IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 363.
#14101 1 year ago
Quoted from DrHfuhruhurr:

I received my pin Thursday and am very happy to finally join the club. So far, I’ve dialed in a couple of nits (turret rotation and left ball guide) with success. The shooter lane rattles a bit, but I’ve centered up the shooter rod as best I can, and I think I can live with it. Two questions, if you please:
1) I saw the comments about lowering sling power. What’s the ideal setting?
2) When launching a new ball, it occasionally bounces back off of the wire gate guard thing (not sure what it’s called) at the top right of the playfield, just before the pops. I assume that’s not supposed to happen. Any tips?
I’m sure these won’t be my last questions, but thanks for any help!

You can remove the gate easily with 2 screws. Then remove the wire and flip the frame around 180 degrees and insert wire back in. This will bring the entire assembly higher in the lane giving your ball a clear path

#14102 1 year ago

I've got a few more asks for descriptive help in getting my machine dialed in:

1) For those that have completed the crypt vuk "scalloping" that was covered in the latest hurry up pinball Elvira tweak video, did this completely solve your vuk kick out issues? I've confirmed that my new build machines vuk mech was installed in the updated location (I don't have to redrill the holes), but it is crazy inconsistent. I'm hoping to solve this issue once and for all.

2) For those that have resolved their shooter lane issues by adjusting the position of the shooter housing / shooter rod, can you describe what you did? Is the consensus that the ball should travel up the shooter lane and metal fork piece as centered as possible as it drops down into the playfield or be skewed more to the right to drop down to the playfield closer to the right wall?

Thanks!

#14103 1 year ago

FedEx Freight

These photos are from last week. Distributor had me ship it back to stern. Sending another game today to replace it. I noticed a hole in the box but didn’t see any damage, made notation. Then noticed the damaged once unboxed.

43D7B9E8-DD9F-47B7-B10E-AE678D3EE1DC (resized).jpeg43D7B9E8-DD9F-47B7-B10E-AE678D3EE1DC (resized).jpeg
#14104 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Sign me up. Got one on this run. Took about 9 months. Visiting store fronts. Calls and conversations with about 10 people all over the place. Has a January 2023 date. Very happy. First pin. Almost completely worked out of box. There was a random screw on the playfield jamming one of those wires on the upper left so the ball always got stuck there. Pulled the screw and everything works great. Will have to figure where that screw came from. Shipping went smooth image was delivery box cut down as had to verify no damage before sighing off on delivery.
How I prepped the game before play: there was only 1 QA play on the game. So I decided, well premeditated what I was going to treat the surfaces with.
Know this will probably spark controversy as seems everyone has their go to process to clean and “wax” playfield. Stern manual says
Wax with novus2 which is not a wax or finish product but a light abrasive compound developed for automotive and marine. So before I even completed assembly. I lightly cleaned cabinet with 1/5 diluted simple green, there was some residual and even finger prints probably from factory that could be see on cab decals. Then wiped with clean rag. Theeen went with Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions graphene flex spray wax. This is Turtle wax’s most expensive premium product and one of the more expensive automotive finishing lines. About $30 for a bottle. Can be applied to glass, rubber, and plastics went or dry surfaces even in sun. The flex products do not state they can be used on glass, rubber, and plastic. Note majority of the surfaces are plastic or coated with a plastic such as clear coat acrylic. Did all cabinet decals and accessible playfield areas. Allowed to cure for a few hours, lightly buffed. Should offer a decent layer of protection and last a while. Supposed to last up to a year on a car exposed to the elements. I will probably lightly recoat. And clean with a damp towel periodically. When ready for that 500-1000 play service. Will strip with simple green. Recoat. Save this discussion for another thread as how to “wax” and care for a pin is highly debated and discussed. I don’t think there is a one size fits all. And again this is a NIB. Wanted to protect the playfield and surfaces before wear not after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wondering what type of payment you used? Just kidding
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-on-unsecured-payments

Congrats on one of the best games around.

