IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 362.
#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Finally received my game today!!! So far everything has been great out of the box for gameplay. The issue I do have is I cannot connect the insider system. No matter what I do I can’t get it to connect to WiFi. It shows it’s there, enter the password but it just says unable to join. I’ve reset the wifi adapter and still can’t connect

Did you register the game?

#13702 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Did you register the game?

You might try moving the wi-fi dongle to the other port. I had to do that to get mine to work.

#13703 1 year ago

I’ve tried moving the dongle. It shows the networks but won’t join them. I’ve tried resetting the modem and changing passwords, swapped ports, and still just says unable to join

#13704 1 year ago

What are the network names?
Are they similar, or the same but on different routers/extenders..

I think I remember someone saying that games get confused when trying to join 2 different networks with the same name… or something like that.

You have gone onto Stern website and registered the game before trying insider connected right?

#13705 1 year ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I’ve tried moving the dongle. It shows the networks but won’t join them. I’ve tried resetting the modem and changing passwords, swapped ports, and still just says unable to join

I had a dongle that just didn't work - I ended up getting a tp-link one from Amazon and it worked fine. Something to try at least - Stern sent me another Startech one about 6 months or more later, and I didn't even bother to try it since the tp-link one was working fine.

#13706 1 year ago

Anybody know how long Stern will be running the current batch of E3 premiums?

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Anybody know how long Stern will be running the current batch of E3 premiums?

Hopefully soon? It was supposed to be a one week run but it's been three now, dealers haven't gotten all their shipments in yet. But it shouldn't be much longer, they have to get to production on Foo Fighters soon so they need to catch up. I guess the stories that this is a pain in the butt pin to put together is true since it's taking them extra long to get em out the door.

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had a few problems. Once sorted haven’t needed to work on again. It’s a slow burn this one. I really enjoy playing it. One thing I did find with ball launch was I believe the gate at the top, the bracket was over the orbit and was hitting it on ball launch. Removed the wire inside and turned it all around, now it never hits the one way gate bracket. Also lifting up the metal ramp slightly so it clears the orbit guide rail is common to a lot of stern games. Had to do it in avengers and turtles. Here’s a pic of my gate bracket, you will see it’s opposite to yours. Btw you have adjusted the shooter and auto launch prongs if the ball isn’t sitting correct at rest right?
[quoted image]
Also I have fucking buyers remorse with pretty much every pin I bought.

This improved the area quite a bit on my game, thanks for the tip! One issue down... =)

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I had a dongle that just didn't work - I ended up getting a tp-link one from Amazon and it worked fine. Something to try at least - Stern sent me another Startech one about 6 months or more later, and I didn't even bother to try it since the tp-link one was working fine.

How much for the Startech?

#13711 1 year ago

Out of stock already. lol

#13712 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How much for the Startech?

I bought 6 the TP-Link WiFi dongles for the Insider Connect hack...all worked w/o issue.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13713 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I bought 6 the TP-Link WiFi dongles for the Insider Connect hack...all worked w/o issue.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

Hmm, what is this IC hack that you speak of? I have my new Bond LE setup with IC and a hardwired Ethernet connection and it works great. Are you saying that I can get my Munsters LE and EHOH Premium working with IC without having to purchase/add the IC hardware?

Thanks.

Gord

#13714 1 year ago
Quoted from SacPinDaddy:

Just got my Elvira today. I need some help. I can’t get the playfield to go back in place. I can’t push it back any farther. Any help will be appreciated.
[quoted image]

