IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 362.
#14401 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

My game has never locked up. It also doesn't have Insider Connect installed or the newest updates that supports that product. I don't this is a coincidence.

I think you may be on to something here will keep everyone posted on any further occurrences

#14402 1 year ago

FWIW we've never had a lockup, however I've been lazy and haven't connected it to Insider yet either. It has the kit (2023 model) but not activated.

#14403 1 year ago

my Elvira crashed and restarted this weekend during a tournament and worst of it didn't record the scores. Fortunately I have scorbit and was able to get the scores.

I've also had the ball get stuck in the house (going in via the main door) and it requires playfield up to free - any ideas on what this might be causing this before I dismantle everything.

#14404 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:my Elvira crashed and restarted this weekend during a tournament and worst of it didn't record the scores. Fortunately I have scorbit and was able to get the scores.
I've also had the ball get stuck in the house (going in via the main door) and it requires playfield up to free - any ideas on what this might be causing this before I dismantle everything.

Lifting the field had the ball come out or you had to dig it out?

#14405 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my Elvira crashed and restarted this weekend during a tournament and worst of it didn't record the scores. Fortunately I have scorbit and was able to get the scores.

We have 2 EHOH on location near me here in Wisconsin from the recent run and they freeze and lock up. It happened to me my first ball into the house haunt on a practice game. We left it in the tournament, crossed or fingers and have been getting away with it but its definitely an issue! My home game game has been connected for almost a year and never locked up its something with the new run IMO.

#14406 1 year ago

One common solution for persistent lockup issues is new SD card. Regardless of whether or not the machine has Insider Connected. An LE near me without IC was freezing frequently and a new SD card resolved it. Might not necessarily be the cause on a particular machine but worth trying in order to eliminate it as the problem.

#14407 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Depends on where exactly the ball getting stuck. Sometimes can go through the house and hop on top of the plastic under the left ramp. If that’s the spot yours is ending up in you can place cabinet bumpers to keep it from going into the stuck spot.

#14408 1 year ago
Quoted from amaj:

After over a month of back and forth messages with Stern support, I finally have a fully working EHOH machine! I figured I'd share what I learned in case anyone was having similar problems.
My specific problem was that sometimes, even though the haunt was available to start, I'd shoot into the house and the haunt wouldn't start, and my ball would just loop around and come back. In this case the only way to start a haunt was to get it via the back door skill shot, which wasn't easy to do.
I was able to fix the issue by getting a small pair of pliers and bending the metal actuator a little bit so that when the tab came to push it down, it would actually press the switch. I've attached a picture of my diverter mechanism with the metal tab (on the left) correctly pressing the lower switch and holding the position. My feature mode works perfectly now. It's really subtle and I never would have noticed it without unscrewing and removing my diverter mechanism, which fortunately was pretty straightforward.

Congrats to all the new owners. I love my machine so much, both as a pinball fan and an Elvira superfan.

I've had a couple DMs asking me about how to apply this fix for the ball looping around the house and the haunts not starting. I also scanned the thread and saw more new owners having similar issues, so I thought I'd follow up with a bit more info. Crazy to me that so many machines shipped out with this same error.

First, this fix is specifically for when you shoot the ball into the mansion when the haunt is lit, expecting it to start, and it doesn't start but instead sends it out the back entrance and back onto the field. If your issue is that the haunts DO start but the ball isn't held properly and comes back out onto the field while the clips are still playing, you want this helpful key post instead:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

Second, I apologize for saying that removing the diverter was "straightforward". It's definitely tricky, especially if you're not mechanically inclined!

