E066457F-212A-401B-9127-619BC6BD5E63 (resized).jpeg
DSCN0148 (resized).JPG
DSCN0149 (resized).JPG
20230204_232525 (resized).jpg
20230204_232514 (resized).jpg
20230204_232447 (resized).jpg
EB7E376A-6B12-49ED-888B-59D7EDC29400 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 258.
#12701 16 days ago

Don't see mine shown in either of these links ??

20230120_204752 (resized).jpg
#12702 16 days ago

I found it. It's the base set. So they just used both to meet quantity?

#12703 16 days ago

Here's the full set in numerical order (#1 is top left).

20230123_221438 (resized).jpg
#12704 16 days ago

So are any cards more rare or more sought after? I get the autographs vs not, but were any particular cards short printed or higher demand?

#12705 16 days ago

When you bought those cards, was it a full set, or random like ball cards?

#12706 16 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

I bought the full set on ebay. I'll post pics of them tonight.

I should read all before speaking :/

#12707 16 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Hey jake35, I see some interesting mods on your playfield. Mind sharing some close up pictures?

Sure.... I can't take the credit for most of them. I only added the medisynl mods.

20230123_223126 (resized).jpg20230123_224155 (resized).jpg20230123_224211 (resized).jpg20230123_224331 (resized).jpg
#12708 16 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The graded ones on eBay come in a little sealed case that fits perfectly on the apron. I added this one to my LE:
[quoted image]

I love your card. Wish I had my own.

#12709 15 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

Sure.... I can't take the credit for most of them. I only added the medisynl mods.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see you have glow rubbers.... and glow flippers? How cool is that. Do they light up real good? I've never seen any in person.

I've been thinking about what color titans to put on mine when it shows up....... was leaning towards glow rubbers, but not sure.
What seems to be the most used color on Elvira? Clear? Black? Purple? I'm sure they all look great, and I know the included Stern rubbers are cheap garbage.

#12710 15 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I see you have glow rubbers.... and glow flippers? How cool is that. Do they light up real good? I've never seen any in person.
I've been thinking about what color titans to put on mine when it shows up....... was leaning towards glow rubbers, but not sure.
What seems to be the most used color on Elvira? Clear? Black? Purple? I'm sure they all look great, and I know the included Stern rubbers are cheap garbage.

I had them in my Stranger Things, they really glow well IMO!

#12711 15 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

they glow great. i had never seen them before either, the person i got my SLE from had them put on before I bought it. they are quite bright, even brighter than the photo shows but not obnoxious. they look cool in my opinion.

#12712 15 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Glow looks awesome. Titan sells the little squares too so you can make the ramp protectors. (Ignore my stray wax bits on the flap).

0817D42F-392F-4530-AC5B-4074F813EB91 (resized).jpeg

#12713 13 days ago

Thanks guys, I'm going to try glow on mine.

Give it a spooky vibe (I hope) for a horror theme.

Sure can't wait for the game to hit the line. What a wait for a game, it's hard to believe the wait is almost over..... but what an expensive wait.

#12714 13 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Sure can't wait for the game to hit the line. What a wait for a game, it's hard to believe the wait is almost over..... but what an expensive wait.

I have been waiting for so long that it still doesn't feel real. I held off on buying other games through all of 2022 in anticipation of the November run that never happened. Fortunately, I decided to hold out just a little bit longer. I'm still half expecting something to go horribly wrong that will drag this out even further.

#12715 13 days ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have been waiting for so long that it still doesn't feel real. I held off on buying other games through all of 2022 in anticipation of the November run that never happened. Fortunately, I decided to hold out just a little bit longer. I'm still half expecting something to go horribly wrong that will drag this out even further.

I know the feeling..... and Stern has such a hard-on for Bond at the moment, I almost expect them to say "Oh yeah.... demand for Bond is so high we are bumping EHOH to Oct....." Except Bond has no demand. What a pickle for them. They assumed it was going to be this giant hit and everyone is like "This game is OLD, where is the next one?". Stern has had 5 months almost exclusively with Bond, why isn't Bond production OVER already?

They really need to get back to three releases a year (or more). Two a year is like they are regressing to JJP levels.

I haven't heard a thing from my distro since they emailed and said "we think you are getting an EHOH..... IF Stern actually ships us the numbers they allocated to us". It'd be nice to have some follow-up.... but I know they probably have told me everything.

Oh I do have a question: This is my 1st game (WOO HOOO!!!)..... what happens when they ship you the game? Do they just drop it off on your driveway? Or will they wheel it into your garage (or somewhere else)? I know I need to buy a dolly or something..... will I need to race out there and move it from the truck or is it a little easier than that? I know it's on a pallet, but I'm alone. How to get it off the pallet and onto the dolly.... the things you learn. HA!!!

