IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 363.
#1351 4 years ago

Anyone having trouble downloading the new code ? Been trying for 2 days now and keeps stopping with an interrupted message no matter how far it gets. Tried both Chrome and internet explorer so far..
Anyone have it uploaded on another server ?

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Ha ha! Everybody loves boobies!

Sadly... No... There is a growing puritan movement in this country where people think there is something wrong with human bodies. Looks are not everything. And even Elvira doesn't look like Elvira... There is a lot of diffusion going on in regards to how they lit her. They did a great job by the way. But, again... Its not real its fantasy.
I'm okay with that. But, a lot of people think its gross and morally wrong to appreciate the beauty in the human form. That to show a bit of leg, or bosom is something horrible. Scares me really... And hopefully it'll go away. But, not anytime soon.

#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Sadly... No... There is a growing puritan movement in this country where people think there is something wrong with human bodies. Looks are not everything. And even Elvira doesn't look like Elvira... There is a lot of diffusion going on in regards to how they lit her. They did a great job by the way. But, again... Its not real its fantasy.
I'm okay with that. But, a lot of people think its gross and morally wrong to appreciate the beauty in the human form. That to show a bit of leg, or bosom is something horrible. Scares me really... And hopefully it'll go away. But, not anytime soon.

What are you talking about? Women don't dress like Saudis in this country. Never have, never will

Game is great, Elvira is fantastic and so are her titties and her personality.

#1354 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And even Elvira doesn't look like Elvira... There is a lot of diffusion going on in regards to how they lit her.

Yes, the lighting is extreme. Cassandra was 68 years old during the filming for House of Horrors. Does she look like she did 30 years ago when EATPM was released? Of course not. But she certainly looks like Elvira and, in character, jokes about her age. I don’t give a damn about the lighting.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, the lighting is extreme. Cassandra was 68 years old during the filming for House of Horrors. Does she look like she did 30 years ago when EATPM was released? Of course not. But she certainly looks like Elvira and, in character, jokes about her age. I don’t give a damn about the lighting.

Neither do I. Care about the lighting. I think she looks great, and I think the clips turned out amazing. I was making a point about fantasy and reality. She looks great in person. But, nothing like Elvira. Of course in teh pin and the videos she looks great, sounds great, and is great. One of my favorite jokes is the teenagers line... I wasn't insulting her. I'm amazed that her figure really hasn't changed in like 40 years! That's amazing as I know how mine changes month to month.

Cary Grant also said the same thing about Cary Grant. When he got older and people said to him, but you don't look like Cary Grant... And he'd say "My dear no one does". Also a bit of an inside joke with him. Because, of course Cary Grant was a stage name... But, still you have the fantasy of Cary Grant and the reality. Good actor by the way.

And I think a lot of people didn't quite understand the point I was making...
Yes, our country isn't the worst out there. But, the push for inclusion means people get made at Victoria's Secret for hiring attractive women to model their wares... Because, well... Beauty standards and you want to showcase your wares in the most attractive manner possible. Now to be clear... I don't like VS models. But most men do.

You have actresses who've made a career over sexualizing themselves, now complaining about how they made their fortunes.
And I really think even with Elvira they toned down a bit of boob jokes, and innuendo. It's there... It's there... But, they played it safe... And let's be honest... Compare comedy, movies, modeling, to the 70s and 80s... Everything is tamer by today's standards. Todd Philips director of the Joker is a bit afraid to do comedy now... And while on instagram everyone is showing off their butts... To actually market stuff based on sex appeal... Its down... Quite a bit from where it has traditionally been in the past.

#1356 4 years ago

In version 0.89 there's a new entry in the HSTD table: "Giant Gila Champion", so, a new haunt mode is coming to get you soon.

Glad to see that a new batch of movies is about to be integrated in the code.

#1357 4 years ago

Looking forward to playing Elvira soon. I heard there’s one on location nearish to me so might go check it out this week.