You don't need to touch the house at all to apply this fix (thankfully). The mechanism is attached behind the back wall of the playfield. To access it, open your machine up and take the glass out, make sure you've removed all the balls from the field so they don't fly everywhere, grab the field by the edge right where the ball drains, lift it up and pull it out a little bit, and use the metal bars underneath to rest it on top of the edge of the machine. You shouldn't need to use any force or anything to get it out to this point, it ought to slide out really easily for maybe a foot or so. That gave me just enough room to get in the gap between the field and the back of the machine to take the diverter out. It would definitely be easier to access if you took the entire playfield out, but IMO that's more trouble than it's worth.

diverter_screw (resized).pngdiverter_screw (resized).png

diverter_back_markup (resized).pngdiverter_back_markup (resized).png

The mechanism is held onto the back wall by four screws. Hopefully the above images show these screws clearly.

The first image is a crop from page 17 of the owner's manual. I circled one of the four screws in red. There is one on the top and a matching one on the bottom. The other two screws are covered up by the 52-53 switch diagram.

The second image is one I took myself and shows what the mechanism looks like from behind. I also circled the four screws that attach the mechanism to the back wall. The thing that makes this tricky is that the two screws on the left side of the image are screwed in towards the back wall, and the two on the right are screwed in on a 90 degree bracket on the mechanism. You can see the bracket pretty clearly in both images.

It might be a little tight to access these screws, but that's all you need to remove to take off the diverter mechanism and apply the fix.

You can, of course, still feel free to DM me if there's any other way I can help you.

Best of luck!

P.S. - It's not necessary for the game to run, but I applied the left guide rail fix in the HurryUpPinball video and it was an absolutely massive QoL upgrade - it cut down drastically on uncontrollable drains. Highly recommend doing it as long as you're opening your machine up.

#14409 1 year ago

Got my table yesterday. No troubles with the trunk or left return, but holy freaking balls... the crypt vuk fires the ball at the speed of light! hit dead center on the targets, but I could feel my game shake as it hit the target and then the glass.

#14410 1 year ago
Quoted from GhostKingG21:

Got my table yesterday. No troubles with the trunk or left return, but holy freaking balls... the crypt vuk fires the ball at the speed of light! hit dead center on the targets, but I could feel my game shake as it hit the target and then the glass.

Lower the power of the VUK, it also shouldn't be hitting the glass

#14411 1 year ago

Is anyone else waiting for a shipping alert?
My distributor is inexplicably waiting until as late as August for the balance of his allocation.

#14412 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

My distributor is inexplicably waiting until as late as August for the balance of his allocation.

I’ve been following your posts…from an outsider looking in…. I worry your chain is being yanked. (Hope im totally wrong)

Have you called around to any other distros at all? At this point there are still some out there… but the question is, how long? If you’re set on a NIB

Just my .02 … not that you asked for it. Just hoping you see this awesome game!

Good luck.

#14413 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Have you called around to any other distros at all?

No, because I’m paid in full where I am.
Thanks for your encouragement though.

#14414 1 year ago

I'm still waiting. I was told Stern was waiting on parts to finish this run and more machines would be available in two weeks, this was on 3/17.

#14415 1 year ago

Do you mind sharing which distributor your buying from? Cause that seems nuts and no one else has Elvira as being run again this year, especially into August

#14416 1 year ago

Good day all, first post on this thread. I received my game last week and the family and I love it.

I have to say I like others am a bit disappointed on having to work or adjust a new game to correct obvious issues that have been noted by owners for some time now. Initially the only problem I encountered with my game was the return from the left orbit hitting the sling, no problem used hurry up pinball's instructions and corrected it.

Last night though had the pleasure of having a gargoyle popping off (left one on crypt) and it didn't appear to have much adhesive present. I also had an issue with the right gargoyle on the house entrance having a hard time going up and down (metal rod was slightly twisted) which was corrected with trial and error by slightly twisting the slide rod (not sure if that is the technical term for the part).

These are not a huge issue to me now that I have experience this with my other stern pros in the past but cant imagine if this was someone's first new game that did not know how to or felt comfortable fixing their shiny new toy.

Anyways I just though I share my experience so far as this did irk me and find it really hard to believe a major company doesn't feel the need to improve upon obvious defects.

