IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 363.
#13351 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

The length of the posts would indicate that, but I am not a fan of the sound it makes when they hit.
Totally in love with this machine.

Small post rubbers hold pretty good. Fwiw, I have 1009 plays, love the glass hitting sound, no scratches at all. You could drill a tiny hole and put a bolt thru it at desired height.

#13352 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Small post rubbers hold pretty good. Fwiw, I have 1009 plays, love the glass hitting sound, no scratches at all. You could drill a tiny hole and put a bolt thru it at desired height.

Sounds like a plan!

#13353 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Same as SS. They have to touch the glass .

Agree. I like my frogs on SS and gargoyles to just barely reach the glass on a hard shot, if possible. Rubber bands work, I’ve also used the tiny Titan post rings, those little round 3/8 or 7/16 buds.

#13354 1 year ago

I got my Elvira yesterday! I love this game!
I'm late to the party, but very happy to finally be a member of this club. I'm so happy Stern decided to do another run.

#13355 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I got my Elvira yesterday! I love this game!
I'm late to the party, but very happy to finally be a member of this club. I'm so happy Stern decided to do another run.

Agreed! I reached out less than a month ago on a whim and it showed up last week and I couldn’t be happier with it! What’s not to love? I even look forward to the end of games so I get to see the “trailers”! Great stuff. I just wish I could find the casket/Gargoyle mod for the VUX. That would be the cherry on top!

#13356 1 year ago

Finally my machine is running as it should and mods have been installed. The long wait is over and now it’s time to enjoy Elvira.

01301BDF-066C-4219-B48B-CAB36E5574CC (resized).jpeg01301BDF-066C-4219-B48B-CAB36E5574CC (resized).jpeg77A2470A-5A95-4C91-8EA4-6B47AF118EF0 (resized).jpeg77A2470A-5A95-4C91-8EA4-6B47AF118EF0 (resized).jpegB2FBE208-28A9-45A8-A51F-C1F5316CDA00 (resized).jpegB2FBE208-28A9-45A8-A51F-C1F5316CDA00 (resized).jpegB4206122-9964-4A1E-99E4-639609B153E6 (resized).jpegB4206122-9964-4A1E-99E4-639609B153E6 (resized).jpegC65B2C31-30CF-4C73-8720-0EF5A04449AB (resized).jpegC65B2C31-30CF-4C73-8720-0EF5A04449AB (resized).jpeg
#13357 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Finally my machine is running as it should and mods have been installed. The long wait is over and now it’s time to enjoy Elvira.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really want these!

81E89C63-F4C0-43AF-A3A9-BCF2C9559E76 (resized).jpeg81E89C63-F4C0-43AF-A3A9-BCF2C9559E76 (resized).jpeg
#13358 1 year ago

Has anyone that ordered from Cointaker received their machine or received confirmation that it shipped from CT out to you?

#13359 1 year ago

My EHOH shipped on the 28th …… FedEx still says it won’t get here till the 10th.
This is torture.
I’ve already rearranged the game room and have all the mods ready to go.
FedEx you’re killing me.

#13360 1 year ago
Quoted from Matt426:

My EHOH shipped on the 28th …… FedEx still says it won’t get here till the 10th.
This is torture.
I’ve already rearranged the game room and have all the mods ready to go.
FedEx you’re killing me.

Mine shipped on the 27th and we are supposed to get a snow storm tonight. So I feel your pain. Who knows when it will show up?

#13361 1 year ago

Well the ETA to Australia is late April after weeks on the water so the rest of y'all think yourselves lucky

#13362 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

The length of the posts would indicate that, but I am not a fan of the sound it makes when they hit.
Totally in love with this machine.

I wasn't a fan of the sound either so I limited the travel on mine.

I put a zip tie around the shaft and then added heat shrink tubing to keep it in place.

20200523_002838 (resized).jpg20200523_002838 (resized).jpg
#13363 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Has anyone that ordered from Cointaker received their machine or received confirmation that it shipped from CT out to you?

