IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 363.
#14351 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Depending on speed of ball, it will go to the flipper, sometimes the tip of sling and bounces, but usually wont hit the sling dead on. I'm not getting tossed into the outlane so it's not a big deal. Haven't tweaked it yet to be a full on flipper shot cause it's not giving me problems, and because I need to get the rubber sleeve to put in after I move the lane guide. It's funny as my lane guide is kind of loose, so I was able to simply slide it out some, but after a few rounds of play it got pushed back in to how it was shipped.

I just got mine setup this afternoon, and it does the same thing. Depending on speed sometimes to the flipper, sometimes off the top of the sling. I need more games to determine if it's an issue or not.

Very happy so far!

#14352 1 year ago
Quoted from toaster777:

I've got 1 issue left on my machine and that's the control gate is not working - I can never get past the gate to the skill shot, it always blocks it and ends up in the pops. If I run the control gate test it fails - I roll the ball on the right orbit like it says to do and the 3 & 83 light up but 20 never does and then it says the test failed. 83 is the right loop switch but what is 3 and 20? According to the switch reference in the manual, 3 is nothing and 20 is the Trough1 which makes no sense for this test. Does anyone know what 3 and 20 are in this test?
Also does anyone have photos of how the control gate is supposed to look when it's engaged and how it's supposed to look when it's not? I would expect the metal plate to be down when blocking the path and then all the way up when allowing the ball to pass (or metal plate down but not stiff so that a ball can pass). Mine doesn't look right to me. Attached is a photo of how mine is. The ball gets blocked by it but sometimes has even gotten stuck under it. It doesn't make sense that this would be the position to "block" the ball as a ball can get stuck under it like has happened to me a couple of times.
[quoted image]

Best I can do without raising the playfield. But, I can tell from your picture alone, something is loose or disconnected or just not assembled right.

16809865989474289459965554015542 (resized).jpg16809865989474289459965554015542 (resized).jpg20230408_164407 (resized).jpg20230408_164407 (resized).jpg
#14353 1 year ago

I’m still so impressed with the house toy construction. Look at those dormer windows, they could have just made artwork that resembled a window. The attention to detail is pretty awesome. So glad Stern didn’t build the house out of shrinky dink panels, like the safe house in 24, and many other examples. The details are great.

0590DD9E-3104-4664-804B-28AFDF73020A (resized).jpeg0590DD9E-3104-4664-804B-28AFDF73020A (resized).jpeg99F8BF52-302A-4373-973D-665E06013149 (resized).jpeg99F8BF52-302A-4373-973D-665E06013149 (resized).jpegABDBE40D-3598-49B8-9997-C2EA84DD752A (resized).jpegABDBE40D-3598-49B8-9997-C2EA84DD752A (resized).jpegB9FBB217-B63B-4C3C-8B1D-224847287C79 (resized).jpegB9FBB217-B63B-4C3C-8B1D-224847287C79 (resized).jpeg
#14354 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Best I can do without raising the playfield. But, I can tell from your picture alone, something is loose or disconnected or just not assembled right.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. That's more what I expect. Looks like I'll have to take apart the house to get a closer look at what's going on with that unit.

#14355 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

I just got mine setup this afternoon, and it does the same thing. Depending on speed sometimes to the flipper, sometimes off the top of the sling. I need more games to determine if it's an issue or not.
Very happy so far!

I'm not to worried as long as it's not being flung into an outlane like some folks have happen when it hits the sling. The ball is still playable no matter the speed it leaves the left orbit so I'm not in need of adjustment so far.

#14356 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcadecrazy:

Its here
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do the premium come with red trim red legs?

#14357 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

No they do not. Black regular finish.

#14358 1 year ago

Hmm after it being fine for first few weeks, it feels like my shooter is getting more unstead and the shots are very random . I used to be able to dial in that backdoor like butter, but now it's very sloppy shooting, geez what is up. Keep hearing of shooter problems, what are the remedies if anything, or stuff to attempt, it seems all over the place for folks and not a single easy fix?

#14359 1 year ago

Hey guys, just joined the club 2 weeks ago, something has been wrong with my crypt since I got it. it raises to half open, the green arrow in front of it flashes, but you can't shoot the ball in since the door is half open/closed. I removed the opto board , plugged it back in and checked the optos in switch test, all three are working, I went into the crypt test cycled it thru a bunch of times, it stays half open every second cycle it seems. Has anyone else had this problem?? EDIT: Fixed, see 2nd post down.

