IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 363.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

similar issue/ symptom here.
game is a mess. At this point I truly believe that the new crappy optos are the culprit (they use a ton in this game).
Power distribution seems to be different in game vs in test mode so it make it completely impossible to diagnose.

Quoted from frg:

To clarify… the issue started first when I wanted to start Gappa Angry afew day ago. I did not Play any game later. Today I started the first game ever since.
So this is not a Gappa Angry issue but an issue to recognize the house shot at all.
The opto worke in the test… in the game game also, since I get 30 Points when the opto is operated (with ball or any other "tool"), but I don not get "the shoot" e.g. start house mode.
What else is needed other than the house ramp opto? If nothing else than it is not a switch/opto problem...

This is what I had to do to get our game working properly. You are having software issues the same as we did.
1. email or call Stern. If they have been no help go to step 2.
2. Flash a new (and formatted) SDHC card with current code 0.88 and put it in the game. (do not use the Stern one that came in the game, ours was faulty) https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/ Make sure your game is turned off before changing the SD card. This should fix your issues.
3. Check the mounting screws are tight on the garage ball lock and the opto under the Haunted house, both of ours were loose, sometimes they worked sometimes they did not. Make sure the optos are aligned properly and use a ball to test.

#1252 4 years ago

It’s a little hard to see the ball in this picture (right at the bottom post) but I’m seeing the ball get stuck there quite frequently, typically when the ball is launched. Most of the time ball search will result in it being kicked loose, but not always. Anyone experiencing a similar problem and come up with a solution? My game is set at just about 7 degrees.

I’m thinking part of the problem is that the flasher cable isn’t dressed properly. Mine is pressing on the right side of the cover plastic for the bottom pop bumper. Also - is the triangular plastic -59 in the right place? Can’t figure out what it would do in that location?

5788E8A6-7504-4A82-BC91-BBF714CB7C65 (resized).jpeg5788E8A6-7504-4A82-BC91-BBF714CB7C65 (resized).jpeg

E1A99EC4-E8C0-4CE5-B5E5-C76C9D8375D5 (resized).jpegE1A99EC4-E8C0-4CE5-B5E5-C76C9D8375D5 (resized).jpeg
#1253 4 years ago

I have watched the EHOH's launch party at Logan Arcade stream this weekend. They played on game code 0.88.1.

There are some changes that I have noticed:
-6 more scores on the score table:
Drive me Crazy Champion
Gar-Goils Gone Wild Champion
Wild Women Multiball Champion
Add-a-Zombie Multiball Champion
Attic-Attack Multiball Champion
Trunk Multiball Champion
-One more Deadhead (Sunny Beach Head)
-The crypt kicker power seems to be set higher (ball hit the trunk or its targets everytime)

#1254 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone experiencing a similar problem and come up with a solution?

Experiencing it? On occasion. Have I found a solution? Just a mild wiggle of the game so far.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Dear JFH, do you have some wet spots under playfield protector? Does the Novus 1 cleaning prevented them from appearing?
Thank you for all your explanations. Now, I see what I have to do.

#1256 4 years ago

Hey group - Ordered a Pre about 6 weeks ago and still waiting. Anyone else still waiting for their premium?

Thanks

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from rj_tenn:

Hey group - Ordered a Pre about 6 weeks ago and still waiting. Anyone else still waiting for their premium?
Thanks

Hi Rob-
I got my premium within two weeks after payment. How much longer are they telling you? On the bright side, maybe you will get one without some of the 'easy fix' issues. Hope you get it before the holidays!

#1258 4 years ago

Our latest mod for EHOH...Lighted Skeleton Key. The skull eyes are interactive with the GI, turning off and dimming. We also can offer a version that will interact with the skeleton key insert, substantially more labor and parts for that. We've also relocated our lighted bat to the back left, floating him off the backboard above the ramp turn.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods

00000IMG_00000_BURST20191217071456157_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20191217071456157_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217070414831_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217070414831_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071336206_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071336206_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071424012_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191217071424012_COVER (resized).jpg
#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our latest mod for EHOH...Lighted Skeleton Key. The skull eyes are interactive with the GI, turning off and dimming. We also can offer a version that will interact with the skeleton key insert, substantially more labor and parts for that. We've also relocated our lighted bat to the back left, floating him off the backboard above the ramp turn.
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=t%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the looks of this one. Pretty significant upcharge for the insert version though. Isn’t this just a difference of where the mod connects?

Does the insert version also react with the GI or just turn on/off with the insert?

Can you post a pic from the backside? Want to see how it’s wired.

#1260 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like the looks of this one. Pretty significant upcharge for the insert version though. Isn’t this just a difference of where the mod connects?
Does the insert version also react with the GI or just turn on/off with the insert?
Can you post a pic from the backside? Want to see how it’s wired.

