sounds similar to the right ramp opto issue.

Quoted from sicknick550:

Issue 2: The kicker in the trunk on the left ramp will fire intermittently for no reason. When it does fire it will sometimes fire once, sometimes it’s repeatedly for up to a minute. The strange thing is it will also do it in attract mode, without a game playing (but will also do it during play). I also cleaned Abe aligned these optos with no luck.

There is also a microswitch that detects the first locked ball in the trunk (switch 28 on the switch reference chart). It sounds like that switch may be stuck closed making the game think there is a ball there and therefore firing the kicker.

Just a couple thoughts.

#14257 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

During haunts when I make the cellar shot it registers as a Back-Door Sneak-In rather than as the cellar shot. I've heard this is from the wrong opto connection, is there a correct connection and a simple solution to this?

Yes. Check the connections under the playfield. They are labelled. It sounds as though your cellar opto and backdoor opto connections are switched. See post below with pictures. As another Pinsider found out, it's also possible the connections are mis-labelled.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536205

#14261 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Quick question, how random are the 3 modes in the skeleton key door? Like I got it a few times and only got Santa Claus mode.

They're pretty random with the exception of December when it's most likely to start SCCTM.

#14299 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Guys, just about ready to pull the trigger and get EHOH. Is the shaker integrated well? The locations I played did not have it installed. Any other mod recommendations?

Some of the best shaker code ever.

3 weeks later
#14702 12 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I believe that you get double the super jackpot score in House Party if the eyeball is facing you when you make the shot. It shows which window was lit on the LCD after every super jackpot.

This is incorrect. Shooting the house for a super jackpot when the eye is facing you will add a ball. Strategically, it's wise to save this until the initial ball save has expired.

#14707 12 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

wow did not know this, this is a cool rule.
how does the gar goils gone wild super jackpot work?

Once you start Gar-goils Gone Wild, shoot the orbits and/or the GOIL targets to advance the Garg-Oil Gauge. Once the Gauge is full, the next completion of the targets and/or orbits will award the super jackpot. It takes a combination of any four of the six shots (the four gargoyles and the two orbits) to advance the Gauge.

#14729 12 months ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

What are the ways to light extra ball in EHOH? I know only of the "2 Deadhead" EB.

1. Complete two haunts.
2. Vanquish two dead heads.
3. Collect from the second Wheel of Fate.

I would like to think my tutorials are complete. Here's the most recent:

#14776 12 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got to they came from outer space. That's not the final wizard mode is it? What a great game.

My favorite mode in the game. I would call it the House Wizard Mode. Technically, selling the house is the final "wizard" mode.

1 week later
#14940 11 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

My shaker started squeaking yesterday and it’s drivng me nuts. Found a shaker squeak genie on pinball life: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0559-00_ASSEMBLY
Anyone tried one and what exactly does it do?

LOL... I saw that and bought one for gits & shiggles. I haven't installed it yet, though.

1 week later
#15000 11 months ago

I will be streaming EHoH tonight at 8pm cdt if anyone wants to join chat, hang out, ask questions about rules, etc...

www.twitch.tv/pridepinball

#15016 11 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Yeah it’s hard to imagine how it would help. Do you have shaker squeak? I’d love for you to test it and let me know if it works

So, I finally installed that gizmo prior to the stream Wednesday. At first, I didn't think it was working because the shaker was squeaking. However, after a few minutes, I realized I didn't hear the squeak anymore. So, I guess it works? (For the record, the weights are in default position and usage is set to maximal.)

#15045 11 months ago
Quoted from danek61:

I had similar problems with my shooter lane and put in the plastic protector from pu-parts/mezel mods and it definitely helped the transition to the metal fork which is not aligned on my machine. I was still having inconsistent plunges. I just stumbled upon what I think may have be another factor, playfield alignment. I adjusted the plunger rod as much as possible by repositioning the shooter housing bracket but couldn't get the tip to be exactly in the middle of the ball since the protector adds height to the lane, but the tip was also off left to right as well. Forgive me if this has been mentioned, haven't seen it, but there is a little play sideways when you put the playfield back into position after raising it, I was able to push the playfield towards the right side of the cabinet as far as it allowed and that was just enough to center to plunger tip on the ball and has completely solved my issues. I now have good plunger power and can modulate it without problem. BTW, my auto plunge was always fine. not sure if this will help anyone but seems to have been the cure for me.

