IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 363.
#1151 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question: the skill shot on my game does not work. I cannot get the ball to go in the hole behind the house. Any ideas? I am at 7.5 degrees angle. Could this be the problem? Weird. I have .880 code.

Take your house off and look for the additional piece of metal seen in this picture, the black oval My game did not have this piece. Contact Chaz if you do not.

elvira skill shot (resized).jpgelvira skill shot (resized).jpg
#1152 4 years ago

So I've had my LE for a week now. I love the game but am having a hard time justifying a $10k machine when I know I'd likely be much happier with 2-3 good used machines. I think I may sell it. Anyone have any advice on the timing of the sale? I know the machine is probably worth $9500-$10k now. In a few years it'll likely be $7-$13k in Wacky Used Pinball Priceland. I don't mind keeping it and selling it down the road for the same price as I'd sell it for today, but I don't want to have the value drop either.

#1153 4 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think I may sell it. Anyone have any advice on the timing of the sale? I know the machine is probably worth $9500-$10k now. In a few years it'll likely be $7-$13k in Wacky Used Pinball Priceland.

As a BM66LE owner I would say wait for Lyman to finish the code before you make your decision to sell or not, he’s guaranteed to knock the code out of the park, plus that’s when the game will have its most demand and get you a better chance of selling close to what you paid.

But days of games going up in value above NIB prices seem to be a thing of the past so I wouldn’t hold your breathe on getting 10-13k back for it. There’s just to many new releases these days, in a few years there’s likely going to be another 12 new shiny pins from Stern, 3-5 from JJP, not to mention Spooky, CGC, AP and whatever Deeproot finally manage.

#1154 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Take your house off and look for the additional piece of metal seen in this picture, the black oval My game did not have this piece. Contact Chaz if you do not.[quoted image]

Great tip, what was the manufacturing date of your machine?

#1155 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Take your house off and look for the additional piece of metal seen in this picture, the black oval My game did not have this piece. Contact Chaz if you do not.[quoted image]

Aaahhhhh well that explains why I can never hit the skill shot from a plunge, mine is missing that piece. Thanks, gonna contact Stern support and get it sent out.

#1156 4 years ago

Well. I've had my first part break. The left flipper coil stop broke. No huge deal. Parts ordered. Of course, I just got all my black Friday orders in.

I'm curious as to who y'all recommend for replacements.

#1157 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I agree on the previous posters comments. For example, reduce the 3 skull assembly to 1 skull assembly and darken it a bit and I think it would look very nice on the left ramp. The right ramp tombstone is about 2x too big.

Thx. Working on some revisions.

#1158 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Well. I've had my first part break. The left flipper coil stop broke. No huge deal. Parts ordered. Of course, I just got all my black Friday orders in.
I'm curious as to who y'all recommend for replacements.

Your distro should send you the parts for free. That happens more than you think.

#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I seriously can not believe the number of hacks out of the box required to even get this game playable!
I love the ingenuity of us pinheads to find a way but a serious WTF on this game!

Only thing the one I sat up needed out of the box. Was to adjust the sling leaf. (Double kick) and adjust the lockdown bar button leaf. (Was to close) been playing great ever since. Has over 200 games on it.

#1160 4 years ago

I cannot stop playing our 3lvira. Awesome game and I am looking forward to what Lyman has in store for this game.

There is some not so good for me.

We stripped the game before we played it to fit a playfield protector and Cliffys. A couple of the screws securing the optos were loose and when I checked the switches, they did not work. I had to fix it. 2 places, under the haunted house and the ball locks behind the target.
Clearcoat is back to thin, I like this and I nearly did not put the playfield protector on.
Some of the inserts are crazed.
Spring had fallen off the ramp.
A couple of very small scratches on the glass.
The code is still a fair way to go. Definitely does not bother me, I like to see the code progress. I know this bothers some.
Game crashed when we went to update the code. Turned out to be a faulty SDHC card. Spent 3 or 4 hours downloading all the software and etcher to flash a new card.

I hope this helps anyone else having issues. They are all minor things (very frustrating) and we are happy with our game so far. If you like 90s BW games I think you will like 3lvira.

Game shoots and feels very nice, artwork and looks are beautiful. So far a winner for my wife and I.

