IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 363.
#13551 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So what's the deal with EHOH, is it on the line again this week or no? I was told no but I didn't see anything from Stern stating otherwise.

Quoted from PinStalker:

On the line (still)...... Stern totally forgot how to build these.
No way they run this again. Two and a half weeks production time for one week's worth of machines? Ouch.

Yup, on the line. This was posted 56 minutes ago on their FB page

https://fb.watch/jbd_JF-xg_/

#13552 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

On the line (still)...... Stern totally forgot how to build these.
No way they run this again. Two and a half weeks production time for one week's worth of machines? Ouch.

Ok. Yeah. I just saw the post.

#13553 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have this on my wishlist alert and have been getting bombarded with notifications lately. What gives? Why so many listed for sale?

Stern is actively producing them right now. After pushing off making them for almost 2 years.

More are making their way onto the market as the supply is increasing.

#13554 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Stern is actively producing them right now. After pushing off making them for almost 2 years.
More are making their way onto the market as the supply is increasing.

Price was higher and a ton of new games just dropped so folks prioritizing is my guess.

#13555 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I have this on my wishlist alert and have been getting bombarded with notifications lately. What gives? Why so many listed for sale?

Because demand is about to be totally satisfied, and with that prices are falling. People getting out since it doesn't have elevated value anymore. No need to hold onto it if it's going to be readily available.

#13556 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

No need to hold onto it if it's going to be readily available.

I’ll be holding onto mine because it’s frigging amazing, value be damned!

But yeah, I’ll have to make some hard choices for sure over the next few months with the bounty of incoming shiny new things.

#13557 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Because demand is about to be totally satisfied, and with that prices are falling. People getting out since it doesn't have elevated value anymore. No need to hold onto it if it's going to be readily available.

“Totally satisfied” seems unlikely since it hasn’t sounded like this wouldn’t be a very big run.

#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Owners of the old runs were holding on to them thinking it won’t be run again. Now it did, so they are selling to lock in the profits before the value dips with the new run landing to the new owners’ hands

#13559 1 year ago

I'm now official and can quit being a "lurker" on this thread. What a relief, I was afraid I'd get called out.

0310231526 (resized).jpg0310231526 (resized).jpg
#13560 1 year ago

One of my gargoyles does not slide very well. Does a person need to take it apart and file the surround it is supposed to glide up and down on or will this just loosen up over time?(yes I took the foam off and checked underneath, it is just super tight) Also and this will sound totally noob. But when the ball goes into the house with the face on the ramp. is the house supposed to hold that ball and start a mode. I am just trying to figure out if mine is working properly. I have seen a couple posts where this may have been an issue? Thanks.

#13561 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

One of my gargoyles does not slide very well. Does a person need to take it apart and file the surround it is supposed to glide up and down on or will this just loosen up over time?(yes I took the foam off and checked underneath, it is just super tight) Also and this will sound totally noob. But when the ball does into the house with the face on the ramp. is the house supposed to hold that ball and start a mode. I am just trying to figure out if mine is working properly. I have seen a couple posts where this may have been an issue? Thanks.

When the big arrow insert in front of the house ramp is slow pulsing and a window is flashing lit on the house, then the ball should be held to start a mode. The arrow insert will be lit solid until you hit enough house ramp shots to light the haunt and then it will pulse, although it begins the game pulsing to start a haunt on ball 1.

Gargoyle likely won't loosen up over time on its own. Will likely take just a small tweak to get it jumping if you want it to jump more.

#13562 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

When the big arrow insert in front of the house ramp is slow pulsing and a window is flashing lit on the house, then the ball should be held to start a mode. Gargoyle likely won't loosen up over time on its own. Will likely take just a small tweak to get it jumping if you want it to jump more.

Thank you!

#13563 1 year ago

I'll be streaming EHoH tonight at 8pm cst if anyone wants to come hang out. Questions about the game, rules, etc... are always welcome. I will do my best to highlight all parts of the game. (The game may have other plans. She can be mean when she wants to.) Hope to see some of you in chat!

www.twitch.tv/pridepinball

#13564 1 year ago

Distro said 2 weeks ago it should be here in 2 weeks. Today I was told another 2 weeks. But with the delays we heard about and seeing that they are on the line now it probably makes sense. Can't wait to finally bring this home.

#13565 1 year ago

One of my gargoyles does not slide very well. Does a person need to take it apart and file the surround it is supposed to glide up and down on or will this just loosen up over time?(yes I took the foam off and checked underneath, it is just super tight) Also and this will sound totally noob. But when the ball goes into the house with the face on the ramp. is the house supposed to hold that ball and start a mode. I am just trying to figure out if mine is working properly. I have seen a couple posts where this may have been an issue? Thanks.

I'm not sure what's up with your gargoyle...but to remove, there's a screw on the bottom of the metal rod. Easy to remove.