#1358 4 years ago

Is there a stream of the latest code? Trying to get a good idea of how the game is shaping up, prices are mental here in the U.K. buying completely blind just isn’t an option anymore.

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a stream of the latest code? Trying to get a good idea of how the game is shaping up, prices are mental here in the U.K. buying completely blind just isn’t an option anymore.

I think that the most recent one is the stream from Jack Danger on Twitch with the beta version 0.88.1 : https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/videos

#1360 4 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

Enjoy time with family and your wonderful gift from Dennis, Greg and Cassandra!
866C31EE-AAD7-4B84-9784-B80F74C67B28 (resized).jpeg866C31EE-AAD7-4B84-9784-B80F74C67B28 (resized).jpeg

#1361 4 years ago

Question about the crypt.
After collecting 3 deadheads (so crypt cleaner phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 lights are on)
my crypt goes into "open" position and the green light flashes, but no matter how many times I shoot in that hole,
nothing happens, it just kicks my ball out again.
Or is that not coded yet? I'm running the new 0,89 code

#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

After collecting 3 deadheads (so crypt cleaner phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 lights are on)
my crypt goes into "open" position and the green light flashes, but no matter how many times I shoot in that hole,

It was like that on version beta 0.88.1 for Jack Danger last week, so, seems normal for now.

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It was like that on version beta 0.88.1 for Jack Danger last week, so, seems normal for now.

Happy to know, before I screw everything open. Never had a pin that needed so much adjustments out of the box.
But the game is so much fun and I like this retro horror music so much,
Mery Xmas and thank you!

#1364 4 years ago

Mine is here in Belgium now, but it still have to be delivered. I am keen to have it in the gameroom and I love it seeing all the pictures and videos... But afraid of all the issues...

#1365 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Never had a pin that needed so much adjustments out of the box.

What have you had to do?

#1366 4 years ago

Spider mod...
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225181734899_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225181734899_COVER (resized).jpg

Also working on a beeker mod...

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225182330751_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191225182330751_COVER (resized).jpg
#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Everyone is waiting to see what Elvira will become. I don’t mind the journey - I actually enjoyed watching the code progression with Batman and I expect the same with Elvira.

I watched code progression on BM66 also, but from the outside (non owner) and I didn't buy one until it hit 1.0. I'll do the same with Elvira and see how it progresses. I am rethinking Elvira (in a positive manner) after seeing Stranger Things.

Rob

#1368 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

The little tweaks are making the game better and better, but there's one thing still driving me crazy! Speaking of Driving Me Crazy, when I shoot a ball up the house ramp it registers points and seems to do what it should as far as points go... BUT if jackpot or extra ball are lit, it doesn't register and I don't get either one when lit. Anyone else?

FINALLY figured out what the heck was going on with not getting a Jackpot or Extra Ball awarded (and who knows what else) when the center ramp is lit accordingly. Turns out there is an opto at the top of the ramp and the receive side of the one on my game was missing the photo detector chip!
I took the photo sensor from an optocoupler I had laying around and soldered it to the little board, and now everything works as it should.
What a pain to get to it tho - house removal, etc...
Now it makes sense why nobody else has seen this. Time to play more games! Happy Holiday's everyone!

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

Not coded yet, nor is Directors Cut (although it says it’s starting) and when you complete Gappa Angry it’s hit and miss as to whether the multiball you are then supposed to get starts. Just waiting patiently for them to be coded (although it is a little frustrating)

#1370 4 years ago

#206 S/N: E 297533 arrived a few weeks ago (Perth, Western Australia)
Love the game, now have all three pair (plus 1)
Double D Room (resized).JPGDouble D Room (resized).JPGDouble D Room 1 (resized).JPGDouble D Room 1 (resized).JPG

#1371 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Anyone having trouble downloading the new code ? Been trying for 2 days now and keeps stopping with an interrupted message no matter how far it gets. Tried both Chrome and internet explorer so far..
Anyone have it uploaded on another server ?