I'm curious. For those with newer builds, does you game have the brackets that Stern used to use to center the playfield. It seems as though they've been left off newer games.
bracket (resized).pngbracket (resized).png

Edit: *** If not, I would suggest ordering the left and right switch plates and installing them. You'll need screws, too. ***

#15055 11 months ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Can you post a photo of where these are installed? I know I had them on some of my other Stern games but they aren’t on my EHOH and I can’t remember where they go exactly.

20230525_080245 (resized).jpg20230525_080245 (resized).jpg20230525_080252 (resized).jpg20230525_080252 (resized).jpg
#15056 11 months ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Mine was missing the one on the right, oddly. I ended up buying some L and R brackets to make sure the PF was "centered". Didn't really change anything as far as I can tell.

Maybe they help. Maybe they don't, but it seems there is more lateral movement of the playfield without them causing shooter alignment issues. A friend of mine installed them on his Rush fixing his issues. YMMV.

#15058 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Thanks for showing, now i know what that is. This is to center the PF?
On my game its only on one side. Should it be installed on both?

All I know is Stern used to install them on both sides. They have been on both sides of every Stern I've owned. It's only within the past year (or so?) they have been missing.

#15065 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay that’s contrary to the above. So what are the rewards for each level? If you drain before completing the first Gappy Angry lock do you get anything?

The modes you receive for completing each level of Gappa Angry are listed on the playfield to the right of the Freak Fryer. Each mode/multiball is based on how many balls you locked prior to draining. If you lock one ball, then drain, you are awarded Pool Party. As mentioned, jackpots are scored with pop bumper hits and the mode runs as the game continues in normal play until you drain. If you lock five balls, then drain, you are awarded Run for Your Life, a five-ball multiball. (This is one achievement I have never made as it's too easy to lock the sixth ball.) Each multiball will have jackpot shots lit (round red jackpot inserts). Making all of the lit jackpot shots will light super jackpots (yellow arrows).

Scream Test is my favorite. Four jackpots are lit, but only one is the real jackpot: the scream. You don't know which one. You test the scream by shooting a jackpot shot. If the scream isn't there, the jackpot grows. When you find the scream, you are awarded the jackpot and a scream (along with topper action if present.).

If you drain before locking the first ball, you are awarded nothing. If you drain before locking all six balls, your progress is saved if you make it around to Gappa Angry again.

20230526_062803 (resized).jpg20230526_062803 (resized).jpg
#15067 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

That clears it up thank you!
I was afraid I had the unfinished code as I cannot update from 1.01 (will get region locked out as I seem to have a USA machine in Australia) though game is complete at that point?

You're most welcome!

1.01 is feature complete. There were some minor bug fixes and additions in 1.02.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/ELVIRA_1.06-README.txt

I'm ignorant on the subject of region restriction, but I thought that was embedded in the MPU. I wouldn't think the code would change that. After all, it's all the same code no matter where you are. I don't know. Maybe someone can comment on the subject.

#15069 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question... When does the flap of the topper activate? I've played quite a few games now, and I haven't seen it do anything yet.

At the start of some multiballs and upon collecting some super jackpots.

#15075 11 months ago
Quoted from nightsurfride:

Any ideas on what areas I should be focusing on to find the root cause or has anyone heard or encountered this issue?

Take a look at the opto in the subway behind the back board. It's the one responsible for haunts starting. It may just need cleaning.

#15079 11 months ago
Quoted from nightsurfride:

Nice call. The sensor of the opto was loose when I took a closer look. When I removed the sensor assembly, the sensor fell down to the playfield cabinet. It broke from the 2 solder points on the board and was staying in place loosely by being sandwiched between the board and board mount bracket. This caused intermittent contact and movement of the sensor with vibrations from playing the game resulting in the modes staring at random times.
Thanks for the direction. I owe you a beer. [quoted image]

Sorry it wasn't as simple as cleaning it.

That appears to be the receiver. You should contact your dealer for a replacement. They are also in stock at Pinball Life. (Unless you successfully solder it back together.) Make sure the transmitter is okay as well.

Happy to help!

#15106 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I looked on settings and did not see any adjustments. Can you give me any info on where this is? Thank you s much.

Go to ADJUSTMENTS > GAME
Use the left center button to move backwards through the options.
Topper settings are the last three.