Any chance it's just a wire rubbing on the metal rod, causing it to hang up?

#13566 1 year ago

For those new Elvira HOH owners that plan on adding DocQuest's video apron mod and want to maintain access to their insider connected QR code reader, I make and sell a mounting kit that allows you to move the reader to the coin door. They can be purchased on Pinside via this link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

Other offer a simmiliar mod now but I was the first person to design one and offer them for sale. I have sold over 500 of them and would appreciate you buying one directly from me. I have both in my machine and highly recommend them!

IMG_6632 (resized).jpgIMG_6632 (resized).jpg
#13567 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm not sure what's up with your gargoyle...but to remove, there's a screw on the bottom of the metal rod. Easy to remove.
Any chance it's just a wire rubbing on the metal rod, causing it to hang up?

Yeah I have checked underneath twice and made sure the wires are not pushing against it. The guid the rod runs up and down through has some rough areas that are binding it up. But it appears the more I hit it the looser it is getting.

#13568 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I had seen these somewhere here on pinside but since no one sold them. The model is on thingverse (all credit to whomever mode the model) so I bought a 3D printer and made a set. Kind of a fun add - just sit right on the bolts.
[quoted image]

Baller alert! Nice 40th.

#13569 1 year ago

Yeah I have checked underneath twice and made sure the wires are not pushing against it. The guid the rod runs up and down through has some rough areas that are binding it up. But it appears the more I hit it the looser it is getting.

Sounds like a small file is needed to maybe take a burr off somewhere?

#13570 1 year ago

Run volume estimates, anyone?

I'm just wondering how many EHOH's Stern was able to churn out during this last run. I don't need a number; I need an approximate volume. Like, was it such a big run that all the preorders were satisfied and there are still units left over?
I ask because I bought a machine from a distributor who only this week submitted his order to Stern. Is there any chance his order will be filled because Stern in fact made a LOT of machines on this run and preorder demand has already been met? I'm seeing a lot of NIB E3 Premiums appearing in the Classifieds section this week. It looks like a lot of pins are shipping. I'm also seeing ads from distros for NIB E3's at MSRP.

#13571 1 year ago

Delete…

#13572 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

For those new Elvira HOH owners that plan on adding DocQuest's video apron mod and want to maintain access to their insider connected QR code reader, I make and sell a mounting kit that allows you to move the reader to the coin door. They can be purchased on Pinside via this link.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount
Other offer a simmiliar mod now but I was the first person to design one and offer them for sale. I have sold over 500 of them and would appreciate you buying one directly from me. I have both in my machine and highly recommend them![quoted image]

I have installed two of Gotfrogs adapters (with headphone jack); one in EHoH. Highly recommend.

#13573 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I had seen these somewhere here on pinside but since no one sold them. The model is on thingverse (all credit to whomever mode the model) so I bought a 3D printer and made a set. Kind of a fun add - just sit right on the bolts.
[quoted image]

Really nice models; there are about 10 different gargoyles that could have the same updates done (45 degree corner cut out and hex bolt indentations). I went with a stone finish on mine

#13574 1 year ago

What kind/color of plastic protectors do you guys recommend? Can’t stand looking at these washers

#13575 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

What kind/color of plastic protectors do you guys recommend? Can’t stand looking at these washers

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0160-00

Whatever you do, do not get the CLIP set from MezelMods. Trust me.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13576 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:Whatever you do, do not get the CLIP set from MezelMods. Trust me.

Why do you say that? They look sweet.

#13577 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Why do you say that? They look sweet.

I installed a set and am slowly removing them. They change the color of the artwork.

#13578 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I installed a set and am slowly removing them. They change the color of the artwork.

Not sure I understand..... the red interacts with the lighting? Or something else?

I have a set and just waiting for a game. The pictures look really cool, a Tron-like effect. I figure pinstadiums would really make them pop. So many things protected too......

They aren't good?

#13579 1 year ago

I just got my machine today! Been lurking here, reading updates when they would finally make these. Thanks to all those in the know posting production schedules.

Playing a few games, I have checked for some of the common problems people have been reporting issues with (ball lock post, kick out, etc) those all seem to be working. I am fairly familiar with this game and I noticed that the lights in the house are not lighting for the correct mode/window. With a ball in the shooter lane, I flip through all the windows, like I would to pick the mode to start. But instead of lighting the six windows, as I flip through them it lights middle right window, upper right window, the 2 light for multi balls, the left small window above the one, the top left window, and then no window(this starts a mode). I also managed to grab a skeleton key, and instead of the rightmost window lighting, it lights the bottom right window. I haven’t lit house party yet to see if that is on the correct window. And the locks, ball one lights the right small window above the two. Ball two lights the one.

Anyone have advice on this? It seems they are all shifted one, I really don’t want to take the house apart, but this seems like it wasn’t wired properly.

