IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 363.
#13851 1 year ago

Anybody else have their game lock up or freeze? It seems to happen right when starting a haunt. The black silhouette of Elvira is on the screen but the game totally freezes and nothing happens.

#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from Herm:

Hoping to get word of mine here soon. I checked in with my distributor earlier this week and they haven’t heard any new updates other than a parts delay. Has anyone else waiting for theirs hear a similar thing.

Still waiting on mine. I could have purchased several earlier on at the Louisville show? Hopefully its worth the wait.

#13853 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Anybody else have their game lock up or freeze? It seems to happen right when starting a haunt. The black silhouette of Elvira is on the screen but the game totally freezes and nothing happens.

Mine did the same thing twice in the first 15 games. I turned it off, removed the sd card, and put it back in. It has not done it since and I put about 80 games on it.

The game seems slow to react to things going on. At times I'll lock a ball and it takes 3-5 seconds to start the animation for it or start the haunt animation. Seems like it's just too slow and can't keep up.

#13854 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Once during a shot to the house the game just froze and rebooted.

#13855 1 year ago

Did anyone ever make anything adhesive or something to attach to the left orbit to help with the hitting the left sling? I know there is the whole dismantling the left side bit to move the guide, but was wondering if there was a simpler solution

#13856 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Did anyone ever make anything adhesive or something to attach to the left orbit to help with the hitting the left sling? I know there is the whole dismantling the left side bit to move the guide, but was wondering if there was a simpler solution

I just tweak mine out a tiny bit with a flat head screwdriver. Not sure if that was the best idea but it worked.

#13857 1 year ago

You only need to remove a few screws to get to the ball guide. It can be done in just a few minutes if you have a fat post sleeve handy.

#13858 1 year ago

Hmm I got a flat small screw driver, wonder if I can slide it under the left orbit guide since they have that gap. Would save lot of time to just to a quick adjust if it slides under

#13859 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

As wise1919 mentioned it's worth reseating or replacing the memory card. A friend's not too long ago was having issues with freeze ups and replacing the card cured it.

#13860 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

As wise1919 mentioned it's worth reseating or replacing the memory card. A friend's not too long ago was having issues with freeze ups and replacing the card cured it.

I think I’ll try this. A total newb question, where is the sr card slot? I was checking the connections in the back box last night and didn’t notice an SD card, although I wasn’t looking for it either.

*edit* NVM, hurry up pinball had a video about sd cards as he had an issue with his Elvira!

#13861 1 year ago

My first NIB Stern (as of Friday).

First thing noted: shots to the garage don't register. I'm scanning the forum here (there's a lot to get though), and I don't see a similar issue. Has anyone had this problem?

#13862 1 year ago

Changed my EHoH coin door art to a version version that fits the PinPac 4 headphone kit (provides more external controls).
EHoH cab front (resized).jpgEHoH cab front (resized).jpg

#13863 1 year ago

Question: i cannot get the back door skill shot from the plunge - I removed the glass and noticed that the ball wont go through to the left in the back - the ball diverter is blocking it in that direction.. Is it even possible to get this shot from the right ? Plunging? I have only been able to access the back door from the left orbit..

#13864 1 year ago

Anyone have quick left orbit shots bounce into the back door instead of looping around like it should?

Rob

#13865 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Question: i cannot get the back door skill shot from the plunge - I removed the glass and noticed that the ball wont go through to the left in the back - the ball diverter is blocking it in that direction.. Is it even possible to get this shot from the right ? Plunging? I have only been able to access the back door from the left orbit..

The ball diverter is not always active. I don’t know what the rules are exactly but on my game, on a new ball, the diverter is open. If I drain quickly and get a ball save the diverter seems to close.

#13866 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

The ball diverter is not always active. I don’t know what the rules are exactly but on my game, on a new ball, the diverter is open. If I drain quickly and get a ball save the diverter seems to close.

You are right. And the ball does go through to the other side… but for some reason it doesn’t ever go through the back door.. even with a perfect shot - it either comes back from one side or the other..

The only times I was able to do the back door is from the left orbit during a game… strange

#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Changed my EHoH coin door art to a version version that fits the PinPac 4 headphone kit (provides more external controls).
[quoted image]

Where can I buy this?

