IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 363.
#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It really needs an adult mode like Scared Stiff had. I wonder if that was ever in the cards?

We let our young son play EHoH. We are usually pretty careful about content, but the jokes are puns and innuendo that goes over his head. It’s really not very graphic. The clips are quite bland, many b & w and no blood or scary clips. Some b-movie monsters and Elvira’s cleavage. We have EATPM and SS, so he’s kinda familiar with her.

#13952 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

We let our young son play EHoH. We are usually pretty careful about content, but the jokes are puns and innuendo that goes over his head. It’s really not very graphic. The clips are quite bland, many b & w and no blood or scary clips. Some b-movie monsters and Elvira’s cleavage. We have EATPM and SS, so he’s kinda familiar with her.

One of the crypt family heads will drop an f-bomb periodically, and sometimes there are a few other PG-13 swears that show up (drive me 'bat-shit' crazy) for example. I have a 10 year old and while I do my best to keep things age appropriate around the house, this game doesn't really concern me.

#13953 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

One of the crypt family heads will drop an f-bomb periodically, and sometimes there are a few other PG-13 swears that show up (drive me 'bat-shit' crazy) for example. I have a 10 year old and while I do my best to keep things age appropriate around the house, this game doesn't really concern me.

I forgot about the dead heads. I agree. The dead heads are probably the most graphic or scary. A couple of them are a little gross, or could scare a kid. You might want to see them before you decide.

#13954 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

I have the PS Neo... already bought them... but not sure if I should install them. I love the lighting aspect of them (I have them on 5 other games) but dont like how they block the side blade art...

Take a look at this Cary Hardy video at around the 4:13 mark. Looks like a different way to mount the stadium lights - that might help. He's evaluating them for now, apparently not for sale yet?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13955 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Has anyone been able to fix their crypt kicker VUK without redrilling the bracket holes? Perhaps by bending the bracket or using washer to re-angle it or something less invasive? I'm not getting the issue of it coming out of the vuk like a dribble and going towards the left outlane.
Thanks!

Not yet. Tried a number of things with small improvements but nothing has completely worked yet. Going to try this next

#13956 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It really needs an adult mode like Scared Stiff had. I wonder if that was ever in the cards?

It drops the f bomb once, and says bat shit crazy. Nothing to worry about

#13957 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nothing bloody or scary really. Just cleavage and some "back door" jokes that will go over kids heads. I'm not concerned about it, but I have seen some who are.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Quoted from vikeking27:

Quoted from Pinkitten:

I forgot about the dead heads. I agree. The dead heads are probably the most graphic or scary. A couple of them are a little gross, or could scare a kid. You might want to see them before you decide.

Great information everyone, thanks. We are Germans so my kids don't understand the language and we are not scared by cleavage.

My Son is 5 1/2 and likes pinball. Godzilla Monster fights or Deadpool for example is what he is used to and what is absolutely fine.

I am only concerned about realistic bloody scary scenes with visual content of murder or similar. I will have a look at the deadheads

#13958 1 year ago

Do you guys like the deadhead feature? Whenever I play it, they more annoy me by floating around blocking the mode movie scene and graphics.

#13959 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you guys like the deadhead feature? Whenever I play it, they more annoy me by floating around blocking the mode movie scene and graphics.

Game is frantic enough shooter that I don't spend much time looking at the movies, and after so many plays, you memorize all the movie scenes anyways.

#13960 1 year ago

This board which has 3 optos in it is what we have isolated the fault in. Super annoying. I have been running tests for a couple hours now. Had to take the house apart. And the ramp. Changing node boards. Plugging connectors in node board 8 1 at a time to isolate the wire grouping. What a mess. Also my front ramp opto and my back door optos were installed wrong from the factory. I have had this game for like a week and played it like 10 times. the other issues on here seem pretty simple. Would you rather be in my shoes? Yuck! Also I am on the fence of just sending this back and having them send me a new machine. What would you do? There aren’t any techs in my town. So I have to do this all myself. I can do it, it’s just a total bummer. How would some of you handle this situation?

E5AD4BD1-7A74-456E-AFAB-F8B3244172C2 (resized).jpegE5AD4BD1-7A74-456E-AFAB-F8B3244172C2 (resized).jpeg
#13961 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Has anyone been able to fix their crypt kicker VUK without redrilling the bracket holes? Perhaps by bending the bracket or using washer to re-angle it or something less invasive? I'm not getting the issue of it coming out of the vuk like a dribble and going towards the left outlane.
Thanks!

I think I just did one of the holes and rotated the bracket slightly.

Rob

#13962 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

I am only concerned about realistic bloody scary scenes with visual content of murder or similar. I will have a look at the deadheads

Ohhh, my. No... lol. Nothing like that. The deadheads are even cartoony. You'll be fine. Nothing even approaching what you're describing. It's actually a very funny, lighthearted game. I find myself sometimes starting to kind of dance with a few of the modes while playing. Gargoyles gone wild.... cough cough....