#14417 1 year ago

Mine arrives Friday!!

Two years of waiting about to come to an end!!

#14418 1 year ago

I have a complete set of the Medisynal Mods still in the shipping box - dog house, coffin, gargoyle head, and grass pieces, as well as the pop caps that are hard to find. The pop caps were only made for awhile and then the set no longer included them I understand. My game came with the mods on so I don’t need this extra set. I won’t give them away and I don’t know what the value truly is but I’ll take offers if someone would like to add these pieces to their new Elvira. PM me if interested.

#14419 1 year ago
Quoted from Stratman:

I have a complete set of the Medisynal Mods still in the shipping box - dog house, coffin, gargoyle head, and grass pieces, as well as the pop caps that are hard to find. The pop caps were only made for awhile and then the set no longer included them I understand. My game came with the mods on so I don’t need this extra set. I won’t give them away and I don’t know what the value truly is but I’ll take offers if someone would like to add these pieces to their new Elvira. PM me if interested.

Stratman pm sent

#14420 1 year ago
Quoted from Stratman:

The boob bumpers are the best mod ever created.

#14421 1 year ago

Hello Gang. I’m hoping some of you can help me with an issue I’m having with my EHOH which I bought new in early March. It has been playing great for over a month with no real issues. Today, it started rejecting balls from the main house ramp. The rejects happen without a mode starting. Upon closer examination, there is a metal plate at the back of the house ramp which appears to be blocking the ball path. It looks like that plate is supposed to raise, but that’s not happening. I can hear an electric motor running when I start the game (not the turret motor because I hear it after the turret rotates). I also found a bolt and nut in the cabinet under the house, but I do not know if they relate to the house or this issue. I took the attached pictures of the plate behind the house and the nut and bolt I found in the cabinet. The first picture shows a pinball resting against the plate which is obstructing its path.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

1350F11C-774D-4FE4-BA24-E3C43B7FBD4A (resized).jpeg1350F11C-774D-4FE4-BA24-E3C43B7FBD4A (resized).jpeg54FB2F04-59CB-4769-BAF7-5B9BF627AAAD (resized).jpeg54FB2F04-59CB-4769-BAF7-5B9BF627AAAD (resized).jpegB2537A31-4297-4AFF-A0E1-DF42682C9C0E (resized).jpegB2537A31-4297-4AFF-A0E1-DF42682C9C0E (resized).jpegBD081238-9FCE-47BD-AD8D-9B3B644DC7EF (resized).jpegBD081238-9FCE-47BD-AD8D-9B3B644DC7EF (resized).jpegCBC76276-9C4D-43C1-8643-6CD578DC9FC0 (resized).jpegCBC76276-9C4D-43C1-8643-6CD578DC9FC0 (resized).jpegFE4D272D-FCBF-4F00-A975-99C9B8BE7994 (resized).jpegFE4D272D-FCBF-4F00-A975-99C9B8BE7994 (resized).jpeg
#14422 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Hello Gang. I’m hoping some of you can help me with an issue I’m having with my EHOH which I bought new in early March. It has been playing great for over a month with no real issues. Today, it started rejecting balls from the main house ramp. The rejects happen without a mode starting. Upon closer examination, there is a metal plate at the back of the house ramp which appears to be blocking the ball path. It looks like that plate is supposed to raise, but that’s not happening. I can hear an electric motor running when I start the game (not the turret motor because I hear it after the turret rotates). I also found a bolt and nut in the cabinet under the house, but I do not know if they relate to the house or this issue. I took the attached pictures of the plate behind the house and the nut and bolt I found in the cabinet. The first picture shows a pinball resting against the plate which is obstructing its path.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your loose screw / washer go here. That metal plate should hang straight. You can see the shaft it screws into.

Pinside_forum_7526964_1 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7526964_1 (resized).jpg

#14423 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I believe they prefer to be called pop knockers.