#12716 13 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Except Bond has no demand. What a pickle for them.

Funny, as that's exactly what people said about EHoH when it first came out.

#12717 13 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I know the feeling..... and Stern has such a hard-on for Bond at the moment, I almost expect them to say "Oh yeah.... demand for Bond is so high we are bumping EHOH to Oct....." Except Bond has no demand. What a pickle for them. They assumed it was going to be this giant hit and everyone is like "This game is OLD, where is the next one?". Stern has had 5 months almost exclusively with Bond, why isn't Bond production OVER already?
They really need to get back to three releases a year (or more). Two a year is like they are regressing to JJP levels.
I haven't heard a thing from my distro since they emailed and said "we think you are getting an EHOH..... IF Stern actually ships us the numbers they allocated to us". It'd be nice to have some follow-up.... but I know they probably have told me everything.
Oh I do have a question: This is my 1st game (WOO HOOO!!!)..... what happens when they ship you the game? Do they just drop it off on your driveway? Or will they wheel it into your garage (or somewhere else)? I know I need to buy a dolly or something..... will I need to race out there and move it from the truck or is it a little easier than that? I know it's on a pallet, but I'm alone. How to get it off the pallet and onto the dolly.... the things you learn. HA!!!

No demand for Bond is probably because the code is rubbish right now. If it gets better, like EHOH did, the demand could grow. Though I wouldn't count on it. IMO, Lyman > Lonnie.

I think they recently pushed back the 60th Bond builds, as they have Godzilla on the line now. They've shown, if they're against the clock, EHOH is the first to get pushed back. So hopefully that isn't the case again.

As far as them getting back to three releases a year. I disagree. They have a lot of back orders for games they already spent the money to create and tool. Why spend all that upfront cost making new games when you have enough people on waitlists for older titles. If the demand lessens due to the economy, then they'll likely ramp back up to three or more games a year. As they'll need fresh games to keep up a lessening demand.

What happens when you get the game depends entirely on who you ordered it from. If it's a local distributor, they'll likely move it to your desired spot, help you set it up, and do some initial testing for you. If it's from a larger place, they'll likely just pay fedex for driveway drop off. From my experience, driveway drop off typically means they'll wheel it into the garage for you. Though my garage is pretty close to the top of the driveway, so don't take this as gospel. To get it off the pallet, you can just wiggle the game back and forth until you're off the pallet. They're heavy, but not unmovable. I'm an unfit skinny dude and haven't run into issues, but it's always a good idea to have a friend there if possible.

#12718 13 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

This depends on the shipper and shipping method. Typically, the shipper will call you to schedule a date about a week before. Shipping is usually curb-side delivery, meaning they will put it in your driveway or in front of your house. You will need to inspect the box and sign for the delivery while the driver is there. Getting it into the house is usually on you, unless you can work something out on the side with the driver. You will probably need a dolly or the help of a friend, possibly both. I usually unbox the game in my driveway and put it on a dolly to bring it in.

#12719 13 days ago

They will have a dolly. I've had over 25 machines delivered and never seen one show up without a way to wheel it off the truck.

#12720 13 days ago

Oh right..... unbox before getting it thru a door. HA!!
Yeah that makes sense..... and wiggle off the pallet, thanks!

They have those dollys with the three wheels for minor stair climbing..... I'm thinking of getting one of those (they don't look like 650lb but that's what they say). I only have one half step to get from the garage to the house (and the door lip). Seems very minor, but I don't have any help. It would suck to crash into the wall or the door frame.... LOL!!!

There are zero dealers in my area, so no white glove option.
So exciting though. The 1st of (hopefully) many.

Thank you guys

#12721 13 days ago
Quoted from jake35:

They will have a dolly. I've had over 25 machines delivered and never seen one show up without a way to wheel it off the truck.

Might also depend on your driveway and the shipper. I had two games delivered and my driveway was too steep for their electric pallet jack so they left them in the road (I was there so it wasn’t as dramatic as it sounds). I had my kid park a car in front of them so they didn’t get hit while I grabbed my dolly and wheeled them up to the house.

837BD38B-8BA7-4E33-879E-88833D659CAE (resized).jpeg
#12722 13 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Oh right..... unbox before getting it thru a door. HA!!
Yeah that makes sense..... and wiggle off the pallet, thanks!
They have those dollys with the three wheels for minor stair climbing..... I'm thinking of getting one of those (they don't look like 650lb but that's what they say). I only have one half step to get from the garage to the house (and the door lip). Seems very minor, but I don't have any help. It would suck to crash into the wall or the door frame.... LOL!!!
There are zero dealers in my area, so no white glove option.
So exciting though. The 1st of (hopefully) many.
Thank you guys

I tend to keep the game in the box when I get it in the house. The cardboard is a nice protective barrier. This is assuming you have the clearance.