#13869 1 year ago

I just received my machine last week and unfortunately working through several of the issues that have been brought up by others on this thread. The biggest one is the damn shooter lane..the journey to achieve a consistent plunge that doesn't rattle on the way around the orbit around the house and to the flipper is elusive.

That said, I've also noticed that shots to the left orbit from the right flipper often rattle a bit and are kinda clunky. I haven't adjusted the left orbit to push it out a bit so the ball coming around down to the left flipper actually hits the flipper and not the sling. I'm curious if others have noticed a clunky left orbit shot and if this is potentially resolved once adjusting the left orbit our a bit to fix the other problem?

#13870 1 year ago

Interesting on my BM66 I was having the problem of the ball hitting the Left sling instead of the L flipper.

On BM66 there is no adjustment room for the ball guide to move.

I was able to put a piece of plane scotch tape with a folded up piece of paper underneath the tape to give it a little thickness. Honestly I tried a thicker piece of foam tape and the ball was aiming to the opposite flipper. This very minor shim made all the difference, I didn't believe but this little tape hack fixed my issue.
F3EC8CE4-135A-4DD5-A2E8-45CF8E4EA665 (resized).jpegF3EC8CE4-135A-4DD5-A2E8-45CF8E4EA665 (resized).jpeg

#13871 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

You are right. And the ball does go through to the other side… but for some reason it doesn’t ever go through the back door.. even with a perfect shot - it either comes back from one side or the other..
The only times I was able to do the back door is from the left orbit during a game… strange

Raise the left side of your game. The shot is not makable if the left side is low.

#13872 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Raise the left side of your game. The shot is not makable if the left side is low.

Ok. Will try that. Thanks!

#13873 1 year ago

This is my temporary solution. Worked great

20230319_115623 (resized).jpg20230319_115623 (resized).jpg
#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

This is my temporary solution. Worked great[quoted image]

So do you find that shots to the left orbit are also smoother after implementing that fix? I know that your fix is designed so the ball comes down to the left flipper and not the sling, but I'm hoping that moving the orbit our may also solve the other problem

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13876 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

So do you find that shots to the left orbit are also smoother after implementing that fix? I know that your fix is designed so the ball comes down to the left flipper and not the sling, but I'm hoping that moving the orbit our may also solve the other problem

Actually, yes. The left orbit shot is the hardest shot in this game IMO - and this does make it smoother

#13877 1 year ago

Btw.. even with all the technical problems.. this is my favorite game in my line-up.. really amazing gameplay! (And I have some good ones like JP prem, DP, Godzilla prem)

#13878 1 year ago

Does anyone know an alternative to Pinstadium that works well with this game? I feel it needs more light on the PF - but don't like how bulky the pinstadium lights are - and they ruin the side blades art view

#13879 1 year ago

Got her all setup finally. If anyone is still rocking the stock speakers I highly recommend upgrading to a pinwoofer diy with 5.25 speakers. And I also put a 12” flipper fidelity sub to replace the chinsy 8” stock one. Sounds amazing now, I played it a little before and there is no comparison now.

516E25DF-5081-4BE5-9B73-EE1D33EF47B8 (resized).jpeg516E25DF-5081-4BE5-9B73-EE1D33EF47B8 (resized).jpeg
#13880 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

This is my temporary solution. Worked great[quoted image]

Dang I’m surprised it needs to be pulled out that far! I loosened the ball guide screw on mine and adjusted the rail all the way out (pictured below) and it’s perfect now. It clears the left sling on the left orbit shots and spins right orbits smoothly. I don’t get how there could be so much variation from game to game.

E0D889DE-5B4A-4BB0-A041-18C6A8AF7FAA (resized).jpegE0D889DE-5B4A-4BB0-A041-18C6A8AF7FAA (resized).jpeg

#13881 1 year ago

I think this is not different to the above video-tutorial. Thickening the post sleeve is just additionally preventing the rail from moving back over time...

What would be the right part number for a "thick" post sleeve?