#284 TOPPER SCREAM LOCKOUT TIMER Sets the minimum time, in seconds, between screams. Max is 180.
#283 TOPPER GAME SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate. Max is 100%. Setting it lower will cause the topper to activate less frequently.
#282 TOPPER ATTRACT MODE SCREAM Sets the percentage of time the topper will activate when a flipper button is pressed during attract mode. Max is 100%.

#15110 10 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Thank you. I set it up, no screams on attract mode. No screams except at the beginning of multiball and then the top opens. Does the top only open at the start of multiball. I also did not hear additional scrams during multiball and had it set for 20 seconds.

Multiball start and super jackpots.

#15114 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Hi does anyone know why my elvira game starts a haunt when first loads a game up its just started happening
This is before i even plunge the ball

Most likely, the opto switch in the subway behind the backboard is misaligned, broken, dirty, or otherwise not functioning correctly.

#15118 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The wild market target does nothing at all unless you beat the final wizard mode? Did I read that right?

Hitting it increases the Wild Market Value. Once you do all the things, you start Wild Market Value (Sell the House) at the cellar. You then need to hit the target to sell the house and collect the hurry up.

#15128 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Sorry I'm not sure where this opto is located and does house need taking off for access

You do not need to remove the house. Put the playfield into service position and look behind the back board. You'll see a small black subway with an opto switch and an up/down post. The switch is #54 in the switch reference chart and diagram pages 15 and 17 in the manual. ( https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Elvira_LE_Pre_web.pdf ) There are two sides to the switch: a transmit side (tx) and a receiver side (rx).

A previous owner had a similar issue. Reference this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/302#post-7600062

#15130 10 months ago

Right, but it gives no immediate points or benefit. It's just collecting essentially points that you can potentially get if you beat the final mode?

Correct.

#15136 10 months ago
Quoted from Chaggers:

Cheers I've sorted
Cleaned opto sensor and religned working oerfect now

Yea!

1 week later
#15196 10 months ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

There’s a bunch of foam material wrapped around the rods.

The foam should be removed. The gargoyles were designed to hit the glass just like the frogs in Scared Stiff and the ball in White Water.

Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Are you sure? Mine don’t. I am going to look at the manual and maybe even email stern unless someone has something official.

Cued up to where the designer, Dennis Nordman, says they hit the glass:

#15214 10 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What am I doing wrong or what is my game doing wrong? I've owned this game about 3 months and have never seen the turret turn during a game or light up except when a game is started and reset. So it does work but never got to anything it does? Waste of mechs and money for something rarely used in my opinion. It must be when you rack over 200 million it comes into play and lights up?

Refer to my post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/279#post-7481001

#15248 10 months ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Hi All,
I’m having a problem with my crypt. It cycles through the positions and gets stuck half way closed. It’s close to 100% of the time. Sometimes it cycles and opens properly. This is new. I have taken things apart and I dont see any issue. I’m thinking maybe the mech that opens and closes it needs to be replaced. Has anyone else had a similar issue and fix it?
Thanks

Yes. On this very page.

Here ya go:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/305#post-7635726

#15275 9 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I think the one thing that has stood out to me on this game that is pissing me off is there is no in or outlane acknowledgement. The light above the lane only lights up if you hit targets or something. They dont do anything if the ball goes down any of the lanes when they are not lit. This is boring! No fun lane changing or completing all 4 or anything. I can't believe this game was left like this. Thats what I love most in games like Bond and Metallica. Seriously this is a flaw.

Not a flaw. Not all games follow the same rules. (Thank goodness.) You want the in/outlanes to do something other than sound effects? You have to earn their rewards. Complete Hand of Fate targets to light left outlane to spin the wheel. Vanquish a Deadhead to light the right outlane for a The Dead Return ball save. Complete all six stand-up targets (Hand of Fate and Trunk) to light Double Trouble in the inlanes for 2x scoring (again for 4x scoring). I'm sorry, but none of that is boring. Your lane change is on Double Trouble and the top lanes for bonus x.

1 week later
#15321 9 months ago

Finally got into a good rhythm during The Werewolf of Washington during tonight's stream. Unfortunately, I failed to finish the haunt for even more points, but did score 297 million during the mode.

#15326 9 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Dang! I’m constantly trying to finish modes as quickly as I can to move on. I guess it’s time to combo some shots first.

For the record, the combo shots are only part of TWoW.

#15367 9 months ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Add-a-ball. You can get one during House Party when the turret on the house is facing the proper way. Are there any other add-a-balls? Looking back through the thread it appears that hitting the garage may add one at some point during a multiball?