I also had some issues downloading the code. I switched to firefox and was able to successfully complete the download.

#1372 4 years ago

Finally arrived.
IMG_20191226_172735.jpgIMG_20191226_172735.jpg

IMG_20191226_173309.jpgIMG_20191226_173309.jpg
#1373 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Great game. We love ours.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

Your collection is tits.

#1375 4 years ago

I know that the rotating turret is going to be used in the Wizard mode somehow but does anyone think it’s likely that it will also be used to “load” a set of haunts for each face (i.e. the eye loads 6 haunts, the bat loads another 6, etc)?

I was wondering how we were going to see more movies than we can see now (and also mindful that may be a lot more work than Lyman’s planning with the code).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1376 4 years ago

Possible dumb question, does switching which window is lit prior to ball plunge effect the game at this point?

#1377 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Possible dumb question, does switching which window is lit prior to ball plunge effect the game at this point?

It does if you start a haunt on the skill shot.

#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I know that the rotating turret is going to be used in the Wizard mode somehow but does anyone think it’s likely that it will also be used to “load” a set of haunts for each face (i.e. the eye loads 6 haunts, the bat loads another 6, etc)?
I was wondering how we were going to see more movies than we can see now (and also mindful that may be a lot more work than Lyman’s planning with the code).

I think, but time will tell, that at least 3 faces will be used for 6 + 1 haunts each. The last face could be a wizard mode...

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

Beautiful! Love that line up. I sold my Scared Stiff but looking at your pictures here, it's making me wish I went for the same set as what you've got there. I have Melons, I just needed EATPM. Oh well, maybe one day!

Melons and HOH look amazing together.

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

It does if you start a haunt on the skill shot.

How do you start a haunt on the skill shot?

#1381 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

How do you start a haunt on the skill shot?

If a haunt mode is lit (flashing), the backdoor skill shot will start it immediately.

#1382 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

You can choose which haunt you start by using the flipper buttons to select the flashing window.
1. If haunt is lit at plunge, the Back Door Unskilled shot will start the haunt.
2. When a haunt is lit, trap the ball. Use the other flipper to move the flashing light one past the window/haunt you want to start. Shoot the house to start the haunt.
3. "Santa Conquers the Martians" requires the skeleton key to unlock the window. To collect a key, wait until the key insert is blinking in front of the trunk targets. Hitting a target while the key is lit will lock in the key. Complete the targets to light the trunk lock. Locking a ball in the trunk will collect a key which will then unlock other rooms in the house.

To answer your question, switching the lit window prior to plunge will only affect the game if you hit the Back Door.

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Your collection is tits.

We call it the double D room.

#1384 4 years ago

What pitch/level are you guys setting your games at?
Are you able to make the back door skill shot where its set?

#1385 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You can choose which haunt you start by using the flipper buttons to select the flashing window.
1. If haunt is lit at plunge, the Back Door Unskilled shot will start the haunt.
2. When a haunt is lit, trap the ball. Use the other flipper to move the flashing light one past the window/haunt you want to start. Shoot the house to start the haunt.
3. "Santa Conquers the Martians" requires the skeleton key to unlock the window. To collect a key, wait until the key insert is blinking in front of the trunk targets. Hitting a target while the key is lit will lock in the key. Complete the targets to light the trunk lock. Locking a ball in the trunk will collect a key which will then unlock other rooms in the house.
To answer your question, switching the lit window prior to plunge will only affect the game if you hit the Back Door.

Thank you very much for that. I am going to try that out now

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mines at 6.5 and I never get the skill shot. It never even just falls in there randomly in gameplay either.

When I first got the game and it was set at 6, I could get in there often enough.

I don’t think I have the extra metal guide on mine, though I’m just assuming as I haven’t looked.