#13580 1 year ago

What colors look good? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of people using them

#13581 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Not sure I understand..... the red interacts with the lighting? Or something else?
I have a set and just waiting for a game. The pictures look really cool, a Tron-like effect. I figure pinstadiums would really make them pop. So many things protected too......
They aren't good?

Quoted from FlopTube:

What colors look good? I feel like I haven’t seen a lot of people using them

The color of the CLIP protectors (red) overpowers the artwork. It turns it red/darkens it. Use clear protectors or the kind that has the middles cut out so only the edge shows. (I forgot what they're called. Don't even know if they're available.)

In the pics below you can see how the red protectors overpower the purple in the artwork.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion after having installed them almost four years ago. I liked them at first, but have come to despise them. The fluorescent edges look great. It just the way it changes the artwork that doesn't.

Elvira Plastic 1 (resized).jpegElvira Plastic 1 (resized).jpegElvira Plastic CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic No CLIP (resized).jpegElvira Plastic No CLIP (resized).jpeg
#13582 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No way in Hell I'd trade my EHoH for Godfather. Not by a longshot.

I just don't see the appeal of that game. Decapitated horse head multiball anyone?

Rob

#13583 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I just don't see the appeal of that game. Decapitated horse head multiball anyone?
Rob

I’m excited about the design, and I’m hoping it’s a blast to play. But, although The Godfather is a classic story and great film, I agree that it’s not exactly an obvious pinball theme. There are SO many movie titles I’d like to see first (Goonies, Superman, Friday 13th, etc), but something about this one made me pull the trigger. I haven’t watched the gameplay stream yet, but I was told the music and callouts are pretty lighthearted and playful, which is odd. That’s not really The Godfather at all, if true. I also find the opulent art package puzzling. The Corleone family were about power, not flaunting wealth. They flew under the radar, in many ways. Their homes in Italy and NYC are pretty understated. The bling is a little much. So, I’m kinda banking on the gameplay and rules! Eric did a great job on POTC, and I’m hoping TG is just as good.

#13584 1 year ago

With all the mods that are available for EHOH, which ones are everybody favorites that they have installed?

#13585 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The color of the CLIP protectors (red) overpowers the artwork. It turns it red/darkens it. Use clear protectors or the kind that has the middles cut out so only the edge shows. (I forgot what they're called. Don't even know if they're available.)
In the pics below you can see how the red protectors overpower the purple in the artwork.
Of course, this is just my personal opinion after having installed them almost four years ago. I liked them at first, but have come to despise them. The fluorescent edges look great. It just the way it changes the artwork that doesn't.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

OOoooooohhhhhhh, I see....... thank you for showing that.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if overhead lighting solves that? (since light wouldn't be coming up from underneath)
I'm really looking forward to trying my set. I didn't realize the whole thing was red.

I was looking for your install video and couldn't find it. Was hoping to watch that stream you did..... 20 some pieces, I'm guessing you figured out where they all go

#13586 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

OOoooooohhhhhhh, I see....... thank you for showing that.
Hmmmmm, I wonder if overhead lighting solves that? (since light wouldn't be coming up from underneath)
I'm really looking forward to trying my set. I didn't realize the whole thing was red.
I was looking for your install video and couldn't find it. Was hoping to watch that stream you did..... 20 some pieces, I'm guessing you figured out where they all go

I have them on a number of my pins and I love the look personally. EHoH is pretty straight forward install as well vs others.

#13587 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah. The VOD is long gone and I apparently didn't save it to YouTube. I did figure out where they all went. (That one piece under the right ramp by the lower pop bumper.)

#13588 1 year ago
Quoted from beepbeep:

With all the mods that are available for EHOH, which ones are everybody favorites that they have installed?

The DocQuest video apron mod is my favorite.

#13589 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The DocQuest video apron mod is my favorite.

Medisinyl’s set is a must have if you can find a set. I love Mageek’s trailer as well. And lastly, the blood from back alley and their new gargoyle plastics are outstanding.

#13590 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. The VOD is long gone and I apparently didn't save it to YouTube. I did figure out where they all went. (That one piece under the right ramp by the lower pop bumper.)

Like I said. Love the look. And laying the next set out for IMDN.

17F5C6C8-EF66-4ABB-A6D3-D76D4257D491 (resized).jpeg17F5C6C8-EF66-4ABB-A6D3-D76D4257D491 (resized).jpeg82A89C13-2DD3-41C8-9929-D92A0291A756 (resized).jpeg82A89C13-2DD3-41C8-9929-D92A0291A756 (resized).jpeg
#13591 1 year ago

My EHOH has developed a problem where Wild Women multiball releases the 3 balls, but then launches all other balls so turns into a 6 baller. I think I read others had this problem but couldn’t find the posts/fix (opto?). Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.

