IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 363.
#13501 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Same, I was told it could go into next week.

I'm curious what happened with this production run?
It was set for one week of production, and the 1st two days of units arrived at distros and went out to customers (1st half of slated production).

The second half hasn't shown up at distros, and the production at Stern bleed into the following week along with some GZ's being made.
The people who received units from the 1st half of production seem to have reported issues with the game. I wonder if that's why it's taking Stern longer to deliver the second half.

We don't seem to know if the second half have shipped from Stern, but it looks like this week with arrival at distros next week.
Why did it take so long? Parts? Rework? Both? Two weeks late isn't a good thing, but I hope they fixed whatever problems they ran into after a couple days of making it. I guess Stern forgot how to build this game, not surprising since they haven't done it in two years, and they hate assembling it. I sure was hoping for some adjustment improvements learned from the last time they made EHOH...... they must have tossed out those notes.

#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Just got my tracking number. With an eta of Tuesday delivery.

Got delivery window of 9:45 - 11:45 on Tuesday. Getting excited now

#13503 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The people who received units from the 1st half of production seem to have reported issues with the game. I wonder if that's why it's taking Stern longer to deliver the second half.

I'll say mine has been pretty solid, outside of a few small adjustments. I have definitely been doing more playing than fixing. I am very happy with the quality overall, but maybe I just got lucky for a change. There must be at least one troublesome part or process that makes this game extra difficult for Stern to produce.

#13504 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:I am curious to what distributors you guys are using. Nothing irritates me more than lack of, or bad information.
I have used 2 distributors, Dominic at the Pinball Company who was great with both purchases that I made through him. Informative and very responsive.
The other was Cointaker, who I had heard really good things about, but have been less than helpful and very lacking in customer service.

Will at Old Town Pinball has been great to work with and very responsive.

#13505 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why wait? I got one for sale right now!

Lol because I'm all paid up and you're some ways from me. Trust me I already looked haha.

Quoted from Hop721:

Did he say whether it's shipped? I'm still waiting to hear back from mine. Ugh, indeed.

He just said he's waiting on his second shipment. I didn't really go to deep with the convo. I'm hoping the shipment hasn't just arrived yet. I'm pretty sure FF is on the line so I'm hoping they fufiled all the orders.

#13506 1 year ago

I just talked to my distributor- she said they are owed 25 more games and it should be about two weeks- the saga of getting this game will just not end!

#13507 1 year ago
Quoted from drewthegator:

I just talked to my distributor- she said they are owed 25 more games and it should be about two weeks- the saga of getting this game will just not end!

That's so interesting..... that almost suggests Stern didn't build them all yet.

What is going on over there? They are in the middle of Foo production, it's not like they're going to stop that.

#13508 1 year ago

I just got Elvira delivered! Only ordered last Friday. Lucked out with a distributor.

Cannot wait to go home and set her up! Glad to join the club with you all!

#13509 1 year ago

Is the game still on the line this week? I guess will know possibly tomorrow?

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from drewthegator:

Maybe she’s including shipping time in that?

#13511 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

I am curious to what distributors you guys are using. Nothing irritates me more than lack of, or bad information.
I have used 2 distributors, Dominic at the Pinball Company who was great with both purchases that I made through him. Informative and very responsive.
The other was Cointaker, who I had heard really good things about, but have been less than helpful and very lacking in customer service.

I buy through Jordan at Next Level. The communication can be a little frustrating but the trade-offs are worth it to me: He doesn't ask me for a deposit, it's just a verbal "i'd like to order this game" "ok" agreement and, most importantly to me, I can pick the game up at his shop at my leisure-I have a steep driveway that you cannot get a pallet jack up and I also have a job that I cannot take days off to be home to receive shipments. And I pay straight MSRP (no shipping charges). He'll also unbox it for me so we can find any damage before I leave with the game. It's worth it to me if I have to reach out (he is usually quick to respond) rather than waiting for info.

#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I buy through Jordan at Next Level. The communication can be a little frustrating but the trade-offs are worth it to me: He doesn't ask me for a deposit, it's just a verbal "i'd like to order this game" "ok" agreement and, most importantly to me, I can pick the game up at his shop at my leisure-I have a steep driveway that you cannot get a pallet jack up and I also have a job that I cannot take days off to be home to receive shipments. And I pay straight MSRP (no shipping charges). He'll also unbox it for me so we can find any damage before I leave with the game. It's worth it to me if I have to reach out (he is usually quick to respond) rather than waiting for info.

That is awesome service! I’m stuck with the front legs on and everyone else is at work.

5597BEEB-9CAF-411F-A583-B432976C14CC (resized).jpeg5597BEEB-9CAF-411F-A583-B432976C14CC (resized).jpeg
#13513 1 year ago

Congrats! Gotta set the paintbrush tool to full opaque if you don't want us seeing the serial...