#14105 1 year ago

P1 got a hold me last week for payment, still waiting on shipping to send a tracking number.

#14106 1 year ago

Played a lot over the weekend. Man, I really enjoy this game. So different from our first pin (Iron Maiden). I do have a few basic gameplay/mechanical questions, though:

1. When starting a haunt through the back door, the ball always locks in the house until the intro video is finished. When starting a hunt through the front door, no such lock—meaning it is immediately diverted to the pops and potentially SDTM while the playfield lights are still dark (for the intro video to play out). Surely this is not the intent, is it?

2. Are the flippers farther apart compared to other games? Those SDTM shots are brutal, and it feels like no amount of nudging is going to stop it. I recognize it’s a new game for me, but ball time is LOW so far.

TIA1

#14107 1 year ago

1. When starting a haunt through the back door, the ball always locks in the house until the intro video is finished. When starting a hunt through the front door, no such lock—meaning it is immediately diverted to the pops and potentially SDTM while the playfield lights are still dark (for the intro video to play out). Surely this is not the intent, is it?
2. Are the flippers farther apart compared to other games? Those SDTM shots are brutal, and it feels like no amount of nudging is going to stop it. I recognize it’s a new game for me, but ball time is LOW so far.
TIA1

Somethings wrong with the post that hold the ball in the house subway... I had the same problem and found that the post was snagging on the plastic. It was a easy fix to just bend into shape with my hands.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

Straight down the middle from the pops was something that I just got used to... a nudge when the ball is exiting the pops will keep it from happening.

#14108 1 year ago

Played a lot over the weekend. Man, I really enjoy this game. So different from our first pin (Iron Maiden). I do have a few basic gameplay/mechanical questions, though:
TIA1

If your post seems to be working correctly you might have to add velcro to the subway behind the house. I had the same thing happening, seems to be a pretty common issue. This fixed it for me 100% so far.

27FC5C29-831D-424E-9A0A-19C81A9B42DB (resized).jpeg27FC5C29-831D-424E-9A0A-19C81A9B42DB (resized).jpeg
#14109 1 year ago
Quoted from bwill:

Somethings wrong with the post that hold the ball in the house subway... I had the same problem and found that the post was snagging on the plastic. It was a easy fix to just bend into shape with my hands.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477
Straight down the middle from the pops was something that I just got used to... a nudge when the ball is exiting the pops will keep it from happening.

Another pinsider offered up a solution for the ball going straight down middle from the pops issue. He put a pinball inside the rubber ring directly across from the Wild Market Value stand-up target. You wouldn't noticed the pinball there from the player's position and it essentially changes how the ball bounces around in the area which apparently solves the issue. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm going to the next time I have the glass off. It that works, then what an easy solution to relieve the annoyance.

#14110 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Another pinsider offered up a solution for the ball going straight down middle from the pops issue. He put a pinball inside the rubber ring directly across from the Wild Market Value stand-up target. You wouldn't noticed the pinball there from the player's position and it essentially changes how the ball bounces around in the area which apparently solves the issue. I haven't tried it myself, but I'm going to the next time I have the glass off. It that works, then what an easy solution to relieve the annoyance.

I can confirm this works pretty well. Went from probably 60% STDM out of the pops, to around 10% or less. You may have to adjust the ball a couple of times to get it in the right spot, and you'll still get the odd perfect storm where the ball in play dodges it, but it's massively improved with this 'mod'.

#14111 1 year ago

You can put a larger diameter rubber around the 2 posts, will give you the same effect.

#14112 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

If your post seems to be working correctly you might have to add velcro to the subway behind the house. I had the same thing happening, seems to be a pretty common issue. This fixed it for me 100% so far. [quoted image]

Awesome, thanks! This seems to have fixed it, although now it is occasionally triggering a back door skill shot when shooting through the front door. Any idea why that might happen?

