IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 363.
#13201 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So what are the odds that Stern will make more Elvira toppers?

And side armor

#13202 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So what are the odds that Stern will make more Elvira toppers?

ZERO

#13203 1 year ago

OMG! ZERO.ZERO!!

#13204 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

OMG! ZERO.ZERO!!

44C2CB65-3E23-4F9E-B9BF-6CDF128EA0E3 (resized).png44C2CB65-3E23-4F9E-B9BF-6CDF128EA0E3 (resized).png
#13205 1 year ago

Yes.... a chance..... the same chance Godfather has for selling more units than Foo

#13206 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

OMG! ZERO.ZERO!!

Now hold on a min there VisitorQ......... you don't know.

But if you asked Zack and Kaneda, THEN you would know for sure.

#13207 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

They are all in my house. Yeah I know. I will be selling a few... I have absolutely no room at this point. Never thought Elvira would happen....

I'm with you, got the same amount. It's sad but here we are.

#13208 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Now hold on a min there VisitorQ......... you don't know.
But if you asked Zack and Kaneda, THEN you would know for sure.

This is true. I will wait for an official word from the powers to be which is of course Zack and Kaneda.

I was out of line on my prior comment.

#13209 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Haaa!! Good for you man!! My wife would absolutely murder me!! I'm maxed out at 11 in MY mancave/basement. Pinballs are not allowed to occupy any other areas of the home. It's a big house and she does like pinball, but a lady has her standards ya know?? The pins stay in the manly men's area

I have a big house too but I am with your wife and keep my games only to the gameroom or the garage. My gameroom is maxed out but I think I figured a way to fit one more game so it will be 11 in the gameroom and 2 in the garage. I got to the point that I have to force myself to sell something now if I want a new game going forward. I just sold my AC/DC Luci which I had since new (maybe going on 10 years?) for the Foo Fighters LE but I really didn't play it much anymore.

#13210 1 year ago

I’m tinkering with my gameroom configuration. Think I can fit 4/5 more but it’s tight like the heads are only 1-2 inches apart.

I’m getting EHOH, Fathom Mermaid and CCR. So maybe I should look at a P3 so that I can buy more games without taking up more room.

#13211 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This is true. I will wait for an official word from the powers to be which is of course Zack and Kaneda.
I was out of line on my prior comment.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!

#13212 1 year ago

Darn dealer didn't get their shipment in yet. Will be coming later than expected and heading off to a cruise. Guess it will be a 2 weeks before I get Elvira in house.

#13213 1 year ago

FedEx is telling me 10 days ….. killing me.

#13214 1 year ago

Curious when you guys get a game in on FedEx do you cut it open to inspect for hidden damage while the driver standing there or do you just sign for the game as long as the box looks good?

#13215 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Curious when you guys get a game in on FedEx do you cut it open to inspect for hidden damage while the driver standing there or do you just sign for the game as long as the box looks good?

If the box looks good, I sign and accept

#13216 1 year ago

If the box looks good, I sign and accept

Same here. I do wish stern put a tip indicator on the box like jjp and maybe spooky does

#13217 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same here. I do wish stern put a tip indicator on the box like jjp and maybe spooky does

My Bond LE had a tip n tell. But I think CT added that, not stern.

#13218 1 year ago

Hello EHoH Fans

I would like to order a replacement VUK plunger and the diagram in the manual is less than helpful

How do I determine the correct part number

Attached is the page from the manual

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

28858BB8-2F3E-4F70-B6BC-459023FF2C3B (resized).jpeg28858BB8-2F3E-4F70-B6BC-459023FF2C3B (resized).jpeg
#13219 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hello EHoH Fans
I would like to order a replacement VUK plunger and the diagram in the manual is less than helpful
How do I determine the correct part number
Attached is the page from the manual
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
[quoted image]

Is piece #8 in the manual what you're looking for? part #515-6119-02?

https://www.pinballlife.com/desegastern-plunger-with-nylon-extension-381-long.html?Category_Code=

#13220 1 year ago

Looking for this one
I edited the photo to help

57CA783D-1F60-4162-B8DF-4E8D6E6070CA (resized).jpeg57CA783D-1F60-4162-B8DF-4E8D6E6070CA (resized).jpeg
#13221 1 year ago

What is the full list of movies featured in the game? Know some that were previewed or expected never made it into the final code like Eegah is not in the game despite shown on the artwork

#13222 1 year ago

Measure the length of the plunger shaft only and find something that matches and also has a plastic portion for the tip. Check Marco.
I suspect the VUK plunger in RUSH is the same, but better to simply measure. Plunger diameters are consistent, so you needn’t measure that - unless it’s an anomaly.
You could also just call Stern Parts and ask.