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Congrats! Gotta set the paintbrush tool to full opaque if you don't want us seeing the serial...

Yup. Now I'm going to clone that pin using the serial number! Easy money!

#13515 1 year ago

Ha ! Man some dudes just leave it with the order form with their real name and address and post pics on here! at least I tried lol

#13516 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Ha ! Man some dudes just leave it with the order form with their real name and address and post pics on here! at least I tried lol

I have my real name in my profile. Maybe hard to believe but my avatar is not actually me.

#13517 1 year ago

FWIW - my distributor received games this week. I paid - shipping label created yesterday - but Fed Ex has not picked up yet.

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have my real name in my profile. Maybe hard to believe but my avatar is not actually me.

Noway! I was going to ask if maybe you had your wisdom teeth removed. But I didn’t want to offend you.

Now I need to let her warm up. It’s cold outside today!

#13519 1 year ago

Do you have to do anything to get the topper working? It works in test mode (the lid opens) and I have it set to go off in adjustments, but it has never once opened during gameplay or attract mode while the game is one. I have it set to go off in attract/in-game mode at 40% or something.

I have to add that to my long annoying list of issues, but hopefully there is something I am overlooking here? I have installed lots of toppers, and never, ever had an issue.

I made a list of problems my game had from Stern. I am at 11 on that list without writing down this topper issue!! lol - worst NIB experience Ive had, and I have had some bad ones.

#13520 1 year ago

Dumb question. Are the people/distros that got their games recently located closer to Chicago? That might explain why some are waiting longer. For example if I ordered from a Miami distro does the game physically have to go to Florida before it can be reloaded then sent back to me in Illinois? Just the reroute could take weeks logistically.

#13521 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

Do you have to do anything to get the topper working? It works in test mode (the lid opens) and I have it set to go off in adjustments, but it has never once opened during gameplay or attract mode while the game is one. I have it set to go off in attract/in-game mode at 40% or something.
I have to add that to my long annoying list of issues, but hopefully there is something I am overlooking here? I have installed lots of toppers, and never, ever had an issue.
I made a list of problems my game had from Stern. I am at 11 on that list without writing down this topper issue!! lol - worst NIB experience Ive had, and I have had some bad ones.

Set it to 100% for game mode. It will go off every time you start wild women multiball. If you put it at 100% for attract it will go off every time you hit a flipper button when it settles down into full attract mode.

#13522 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Dumb question. Are the people/distros that got their games recently located closer to Chicago? That might explain why some are waiting longer. For example if I ordered from a Miami distro does the game physically have to go to Florida before it can be reloaded then sent back to me in Illinois? Just the reroute could take weeks logistically.

My distro was nowhere near Chicago and I am nowhere near Chicago or the distro. I got my game Monday. Usually the game will go to your distro and then to you. Some larger distros have warehouse space in Chicago so that they can ship from there and save on shipping costs and turnaround time.

#13523 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Quoted from Jkush18:

That might account for a day or two, but not weeks. (assuming the weather is "normal")

I am curious as to how these orders get fulfilled though. I ordered mine on 2/16/23 and it was delivered on 3/1/23. Yet I am seeing posts from people that ordered long before me and still have not received their machines. Do certain Distros get more preference than others? or is it just a crap shoot?

Curious minds want to know...

#13524 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Yeah the mpdpvdpin dude posted his Halloween box pic from his driveway, full name written on the box and corner street sign in the background. I PM'd him his address and he quickly edited the pic. People don't realize what they post sometimes haha

#13525 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Set it to 100% for game mode. It will go off every time you start wild women multiball. If you put it at 100% for attract it will go off every time you hit a flipper button when it settles down into full attract mode.

That worked!!! Thank you very much!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13526 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

No way in Hell I'd trade my EHoH for Godfather. Not by a longshot.

Even if I make you an offer you can’t refuse?

#13527 1 year ago

Even if I make you an offer you can’t refuse?

I am pretty excited about TG, but I agree. I wouldn’t trade mine either.

#13528 1 year ago

Just unboxed and all set up

And I found this little piece in the shipping box. Any idea where it goes?

20230309_122259 (resized).jpg20230309_122259 (resized).jpg20230309_132106 (resized).jpg20230309_132106 (resized).jpg20230309_132122 (resized).jpg20230309_132122 (resized).jpg
#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Just unboxed and all set up
And I found this little piece in the shipping box. Any idea where it goes?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO probably a few hundred places you could check.

#13530 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get the crypt roof mod? I made the mistake of taking a close look at the one that’s on there and now I can’t unsee the light through the peak of the roof.

#13531 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:Anyone know where to get the crypt roof mod? I made the mistake of taking a close look at the one that’s on there and now I can’t unsee the light through the peak of the roof.