#13882 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Btw.. even with all the technical problems.. this is my favorite game in my line-up.. really amazing gameplay! (And I have some good ones like JP prem, DP, Godzilla prem)

Glad to hear this. I’m adding Elvira hopefully at the end of month NIB so I’m not looking forward to fixing so many issues but with this thread hopefully it’ll be easier since you guys have it worked out for the most part.

My main concern is that I’m getting a couple other pins as well and need to cut one out. Have on order EHOH, CCr SE+, Maiden and Pulp Fiction LE.

EHOH is the most expensive of these so it’s good to hear that you like it so much. I’ll probably ax the Maiden because I have so many other Sterns in my collection and I’m kind of hyped about the CGC games with toppers and build quality. A have AFM LE and it’s so well built.

#13883 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Glad to hear this. I’m adding Elvira hopefully at the end of month NIB so I’m not looking forward to fixing so many issues but with this thread hopefully it’ll be easier since you guys have it worked out for the most part.

The biggest issue that seems to plague the majority of these machines is the shooter lane inconsistency. I have spent a few hours so far trying to readjust the metal shooter ramp (the piece that includes the fork) with no luck. I've added various post sleeves of different heights and thicknesses underneath it to try to essentially level it or even bias it to the right since the ball really wants to push left.

What I think is truly needed would be a piece that adheres to the metal shooter ramp that provides a channel for the ball all the way to the drop down to the playfield

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The biggest issue that seems to plague the majority of these machines is the shooter lane inconsistency. I have spent a few hours so far trying to readjust the metal shooter ramp (the piece that includes the fork) with no luck. I've added various post sleeves of different heights and thicknesses underneath it to try to essentially level it or even bias it to the right since the ball really wants to push left.
What I think is truly needed would be a piece that adheres to the metal shooter ramp that provides a channel for the ball all the way to the drop down to the playfield

Is your pin from the newer build? It’s disappointing how this happens on a game that’s been in production so long it should be better built by now.

#13885 1 year ago

Is there anyone who hasn't had any issues out of box with this current run?
Kind of troubling about all the issues I'm seeing.

#13886 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Seems like most are fine, it's just a higher percentage of trouble than usual. That house intimidates the workers

I really thought the back half of the week's run would be built better after taking three times as much production time to assemble..... but it's Stern.
Are we down to the last day of production yet to arrive at distros now? It seems like everything thru Thursday has shipped and arrived.... leaving only the Friday EHOH's. Curious what the production date on them ends up being.

Com'on final invoice. I'm wait'in on you.....

#13887 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Other than my ramp on the house touching the pin on the left gargoyle when it goes up, my game has been playing great no other issues.

#13888 1 year ago

Hopefully I’m not a Friday afternoon build

#13889 1 year ago

So anyone else feel like the default sling and flipper power is way too high at least on this new run? I keep slowly tweaking both down, the slings specifically are crazy powerful, with so many times slings just blasting the ball right into the outlane. It's a fast shooter even after I've tuned down the flipped and slings a bit, kind of feel like I might tone em down slightly more.

Quoted from Meadows22:

Mine works fine, just has the usual little adjustments folks like to do, but otherwise it's all functional. I need to adjust the left orbit to guide the ball a little better, and then just tweaking settings.

#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Other than my ramp on the house touching the pin on the left gargoyle when it goes up, my game has been playing great no other issues.

What was your fix to this issue?

#13891 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dang I’m surprised it needs to be pulled out that far! I loosened the ball guide screw on mine and adjusted the rail all the way out (pictured below) and it’s perfect now. It clears the left sling on the left orbit shots and spins right orbits smoothly. I don’t get how there could be so much variation from game to game.

Mine is more like yours. I have the end of the guide right on the black line and the ball returns to the left flipper like it should, unless it's moving very slowly. I put a B/W post sleeve on the post to fill the gap. This also reduced the rattle-outs on left orbit shots, for me.

#13892 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Does anyone know an alternative to Pinstadium that works well with this game? I feel it needs more light on the PF - but don't like how bulky the pinstadium lights are - and they ruin the side blades art view

They are not inexpensive, but the PS fusion atom are pretty narrow. I haven’t seen anything with a smaller form that puts out a similar amount of light.

