IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 363.
#12801 1 year ago

Hope if it get pushed it’s not for long been waiting over 2 years for my game. After the issue with CGC shipping Cactus Canyon games to Canada I think I am cursed with shipment delays

#12802 1 year ago
Quoted from Myles32:

Hope if it get pushed it’s not for long been waiting over 2 years for my game. After the issue with CGC shipping Cactus Canyon games to Canada I think I am cursed with shipment delays

Later this year works perfect for me but I do hope it's this year and I absolutely think it will be!

#12803 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

That is Kaneda that was quoted and he was quoted Gomez who never said that on the last podcast he did yesterday. So not sure how legit that is.

The master of controversy, rumor and circling the the bowl is at it again.

#12804 1 year ago

I really hope that if Elvira gets pushed back once again, that it's not more than a few weeks or at most, a few months. Another year and/or price increase and I'm throwing in the towel. I'm not sure why the one Stern title that I am interested in getting has to be the one that never gets made.

#12805 1 year ago

Know folks don't want it, but if it does get pushed it increases my chances of getting one so.....

#12806 1 year ago

Greetings...I jumped in today on a NIB Premium. Distro had 1 left (unallocated) so I couldn't resist. Not sure when the next run will be (if ever) after the one slated for end of February (for now). Game is amazing - played it at Galloping Ghost recently and it's been on my mind as a possible future pin. Well, that future is now. Watched some of the recent Hurry Up stream early this morning - that helped reinforce my decision. Game has it all...

I swore yesterday (when I paid my credit card bill for my Bond LE) that I would not buy another pin this year. That literally lasted 1 day.

#12807 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I swore yesterday (when I paid my credit card bill for my Bond LE) that I would not buy another pin this year. That literally lasted 1 day.

You are getting there

#12808 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Gomez was asked straight up about Elvira’s schedule during a Bond stream he was on today.
https://www.youtube.com/live/pDXOlGes3H0?feature=share
1:44:28 is when he’s asked. It’s not exactly comforting.

They have to get out Bonds fast, Market dropping by the minute..Elvira's will always sell and even for higher than when they first came out. There is no urgency to get them out, a loser like Bond they have to move fast and put Elvira on back burner...

#12809 1 year ago

The issue is they have been putting her on the back burner for 2 years. Oh sorry wait they did the 40th edition... My bad

#12810 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

The issue is they have been putting her on the back burner for 2 years. Oh sorry wait they did the 40th edition... My bad

They need to announce the 41st anniversary edition and delay the premiums again.

Put in some limited edition extended Lyman code/haunts with all the filmed assets to show CCr how it's done.

#12811 1 year ago
Quoted from Joker19:

And a ton of those NIB are just sitting around getting passed around still by flippers. Even some distros were sitting on them for a long while cause of that price tag didn't exactly see them fly off the "shelf". So if anything the 40th really hurt the run.

#12812 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And a ton of those NIB are just sitting around getting passed around still by flippers. Even some distros were sitting on them for a long while cause of that price tag didn't exactly see them fly off the "shelf". So if anything the 40th really hurt the run.

Agreed, anytime I look up the 40th edition here on pinside, there are always a few for sale NIB. Usually around 20k, Not selling. Looks like 4 right now actually. 2 NIB, 2 open. 1 heavily modded (too much LED add on lighting imho) is actually pending sale.

#12813 1 year ago

Hi. Has anyone had issues where the back door haunt is triggered when it shouldn’t be? Sometimes even before the ball is plunged. Working with Stern and they aren’t real sure what to do. They did have me replace the opto boards for the house lock, but it’s still doing this. Sometimes it will on repeat just go into the back door haunt. Anyone else seen this or have suggestions? I also replaced node 8 and node 9 just in case, but didn’t make a difference.

#12814 1 year ago

I really hope they make a bunch of these this month. Everyone waiting deserves to have their loyalty and patience rewarded, or at least respected. This is a great game and well worth the wait. I finally got around to powder coating mine. Steve at Pinball Refinery just did it in this deep red. They arrived and look amazing. I’ll post pics when I have a chance to install everything. Get that lady rolling on the line, Stern!

