IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 363.
#14651 1 year ago

Mine is recent and works fine in all the key areas. It just needs minor adjustments on the common annoyances but none are game breaking or really defects.

#14652 1 year ago

I feel like the playfield is kind of dark on this game. It's a shame because the artwork is kind of cool.

Has anyone added spotlights or done anything else to help? I'm apprehensive to try Pinstadiums as they seem super expensive.

#14653 1 year ago

I installed some mods this morning. The camper, crypt roof and the Bony Beast. Nothing like coffee and tinkering on my machines in the morning.

BD4F6D01-41DD-4E40-939D-9C00C1FF3212 (resized).jpegBD4F6D01-41DD-4E40-939D-9C00C1FF3212 (resized).jpeg

C0715E17-68B3-4117-8A39-A0D56B62AA7B (resized).jpegC0715E17-68B3-4117-8A39-A0D56B62AA7B (resized).jpeg
#14654 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I installed some mods this morning. The camper, crypt roof and the Bony Beast. Nothing like coffee and tinkering on my machines in the morning.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where did you get the Boney Beast? It looks great!

#14655 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like the playfield is kind of dark on this game. It's a shame because the artwork is kind of cool.
Has anyone added spotlights or done anything else to help? I'm apprehensive to try Pinstadiums as they seem super expensive.

I bought a used set of pinstadiums for 200, worth every penny. Can't play elvira without them now. They are more than just stick on lights, many options in the app, and very easy to use. And I was a huge skeptic going in

#14656 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Where did you get the Boney Beast? It looks great!

Got the parts from Pinball life and painted them. They turned out pretty good.

#14657 1 year ago

Imy machine just started an auto update? Did an update just drop?

#14658 1 year ago

Yes a massive update dropped for all Sterns.

#14659 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I don't know how to do that, but I will research it.

Key posts are fantastic. Use those. But also, I have found that bookmarking works really well for me.
At the bottom of every post there are some grayed out icons. On the left there are two. First one is "Drain Post". essentially hide it from your own view. The second one is "bookmark post". Window pops up, asks you to give it a name for easier reference. then save. In there is a link to "View your bookmarks" which then opens a page with all of your bookmarks listed. I use the game as my first indicator for easy searching. For example "EHOH Left orbit fix". or "GZ - awesome mods" to bookmark someones photo of a well modded pin that I might want to emulate. Basically you can set up sort of a personalized "key posts"

On the shooter lane. Adjusted mine so all square. Auto-plunge will send it up to the pops or all the way around (depending if the gate is open behind the house). Manually I am able to hit the skill shot (6x flashing top rollovers) about 60% of the time. Back door 25% of the time. And the other 15% is rattly and won't make it all the way to the top rollovers. As I said, auto-plunge makes it all time, so these results seem about fine for my taste. ymmv

#14660 1 year ago
Quoted from BFaster:

I have found that bookmarking works really well for me.
At the bottom of every post there are some grayed out icons.

Thanks for the Bookmarks tutorial. I think I have it. I will give this whirl. It sounds helpful! I'm bookmarking your post as my first entry!

#14661 1 year ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Manually I am able to hit the skill shot (6x flashing top rollovers) about 60% of the time. Back door 25% of the time.

One in four attempts at the Back Door? Nice work!

#14662 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I bought a used set of pinstadiums for 200, worth every penny. Can't play elvira without them now. They are more than just stick on lights, many options in the app, and very easy to use. And I was a huge skeptic going in

I threw out 4 sets last year that came on machines on bought. They are Chinese made junk and look ridiculous. Glad you like them but no way I'd pay for them.

#14663 1 year ago

Confession time:
I'm expecting a game next week and I'm worried that mine will be a mess, too. I'm almost afraid to unbox it, set it up, and play it. This is quite ironic of course as I have been stressing out for the last six weeks about missing out after ordering the game last year. I have posted here numerous times hoping for reassurance from other club members, etc. After all that sweating, all that dreading, a game is actually coming, but what kind of game will it be? Will it be better left in the box? I'm concerned.

Somebody a couple pages back mentioned pumping the brakes a bit on unboxing and immediately making adjustments which I 1000% agree with. My build was march 24th and I had to:

1. modify the L orbit, I still recommend just putting a couple strips of Mylar at the end of the orbit, not all this rubber in a rubber nonsense
2. Fix the haunt lock, adjust the plunger and possibly the opto next to it
3. Glue a gargoyle back on

That’s it, pretty simple stuff TBH. Your percentage chance of having a relatively pain free machine is way higher then a severely problematic one

#14664 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I have an old set (not Neo) and set them to about 15% power. It's just enough to see the artwork perfectly and not interfere with the spooky house feel of the game.

#14665 1 year ago

One in four attempts at the Back Door? Nice work!

Well. That's strictly an EHOH average mind you!

But yes, With about a 4/5 plunge I get it up behind the house where it just hesitates for a moment. Often times it will hang until you nudge and it rolls back to the upper rollovers collecting the bonus power up when both are flashing. But, if I give the machine a little shimmy just as the ball gets to the apex behind the house, sometimes it will slow enough to roll and catch on the back door entry. Probably more like 20% of the time. But yeah, reliable enough. And truth is, I think the bonus multiplier is much more valuable than the back door so I am usually trying for that.