It requires the use of a relay board and a daughter board to drop the voltage down. It's a lot more labor intensive to tie it to the insert. Honestly, it's not something I want to make for a mod like this as I think the GI connection works, but it someone wants it, I'll do it. That's why i have such a price difference. Out the back is just the wires from the leds that are glued to the back of the key.

#1261 4 years ago

For those that have replaced the SD card - what size is it?

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have replaced the SD card - what size is it?

16GB

#1263 4 years ago

Just recently got my Premium.Arranged a small tournament on it the last weekend, but now she's out working.

I really like the game, ever since I played it at Pinball Expo. And when I already have the other two, the decision wasn't that hard.

DSCPDC_0001_BURST20191127195135215_COVER (resized).JPGDSCPDC_0001_BURST20191127195135215_COVER (resized).JPGDSC_0671 (resized).JPGDSC_0671 (resized).JPGDSC_0749 (resized).JPGDSC_0749 (resized).JPG
#1264 4 years ago
Quoted from TerminatorNo1:

And when I already have the other two, the decision wasn't that hard.

That was a big factor in my decision too. Glad the game turned out to be a fitting companion to the other two.

The Elvira trilogy seems to have worked out for fans of the first two than it did for Black Knight fans.

#1265 4 years ago

Might just be me, but this game seems really lacking in code right now. Shoot the house, start a mode, hit lit shots, rinse and repeat. I’ve only seen like 6 or 7 screen modes, seem to just repeat and all they are is hitting lit arrows, very static. I mean what’s the strategy? Completing the lanes at the top doesn’t really do much like increase multipliers, etc. There are a few dead heads and other MB’s, which are cool, but it just feels kind of dead right now. I hope more code comes soon. Given what we’ve seen for other recent releases and from other manufacturers, this seems behind. I know Batman took forever, but I can only hope that doesn’t get repeated. It’s an expensive game taking up precious space and I think most of us would like the game further along, I certainly would.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I know Batman took forever, but I can only hope that doesn’t get repeated. It’s an expensive game taking up precious space and I think most of us would like the game further along, I certainly would.

Can’t really compare Batman and Elvira code in the development cycles. Batman 66 was moved up and out of order in the schedule so it really was pretty much a box of lights at release. Lyman also revamped the direction of the game some months in which caused additional churn in the code development, requiring more time. Elvira was pushed back in the development cycle though Lyman wasn’t able to take fully take advantage of that. However, unlike Batman, his overall plan for the code hasn’t changed. That was made very clear at the team seminar at Expo.

Everyone is waiting to see what Elvira will become. I don’t mind the journey - I actually enjoyed watching the code progression with Batman and I expect the same with Elvira. Would I like to see the game further along? Of course. If it were anyone else on the code I would have waited to see where it ends up before buying. Too many have been burned by code disappointments over the past few years. But I decided I *really* preferred the LE and decided it was worth the gamble to be in early because of Lyman’s perfectionism and because his track record speak for itself.

Yes, it’s an expensive game I had to sell a family favorite to make room for. Visually, the game is a perfect fit with the previous two. The “get these monsters out of my house and back on the film” theme is perfect for an Elvira game. I’m a home collector with a lot of patience, not an operator that has to see immediate results. I waited 23 years to have a worthy follow up to EATPM and Scared Stiff - I got one designed by the Elvira dream team. I can wait a while longer to see where Lyman and company bring us with House of Horrors.

#1267 4 years ago

^^^^^ Well said.^^^^^

#1268 4 years ago

Yeah just to back up those comments, I think this game is perfect in every way. It's the Elvira I wanted, that I didn't know I wanted. I was initially a bit taken aback by what they did with the third game as I was expecting another (or updated) Scared Stiff. What Stern actually made was a far better game, far better theme, and an art package that works as an over all package.

The theme - old movies haunting the house - is the best thing I could have imagined. It works perfectly. I understand why it might not gel with some people, but for me it really does. I can't remember the last time a pinball machine captivated me and give me 'actual' joy while I play through it like House of Horrors does. Absolutely love it.

#1269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Yeah just to back up those comments, I think this game is perfect in every way. It's the Elvira I wanted, that I didn't know I wanted. I was initially a bit taken aback by what they did with the third game as I was expecting another (or updated) Scared Stiff. What Stern actually made was a far better game, far better theme, and an art package that works as an over all package.
The theme - old movies haunting the house - is the best thing I could have imagined. It works perfectly. I understand why it might not gel with some people, but for me it really does. I can't remember the last time a pinball machine captivated me and give me 'actual' joy while I play through it like House of Horrors does. Absolutely love it.