5264E728-AD70-4B34-8674-A535860E60E7 (resized).jpeg5264E728-AD70-4B34-8674-A535860E60E7 (resized).jpeg
#13893 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is your pin from the newer build? It’s disappointing how this happens on a game that’s been in production so long it should be better built by now.

My pin is from the 1st week's worth of new run games.

For anyone that has dealt with the turret on the top of the house not "homing" straight, how did you resolve that issue? I feel like I remember someone saying that a small piece of excess plastic is causing the opto for the turret to not stop with the turret centered at home, but can't find any specifics (pics would be awesome) of how that issue was resolved. Would appreciate any help on that front.

I am keeping a positive attitude considering how long I waited for this pin and how much everyone loves it. I have had mine a week and haven't had the opportunity to enjoy it since I've been working through a list of issues/challenges. I look forward to getting her playing 100% so I can really start to enjoy the machine

Here's what I've already done so far:
- Adjusted and readjusted two of the four gargoyles because they were getting stuck in the up position after a hard hit to the target
- Readjusted a few of the standup targets in both banks of 3 because they were crooked
- Unsuccessfully attempted to adjust and tweak the shooter lane to make both manual and autolaunch plunges consistent so they smoothly go all the way around the house and down the left orbit towards the flippers (both tend to rattle a bunch and barely make it to the back of the house)
- Lower trough power to 150 from whatever the factory installed number was (trough ejects on all sterns from factory are way too strong)
- Lowered flipper power to 220 from 250 (seems to play better and shots to both ramps aren't nailing the plastic roof protectors at the top of both ramps)

Here's what I still need to do:
- figure out a final solution for the shooter lane inconsistencies (still trying to figure this out...very annoying issue)
- adjust the left orbit so that balls coming around and down towards the flippers hit the left flipper and not the sling. Also, I'm hoping this same adjustment makes shots to the left orbit from the right flipper less clunky (aware of proper solution and waiting until after the shooter lane issue is resolved to fix this)
- Adjust the house turret so it is centered when in the stopped, home position (looking for help on a solution)
- Adjust/tweak the crypt kicker VUK so it ejects more consistently (aware of a few different solutions but this is less important to me than the other stuff right now)

#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:For anyone that has dealt with the turret on the top of the house not "homing" straight, how did you resolve that issue? I feel like I remember someone saying that a small piece of excess plastic is causing the opto for the turret to not stop with the turret centered at home, but can't find any specifics (pics would be awesome) of how that issue was resolved. Would appreciate any help on that front.

There turret roof is held on by one screw in the top. Take the turret roof off and look inside, and you'll see a plastic actuator arm. This trips the optos to tell the game the position of the roof. For some reason, there may be an excess piece of black plastic on the end of the actuator. Carefully remove or file down the black plastic (leave the gray plastic intact), as this is what causes the optos to trip too soon. Here's the original post with the photo...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-40th-anniversary-edition/page/15#post-6721987

#13895 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Mine was pretty close, I had to do a VUK adjustment to get it consistent and then a few other small adjustments (left orbit rail) but now the game is playing perfectly, I absolutely love it!

#13896 1 year ago

So anyone else feel like the default sling and flipper power is way too high at least on this new run? I keep slowly tweaking both down, the slings specifically are crazy powerful, with so many times slings just blasting the ball right into the outlane. It's a fast shooter even after I've tuned down the flipped and slings a bit, kind of feel like I might tone em down slightly more.

I've had and Elvira for the past year and a half, but was able to play a new one at the Louisville Arcade Expo. The flipper power was way higher on the new one than my older one... which I thought was set at default. In general, the slings are super dangerous on the game (or at least mine) and where I get a lot of drains.

#13897 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Hurry up Pinball on YouTube has a great do it yourself fix. Took me about 40 minutes to build and install. Looks fantastic and super inexpensive.

#13898 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue with their turret not turning? Mine tries but just wiggles a bit.

#13899 1 year ago

I just received an update from my distro. They are planning to resume production of Elvira at the end of this week. Fingers crossed that they make it through production and produce one for everyone (myself included) who has one on order.

#13900 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

[quoted image]

I think its because my left side is very low. Once I adjust that I will probably need to bring this adjustment back a bit..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/278?hl=schaitas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.