#14360 1 year ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hey guys, just joined the club 2 weeks ago, something has been wrong with my crypt since I got it. it raises to half open, the green arrow in front of it flashes, but you can't shoot the ball in since the door is half open/closed. I removed the opto board , plugged it back in and checked the optos in switch test, all three are working, I went into the crypt test cycled it thru a bunch of times, it stays half open every second cycle it seems. Has anyone else had this problem??

If your talking about the crypt door did you check the linkage to make sure it’s not binding? the bushing in my door linkage was missing from the factory and there was so much play in the linkage that it was causing some random binding in the linkage if I tried to adjust the door motor so that the door would shut all the way when closed.. I installed bushing and it took the play out of the linkage, then I was able to adjust the door gap. May not be what’s wrong with your game but it’s worth a look.

#14361 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If your talking about the crypt door did you check the linkage to make sure it’s not binding? the bushing in my door linkage was missing from the factory and there was so much play in the linkage that it was causing some random binding in the linkage if I tried to adjust the door motor so that the door would shut all the way when closed.. I installed bushing and it took the play out of the linkage, then I was able to adjust the door gap. May not be what’s wrong with your game but it’s worth a look.

Thanks for your reply, I just figured it out, I had to tweek the position of the motor very slightly, within the slotted allowance, then it worked properly in test, and in a game wit the glass off. It must not have been travelling far enough the catch the one opto properly, even though it showed all 3 optos going on and off in the test cycle.

#14362 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

I thought the same thing. Also I've never seen that color red before on an Elvira. He must have had them standing by.

#14363 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I thought the same thing. Also I've never seen that color red before on an Elvira. He must have had them standing by.

Looks like he had whole armor premade before he got it?

#14364 1 year ago

"Grey Topper standing by!"

"Red Armor standing by!"

Watch out for those towers, boys...

#14365 1 year ago

Got my nib Elvira. Any ways to prevent the gargoyles from hitting the glass?

#14366 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Make sure the screws that are on the bottom side of the rod didn’t fall out.

#14367 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

They are designed to hit,but you can put a small post rubber on them or drill a new hole to prevent if you want. Our game has over 1200 plays, not a mark on the glass above any of them

#14368 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Easiest way is to pick how high you want them to be able to go and use tape as a blocker. Identify what spot on the gargoyle shaft is passing through the slot at the height you want. Then wrap enough tape on the shaft at that spot so the tape blocks the shaft from going up through the slot beyond that point.

#14369 1 year ago

Thanks I'll try some of these tips. I'm just afraid the gargoyles will break off.

#14370 1 year ago

Final mod installed. I might match the bones to the skull but for now it works for me.

09CAA1A6-3541-4CF1-9118-8958E3F7E7F3 (resized).jpeg09CAA1A6-3541-4CF1-9118-8958E3F7E7F3 (resized).jpeg0B16931F-CA56-494C-AD03-21FFD3EB0F8B (resized).jpeg0B16931F-CA56-494C-AD03-21FFD3EB0F8B (resized).jpeg4717E470-3A3E-4611-9D00-F28EFCC50BB1 (resized).jpeg4717E470-3A3E-4611-9D00-F28EFCC50BB1 (resized).jpeg8B7F57FC-7EF8-4BC2-9306-07D7D427FCD7 (resized).jpeg8B7F57FC-7EF8-4BC2-9306-07D7D427FCD7 (resized).jpegB8F8EDC5-6765-469F-8342-3918B56355C6 (resized).jpegB8F8EDC5-6765-469F-8342-3918B56355C6 (resized).jpegEC899A2D-CAA2-4D98-9465-FC91BE377107 (resized).jpegEC899A2D-CAA2-4D98-9465-FC91BE377107 (resized).jpeg
#14371 1 year ago

I joined the Elvira club a few days ago... what a freaking amazing game. I traded my LOTR and some cash for a NIB delivered. Mine was built 15 February 2023. Only issues I've had is a start button that doesn't want to bounce back and lockdown bar button with same issue, but those were easy to fix.

Left orbit seems a little inconsistant, but will adjust that a bit. no issues at all with the trunk.

