IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 363.
#14001 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Are your balls hitting the target and rebounding or are they hitting the playfield first then skipping/rolling into the targets on the trunk?

Playfield first then rolling

#14002 1 year ago

Any cool alternate toppers out there? The official one is silly expensive

#14003 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Haven’t tried that. Need more detail

These games ship on their backs. It has been my theory for awhile now that the weight of the VUK mechanism causes itself to flex out of proper alignment when shipped. As a result, the mechanism is leaning towards the back of the cabinet more than it should. Take the glass off and open the coin door. With one hand, feed the VUK a ball. With the other hand pull the VUK mechanism towards you from the coin door. Repeat until you find the perfect position. Give the VUK a little tweak so it holds position in the correct spot. When correct, the ball will shoot across the playfield and hit the same target every time.

#14004 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shipping alerts:
I realize this latest run of EHOH went from one week to three, thanks to an interruption. I also know that the interruption has meant that many distros are only now getting the remaining portions or their allocations.
My question is, who among you is *still* waiting to hear? Who bought from a distro that is yet to contact you with a shipping alert? I'm being told by people who have a better understanding of this than I have that plenty of people are waiting for their games to ship because distros are still waiting for games from Stern. Is this possible? Foo Fighters has been on the line for more than a week, yes? I didn't think Stern stores finished pins. Once they're made and boxed, they go right onto trucks. Don't I have that right?

We're gonna be waiting even longer......

#14005 1 year ago

I finally made it after years of waiting! Love this game, right up there with medevil madness and attack from mars.
I'm having trouble with the coffin lock? The eject coil was firing a few times for no reason and when I get it in there it gives me multiball? I did the coil test and its fine, I get a message saying eject malfunction afyer a game? Is it the sensor?

20230322_215122 (resized).jpg20230322_215122 (resized).jpg
#14006 1 year ago

Has anyone put pinstadiums in? Friend has a set he'd sell me cheap, wondering if it's worth 200 bucks

#14007 1 year ago

I would recommend Doug's 5.25" speaker lights. Put them on my sig edition tonight, then installed the coin door magnet from inscribed solutions

54127 (resized).jpeg54127 (resized).jpeg54129 (resized).jpeg54129 (resized).jpeg
#14008 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has anyone put pinstadiums in? Friend has a set he'd sell me cheap, wondering if it's worth 200 bucks

I have them in mine. I like them a lot.

Note that in real life I have it set to look more purple. The camera makes it look pinker than reality.

It took a while to find a flasher to hook it up to. As a lot of the flashers go off during attract mode, and if the flash light is on too long, they'll burn the housing.
20220619_135340 (resized).jpg20220619_135340 (resized).jpg

#14009 1 year ago

Thx, which flasher and gi did you hook to?

#14010 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Very interesting I thought it was just me but I did notice a difference when I was trying to dial in my VUK and putting the gargoyle on changed the trajectory of the VUK eject by quite a bit. So you’re saying just bend the top of the VUK up approximately 1/8 of an inch?

I had issues after installing the gargoyle. This fixed it for me.

#14011 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx, which flasher and gi did you hook to?

It was lamp #187 (Trunk Lamp) for the flasher.

You can use really any GI light you want.

#14012 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It was lamp #187 (Trunk Lamp), for the flasher.

It doesn't really matter what light you use for the GI. I think I used one of the inlane lights.

#14013 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:Shipping alerts:
I realize this latest run of EHOH went from one week to three, thanks to an interruption. I also know that the interruption has meant that many distros are only now getting the remaining portions or their allocations.
My question is, who among you is *still* waiting to hear? Who bought from a distro that is yet to contact you with a shipping alert? I'm being told by people who have a better understanding of this than I have that plenty of people are waiting for their games to ship because distros are still waiting for games from Stern. Is this possible? Foo Fighters has been on the line for more than a week, yes? I didn't think Stern stores finished pins. Once they're made and boxed, they go right onto trucks. Don't I have that right?

I am hoping to hear something from P1 today in Canada. As far as I can see on this thread no distro has had anything sent up here. Has the UK received anything either?