#13223 1 year ago

Well I have finally gotten word my game that I ordered in August of 2021 has in fact arrived at my distributor and is shipping shortly. Thankfully, I have had plenty of time to acquire the topper and all the accessories and select mods which have been patiently waiting for almost 19 months. This is now the longest I’ve ever waited for a game. Although my Cactus Canyon LE may be trying hard to beat that record.

#13224 1 year ago

I wonder what Elvira #4 will be like.......

By the time it comes out in 20 years, Elvira will be 91 and I'll start drawing from social security (not that it will be there)....... I wonder what a NIB pin will cost by then? May give me a heart-attack just as I retire.

HA!!!!

#13225 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

What is the full list of movies featured in the game? Know some that were previewed or expected never made it into the final code like Eegah is not in the game despite shown on the artwork

There are 6 main haunts with many clips:
Manos the Hands of Fate
Teenagers from Outer Space
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
The Brain That Wouldn't Die

There are 3 haunts that need to be unlocked via the key from Elviras trunk also with a lot of clips:
Santa Clause Conquers The Martians
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster

Then you have lots of clips from Gappa movie as well during the Gappa Angry mode

Plus there are small clips from a lot of the other movies that are also played during things like the drive me crazy mode, happy hour, phone a fiend, scream test, make-out mayhem, etc.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13226 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Manons the Hands of Fate
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
There There are 3 haunts that need to be unlocked via the key from Elviras trunk alosnwitha lot of clips:
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster
Then you have lots of clips from Gappa.mov8e as well during the Gappa Angry mode
Plus there are small clips from a lot of the other movies that are also played during things like the drive me crazy mode, happy hour, phone a fiend, scream test, make-out mayhem, etc.

Can't wait to get this game!!!

#13227 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Manons the Hands of Fate
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
There There are 3 haunts that need to be unlocked via the key from Elviras trunk alosnwitha lot of clips:
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster
Then you have lots of clips from Gappa.mov8e as well during the Gappa Angry mode

Very cool, so many of said films are also classics from MST3K

#13228 1 year ago

I noticed the other day when going through the game settings, there were adjustments for modes not currently in the game such as eegah. I'm a fairly new owner so I'm not sure if these have always been present? Or, did they appear after the last update as a sign of things to come??

#13229 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Manons the Hands of Fate
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster

gotta love those Manos clips.. lol

#13230 1 year ago

Very cool, so many of said films are also classics from MST3K

yes! Its almost like a MST3K pin with Elvira on it as well. Probably why I like it so much.

#13231 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Looking for this one
I edited the photo to help
[quoted image]

You can swap the VUK plunger with the trough plunger if you want to see if it makes a difference.

#13232 1 year ago

I noticed the other day when going through the game settings, there were adjustments for modes not currently in the game such as eegah. I'm a fairly new owner so I'm not sure if these have always been present? Or, did they appear after the last update as a sign of things to come??

No. Lyman had those settings in the game long before it was completed.

#13233 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Manons the Hands of Fate
Night of The Living Dead
Manster
Werewolf of Washington
Satanic Rites of Dracula
Giant Gila Monster

Don't forget the multiballs!

#13234 1 year ago

I was contemplating swapping Elvira for Foo once I saw the radical layout of foo (it probably has some JP shots with the upper flipper to loop or ramp). Just seems like Foo had a fresher layout than Elvira. But I love the theme and code on Elvira so much. I’ve played Elvira a lot but not deep like had not played to get trailer trash so was mostly on the front end of the rules and I’d like to get more deep in the home environment.