I'd gotten exactly one play in on one of these pre-covid when I was getting into pinball, and really liked it but these just have not been available. I'm not a horror fan, but the level of campiness in here is just perfect, and the gamplay/coding on this is amazing. I was looking for another longer player if LOTR was going to go, and this one is about as deep as it gets. Still just scratching the surface with rules. Looking forward to nerding out with you guys for some time to come.

20230406_205622 (resized).jpg20230406_205622 (resized).jpg
#14372 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

I put a short length of latex tubing (3/8" OD, 1/4" ID) on each of the rods. 1" long on the two near the house and 1.5" on the two at the crypt. It acts like a shock absorber. I know they're designed to hit the glass, but I have to believe they'll eventually break.

#14373 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Final mod installed. I might match the bones to the skull but for now it works for me. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm really wanting to do this Bony Beast mod, but I don't want to take away from the Medisinyl mod. Is there any reason this won't fit on the left ramp instead of the right?

#14374 1 year ago
Quoted from Sloshy:

Thanks I'll try some of these tips. I'm just afraid the gargoyles will break off.

They're actually more likely to come off if you *don't* allow them to hit the glass, so you may end up re-glue/epoxying them anyway

#14375 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Final mod installed. I might match the bones to the skull but for now it works for me. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you paint the boney beast pieces? If not, where did you get them from? I've seen several places selling them and Marco has different options...if they came that way I'm curious which ones you purchased. It looks good!

Thanks!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14376 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Did you paint the boney beast pieces? If not, where did you get them from? I've seen several places selling them and Marco has different options...if they came that way I'm curious which ones you purchased. It looks good!
Thanks!

I've been eyeing this site for the parts. It's still expensive, but cheaper than Marco. Separately the moving eyes mod is also about $200 to the US.
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/plasticparts/dedicated-plastics-parts

#14377 1 year ago

I've been pining after this pin for so long, but I still can't quite believe how fun it is. Definitely glad I added it to the collection; it was a stupendous hit over the long Easter weekend with family and friends!

One more issue popped up, though, and I'm not readily finding any posts addressing it: when triggering trunk MB via the ramp, the mode almost always launches a single ball only. The mode is still playable, but only with one ball. Once that ball drains, the game searches for lost balls and kicks out the second trunk ball almost immediately. Conversely, when triggering the trunk MB by locking a second ball below the ramp, it starts the mode and kicks out two balls like it should. Any thoughts about what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

#14378 1 year ago

Took delivery today after a year wait. Yay! All is playing fine at this point. The only thing I noticed is....when the ramp comes up....the gargoyle will come up slightly with it on the right side. Is this normal? Do I have to adjust so its not making contact? The lower one on the right will hit the glass. Also normal?

Edit: I see the post above that talks about how to prevent from hitting the glass...I'm ok with it as long as stuff doesn't break.

#14379 1 year ago

Just got to Gappa Angry for the first time today. I think this game will be sticking around for awhile.

#14380 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Took delivery today after a year wait. Yay! All is playing fine at this point. The only thing I noticed is....when the ramp comes up....the gargoyle will come up slightly with it on the right side. Is this normal? Do I have to adjust so its not making contact? The lower one on the right will hit the glass. Also normal?
Edit: I see the post above that talks about how to prevent from hitting the glass...I'm ok with it as long as stuff doesn't break.

I’d say it’s normal. If you watch the Stern announcement trailer on YouTube it even happens on that video.

#14381 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!

Thank you! I ordered the glow in the dark skull from pinball life and I got the ribs from Marco, also the glow in the dark versions. I may paint them to match but frankly I just got everything dialed in so I’m just enjoying playing without having to lift the playfield all the time. I tried a few methods to paint the skull but the one that worked best for me was a quick shot of spray paint then I used a paper towel to remove some paint. Repeated twice. Good luck with your hunt!

#14382 1 year ago

I'm really wanting to do this Bony Beast mod, but I don't want to take away from the Medisinyl mod. Is there any reason this won't fit on the left ramp instead of the right?

It certainly can but the 5v you need is easily reached from the right ramp mounting spot. I just used some Velcro under the mod after I glued a clear plastic underneath.

#14383 1 year ago

I've been eyeing this site for the parts. It's still expensive, but cheaper than Marco. Separately the moving eyes mod is also about $200 to the US.
https://www.buthamburg.de/en/plasticparts/dedicated-plastics-parts

30 ribs for 60 euro is a good price. I think I paid almost $5 each for my ribs and I bought out the remaining stock.

