IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 362.
#13301 1 year ago

Very small batch of crypt signs for those getting new games. We will have more of these, but just a couple left right now.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign/v/EHH-CRYPT-SGN-CRY-SGN

6D5F1393-9E6C-45BB-AC24-BA58E8AF56A2 (resized).jpeg6D5F1393-9E6C-45BB-AC24-BA58E8AF56A2 (resized).jpeg
#13302 1 year ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

What is the recommended pitch?Just got mine today.
[quoted image]

Most all DMD era and newer pins play very well at 6.5 to 7 degrees of pitch. Don't overthink it.

#13303 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Apparently mine needs all the fixes as well. I'll look at garage up post tonight. My left orbit always hits the sling so I'll need to adjust the guide as well. The canon, or whatever its called on the right always shoots the balls too high. I'll have to see if anything else is off as well. Glad we have these threads to help out on new games.

Garage lock is fixed. Yes it was the up post misaligned. Quick and easy fix and now it works great. I'll get to the others hopefully this weekend. I'll just play it and have fun for a bit.

I am having a hard time hitting the backdoor skill shot on the plunge. I've hit it once I think on the plunge.

How are shots through the main ramp through the house supposed to act? I've had a few that seemed like rejects. They'd be clean shots but they'd come back out and down the ramp. It's not often but I'm trying to figure this out. Truthfully this game is ridiculously good. Loving it so far! Left ramp seems smooth.

#13304 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I am having a hard time hitting the backdoor skill shot on the plunge. I've hit it once I think on the plunge.
How are shots through the main ramp through the house supposed to act? I've had a few that seemed like rejects. They'd be clean shots but they'd come back out and down the ramp. It's not often but I'm trying to figure this out. Truthfully this game is ridiculously good. Loving it so far! Left ramp seems smooth.

I think the backdoor skillshot is maybe too easy now with the revised ball guides.

I'm not fond of the backdoor skill shot because it has no value. Starting a haunt early really isn't much of an award is it when doing it manually is still quite easy. Also, the backdoor advances any running haunt which is actually detrimental to points collection. I want to play the haunts, not skip through them (most of the time). These are the things which Lyman just never had time to tweak and polish. Backdoor Secret Passage (ala WhiteWater) was implemented late in game code.

If you are getting many rejects on shooting the house ramp, try lowering the flipper coil strength. I did that on my game.

Rob

#13305 1 year ago

Quick question. When first starting a new game, are the haunts available right away or do you have to qualify them? I am trying to figure out if I have an opto problem. I shoot up the middle and the opto looks to be registering but the haunt doesn’t start. When I start a mode from the back any shots up the middle seem to be registering. In test mode the opto reads the ball just fine.

#13306 1 year ago

When you first start you either need a back door shot or your first shot through the door will start the first haunt. Each window in the house represents a particular haunt.

For the shots coming back out of the house. I had the same issue and put a piece of Velcro in the tubing behind the house to slow it down and prevent it from coming back before the post is down. Scorpius has a picture of it on post #8731

#13307 1 year ago

The shots go through and the opto registers but I am beginning to think it’s a diverter issue in the back of the house.

#13308 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

we'll be drowning in Foo's in 6 months

I think you are exactly right. The early buzz is encouraging, and it could be justified. It sounds like early sales will be robust. But, not everyone is a Foo fan (their only song I really know and like was that peppy one with the Mentos video on MTV, and I don’t think it’s even in the game) and the verdict is still out on gameplay. I hope it’s awesome, because the more awesome pins, the better. But EHoH is a sure thing. It’s a proven top 10 pin. I bet Stern sells so many Foos, that in 6 months when Godfather, or the next Stern, or Deadpool 2 come out, you’ll have no trouble grabbing a new or used Foo. I’m just glad so many people are finally getting their EHoH!

#13309 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I think you are exactly right. The early buzz is encouraging, and it could be justified. It sounds like early sales will be robust. But, not everyone is a Foo fan (their only song I really know and like was that peppy one with the Mentos video on MTV, and I don’t think it’s even in the game) and the verdict is still out on gameplay. I hope it’s awesome, because the more awesome pins, the better. But EHoH is a sure thing. It’s a proven top 10 pin. I bet Stern sells so many Foos, that in 6 months when Godfather, or the next Stern, or Deadpool 2 come out, you’ll have no trouble grabbing a new or used Foo. I’m just glad so many people are finally getting their EHoH!

I do hafta finish the story tho after my bud did the bait and switch on me. I ended up texting Zach at 2am and ordered a Foo pro guys. I mean great shots and the plot is effin Scooby-Busters from Mars! Hopefully everyone wins here but I'm not losing my Elvira either so easy for me. Both!

#13310 1 year ago

Thanks Greg!

These are pending sold at the moment.

#13311 1 year ago

I just got the call from shipper. Looks like I should finally have my EHOH on Monday.