I figured Foo will be out for years to come so no rush except if I wanted the LE.

But I’m sticking with my old orders Fathom, Elvira and CC SE+

#13235 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was contemplating swapping Elvira for Foo once I saw the radical layout of foo (it probably has some JP shots with the upper flipper to loop or ramp). Just seems like Foo had a fresher layout than Elvira. But I love the theme and code on Elvira so much. I’ve played Elvira a lot but not deep like had not played to get trailer trash so was mostly on the front end of the rules and I’d like to get more deep in the home environment.
I figured Foo will be out for years to come so no rush except if I wanted the LE.

If you really really want Foo, I'd drop the CCr SE+ Hell, you probably won't get that in you hands until close to 2024 anyway. I have an SE and it's fun, but they're already available in stock at below retail. All that to say, if you want CCr later on down the road, there will be plenty out there, probably below MSRP. I doubt Elvira will be readily available below MSRP anytime soon, maybe never. If you wanna ride that Foo wave, I don't blame you 1 bit, but I'd sacrifice the CCr.

#13236 1 year ago

I spoke to Melissa at CoinTaker on Monday and she said they are supposed to receive their machines this week. She told me to expect mine next week. Hopefully we all get our FedEx calls soon enough if we've ordered through them. My local buddy ordered his through Colorado Game Exchange and his is being delivered Monday. Sounds like Tilt and Flip N Out received their machines as well. The wait is almost over. Now we just need someone to figure out how to produce more medisynl mods

#13237 1 year ago

Just got my nib premium today. What's the normal behavior of the garage with the drop target? Seems lots of shots go straight through and out. In modes its seems that I can hit lit shots there and nothing registers.... I don't think. I tested in switch mode and two optos register consistently. I really don't know the rules so trying to find out normal behavior. Also, where should shots coming down from the left orbit hit? Game is awesome so far!

#13238 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Just got my nib premium today. What's the normal behavior of the garage with the drop target? Seems lots of shots go straight through and out. In modes its seems that I can hit lit shots there and nothing registers.... I don't think. I tested in switch mode and two optos register consistently. I really don't know the rules so trying to find out normal behavior. Also, where should shots coming down from the left orbit hit? Game is awesome so far!

Essentially, if the drop is down and you hit the shot. You should be locking a ball.

For the first multiball. You hit the drop once to open the garage. Each shot to the garage after that locks the ball physically. If you're playing multi-player, it might spit the ball out if another player already has a ball locked.

For the second multiball. It's drop target than lock, drop, lock, drop, lock.

The third multiball takes more hits to the garage to light lock. I think the lock lit is timed too.

You can also lock a ball back there as part of Gappa Angry.

#13239 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I wouldnt swap but wow foo definitely has some unique shit!

#13240 1 year ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

I wouldnt swap but wow foo definitely has some unique shit!

This totally backfired on me! My buddy that owns a barcade was going to get a Foo I was pumped! I had him over this weekend now he texts me saying he ordered an EHOH and no Foo! I'm like how does that help me? He laughed and said it will help me win tournaments. Darn it EHOH is too good!

#13241 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

This totally backfired on me! My buddy that owns a barcade was going to get a Foo I was pumped! I had him over this weekend now he texts me saying he ordered an EHOH and no Foo! I'm like how does that help me? He laughed and said it will help me win tournaments. Darn it EHOH is too good!

Yup, EHOH > FOO . No doubt. Period. End of discussion.

#13242 1 year ago

Yup, EHOH > FOO . No doubt. Period. End of discussion.

I know, I couldn't be mad at him or lie to him. Just selfishly mad at myself for having him over..lol! Oh well I bet we'll be drowning in Foo's in 6 months and will be nice more ppl will get to experience EHOH! Silver lining right?!

#13243 1 year ago

I've mentioned it previously in this thread, but this game has one of the most complex mechs I've ever seen. On the surface it looks fairly simple, but that house mech is just brilliant - secret back door entrance, cellar, diverter, physical lock, rotating roof - yep it has all of that. Plus the house itself looks amazing. The game itself shoots brilliantly, it has great content in the display/animations/soundFX, it has great code, beautiful artwork, the list goes on... I must admit FF looks great, I just watched the live stream and the shots and animations on it were sooooo good- but if it's truly a better game than this one I will be really surprised. I'd keep all your preorders in if you have one, I think it'll be the last chance to get this NIB and it is a special game.