It’s not that it doesn’t gel, and I actually find it very fun to shoot and think stern did a nice job, it just needs more to make it come alive. It will get there, I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. I’ve been through a lot of code waiting (avengers, xmen) so I’m no stranger to it, just thought progress would be quicker.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

We love ours as well. I cannot stop laughing at the shitty movies in the haunt modes. We have not played any game as much as 3lvira since TWDLE in 2015! Looking forward to code updates. In Lyman I trust.

#1271 4 years ago

I own an EATPM and a SS a long time and I absolutely love them. I ordered this one (premium) and I am still waiting to get it here in Belgium, however the LE is already here in Belgium. I love reading all the posts and looking at the pictures and the videos. I also envying you guys who already have it at home... Code will be there when it's time to be there. Just at the right time ...

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s not that it doesn’t gel, and I actually find it very fun to shoot and think stern did a nice job, it just needs more to make it come alive. It will get there, I just hope it’s sooner rather than later. I’ve been through a lot of code waiting (avengers, xmen) so I’m no stranger to it, just thought progress would be quicker.

We've already had four updates since launch. They've been minor, but it's like unwrapping a Christmas present every time. Each new update adds more fun and excitement to the game. I like seeing it progress. It's been almost three weeks since the last update. Maybe Lyman will surprise us with a Christmas gi.ft of .90. (fingers crossed)

#1273 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is Lyman Lermods. You know this!

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We love ours as well. I cannot stop laughing at the shitty movies in the haunt modes. We have not played any game as much as 3lvira since TWDLE in 2015! Looking forward to code updates. In Lyman I trust.

I’m right there with you on Elvira and TWD. Gotta throw JP in there as well

#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

To clarify… the issue started first when I wanted to start Gappa Angry afew day ago. I did not Play any game later. Today I started the first game ever since.
So this is not a Gappa Angry issue but an issue to recognize the house shot at all.
The opto worke in the test… in the game game also, since I get 30 Points when the opto is operated (with ball or any other "tool"), but I don not get "the shoot" e.g. start house mode.
What else is needed other than the house ramp opto? If nothing else than it is not a switch/opto problem...

Okay - problem solved…

The motor of the diverter behing the house was kind of blocked due to the switch leafs were too long and overlappeg the metal part. So that they finally got stuck in the Wood.

We bended them a bit so that there is no overlap… works fine now.

The overlap might cause a total disfunction or a partial disfunction. With shorter leafs or more distance to the wood cutout this could have been easily avoided.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 15.59.19 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 15.59.19 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Okay - problem solved…
The motor of the diverter behing the house was kind of blocked due to the switch leafs were too long and overlappeg the metal part. So that they finally got stuck in the Wood.
We bended them a bit so that there is no overlap… works fine now.
The overlap might cause a total disfunction or a partial disfunction. With shorter leafs or more distance to the wood cutout this could have been easily avoided.[quoted image]

Please report this to Stern

#1277 4 years ago

Moved Elvira in to the arcade!

Still trying to figure out what order they should be in, if I should put LEDs in EATPM and if the LE actually has glare reducing glass in it
21F0EA16-E639-4DB2-8566-2D57FC7C3595 (resized).jpeg21F0EA16-E639-4DB2-8566-2D57FC7C3595 (resized).jpeg74B65E47-44FE-4C1C-848E-202EF7081A4D (resized).jpeg74B65E47-44FE-4C1C-848E-202EF7081A4D (resized).jpeg8E0F5DDC-89AD-4327-A162-07573D6492BF (resized).jpeg8E0F5DDC-89AD-4327-A162-07573D6492BF (resized).jpeg

#1278 4 years ago

That's what I am wondering too. I think from left tot right: EATPM, Elvira3, SS ...

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Also - is the triangular plastic -59 in the right place? Can’t figure out what it would do in that location?

Yes, mine is in the same spot. I have a theory regarding why random plastic is where it is: "When it doubt, it's to deflect a stuck ball". That appears to be the case here.

Regarding the stuck ball, I'm taking a closer look at it. It looks like the ball is resting between the pop bumper and the black rubbered post behind the crypt. I'd wonder why the pop bumping isn't popping in this situation. My best guess is there's a little wire loop right there maybe pressing/numbing the pop bumper response.

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Regarding the stuck ball, I'm taking a closer look at it. It looks like the ball is resting between the pop bumper and the black rubbered post behind the crypt. I'd wonder why the pop bumping isn't popping in this situation. My best guess is there's a little wire loop right there maybe pressing/numbing the pop bumper response.

