IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 363.
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel like I’m pretty low on the list. Hopefully, enough people ahead of me have changed their minds or found one from other distributors.

I got the same text from Zach saying that EHOH will be ready in 2-14 days, however I already picked up a second hand EHOH a few months ago so Zach cancelled my order.

Gord

#13002 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I got the same text from Zach saying that EHOH will be ready in 2-14 days, however I already picked up a second hand EHOH a few months ago so Zach cancelled my order.
Gord

I have a feeling this situation will be happening more than expected. I did the same thing. I was on a couple lists. Glad I did it too. Got my premium from original owner, already decked out with art blades, topper, shaker, Medisynal set, and a few other things. Saved me some money and time.

#13003 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

This just in.... [quoted image]

How do you explain the shipping notices?

Kman is just looking to part fools from their money (subscribe to his podcast). So far, I think there are plenty of fools and Kman is laughing all the way to the bank!

#13004 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How do you explain the shipping notices?
Kman is just looking to part fools from their money (subscribe to his podcast). So far, I think there are plenty of fools and Kman is laughing all the way to the bank!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

#13005 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

If you want to use the LE Kenwood speakers you may order the kit from pinballlife with everything you need - speakers, spacers, bracket, etc. Link below. If you want to use your own 5.25" speakers, you can order just the LE speaker light kit from them that includes everything but the speakers for $60.
https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-led-round-speaker-upgrade-and-light-kit-for-most-stern-spike-2-pro-premium-machines.html

You are mistaken with your statement on adding your own 5.25" speakers with their $60 light kit. That light kit, while it includes the 5.25" speaker plates, is not intended for 5.25" speaker use. Its 3D printed light rings are made to use 4" speakers. So, it is basically a light ring / adapter to use 4" speakers on a 5.25" speaker plate. At least going that route makes the lit holes a 5.25" size that are centered and does not have the terrible looking bars through the speaker holes like the factory 4" speaker plates. The black 3D printed rings are in direct view, and they use standard RGB LED light strips that are stuck on them. This looks pretty janky in my opinion, and I am guessing that is why they instruct people to leave the speaker foam in place when they are installed (which also looks off, in my opinion, with the round lit holes).

The only "pick your own" 5.25" speaker option they have like that would be to get their round LE light kit for $50 and add the 5.25" speaker plates separately for $50. In that case, you might as well get their full Kenwood kit for the same price....or better yet, the 5.25" speaker plate / Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit combo I have available, which includes a better light kit.

Having mentioned that, the $100 light kit / 5.25" speaker combo that PBL have available, have some key aspects that make them quite different than my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits. Their kits use standard RGB lights instead of the more advanced individually addressable light strip that my deluxe light kits use, and the light strips are just stuck on their light rings as opposed to being inside the light rings that I sell. These differences were discussed in more detail, previously on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-speaker-light-kit-vs-speakerlightkitscom-#post-7160489

If anyone has any questions about my Speaker Light Kits or questions about what others are offering, you are welcome to contact me and ask. I know my products quite well and keep up with the folks trying to do what I do. I would almost go as far as to say I know their speaker light products better than they do in many cases. I will be nothing, but honest and maybe a bit opinionated, about the pros and cons on all the products and what each has to offer.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original...and best Pinball Speaker Light Kits)

#13006 1 year ago

After watching various videos I came to the personal conclusion that Doug’s kit, for reasons he has mentioned, looks best. It might cost me a bit more to buy speakers and then his kit, but not by much and I think it’s worth it. Just my 2 cents.

