IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 363.
#12451 1 year ago

More EHoH coming February

Not sure if final run or not

DDB20974-33F9-47F7-BFE6-D5B37E3C03B4 (resized).jpegDDB20974-33F9-47F7-BFE6-D5B37E3C03B4 (resized).jpeg
#12452 1 year ago
Quoted from judgejohn:

Having a problem with trunk on my machine. It will not open up. I removed the side panel and it looks like the mechanism that raises and lowers it has become detached from the top of the trunk. Still looking around for missing parts. I can’t find a diagram explaining the parts of this mechanism in the manual (but maybe I am looking in the wrong places). Has anyone else had this issue arise? Really hoping for help in identifying parts I need to order (and maybe advice for a relative newb regarding installation). See photo - thanks for any kind advice (or even unkind advice).
[quoted image]

The manual is missing that page. The missing page is a key post. Here it is:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/217#post-6836682

#12453 1 year ago

Thanks Mad Dog. Hopefully can get it fixed now.

#12454 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

[quoted image]

Yea it already sold out almost everywhere. Local dealer had a couple for offer for a whole day and he's booked up. It's unfortunate if this is last or the only run in 23 and they can't meet the demand there is. People want the machine, MAKE THE THING

#12455 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea it already sold out almost everywhere. Local dealer had a couple for offer for a whole day and he's booked up. It's unfortunate if this is last or the only run in 23 and they can't meet the demand there is. People want the machine, MAKE THE THING

I really need to get a couple games in on my machine; I’ve just been playing Weird Al for the past month. EHOH is just so damn good!

#12456 1 year ago

The Haunted House needed a dust cover. The room appeared to be stretching! The ceiling was going up, while the floor was going down!

1FF35CCE-FDC0-4F56-9EB6-BF3DCFD8D405 (resized).png1FF35CCE-FDC0-4F56-9EB6-BF3DCFD8D405 (resized).png
#12457 1 year ago

Maybe joining the club with the new run!

I see the tilt rules with a good bit of ‘needs more information’ or ‘this is not in the code yet’ explanations.

Is there anywhere with a more updated rule write up?

Is the topper worth it? Assuming I can find one?

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

[quoted image]

Damn, Keith is killing it, we know he’s killing it already but damn.

Glad to see more SW and DP on the calendar as well.

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe joining the club with the new run!
I see the tilt rules with a good bit of ‘needs more information’ or ‘this is not in the code yet’ explanations.
Is there anywhere with a more updated rule write up?
Is the topper worth it? Assuming I can find one?

I haven't seen a great write up anywhere. If you're not opposed to a video. This is likely the most detailed rules video I've seen:

#12460 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I haven't seen a great write up anywhere. If you're not opposed to a video. This is likely the most detailed rules video I've seen:

^^^^ This. Tiltforums isn't fully updated for Elvira, but there are a lot of very good streams of it online to watch to get a good feel for the game and the rules.

#12461 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Cool thanks!!

#12462 1 year ago

If you know anyone looking for a cactus canyon LE trade for their premium lemme know…finders fee happily paid and donation made!

#12463 1 year ago

Watching the videos, it looks like a great pin.

So many different multi balls and modes, hats off to Lyman.

#12464 1 year ago

Does anyone know what powder coat color the Elvira 40th edition is? Thank you

#12465 1 year ago

I was watching some of the gameplay like DeadFlip. Just curious if you have to finish all the shots on a mode because some modes looked like 14+ shots. Or is there a halfway point and the extra shots just keep building up the points but are not necessary to complete.

#12466 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was watching some of the gameplay like DeadFlip. Just curious if you have to finish all the shots on a mode because some modes looked like 14+ shots. Or is there a halfway point and the extra shots just keep building up the points but are not necessary to complete.

Lots of risk/reward built in. It’s part of the beauty of this code. On several modes the house ramp lights up to let you move to the next phase of the mode, or you can keep going for lit shots to boost mode score (thereby also boosting trailer trash bonus). So you can move on in the mode asap or try to get greedy and build it up.