Make sure the front end is leveled out

Try this

With the game try lifting one of the front corners

It’s is magically reseats itself

The game is requiring a better level

My Addams Family had the same issue cause the cabinet wasn’t square

Worth a try anyways

#13715 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Late at night and just using an old photo from avengers. Basically a lot of machines use a metal ramp to elevate the ball over the orbit rail on ball launch. These metal ramps are only attached via 2 screws in the shooter lane ( the bit that looks like 2 prongs). Anyway the bit up the top near the orbit is not supported on the right and sometimes sinks down lower than the orbit rail. Often on launch you’ll hear it clunk as it hits the side of the orbit and the ball will be diverted and clunk at this crossover. If you run a ball over it with your hand and you feel it catch then undo the screws, remove the ramp and pack it underneath with something like a cutdown post sleeve. This should raise it enough to give clearance.
Of course you also need to make sure shooter tip is in the middle of the ball when ball is at rest in shooter lane, tip is a mm or so behind ball without touching and both auto launch forks are touching. Do launch problems occur with manual plunge, auto launch or both. If it’s only one then it’s a shooter rod alignment or auto launch fork alignment problem. If it’s both then something in the shooter lane path is affecting it.
Lastly take a slo mo of ball launch to help you work out where problems occur.
Crap picture shows the shooter ramp in green and the orbit rail u want to be higher than in with a purple arrow.
[quoted image]

The screws to my metal shooter lane ramp fork were so tight, I stripped them trying to remove. Now one is slightly stuck up and I couldn't get it off, and I can't raise or lower either one at all. So I can't use my machine at all until I figure out how to remove them. Might just call a professional or something.

I am not good at this.

Elvira is going to kill me.

#13716 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, what is this IC hack that you speak of? I have my new Bond LE setup with IC and a hardwired Ethernet connection and it works great. Are you saying that I can get my Munsters LE and EHOH Premium working with IC without having to purchase/add the IC hardware?
Thanks.
Gord

Sure can. I have 1 QCR reader pin (GZ), 5 non-QRC reader Spike 2 that I added the IC hack, and a JP that runs the different video code - so I can't add IC to that pin.

Easy to do. In a nutshell, on your non-IC Spike 2 pin, you just add the WiFi dongle, memory card, update the software, then using an ethernet extension cable, connect the QRC reader from your QRC pin to the non-QRC pins and set up (connect the QRC back up to the pin that originally had it). The QRC reader is not needed once the non-IC is connected to Insider. Done.

There's a thread about it somewhere w/detailed instructions, let me look for it.

Edit: IC hack discussed here, read up on the specifics.: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/75#post-7069574

I unplugged the QRC reader from the node board and used this female-to-female adapter with a long ethernet cable to go around to the other pins.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/edit/7468274#ctop

A cheap memory card from Wallymart, the TP-Link dongle, and you're in business.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13717 1 year ago

Posting some good news for those that didn't receive theirs yet. Mine arrived last week - from the 1st batch. I set it up this AM and have been playing non-stop. So far, so good. No issues at all out of the box. I know this won't last forever since there are many complex mechs in there.... but in terms of QC - mine has no issues - (Not bragging - just sharing some good new / hope to those that are waiting)

123 (resized).jpeg123 (resized).jpeg
#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Sure can. I have 1 QCR reader pin (GZ), 5 non-QRC reader Spike 2 that I added the IC hack, and a JP that runs the different video code - so I can't add IC to that pin.
Easy to do. In a nutshell, on your non-IC Spike 2 pin, you just add the WiFi dongle, memory card, update the software, then using an ethernet extension cable, connect the QRC reader from your QRC pin to the non-QRC pins and set up (connect the QRC back up to the pin that originally had it). The QRC reader is not needed once the non-IC is connected to Insider. Done.
There's a thread about it somewhere w/detailed instructions, let me look for it.
Edit: IC hack discussed here, read up on the specifics.: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/75#post-7069574
I unplugged the QRC reader from the node board and used this female-to-female adapter with a long ethernet cable to go around to the other pins.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/edit/7468274#ctop
A cheap memory card from Wallymart, the TP-Link dongle, and you're in business.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the detailed response.

Gord

#13719 1 year ago

Question for everyone. Are the gargoyles on the right side that guard the crypt supposed to hit the glass when hit. If not how to beat adjust?

Thanks

#13720 1 year ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Question for everyone. Are the gargoyles on the right side that guard the crypt supposed to hit the glass when hit. If not how to beat adjust?
Thanks

Yes, they are supposed to hit the glass.