#13007 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You are mistaken with your statement on adding your own 5.25" speakers with their $60 light kit. That light kit, while it includes the 5.25" speaker plates, is not intended for 5.25" speaker use. Its 3D printed light rings are made to use 4" speakers. So, it is basically a light ring / adapter to use 4" speakers on a 5.25" speaker plate. At least going that route makes the lit holes a 5.25" size that are centered and does not have the terrible looking bars through the speaker holes like the factory 4" speaker plates. The black 3D printed rings are in direct view, and they use standard RGB LED light strips that are stuck on them. This looks pretty janky in my opinion, and I am guessing that is why they instruct people to leave the speaker foam in place when they are installed (which also looks off, in my opinion, with the round lit holes).
The only "pick your own" 5.25" speaker option they have like that would be to get their round LE light kit for $50 and add the 5.25" speaker plates separately for $50. In that case, you might as well get their full Kenwood kit for the same price....or better yet, the 5.25" speaker plate / Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit combo I have available, which includes a better light kit.
Having mentioned that, the $100 light kit / 5.25" speaker combo that PBL have available, have some key aspects that make them quite different than my Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kits. Their kits use standard RGB lights instead of the more advanced individually addressable light strip that my deluxe light kits use, and the light strips are just stuck on their light rings as opposed to being inside the light rings that I sell. These differences were discussed in more detail, previously on this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pbl-speaker-light-kit-vs-speakerlightkitscom-#post-7160489
If anyone has any questions about my Speaker Light Kits or questions about what others are offering, you are welcome to contact me and ask. I know my products quite well and keep up with the folks trying to do what I do. I would almost go as far as to say I know their speaker light products better than they do in many cases. I will be nothing, but honest and maybe a bit opinionated, about the pros and cons on all the products and what each has to offer.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com - Home of the Original...and best Pinball Speaker Light Kits)

Only problem that I have Doug is once I started putting them in my Sterns my ocd nature is buying them for every new stern purchase! They are good, my pins look lifeless without them.
70993F28-909E-4320-99F4-ED7BFF95751E (resized).jpeg70993F28-909E-4320-99F4-ED7BFF95751E (resized).jpeg

Edit: see how crap JP looks. That’s the next one on my list. Going orange acrylic.

#13008 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

After watching various videos I came to the personal conclusion that Doug’s kit, for reasons he has mentioned, looks best. It might cost me a bit more to buy speakers and then his kit, but not by much and I think it’s worth it. Just my 2 cents.

X2 don’t try and cut corners here go with Doug’s kit, you get what you pay for!

#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks, Doug. I've purchased your kits in the past. Many folks who upgrade their Pros and Premiums from stock backbox go with 4" speakers. My go-to are Kicker CS or DS series 4" speakers, which sound miles better than the Kenwood 1366 5.25" speakers that Stern ships with their LE's (and are the ones packaged in the kit you reference in this post). This is especially true when they are paired with a dedicated amplifier. Do you have 4" round speaker light kit options you can recommend for us?

#13010 1 year ago

I still like the square Type 12 light kits with the foam. I have to put them on every game (except the ones that need flames of course.)

#13011 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

Thanks, Doug. I've purchased your kits in the past. Many folks who upgrade their Pros and Premiums from stock backbox go with 4" speakers. My go-to are Kicker CS or DS series 4" speakers, which sound miles better than the Kenwood 1366 5.25" speakers that Stern ships with their LE's (and are the ones packaged in the kit you reference in this post). This is especially true when they are paired with a dedicated amplifier. Do you have 4" round speaker light kit options you can recommend for us?

No, not that only light around the 4" speakers in a SPIKE 2 game.

I'm not sure if upgraded 4" speakers would work with the $60 PBL kit that makes the 5.25" lit holes, as they state: Not compatible with most Stern SPIKE 2 LE models or any Stern SPIKE 2 machines that have aftermarket speakers installed.

Anything, or even nothing, is better than the light kits that go behind the factory 4" speaker plates that some people sell. I just don't understand who could like those off-center 4" lit holes with the ugly looking bars running through them. Better to have no light kit at all than that crap, in my opinion.

So, if a person was set on using upgraded 4" speakers, I would recommend my Deluxe light kits that light the entire grill area and leaving the foam in (unless they are using a speaker panel design that looks worse with the foam behind it).

Of course, I suspect more people are moving up to 5.25" speakers if they are doing a speaker upgrade, be that the Kenwood 5.25" speakers or another type. In that case I would recommend my 5.25" speaker plate / Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit combo for the upgrade. It costs a bit more than the all-in-one kit offered by PBL, but you can pick your own speakers and it's a much better light kit (diffused individually addressable RGB light strips vs standard RGB light strips in view).

