IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 363.
#14151 1 year ago

Mine is sitting in the depot right now, I'll grab it after work.

#14152 1 year ago

Mine is currently in the hands of FedEx
Friday delivery.

#14153 1 year ago

Mines supposed to ship this week as well…won’t believe it until it’s in my garage.

#14154 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

The dremmeling of the VUK plunger did not fix my issue, and mine also has the updated Stern “fix”. Its not complete failure like before but still annoyingly inconsistent, and the primary reason I’m considering selling mine. I’m perfectly happy with the first 2 well functioning Elvira’s that weren’t rushed out the door.

How does one determine whether their machine has the updated “fix” for this issue?

#14155 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Pinball refinery also did my powder coat. Very impressed with the work and communication was on point.
[quoted image]

Looks great. Is that an LE?

#14156 1 year ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

How does one determine whether their machine has the updated “fix” for this issue?

Your VUK should be in the correct spot. Play a game and test it out. The ball should rocket out of the VUK and hit a stand up target. If it doesn't, one of several things could be going on. Hopefully, all is well. There is a lot of good info in this thread and unfortunately some bad. Check with the group before doing anything crazy. Do not dremmel out the VUK. It really doesn't help and you run the risk of damaging it.

#14157 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Got the call today...... dealer receiving their shipment Monday or Tuesday.
Final invoice incoming. I can't believe it, finally happening!!!

Hmm. A distributor in New Mexico is getting the last of its allocation next week? That's slightly encouraging for me, as I still haven't had an alert from my distro regarding my game. I watch all these other buyers get their games on this thread and worry that my little distro will miss out and thus *I* will miss out. I guess I have to give it one more week. Oof!

#14158 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Mine is sitting in the depot right now, I'll grab it after work.

Gosh, even the Canadian distributors seem to be getting the rest of their allocations this week! I would love to get the call already!

#14159 1 year ago

Im getting balls stuck behind the house just past the gate.

Didnt see anything in the key posts.. anyone have a suggestion on this before I start troubleshooti

#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Looks great. Is that an LE?

Thank you! It’s a premium with the 40th anniversary armor but I’ve done quite a bit to it.

#14161 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hmm. A distributor in New Mexico is getting the last of its allocation next week? That's slightly encouraging for me, as I still haven't had an alert from my distro regarding my game. I watch all these other buyers get their games on this thread and worry that my little distro will miss out and thus *I* will miss out. I guess I have to give it one more week. Oof!

There are no distros or dealers in New Mexico.... HA!!!

All the dealers are in places with people with money. LOL!!! I can't imagine how nice it must be to just roll up to a store and load a pinball machine. Of course then we'd need to figure out how to not pay tax and still have the benefit of no shipping cost
Imagine that.

#14162 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

There are no distros or dealers in New Mexico.... HA!!!
All the dealers are in places with people with money. LOL!!! I can't imagine how nice it must be to just roll up to a store and load a pinball machine. Of course then we'd need to figure out how to not pay tax and still have the benefit of no shipping cost
Imagine that.

Jason is freaking out right about now

#14163 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Your VUK should be in the correct spot. Play a game and test it out. The ball should rocket out of the VUK and hit a stand up target. If it doesn't, one of several things could be going on. Hopefully, all is well. There is a lot of good info in this thread and unfortunately some bad. Check with the group before doing anything crazy. Do not dremmel out the VUK. It really doesn't help and you run the risk of damaging it.

It’s hit and miss. Mostly miss. I think I’ve seen most of the posts about it, but I have no idea how to approach a fix. Subway looks like it’s in the right spot, the post thing looks well centered, etc. Any tips on how to diagnose/fix would be much appreciated.

#14164 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Im getting balls stuck behind the house just past the gate.
Didnt see anything in the key posts.. anyone have a suggestion on this before I start troubleshooti

Mine did that when I first got it. I pulled the house, cleaned the optos and re-secured them.

No issues since.

#14165 1 year ago

Here it is, waiting until tomorrow to unbox it.

3AC7B23D-47AC-4EA7-B27D-3D7494944D08 (resized).jpeg3AC7B23D-47AC-4EA7-B27D-3D7494944D08 (resized).jpeg
#14166 1 year ago

It’s hit and miss. Mostly miss. I think I’ve seen most of the posts about it, but I have no idea how to approach a fix. Subway looks like it’s in the right spot, the post thing looks well centered, etc. Any tips on how to diagnose/fix would be much appreciated.