Believe in Add a Zombie MB it adds a ball

House Party has the only add-a-ball. During Add-a-Zombie multiball, you can shoot the garage to light an additional jackpot shot.

You can collect the Garage and Trunk Multiball Extends on the Hand of Fate wheel.

#15376 9 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Sometimes when making the front door shot it counts the shot also as a back door sneak in. Is this a hardware or software issue?

What are the conditions? Should the ball be going to the left orbit? If so, sometimes the ball may not have enough momentum, or may hit the diverter weird, and instead of rolling around the orbit, it will fall into the back door. I've even had the ball go into the house, hit the diverter, then fall into the garage lock. Stuff happens.

1 week later
#15416 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I think I noticed a bug. Let me know if anyone else has seen this.
When you start a multiball, the free ball save runs for a little bit. If you have the right outlane ball save lit and a ball goes down the right out lane during the start of a multi-ball it still seems to count the right outlane ball save even though the multiball ball save is running already you seem to lose the right out lane ball save.

Quoted from Joker19:

Yes, noticed that also. Not sure if this will ever be addressed, but could be an easy fix when there is another IC update. I'm not expecting new modes, but that should be fixed.

Yes. Lyman and I had a conversation about this. I felt it shouldn't be lost. He did add an adjustment (Feature Adjustment #21), but I'm not convinced it works correctly. Or maybe I'm not understanding what each option does. I believe "ADD TIME" is supposed to use TDR, but add time to the ball save. Now that I think about it, I'm not totally sure how "NONE" and "MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE" are supposed to behave. Hmmmmmm. I may need to take the glass off and try them out.

It was added in v0.97 of the code.
Elvira V.97 Adj 21 Dead Return (resized).pngElvira V.97 Adj 21 Dead Return (resized).png

#15418 9 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Interesting! I also like to figure out these settings, please keep us updated. I did not know about this setting.
What is your deal with EHOH? You seem to be a living dictionary for even the smallest details of the rules, very impressive.
I waited 2 years to get the game and i really love it. But i dont have much time to dig deep into the rules that i usually like to do. The rulesheet is incomplete, so your video tutorials and posts here are very valuable, thanks!

Being a fan of EATPM and SS, when I found out EHoH was coming, I knew I had to have it. After getting it in October 2019, I learned the rules and followed the evolution of Lyman's code updates always reading the change log. When I'm really into something, I tend to remember the details. As far as the rule sheet, I wish I knew how to update it. It's really outdated and incomplete.

As far as the tutorials, streams and posts, I'm happy to be able to help where I can. Thank you!

#15424 9 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Editing the rulesheet on tiltforum is very easy!
You only need a forum account.
Rulesheet is here
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815
Once logged in, youll find an edit button at the end of the rulesheet
[quoted image]

Yeah. I have an account. I am logged in, but I can't find that edit button. ???

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#15427 8 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

You need to earn trust level 1
https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/
But thats fairly easy...
[quoted image]

Ah! There it is! Thanks!

#15432 8 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

Hey all, I was interested in this game but I just noticed that Stern charges more for this than normal games, why is that? Also, I see this is rated in the top 10 and I was wondering is it really that good? I noticed a lot of the newer releases rate higher, maybe because of new bias. Looks fun!

Yes. The game is *that* good.

It commands a higher price because it was a Studio title. Studio titles are special releases where the license is more expensive or more involved or involves a third party. Studio titles exclude the Pro model and are available in Premium, Limited Edition and Super Limited Edition (Batman '66) or Signature Edition (EHoH) and Gold, Platinum, Diamond (The Beatles).

Take rankings with a grain of salt. The only opinion that truly matters is your own.

#15433 8 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well, 4 ball locks, best mech in pinball is the house, the IP, it's really one of sterns best of all time , full package, my opinion.

There are actually five ball locks, but who's counting? LOL

(Trunk, Garage, Cellar, House, Crypt)

#15448 8 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Trailer Trash kinda sucks I think. As soon as you start it, it should be counting down so you need to decide whether to try and boost it by the ramps or collect as is. Since it only starts counting down on the first ramp shot, you are just given too much leeway to fart around. Shoot one ramp and THEN shoot the house. That isn't challenging!