#12467 1 year ago

Hello everyone I just had a tech over to help me make some tweaks to my Elvira VUK and it just so happens that right after he finished that while he was here my crypt stopped working properly, the skull was hitting the playfield and forcing the crypt to cycle up. We took off the roof and found that the screw had become completely unscrewed and was attached by a single thread and the arm that moves the crypt underneath the playfield also had become completely unattached. I strongly recommend everyone remove the roof from their crypt and just take a look at the screw on the bottom right and see if it’s tight if it’s not you better take it apart and fix it before it completely falls apart. I was super lucky this happened while he was here because completely disassembling that and reassembling was beyond my comfort level and that is what we had to do to fix it. It’s working perfect now.

#12468 1 year ago

As we get closer to the next run, I am getting very excited for this pin. It’s been on order for two years and had who knows how many price increases, but I will finally have this lovely lady in my game room.

#12469 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

As we get closer to the next run, I am getting very excited for this pin. It’s been on order for two years and had who knows how many price increases, but I will finally have this lovely lady in my game room.

Will be well worth the wait, cant imagine ours ever leaving

#12470 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Congrats! I almost sold mine again…. Then I played it a bunch.
Nope.
Not for sale
Again….

#12471 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Same boat, getting so close (for the 3rd time )......

#12472 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Congrats! I almost sold mine again…. Then I played it a bunch.
Nope.
Not for sale
Again….

This was one of my grail games - I never quite got into Scared Stiff as it was a bit too easy, but love EATPM and Movie Macabre, horror in general. It is (so far at least, never say never I guess) never leaving. Only game I’ve ever bought the wife said “you will not sell this”.

It’s just almost perfect. I don’t turn it on every day, but when I do it’s always a home run

#12473 1 year ago

This is going to be my last NIB game I buy with the way prices are. I am only commiting to this because I have waited for so long. Rarely does a game play grab me like this one. Metallica is the only other I can think of.

#12474 1 year ago

I put a Pinwoofer kit in mine (along with some fuzzy side velcro on the backglass to prevent rattles) and WOW! Talk about enhancing the experience! Worth every penny.

#12475 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I put a Pinwoofer kit in mine (along with some fuzzy side velcro on the backglass to prevent rattles) and WOW! Talk about enhancing the experience! Worth every penny.

I tell people the same, really brings out the sound effects and takes the hollowness out of elviras voice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12476 1 year ago

Anyone know of any distros with a spot available for the next run? Would appreciate any leads

#12477 1 year ago

New start button and goblin crate mod today. All cleaned up.

6A50F1C3-8BB3-4A76-A315-365572E8DDEB (resized).jpeg6A50F1C3-8BB3-4A76-A315-365572E8DDEB (resized).jpegACD97BBF-5AE9-49A4-BCF3-13AC4DF1FD7F (resized).jpegACD97BBF-5AE9-49A4-BCF3-13AC4DF1FD7F (resized).jpeg
#12478 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but you have my problem, invisiglass is needed. I'm grabbing a sheet this week

#12479 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great, but you have my problem, invisiglass is needed. I'm grabbing a sheet this week

That is invisiglass

#12480 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That is invisiglass

Uh oh

#12481 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That is invisiglass

Wow, speakers reflecting pretty bad. On gz and rush it's near invisible. I do use bent plastic piece from pinball lifecon elvirs, blocks 90% of speaker light

#12482 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Did you take the apron to a Cassandra appearance at a comicon to get it signed?

#12483 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks great! Did you take the apron to a Cassandra appearance at a comicon to get it signed?

I did at the pinball expo in 2019 24 hours after my game arrived

#12484 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wow, speakers reflecting pretty bad. On gz and rush it's near invisible. I do use bent plastic piece from pinball lifecon elvirs, blocks 90% of speaker light

That’s been the case. They’re bright and maybe the angle?

#12485 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I did at the pinball expo in 2019 24 hours after my game arrived

Perfect timing. I'm patiently waiting for her to make an appearance in my area so I can get her to sign a trading card so I can make my game a poor man's version of SLE or 40th.

