IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 363.
#14801 11 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I also added the purple trough light and flipper buttons from comet.

Where did you mount the trough light? I have some extra Comet light strips laying around, but at a glance I didn't see any obvious place to put a strip where it wouldn't be in danger of a ball strike.

#14802 11 months ago

What incline do folks have Elvira set to? I had it set to a little higher on the bubble level in the machine and dunno, it just feels like the balls constantly want to dribble into the outlanes for any little reason. Trying to make it steeper I think is helping but wondering if this game is really more meant to be played on a 7 or so incline for better ball movement? Originally was worried it was too fast so adjusted it up but wondering if not being steep enough is a culprit for so many silly drains going on. It's leveled right to left just fine otherwise.

#14803 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

What incline do folks have Elvira set to? I had it set to a little higher on the bubble level in the machine and dunno, it just feels like the balls constantly want to dribble into the outlanes for any little reason. Trying to make it steeper I think is helping but wondering if this game is really more meant to be played on a 7 or so incline for better ball movement? Originally was worried it was too fast so adjusted it up but wondering if not being steep enough is a culprit for so many silly drains going on. It's leveled right to left just fine otherwise.

For what its worth mine is at 6.5.

#14804 11 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Obviously do what you want is it's your game but you can replace the rubber without removing the ramp.
Step one cut old rubber.
Step two stretch out new rubber slightly and insert into space, once it won't go in any further, get small screwdriver and gently tap rubber it will slide through. Rubber is malleable.
every machine is different but this worked without issue on mine, this required minimal force. If you start with this approach and don't feel comfortable completing this way, then remove the ramp and do it.

That's how I did mine as well

#14805 11 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

For what its worth mine is at 6.5.

Same. Check your R-to-L level

#14806 11 months ago

What incline do folks have Elvira set to?

Personally, I've always set my Stern games right on the line of 6.8/6.9.

#14807 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same. Check your R-to-L level

I have and it's level. The game has very large open areas around the outlanes that makes them juicy targets for drains, but just feels like even the slightest bounce on a post or top of the sling will have the ball go straight for the drain, so wondering if I need it to be steeper at around 7 or so.

#14808 11 months ago

I have a few video display mods I can bring to the Allentown show for those interested.

IMG_3375 (resized).JPGIMG_3375 (resized).JPGpinside.8ca1cb018b6d8284a2e4296156ccc05ab9fd704b (resized).jpgpinside.8ca1cb018b6d8284a2e4296156ccc05ab9fd704b (resized).jpg
#14809 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does this game have a battery for high score saving? I lost all the scores I set yesterday inc 647 million grand champ

My GC score was mysteriously reset, too.

It’s still registered on Insider Connect, but not the game.

#14810 11 months ago

I have and it's level. The game has very large open areas around the outlanes that makes them juicy targets for drains, but just feels like even the slightest bounce on a post or top of the sling will have the ball go straight for the drain, so wondering if I need it to be steeper at around 7 or so.

That description fits a lot of pinball machines, not just EHOH. The top of the sling will often be a dangerous throw to the opposite outlane on a lot of games. And every game has certain angles and posts that are danger spots. Just takes getting familiar with them to learn where you can and can't miss shots and still survive & also nudging to try to keep the ball from going toward those areas.

#14811 11 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

A couple pieces will make a difference and will be nearly invisible. If you have some laying around it would definitely be worth a try.

So you just put the mylar on the edge of the metal a couple pieces, or you wrap it all the war around the edge too? Just the tip would be enough to make a difference?

The worst is during multiball start now, as I got the left orbit adjusted as far as it will go yet the balls still roll down and hit the bottom of the sling which will sometimes launch em, or they just bounce off the bottom tip of the sling and go straight to drain down the middle. During MB start, the balls are ejected slowly and the slow roll makes them just want to bounce and go to drain instead of a flipper which is getting frustrating.

#14812 11 months ago

So you just put the mylar on the edge of the metal a couple pieces, or you wrap it all the war around the edge too? Just the tip would be enough to make a difference?
The worst is during multiball start now, as I got the left orbit adjusted as far as it will go yet the balls still roll down and hit the bottom of the sling which will sometimes launch em, or they just bounce off the bottom tip of the sling and go straight to drain down the middle. During MB start, the balls are ejected slowly and the slow roll makes them just want to bounce and go to drain instead of a flipper which is getting frustrating.

Changing pitch will likely change the issue with MB start. Steeper pitch means the balls drop down sooner. So if you're up around 7.0 drop it back to 6.7/6.8 and the balls will float a little further away from the sling.

I adjusted the orbit guide on mine and when I set my pitch to about 6.7/6.8 it was about just right to have the ball barely miss the sling while still being steep enough to not play floaty.

#14813 11 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/155342

Try this.

#14814 11 months ago

Just put together a video on Elvira's House of Horrors. Lots of new owners here recently - check it out, I do a rules overview that might help you!