#14384 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

30 ribs for 60 euro is a good price. I think I paid almost $5 each for my ribs and I bought out the remaining stock.

$5 each is a good price too. Marco wants $8 a rib and the only place I see the glow in the dark set wants $300.

#14385 1 year ago

While loving it, man this is such a hard game at times. This has some of the most dangerous outlanes ever it feels, I don't know if it's just me but dang those outlanes are ball drain magnets. And even bounces in the inlanes seem to want to just commit suicide all the time and bounce back out into the outs. Even adjusting the outlanes down, it's tough, and the slings love to chuck the balls straight into those outer drains.

Is it how the areas around the outer lanes were designed, how open they are or what?

#14386 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

€71,40 for 30 decorated ribs. Plus shipping. Nice price though.

#14387 1 year ago

While loving it, man this is such a hard game at times. This has some of the most dangerous outlanes ever it feels, I don't know if it's just me but dang those outlanes are ball drain magnets. And even bounces in the inlanes seem to want to just commit suicide all the time and bounce back out into the outs. Even adjusting the outlanes down, it's tough, and the slings love to chuck the balls straight into those outer drains.
Is it how the areas around the outer lanes were designed, how open they are or what?

Lots of folks turn down the sling power because as you eluded to…they are death if not handled correctly. I’d consider myself a decent player. GC around 300mill. Got gappa once and I have no idea how lol.

#14388 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Lots of folks turn down the sling power because as you eluded to…they are death if not handled correctly. I’d consider myself a decent player. GC around 300mill. Got gappa once and I have no idea how lol.

Slings to outlanes are definitely the most common drains for me as well. Death trap as soon as I see the ball going there. Might turn those down a tad and see.

Got to Gappa also, it is switch hit base, so when you hit enough switches it starts it. You can see the meter in the middle fill the more you play/hit switch.

#14389 1 year ago

Before I got my game I kept reading how "easy" it was, and that might be a reason for not purchasing the game. I'm certainly not a great pinball player, but I agree - I think it's a drain monster. I'm planning to adjust my outlanes down as well. The good news is I've only got ~20 games on it, so plenty of time to make adjustments and try and improve my play.

#14390 1 year ago

The slings/outlanes are tough on mine too. It offsets the relatively easy shots in the game and keeps this from being too long of a player. I even wrote this in my rating. I have not adjusted the power or the outlane posts. This just seems like a real all-or-nothing game. I have a lot of <20mil games, but my best scores are up around 1 Billion. I am not a competitive player, but I have just under 400 games in so far and have got to Gappa many times. Got to Attic Attack, Phone-A-Fiend and Dance Fever only one time each, though.

#14391 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The slings/outlanes are tough on mine too. It offsets the relatively easy shots in the game and keeps this from being too long of a player. I even wrote this in my rating. I have not adjusted the power or the outlane posts. This just seems like a real all-or-nothing game. I have a lot of <20mil games, but my best scores are up around 1 Billion. I am not a competitive player, but I have just under 400 games in so far and have got to Gappa many times. Got to Attic Attack, Phone-A-Fiend and Dance Fever only one time each, though.

I want to make the game a little easier for myself, but one of my competitive buddies would be on there all night.

#14392 1 year ago

I toned down the flipper and sling power a bit, the flippers for sure felt way to strong and like I was murdering those ramps so toning them down. Just not sure on adjusting slings. Even with the outland posts down, it's a tough game. I know many said it was "easy", but i'm finding it to be one of the tougher games I have so far as dang theres so many things flinging stuff at those outlanes

I want to make the game a little easier for myself, but one of my competitive buddies would be on there all night.

They are in the middle by default, moved them to the lowest position the outlane posts, game still feels just as tough. Everyone who comes over and tries it remakes how dangerous the outlanes are on this game. They at least put in the save for the crypt upkicker cause yea the game can just blast the ball bounces straight out.

#14393 1 year ago

Well I'm in the club officially as of Sunday. Sold of LZ (a game that gets unnecessarily crapped on) to fund a NIB Elvira I ordered probably 1 1/2 years ago.

Still trying to get the shots sorted out but loving it so far. I've got about 8 pages of forum to catch up on from all the new owners in the last month but no major issues other than the L orbit feeds to a glance off the L sling, I assume this should feed the L flipper? I'm going to check the level again but otherwise I've used a single strip of mylar on the orbit guide to fix this on other pins in the past, as opposed to trying to adjust metal.