So, in summary....if a person is using 4" speakers, I think they should use a light kit that lights the entire grill area (my Deluxe type 12 is the best option for that). If one is opposed to lighting up the entire grill area and are using the stock factory 4" speakers...the "round" choice would be the PBL $60 kit. Though, while it is the best looking for round lighting and using the stock 4" speakers....I still don't think it looks very good. As I do not like the look of a lit hole with the foam over it and that kit is not made to be shown off and used without the foam (with the black 3D printed light ring in direct view). I would consider it the lesser of other evils that would only be the top preference in a very specific circumstance as much better options would be available if a person went with lighting the entire grill or moving up to 5.25" speakers of some sort.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#13012 1 year ago

Who hoo just got my invoice

#13013 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Who hoo just got my invoice

Since your so excited, did you want to pay mine as well? I mean double the fun!

#13014 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

No, not that only light around the 4" speakers in a SPIKE 2 game.
I'm not sure if upgraded 4" speakers would work with the $60 PBL kit that makes the 5.25" lit holes, as they state: Not compatible with most Stern SPIKE 2 LE models or any Stern SPIKE 2 machines that have aftermarket speakers installed.
Anything, or even nothing, is better than the light kits that go behind the factory 4" speaker plates that some people sell. I just don't understand who could like those off-center 4" lit holes with the ugly looking bars running through them. Better to have no light kit at all than that crap, in my opinion.
So, if a person was set on using upgraded 4" speakers, I would recommend my Deluxe light kits that light the entire grill area and leaving the foam in (unless they are using a speaker panel design that looks worse with the foam behind it).
Of course, I suspect more people are moving up to 5.25" speakers if they are doing a speaker upgrade, be that the Kenwood 5.25" speakers or another type. In that case I would recommend my 5.25" speaker plate / Deluxe 5.25" Speaker Light Kit combo for the upgrade. It costs a bit more than the all-in-one kit offered by PBL, but you can pick your own speakers and it's a much better light kit (diffused individually addressable RGB light strips vs standard RGB light strips in view).
So, in summary....if a person is using 4" speakers, I think they should use a light kit that lights the entire grill area (my Deluxe type 12 is the best option for that). If one is opposed to lighting up the entire grill area and are using the stock factory 4" speakers...the "round" choice would be the PBL $60 kit. Though, while it is the best looking for round lighting and using the stock 4" speakers....I still don't think it looks very good. As I do not like the look of a lit hole with the foam over it and that kit is not made to be shown off and used without the foam (with the black 3D printed light ring in direct view). I would consider it the lesser of other evils that would only be the top preference in a very specific circumstance as much better options would be available if a person went with lighting the entire grill or moving up to 5.25" speakers of some sort.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

even it is a bit more i go with the real kit at speaker lights because they look the best and are quality . 100% pinwoofer speakers and amps - kenwood are low grade and no better then the 5 dollar stock speakers . pinwoofers are the best sounding by a mile .

#13015 1 year ago
Quoted from barroncaliber:

kenwood are low grade and no better then the 5 dollar stock speakers . pinwoofers are the best sounding by a mile .

Alrighty then…..

#13016 1 year ago

Dealers are getting games today and the start of next week. If you are after this game, do not hesitate to buy because all the dealers I spoke to are only getting half of what they ordered. These are also some of the biggest Stern dealers! Orders for 40 and 20 games have been sliced right in half.

I'm not sure if there will be more to come or this is it for production of this title.

Good luck to everyone out there looking to buy one!

#13018 1 year ago

So how to buy one with the wife not finding out what the price is....

#13019 1 year ago

It's hard to believe..... finally here.

I wonder what production improvements have been made on this (assumed) final run.
Hope they do something for the extra $2300

Would be so cool if they had the vendor adjust the crypt gap and fix it (yeah, I know - never happen).

#13020 1 year ago

Paid in full this last weekend! Can’t wait!

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It's hard to believe..... finally here.
I wonder what production improvements have been made on this (assumed) final run.
Would be so cool if they had the vendor adjust the crypt gap and fix it (yeah, I know - never happen).