#13721 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I have a new game from the recent run. I've had multiple issues between the shooter lane, left orbit out of alignment, gargoyles sticking up and not returning down, and this weekend the house ramp went half way up and never came back down. Took me over 3 hours to take the entire house apart and correct. So far I think I've played it for maybe an hour total, and spent at least 6 or 7 hours fixing it.

How did you fix the "gargoyles sticking up and not returning down", if I may ask. - I get this occassionally.

#13722 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

How did you fix the "gargoyles sticking up and not returning down", if I may ask. - I get this occassionally.

For mine I slightly loosened the screw under the gargoyles rear end. It’s not loose, it’s snug, not as tight as it was. This allows that bracket to have more give and allow the stick to more freely move up and down. So far so good in my machine.

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

The screws to my metal shooter lane ramp fork were so tight, I stripped them trying to remove. Now one is slightly stuck up and I couldn't get it off, and I can't raise or lower either one at all. So I can't use my machine at all until I figure out how to remove them. Might just call a professional or something.
I am not good at this.
Elvira is going to kill me.

Sorry to hear this. Is there a nearby mate that’s into pinball that can help? Maybe the screwdriver head was slightly rounded or not the optimum size? Can you ask your distro for help?

#13724 1 year ago

Does anyone know where to get the Boney Beast from Scared Stiff? I was thinking about putting in my EHOH if I can find one. I found a full set with flippers and other pieces, but I was hoping to just find the snake.

#13725 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Does anyone know where to get the Boney Beast from Scared Stiff? I was thinking about putting in my EHOH if I can find one. I found a full set with flippers and other pieces, but I was hoping to just find the snake.

Are you looking for just the bones to adapt to EHOH? John

#13726 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I’d just get that if it’s $200 or less. Buying a whole new set is expensive.

#13727 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Are you looking for just the bones to adapt to EHOH? John

Yes I am just looking for the skull and some rib bones.

#13728 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’d just get that if it’s $200 or less. Buying a whole new set is expensive.

I found the set but it was $300 from planetary pinball.

#13729 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Ministry of pinball, 6.49 euro each, you need 17.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/scared-stiff-skeleton-rib.html

You may buy the skull from pinballlife or get it from ministry of pinball.

https://www.pinballlife.com/scared-stiff-boney-beast-skull-glow-in-the-dark.html
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/scared-stiff-bony-beast-skull.html

Great tutorial video here:

#13730 1 year ago

thank you very much. I was having hell finding the individual rib bones.

#13731 1 year ago

Great video, I used chalk paint & wiped it off. Works great rather than mixing powder.

271384D5-ED73-4F80-84A1-9EEE3CA613F1 (resized).jpeg271384D5-ED73-4F80-84A1-9EEE3CA613F1 (resized).jpeg28640C63-4457-4499-AA96-F089F7F82708 (resized).jpeg28640C63-4457-4499-AA96-F089F7F82708 (resized).jpegCBA2016F-BEFB-4C0A-9C4F-7184BD7F8116 (resized).jpegCBA2016F-BEFB-4C0A-9C4F-7184BD7F8116 (resized).jpeg
#13732 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

Great video, I used chalk paint & wiped it off. Works great rather than mixing powder.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it adhere well? I have a set of bony flippers I want to put on ehoh

#13733 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does it adhere well? I have a set of bony flippers I want to put on ehoh

I haven’t had a problem. The painted areas hardly get hit by the ball. I guess you could put a clear over it to seal it but do t think it’s necessary. J

8E9CF64D-CCDA-4758-BB44-5DA732F4E89D (resized).jpeg8E9CF64D-CCDA-4758-BB44-5DA732F4E89D (resized).jpeg
#13734 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I haven’t had a problem. The painted areas hardly get hit by the ball. I guess you could put a clear over it to seal it but do t think it’s necessary. J
[quoted image]

Looks very good, headed to Walmart tmrw

#13735 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks very good, headed to Walmart tmrw

That’s where I got it. This is the color I chose. Just use a wet paper towel or rag to wipe off gently. I made mine a little darker than most.