4F832392-6BD8-4C56-BA66-5CA13FB027E6 (resized).jpeg4F832392-6BD8-4C56-BA66-5CA13FB027E6 (resized).jpeg56C86CF2-B668-44C6-B083-51CD983A49DD (resized).jpeg56C86CF2-B668-44C6-B083-51CD983A49DD (resized).jpeg
#12815 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I really hope they make a bunch of these this month. Everyone waiting deserves to have their loyalty and patience rewarded, or at least respected. This is a great game and well worth the wait. I finally got around to powder coating mine. Steve at Pinball Refinery just did it in this deep red. They arrived and look amazing. I’ll post pics when I have a chance to install everything. Get that lady rolling on the line, Stern!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Steve is the best! Check out the purple he did for me.

EB7E376A-6B12-49ED-888B-59D7EDC29400 (resized).jpegEB7E376A-6B12-49ED-888B-59D7EDC29400 (resized).jpeg
#12816 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

The addiction is real.

#12817 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Quoted from Jkush18:

Looks great! Steve is the best! Check out the purple he did for me.
[quoted image]

Both look amazing! I went with "fractured illusion cherry". Done locally.

20230204_232447 (resized).jpg20230204_232447 (resized).jpg20230204_232514 (resized).jpg20230204_232514 (resized).jpg20230204_232525 (resized).jpg20230204_232525 (resized).jpg
#12818 1 year ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Hi. Has anyone had issues where the back door haunt is triggered when it shouldn’t be? Sometimes even before the ball is plunged. Working with Stern and they aren’t real sure what to do. They did have me replace the opto boards for the house lock, but it’s still doing this. Sometimes it will on repeat just go into the back door haunt. Anyone else seen this or have suggestions? I also replaced node 8 and node 9 just in case, but didn’t make a difference.

Sounds like the opto is mis-aligned and vibration is triggering it. In switch test mode with the white peg pulled on the coin door, if you flip the flippers does it show those triggering? (You may have to take the glass off if the notice goes by too quickly due to the EOS switches on the flipper also activating. If you take the glass off, just smack the playfield with your open palm to create the vibration and see if that triggers it).

#12819 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit Batman that’s too dope! Love that color.

#12820 1 year ago

Looks really great! Would love to get that color!

#12821 1 year ago

I didn't know there was a "Fractured Illusion Cherry" that does look good.

Pinkitten, that "Deep Red(?)" may be the Prismatic Powders "Illusion Cherry" I did on mine. It too is a smooth finish.
DSCN0148 (resized).JPGDSCN0148 (resized).JPGDSCN0149 (resized).JPGDSCN0149 (resized).JPG

#12822 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Looks great! Steve is the best! Check out the purple he did for me.[quoted image]

Wow! I wanted to go with purple on mine. I wasn’t sure if it worked on a premium. I love it on the 40th. I’d love to have a 40th someday. Awesome color!

#12823 1 year ago

I went with "fractured illusion cherry". Done locally.

Sweet! I love the wrinkle (or whatever they call that!). Same color as mine, but with texture. Niiiiice.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Pinkitten, that "Deep Red(?)" may be the Prismatic Powders "Illusion Cherry" I did on mine. It too is a smooth finish.

Yep! Exact same as mine. You thrilled with yours? Steve highly recommended the illusion cherry. He’s doing my GZ now, in the same color that he did my Fish Tales. Prismatic Universe. Like this…

E066457F-212A-401B-9127-619BC6BD5E63 (resized).jpegE066457F-212A-401B-9127-619BC6BD5E63 (resized).jpeg
#12824 1 year ago

Yes, love the illusion cherry deep rich color. Also, I changed out my head t-molding from red to black.

#12825 1 year ago

I could be mistaken, but I think the "fractured" line is fairly new for Prismatic. There's only a handful of colors available currently. I was more than happy with the results.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12826 1 year ago

Yes, love the illusion cherry deep rich color. Also, I changed out my head t-molding from red to black.

Nice! I experiment with different t-molding colors. Here’s mine with two-color as I tried to decide. I still haven’t made up my mind in like 2 years. So it’s been that way.