But to your point on rattle plunge. Yeah, you should kind of expect that. It seems to happen almost anytime you have the ball falling off af curved ledge. in my experience though, that's more of a problem with a soft plunge. On my EHOH as mentioned it takes about a 4/5 and fairly strong launch to get it behind the house. And at that speed it is clearing that curved ledge just fine apparently. I can tell when I have missed the strength of the plunge as soon as I let it go. And for sure, it's rattling its way up the lane where it might hang on the edge of the first lane guide, then trickle back down the orbit.

Having bagged on slow plunges with curved drop offs, I have to give a quick shout out to the "Abe Flips shooter lane fix" (and its variations) for Godzilla. That did make mine shoot like butter. Maybe someone can eventually figure something out here. But since I am not soft plunging on Elvira it doesn't bother me.

#14666 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

So this is proper?
[quoted image]

I just checked my LE and this is how mine is mounted which works perfectly.

20230423_162237.jpg20230423_162237.jpg
#14667 1 year ago

Art blades dialed in. They came aggressively rolled to tight, not sure why the shop did that except to save a couple bucks on shipping. Ironed them with a towel over them on low. Put a couple coats of turtle wax spray wax on them. For install applied a light mist of distilled water on the the glue side, lifted playfield all the way up, got them lined up, then used a 5” plastic putty knife to smooth and get any bubbles out. Just need to find side armor at a reasonable price and will have all official accessories.

IMG_1193 (resized).jpegIMG_1193 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpeg
#14668 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I just checked my LE and this is how mine is mounted which works perfectly. [quoted image]

This is how mine looks now after adjusted it and works nicely now.

#14669 1 year ago

So is there a final wizard mode in this game? I can’t seem to find any videos on it

#14670 1 year ago

I need some help with the house entry.

when the diverter is UP for starting a mode, a right flipper shot into the house entry will be held by the lock and mode starts as it should almost 100% of the time.

when i shoot the house entry with the left flipper, the mode is started but the ball comes out of the house entry without being hold almost 90% of the time (it does not travel to the lock). only a very weak shot into the entry will have the ball travel to the lock.

Do you have any idea how to fix this and what is causing this behavior?

i tried the velcro trick already:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/175#post-6325790

but it kind of made it worse, because now the rejects from the right flipper shot increase

EDIT: I found a very helpful post about all this, i will try that out first...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/184#post-6359818

plus others mention that velcro should be only installed on the left most part of that subway... also the pitch of the game is relevant. I guess there is alot of trial and error involved here.

#14671 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I wonder if there’s a way to get one of the newer aprons they make with the LEDs in there to work.

#14672 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

So is there a final wizard mode in this game? I can’t seem to find any videos on it

Wild Market Value is the finale where you sell the house. It's super hard to get to apparently as you essentially got to trigger almost every single mode in the game to open it.

#14673 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It's a hurry up shot to the market value target to sell the house after you've done everything to qualify it.

#14674 1 year ago

Is a little play of the diverter plate normal?

#14675 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

You can see in your video that the screws holding the dirvert in place are loose. They need to be tightened up. It shouldn't have that much movement.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14676 1 year ago

Hmm its difficult to see on video, the 2 screws are actially tight i checked that. The play is with the counter plate on the back side. I dont really know how to adjust this that the whole diverter is tightened

I thought that this play might be normal because the diverter needs to travel freely

#14677 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Hmm its difficult to see on video, the 2 screws are actially tight i checked that. The play is with the counter plate on the back side. I dont really know how to adjust this that the whole diverter is tightened
I thought that this play might be normal because the diverter needs to travel freely

I can check my game later tonight but that doesn't look right to me. Maybe the screw installed is wrong (to long).

#14678 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I lost and had to re-install the top screw in my diverter plate. Even after doing that and tightening the second screw well, the diverter plate still has some play in it, similar to what is shown in your video. I am not sure whether it had that play in it before I lost and had to replace the top screw. Fortunately, it seems to be working well now, even with a small amount of play in the plate.

#14679 1 year ago

My crypt door started a new thing last night - after starting a deadhead mode the door started scrolling through its three positions throughout the mode. I didn't feel like dealing with it last night but will try tonight - I imagine it's a switch that needs adjusting. Has anyone else seen this?

#14680 1 year ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

My crypt door started a new thing last night - after starting a deadhead mode the door started scrolling through its three positions throughout the mode. I didn't feel like dealing with it last night but will try tonight - I imagine it's a switch that needs adjusting. Has anyone else seen this?

Check the bracket on the motor that moves the door up and down, may need to be adjusted or came loose.

#14681 1 year ago

Just found a weird bug.

I put up a new GC score on my machine a couple days ago. I remember it vividly. It’s registered as my highest score on Stern Insider, but it is no longer on my machine at all. ‍

#14682 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just found a weird bug.
I put up a new GC score on my machine a couple days ago. I remember it vividly. It’s registered as my highest score on Stern Insider, but it is no longer on my machine at all. ‍♂️

I wonder if it has anything to do with the garbage SD cards they are using. I just ordered a new card off Amazon to hopefully help with the freezing I’m getting.