00A2E1B8-E9E2-4991-9654-26F053A15F5D (resized).jpeg00A2E1B8-E9E2-4991-9654-26F053A15F5D (resized).jpeg
#13736 1 year ago

Thx for the info, been holding onto these flippers for 3 years trying to decide, this looks easy and perfectly detailed. Thanks for the photos

#13737 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx for the info, been holding onto these flippers for 3 years trying to decide, this looks easy and perfectly detailed. Thanks for the photos

Super easy, wipe off when paint is wet, it dries quickly. If you do t like it then add a little more to darken. Kinda hard to mess it up.

#13738 1 year ago

2 weeks since this was expected into my dealer, getting way too anxious, doesn't help with how slow Stern is going with getting these out. Hope this is the week.

#13739 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

2 weeks since this was expected into my dealer, getting way too anxious, doesn't help with how slow Stern is going with getting these out. Hope this is the week.

Relax, the delay is a good thing

They will ship by TPF.

#13740 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They will ship by TPF.

Was told they are expecting em end of the week or by Monday probably if the delivery doesn't make it before the weekend. So should be getting it delivered finally sometime next week.

#13741 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:2 weeks since this was expected into my dealer, getting way too anxious, doesn't help with how slow Stern is going with getting these out. Hope this is the week.

I am dying inside too. I keep checking my email every half hour, every single day for any type of information. I was hoping today being the middle of the month we would receive something.

#13742 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

I am dying inside too. I keep checking my email every half hour, every single day for any type of information. I was hoping today being the middle of the month we would receive something.

It's crazy that a 1 week run has turned into 3.

Stern must hate this machine with how slow it is to assemble.

#13743 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

It's crazy that a 1 week run has turned into 3.
Stern must hate this machine with how slow it is to assemble.

Those that bought this time will be very happy when the game is discontinued with no further runs.

This is the kiss goodnight before they turn off the lights on Elvira.

The only way they do it again is if they have another 500 presold, and at a higher price than it is now (no way this is happening).

#13744 1 year ago

I love the EHOH crate, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Many thanks to Vimtoman for developing this fantastic mod and the great service!

4711489F-E3A4-4619-8DDD-EAD69E30363F (resized).jpeg4711489F-E3A4-4619-8DDD-EAD69E30363F (resized).jpeg793E32C3-7EE7-458B-BE8A-54B6F074900C (resized).jpeg793E32C3-7EE7-458B-BE8A-54B6F074900C (resized).jpeg
#13745 1 year ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

I love the EHOH crate, it looks absolutely fantastic.
Many thanks to Vimtoman for developing this fantastic mod and the great service![quoted image][quoted image]

Totally agree. I just received my Elvira and immediately installed this mod and absolutely love it!

#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was looking to do the same. You can order the skull and/or rib pieces individually from either Planetary or Marco. Marco has several options at varying prices for the rib pieces including white, grey, cream, or glow in the dark

#13747 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Posting some good news for those that didn't receive theirs yet. Mine arrived last week - from the 1st batch. I set it up this AM and have been playing non-stop. So far, so good. No issues at all out of the box. I know this won't last forever since there are many complex mechs in there.... but in terms of QC - mine has no issues - (Not bragging - just sharing some good new / hope to those that are waiting)
[quoted image]

Love to see the positive feedback!

#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They will ship by TPF.

I’d rather wait an extra week or two to ensure quality.

#13749 1 year ago

What's the latest build date that someone has received? The last date that I saw was February 21st. Have more actually left the factory since then?

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

For mine I slightly loosened the screw under the gargoyles rear end. It’s not loose, it’s snug, not as tight as it was. This allows that bracket to have more give and allow the stick to more freely move up and down. So far so good in my machine.

Thanks a lot! That worked for me also - was a really quick fix!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/275?hl=schaitas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.