174F6A5D-9639-402C-BBF5-9359A1AA7FBA (resized).jpeg174F6A5D-9639-402C-BBF5-9359A1AA7FBA (resized).jpeg74EA259A-D9C2-4A98-A18F-E1E2EE9CBAC4 (resized).jpeg74EA259A-D9C2-4A98-A18F-E1E2EE9CBAC4 (resized).jpeg
#12827 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Nice! I experiment with different t-molding colors. Here’s mine with two-color as I tried to decide. I still haven’t made up my mind in like 2 years. So it’s been that way.

Nice. Are those speaker lights made by doug?

#12828 1 year ago

So excited too get my elvira next month at the Louisville show. From what I'm hearing from my dealer is stern hasn't pushed it back at all and will go on the line in February like planned

#12829 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Nice. Are those speaker lights made by doug?

Yep, exactly. Awesome speaker lights.

#12830 1 year ago

Does anyone have pics of their premium EHoH with purple powder coat? I’m curious to see how it looks. Post here or PM me. Thanks!

#12831 1 year ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

So excited too get my elvira next month at the Louisville show. From what I'm hearing from my dealer is stern hasn't pushed it back at all and will go on the line in February like planned

I have been told the same.

#12832 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The addiction is real.

PinMonk....yes, very real. And you aren't helping....have your flipper coil fans on several of my games and it makes it much more conducive to playing longer sessions and feeding the addiction. Ha ha.

My teenager summed it up after I told him I put an order in for Elvira.....he said "Dad, you have a problem".

I know son, I know

#12833 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

PinMonk....yes, very real. And you aren't helping....have your flipper coil fans on several of my games and it makes it much more conducive to playing longer sessions and feeding the addiction. Ha ha.

Thanks for the support! Addicts helping addicts...be...addicts?

Quoted from Greaseman:

My teenager summed it up after I told him I put an order in for Elvira.....he said "Dad, you have a problem".
I know son, I know

As a recovering pinball addict, the struggle is real to keep only two pins at a time. When I had 13 perfect machines, was out of room and wanted more is when I realized I had a problem. When you're a pinball addict, your ideal collection is your current collection plus one. And the only way to keep growing my collection was to become "that guy" and put some in storage since I had no more room. So I went the other way and sold all the pins except two and try to limit my collection to only two pins now. Sometimes I end up with more for a month or two if there are a lot that come in at once for temp testing and mods, but generally two's the limit. If one's coming in, one has to go. It was very hard in the beginning (see: Hoarders, Pinball Edition) but not as hard now. I tell myself I can always get the ones I really like again if I want (and I have done that).

#12834 1 year ago

I took these pics at the unveiling of EHoH on October 19, 2019 at Expo. I was dazzled by the house right away.

0B80500B-6F2B-4995-B31A-8C644E43BE79 (resized).png0B80500B-6F2B-4995-B31A-8C644E43BE79 (resized).png364504ED-476A-4EC0-8F1D-68E2B4997347 (resized).jpeg364504ED-476A-4EC0-8F1D-68E2B4997347 (resized).jpeg
#12835 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Wow! I wanted to go with purple on mine. I wasn’t sure if it worked on a premium. I love it on the 40th. I’d love to have a 40th someday. Awesome color!

I’m wondering that myself. I hope to be able to show you next month! I didn’t do the coin door or speaker panel but I did the legs hinges side armor and t molding plus purple drip everywhere. I’m hoping the purple pops and doesn’t clash too bad with the orange/reds.

#12836 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Does anyone have pics of their premium EHoH with purple powder coat? I’m curious to see how it looks. Post here or PM me. Thanks!

066EF142-E318-4F03-976F-50BB2A8B81D8 (resized).jpeg066EF142-E318-4F03-976F-50BB2A8B81D8 (resized).jpeg93163CDD-76CC-42F6-89C4-2AF3A28F1BC1 (resized).jpeg93163CDD-76CC-42F6-89C4-2AF3A28F1BC1 (resized).jpeg
#12837 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like the opto is mis-aligned and vibration is triggering it. In switch test mode with the white peg pulled on the coin door, if you flip the flippers does it show those triggering? (You may have to take the glass off if the notice goes by too quickly due to the EOS switches on the flipper also activating. If you take the glass off, just smack the playfield with your open palm to create the vibration and see if that triggers it).