#1161 4 years ago

Has anyone seen where "extra ball" is lit for when you enter the house ramp, but then doesn't award the extra ball (or jackpot) when you get it in there?
I had it lit, entered the house many times and no extra ball. Finally, the ball took a funny bounce or something when it went in the house and ended up going into the backdoor hole (Hey, that's what it's called!) and that's when I got the extra ball awarded. Is there something that's supposed to move into position to force that to happen when extra ball is lit, or is there a bug?

#1162 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I seriously can not believe the number of hacks out of the box required to even get this game playable!
I love the ingenuity of us pinheads to find a way but a serious WTF on this game!

At least the code is going to be epic ...

So far it seems that many of these issues have been corrected on November builds though I’ll have to look to see if anything has been done with the ramp spring.

#1163 4 years ago

Did a number of small things to my game today (Cliffys, USB extension, PinPAC4 [which is awesome!], screw and assembly checks) but decided to wait and install the playfield protector next week. Looking for tips from those that have done one.

Someone had mentioned that one of the left return lanes needed to be cut but eyeballing it not sure that will be necessary. Hope not anyway. What adjustments did folks make?

The ramps clearly have to come off and looks like the house has to come off unless you cut the protector at the very top (don’t want to do that).

Can anyone share tips/steps to removing the house in the fewest possible pieces? Anything else you did with the house off? Ditto on the ramps though they look pretty straight forward.

Did you take the crypt (or crypt roof) off?

Going to Novus 1 the playfield and use it to get off the sticker residue, then lightly wax the top of the protector (not making the mistake of waxing the PF again). Any other suggestions? I’ll post pics of my process next weekend.
74CF51EC-6053-4857-A182-9834AFAFA36C (resized).jpeg74CF51EC-6053-4857-A182-9834AFAFA36C (resized).jpeg

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Clearcoat is back to thin, I like this and I nearly did not put the playfield protector on.

It is certainly significantly thinner than on some playfields I saw earlier this year. But the clear may still not be hard enough. Noticed an issue under the apron where the clear had been depressed by the apron installation. It’s in an area not visible, but still bothers me a bit. But didn’t notice any chipping or areas of pooling or separation elsewhere so fingers crossed that Stern has the issue figured out (though I still think no art areas are a bandaid and not an indication that the clear problems are actually in the past).

The wood itself is surprisingly soft - if I had any doubts about putting a protector on, I don’t any more. I shudder to think what these playfields will look like with a few thousand plays on them

0F081BBE-8E3A-41F3-BCBA-E691A617CE7F (resized).jpeg0F081BBE-8E3A-41F3-BCBA-E691A617CE7F (resized).jpeg
#1165 4 years ago

Doug at SpeakerLightKits.com has the newer Type 13 for LE versions which only lights the speakers. I wanted my speaker lights to match, so I went with the Type 12 Deluxe like my GotG. I was worried I might not like the effect. Here's a video showing both.

#1166 4 years ago

I decided to install my ramp washer. Didn't need to but wanted to be proactive.

Step 1) Remove the turret screw and turret top.

Step 2) Remove the 2 screws on the roof by the chimneys and then remove the roof.

Step 3) Cover your pop bumpers with a small towel. You will need a magnetic 9" or greater 1/4" nut driver. Remove the 4 wood screws that hold the house down by going through the top of the house. Then lift the house up and set it on its side on top of the pop bumpers.

Step 4) Carefully loosen the screw on the right side of the ramp being extra careful not to drop the spacer. Pull the screw and spacer back just far enough to slip in the nylon washer. Once the washer is in place, tighten the screw back down.

Step 5) Reverse the assembly steps.

20191208_130410 (resized).jpg20191208_130410 (resized).jpg20191208_131448 (resized).jpg20191208_131448 (resized).jpg
#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Doug at SpeakerLightKits.com has the newer Type 13 for LE versions which only lights the speakers. I wanted my speaker lights to match, so I went with the Type 12 Deluxe like my GotG. I was worried I might not like the effect. Here's a video showing both.

Thanks for the video and the kind words.

The "full framed" Deluxe kit in an LE game with the visible speakers can have some really unusually effects. With certain light patters it really makes it look like the center of the speaker cones are spinning. I guess it is the way the shadows move around them.