No payment request or confirmation yet. Deposit made 01/2022.

#13364 1 year ago

I can’t get over how ugly the IC apron card is. I’ve asked before but does anyone have a source for something better? Such a beautiful game to be using such terrible looking cards.

#13365 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I can’t get over how ugly the IC apron card is. I’ve asked before but does anyone have a source for something better? Such a beautiful game to be using such terrible looking cards.

I bought a similar one for my Deadpool.

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/elvira-house-of-horrors-premium-insider-cut-out-pinball-magnetic-wizaprons

94df7c_3548147ef3bb4928bf66d289831cb58c_mv2 (resized).jpg94df7c_3548147ef3bb4928bf66d289831cb58c_mv2 (resized).jpg
#13366 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I have to say, I’m a little unhappy with Melissa at Cointaker. I put in a deposit last year for a Houdini and her lack of customer service has been a bummer. Whenever I reached out I would only get a one sentence response (if they were even full sentences). I got tired of it so I called American Pinball and spoke to them. They were great and took the time to talk to me and let me know what the real story is, that they have a chip issue and they don’t know when they will be able to get Houdini on the line. So I then emailed Melissa and she gave me the same “it’s coming soon” story which was/is complete BS. The game is delayed, I get it and that’s not her fault, but stop telling me it’s coming soon when the fact is they have no idea when it’s going to get made. I don’t expect to have my hand held, but when I drop 8-10k on a machine I expect just a little customer service. She still hasn’t responded to my last email from a couple of weeks ago. It’s sad as Cointaker is the closest distributor to me and I was hoping to do a lot of business with them. Clearly my business isn’t valued.

#13367 1 year ago

My dealer didn't get his shipment in this past week that was expected, it seems stern is taking longer on this run than expected since it was still on the line on Friday. So probably not everyone's shipments have gone out simply.

#13368 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

I have to say, I’m a little unhappy with Melissa at Cointaker. I put in a deposit last year for a Houdini and her lack of customer service has been a bummer. Whenever I reached out I would only get a one sentence response (if they were even full sentences). I got tired of it so I called American Pinball and spoke to them. They were great and took the time to talk to me and let me know what the real story is, that they have a chip issue and they don’t know when they will be able to get Houdini on the line. So I then emailed Melissa and she gave me the same “it’s coming soon” story which was/is complete BS. The game is delayed, I get it and that’s not her fault, but stop telling me it’s coming soon when the fact is they have no idea when it’s going to get made. I don’t expect to have my hand held, but when I drop 8-10k on a machine I expect just a little customer service. She still hasn’t responded to my last email from a couple of weeks ago. It’s sad as Cointaker is the closest distributor to me and I was hoping to do a lot of business with them. Clearly my business isn’t valued.

Part of me wonders about this in a way - I don’t know how much a distro makes off of each machine - in our minds we are thinking ‘8-10k+’ of our hard earned money - and they’re thinking what? 1k of that? And then subtract out $ for time spent on the sale, support, etc. How much do they actually make off of these? I’d be interested to know. Not that the value is any excuse for a lack of customer service, but the way a lot of these distros approach customer service has me wondering if they even care about the sale of one pin to a home collector - or if the real money is to be made filling up the next barcade, D&B with the latest raw thrills, or operator inventory - I have had to jump around between distros over the years because some of them just don’t even bother to respond. And I’m a person who might check-in once every few months on an order - not daily or weekly. What’s their incentive to provide excellent communication and service?

#13370 1 year ago

You all prefer art blades or mirror blades for this one?

I'm usually a fan of mirror blades, but the art blades for this title actually look pretty good.

#13371 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I'm usually a fan of mirror blades, but the art blades for this title actually look pretty good.

I would say art blades. Mirror blades make things look more vast. They work good on space themed games. Not so much on Elvira.