#14113 1 year ago

I've been thinking about "upgrading" my LE to the 40th version, but I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.
- Do you consider the the "40th artwork" on the backglass and side annoying?
- Is the backglass mirrored like the LE?
- Are there any specific things which feel "less quality" than the LE version?

#14114 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I've been thinking about "upgrading" my LE to the 40th version, but I have a few questions I was hoping someone could answer.
- Do you consider the the "40th artwork" on the backglass and side annoying?
- Is the backglass mirrored like the LE?

The 40th is nice and has mirrored bg but personally wouldn’t consider changing from LE.
The LE package all around with the red rails is fantastic.
(Side by side for reference if it helps)
A2AB92DA-E988-4E79-B5A5-AB16FA2D4FD7 (resized).jpegA2AB92DA-E988-4E79-B5A5-AB16FA2D4FD7 (resized).jpeg

#14115 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The dagger handle shooter rod on the 40th is a plastic joke.

#14116 1 year ago

Awesome, I appreciate the info! I have an LE that I’ve been routing which is in fantastic condition (playfield protector, lots of cleaning, etc) but I saw an opportunity where I could sell it for a decent price and buy a nib 40th for my private stock. I personally love the purple trim, but I don’t love the artwork changes or the signed card and shooter. I’m on the fence with the decision.

#14117 1 year ago

I would say it depends on how much you're getting for your LE and how much you're paying for the 40th

#14118 1 year ago

And I'm still waiting for a tracking number for my paid in full pinball machine. Is anyone else on here dealing with P1 in Toronto?

#14119 1 year ago

Can somebody tell me what exactly to buy for Mylar to put in front of the trunk targets?

#14120 1 year ago

Ram into my first issue after the pin worked great for about 100 plays. Going in the front door of the house does not trigger haunts anymore or catch the ball. It just rolls out. I was trying to search for a possible solution. Maybe the optical sensor. Any thoughts or could someone kindly steer me to the right place.

#14121 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Ram into my first issue after the pin worked great for about 100 plays. Going in the front door of the house does not trigger haunts anymore or catch the ball. It just rolls out. I was trying to search for a possible solution. Maybe the optical sensor. Any thoughts or could someone kindly steer me to the right place.

If it won't trigger the haunts, then it's surely the optical switch is out

#14122 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

The 40th is nice and has mirrored bg but personally wouldn’t consider changing from LE.
The LE package all around with the red rails is fantastic.
(Side by side for reference if it helps)
[quoted image]

No one likes a bragger, lol. They both look pretty cool. Not sure worth the expense though. In contrast the Munsters special editions for example offers gameplay differences. Granted everyone says Elvira is a better pin gameplay wise. That sub playfield looks pretty cool. Regardless, the red and purple flake as well as Elvira side art does look very cool.

#14123 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

If it won't trigger the haunts, then it's surely the optical switch is out

Thanks for the help! then I spoke too soon and a ball just got stuck in there. So looks like I will be tinkering with the house like everyone else.

#14124 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The dagger handle shooter rod on the 40th is a plastic joke.

That’s very disappointing. Looks cool in the images.

I just bought a clown and only paid MSRP, so pretty stoked about that find. Also found art blades too. Now on to the topper and side armor

#14125 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

And I'm still waiting for a tracking number for my paid in full pinball machine. Is anyone else on here dealing with P1 in Toronto?

Not Toronto, but got mine last week. Picked it up in Montreal from Ottawa.

Montreal P1 got 12 according to the distro. So I'm assuming Toronto got more. Maybe call Jerry?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14126 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Not Toronto, but got mine last week. Picked it up in Montreal from Ottawa.
Montreal P1 got 12 according to the distro. So I'm assuming Toronto got more. Maybe call Jerry?

Thanks for responding, I spoke to Jerry last week on Friday. He never specifically said they got their machines. He did say they got some machines in their other location. He sent me an email for payment and said he would get back to me shortly with a tracking number.

That was yesterday at 7am. No response since.

#14127 1 year ago

Does anyone have a fix for the left gargoyle target? Mine registered the first game and hasn’t registered hits since. Love the game!