#13592 1 year ago

I had some apron decals made up. They came a little oversized so they need to be trimmed to fit but I think that they came out pretty good. I have 4 extra sets. First 4 to PM me can have a set. No charge. Will put in the mail on Monday.

EF7AC629-0940-4F5F-B45A-76C296098AB5 (resized).jpegEF7AC629-0940-4F5F-B45A-76C296098AB5 (resized).jpeg
#13593 1 year ago

I posted in wrong thread and a nice community member responded. I want to see if anyone else had this issue

I get airballs from shooter lane about half the time. It either hits the wire gate before the house and airballs, or airballs off the shooter lane before the wire ramp. The area up there is quite dimpled and I’ve only had it a day.

My plunger looks like it’s hitting the center of the ball (which community member suggested) and still having issues. Auto plunger also creates air balls more often than not.

Pin is level and 6.6 degrees

#13594 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yuck

#13595 1 year ago
Quoted from OneShiningMoment:

I just got my machine today! Been lurking here, reading updates when they would finally make these. Thanks to all those in the know posting production schedules.
Playing a few games, I have checked for some of the common problems people have been reporting issues with (ball lock post, kick out, etc) those all seem to be working. I am fairly familiar with this game and I noticed that the lights in the house are not lighting for the correct mode/window. With a ball in the shooter lane, I flip through all the windows, like I would to pick the mode to start. But instead of lighting the six windows, as I flip through them it lights middle right window, upper right window, the 2 light for multi balls, the left small window above the one, the top left window, and then no window(this starts a mode). I also managed to grab a skeleton key, and instead of the rightmost window lighting, it lights the bottom right window. I haven’t lit house party yet to see if that is on the correct window. And the locks, ball one lights the right small window above the two. Ball two lights the one.
Anyone have advice on this? It seems they are all shifted one, I really don’t want to take the house apart, but this seems like it wasn’t wired properly.

I fixed it! Thinking about it all being off one, and during attract mode the skeleton key window never lit up, I was wondering if a plug was on wrong. Sure enough, I found it, one pin exposed and the wire plug shifted.

ED6DD493-3AF9-4CBD-A7BC-D54F90B1FAAD (resized).jpegED6DD493-3AF9-4CBD-A7BC-D54F90B1FAAD (resized).jpeg
#13596 1 year ago

Solved issue with game and didn’t cost a dime.
FB7F4F83-9BFA-40B0-AB40-E1AA5CAC4340 (resized).jpegFB7F4F83-9BFA-40B0-AB40-E1AA5CAC4340 (resized).jpeg

#13597 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

I had some apron decals made up. They came a little oversized so they need to be trimmed to fit but I think that they came out pretty good. I have 4 extra sets. First 4 to PM me can have a set. No charge. Will put in the mail on Monday.
[quoted image]

All sets have been claimed!

#13598 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Just get the acrylic washers - you won't see them at all and they're far far cheaper than a plastics protector set. I've never broken a plastic.

#13599 1 year ago

I'm still waiting on mine, hopeful that it will come as I've been told by the distributor I'm getting one. Assuming I do get one I want to upgrade the speakers. I see 2 options on Pinball Life - the flipper fidelity kit (https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-fidelity-stern-spike-2-le-conversion-8-woofer-2017-present-lcd.html) or going with Scott Danesi's Boom Boom 3000 (https://www.pinballlife.com/boom-boom-3000-8-speaker-upgrade-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html) and the Kenwood LE speakers (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html). You'd also need the associated mounting plates so the pricing is about the same for either package.

Has anyone installed these in their Elvira or any other Stern? I'm not interested in adding an amp or external sub so really looking for drop in replacements like these 2 options. Just wanted to hear for others if one option is better than the other.

#13600 1 year ago
Quoted from toaster777:

I'm still waiting on mine, hopeful that it will come as I've been told by the distributor I'm getting one. Assuming I do get one I want to upgrade the speakers. I see 2 options on Pinball Life - the flipper fidelity kit (https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-fidelity-stern-spike-2-le-conversion-8-woofer-2017-present-lcd.html) or going with Scott Danesi's Boom Boom 3000 (https://www.pinballlife.com/boom-boom-3000-8-speaker-upgrade-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html) and the Kenwood LE speakers (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-le-speaker-set-5-14-4-ohm.html). You'd also need the associated mounting plates so the pricing is about the same for either package.
Has anyone installed these in their Elvira or any other Stern? I'm not interested in adding an amp or external sub so really looking for drop in replacements like these 2 options. Just wanted to hear for others if one option is better than the other.

I installed the Kenwood LEs so I could add speaker lights. The sound quality is better but not revolutionary imo.

DC158736-8681-4E5E-8E1D-069CEA79067E (resized).jpegDC158736-8681-4E5E-8E1D-069CEA79067E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.