IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 363.
#51 4 years ago

#350 arrived

D2F9F31C-D2E9-43A6-BA8D-787A75258222 (resized).jpegD2F9F31C-D2E9-43A6-BA8D-787A75258222 (resized).jpeg
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from TUFLYF:

#350 arrived[quoted image]

Another LE in the corner !

#53 4 years ago

Got the call mine was leaving Denver yesterday. #183. Super excited.

#54 4 years ago

Mine is being delivered on Monday!

#55 4 years ago

Cannot wait to get ours delivered at Pinball Expo for Horrorhouse Fest! We would have it now, but having Stern deliver in person is really gonna make this the most amazing thing to happen in my entire life. I started my collection with Scared Stiff, and to have it all somehow turn into this childhood dream come true of not only building an actual haunted attraction, but also having it premiere nationally at the same show Elvira is GOING TO BE AT is mind blowing enough for me. I can now die a happy man... Hope to maybe see you at the show too?! If so, drop by our Hauntcade for some serious magic.

hhf2019_FBCover_pinballexpo.jpghhf2019_FBCover_pinballexpo.jpg
#56 4 years ago

She's here and set up. Here are pics. I'll post videos when they're available.
20191010_104737 (resized).jpg20191010_104737 (resized).jpg20191010_112055 (resized).jpg20191010_112055 (resized).jpg20191010_114128 (resized).jpg20191010_114128 (resized).jpg20191010_115127 (resized).jpg20191010_115127 (resized).jpg20191010_115135 (resized).jpg20191010_115135 (resized).jpg For those concerned about pooling around the posts: 20191010_114152_001 (resized).jpg20191010_114152_001 (resized).jpg20191010_114141 (resized).jpg20191010_114141 (resized).jpg

#57 4 years ago

By the way, I couldn't really discern any detail in the laser-cut side rails from previous pictures. Pretty frickin' sweet!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Owners... Please post pictures!

I've often wondered why this is the case? After we've seen one or two from each tier unboxed then we're DONE... we've SEEN them. With ANY game... or cat pic,etc.

Why add even MORE servers online burning through diesel powered electricity so we can see the SAME pictures...over and over??

I'm hardly a tree hugger but this just seems terribly wasteful. Plus there will undoubtedly be loads more pics when people put in dolls and pinstadiums, etc...

Well I didn't mean for this post to sound so grouchy... damn interweb.

(edit) Also this is just MY pet peeve. Has nothing to do with this particular game and shouldn't make anybody feel defensive. I was just raised frugal and hate to waste resources. Same reason I close off rooms I'm not currently using to save heat or AC. No different.

I'm probably the only person that feels this way I suppose... and obviously if there are any PF aberrations, etc then absolutely put up some pics

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yes it doesnt react in the code

I had some shaker action when completing haunts.

Oh, and they removed the pool floats from the display.

#60 4 years ago

Just arrived #190.

received_722421704896868 (resized).jpegreceived_722421704896868 (resized).jpeg
#61 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Oh, and they removed the pool floats from the display.

Glad about that, as i found those annoying during the JackDanger/Stern unveiling video.

#62 4 years ago

The best part about getting an LE was seeing that spooky 8x10 with Gary Sterns autograph. I think I'm going to frame that probably!

Where is Elvira's autograph on a 9500 dollar machine? She goes to conventions and charges 30 40 bucks... why wouldn't she sign all 500 machines? But I look at the bright side, I got Gary Sterns autograph instead.

On top of all that my trunk was broken... but all else is great because once again I got Gary Sterns autograph! YEAH!

IMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5384 (resized).jpgIMG_5388 (resized).jpgIMG_5388 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5390 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpgIMG_5391 (resized).jpg
#63 4 years ago

So, this isn't great, but here's a video of game play anyway. LOL

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So, this isn't great, but here's a video of game play anyway. LOL

It's fine...and you have the volume cranked nicely. There's also some guys in Belgium playing the heck out of it in the other thread that's a hoot. Fun to hear English interspersed with French throughout ... "le junk in the trunk" !

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The best part about getting an LE was seeing that spooky 8x10 with Gary Sterns autograph. I think I'm going to frame that probably!
Where is Elvira's autograph on a 9500 dollar machine? She goes to conventions and charges 30 40 bucks... why wouldn't she sign all 500 machines? But I look at the bright side, I got Gary Sterns autograph instead.
On top of all that my trunk was broken... but all else is great because once again I got Gary Sterns autograph! YEAH![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

her autograph is on the 16000 sle signature edition. shoulda bought that one.