I'm thinking of getting some speaker foam to sell separately on my website just in case someone would want to try to standardize the look of some of their games and cover up their LE speakers and surrounds for uniformity sake. I've also seen a case of someone just having wavy speaker foam from the factory. The foam must have been cut from the very end of the roll or something with all of the waves that can be seen in it. The thing is...I'm sure it looked fine from the factory since it wasn't lit up, but when the owner added a light kit behind it, it pointed out the poor condition that the factory foam was in.

Thanks again for the post SKWilson and I'm glad you like them.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is certainly significantly thinner than on some playfields I saw earlier this year. But the clear may still not be hard enough. Noticed an issue under the apron where the clear had been depressed by the apron installation. It’s in an area not visible, but still bothers me a bit. But didn’t notice any chipping or areas of pooling or separation elsewhere so fingers crossed that Stern has the issue figured out (though I still think no art areas are a bandaid and not an indication that the clear problems are actually in the past).
The wood itself is surprisingly soft - if I had any doubts about putting a protector on, I don’t any more. I shudder to think what these playfields will look like with a few thousand plays on them [quoted image]

My impressions in the clearcoat under the apron are worse than that. Doesn't really bother me. I don't think the playfields cured very long before being assembled. Out of site, out of mind.

#1169 4 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Thanks!! That must be it. I’ll check this weekend. Tony

#1170 4 years ago

Is someone having same issue as this one?
On the left of the house, roof decals are coming off.
Look at how they cut decal to fit around windows! Ugly.
Not a big deal but for the cost, machine should come in perfect shape.

2019-12-08 17.08.57 (resized).jpg2019-12-08 17.08.57 (resized).jpg
#1171 4 years ago

The new code update activated the headphone accessory but the volume knob just puts up the current volume level but does not change it. Is this a code bug is their any one else experiencing this?

#1172 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Is someone having same issue as this one?
On the left of the house, roof decals are coming off.
Look at how they cut decal to fit around windows! Ugly.
Not a big deal but for the cost, machine should come in perfect shape.[quoted image]

That is not the norm. Hit up Stern and get new decals. Mine were installed in one piece.

20191209_060936 (resized).jpg20191209_060936 (resized).jpg
#1173 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

That is not the norm. Hit up Stern and get new decals. Mine were installed in one piece.[quoted image]

Ok, thank you.

#1174 4 years ago
6232B52B-CB46-4782-8EB0-30CFD50DEDA3 (resized).jpeg6232B52B-CB46-4782-8EB0-30CFD50DEDA3 (resized).jpeg
#1175 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did a number of small things to my game today (Cliffys, USB extension, PinPAC4 [which is awesome!], screw and assembly checks) but decided to wait and install the playfield protector next week. Looking for tips from those that have done one.
Someone had mentioned that one of the left return lanes needed to be cut but eyeballing it not sure that will be necessary. Hope not anyway. What adjustments did folks make?
The ramps clearly have to come off and looks like the house has to come off unless you cut the protector at the very top (don’t want to do that).
Can anyone share tips/steps to removing the house in the fewest possible pieces? Anything else you did with the house off? Ditto on the ramps though they look pretty straight forward.
Did you take the crypt (or crypt roof) off?
Going to Novus 1 the playfield and use it to get off the sticker residue, then lightly wax the top of the protector (not making the mistake of waxing the PF again). Any other suggestions? I’ll post pics of my process next weekend.
[quoted image]

I cut my protector at the top. Its hidden behind the house, made install so much easier and the relief cut made it lay flatter, imo. I wouldnt hesitate to cut it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I cut my protector at the top. Its hidden behind the house, made install so much easier and the relief cut made it lay flatter, imo. I wouldnt hesitate to cut it.

How does it provide relief to lay flatter? Do the cuts now overlap or did you take an additional slice off one of the cuts? Did you have to cut any other portion to install? Did you take anything off the playfield beside the ramps?

It seems that cutting the protector would allow installation without removing the house but would also allow dirt to more easily get to the playfield in an area that virtually every ball has to travel. I might consider a cut if it doesn’t lie flat (or if the house is far more difficult to remove than it appears) but can’t really make that determination without seeing how it lies.

#1177 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Working on some revisions.

I assume it was obvious to the mod makers but I hope someone is making purple plastic protectors. Dying to get those.

