IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 363.
#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

JPloof is from Canada. Everything is white up there.

What are you talking about …..

152D52EB-59C1-49D6-8B56-FC2A473E6521 (resized).jpeg152D52EB-59C1-49D6-8B56-FC2A473E6521 (resized).jpeg
#12302 1 year ago

Got mine almost unplayed for $6300 when it first came out. So glad I snagged it then!

#12303 1 year ago

Curious how many have (or haven't) made the cut on this run....... or were fed up with Gary's greed and decided to drop out?

I'm waiting to hear if I made it or not. Was hoping it'd be quick for the distros to have their final lists, but I guess it takes time to call everyone. I mean, yes or no..... how long can it take?

If you are still in but didn't make the cut, are you going to hold on for a 2024 run?

#12304 1 year ago

In other Elvira owners forum news not related to people posting about whether or not they like the new prices on machines…. The Stern Insider Connected leaderboard for the next two weeks is Elvira.

#12305 1 year ago

In case anyone is looking for an game in this next run...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148114

#12306 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Curious how many have (or haven't) made the cut on this run....... or were fed up with Gary's greed and decided to drop out?
I'm waiting to hear if I made it or not. Was hoping it'd be quick for the distros to have their final lists, but I guess it takes time to call everyone. I mean, yes or no..... how long can it take?
If you are still in but didn't make the cut, are you going to hold on for a 2024 run?

Canceled my order. This keep-delaying-and-raise-the-price game that Stern is playing is a real slap in the face. I'm over it.

#12307 1 year ago

Well I was tired of waiting for an LE so I bought the 40th and had it delivered on 12/31/2021. What a great game! It's going to be sitting idle for now while I play my Alien LV which just arrived yesterday. That completes my current retirement lineup: Elvira HoH 40th, Halloween CE Butter and Alien LV. I'll be placing the Alien LV in it's permanent home after burn-in and tweaking.

Pinball Lineup (resized).jpgPinball Lineup (resized).jpg
#12308 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Well I was tired of waiting for an LE so I bought the 40th and had it delivered on 12/31/2021. What a great game! It's going to be sitting idle for now while I play my Alien LV which just arrived yesterday. That completes my current retirement lineup: Elvira HoH 40th, Halloween CE Butter and Alien LV. I'll be placing the Alien LV in it's permanent home after burn-in and tweaking.
[quoted image]

Almost complete - you still need a TFTC. Awesome game room!

#12309 1 year ago

I like your festive terminator!

#12310 1 year ago

Wow congrats that is such a great trio to get. Those same 3 are my current favourites - they couldn't be more different to play, and are all totally amazing games.

#12311 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Almost complete - you still need a TFTC. Awesome game room!

And MB! Maybe GZ?

#12312 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I love the Halloween III masks next to the Creepshow crate monster. The Crate is a great little monster story. Poor Charlie Gereson.

#12313 1 year ago

Well I was tired of waiting for an LE so I bought the 40th and had it delivered on 12/31/2021. What a great game! It's going to be sitting idle for now while I play my Alien LV which just arrived yesterday. That completes my current retirement lineup: Elvira HoH 40th, Halloween CE Butter and Alien LV. I'll be placing the Alien LV in its permanent home after burn-in and tweaking.

Awesome! Don’t see too many with the game room and pin themes as well integrated.

#12314 1 year ago

[quoted image]

My kind of lineup

#12315 1 year ago

Does anyone know how to view the leaderboards? Stern announced Elvira was up but after logging in on IC….I see button’. Do you view it on your game or the Stern IC site?

#12316 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Does anyone know how to view the leaderboards? Stern announced Elvira was up but after logging in on IC….I see button’. Do you view it on your game or the Stern IC site?[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It’s on the IC website. Log in and then on the home screen click on Stern Events. Then there will be a link for Elvira Leaderboards. Then on the next screen will be links to view 2 leaderboards. One for verified locations and one for non-verified/home locations.

#12317 1 year ago

Geez! You have to dig for it. I haven’t made it far into the game but got a couple nice multi balls going and racked up the points.