Also, if you're doing it alone and only have a step. You might have an easier with a hand truck with additional wheels that you can set down. As you can just set lower it onto it's back on a step, then go to the bottom of the step and lift up and push.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/hand-carts-trucks-dollies/milwaukee-convertible-hand-truck-800lb-capacity/36080s/p-1551425340086-c-12175.htm

#12723 13 days ago

I’d say keep it in the box until you get it close to where the game will live. Also, don’t do this alone. Call a friend! A second set of hands helps so much.

#12724 13 days ago

I dont need no stinking dolly

Screenshot_20230126_090810_Photos (resized).jpg
#12725 13 days ago

Also - don’t sign for the delivery if you think there may be any concealed damage. If needed, open the box (as much as needed) to inspect. If the driver balks (shouldn’t) have him call dispatch, otherwise just refuse shipment and let your dealer know. Getting a damaged pin repaired/replaced is a whole lot more work if you’ve signed for the game before noticing the damage.

Odds are everything will be fine, but best to be prepared.

A cash tip may help getting the box from your driveway to garage or front door. Always has for me. Very unlikely driver will put the box inside for you but you never know unless you ask.

#12726 13 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

A cash tip may help getting the box from your driveway to garage or front door. Always has for me. Very unlikely driver will put the box inside for you but you never know unless you ask.

Agree - I always throw them some lunch money for putting it in my garage.

#12727 13 days ago

I know this is a longshot, but I've been going down the distributor list for the last few weeks trying to get an Elvira and it seems I'm always a day or two too late, deals fall through, or I get no response. Does anyone know of any open/available slots for a NIB Elvira? Thank you.

#12728 13 days ago

Last game the driver gave me a push up the ramp. I have like 3 steps and over door threshold. I usually get my wife to but it’s a struggle because of the weight. The driver offered and I gave him a nice tip.

You should have a hand truck and likely a ramp if needed for a few steps.

#12729 13 days ago
Quoted from CaptiveJet:

I know this is a longshot, but I've been going down the distributor list for the last few weeks trying to get an Elvira and it seems I'm always a day or two too late, deals fall through, or I get no response. Does anyone know of any open/available slots for a NIB Elvira? Thank you.

This happened to me back when I got BM66 must have called 30 dealers and got on a list and got lucky.

I wasn’t too excited about Elvira but got on list a year back just because seemed like a hard to get pin so I figured might as well get on the list just in case. But now I’m super excited about it counting the days.

#12730 13 days ago

Problem with sending it back is you might never get another allocation. So I’d call my dealer and see what he advises if it’s more or less something superficial.

I’ve not had any shipping damage knock on wood so it’s likely not going to be an issues. Good luck everyone.

#12731 9 days ago

I'm in on next month's new run and excited to be joining the club. I'm stocking up on mods and curious if anyone added their own trough LED strip vs. buying an official one. If so, how did you power it?

#12732 9 days ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm in on next month's new run and excited to be joining the club. I'm stocking up on mods and curious if anyone added their own trough LED strip vs. buying an official one. If so, how did you power it?

longish matrix cable to GI

#12733 9 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

longish matrix cable to GI

Thanks! Wasn't sure if this machine had led bulbs for GI or those individual SMD boards. I'll go the GI route for sure

#12734 9 days ago

Anyone with a preorder get final invoices yet? Not trying to jinx it but all signs point to this February run being a go!

#12735 9 days ago

Here’s your sign!

3FDD925E-B8D7-4E05-8214-A4F84EE6AC93 (resized).png
#12736 9 days ago

Congrats to those who have been waiting patiently for what must seem like forever …

#12737 9 days ago

Jumped on a list a month ago and feel like it’s been years. I can’t imagine those of you who have been waiting for so long

#12738 9 days ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Jumped on a list a month ago and feel like it’s been years. I can’t imagine those of you who have been waiting for so long

Ive been waiting for years. Since then Ive compiled a pile of mods just waiting patiently to adorn her.

Official topper (thank you tilt)
Official shooter rod
External volume
LE sound upgrade with led speaker lights
Boom subwoofer
Pinwoofer external sub out
Purple blood drip set from back alley
Purple t molding
40th anniversary armor package
Playfield protector
Stern art blades
Shaker motor
Blood drip plastic protectors
Medisynal mods set
Roof mod
Signed Elvira card for apron
Ramp air ball fix
Left ramp ball lock alignment fix
Should keep me busy for a bit!