#1178 4 years ago

Gargoyle down! A project for tomorrow.

IMG_20191209_202419361 (resized).jpgIMG_20191209_202419361 (resized).jpg
#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I assume it was obvious to the mod makers but I hope someone is making purple plastic protectors. Dying to get those.

Just ordered a set from Cointaker

#1180 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Just ordered a set from Cointaker

Thanks just got them!

#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How does it provide relief to lay flatter? Do the cuts now overlap or did you take an additional slice off one of the cuts? Did you have to cut any other portion to install? Did you take anything off the playfield beside the ramps?
It seems that cutting the protector would allow installation without removing the house but would also allow dirt to more easily get to the playfield in an area that virtually every ball has to travel. I might consider a cut if it doesn’t lie flat (or if the house is far more difficult to remove than it appears) but can’t really make that determination without seeing how it lies.

I’ve become a big fan of cutting them for this purpose. It saves so much time and doesn’t impact gameplay at all. I recommend a nice clean cut with a brand new razor blade, then a follow up shaving to one side of the cut. The idea of the shaving is to take off about a 16th of an inch so that it could never overlap.

I have done it without the shaving on a few games and it is perfectly flat because of the natural tension on the material, but one game ended up bunching just enough to annoy me. Now I take that extra bit off.

I am one owner, but I have done this to 4 games being played in a bar. After a few thousand plays all of them look and play perfectly.

#1182 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

The new code update activated the headphone accessory but the volume knob just puts up the current volume level but does not change it. Is this a code bug is their any one else experiencing this?

No buddy has the headphone kit installed on the latest code?

#1183 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

No buddy has the headphone kit installed on the latest code?

I have PinPAC4 installed and it works perfectly with 0.88 code, but I have read that doesn’t use the same connections as Stern’s headphone kit so it may not be an apples to apples comparison.

#1184 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve become a big fan of cutting them for this purpose. It saves so much time and doesn’t impact gameplay at all. I recommend a nice clean cut with a brand new razor blade, then a follow up shaving to one side of the cut. The idea of the shaving is to take off about a 16th of an inch so that it could never overlap.
I have done it without the shaving on a few games and it is perfectly flat because of the natural tension on the material, but one game ended up bunching just enough to annoy me. Now I take that extra bit off.
I am one owner, but I have done this to 4 games being played in a bar. After a few thousand plays all of them look and play perfectly.

What he said. I ended up making two cuts. One at the top behind the house, and one in the loop under the left ramp. Both are hidden by assemblies once everything is put back, and keeps from having to touch the house. I don't see how it would allow any other debris than normal, as the protectors have gaps all over the playfield around other objects. With the two cuts, you remove the two ramps, the slings, the flipper bats, and twist a couple of the flaps out of the way (remove one screw). I didn't even have to remove the right ramp entirely....just enough to slip the protector under it. There are a dozen or so connectors to remove underneath, but they are all pretty much keyed/color coded or labeled, so I didn't even take pictures.

#1185 4 years ago

As it relates to a proposed topper, the premier enhancement to this game, my 2 cents, for what it's worth...any topper developed for this great game should be all about Elvira...she is and always has been the focal point here...perhaps inspiration should be taken from Byron Winton's work..."Creature Feature"...Elvira on her couch surrounded by all the classic and campy monsters we have grown to love...the suggestion of a graveyard topper is simply lame.

20191210_172118 (resized).jpg20191210_172118 (resized).jpg
#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

As it relates to a proposed topper, the premier enhancement to this game, my 2 cents, for what it's worth...any topper developed for this great game should be all about Elvira...she is and always has been the focal point here...perhaps inspiration should be taken from Byron Winton's work..."Creature Feature"...Elvira on her couch surrounded by all the classic and campy monsters we have grown to love...the suggestion of a graveyard topper is simply lame.[quoted image]

Sterns topper was teased a few days back, are you planning to make your own? Elvira on her couch seems like a no brainer and would certainly be better than Sterns planned topper which was abit of a letdown considering the awesome toppers they did for BM66, Munsters to name 2.

F9E26A7B-AD17-450E-AD6F-760489D9C07F (resized).jpegF9E26A7B-AD17-450E-AD6F-760489D9C07F (resized).jpeg
#1187 4 years ago

Keeping my Elvira pin topless.