#13372 1 year ago

Black mirror blades for me

#13373 1 year ago

I was going thru Elvira, just checking for loose screws, etc. I noticed the back of the crypt building was a little wobbly. Not much, but wanted see if it was easy to tighten something up. Checked the manual and there's a screw back at the back. Glancing at that area, seemed easy to get a screw driver to it without taking anything apart - good deal. Except there isn't a screw there, nor a bracket. Dimple was in the PF (circled in the photo, hard to see), but nothing was ever screwed into it.

Anyone else missing one?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13374 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I like mirrors on some pins and art blades on others. EHoH has several really great art blades to pick from. The Stern ones are very popular and feel like they are part of the original stock design. I have the multicolor ones from Tilt Graphics below…mirrors look great on most pins too, and the ones avail from Pinball Life are awesome now. The entire back is adhesive, so no screws or tape to deal with.

D402F2DE-2C04-4D64-BBDA-4C3E0F723B81 (resized).jpegD402F2DE-2C04-4D64-BBDA-4C3E0F723B81 (resized).jpeg

#13375 1 year ago

Just added the speaker lights and some homemade LED strips for the playfield. Looking great!

C2F620B2-6135-4971-AC76-54ECFCDD2C69 (resized).jpegC2F620B2-6135-4971-AC76-54ECFCDD2C69 (resized).jpeg
#13376 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Black mirror blades for me

I have been looking at the PDI black mirror blades as well. I have never used them before. How do you like them compared to the regular mirror blades?

#13377 1 year ago

Anyone

Quoted from sizzler747:

I have been looking at the PDI black mirror blades as well. I have never used them before. How do you like them compared to the regular mirror blades?

I’ve never heard about them.

#13378 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:Black mirror blades for me

Do you have a picture of that when game is on, by chance? That sounds like it would look really good. The art blades are also really good for this game!

#13379 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I like mirrors on some pins and art blades on others. EHoH has several really great art blades to pick from. The Stern ones are very popular and feel like they are part of the original stock design. I have the multicolor ones from Tilt Graphics below…mirrors look great on most pins too, and the ones avail from Pinball Life are awesome now. The entire back is adhesive, so no screws or tape to deal with.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting man. Those look great in there too.

I liked these too. Has an evil clown in the third picture. Thought these are rad too. https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/stern-elvira-house-of-horrors-art-pinblades

Good art options for this title, it's refreshing for sure

#13380 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I was going thru Elvira, just checking for loose screws, etc. I noticed the back of the crypt building was a little wobbly. Not much, but wanted see if it was easy to tighten something up. Checked the manual and there's a screw back at the back. Glancing at that area, seemed easy to get a screw driver to it without taking anything apart - good deal. Except there isn't a screw there, nor a bracket. Dimple was in the PF (circled in the photo, hard to see), but nothing was ever screwed into it.
Anyone else missing one?

I looked on my LE and it doesn't seem to have that either.

Rob

#13381 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Do you have a picture of that when game is on, by chance? That sounds like it would look really good. The art blades are also really good for this game!

I only have the blades, still waiting for my game.

I'll share pictures when installed

#13382 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone

I’ve never heard about them.

I have the PDI gold mirror blades on my MMr. They look incredible!

#13383 1 year ago

May the pinball gods bless all those waiting patiently for their second batch EHOH orders. May this week be the week for all!

#13384 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

May the pinball gods bless all those waiting patiently for their second batch EHOH orders. May this week be the week for all!

Hoping for the email soon. My distributor said it will be this week, but it’s been so long I won’t believe it until it’s delivered.

#13385 1 year ago

She's here!

PXL_20230306_143708022 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_143708022 (resized).jpg
#13386 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Hoping for the email soon. My distributor said it will be this week, but it’s been so long I won’t believe it until it’s delivered.

Nice! I’ve been getting the mushroom treatment…

#13387 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I am about to put my house up for sale and was thinking I might want to do the same, never know what kind of things could offend people when they are walking through the house. Doesn't bother the family, but I always get paranoid about every little thing before showings.

I find the modesty sticker actually brings more attention to it, but maybe that is just me.