#13312 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just got the call from shipper. Looks like I should finally have my EHOH on Monday.

Congrats! I need to call my dealer today to make payment and also see if he got his shipment. I was second on the list so there should be no issues as I told him I would get back to him at the end of the week.

#13313 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Quick question. When first starting a new game, are the haunts available right away or do you have to qualify them? I am trying to figure out if I have an opto problem. I shoot up the middle and the opto looks to be registering but the haunt doesn’t start. When I start a mode from the back any shots up the middle seem to be registering. In test mode the opto reads the ball just fine.

If you see the skull on the center shot ramp and the purple light flashing in front of it.

Hitting the center shot should start a mode.

I believe with default code it should be lit at the start of the game. Modes started after the first take an additional shot to the house to start.

#13314 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

If you see the skull on the center shot ramp and the purple light flashing in front of it.
Hitting the center shot should start a mode.
I believe with default code it should be lit at the start of the game. Modes started after the first take an additional shot to the house to start.

Unfortunately I believe it’s the diverter in the back. It’s not going up and stays in the down position. I am guessing something is binding or maybe the switches in the back are not being activated. Looks like I get to put my head under the hood today after work.

#13315 1 year ago

Just paid for my game, it ships today. Dealer sold everyone he got, glad I told him early on that I wanted one.

#13316 1 year ago

Can't wait to have to make all the tweaks that should have been fixed long ago

#13317 1 year ago

Com'on final invoice..... is today the day?

You'd think the dealers would have received their shipments already.

#13318 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Com'on final invoice..... is today the day?
You'd think the dealers would have received their shipments already.

Mine said he had his for days, did you check with Kaneda or Zack?

#13319 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Most all DMD era and newer pins play very well at 6.5 to 7 degrees of pitch. Don't overthink it.

Not over thinking it,looking for the sweet spot.My Deadpool took some tinkering to get the Katana ramp smooth as butter.

#13320 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Mine said he had his for days, did you check with Kaneda or Zack?

HA!!!

Zack said EHOH was on the line Monday.... nonsense, it wrapped last Friday...... Foo is on the line this week.

But just to be sure.... I better check with Zack and see if that's correct.
Kaneda is too busy fighting with AP to confirm anything right now.

I think your distro is wrong. Did HE call Zack and Kaneda to confirm he's had his games for days? If he didn't, then he's just guessing.

#13321 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Damn I'm still waiting to hear from my distributor so I can pay my final invoice.

Me too, what are the chances we got boned? Not distro's fault obviously, I'm worried Stern called the week early and cut production

#13323 1 year ago
Quoted from Rewdood:

Me too, what are the chances we got boned? Not distro's fault obviously, I'm worried Stern called the week early and cut production

I just heard from mine...... he says the games are coming in two batches (half and half). The 1st half have already arrived with dealers, and the second half will show up in 1-2 weeks (but before TPF for sure).

Oh drat... I didn't ask him if he confirmed with Zack and Kaneda...... I guess we don't know for sure after all.

#13324 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Oh drat... I didn't ask him if he confirmed with Zack and Kaneda...... I guess we don't know for sure after all.

Good Thinking!

#13325 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I just heard from mine...... he says the games are coming in two batches (half and half). The 1st half have already arrived with dealers, and the second half will show up in 1-2 weeks (but before TPF for sure).

Any idea why they would be coming in two batches? Are they running more than what was made last week?

#13326 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Any idea why they would be coming in two batches? Are they running more than what was made last week?

I know that orders were cut in half to most dealers. My dealer was suppose to get 40 and got 35 but he was told he was only getting 20. I have a feeling they are going to fill the rest of the orders and that it for this one but I would ask Zack or Kaneda to be certain.

#13327 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I know that orders were cut in half to most dealers. My dealer was suppose to get 40 and got 35 but he was told he was only getting 20. I have a feeling they are going to fill the rest of the orders and that it for this one but I would ask Zack or Kaneda to be certain.

My usual (large) distro didn't get as many as he had on order either. He had a long wait list, but only ended up getting 6. 35 sounds like a lot. After I found out I didn't make the cut by a hair, I ended up scoring mine somewhat last minute from a smaller distro.

I haven't received any word from the first distro that more were coming in and he could fill my order. I have been waiting to get my game in hand before cancelling that order, just in case.

#13328 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

My usual (large) distro didn't get as many as he had on order either. He had a long wait list, but only ended up getting 6. 35 sounds like a lot. After I found out I didn't make the cut by a hair, I ended up scoring mine somewhat last minute from a smaller distro.
I haven't received any word from the first distro that more were coming in and he could fill my order. I have been waiting to get my game in hand before cancelling that order, just in case.

I just got word that mine will be here Tuesday and yes, 35 is a lot but he is one of the biggest Stern Dealers in the USA.