#13963 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This board which has 3 optos in it is what we have isolated the fault in. Super annoying. I have been running tests for a couple hours now. Had to take the house apart. And the ramp. Changing node boards. Plugging connectors in node board 8 1 at a time to isolate the wire grouping. What a mess. Also my front ramp opto and my back door optos were installed wrong from the factory. I have had this game for like a week and played it like 10 times. the other issues on here seem pretty simple. Would you rather be in my shoes? Yuck! Also I am on the fence of just sending this back and having them send me a new machine. What would you do? There aren’t any techs in my town. So I have to do this all myself. I can do it, it’s just a total bummer. How would some of you handle this situation?
[quoted image]

If they have a machine on hand to send you, I'd tell em to ship it.

#13964 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:Not yet. Tried a number of things with small improvements but nothing has completely worked yet. Going to try this next

Not in 2 years of reading this thread LOL. It’s specific to the individual game, but I think also Stern never changed the alignment template in the factory. It’s a stretch but that’s kind of messed up since it was one of Lyman’s last changes to the game (he realized the VUK shot could be used interactively, and therefore needed to be a bit more precise)

#13965 1 year ago

Anyone have a spare set of shooter lane cliffy’s for this game? Thanks

#13966 1 year ago

How many are still waiting for their final invoice to arrive?

Amazing that one month ago today they ran into problems and slowed down/stopped.

#13967 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

How many are still waiting for their final invoice to arrive?
Amazing that one month ago today they ran into problems and slowed down/stopped.

I am….was told that they are supposed to be restarting this week.

#13968 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I am….was told that they are supposed to be restarting this week.

So assuming finished this week, shipping next week, arrive at distros the following week.

Got it.

Right on!

#13969 1 year ago

Just got shipping information confirmed. Delivery set for Friday! Very excited to finally receive the game after a very very long wait. I’m dreading the playfield protector installation and making the other “tweaks” to get her all dialed in but it’ll be worth it in the end. Thank you to those that have posted the countless fixes on here. Will report back Friday upon successful receipt of the game! Cheers everyone! I hope you all get the games you’ve been so patiently awaiting.

#13970 1 year ago

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

#13971 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

Curious about this too.

#13972 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Just put down a square of mylar on the impact area after you get your VUK dialed in.

#13973 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Just put down a square of mylar on the impact area after you get your VUK dialed in.

Too late now. At this point I’m hoping more craters will help it all blend in a bit more.

#13974 1 year ago

Is there a pic of such crater damage? I've noticed nothing yet, but still really early in my ownership

#13975 1 year ago

Anyone with a 40th interested in this coin door magnet from inscribed solutions? I ordered one for my red SLE but they sent a 40th version which is purple. I would sell it for what I paid to avoid having to exchange and ship for free. 69 bucks..

20230322_173215 (resized).jpg20230322_173215 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13976 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there a pic of such crater damage? I've noticed nothing yet, but still really early in my ownership

Hard to get the right angle but here you can see a portion of it. Extends to the left and to the right with the random ejects I’ve been having

4F4972D4-C65A-4C91-A200-466194FAC939 (resized).jpeg4F4972D4-C65A-4C91-A200-466194FAC939 (resized).jpeg
#13977 1 year ago

It will be even worse when you get the VUK dialed it. When correct, the ball hits the same spot every time. That's where the mylar needs to be installed. To date, I haven't seen an EHoH wear to the wood yet. If it is going to happen, it will be in that spot.

#13978 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It will be even worse when you get the VUK dialed it. When correct, the ball hits the same spot every time. That's where the mylar needs to be installed. To date, I haven't seen an EHoH wear to the wood yet. If it is going to happen, it will be in that spot.

I don’t know if that’s the case. A ball dropping doesn’t take clear coat off like a ball abrading against it at the flippers.

#13979 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Hard to get the right angle but here you can see a portion of it. Extends to the left and to the right with the random ejects I’ve been having
[quoted image]

That's some crazy spots to be getting the ball to hit from your VUK. Yours is just spitting everywhere?

#13980 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!

I tried all the other "fixes" (cupping the plunger, repositioning the assembly) and this is the only thing that worked for me -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813

How to do it -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405

My VUK has been 100% reliable ever since.

#13981 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

That's some crazy spots to be getting the ball to hit from your VUK. Yours is just spitting everywhere?

It's definitely not consistent. Generally it hits the targets and feels great but sometimes it can't make it and hits the sling or lanes.

#13983 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Weird, because I look on my LE and I can't see a single dimple.... Maybe a small scuff in front of the middle stand up. I don't remember if I put mylar down, but I will now.

Picture taken with phone on glass and flash on

Rob
20230322_171146 (resized).jpg20230322_171146 (resized).jpg

#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

It's definitely not consistent. Generally it hits the targets and feels great but sometimes it can't make it and hits the sling or lanes.

Did you try this fix? Let me know if you need more detail.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/72#post-5692913

#13985 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I tried all the other "fixes" (cupping the plunger, repositioning the assembly) and this is the only thing that worked for me -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813
How to do it -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405

Appreciate the advice. Working through all of these issues (shooter lane, vuk, left orbit, gargoyle, and house) has been a real f'ing pain. I really hope to get this game dialed in soon so I can start having some damn fun

#13986 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

How to do it -

Very interesting I thought it was just me but I did notice a difference when I was trying to dial in my VUK and putting the gargoyle on changed the trajectory of the VUK eject by quite a bit. So you’re saying just bend the top of the VUK up approximately 1/8 of an inch?