#1387 4 years ago

Finally got to “House Party”. What an absolute blast! Don’t want to spoil it for those that don’t know it but the introduction to the mode is a brilliant homage to a classic Elvira pinball moment and the music, lights and animations are epic.

I wish there was a flipper code where you could immediately start that mode if the game was on free play.

#1388 4 years ago

For anyone who is new to the game, I made a new tutorial video. I might even do a little dance for ya!

#1389 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I rearranged my games last week, I checked the pitch on all my Sterns (since they're on the same wall and my foundation is far from level). Turns out I had EHoH somewhere between 6 and 6.5 degrees. I was able to hit the Back Door maybe 1 in 10 or 1 in 5 plunges. I now have it around 6.9 degrees and have made it once in about 50 plunges. LOL

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Spider mod...
[quoted image]
Also working on a beeker mod...[quoted image]

Wow the spider really looks good. Is it for sale yet?

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

7 and no...I think I am missing a piece of hardware.

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So far at least three people have had their house break in the same place:

[quoted image]

Better change that to at least four people have had their house break there.

Had 2 broken plastics straight out of the box. Not too worried though you don`t notice them unless someone points them out.

Broken RR plastic (resized).jpgBroken RR plastic (resized).jpgBroken house plastic (resized).jpgBroken house plastic (resized).jpg
#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from GAP66:

Had 2 broken plastics straight out of the box. Not too worried though you don`t notice them unless someone points them out.[quoted image][quoted image]

Get Stern to replace them. You had/have the bad version of the house plastic. It should look like this:

387878AA-6218-41B4-A84E-8409125493DF (resized).jpeg387878AA-6218-41B4-A84E-8409125493DF (resized).jpeg
#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Get Stern to replace them. You had/have the bad version of the house plastic. It should look like this:[quoted image]

It's out of stock for now, that's what said the tech support...without ETA

#1396 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's out of stock for now, that's what said the tech support...without ETA

I got the same answer when I first called but had it about a week later.

#1397 4 years ago

For real though there needs to be a short ball safe after the crypt kicker. Even with power adjusts its screws you hard

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

For real though there needs to be a short ball safe after the crypt kicker. Even with power adjusts its screws you hard

Yup. Every time I think I have the power adjusted correctly the game proves me wrong.

#1399 4 years ago

I changed out my pop bumper bodies & skirts to transparent bodies and teal skirts. The pop in the back of the picture shows it best. I know you cant see the pops much in this game but I really like the look over the factory white. It's a shame on this game that some of the best playfield art is lost amongst the pops and the right ramp. I would have preferred a this scene down by the flippers instead of the rubber floaties.

POP ART pst (resized).jpgPOP ART pst (resized).jpgteal pops pst (resized).jpgteal pops pst (resized).jpg
#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yup. Every time I think I have the power adjusted correctly the game proves me wrong.

I've been saying that basically since day one.
They put one on for Gene's head... So we should get one for this one.

I wanted to go for the dead heads and so I made that my goal.
Plunge. Got control, two hits and I got the deadhead. It kicked out of the vuk... Drained...
Pissed me off... Restarted the game... Same thing... Drained...
One more time, restarted the game...
Got control made the two shots right away... And it kicked out and drained...
All within about 1-2 minutes.
Three drains from the vuk. I restarted a 4th time. And finally got better luck. Its too inconsistent to try to predict and get control. It punishes you for trying to advance a feature.

In the game. Sometimes I wait to have the hand of fate lit. So basically if I vanquish the dead head. I have the out lane saves. And too often it goes down those outlanes. And so basically it steals my ball saves.
Shouldn't be that way. And here's my thing... Maybe only make the ball save work if its out an outlane. Don't save it if it goes down the middle. Because, that probably is savable. But, too often I get it to the left outlane on a direct shot, or a wicked bounce that goes to the left. It really cheeses me off. Probably the one thing I HATE about this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (Firm)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.