What is the VUK coil power set at? If it isn't at max, turn it up and see if it works better. You can also take a slow-motion video of the ball coming out of the VUK. My guess it is hitting a side wall and losing momentum. Odds are the VUK just needs a slight tweak to work perfectly. See my recent posts for dialing in the VUK. Getting these to work now is actually easy compared to the early days when the VUK was installed in a different location and needed to be moved.

#14167 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

Mine did that when I first got it. I pulled the house, cleaned the optos and re-secured them.
No issues since.

Got it! The gate wire was hanging too low. Bent the prongs up and it clears now.

20230329_232122 (resized).jpg20230329_232122 (resized).jpg
#14168 1 year ago

Arrived today thank you to Michel at player 1!

AC353B4B-D8C3-45C0-9E45-37D1C38F4C10 (resized).jpegAC353B4B-D8C3-45C0-9E45-37D1C38F4C10 (resized).jpeg
#14169 1 year ago

I’m reading all these problem posts. Just curious if it’s the norm? If I get a nib will I be fixing multiple problems or are the problem machines outliers?

#14170 1 year ago

I just took my crypt kicker vuk apart to check a few alignment items that have been covered in previous posts. I've attached a few pics to get opinions on where I stand. I can't tell if the subway needs to be moved or not. There does look to be a piece of the playfield on the right side that is exposed and the ball could be clipping it on the up

PXL_20230330_122047508 (resized).jpgPXL_20230330_122047508 (resized).jpgPXL_20230330_123111465 (resized).jpgPXL_20230330_123111465 (resized).jpg
#14171 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m reading all these problem posts. Just curious if it’s the norm? If I get a nib will I be fixing multiple problems or are the problem machines outliers?

Of course any game is going to have some issues, but there does *appear* to be a larger than normal bunch of issues with this latest run. The launch and shooter lane seems to be a new issue in particular

#14172 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I just took my crypt kicker vuk apart to check a few alignment items that have been covered in previous posts. I've attached a few pics to get opinions on where I stand. I can't tell if the subway needs to be moved or not. There does look to be a piece of the playfield on the right side that is exposed and the ball could be clipping it on the up [quoted image][quoted image]

Yup, I'd move that subway over so that the hole in the playfield is centered.

#14173 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The launch and shooter lane seems to be a new issue in particular

Agree. I've tried messing with mine a bit and can't seem to get it adjusted. Still rattles around in various places and can't get a strong full plunge that goes around the house.

#14174 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Fwiw I just took delivery of a nib premium off the line mid March. I’ve had no issues with the vuk but I did have to pull the left orbit out a bit to prevent balls from hitting the left sling. The post behind the house doesn’t always catch the ball so you start playing the mode while Elvira is still talking and the playfield gi is off. I need to look into that and possibly reposition it to allow for smoother operation. Other than those tweaks it’s been a great game. Best part has been watching my girlfriend go from meh to whoa this is fun!

#14175 1 year ago

Fixed my VUK !!

fires into the 3 targets 100% of the time and even dialed back the power to 235

I used a small square of foam that now cradles the ball I must of went to far into the plunger and this must be compensating for depth but enough to correct it

Super Stoked it’s finally working properly and consistently !!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14176 1 year ago

See my post 10641 for the best VUK fix.

#14177 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Fixed my VUK !!
fires into the 3 targets 100% of the time and even dialed back the power to 235
I used a small square of foam that now cradles the ball I must of went to far into the plunger and this must be compensating for depth but enough to correct it
Super Stoked it’s finally working properly and consistently !!

Can you provide a pic?

#14179 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Majority of the things folks are posting are not really "problems", but adjustments that are optional. The behaviour of the VUK for example, folks still go back and forth on where that thing should be shooting so it's often personal preference. Other tweaks are to make the game smoother and better feeling for folks, not that there is something actually wrong. The left orbit to the sling thing was even seen early on when stern was showing off the game so it's not like they aren't aware or that it wasn't intentional design, but some want to change that trajectory, which is just a simple tweak.

#14180 1 year ago
Quoted from MattW123456:

No issues since.

Started having the same issue. First haunts wouldn’t start, now a ball is stuck. I didn’t want to mess with it as I have mods coming, art blades to install.

#14181 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Of course any game is going to have some issues, but there does *appear* to be a larger than normal bunch of issues with this latest run. The launch and shooter lane seems to be a new issue in particular

I got over 100 plays in out of box without issue. The house issue started likely because the senior alignment was knocked out of alignment. So can’t say I agree with your this run assessment. This is what their 4th run of this game. You have a steel ball smashing into plastic, wood, glass. Parts will get broken over time, knocked out of alignment.