I’m thinking on mine the wire for the flasher might be getting in the way. I meant to check this before I put the game in place.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

Whitey, where did you get the spider web on lock down bar? Thx

#1282 4 years ago

New art blades on Stern's website;
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

Curves-ACCESSORY_Art_Blades_REV-MergedCMYK_082719_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgCurves-ACCESSORY_Art_Blades_REV-MergedCMYK_082719_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg
#1284 4 years ago

Is there a good image of the topper posted yet? And if not... Is Elvira on the topper or is it just the Gargoyles and just crypt... If that's their topper I'll be looking elsewhere for mine. I might buy a Party Monsters topper and use that in the short term. And in the long term just make my own topper then. I want a nice pinup type image of elvira. Something a bit cheesecakey, but also campy and fun.

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Is there a good image of the topper posted yet? And if not... Is Elvira on the topper or is it just the Gargoyles and just crypt... If that's their topper I'll be looking elsewhere for mine. I might buy a Party Monsters topper and use that in the short term. And in the long term just make my own topper then. I want a nice pinup type image of elvira. Something a bit cheesecakey, but also campy and fun.

This is the only image of the topper Stern has shared. Here's some cheesecake for ya.

E.Topper (resized).jpgE.Topper (resized).jpg20191218_060600 (resized).jpg20191218_060600 (resized).jpg
#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is the only image of the topper Stern has shared. Here's some cheesecake for ya.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks... Not a bad topper. Just not what I want in a topper. Very nice image of Elvira and festive too!
Would give you more thumbs up... But, they I can only give you one!
Thanks for the post. I'll start my plan to design the ultimate topper shortly.

#1287 4 years ago

I wonder if having Elvira in the topper would have required a separate licensing deal, hence why the topper doesn't include her.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

where did you get the spider web on lock down bar?

That’s from Tilt Graphics:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/elvira-house-of-horror-lockdown-bar-accents

#1289 4 years ago

Santa clause mode rocks

Need more updates on the code and fast !!!

#1290 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is the only image of the topper Stern has shared. Here's some cheesecake for ya.[quoted image][quoted image]

All honesty that's a terrible topper. I seen the other topper of a fellow pinsider wanted to do and its 10x better than sterns (it's similar) but its homemade basicly and better. I'll pass on this and I'm pretty sure alot of others agree

#1291 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

All honesty that's a terrible topper. I seen the other topper of a fellow pinsider wanted to do and its 10x better than sterns (it's similar) but its homemade basicly and better. I'll pass on this and I'm pretty sure alot of others agree

Perhaps, but let's see it in action, it could reserve some good lighting and moves surprises.

#1292 4 years ago

You can see 2 rubber feet on the bottom of the middle section of the topper - on the far left and right sides.

This supports my previous idea that the middle section may "flip back", and reveal something (like an image of Elvira).

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You can see 2 rubber feet on the bottom of the middle section of the topper - on the far left and right sides.
This supports my previous idea that the middle section may "flip back", and reveal something (like an image of Elvira).

I hope the gargoils pop up and down like in the game.

#1294 4 years ago

Early Christmas present from my girls.

1F58E1D4-ACAB-4F3B-9FC6-ED638878B3B7 (resized).jpeg1F58E1D4-ACAB-4F3B-9FC6-ED638878B3B7 (resized).jpeg998BFD4C-AEED-4CBD-8144-3C6DA4C71567 (resized).jpeg998BFD4C-AEED-4CBD-8144-3C6DA4C71567 (resized).jpeg
#1295 4 years ago

I’ve asked before never got an answer so asking again, when is the house turret supposed to spin? It spins when the game boots up, but I don’t recall ever seeing it spin in game mode.

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve asked before never got an answer so asking again, when is the house turret supposed to spin? It spins when the game boots up, but I don’t recall ever seeing it spin in game mode.

It is currently not in the code.

#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not sure if the turret is coded properly yet. We have only seen it spin at startup and ball search. Works in test mode.

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It is currently not in the code.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Not sure if the turret is coded properly yet. We have only seen it spin at startup and ball search. Works in test mode.

Thanks to both of you.

#1299 4 years ago

Which do people like better for a playfield figure? The cartoony Rock Candy one? Or the more realistic Amok Time one?

Trying to decide if I want to put either on the game.
2414DF2D-B43A-4003-91E9-02362D26F9F9 (resized).jpeg2414DF2D-B43A-4003-91E9-02362D26F9F9 (resized).jpegC55D836C-E53A-4613-B3D0-0EC6AAD6E38F (resized).jpegC55D836C-E53A-4613-B3D0-0EC6AAD6E38F (resized).jpeg

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Which do people like better for a playfield figure? The cartoony Rock Candy one? Or the more realistic Amok Time one?
Trying to decide if I want to put either on the game.

I had seen the Amok one, someone else had done. Those seemed to be $70 on EBay and the Rock Candy ones are about $30.

I went with the cartoonish one (Rock Candy) since I wasn’t sure I would like either. I’m leaving the Cartoonish one in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/26?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.