#14014 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shipping alerts:

I received confirmation from PinballPro yesterday afternoon that mine has arrived and going to be shipped out tomorrow. As long as the weather is good along the route, looking at middle next week.

A friend of mine got this message from their distributor that Stern has completed half of the Elvira run and the other half should be done next week.

#14015 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It will spin when you lock a ball in the garage. This is an option in the settings.
It will also spin in House Party when the super jackpot is lit. Collecting the super when the eye is facing you will add a ball (the only add-a-ball in the game).
It will also spin during Attic Attack multiball representing the super jackpot on each of the four sides.
If there are other instances, they are not coming to mind at the moment.

Do you happen to know what the setting number is for this? I was looking for it last night and could not find it. I may have missed it. There are a lot of setting to look through.

#14016 1 year ago
Quoted from Micahdell:

Do you happen to know what the setting number is for this? I was looking for it last night and could not find it. I may have missed it. There are a lot of setting to look through.

ADJ > GAME > Adjustment 281 Additional Turret Motor Usage > Game Start + Ball Lock, None, Game Start (Default), Garage Ball Lock

#14017 1 year ago

The center playfield is the only thing needing light. They should have used an apron like my Bond or Metallica that has spots hidden in them. I wonder if it can be swapped out?

#14018 1 year ago

Regarding Mylar is it sticky glued down? Is there an issue with yellowing or removing paint if the mylar ever com ? I assume you wax the area first? I’ve never added Mylar before.

#14019 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Mylar is it sticky glued down? Is there an issue with yellowing or removing paint? I assume you wax the area first? I’ve never added Mylar before.

I always wax before I apply Mylar to a playfield, It will still adhere just fine, but if you ever need to get it off you will be able to remove without damaging anything.

#14020 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

I received confirmation from PinballPro yesterday afternoon that mine has arrived and going to be shipped out tomorrow. As long as the weather is good along the route, looking at middle next week.
A friend of mine got this message from their distributor that Stern has completed half of the Elvira run and the other half should be done next week.

Thanks, Herm.

#14021 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I have them in mine. I like them a lot.
Note that in real life I have it set to look more purple. The camera makes it look pinker than reality.
It took a while to find a flasher to hook it up to. As a lot of the flashers go off during attract mode, and if the flash light is on too long, they'll burn the housing.
[quoted image]

Which version of PS is that?

#14022 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

I am hoping to hear something from P1 today in Canada. As far as I can see on this thread no distro has had anything sent up here. Has the UK received anything either?

No none arrived in UK yet

#14023 1 year ago

anyone help me with ordering cliffys, I emailed several times and no reply.
thanks

#14024 1 year ago
Quoted from danek61:

anyone help me with ordering cliffys, I emailed several times and no reply.
thanks

Give him a chance to reply.

He will answer, he is flat out.

#14025 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Which version of PS is that?

Neo Atom

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14026 1 year ago

pinballaddicted

Thanks, I will give him some time

#14027 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Loosen the screw under the gargoyles butt. It should be snug, but not overly tight. This will allow some play in the bracket and allow the gargoyle stick to more easily jump up and down. This fixed mine.

Thank you. This instantly fixed it

#14028 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Your balls launch that far? How’s it look in the same area as the picture I posted? I find it hard to believe nobody else has a single crater

Yes, they launch that far.

Rob

#14029 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Thank you. This instantly fixed it

What screw did you loosen? I'm having the same issue on one of my gargoyles.

#14030 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes and yes.

#14031 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yes, they launch that far.
Rob

Is that normal? The ball should hit the targets before hitting the playfield? Seems awfully far

#14032 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Did you hear anything? Picking up mine tomorrow from P1. Can't wait.

#14033 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Is that normal? The ball should hit the targets before hitting the playfield? Seems awfully far

The ball *should* hit the target first. That's what mine does now that it's dialed in.

#14034 1 year ago

Very interesting I thought it was just me but I did notice a difference when I was trying to dial in my VUK and putting the gargoyle on changed the trajectory of the VUK eject by quite a bit. So you’re saying just bend the top of the VUK up approximately 1/8 of an inch?