#14424 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14425 1 year ago

Your loose screw / washer go here. That metal plate should hang straight. You can see the shaft it screws into.
[quoted image]

Thank you! I was wondering about that. Now to figure out how to get the bolt and nut back in there. The plate is not moving. I may need to remove the house?

#14426 1 year ago

Hi everyone I need some help. Just brought this game home & it is screwy. When I start a game when I launch the ball I immediately get a "ball saved" on the screen & a 2nd ball launches. Every time. Sometimes the ball even launches on its own, again followed by "ball saved" & 2nd ball. Game worked fine when I picked it up. Only thing I've done is install some new balls & upgrade the code from 1.03 to 1.05. All trough switches were tested & work fine so I'm at a loss.

#14427 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Hi everyone I need some help. Just brought this game home & it is screwy. When I start a game when I launch the ball I immediately get a "ball saved" on the screen & a 2nd ball launches. Every time. Sometimes the ball even launches on its own, again followed by "ball saved" & 2nd ball. Game worked fine when I picked it up. Only thing I've done is install some new balls & upgrade the code from 1.03 to 1.05. All trough switches were tested & work fine so I'm at a loss.

It could be something simple like you have an extra ball installed in the game. Double check that before looking elsewhere.

#14428 1 year ago

It could be something simple like you have an extra ball installed in the game. Double check that before looking elsewhere.

Yep that was the first thing I checked. Thanks though. I replaced the balls when I got it home. 6 came out, 6 went in.

#14429 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Check for false hits on your outlane switches. Ball save activates when either of those switches is hit too.

#14430 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Check for false hits on your outlane switches. Ball save activates when either of those switches is hit too.

Yep you nailed it. Right outlane switch was funky although strange because it had seemed fine in switch test. Also I was assuming ball save didn't activate until it hit trough. Thanks!

#14431 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yep you nailed it. Right outlane switch was funky although strange because it had seemed fine in switch test. Also I was assuming ball save didn't activate until it hit trough. Thanks!

So if a switch is weirded out...... what do you do to fix it? Just curious.

#14432 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

So if a switch is weirded out...... what do you do to fix it? Just curious.

The wire needed adjusted, it was stuck on. Not sure how that happens in the course of traveling with a pin but it did. On pressing the switches this one didn't click, so I knew. Just had to do a little bending.

#14433 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Thank you! I was wondering about that. Now to figure out how to get the bolt and nut back in there. The plate is not moving. I may need to remove the house?

I just checked on my EHOH and I was able to access both screws with a long Philips head screwdriver. To access the lower of the two screws you need to press down lightly on the roof of the haunted house that is adjacent to the screw.

I was able to successfully tighten up both screws on my EHOH without removing the house. It took about 5 minutes which included removing the glass and pulling the playfield forward onto the service rails.

Gord

P1030049 (resized).JPGP1030049 (resized).JPG

#14434 1 year ago

Not yet an owner (taking delivery in July). Just want to say I appreciate the collaborative nature of this thread. Encouraging to see!

#14435 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Where does one place an order for a mod this stimulating?

#14436 1 year ago

With secondhand prices of the aftermarket 3D printed mods for this game approaching $1000/set, because they are no longer being made, I'm surprised that no one has come up with a nicer/improved version for a more affordable price, especially considering that there are alot of new game owners with the last batch of games that Stern has built. Heck, I'm even thinking that it might be a lucrative little side business, seeing the demand and the asking prices....

#14437 1 year ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

With secondhand prices of the aftermarket 3D printed mods for this game approaching $1000/set, because they are no longer being made, I'm surprised that no one has come up with a nicer/improved version for a more affordable price, especially considering that there are alot of new game owners with the last batch of games that Stern has built. Heck, I'm even thinking that it might be a lucrative little side business, seeing the demand and the asking prices....