#12318 1 year ago

It’s official I have a game in the next run of EHOH. It will be over a 2 year wait but I believe it was worth it !!!!! Can’t wait to join the club

#12319 1 year ago

Does anyone have one of those triangular EHOH plastic inserts leftover after you installed Insider Connected on your apron, you're willing to part with?

#12320 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Does anyone have one of those triangular EHOH plastic inserts leftover after you installed Insider Connected on your apron, you're willing to part with?

I was wondering about this myself, for the new EHOH games with insider connect if you are relocating it to the coin door what do you do to plug the hole on the apron?

#12321 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was wondering about this myself, for the new EHOH games with insider connect if you are relocating it to the coin door what do you do to plug the hole on the apron?

Maybe one of the Wizard Mods magnetic apron graphic covers? They have ones that are solid over the window areas.

#12322 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Add the apron LCD screen mod! It’s awesome and shows clips of the movies featured in the game on a loop. Nice apron option if you relocate insider connect.

0694EDD9-70AC-4D3B-B480-9BC3DC9E9A66 (resized).jpeg0694EDD9-70AC-4D3B-B480-9BC3DC9E9A66 (resized).jpeg
#12323 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Add the apron LCD screen mod! It’s awesome and shows clips of the movies featured in the game on a loop. Nice apron option if you relocate insider connect.
[quoted image]

Highly recommend docquest mods. Not much more than those magnetic apron mods, easy install, and CLEAN build. It looks factory. You can order just the right side if you want

#12324 1 year ago

The million dollar question is what type of apron will Stern use on the new Elvira run.

Will they use the same apron that they used on the 40th with the IC scanner mounted on plastic plate within larger triangular cutout on the left side of the apron. In that case you could install my video mode on either side or both sides.

Or will they move to the current apron style used on all the recent premium and LE games (Bond, Rush, Godzilla) with the IC scanner mounted in a smaller rectangular cutout on the right side of the apron. In that case your only option would be a single screen mounted on the left.

Guess well just have to wait until thebfirst games come out of this run and see which direction they decided to go.

#12325 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The million dollar question is what type of apron will Stern use on the new Elvira run.
Will they use the same apron that they used on the 40th with the IC scanner mounted on plastic plate within larger triangular cutout on the left side of the apron. In that case you could install my video mode on either side or both sides.
Or will they move to the current apron style used on all the recent premium and LE games (Bond, Rush, Godzilla) with the IC scanner mounted in a smaller rectangular cutout on the right side of the apron. In that case your only option would be a single screen mounted on the left.
Guess well just have to wait until thebfirst games come out of this run and see which direction they decided to go.

I should be on this next run. If you are still offering the screen mods, I would love to get one once we know what style Stern is using.

#12326 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

In September of 2022 I picked up a really nice EHOH premium and it had your video mod already installed on both sides of the apron. This is an absolutely great mod as it captures the mood of the game perfectly

Gord

#12327 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

If the IC scanner is removed, does the video screen mod fit in that newer, smaller rectangular cutout?

#12328 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If the IC scanner is removed, does the video screen mod fit in that newer, smaller rectangular cutout?

Great question. I was told that the new EHOH run will not have the old triangular cutouts on both sides of the apron, that the 2019 run had. Just the left side, so my guess is docquest's mod won't fit on the right side with the square cutout. I hope I'm wrong. I want it for both sides. Insider Connected is not desired by everyone.

#12329 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Great question. I was told that the new EHOH run will not have the old triangular cutouts on both sides of the apron, that the 2019 run had. Just the left side, so my guess is docquest's mod won't fit on the right side with the square cutout. I hope I'm wrong. I want it for both sides. Insider Connected is not desired by everyone.

Insider Connected also fits in the coin door.