#13244 1 year ago

I wonder if this run of EHOH is actually sold out with most distro’s, I’ve heard of some drop outs due to the price increase. If anyone wants this game I think it would be risky to assume Stern will ever run it again.

On a side note do the crypt doors on the right side of the playfield actually shut all the way on these newly produced games?

#13245 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I've mentioned it previously in this thread, but this game has one of the most complex mechs I've ever seen. On the surface it looks fairly simple, but that house mech is just brilliant - secret back door entrance, cellar, diverter, physical lock, rotating roof - yep it has all of that. Plus the house itself looks amazing. The game itself shoots brilliantly, it has great content in the display/animations/soundFX, it has great code, beautiful artwork, the list goes on... I must admit FF looks great, I just watched the live stream and the shots and animations on it were sooooo good- but if it's truly a better game than this one I will be really surprised. I'd keep all your preorders in if you have one, I think it'll be the last chance to get this NIB and it is a special game.

Foo is definitely not a stronger game. I was sick of the repetitive music about 30 minutes into the stream. And I actually kind of like some of their music. It's basically a jukebox playing while you're flipping. Ball times appear to be fairly short with a song starting each ball. How many time do you want to hear the first 1 minute of each song over and over? Layout and shots look fuckin amazing!! It's just unfortunate it was themed and designed as a rock pin.

#13246 1 year ago

Elvira is fantastic and another Lyman masterpiece.

Never gets old playing this game

#13247 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Essentially, if the drop is down and you hit the shot. You should be locking a ball.
For the first multiball. You hit the drop once to open the garage. Each shot to the garage after that locks the ball physically. If you're playing multi-player, it might spit the ball out if another player already has a ball locked.
For the second multiball. It's drop target than lock, drop, lock, drop, lock.
The third multiball takes more hits to the garage to light lock. I think the lock lit is timed too.
You can also lock a ball back there as part of Gappa Angry.

OK mine is definitely not doing that. I was playing a bunch of single player games. Many balls would just go through and not lock. Also on modes if it was lit, I'd hit and it wouldn't seem like anything would register. Guess I'll have to look into it. Any ideas what to look at or any pictures of what it should look like?

#13248 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

OK mine is definitely not doing that. I was playing a bunch of single player games. Many balls would just go through and not lock. Also on modes if it was lit, I'd hit and it wouldn't seem like anything would register. Guess I'll have to look into it. Any ideas what to look at or any pictures of what it should look like?

Is it going straight through without stopping at all?

If so, the up post that holds the balls in there might be caught on the playfield wood.

From beneath the playfield, you can see if it's stuck down. If it is. You probably need to lossen the screws on the up post mech and adjust it ever so slightly until it moves freely. It's probably off by a millimeter.

If not, I'd start by going into switch mode and seeing if any of the lock switches or optos are working.

Also is the drop target resetting to the up position on a new game? If not. I'd look into that mech.

#13249 1 year ago

Darn dealer didn't get their shipment in yet. Will be coming later than expected and heading off to a cruise. Guess it will be a 2 weeks before I get Elvira in house.

This is the most "first world problem" statement in pinball. Funny enough My Elvira was supposed to come today but Im out of town on vacation until next week. LOL

#13250 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I wonder if this run of EHOH is actually sold out with most distro’s, I’ve heard of some drop outs due to the price increase. If anyone wants this game I think it would be risky to assume Stern will ever run it again.
On a side note do the crypt doors on the right side of the playfield actually shut all the way on these newly produced games?

I was able to secure one cause apparently folks backed out with my local guy, it was previously "sold out"

Quoted from drewbo81:

This is the most "first world problem" statement in pinball. Funny enough My Elvira was supposed to come today but Im out of town on vacation until next week. LOL

I'm gonna be crying about it on the high seas, sipping on my pina colada

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/265?hl=machinegunguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.