#14815 11 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Changing pitch will likely change the issue with MB start. Steeper pitch means the balls drop down sooner. So if you're up around 7.0 drop it back to 6.7/6.8 and the balls will float a little further away from the sling.
I adjusted the orbit guide on mine and when I set my pitch to about 6.7/6.8 it was about just right to have the ball barely miss the sling while still being steep enough to not play floaty.

It was doing that before I moved it to around 7 already, it still does it. It all started after I did the left orbit adjustment actually. But like I mentioned before I have it pulled out as far as it will go so far and still giving me the trouble. Hence me asking about adding mylar to it which some others have mentioned before to further push out the ball. Adjusting my left orbit really has been a pain when it should be simple.

#14816 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I did mention GC. I've turned it off an on a few times and the scores seem to be staying there. I'll check again in the morning. This game has been a PITA to dial in, had to remove a bunch of items to adjust the left orbit so the ball doesn't hit the slingshot on the way down.
The most annoying thing by far is the VUK. I've adjusted the angle of the bracket, grinded the tip of the plunger so the ball rests on it and also adjusted the hood it comes out of. In test the VUK fires truly at the 36/24 target 8 of 10 times, the second I'm in a game it bloody dribbles out or straight down the left outlane! It's extremely inconsistent - are there any more ideas in relation to a fix?

If the ball is dribbling out in some instances, it is likely because it's hitting the playfield on its way up through the vuk and out into the playfield. There are some previous posts about modifying the plastic subway's placement to ensure it is properly centered on the playfield hole. I had to move the subway about an inch to the left to ensure there was no playfield exposed on the right side.

#14817 11 months ago

It was doing that before I moved it to around 7 already, it still does it. It all started after I did the left orbit adjustment actually. But like I mentioned before I have it pulled out as far as it will go so far and still giving me the trouble. Hence me asking about adding mylar to it which some others have mentioned before to further push out the ball. Adjusting my left orbit really has been a pain when it should be simple.

Yeah just put a piece or two on the end of the orbit, no need to wrap it around. With it being pushed all the way out I’d assume one piece should be all you need but if it isn’t just add another piece over the top. It might not be a bad idea to push the guide back in a bit to make the shot easier and then just add an extra piece of mylar to make up for it.

#14818 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

If the ball is dribbling out in some instances, it is likely because it's hitting the playfield on its way up through the vuk and out into the playfield. There are some previous posts about modifying the plastic subway's placement to ensure it is properly centered on the playfield hole. I had to move the subway about an inch to the left to ensure there was no playfield exposed on the right side.

How’d you move the subway? Did you have to drill new holes?

#14819 11 months ago

Having a mild heart attack playing Gappa Angry for the first time:

#14820 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Thats awesome. Nice work.

#14821 11 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How’d you move the subway? Did you have to drill new holes?

I removed the top two, red screws and then I did need to drill a new hole in the top of the subway plastic once I repositioned it. The one screw in the top was all that was needed, the subway is very securely affixed. I don't have an 'after' pic otherwise I would have attached it for ya.

#14822 11 months ago

I noticed in some modes (or at least one mode) the drop target will not fall down on a shot... is that intended or do i have an issue here?

#14823 11 months ago

Drop target is stiff and will sometimes not drop on a straight shot. Backhands from left are better. It's not a mode rule, it's stern hardware.

#14824 11 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I noticed in some modes (or at least one mode) the drop target will not fall down on a shot... is that intended or do i have an issue here?

General rule of thumb is the harder you hit a drop target the less likely it is to fall.

#14825 11 months ago

Well Boys (and girls?), I'm about to join you all. Found, like, the last new in box Elvira on earth. Should get it this week!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14826 11 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

General rule of thumb is the harder you hit a drop target the less likely it is to fall.

Been playing with the spring to see if I can get it to fall most of the time.

#14827 11 months ago

And I was thinking I was going to be last. I am still thinking that. If it is the last I hope everyone is signing it.

#14828 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I watched this the other night Slappy…. Your reaction just made my entire evening! Was so much fun watching you react. I was laughing at you…but WITH you.

#14829 11 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I watched this the other night Slappy…. Your reaction just made my entire evening! Was so much fun watching you react. I was laughing at you…but WITH you.

Lmao thanks! I still laugh watching that one.