I'm going to disagree with this. I will have to re-verify when the hurry-up actually starts counting down. I'm pretty sure it starts prior to collecting the first bits. Considering the initial hurry-up is worth 50% of your mode points, the first ramp shot (Trailer Bits) increases the hurry-up to 75% of mode points and the second ramp shot increases the hurry-up to 100% of mode points, Trailer Trash is very valuable. If you can strategically plan for Double Trouble (2x playfield) and even Double Double Trouble (4x playfield), you can score huge points. For example, take a look at what Carlos pulled off:

https://www.twitch.tv/laser_los/clip/NaivePreciousDunlinAsianGlow

#15467 8 months ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Howdy deadheads.
Quick question as I don’t see a sticky for it; Understanding the turret is horribly underutilized, is it normal that it almost never spins? Checks out fine in test but I swear I’ve never seen it move. Something I should be looking for? Common problem or such?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/279#post-7481001

Make sure the Turret setting is set to START + GARAGE LOCKS.

1 week later
#15508 8 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I also played they came from space for the first time in this game and had NO idea what to do... any idea?

Starts as multiball. Four phases. Each subsequent phase requires more shots to complete. Shoot lit shots for jackpots. When enough shots have been hit, super jackpot lights at house. Collect super jackpot to add a ball, start a short ball save and advance to next phase. Continues until all four phases are complete (even with one ball) or all balls drain. Once down to one ball, getting a sneaky ball lock in the trunk acts as an extra ball. Completing all four phases awards 100m bonus.

*Note that switch hits during this mode do NOT count towards Gappa Angry.*

#15542 8 months ago

Extra balls only come from beating modes essentially, so no matter how good your doing with points, if your not either defeating dead heads or finishing up 2 haunts, you don't see much. Game is actually pretty tough on giving out extra balls and ball saves.

That's not totally accurate. As mentioned before, you can set replay to award an extra ball instead of a free game. You can even set multiple replay levels.

#15548 8 months ago

Yea but I'm talking about default game settings which I think most folks are gonna be running.

While that may be true, it sounded as if the poster was expecting an extra ball for reaching a certain score level. They should know that option is available to them.

#15618 7 months ago
Quoted from Rozeks:

Hey folks! Joined the club a couple of months back, and like others have experienced, I surprised myself with a multiple billion point GC through very little effort the other night. I did some investigating, it it looks like the right ramp exit opto is triggering with pretty much any vibration to the right ramp. (I don't seem to have an entrance opto triggering at all on the right (my left has enter and exit optos working fine).
I did some searching in this thread for the best solution to this, but haven't stumbled across the best approach. Is there a common fix for this? What's the best approach?
Thanks so much!

There is only one opto pair (ramp exit) on the right ramp. I started with cleaning the ramp and using air to clean the optos. What eventually worked for me was simply tightening the screws that hold the bracket to the ramp. Others have gone as far as to enlarge the holes in the sides of the ramp. Start small and easy and work your way up if you need to. Good luck.

3 weeks later
#15745 7 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Is there a better explanation for the haunts than the Tilt rulesheet anywhere? I'm trying to understand the number of shots needed changing. Thanks

Could you be a little more specific about what you want to know? I will try to help.

#15749 7 months ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I'm just trying to work out why sometimes the number of shots needed for mode completion is different or increases during the modes

Different haunts require different numbers of shots. For most haunts the shot count is increased by 1 for each haunt already played. For example, if you play TFOS as your first haunt, you only need 3 shots before the cellar opens to advance. However, if you play it later, you need up to six shots before the cellar opens. TWoW is the only haunt I can think of where the number of shots needed increases during the haunt. Shooting the combos (white/blue arrows) is worth a ton of points, but adds to the shots required. On the other hand, shooting the blue arrows counts toward shots needed.

I hope that helps. If you have questions regarding specific haunts, let me know.

1 week later
#15818 6 months ago
Quoted from judgejohn:

I am trying to take off the lower piece of the left side ramp to install the anti-airball guard, but not sure how to remove the fastener that sits just above the red light. I don’t see a screw head like the other attachment points. Thanks for any advice.[quoted image]

There are three screws holding that piece on: The small screw through the plastic at the top of your picture, the hex post at the top right of your picture, and the hex post at the top of the sling shot in the right of your picture.

If you need to remove that post for the anti-airball guard, you will be able to do it from under the ramp.

#15839 6 months ago

Just fired up Elvira and logged into Insider hoping to get a Friday the 13th badge. No luck. Is this really a thing or just a rumor? Anyone?