#14683 1 year ago

Before and after apron mod. Which do you prefer?

04B919C8-1141-4331-9D5F-9134053ADD69 (resized).jpeg04B919C8-1141-4331-9D5F-9134053ADD69 (resized).jpeg28A50CE0-F1C6-4B83-8855-7DDB079432BC (resized).jpeg28A50CE0-F1C6-4B83-8855-7DDB079432BC (resized).jpeg
#14684 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image][quoted image]

is this a trick question?

Looks great!

#14685 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That is pretty damned sweet looking! Don’t hold out on us- where did you get it?!?!

#14686 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Really love this game - I put the full Wizmods kit on it, and I think it really finishes off the artwork nicely - just makes it all continuous. [quoted image]

It's from Wizard mods - I posted this a while back as I thought all their Elvira kit was great.

#14687 12 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It's from Wizard mods - I posted this a while back as I thought all their Elvira kit was great.

Yes that’s it! I also got some other bits from them. Very impressive.

707CE0FF-0149-4898-9F64-D310FFF2588B (resized).jpeg707CE0FF-0149-4898-9F64-D310FFF2588B (resized).jpeg
#14688 12 months ago

For anyone that's curious. Here's what it looks like in red. Also they are magnets not stickers.
They come from overseas so if you're in the US just be aware it's about 2 weeks for shipping but worth it

PXL_20230425_035251645 (resized).jpgPXL_20230425_035251645 (resized).jpg
#14689 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Just found a weird bug.
I put up a new GC score on my machine a couple days ago. I remember it vividly. It’s registered as my highest score on Stern Insider, but it is no longer on my machine at all. ‍

I've never seen that, but I have experienced audits not saving on a JP Premium I used to own. I re-flashed the sd card which fixed the issue.

Or maybe the recent update had an unintended effect? I'm not sure what this means from the last update:

- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.

Rob

#14690 12 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

For anyone that's curious. Here's what it looks like in red. Also they are magnets not stickers.
They come from overseas so if you're in the US just be aware it's about 2 weeks for shipping but worth it
[quoted image]

When you got your package did you think to yourself, how did this package wrapped up like a kilo make it through customs from Portugal!

#14691 12 months ago

Anyone have an idea of where this may have come from? It shot out from under the house ramp. I got a back door shot and when the ramp lifted and gave my ball back this came with it. The ramp dropped immediately after and I haven't taken apart the house to figure it out yet. Love the game so far but man oh mighty, this is my first premium game and it has not been great so far.

signal-2023-04-22-12-03-18-116 (resized).jpgsignal-2023-04-22-12-03-18-116 (resized).jpg
#14692 12 months ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Anyone have an idea of where this may have come from? It shot out from under the house ramp. I got a back door shot and when the ramp lifted and gave my ball back this came with it. The ramp dropped immediately after and I haven't taken apart the house to figure it out yet. Love the game so far but man oh mighty, this is my first premium game and it has not been great so far.
[quoted image]

That looks like the ramp spacer to me. It is only installed on the right side.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/13#post-5291529

#14693 12 months ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

That’s it, pretty simple stuff TBH. Your percentage chance of having a relatively pain free machine is way higher then a severely problematic one

Hi. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad to hear you sorted your game without too much fuss.

#14694 12 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm adding spotlights to mine,just ordered them. I will let you know, I am going to try purple bulbs to keep it lit but spooky.

#14695 12 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Nothing like coffee and tinkering on my machines in the morning.

I love the smell of mylar in the morning!

#14696 12 months ago

What is the point of the top of the attic spinning mech? What information is it relaying to me depending on which side it is on?

#14697 12 months ago
Quoted from robx46:

What is the point of the top of the attic spinning mech? What information is it relaying to me depending on which side it is on?

In the later multiball modes the facing of the house top determines jackpot values apparently when you hit the target if it's spinning. The turret can also be set to spin when you hit the house modes just for fun too but it's off by default.

#14698 12 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

In the later multiball modes the facing of the house top determines jackpot values apparently when you hit the target if it's spinning.

I believe that you get double the super jackpot score in House Party if the eyeball is facing you when you make the shot. It shows which window was lit on the LCD after every super jackpot.

#14699 12 months ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I never had a problem with this before the update,now my game is doing the same thing. That would be one heck of a coincidence if it was not the update.

#14700 12 months ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I never had a problem with this before the update,now my game is doing the same thing. That would be one heck of a coincidence if it was not the update.

It could definitely be a coincidence though. This happened on mine a couple months ago and it was a matter of the mech continuing to work perfectly while playing and then suddenly in the middle of a game the crypt started cycling through its positions. There wasn't any way to see it coming before it happened.

The fix was simply adjusting the position of the screw as described in the key post. And the screw in mine didn't seem like it was loose but after I loosened it, slightly adjusted the position of it in the slot, and then re-tightened it the issue was resolved. Here's the key post showing the screw in the wide slot that needs to be adjusted:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/226#post-6999812

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
18,500 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 294 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/294 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.