#12486 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

That’s been the case. They’re bright and maybe the angle?

https://www.pinballlife.com/bent-plastic.html
I use this on ehoh and acdc. Really don't notice it while playing and plucks big majority of speaker light reflection

#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This was one of my grail games - I never quite got into Scared Stiff as it was a bit too easy, but love EATPM and Movie Macabre, horror in general. It is (so far at least, never say never I guess) never leaving. Only game I’ve ever bought the wife said “you will not sell this”.
It’s just almost perfect. I don’t turn it on every day, but when I do it’s always a home run

I find EHOH on the easy side as well.

#12488 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I find EHOH on the easy side as well.

Interesting extrapolation!

#12489 1 year ago

Gettin' ready for that final payment email!!

#12490 1 year ago

My turret keeps rotating. Took off turret, plastic interrupter still in tact. Checked optos in switch test, dead. Checked manual, cn9 on node board 9. Unplugged and replugged. Worked, then stopped again. Node board pictured with lights shown. Have I a bad node board? Is there a reason all 4 optos would work for a while then stop?

Also have to be careful threading turret screw in, notice I need to turn counter clockwise first to find thread and then tighten. Otherwise very easy to strip thread.

Any ideas?

41E0D8EE-ABBA-4439-B04F-8D3597881728 (resized).jpeg41E0D8EE-ABBA-4439-B04F-8D3597881728 (resized).jpeg
#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My turret keeps rotating. Took off turret, plastic interrupter still in tact. Checked optos in switch test, dead. Checked manual, cn9 on node board 9. Unplugged and replugged. Worked, then stopped again. Node board pictured with lights shown. Have I a bad node board? Is there a reason all 4 optos would work for a while then stop?
Also have to be careful threading turret screw in, notice I need to turn counter clockwise first to find thread and then tighten. Otherwise very easy to strip thread.
Any ideas?
[quoted image]

You can know for sure if it's the node board by swapping node 8 and node 9 (be sure to change the dip switches to tell each board of its new id of 9/8 instead of 8/9). If you swap it and no change, it's not the node board. If you swap it and problem solved, it's the node board and whatever uses that connection on node 8 will now be flaky.

#12492 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can know for sure if it's the node board by swapping node 8 and node 9 (be sure to change the dip switches to tell each board of its new id of 9/8 instead of 8/9). If you swap it and no change, it's not the node board. If you swap it and problem solved, it's the node board and whatever uses that connection on node 8 will now be flaky.

Hey thanks Vik! Good idea will check it out. I have disabled the motor in the mean time.

#12493 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting extrapolation!

I've played it. I mean if you suck at pinball, you may find your experience different than mine. It's a great game, none the less or do you have a problem with that comment as well?

#12494 1 year ago

My Elvira is running 1.02 code. From what I can tell on Sterns website, the newer code versions are exclusively insider connect stuff?? Can anyone confirm this? Those update notes are a bit hard to read for me.

#12495 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Modes can time out. The other benefit of completing a mode is the extra ball after completing 2 and the wizard mode for completing 5.

#12496 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unless it’s a connector with an improperly inserted pin.

The swap of the node board may mask this scenario.

#12497 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I've played it. I mean if you suck at pinball, you may find your experience different than mine. It's a great game, none the less or do you have a problem with that comment as well?

Dude, check your anger at the door. I wasn’t questioning your manhood, and my comment wasn’t even sarcastic. Sorry you got laughed at in gym class. You were making an assumption from another pinsider’s comment, and I didn’t draw the same conclusion. Thus, my comment.

#12498 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dude, check your anger at the door. I wasn’t questioning your manhood, and my comment wasn’t even sarcastic. Sorry you got laughed at in gym class. You were making an assumption from another pinsider’s comment, and I didn’t draw the same conclusion. Thus, my comment.

FWIW, elvira has been kicking my azz lately

#12499 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

FWIW, elvira has been locking my azz lately

I have days where I’ll go all the way to House Party and Gappa on ball 1, and other days I can’t even complete a single mode! (And only half of those involve any sort of beer! )

#12500 1 year ago

I'm eagerly waiting the build next month.......

As long as Stern doesn't do the whole "EHOH switcharoo" of "Oh yeah, EHOH.... we're not building that. Maybe after another three price increases!!! -Love, Gary"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/250 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.