Finally for those of you in this last batch, what's your "Born on" date? I'm March 24th. Could be fun to figure out who was the last off the line.

#14394 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Well I'm in the club officially as of Sunday. Sold of LZ (a game that gets unnecessarily crapped on) to fund a NIB Elvira I ordered probably 1 1/2 years ago.
Still trying to get the shots sorted out but loving it so far. I've got about 8 pages of forum to catch up on from all the new owners in the last month but no major issues other than the L orbit feeds to a glance off the L sling, I assume this should feed the L flipper? I'm going to check the level again but otherwise I've used a single strip of mylar on the orbit guide to fix this on other pins in the past, as opposed to trying to adjust metal.
Finally for those of you in this last batch, what's your "Born on" date? I'm March 24th. Could be fun to figure out who was the last off the line.

I'm also March 24th

#14395 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Mine froze as well after a few hours on. The game reset and was fine after. Hoping it’s not an issue as was some sort of fluke occurrence.

Mine has frozen twice now once when i turned the game on for the first time and the second time was during a three player game start also lost wifi connection at the same time only one insider logged in two regular players strange though. None of my Spike games have ever frozen before. At least it restarted and seemed to be fine after that. Fingers crossed

#14396 1 year ago

Looks like he had whole armor premade before he got it?

Yep been ready for this game for a while

#14397 1 year ago

Joined the club this week. March 15th build. Have a Bond Premium on the way and have been stressing about the state of that code and the uncertain future. Believe it will follow the path of STH and BM66 so sticking with it. But as that launch has been agonizingly slow, I have been reading all of the excited EHOH owners getting their games after waiting an ungodly amount of time. Called a few distro's. Found one within driving distance that had a NIB and picked it up Tuesday. Plays fine. Left orbit tends to send it SDTM on garage releases. Other times hits the left sling or left or even right flipper. Have learned to nudge as it brushes that post and it's all good. Mostly save it, sometimes lose it. VUK kicker is consistently inconsistent, but usually hist the 24-36-24 targets. To me, the variability is fine. Part of pinball. The outlanes? Shake like crazy every time they get near them. Usually save it. Almost always get a warning and sometimes tilt, but to me, that's part of this game's mechanics and charm. Can make it to House Party about every third game, but usually die in a haunt soon after.
Love this pin. You folks were not wrong. It's only a week in, but I can't see ever parting with this game.

Oh yeah:
90 degree plug
Balls were fine
No random hardware lying about in the cabinet
No plugs mis-connected or loose.
All switches appear to be working and scoring properly
Have not yet swapped coil stops (I do that and new balls at 500 plays, should be next week!) but I did a quick check the stops and other mounts under playfield and all seemed secure.
It did freeze three times. Each at the start of movie clips. All three happened in the first 24 hours and haven't happened since. Hoping that was just it settling in as it recovered fine each time has had no issues for the last 250 games.
Looking forward to getting past the second level of Gappa soon.
Godzilla is giving me the side-eye from down the line. I think that one feels a bit abandoned.

#14398 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Got gappa once and I have no idea how lol.

You get to Gappa by maxing out the freak fryer meter, then hitting the house when it's lit. Freak fryer is built up simply by switch hits. So, quickest way to Gappa is good long multiballs, spinner hits, and pop bumpers.

#14399 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The slings/outlanes are tough on mine too. It offsets the relatively easy shots in the game and keeps this from being too long of a player. I even wrote this in my rating

Yeah, I just dropped a 1.7B game the other day, about a month into ownership. Just needed the last deadhead and Phone-a-Fiend to light the sale. Stock sling power, outlanes at factory center hole. Very loose tilt though

Make your shots, keep the ball out of the slings, stay in multiball as much as possible. When not in multiball, stay in control. I shortplunge all manual plunges to a bounce trap on the left (the real skillshot is double-pumping the right oribit switch to get credit for a right orbit shot - really helps when lit in modes/gappa/etc.) Always backhand the garage drop, shooting from right can be deadly. Use multiballs to carry you through modes and collect trailer trash when you got 2x/4x running.

#14400 1 year ago

My game has never locked up. It also doesn't have Insider Connect installed or the newest updates that supports that product. I don't this is a coincidence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 288 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/288 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.