#12330 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Quoted from javagrind888:

That's where I mounted my scanner. Keep the apron available for docquest mod

Gotfrogs sells the coindoor kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

15ee77b05720e0ed3be2947a3083ce11633aaa37 (resized).jpg15ee77b05720e0ed3be2947a3083ce11633aaa37 (resized).jpg4be4ca1954e9f63a7c4a47d61084f4a66aabbe4c (resized).jpg4be4ca1954e9f63a7c4a47d61084f4a66aabbe4c (resized).jpgaffd0e3d11ddfa304e2ff7e2a50e163cd32660d9 (resized).jpgaffd0e3d11ddfa304e2ff7e2a50e163cd32660d9 (resized).jpg
#12331 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Unfortunately not the current screen, its to big. Since the IC scanner hole is portrait orientation, You would need a much smaller screen fit in the window if you wanted it be be orientated normally.

You could put a portiat oriented screen in there but you video footage would be heavily cropped left and right sides or very distorted to fit into that vertical aspect ratio.

I might do something like a slide show of still images of all the various movie posters with cropped video snippets in-between the posters.

#12332 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

That's where I mounted my scanner. Keep the apron available for docquest mod
Gotfrogs sells the coindoor kit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love that idea, but at the end of the day, Stern does not provide aprons with triangle cutouts on both sides anymore. The left hasn't changed but the right is now a square cutout specifically made for Insider Connected, so docquest's mod will not work there anymore. Additionally if you move your Insider Connected to the coin door, you still have an ugly nothing burger cutout on the right side of your apron. For people like me that don't want/use Insider Connected, it's a bummer either way you slice it. Oh well life goes on.

#12333 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

For people like me that don't want/use Insider Connected, it's a bummer either way you slice it. Oh well life goes on.

Creative cats in this community will find a way to make a replacement plastic for these areas in the spirit of the original.

#12334 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

That’s basically what I was wondering - I moved mine to the coin door in my GZ. It’s just a question of whether or not the mod might physically fit in that spot

Edit: Nevermind, saw Brian’s response. Well I’m sure there is a solution. I’d much rather have that mod there than the stupid IC thing lol

#12335 1 year ago

I'm still a new owner since November. Even though I've had a couple of good games and think you've seen a majority of the game but I know I've only scratched the surface. There's really a lot to do. I'm discovering new things all the time on the game that are hilarious like Pool Party and Phone a friend. The double entendre's never get old especially alluding to the skill shot and "back door" jokes. The funny use of old footage is awesome also. Making shots and hearing the corny call outs (but funny) from the movies like hearing "Where's Debby", "Have you seen Debby?", "Lets go look for Debby". It still cracks me up making a shot in "Drive me Crazy" and seeing the cars crashing off the road while the Stiff shouting out something about "Driving me batshit crazy!" Its refreshing to hear a game that has humor which isn't sterile or sanitized. DennisNordman and team (RIP Lyman) did such a great job on this one. Lastly we know this already but Cassandra still looks f'ing amazing at 71 and knocks it out of the park with this game.

Anyone still not sure if the game is worth the 2023 increase and on the fence, I would say go for it. You can get it used like me for a tad more or get it next year NIB.

#12336 1 year ago

Maybe I dreaming this up, maybe I heard it elsewhere and I'm mistaken, I am getting old and I'm easily distracted. But, did i hear my HOH give me a callout that said something about "you look like a monkey trying to fuck a greased football"?!?! I know I heard it drop the F bomb.

#12337 1 year ago

I can’t remember the exact line but the drill sergeant-esque deadhead says something like “you are nuttier than a fucking left handed football”

#12338 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I can’t remember the exact line but the drill sergeant-esque deadhead says something like “you are nuttier than a fucking left handed football”

Yes! It was definitely from the drill sergeant! Memory is coming back now. I swear I heard "monkey fucking a greased football " though

#12339 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:Yes! It was definitely from the drill sergeant! Memory is coming back now. I swear I heard "monkey fucking a greased football " though

Days of Thunder (1990)

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#12340 1 year ago

So, I've tried everything everyone has suggested to get my vuk to behave. There's no fixing it. It's sporadic as hell no matter what I do. It's very frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Really detracts from my enjoying the game. Does anyone know if Stern sells a better or updated mech? I'll try or buy anything at this point.