#1188 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Keeping my Elvira pin topless.

No modesty topper?

#1189 4 years ago

Ok, let's see if we can try this again..we've taken on feedback and made some changes. We shrunk the large tombstone by half and broke up the three others into single tombstone. Each of the single tombstones replaces a ramp flasher and the big tombstone flashes white, tied to the house ramp skull flasher. I think this works much better.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210204117183_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210204117183_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20191210_204138 (resized).jpgIMG_20191210_204138 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191210203649307 (resized).jpg00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191210203649307 (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210203639623_COVER (resized).jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191210203639623_COVER (resized).jpg
#1190 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...any topper developed for this great game should be all about Elvira...she is and always has been the focal point here...perhaps inspiration should be taken from Byron Winton's work..."Creature Feature"...Elvira on her couch surrounded by all the classic and campy monsters we have grown to love...the suggestion of a graveyard topper is simply lame.[quoted image]

I love the idea of Elvira on the couch ... seems obvious. But I’ll reserve judgement until we see what Stern’s is going to do. It’s also possible that Stern went this route to avoid additional licensing costs with Cassandra.

Can anyone who snagged pics of what Dennis was going to do before Stern asked him to remove them comment on how similar the are and which looks better?

In any event, Stern doesn’t have the best track record with toppers lately (e.g. Star Wars and Munsters). Let’s hope whatever they do for Elvira gets released quickly and actually works/works reliably when installed on a game.

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ok, let's see if we can try this again..we've taken on feedback and made some changes. We shrunk the large tombstone by half and broke up the three others into single tombstone. Each of the single tombstones replaces a ramp flasher and the big tombstone flashes white, tied to the house ramp skull flasher. I think this works much better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think these look better. Have to think about using all of them or think about alternative locations (I’m not sure about using them on the ramps as they seem to distract from the film monsters).

Can you look into a replacement for the front of the crypt, even one without LEDs? I’d love to see a 3D replacement for the flat plastic.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think these look better. Have to think about using all of them or think about alternative locations (I’m not sure about using them on the ramps as they seem to distract from the film monsters).
Can you look into a replacement for the front of the crypt, even one without LEDs? I’d love to see a 3D replacement for the flat plastic.

Thanks. I have someone looking into the sign. I can’t put tombstones on the front two flashers because there’s no height due to the glass. This will likely be the final version.

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I agree these are better. I like them replacing the plain red flasher domes.

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Any topper for this great game should be all about Elvira. A graveyard topper is simply lame.

I don't want to believe the picture we've seen is the actual Stern topper for this game.

Quoted from J85M:

Sterns topper was teased a few days back. Elvira on her couch would certainly be better than Sterns planned topper.

Elvira on her couch or Elvira standing or Elvira just from the waist up - as long as Elvira is on the topper I want it.

Quoted from jfh:

I love the idea of Elvira on the couch. Let’s hope whatever they do for Elvira gets released quickly and actually works.

If the topper doesn't have Elvira in it, then I'm not interested at all.

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I refuse to believe the picture we've seen is the actual Stern topper for this game.

Umm, Stern billed it as a sneak peek on their web site. What in the world makes you think it isn’t the Stern topper?

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

What he said. I ended up making two cuts. One at the top behind the house, and one in the loop under the left ramp. Both are hidden by assemblies once everything is put back, and keeps from having to touch the house. I don't see how it would allow any other debris than normal, as the protectors have gaps all over the playfield around other objects. With the two cuts, you remove the two ramps, the slings, the flipper bats, and twist a couple of the flaps out of the way (remove one screw). I didn't even have to remove the right ramp entirely....just enough to slip the protector under it. There are a dozen or so connectors to remove underneath, but they are all pretty much keyed/color coded or labeled, so I didn't even take pictures.

I made the same two cuts .

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Much better!

#1199 4 years ago

Were are all the Mods at? When Munsters came out the Mod couple and Mezel Mods were on it!!!! Come on guys where are the good mods.
Magicchiz

#1200 4 years ago

Anyone having an issue with their shaker motor on the game? Ran coil test 7 and the shaker shakes but in game I never feel it go off. I apologize if this is already addressed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/24?hl=legui and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.