#66 4 years ago

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the pop bumper graphic is gone. The house looks like the lighting is great and lots of great spooky background music. Looking forward to getting my premium!

#67 4 years ago

LE gets delivered Monday ! Hope I like her

#68 4 years ago

The ramps on this game are underrated. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to play. That right ramp is FAST.

#69 4 years ago

Are your guys shaker working?

#70 4 years ago

#183 being delivered this evening! Woohoo!

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Are your guys shaker working?

Yes. Not a lot, but it does shake when finishing haunts and when scoring super jackpots during multiball.

On another note, so happy to hear, "Ooo, nice organ!"

#72 4 years ago

No bid deal, but found a grammar mistake on the instruction card.

It's under House Party. See if you spot it.

20191011_135032 (resized).jpg20191011_135032 (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago

So anyone know how many video modes can be started via the Mansion? Last I heard it was 6. Anyone also know what six movies these modes are attached to?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No bid deal, but found a grammar mistake on the instruction card.
It's under House Party. See if you spot it.[quoted image]

Should be "Cue" the organ, not "Queue".

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Nah. Your organ has to stand in line like the rest of us to get into this haunted house party.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 4 years ago

If anyone wants to see, I took the glass off and played through the game.

*Spoiler Alert*

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks for posting. Nice to see the pop bumper graphic is gone. The house looks like the lighting is great and lots of great spooky background music. Looking forward to getting my premium!

I have a premium coming. How long do you think?

#78 4 years ago

Your guess is as good as mine. By Halloween would have been tits.

#79 4 years ago

Well worth the wait. I couldn’t see spending the extra money for the rails and glass. So in this case I don’t think there was much difference between the premium and the LE. As long as the play fields are the same I don’t really care

#80 4 years ago

I forgot the cabinet art. I like them both

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If anyone wants to see, I took the glass off and played through the game.
*Spoiler Alert*

Thanks for the video! For a noob like me I always appreciate it when players walk through the machine with the glass off.
When learning a game I stuff the out lanes and the drain with a towel so I don't have to worry about chasing after the balls.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

her autograph is on the 16000 sle signature edition. shoulda bought that one.

NO PINBALL game is worth $16,000 END OF STORY!

I can go to pinball expo, or Monsterpoloza and get her autograph for $40.00 bucks. What else is different? Some different powder coat or something? If I want I can re-powder coat my LE for $100 dollars. A piece of a coach are you kidding me? Who cares?

I bought a Batman Premium and I powder coated myself for $100, bought a Tops Batman card autographed by Adam West for $200, added a few mods, now mine is better than the SLE. I don't have the topper and that is cool for sure... but not worth 20 plus k.

It's a pinball game.

Just saying Elvira could have autographed all 500 LE machines rather than Gary Stern. Would have cost Stern NOTHING!

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Maybe for you. But they line up for mine!

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Maybe for you. But they line up for mine!

Ha ha, but gross...lol

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

NO PINBALL game is worth $16,000 END OF STORY!
I can go to pinball expo, or Monsterpoloza and get her autograph for $40.00 bucks. What else is different? Some different powder coat or something? If I want I can re-powder coat my LE for $100 dollars. A piece of a coach are you kidding me? Who cares?
I bought a Batman Premium and I powder coated myself for $100, bought a Tops Batman card autographed by Adam West for $200, added a few mods, now mine is better than the SLE. I don't have the topper and that is cool for sure... but not worth 20 plus k.
It's a pinball game.
Just saying Elvira could have autographed all 500 LE machines rather than Gary Stern. Would have cost Stern NOTHING!

And at the end of the day, you still have just a batman premium with some mods, and if you ever sell it, that's what it will be worth. As for the comment, end of story, no it is not. Plenty of machines are worth 16k or more. Maybe not to you, and that's ok. But there is a market for them. Pretty sure Stern will sell out of the SLEs.

#86 4 years ago

Anyone else update to 0.83 and now have odd playfield lighting behavior while flipping? Each flip of the left flipper toggles the GI or flashers, and each flip of the right flipper toggles all the RGB lights from R to G to B. Making it rather difficult to know which shots are still needed to finish a mode.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Anyone else update to 0.83 and now have odd playfield lighting behavior while flipping? Each flip of the left flipper toggles the GI or flashers, and each flip of the right flipper toggles all the RGB lights from R to G to B. Making it rather difficult to know which shots are still needed to finish a mode.