You have to complete Night of the Living Dead to earn the achievement. There isn't a badge.

#15841 6 months ago

Thanks!! Any idea which window in the house is notld?

Of course! Bottom right.

#15842 6 months ago

Here ya go, folks!

Windows (resized).pngWindows (resized).png Added 6 months ago:

Even though I double checked my image before uploading it, I made a mistake on one of the haunt names.

Added 6 months ago:

Here is the link to the new image: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/318#post-7810195

#15859 6 months ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Or didn't already have a "Super Limited" Edition...

For the record, there wasn't an SLE. It was an SE (Signature Edition).

#15873 6 months ago

I managed to make a mistake on one of the haunt names, so here is the corrected image.

Windows (resized).pngWindows (resized).png
#15882 6 months ago

Damn! I want this!

#15953 6 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Surprised this doesn’t have a shaker or HD glass.

I still haven't seen anything that proves it doesn't.

#15962 6 months ago

Nothing concrete yet, but Zach says BRKE should come with a shaker and HD glass just like all other LEs.

#16016 6 months ago
Quoted from Nato01:

Hi guys,
Got a real head scratcher of an issue!! Been pulling my hair out for about a year.
My diverter on the house during some games or some balls will start to go up and down with every switch hit until it stops down and you are then unable to play a mode when the house is unlocked. It is so frustrating.
I have not been able to work out what starts it. Sometimes it might start after playing a mode like last night (they come from outta space). Usually the way to stop it(reset the fault) is to enter the backdoor or lose your ball. Then usually it goes away for a few balls or games.
I’ve tried updating the code, but not the SD card. Tried switch tests.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

I had a similar issue. Have you tried the diagnostic test for the diverter? Diagnostics > Game > Dvtr (I think that's the right path.) Sounds like one of the switches on the diverter (probably the top one) is not registering or staying closed when the diverter moves.

#16061 6 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know the actual part number for the optos on the left ramp? The manual says 515-0215-00, but there is no way. The actual opto leds are super tiny and look surface mounted.

There are two pairs of optos on the left ramp.

515-0215-00 (emitter) and 515-0215-01 (receiver) are the optos for the entrance.

I suspect you're looking for these:

520-8040-00 (emitter) and 520-8039-00 (receiver) are the optos for the exit.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-opto-emitter.html and https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-opto-receiver.html

#16071 6 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

You sir are amazing! TY so much!

You are most welcome! Happy to help!

1 week later
#16181 5 months ago

I am concerned how the notes mention changing the house arrow color. Lyman coded the color for a specific reason. Fingers crossed.

In any case, we'll find out during tonight's stream!

Halloween 2023 (resized).pngHalloween 2023 (resized).png
#16186 5 months ago

There's nothing scarier than when it's Halloween and your game quacks from the other room after updating.

#16187 5 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Is there instructions on how to adjust the crypt? Mine is rolling up when it shouldn't. Then stops in the wrong place and won't advance. Seems to reset on a new game but then starts to act up again.
Thanks Martin

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/226#post-6999812

#16195 5 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How do you update an original LE? I've never done it before. Is it just a case of downloading onto an new SD card? What happens to your high scores?

Download the LE file from Stern. Unzip. There will be three .spk files. Transfer to USB flash drive. Insert drive in USB slot in node zero in the backbox. Turn game on and follow prompts. HSTD tables are unaffected.

The instructions are also in the READ ME file on Stern's website.

#16217 5 months ago

Pew pew pew, this has promise but getting three ray guns is not that common. But at least something new that is kind of neat

Collecting multiple pieces of junk is easier now. Plus, you can collect even more junk during Trunk Multiball.

also in some modes noticing the coloring on some arrows are now off

In the release notes, it is mentioned that they changed the color of some shots to match the mode color. The problem here is that they changed the house arrow colors. No longer does the arrow show when a shot to the house will advance the mode or is the last shot in the mode.

I sincerely hope everyone will send an e-mail to [email protected] asking for this to be changed back the way it was.

#16237 5 months ago

Well like in Manos, the lights flash red and like yellow/green also, its a multicolored flashing shot in that mode, but like as im playing through it, suddenly like one of the lights is flashing pure red only instead of the same normal color as all the rest.

That red flashing arrow is where Debbie is. You have to make that shot to advance the haunt. That's not new.

At the beginning of TBTWD, you have to find a body by shooting the white flashing arrow.