#14182 1 year ago

I'm shocked that people are having some many issues with this game straight out of the box, did Stern forget how to build these or what?

#14183 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm shocked that people are having some many issues with this game straight out of the box, did Stern forget how to build these or what?

You need to ask Zack and Kaneda..... They'll know!!!

#14184 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

You need to ask Zack and Kaneda..... They'll know!!!

Pinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).png
#14185 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I got over 100 plays in out of box without issue. The house issue started likely because the senior alignment was knocked out of alignment. So can’t say I agree with your this run assessment. This is what their 4th run of this game. You have a steel ball smashing into plastic, wood, glass. Parts will get broken over time, knocked out of alignment.

Ok

#14186 1 year ago

I now have parts in place to start making more of the Elvira apron video mods. I switched to a different screen from the same manufacturer since the previous screen is still on back order. I've been testing the new screen for a few weeks and it's working great.

Send me a PM if interested.

ready to build (resized).jpgready to build (resized).jpgnewpscreen (resized).jpgnewpscreen (resized).jpgnew examples (resized).jpgnew examples (resized).jpg
#14187 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I now have parts in place to start making more of the Elvira apron video mods. I switched to a different screen from the same manufacturer since the previous screen is still on back order. I've been testing the new screen for a few weeks and it's working great.
Send me a PM if interested.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was one of your first run. Have there been any changes or upgrades other than a new screen manufacturer?

#14188 1 year ago

So got to love stern. I finally played my nib elvira and my game has the following issues.
1. House registers the haunts but ball just flies out the back door.
2. Garage drop target will not reset and its knocked down. Will stay down until next game is started.
3. Vux hits nowhere near the stand ups
4. Right orbit shot flings right into the left sling.
5. Center button on does not register auto launch.

Those are the few issues I've came across in the 3 plays I have on the machine lol

#14189 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I was one of your first run. Have there been any changes or upgrades other than a new screen manufacturer?

No it's the same screen manufacturer just different model if screen with slightly different size.

New order will have slightly better candy included than the initial runs did.

#14190 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

So got to love stern. I finally played my nib elvira and my game has the following issues.
1. House registers the haunts but ball just flies out the back door.
2. Garage drop target will not reset and its knocked down. Will stay down until next game is started.
3. Vux hits nowhere near the stand ups
4. Right orbit shot flings right into the left sling.
5. Center button on does not register auto launch.
Those are the few issues I've came across in the 3 plays I have on the machine lol

New build here too had similar issues. Did they at least send you the correct amount of balls? I was one short of a full sack. Story of my life…

#14191 1 year ago

How do I get the secret key?

#14192 1 year ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

The three target bank on the left. It'll strobe between different items until a target is hit. Once that is hit, the item is locked in. Hit the remaining targets, then the left ramp to collect the item.

#14193 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

No it's the same screen manufacturer just different model if screen with slightly different size.
New order will have slightly better candy included than the initial runs did.

are you offering a right side monitor so that the scanner can be moved to the coin door and the monitor can take its place?

#14194 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

are you offering a right side monitor so that the scanner can be moved to the coin door and the monitor can take its place?

I have both sides installed in my LE, which didn't have IC from the factory. I added IC to the coin door using the Stern kit.

EHOH Apron.jpgEHOH Apron.jpgEHOH coin door.jpgEHOH coin door.jpg
#14195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ledman62:

Just added chapters to my "quick" tutorial video.

This will start at the trunk explanation:

#14196 1 year ago

Request:

To all of you who are announcing the delivery/setup of NIB pins, would you please tell us the build date of your machine?

That would be super helpful.

Thanks!

#14197 1 year ago

Played the heck out of this game at PHOF today..... what an awesome game!!!

Had such a great time, can't wait to try a non-beatdown version (mine).

What a perfectly fun game. Lyman rocks. We really should have kidnaped him, frozen him, and thawed him out whenever another game needed to be coded...... and then, BACK TO THE FREEZER!!!
RIP Lyman.

#14198 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

New build here too had similar issues. Did they at least send you the correct amount of balls? I was one short of a full sack. Story of my life…

I got a full set, but they were pitted and tarnished so they went right in the trash. I think they found mine in the ‘to be tumbled’ bin or something…

#14199 1 year ago

Request:
To all of you who are announcing the delivery/setup of NIB pins, would you please tell us the build date of your machine?
Thanks!

Mine was Maech 9th 2023

#14200 1 year ago

Request:
Thanks!

EAB5855A-055D-4B53-9A55-973D23564617 (resized).jpegEAB5855A-055D-4B53-9A55-973D23564617 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.