#13329 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I just got word that mine will be here Tuesday and yes, 35 is a lot but he is one of the biggest Stern Dealers in the USA.

Still doesn't explain why any distros would be getting them in batches 2+ weeks apart if all of the machines were run last week.

#13330 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Still doesn't explain why any distros would be getting them in batches 2+ weeks apart if all of the machines were run last week.

No way of knowing. Could be as simple as they ran out of stickers ..... I'm just surprised they got the ones built early in the week out the door and in dealers hands the same week. That accounts for the 1st half already delivered, we can assume the later part of the week are the second half. Why it's taking longer to ship - who knows. Maybe they're out of ink for the EHOH stamp on the side of the box

#13331 1 year ago

Did anyone consider this to be the problem with the shortage of games?

Pinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7420165_3260689 (resized).png
#13332 1 year ago

Has anyone in Canada received a call from their distro for the most recent HoH run?

I have every reason to believe I’m still getting one from this run, but have not received final confirmation yet.

#13333 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Did anyone consider this to be the problem with the shortage of games?
[quoted image]

We need to apply some Pinside Logic here.........

41st Anniversary Edition Confirmed!!!!

#13334 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Has anyone in Canada received a call from their distro for the most recent HoH run?
I have every reason to believe I’m still getting one from this run, but have not received final confirmation yet.

I have not, been told next week or the one after. Been told I was getting one also... Until it is in the basement, I will still be skeptical.

#13335 1 year ago

Stern just posted Factory Friday and are showing Godzilla AND Elvira is still on the line. So perhaps the Elvira shipping for all units was delayed if they are still making em

#13336 1 year ago

She has arrived! It’s gonna be a fun Friday night!

DE8862EF-99FD-48F0-A0FF-BB2A71130FA9 (resized).jpegDE8862EF-99FD-48F0-A0FF-BB2A71130FA9 (resized).jpeg
#13337 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Why can't everyone be like you on Pinside? This place would be so much funnier if people were more like you.

I mean honestly man, we would probably get alone well. lol

#13338 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

This was my comment about a year ago…

“For sure. I hear the 41st Anniversary Edition will feature a new surprise color for the armor (not purple), and will come with a piece of insulation from Elvira’s house. $29,900. Pre-order today. Shipping 2024.”

I even earned a thumbs-down!

#13339 1 year ago

So what is the current cost of Elvira HOH Premiums being shipped now? I'm guessing the price is somewhat higher than I was quoted 2 years ago when I first ordered?

#13340 1 year ago

To one person who just received their game, you're welcome. I cancelled when the price went up $2100 since I got on the list.

Now I'm sitting here with the extra $2100 and kicking myself in the ass. Counting $2100 is not as fun as playing EHOH.

Oh well. I can always buy that 40th for $20k that keeps popping up on my feed

#13341 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

To one person who just received their game, you're welcome. I cancelled when the price went up $2100 since I got on the list.
Now I'm sitting here with the extra $2100 and kicking myself in the ass. Counting $2100 is not as fun as playing EHOH.
Oh well. I can always buy that 40th for $20k that keeps popping up on my feed

You can stop over here and play mine, should be shipping out today yet -

#13342 1 year ago
Quoted from sbmania:

So what is the current cost of Elvira HOH Premiums being shipped now? I'm guessing the price is somewhat higher than I was quoted 2 years ago when I first ordered?

$10.5

#13343 1 year ago

Anyone know roughly how many they have made?

Is this truly the last run or is there potential for more? If they can still produce Star Wars years after.......

#13344 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anyone know roughly how many they have made?
Is this truly the last run or is there potential for more? If they can still produce Star Wars years after.......

Stern will never divulge numbers. Really strange but they have self image issues that they really need to get over.

#13345 1 year ago

Looks like my local distributor is bringing mine for delivery tomorrow. Can’t wait, only been waiting two years.

#13346 1 year ago

Anyone know where the official colors of the trims are listed? My signature edition 11/50 is slightly lighter than the LEs.

20230303_144101 (resized).jpg20230303_144101 (resized).jpg

20230303_144026 (resized).jpg20230303_144026 (resized).jpg
#13347 1 year ago

Anyone know how to adjust the pop up gargoyles? The ones on the lower right hit the glass when they pop up. I wrapped some rubber bands around the posts underneath and that seems to be working but wonder if there is a better solution.

#13348 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Anyone know how to adjust the pop up gargoyles? The ones on the lower right hit the glass when they pop up. I wrapped some rubber bands around the posts underneath and that seems to be working but wonder if there is a better solution.

Somebody mentioned in this thread that the gargoyles were specifically made to hit the glass.

#13349 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Somebody mentioned in this thread that the gargoyles were specifically made to hit the glass.

The length of the posts would indicate that, but I am not a fan of the sound it makes when they hit.

Totally in love with this machine.

#13350 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Same as SS. They have to touch the glass .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.