Is someone selling it? If you post in the 3D printer thread someone might go ahead and print them for you for a couple bucks. The files are freely available

#13532 1 year ago

Glad to see people getting shipping notifications and games!

Still could use some pointers for my game:

The house will not lock/hold the ball during mode start about 50% of the time. Doesn't seem to matter how perfect the shot was into the house. I adjusted the coil/post behind the backboard as suggested in the key post. Any other ideas?

Also, still fussing with the awful shooter lane hop/ping-ponging - any suggestions for adjustments to that ramp? Should I move the plastic ramp and try to get a level reading on the metal launch ramp? Bend it somehow? Not sure where to go from here...

#13533 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Anyone know where to get the crypt roof mod? I made the mistake of taking a close look at the one that’s on there and now I can’t unsee the light through the peak of the roof.

Pinsider Swoods was selling them, shoot him a note he may still have some.

1771B7F9-D898-43BF-B091-7576ECEC147F (resized).jpeg1771B7F9-D898-43BF-B091-7576ECEC147F (resized).jpeg
#13534 1 year ago

Hello, hoping someone can tell me the size of slingshot rubber. Thanks

#13535 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

I sell them but prefer to sell them as an add on to my camper. If it’s only the light that’s bothering you it would be easy to take one side off and put some electrical tape at the peak and put it back on.

#13536 1 year ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Hello, hoping someone can tell me the size of slingshot rubber. Thanks

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/byGame/5742

#13537 1 year ago

I had to relist my ad because a picture did not upload correctly.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “Elvira House of Horrors with Stern Topper, Stern Art Blades, Stern Shaker Motor and Plastic Protectors! ALL 100% Brand NEW! I can assist in loading it onto a vehicle with a forkl...”
2023-03-10
Berwick, PA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 291 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13538 1 year ago

Wahoo! Hopefully get my game in a few days, seems I just made the cut. My distributor is local so just have to set up delivery.

Screenshot_20230310-082113 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230310-082113 (resized).png
#13539 1 year ago

One of my gargoyles flew off the post on my NIB game I got last night. Hopefully a fluke!

Will do some research here if others had the issue.

Otherwise enjoying my new game a lot.

#13540 1 year ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

One of my gargoyles flew off the post on my NIB game I got last night. Hopefully a fluke!

I believe someone was having the same issue very recently. I'd put a dot of gorilla glue in the gargoyles and let them cure overnight.

#13541 1 year ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Both of mine by the house did - super glue working so far, I still requested replacement parts under warranty though. They are $50 each on the parts sites.

#13542 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Both of mine by the house did - super glue working so far, I still requested replacement parts under warranty though. They are $50 each on the parts sites.

Great idea. Thanks to you and poster above this. Great community!!

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I did. Box was in good condition but unfortunately small scratch under shooter rod assembly.
[quoted image]

Get the Backalley Creations magnetic blood that goes right under there. It looks awesome and will cover that right up.

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Get the Backalley Creations magnetic blood that goes right under there. It looks awesome and will cover that right up.

Backalley blood goes on the shooter housing. You could put it under but the hole cutout for the shooter would look weird.

D3FF628A-984A-4264-BF71-3D2E3CB80085 (resized).jpegD3FF628A-984A-4264-BF71-3D2E3CB80085 (resized).jpeg
#13545 1 year ago
Quoted from whistlervan:

Probably a bad glue job, for reference I have almost 3000 plays on my first run game and one came off last week for the first time, a little epoxy all good.

#13546 1 year ago

So what's the deal with EHOH, is it on the line again this week or no? I was told no but I didn't see anything from Stern stating otherwise.

#13547 1 year ago

It finally happened.
Now to let it warm up after it’s 11days in a trailer.
All looks good so far.

C1991068-0E85-4514-B0ED-4B815C82CBF7 (resized).jpegC1991068-0E85-4514-B0ED-4B815C82CBF7 (resized).jpeg
#13548 1 year ago

I had seen these somewhere here on pinside but since no one sold them. The model is on thingverse (all credit to whomever mode the model) so I bought a 3D printer and made a set. Kind of a fun add - just sit right on the bolts.

76C3E480-E65B-45DF-AE87-AF6DAEB565EE (resized).jpeg76C3E480-E65B-45DF-AE87-AF6DAEB565EE (resized).jpeg
#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So what's the deal with EHOH, is it on the line again this week or no? I was told no but I didn't see anything from Stern stating otherwise.

On the line (still)...... Stern totally forgot how to build these.

No way they run this again. Two and a half weeks production time for one week's worth of machines? Ouch.

#13550 1 year ago

I have this on my wishlist alert and have been getting bombarded with notifications lately. What gives? Why so many listed for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/271 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.