#14830 11 months ago

Anyone ever have a shot up the left orbit not register when shot through real fast? Upon testing it seems to work fine but then randomly in games I've noticed a strong shot up the left orbit will not register, so no drive me crazy and like just now on a game of Werewolf of Washington, first shot for the mode up that orbit real fast, didn't register. It's inconsistent, usually works but once in a great while with a fast shot, it won't trigger

#14831 11 months ago

Anyone ever have a shot up the left orbit not register when shot through real fast? Upon testing it seems to work fine but then randomly in games I've noticed a strong shot up the left orbit will not register, so no drive me crazy and like just now on a game of Werewolf of Washington, first shot for the mode up that orbit real fast, didn't register. It's inconsistent, usually works but once in a great while with a fast shot, it won't trigger

Happens very, very rarely on mine also. Like with yours it's on a very fast shot through the orbit. I'm guessing something about that causes the ball to not press the orbit rollover switch fully. If it happened more often on mine I'd be tempted to try bending the wire on the switch to see if that helps, or putting a cabinet bumper in the turn on the ball guide to make sure the ball isn't riding up the side of the guide on those fast shots, but so far it's been so infrequent that I haven't bothered.

#14832 11 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Where did you mount the trough light? I have some extra Comet light strips laying around, but at a glance I didn't see any obvious place to put a strip where it wouldn't be in danger of a ball strike.

You just mount it ti the roof of the apron underneath. I am sure those will come in handy!

#14833 11 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

You just mount it ti the roof of the apron underneath. I am sure those will come in handy!

Let me know what you find out, @betelgeuse. I have a trough light on the way.

#14834 11 months ago

The secret haunt you are given is random? Cause I've only ever gotten Santa so far each time lol

#14835 11 months ago

I’ve had this happen as well, seems to be random.

#14836 11 months ago

Made a few claims that are being ignored by STERN and NITRO. The translite bothers me the most, the bent #2 gargoyle (not functioning) and junktrunk decal (doesnt want to stick down) I'll have to fix if they won't.

Does anybody else's translite look this bad? Hard to believe this is normal. If they all look like garbage, may I buy a glass one from somebody?

bentgoyle (resized).jpgbentgoyle (resized).jpgjunktop (resized).jpgjunktop (resized).jpgtranslitegarbage (resized).jpgtranslitegarbage (resized).jpg
#14837 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Made a few claims that are being ignored by STERN and NITRO. The translite bothers me the most, the bent #2 gargoyle (not functioning) and junktrunk decal (doesnt want to stick down) I'll have to fix if they won't.
Does anybody else's translite look this bad? Hard to believe this is normal. If they all look like garbage, may I buy a glass one from somebody?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That translite doesn’t look right to me. Here is a pic of mine in that same area from the last run.

IMG_3545 (resized).jpegIMG_3545 (resized).jpeg
#14838 11 months ago

My trunk decal doesn't want to stay down either, I was thinking about a little superglue

#14839 11 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That translite doesn’t look right to me. Here is a pic of mine in that same area from the last run.
[quoted image]

Thank you, mine looks like it laid on the concrete floor while somebody walked on it. I would love to buy a mirrored one.

#14840 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My trunk decal doesn't want to stay down either, I was thinking about a little superglue

That's a good idea. I was thinking a hair drier and a ziptie for a few days.

#14841 11 months ago

My crypto vuk decal had issues. Dab of super glue fixed it.

#14842 11 months ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Get yourself a bottle of this stuff. Brush it on with a small brush, let it sit about a minute, and push the decal down. It will never come up on its own again. I LOVE this stuff. So handy to have around. $17 on Amazon, and a bottle lasts forever. Just don't read the warning label

Screenshot_20230502_154756_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230502_154756_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg

#14843 11 months ago

Edit: duplicate post

#14844 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Get yourself a bottle of this stuff. Brush it on with a small brush, let it sit about a minute, and push the decal down. It will never come up on its own again. I LOVE this stuff. So handy to have around. $17 on Amazon, and a bottle lasts forever.
[quoted image]

Thank you, just ordered one.

#14845 11 months ago

Ignorance is bliss. Didn’t realize my junk sticker was up until I saw this thread. Thanks for nothing!

#14846 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

Is it just that the gargoyle rod has a curve to it? It would be pretty easy to bend that straight. If you take the screw out from the bottom of the rod under the playfield, you can lift the whole thing out from topside to flatten it out.

Agree that translite is awful and I would expect a replacement.

#14847 11 months ago

Yeah, that translite is pretty “off.” Id keep on your distro…

* The decal fix is just a bit of adhesive and the gargoyle rod should be easily straightened and add a dab of lube to it… you should be good to go…

#14848 11 months ago
Quoted from freebeer:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you (or anyone else for that matter) knows of a source for a real glass trans light, please post it. I’d love to get one myself.

#14849 11 months ago
Quoted from ggg71:

If you (or anyone else for that matter) knows of a source for a real glass trans light, please post it. I’d love to get one myself.

A cool Pinsider sent me this but I can't navigate Discord. https://xianek.eu/

Elviras_House_of_Horrors_Alternate_Translite_V1A (resized).pngElviras_House_of_Horrors_Alternate_Translite_V1A (resized).png
#14850 11 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Ignorance is bliss. Didn’t realize my junk sticker was up until I saw this thread. Thanks for nothing!

That used to happen to me in the 7th grade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/297 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.