#13987 1 year ago

Having some intermittent issue with a friends garage lock. He shoots a ball into the lock, doesn’t always register as a lock and kicks it out. The 3 optos all register in test mode, but I’m guessing maybe they are flaky or loose since it doesn’t happen all the time. Anyone had this issue?

What’s the best way to get at those optos? Looks like house and left ramp need to be removed to get at the ball guides?

#13988 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Having some intermittent issue with a friends garage lock. He shoots a ball into the lock, doesn’t always register as a lock and kicks it out. The 3 optos all register in test mode, but I’m guessing maybe they are flaky or loose since it doesn’t happen all the time. Anyone had this issue?
What’s the best way to get at those optos? Looks like house and left ramp need to be removed to get at the ball guides?

Probably not the issue, but make sure the correct switches are registering, not just 'a switch'. My GZ had a couple swapped. I initially just checked that a switch was registering, then realized the wrong switch number was being indicated.

#13989 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Probably not the issue, but make sure the correct switches are registering, not just 'a switch'. My GZ had a couple swapped. I initially just checked that a switch was registering, then realized the wrong switch number was being indicated.

Thx, but it’s not a newer run game. He’s had it a while and it just started occurring. I have the game, but never encountered this issue or had things apart.

#13990 1 year ago

Shipping alerts:

I realize this latest run of EHOH went from one week to three, thanks to an interruption. I also know that the interruption has meant that many distros are only now getting the remaining portions or their allocations.

My question is, who among you is *still* waiting to hear? Who bought from a distro that is yet to contact you with a shipping alert? I'm being told by people who have a better understanding of this than I have that plenty of people are waiting for their games to ship because distros are still waiting for games from Stern. Is this possible? Foo Fighters has been on the line for more than a week, yes? I didn't think Stern stores finished pins. Once they're made and boxed, they go right onto trucks. Don't I have that right?

#13991 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Shipping alerts:
I realize this latest run of EHOH went from one week to three, thanks to an interruption. I also know that the interruption has meant that many distros are only now getting the remaining portions or their allocations.
My question is, who among you is *still* waiting to hear? Who bought from a distro that is yet to contact you with a shipping alert? I'm being told by people who have a better understanding of this than I have that plenty of people are waiting for their games to ship because distros are still waiting for games from Stern. Is this possible? Foo Fighters has been on the line for more than a week, yes? I didn't think Stern stores finished pins. Once they're made and boxed, they go right onto trucks. Don't I have that right?

Can't vouch for anything in the second block other that that supposedly my distro (Game Exchange) is still getting more and I'm in the next set of things to arrive, though the story has changed slightly every time I've called.

#13992 1 year ago
Quoted from LoranSlater:

...my distro (Game Exchange) is still getting more and I'm in the next set of things to arrive, though the story has changed slightly every time I've called.

Thanks for sharing what you know. I s'pose I need to stay hopeful and stop dwelling on the delay. It's hard when I have no pin to distract myself with. I'm a one-pin collection kind of guy!

#13993 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Weird, because I look on my LE and I can't see a single dimple.... Maybe a small scuff in front of the middle stand up. I don't remember if I put mylar down, but I will now.
Picture taken with phone on glass and flash on
Rob
[quoted image]

Your balls launch that far? How’s it look in the same area as the picture I posted? I find it hard to believe nobody else has a single crater

#13995 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Your balls launch that far? How’s it look in the same area as the picture I posted? I find it hard to believe nobody else has a single crater

I have craters in the same general area as you. I don’t really care about them though.

#13996 1 year ago
Quoted from LoranSlater:

Can't vouch for anything in the second block other that that supposedly my distro (Game Exchange) is still getting more and I'm in the next set of things to arrive, though the story has changed slightly every time I've called.

I can relate to the last part of your experience. Every time I ask for an update I get something slightly different - a variation of we expect the your game next week.

#13997 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Are your balls hitting the target and rebounding or are they hitting the playfield first then skipping/rolling into the targets on the trunk?

#13998 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks for sharing what you know. I s'pose I need to stay hopeful and stop dwelling on the delay. It's hard when I have no pin to distract myself with. I'm a one-pin collection kind of guy!

Yea, it's not the delay that bothers me (I mean, I have waited over a year already lol) so much as the inconsistent communication, as I'm honestly not confident anymore I'll get one this run with how it's gone, and I'd just like to be sure one way or the other so I can figure something else out if I have to.

As for entertaining yourself, go support your local operators too if you can

#13999 1 year ago

Others have said that there is more coming still apparently, that more were being made this week still so more might ship in a week or two? Your distro or such should know if he's getting more, it's not a mystery, they know what they are getting typically.

#14000 1 year ago

See my previous posts on the story seeming to change every time. Doesn't help that Stern seems to be changing things constantly themselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/280 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.