This was a waste of time to change and a change for the worse.

I agree. Whomever decided to "fix" the colors clearly did not understand the logic behind Lyman's choices. I have already sent an email to [email protected] explaining this. I suggest others do the same to encourage Stern to fix the fix.

#16239 5 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

The new junk collection logic is strange. So it basically awards one piece if you complete 36-24-36 and then that same piece again for shooting the left ramp. So its double the items as before...

They made it easier to collect more junk. Previously, the only way to collect more junk was during the Trunk Multiball. Because you need to use the ray gun three times to light Pew Pew Pew, it is now easier to collect more ray guns. You can continue to collect junk prior to locking the ball. I like the change, but deliberately shooting for the targets is dangerous because of the side-to-side action it creates.

The other pieces of junk add points to shots. They increased the values of the junk, so the more you have, the more points your shots score.
The skeleton key now adds 100k to haunt shots in addition to unlocking the locked room. (x # of skeleton keys)
The flask now adds 50k to jackpot shots. (x # of flasks)
The dagger now adds 50k to haunt shots. (x # of daggers)

#16247 5 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

now the insert "junk in the trunk" on left ramp is a little meaningless

You still have to lock balls in the trunk to start JITT multiball. You still have to play two JITT multiballs to be able to start locking balls for Phone-a-Fiend multiball. You can still collect junk (I think 2x) by lighting the super jackpot on the left ramp.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

Thanks for your detailed answer on points. How could you know that? Is it somewhere obviously mentioned in the game?

The points awarded by the junk are shown on screen by the trunk. Previously, all junk added 25k to shots.

Quoted from WizzardRob:

So the dagger now does not make any sense it should be 100k and key should be 50k, otherwise you should always collect more keys, or am i missing something

No. I am. I just played a game to try to confirm the skeleton key award. I was *cough* incorrect. I'm going to have to watch last night's VOD to see exactly when the skeleton key adds points. I'll report back.

*** EDIT ***
Found it in Lyman's readme file:

skeleton key (resized).pngskeleton key (resized).png

So it's the backdoor sneak-in that the skeleton key adds points to! Hmmmm. I'm still going to watch the VOD to confirm.

*** EDIT AGAIN ***

Skeleton Key adds 100k to Back Door Sneak-In.
Still same number of junk awarded during TM super jackpot.

I had an odd circumstance where I drained out out of TM and collected the super jackpot, and was awarded a ray gun, a dagger and a lock all at the same time.
Also, the game doesn't like it if you press the action button (ray gun) before the five second cool down ends. (Sound effect plays.)

#16252 5 months ago

#16253 5 months ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Looks like an exclusive bonus for Kiss edition?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Photo shoot was initially removed from the code early on. They must have returned it to take pictures of the BRK edition. I noticed it during last night's stream. It's not exclusive to the BRKE.

#16256 5 months ago

Photo shoot turns on the playfield lighting so Stern can take promotional pictures.

#16263 5 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Collecting 3 ray guns isn't too difficult. You get one for locking the ball in the trunk and (possibly) two more for collecting a trunk multiball super jackpot (if the ray gun is flashing during that time).

There is a limitation where you can only collect two individual junk item types prior to each trunk multiball. So if you collect 1 raygun during the first multiball and it ends, you cannot collect any more ray guns until you play through phone-a-fiend and reset the junk inserts.

The new code changed the rules. You can now collect multiple of a junk item by completing the targets again (and again...) prior to locking the ball.

#16269 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone know if the red kiss version comes with a shaker or the Stern Version of "VooDoo Glass"?
Thx

Yes. It comes with a shaker and Stern HD Glass.

#16274 5 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

How to increase the points per switch hit in pew pew?

Quoted from EaglePin:

So I'm guessing that after x number of hits the points increase.

pew (resized).pngpew (resized).png

Unfortunately, they don't tell us how many switch hits. I also couldn't find the PEW PEW PEW settings in the menu. Hopefully, they'll be added in the next update. That should tell us the number.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Then I looked up again and it was at 95k per switch

Playing last night, I started PPP inside House Party. Pews got up to 55k fairly quickly thanks to the pops. Unfortunately, I never saw text showing the PPP point total.

#16286 5 months ago

I might have also suggested making "Sell the House" a little more interesting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

548 posts in this topic match your search for posts by skwilson. You are on page 2 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skwilson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/2?tu=skwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.