Thanks! I did order new Opto boards - and will check the alignment - I asked Stern for directions on the best way to get to those boards..any advise? I am assuming the entire house needs to come off.

#12838 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Thanks! Nice web rails!

#12839 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! Nice web rails!

No worries . Not my game but that’s the only picture of purple trim I could find for you.

#12840 1 year ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Thanks! I did order new Opto boards - and will check the alignment - I asked Stern for directions on the best way to get to those boards..any advise? I am assuming the entire house needs to come off.

I don't remember those on Elvira specifically, but often Stern mounts opto pairs at the PF level using a U shaped bracket that is accessible from under the playfield. So you can remove the screw(s) holding the U and pull the pair out through the bottom of the playfield. Not sure if the pair you're talking about is like that, but worth a check under the PF.

#12841 1 year ago

Zach commented on the latest Flip N Out podcast that EHOH was officially still expected to go on the line around the end of February.

#12842 1 year ago

I was looking at the early articles about Elvira was to have assets from 25 movies. Are these movies all in there because only 10 or so in the modes?

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more-2/

#12843 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Zach commented on the latest Flip N Out podcast that EHOH was officially still expected to go on the line around the end of February.

Also Knapp has an article saying EHOH was end of Feb

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-james-bond-60th-anniversary-to-begin-shipping-this-week-stern-production-update

#12844 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was looking at the early articles about Elvira was to have assets from 25 movies. Are these movies all in there because only 10 or so in the modes?
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/jurassic-park-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more-2/

Nope. There's a lot of stuff not implemented. It's more than 10, but far less than the 25. Off the top of my head, "Wasp Woman", "Don't Go Down to the Basement" and "Eegah!" are not in there. Wasp Woman and Eegah are prominently featured on the translite, too. Clearly 25 movies is a little ambitious, but I certainly wouldn't have minded of at least those two were in there. I don't know why they weren't prioritized; seems like the translite would reasonably show the most compelling (and I use that term loosely) films. There's some great shots in Wasp Woman. ... Not so much Eegah! lol

#12845 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's some great shots in Wasp Woman. ... Not so much Eegah! lol

What a great title tho! Eegah!!!!!

#12846 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What a great title tho! Eegah!!!!!

The movie is ridiculous - pretty hilarious they kept the shaving cream gag on the translite. It's basically the conceit of the whole movie. I don't want to give it away.. but .. it's pretty bad.

#12847 1 year ago

Is it exploding shaving cream? Didn’t they do that in Barb Wire, that cinematic masterpiece with Pamela?

#12848 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Is it exploding shaving cream? Didn’t they do that in Barb Wire, that cinematic masterpiece with Pamela?

LOL. That movie could have been good, in that 90s superhero way. At least the pinball is halfway decent!

No, not exploding shaving cream. Look at the guy's face and think more literal. I mean, seriously stupidest thing ever! LOL

#12849 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope. There's a lot of stuff not implemented. It's more than 10, but far less than the 25. Off the top of my head, "Wasp Woman", "Don't Go Down to the Basement" and "Eegah!" are not in there. Wasp Woman and Eegah are prominently featured on the translite, too. Clearly 25 movies is a little ambitious, but I certainly wouldn't have minded of at least those two were in there. I don't know why they weren't prioritized; seems like the translite would reasonably show the most compelling (and I use that term loosely) films. There's some great shots in Wasp Woman. ... Not so much Eegah! lol

I bet it all would have been done eventually if Lyman was still around. I don't think anyone would be willing to tinker with it unless they were working from his notes. There has to be someone though who could finish it as a tribute project for him. I hope Stern does it for the 1st DLC (they won't otherwise IMO).
The 40th backglass has new stuff on it, are those referencing more movies? Were those put into the game?

I wish Lyman could have known, or rather felt the appreciation and affection people had for him. Depression is a horrible, horrible thing.

#12850 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Is it exploding shaving cream?

Just regular old shaving cream that the cave man decides he likes to also eat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/257 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.