059001A3-DBA9-4C84-8B45-47A01DAFE96F (resized).jpeg0DE0B642-2174-4373-8DF4-FA9441C624E5 (resized).jpeg1377DC62-6113-44BA-B3EB-E482ECD2267F (resized).jpeg2041EC59-4AF4-40EB-8F62-7AB153CAF180 (resized).jpeg44AD9E1D-5146-4D16-A761-D7460E67C51B (resized).jpeg5352501E-3649-4D8D-8489-4F86990E6BEB (resized).png6976FFF0-84AB-4D52-9923-09E2E99ED313 (resized).jpeg7284F2CD-B021-43A0-A5B3-65E6316C7558 (resized).jpegC60D1764-71B6-4CE0-897A-44C52FB39EC2 (resized).jpegE96BE286-E117-4CB0-B09F-3DD1AAB9F799 (resized).jpegEE366DA2-7B33-472A-9193-168243866A1E (resized).jpeg
#12739 9 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Ive been waiting for years. Since then Ive compiled a pile of mods just waiting patiently to adorn her.
Official shooter rod
External volume
Boom subwoofer
Purple t molding
Playfield protector
Stern art blades
Shaker motor
Medisynal mods set
Roof mod
Ramp air ball fix
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's an impressive stash! The useless box is highly recommended as well:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate

#12740 9 days ago

Is it true? It's on the line?

Hard to believe...... surreal......

Excited to hopefully see a invoice real soon.

#12741 9 days ago

Does anyone know about “Pew Pew Pew”? I see it on the menu and am very curious about it. Do you think it will be included on an update?

#12742 9 days ago
Quoted from BigT:

Does anyone know about “Pew Pew Pew”? I see it on the menu and am very curious about it. Do you think it will be included on an update?

Lyman obviously had plans for more haunts as indicated by settings in the menu, but it's doubtful Stern would allocate resources to continue to work on the code. Anything is possible, however.

#12743 9 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Lyman obviously had plans for more haunts as indicated by settings in the menu, but it's doubtful Stern would allocate resources to continue to work on the code. Anything is possible, however.

Perfect time for a DLC expansion..... although that opens a can of worms forever.

#12744 9 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Back Alley's purple blood drip set looks a lot more like what Stern used on their 40th Anniversary brochure, but didn’t actually deliver to customers, instead going with a darker purple and a lot less sparkle.

Quoted from Jkush18:

As a 40th Anniversary owner who happens to be one of the victims of "Glittergate," I'm going to be wanting to re-do my armor at some point, and I haven't decided if I want to match what I've already got, or go with something like what Back Alley did.

As if I don't already have enough paint samples from Prismatic, it looks like I'm going to need to corner the market on 'purple' and various 'rockstar' and 'supernova' metal flake samples.

#12745 9 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Is it true? It's on the line?
Hard to believe...... surreal......
Excited to hopefully see a invoice real soon.

I don't believe it is on the line yet. All games that haven't been sunset come up as 'in production' on Sterns website.

Last Friday Godzillas were actively being produced.

#12746 9 days ago

Can someone point me in the direction of the roof mod?

#12747 8 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Official shooter rod
External volume
Boom subwoofer
Purple t molding
Playfield protector
Stern art blades
Shaker motor
Medisynal mods set
Roof mod
Ramp air ball fix

Wondering if you can dwell on the roof mod, ramp airball fix and left ramp ball lock alignment fix? Got a few of those mods myself ready to go but hadn't heard of these things before so want to be prepared. Cheers!

#12748 8 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Wondering if you can dwell on the roof mod, ramp airball fix and left ramp ball lock alignment fix? Got a few of those mods myself ready to go but hadn't heard of these things before so want to be prepared. Cheers!

I don't know what the roof mod or ramp airball fix is either..... but the left ramp ball lock fix is sold at PinballLife. Small little bit of plastic that makes the ramp level with the trunk so it's smoother.

#12749 8 days ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Back Alley's purple blood drip set looks a lot more like what Stern used on their 40th Anniversary brochure, but didn’t actually deliver to customers, instead going with a darker purple and a lot less sparkle.

As a 40th Anniversary owner who happens to be one of the victims of "Glittergate," I'm going to be wanting to re-do my armor at some point, and I haven't decided if I want to match what I've already got, or go with something like what Back Alley did.
As if I don't already have enough paint samples from Prismatic, it looks like I'm going to need to corner the market on 'purple' and various 'rockstar' and 'supernova' metal flake samples.

I would highly recommend HemiOrange09 for any powder coat projects you may have. Incredibly fast turnaround and very reasonably priced. Kinda rare today…

#12750 8 days ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

I got the left return airball cover for mine. I was having a lot of balls that hit the end of the left return and hopped over it into the outlane and this has worked great.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1195-rgp-models/02920-anti-airball-ramp-deflector-for-elvira-house-of-horrors

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach, FL
There are 12,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 258.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.