Have you tried re-installing the code?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

No I haven't. Can you reinstall the same version of code? I'll give it a try.

#89 4 years ago

Picked her up tonight!!

144A87B0-8CE5-4344-9451-5CF671411A24 (resized).jpeg144A87B0-8CE5-4344-9451-5CF671411A24 (resized).jpeg
#90 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I figured it out. It was because I turned Feature Adjustment #92, "PHOTO SHOOT", on. I now believe that this is a debugging mode they forgot to remove that allows them to configure the lighting of the PF for taking photos.

#91 4 years ago

Quick initial impressions.

First, the stream doesn’t do it justice. IMO streams don’t really do any pin justice. It is beautiful and the house is really amazing. The art is beautiful. The mirrored back glass is stunning.

Second, mine was shipped with .82 code. I don’t know if this is normal but I installed the home settings, all inserts are either on or off. There is no in-between.

Third, my kids loved the layout. This is going to seem as a negative, but it is easily approachable to NooBs.

Final impression, It has Elvira in numerous ways. Elvira showing up on the LCD is worth watching over and over. Never been done before.

Can’t wait to see how this evolves.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

I figured it out. It was because I turned Feature Adjustment #92, "PHOTO SHOOT", on. I now believe that this is a debugging mode they forgot to remove that allows them to configure the lighting of the PF for taking photos.

LOL When I saw that in the adjustments, my first thought was, "There's not a camera in this game" and left it alone. Your definition makes more sense. Good job figuring it out!

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Nah. Your organ has to stand in line like the rest of us to get into this haunted house party.

Now that was funny. Sometimes we can pick em out.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

No I haven't. Can you reinstall the same version of code? I'll give it a try.

Yes you can, you can always do a full image replacement of your SD card also. Stern had the most recent version of code for each current machine available as SD card images. You can try that if reinstalling the code doesn’t work. I reinstalled twice before worked correctly both times.

#95 4 years ago

Here are the haunts and their related windows:

Left of front door:
Top window: "Teenagers from Outer Space"
Left window: "The Brain that Wouldn't Die"
Right window: "The Manster"

Center of house:
Window over front door: House Party - after playing three haunts

Right of front door:
Top window: "Werewolf of Washington"
Middle window: "Manos: The Hands of Fate"
Bottom window: "Night of the Living Dead"

Once a haunt is ready (skull pulsing on steps), a window will start flashing. Use the flippers to move the flashing window: Right flipper moves clockwise; left flipper moves counter-clockwise. When making the shot to start the haunt, remember the flip will change the selected window (a la Dialed In).

I tried collecting a skeleton key to unlock the windows on the far right, but they didn't light up.

#96 4 years ago

I started a new game and hit the backdoor skill shot on the first plunge of the game. It started the haunted house party mode instantly. Has anyone else had that happen yet?

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from kingpin24:

Joining the club! Mine is getting delivered tomorrow

Well, is it awesome? Is it fun to play....? Waiting for mine

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yes. Not a lot, but it does shake when finishing haunts and when scoring super jackpots during multiball.
On another note, so happy to hear, "Ooo, nice organ!"

Well, is it awesome to play? Do you find yourself wanting to play more???

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Well, is it awesome to play? Do you find yourself wanting to play more???

I love it and, yes, I want to play more. Unfortunately, the code needs more development. Of course, I think most of us knew that it wouldn't be complete upon shipping. It's fun and fast. Side-to-side action is brutal. The shots are smooth. The game is beautiful. The existing call outs, video, animations, Elvira herself are all awesome.

This theme is one I love. I love the campy-ness and double-entendre. My first memory of pinball is EATPM. That's why it was my first purchase. I want a Scared Stiff. It carried on the tradition. EHOH is the pinnacle of evolution for this theme. I am amazed at the evolution of pinball and this is the perfect example, in my opinion. EATPM: System 11, simple game play, great speech and music, alpha-numeric display. SS: WPC, advanced game play, great speech and music, DMD with animations. EHOH: Spike 2, even deeper game play, great speech (music to follow), LCD with great visuals and animation.

Can you tell I am totally invested in this game and theme? If you haven't already, check out my YT videos on the game in my other posts.

I think I'll go play a game right now.

Happy ballin'!

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I started a new game and hit the backdoor skill shot on the first plunge of the game. It started the haunted house party mode instantly. Has anyone else had that happen yet?

I will have to explore this because I haven't had it happen, but I've only been able to plunge the back door a couple times.

(That made me giggle.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,131 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/2?hl=cverity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.