#14128 1 year ago

Anyone remember if Dennis Nordman did any interviews talking about the design of this game? I remember hearing it was mostly his design but that Stern tweaked it somewhat, but I'm having a hard time remembering what the source was, and am trying to verify it. I'd appreciate any pointers to info on the development of this game. Thanks!

#14129 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone remember if Dennis Nordman did any interviews talking about the design of this game? I remember hearing it was mostly his design but that Stern tweaked it somewhat, but I'm having a hard time remembering what the source was, and am trying to verify it. I'd appreciate any pointers to info on the development of this game. Thanks!

#14130 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:Does anyone have a fix for the left gargoyle target? Mine registered the first game and hasn’t registered hits since. Love the game!

Loosen it and realign the 2 pieces of the target assembly and make sure they are straight over the hole down into the playfield, and tighten like crazy! I also added a drop of silicone lube

#14131 1 year ago

Thanks so much EaglePin!

#14132 1 year ago

Playing around making my own mods since all the medinsly mods are discontinued. Found this dead head mod on thingiverse, it is fairly easy to make. My painting skills are not great but turned out ok, going to try it again and see if I can paint it better and use all black for filament for the sign.

I am also playing with making some creepy trees.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14133 1 year ago

Got the Clown shooter knob and Art Blades.
Almost want to keep it wrapped, feel like this will get all grimey and color worn off.

8F1F6C11-3499-4F29-B7A5-EEB659B3BE4D (resized).jpeg8F1F6C11-3499-4F29-B7A5-EEB659B3BE4D (resized).jpeg
#14134 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Almost want to keep it wrapped, feel like this will get all grimey and color worn off. [quoted image]

They hold up very well, I always install the Stern shooters on my games, never had any issues. A couple of the other ones are just like this one and they held up. I guess if you have a bunch of kids messing with it, greasy hands, stuff like that - maybe not.

#14135 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

Almost want to keep it wrapped, feel like this will get all grimey and color worn off. [quoted image]

Had mine installed since day 1
No issues

Open it up

Enjoy Life !!

#14136 1 year ago

Is the side armor readily available anywhere?

#14137 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Is the side armor readily available anywhere?

I don’t believe many distributors have any stock left but have seen in market frequently

Pretty sure Stern is done with making add one for this title

#14138 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

There is a launch/gameplay video with Jack and the three designers. I just watched it, and it's a little difficult to get though for obvious reasons. There's some info they discuss about the genesis of the game.

#14139 1 year ago

Got my Elvira back up and working. Wow that sucked! Took about 4 hours and changed out a few boards. Had to take 1/3 of the top of the playfield off. What we believe happened is the opto’s for the 3 ball lock (wild women multiball) grounded or shorted out. One of the opto boards should have tape on it to protect the solder joints from touching metal. My tape I believe was not installed properly and the solder I believe touched metal and shorted out. So after I replaced those optos and put electrical tape on the board it booted up everything worked. Also from the factory my front ramp opto and the back door opto were installed backwards. So front was back and back was front. I swapped out the two plugs and now everything works. There are no technicians in my area so I had to do the work myself. Kinda sucked but I did it. This machine delivered on March 9th and I finally got to play it for the first time tonight with it working properly.

#14140 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I've got a few more asks for descriptive help in getting my machine dialed in:
1) For those that have completed the crypt vuk "scalloping" that was covered in the latest hurry up pinball Elvira tweak video, did this completely solve your vuk kick out issues? I've confirmed that my new build machines vuk mech was installed in the updated location (I don't have to redrill the holes), but it is crazy inconsistent. I'm hoping to solve this issue once and for all.
2) For those that have resolved their shooter lane issues by adjusting the position of the shooter housing / shooter rod, can you describe what you did? Is the consensus that the ball should travel up the shooter lane and metal fork piece as centered as possible as it drops down into the playfield or be skewed more to the right to drop down to the playfield closer to the right wall?
Thanks!