I've wondered the same thing with other games. Like people paying $2500+ for the little plastic cabin and deck that goes on the ship in POTC. Couldn't someone just make a similar, but different cabin for a few hundred dollars and sell a ton of them?

#14438 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I've wondered the same thing with other games. Like people paying $2500+ for the little plastic cabin and deck that goes on the ship in POTC. Couldn't someone just make a similar, but different cabin for a few hundred dollars and sell a ton of them?

If you just print a mod, it is easy. Most mods are also painted. I spent some time painting my EHOH crypt and roof in the attempt to replicate the same look as on the plastics. Time is a factor there.

#14439 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

If you just print a mod, it is easy. Most mods are also painted. I spent some time painting my EHOH crypt and roof in the attempt to replicate the same look as on the plastics. Time is a factor there.

I meant more of like another mod maker making an alternative part. Not necessarily a DIY job. But $1000-3000 also buys a lot of paint and time.

#14440 1 year ago

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I’ve tried changing out the cat5 cables from Node 0 in the backbox to node 9 under the playfield, no change. I tried changing out the cat5 cable from node 9 to node 8, no change. I swapped out node 9 with a new one, still same problem.

#14441 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I’ve tried changing out the cat5 cables from Node 0 in the backbox to node 9 under the playfield, no change. I tried changing out the cat5 cable from node 9 to node 8, no change. I swapped out node 9 with a new one, still same problem.

Please isolate the source of the thunk.
I assume you will get help much faster that way. Raise the playfield to the vertical position (after taking the balls out) and then power on the game.

#14442 1 year ago

How’s the shaker motor in this game? Recommended, or spend the money on other mods?

#14443 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

How’s the shaker motor in this game? Recommended, or spend the money on other mods?

It's great, activates with the thunder, it's a must have I think

#14444 1 year ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I'd start by checking the active switch test to see if any optos or switches are active that shouldn't be.

Sounds like a post firing. Could be the post in the subway behind the backboard. If the opto isn't aligned properly that post will fire repeatedly. Looks like that opto is Switch 54 based on what I see in the manual.

#14445 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's great, activates with the thunder, it's a must have I think

Agreed you have to get a shaker. Not just thunder but it's awesome in Gappa Angry. Also little things like in Teenagers from space clip, when the ship hits the ground the shaker goes off. Little shaker motor details like that which I've never seen in other games. I did change the setting to high usage as I wanted to get all the shaker effects. I highly recommend one.

#14446 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I just checked on my EHOH and I was able to access both screws with a long Philips head screwdriver. To access the lower of the two screws you need to press down lightly on the roof of the haunted house that is adjacent to the screw.
I was able to successfully tighten up both screws on my EHOH without removing the house. It took about 5 minutes which included removing the glass and pulling the playfield forward onto the service rails.
Gord
[quoted image]

Thanks a lot! I haven’t tried it yet. Pinbrew is happening here in Ohio and I didn’t want to get into it while that’s going on. Plus, I don’t think the screw I found in the cabinet is the one that goes in the plate so I have to find or get the proper screw. But I really appreciate the help and the photo of what it should look like!

#14447 1 year ago

What a great game. Very long player.

20230414_093620 (resized).jpg20230414_093620 (resized).jpg
#14448 1 year ago

I put in the LE speaker upgrade. They are 4 ohm. Should I change the setting from 8 ohm to 4 ohm for these speakers?

#14449 1 year ago

Mine just arrived!! Wooohoooo!!!!

You wax it before 1st play right?

#14450 1 year ago

I got mine last Friday, worked great for the weekend and now having all the typical opto firing incorrectly issues. The left ramp one goes crazy once in a while and the score shoots up to 150-300 million on unhappy hour and now the backdoor one is getting confused with front door hits. Please tell me it gets better or if I am just going to have to keep adjusting these every couple of days. I love the game, but for $10.5K I would have expected not to have to take glass off every other day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/289 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.