#13388 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I find the modesty sticker actually brings more attention to it, but maybe that is just me.

haha yep, makes it appear that she is topless in the backglass...

leads me to wonder if CPR would make that version?

#13389 1 year ago

Here's a couple of pics of her going in and one of her in her final resting place. I am in love.

EHOH2 (resized).jpgEHOH2 (resized).jpgEHOH2 (resized).jpgEHOH2 (resized).jpgHome Pins (3-6-23) (resized).jpgHome Pins (3-6-23) (resized).jpg
#13390 1 year ago

arrived saturday, need some mods though. Anyone else's ramp edge hit the left gargoyle when the ramp goes up on the house?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13391 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

arrived saturday, need some mods though. Anyone else's ramp edge hit the left gargoyle when the ramp goes up on the house? [quoted image]

Yes, mine just started doing that. Been busy adding lights and art blades but I am going to try to look at that issue tonight.

#13392 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Yes, mine just started doing that. Been busy adding lights and art blades but I am going to try to look at that issue tonight.

Even in the official Stern promo video for the game, the ramp lifts up a gargoyle (the right one in the video)

#13393 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Even in the official Stern promo video for the game, the ramp lifts up a gargoyle (the right one in the video)

This is true.

#13394 1 year ago

What is everyone’s choice for non-glare glass? I have a really bad back-box reflection on the upper play field and the machine is too gorgeous to cover the back box!

#13395 1 year ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

arrived saturday, need some mods though. Anyone else's ramp edge hit the left gargoyle when the ramp goes up on the house? [quoted image]

Quoted from JKKeogh:

Edit: My ramp caught the pin holding the gargoyle, not the gargoyle itself, so maybe this post didn't answer your question. But it might be appropriate, so I'll leave it.

Yep, but mine is not from the most recent build. Drove me nuts numerous times, to the point I paid more attention to that than game play at times. I'd tinker with it, it would be OK, then over time it was hanging up again. Grrr... I *might* have resolved that issue last week. I played it over the weekend and it was OK and I was going to shoot some more tonight - but I don't want to declare victory yet. I'll post pictures later (can't right now).

But in a nut shell if it catches the pin:

1) Make sure the nut under the PF is tight. While you're at it, try to bias the bracket up top to so it provides more clearance when everything is assembled.
2) I replaced the screw up top w/a hex head/lock washer so I could snug it up a bit better. Maybe not needed, but made it easier to tighten w/o taking the gargoyle off.
3) Added a little blue thread lock to the hex head screw up top.
4) The pivoting bracket - I bent one of the taps (the left one) outward to help prevent the pin from scooting to the right too much. This helped a lot.
5) The pin that allows the movement is squished on the ends to keep it from coming out... Mine seemed to be excessively long (the squished length), I ground the right side down some. There's a picture posted in the thread not long ago (I posted about my ramp problem earlier) that show another gent's pin having a lot shorter squished length. This did make a difference.

I did these things over the course of a few months (not in the order listed). Each one helped, but there was never 'one thing' that seemed to fixed it. Since this evolved over time, maybe they are all not needed. There's just so much slop in everything, if they all go the wrong way - then the ramp could hang up on mine. All Stern had to do was make the flap on the ramp slightly narrower and that would have solved the problem.

I should add, I've never taken the house apart. Perhaps there's something in there that could be adjusted.

#13396 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

What is everyone’s choice for non-glare glass? I have a really bad back-box reflection on the upper play field and the machine is too gorgeous to cover the back box!

Set the backbox lighting to a lower level when game is in play.

#13397 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Set the backbox lighting to a lower level when game is in play.

Good tip! Thanks!

#13398 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:Set the backbox lighting to a lower level when game is in play.

Is this an option in the menu?

#13399 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is this an option in the menu?

Yes. It is. You can set backbox lighting levels for attract mode, play mode and service mode. (This applies to all Spike 2 games.)

#13400 1 year ago

Waiting for mine to arrive. XPO is killing me here!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,119 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/268?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.