My problem existed before I ever installed the gargoyle. But yes, just bending it that slight amount made the world of difference for mine.

#14035 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The ball *should* hit the target first. That's what mine does now that it's dialed in.

Wow that’s crazy. I thought my adjustments were making things better but turns out I’m not even close. Wonder why mine is so underpowered?

#14036 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What screw did you loosen? I'm having the same issue on one of my gargoyles.

With the gargoyle raised, you’ll see a screw that sits right under his butt. Loosen it just slightly. You’ll feel that the stick goes up and down much easier.

#14037 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

With the gargoyle raised, you’ll see a screw that sits right under his butt. Loosen it just slightly. You’ll feel that the stick goes up and down much easier.

Lol that makes more sense, I had the play field up yesterday and saw the post about loosening a screw and I looked under the gargoyle under the playfield and didn't see anything, I never looked on top of the playfield haha

#14038 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

That needs dialed down power wise if it hits the targets first. You're going to break something at that rate. I think one bounce about 4" out from targets is about perfect.

#14039 1 year ago

I am hoping to hear something from P1 today in Canada. As far as I can see on this thread no distro has had anything sent up here. Has the UK received anything either?</

Mine ships out Monday from Nitro.
Would have been sooner, but he is at TPF.

#14040 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

Stern must have gotten into a batch of hard wood on this latest run of playfields, I just went over mine with a bright light from all angles and see almost no signs of dimpling.

#14041 1 year ago

Stern must have gotten into a batch of hard wood on this latest run of playfields, I just went over mine with a bright light from all angles and see almost no signs of dimpling.

Mine is also new. Dimples literally everywhere

#14042 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Did you hear anything? Picking up mine tomorrow from P1. Can't wait.

Not a word

#14043 1 year ago

Just got shipping notification. Mines arriving Monday, can't wait. I traded mine away and regretted it an hour after I let mine go lol.

#14044 1 year ago

Habemus boobs!

E884453A-5B4A-4DBC-AEB9-D3001E9CDF13 (resized).jpegE884453A-5B4A-4DBC-AEB9-D3001E9CDF13 (resized).jpeg
#14045 1 year ago

Where are these machines coming from? It just took that long to arrive from two/three/four weeks ago?

Production is paused: wasn't on the line this week, unclear about the previous week, and not getting made again for an unknown time before this run is finished. Some say there's a parts problem, that may or may not be correct.... we only know it was stopped and nothing is happening right now.

Foo pro on the line, next they need to chew thru the LE's and 1st prems. There goes a month at least.

#14046 1 year ago

Well what are build dates on these just coming in?

What I got in last week was a Mar 2nd. Got into my dealer and delivered that same night on the 17th

#14047 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That needs dialed down power wise if it hits the targets first. You're going to break something at that rate. I think one bounce about 4" out from targets is about perfect.

I'm not adjusting anything. It doesn't hit the target *that* hard.

#14048 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Where are these machines coming from? It just took that long to arrive from two/three/four weeks ago?
Foo pro on the line, next they need to chew thru the LE's and 1st prems. There goes a month at least.

I’ll be able to confirm build date later this evening.

#14049 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Production is paused: wasn't on the line this week, unclear about the previous week, and not getting made again for an unknown time before this run is finished. Some say there's a parts problem, that may or may not be correct.... we only know it was stopped and nothing is happening right now.

I’ve heard they will be making more next week. I don’t think making FF precludes them from also doing some Eliviras. Although, I’m guess I get my FF LE before Elvira at this point.

#14050 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’ve heard they will be making more next week. I don’t think making FF precludes them from also doing some Eliviras. Although, I’m guess I get my FF LE before Elvira at this point.

I also heard that was possible for next week (or the week after)...... but they also had planned to polish them off last week and/or this week (intending to be done before Foo started in earnest) and that didn't happen. Really they intended to be done with this game a month ago. Nothing has gone according to plan. They lost all the intended production time slated for GZ: canceled "the big push".

TPF was their line in the sand, hopefully they don't lose interest now if it's going to complicate the production schedule.

Doesn't happen next week or the week after and I bet we're pushed to the summer, fall or EOY last call.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.