The dremmeling of the VUK plunger did not fix my issue, and mine also has the updated Stern “fix”. Its not complete failure like before but still annoyingly inconsistent, and the primary reason I’m considering selling mine. I’m perfectly happy with the first 2 well functioning Elvira’s that weren’t rushed out the door.

#14141 1 year ago

Wow, thanks for the tip. An absolute must imo.
15A22807-9E64-4A48-B611-4015592A9464 (resized).jpeg15A22807-9E64-4A48-B611-4015592A9464 (resized).jpeg

1089F347-9B66-45BE-95F6-D9D432200EC2 (resized).jpeg1089F347-9B66-45BE-95F6-D9D432200EC2 (resized).jpeg
#14142 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Playing around making my own mods since all the medinsly mods are discontinued. Found this dead head mod on thingiverse, it is fairly easy to make. My painting skills are not great but turned out ok, going to try it again and see if I can paint it better and use all black for filament for the sign.
I am also playing with making some creepy trees.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yes that crypt is great. I printed that one and painted it. Also added lights. The trees I used are for model railroad. Just bought so no printing needed.

4931c3bc-1cdf-4b2b-8f94-b7442439e172 (resized).jpg4931c3bc-1cdf-4b2b-8f94-b7442439e172 (resized).jpgfa5c9878-b56a-491d-bbdc-726faf1b8b89 (resized).jpgfa5c9878-b56a-491d-bbdc-726faf1b8b89 (resized).jpg
#14143 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

The dremmeling of the VUK plunger did not fix my issue, and mine also has the updated Stern “fix”. Its not complete failure like before but still annoyingly inconsistent, and the primary reason I’m considering selling mine. I’m perfectly happy with the first 2 well functioning Elvira’s that weren’t rushed out the door.

With all the posts regarding this issue, I forget who's who. Did you check the alignment of the subway that feeds the VUK? That finally fixed my issues.

#14144 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes that crypt is great. I printed that one and painted it. Also added lights. The trees I used are for model railroad. Just bought so no printing needed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I only had to make the base, the tree it self is just wire wrapped with a wax tape.

#14145 1 year ago

I know another of people have been looking for the elvira side armor. I bought the batman 66 side armor and sent it to pinball refinery. Went with the purple and sliver metallic flake. Good alternative and probably a cheaper option than the stern side armor

20230125_133649 (resized).jpg20230125_133649 (resized).jpg20230328_221236 (resized).jpg20230328_221236 (resized).jpg20230328_221241 (resized).jpg20230328_221241 (resized).jpg
#14146 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I know another of people have been looking for the elvira side armor. I bought the batman 66 side armor and sent it to pinball refinery. Went with the purple and sliver metallic flake. Good alternative and probably a cheaper option than the stern side armor
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinball refinery also did my powder coat. Very impressed with the work and communication was on point.

9FFC4146-8726-42C2-A366-16D97129B7DB (resized).jpeg9FFC4146-8726-42C2-A366-16D97129B7DB (resized).jpeg
#14147 1 year ago

Got my shipping notice yesterday! Arrives Friday, oh my god am I excited. This is the game that got me into pinball a few years ago. I have wanted it ever since I saw and it's on its way, I am pumped!

#14148 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Got my shipping notice yesterday! Arrives Friday, oh my god am I excited. This is the game that got me into pinball a few years ago. I have wanted it ever since I saw and it's on its way, I am pumped!

congrats! It's one of my favorites for sure. Probably tied with deadpool.

#14149 1 year ago

Mine arrived this morning! Should have taken the day off from work

11290C44-57A1-43A0-9F87-C2BF9A7CAFC9 (resized).jpeg11290C44-57A1-43A0-9F87-C2BF9A7CAFC9 (resized).jpeg
#14150 1 year ago

Got the call today...... dealer receiving their shipment Monday or Tuesday.

Final invoice incoming. I can't believe it, finally happening!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/283 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.