NOW WITH INSIDER CONNECT.... :-/

#13022 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

NOW WITH INSIDER CONNECT.... :-/

dr evil (resized).jpegdr evil (resized).jpeg
#13023 1 year ago

I'm happy to get one but have a feeling it's going to be too easy of a game. I really hope this is not the case.

#13024 1 year ago

How much are you all being invoiced for this game now? I received an invoice for $10,800!!! My jaw dropped.

#13025 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

How much are you all being invoiced for this game now? I received an invoice for $10,800!!! My jaw dropped.

Thats with tax? Cause it's 10,500 retail.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13026 1 year ago

Maybe $300 shipping? Sounds about right if no deposit on it already.

#13027 1 year ago

Yeah seems like that's with tax and shipping, so I forgot about the $10,500 increase..

Damnit! I didn't think I was getting one so I sold my Medisinyl mods on this thread like a month or 2 ago...

Sigh... Stupid me.

#13028 1 year ago

Shipping is crazy these days, I would expect upwards towards 500 bucks honestly.

#13029 1 year ago

Cost me $150 just to mail my parts to be powder coated.

#13030 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm happy to get one but have a feeling it's going to be too easy of a game. I really hope this is not the case.

I think it is an easy shooter, but I’m not that great a player so it’s a wash, I can definitely see this as a long playing pin like SM or LotR. Not the biggest fan of easy shooters but it’s got a lot of rules to complete so that would make sense to get longer games.

#13031 1 year ago

I just paid my balance. It sounds like it should ship to me next week. One step closer now!

#13033 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Shipping is crazy these days, I would expect upwards towards 500 bucks honestly.

I was going to ship a pin from WA to Minnesota, $ 750 with STI. Guy backed out

#13034 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It can definitely have longer game times depending on setup. Tighten the tilt bob, outlanes wide open, steep pitch. You'll be fine.

#13035 1 year ago

Anyone see what the apron looks like, i.e. which side is IC on and and is the IC the smaller style cutout hole like Bond Nd Godzilla or the big triangle hole used on earlier games?

#13036 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Anyone see what the apron looks like, i.e. which side is IC on and and is the IC the smaller style cutout hole like Bond Nd Godzilla or the big triangle hole used on earlier games?

I think that video is the only thing we have to go on so far but dealers are getting games as soon as today.

#13037 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I will be ordering on as soon as we know what side. I know they are back ordered, but it’s a must have.

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

giphy (11).gifgiphy (11).gif
#13039 1 year ago

Beggars can't be choosers.

#13040 1 year ago

So how to buy one with the wife not finding out what the price is....

Step 1: remove money from mattress
Step 2: put stacks of paper back in mattress so your wife can’t feel the difference

#13041 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It can definitely have longer game times depending on setup. Tighten the tilt bob, outlanes wide open, steep pitch. You'll be fine.

I didn’t find it easy at all (but I suck) it seemed like the tops of the slings were perfectly engineered to send the ball down the opposite outlane . But now I’m picking up another one so maybe I’ll have better luck with it.

#13042 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I didn’t find it easy at all (but I suck) it seemed like the tops of the slings were perfectly engineered to send the ball down the opposite outlane . But now I’m picking up another one so maybe I’ll have better luck with it.

Good! I like a challenge.

I played the game 3 times in the past and made it to Gappa, unlocked 25 of the 69 achievements.

#13044 1 year ago

Yeah, it's one of the lowest achievement games Stern has just so people like you could get a chuckle from it.

sigh

#13045 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yeah, it's one of the lowest achievement games Stern has just so people like you could get a chuckle from it.
sigh

People like me? Cheeky and immature! I’ll take it lol

#13046 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

People like me? Cheeky and immature! I’ll take it lol

I'm the same way but honestly, 69 for the sake of an inside joke? I would rather have more achievements myself.

#13047 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm the same way but honestly, 69 for the sake of an inside joke? I would rather have more achievements myself.

Maybe 2469 achievements??

#13048 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Maybe 2469 achievements??

Hell I would settle for 169.

#13049 1 year ago

Now I will be looking at my emails for tracking every hour on the hour.

#13050 1 year ago

I sure hope all these new games and the run here will lead to code updates..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.