#12341 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I've tried everything everyone has suggested to get my vuk to behave. There's no fixing it. It's sporadic as hell no matter what I do. It's very frustrating and disappointing to say the least. Really detracts from my enjoying the game. Does anyone know if Stern sells a better or updated mech? I'll try or buy anything at this point.

I had the same issue and upon further inspection I found that a previous owner/or the factory has already repositioned the VUK assembly. This was confirmed based upon the holes under the playfield as I could see that the VUK had been repositioned. However I was still having inconsistency issues.

The next thing that I did was use a dremel carving bit to slightly cup (concave the end) the end of the plastic plunger in the VUK as shown in this YouTube video.

I used the following dremel carving bit to slightly hollow out (concave) the end of the plastic plunger.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/power-tool-accessories/multitool-accessories/2375780

This fix helped a bit, but the VUK was still behaving inconsistently and not hitting the 3-bank of targets every time. On the YouTube video around the 4:30 mark you see the VUK being reassembled. At this point you need to adjust the VUK assembly by bending it up or down slightly and then test it and keep adjusting it until it works consistently by hitting the 3-bank of targets.

This is what I did and now my VUK works perfectly and always hits the 3-bank of targets for the trunk just like in the video. I think the prudent move would be to adjust the VUK first by slightly bending it up or down and then testing and adjusting as needed. If you still have an issue after that then you may want to try the dremel method on the plunger tip.

Gord

#12342 1 year ago

Well, I'm in on the new run of EHoH. I had been on a list with my distro for over a year, but was told I did not make the cut as they were only allotted 6 machines. I somehow ended up finding a spot available from a smaller distro that a friend of mine uses.

Yes, the price is insane. It makes me uncomfortable and I wouldn't do it for most games out there, but I have been wanting this game since it came out. When it was new, I had too many irons in the fire. I figured I had plenty of time and, ya now, maybe I'd even get to PLAY the game somewhere first? We all know how well that worked out. I'm a big Elvira and B-movie fan, and it's likely just now or never on this game. I haven't exactly found any 2nd hand ones near me for less $ over the last 2 years.

#12343 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Well, I'm in on the new run of EHoH. I had been on a list with my distro for over a year, but was told I did not make the cut as they were only allotted 6 machines. I somehow ended up finding a spot available from a smaller distro that a friend of mine uses.
Yes, the price is insane. It makes me uncomfortable and I wouldn't do it for most games out there, but I have have been wanting this game since it came out. When it was new, I had too many irons in the fire. I figured I had plenty of time and, ya now, maybe I'd even get to PLAY the game somewhere first? We all now how well that worked out. I'm a big Elvira and B-movie fan, and it's likely just now or never on this game. I haven't exactly found any 2nd hand ones near me for less $ over the last 2 years.

If you are a fan of Elvira and B horror movies this machine will be your grail pin. I absolutely love this pin.

Gord

#12344 1 year ago

I had the same problem - the eject could end up anywhere. What worked for me is dropping the VUK power to 170 (I can’t remember the factory standard) in feature adjustment #267 and now it is just about perfect with just the odd miss. For the 2 mins it takes, might be worth a try.

#12345 1 year ago

I've had a lot of PM's inquiring about my apron video mod for Elvira. Although they are out of stock for now I will make more once I can get the screens again. The manufacture of them has indicated springtime for their next run. But if I can find a suitable replacment sooner than that I will let people know.

#12346 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I had the same issue and upon further inspection I found that a previous owner/or the factory has already repositioned the VUK assembly. This was confirmed based upon the holes under the playfield as I could see that the VUK had been repositioned. However I was still having inconsistency issues.
The next thing that I did was use a dremel carving bit to slightly cup (concave the end) the end of the plastic plunger in the VUK as shown in this YouTube video.

I used the following dremel carving bit to slightly hollow out (concave) the end of the plastic plunger.
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/tools/power-tool-accessories/multitool-accessories/2375780
This fix helped a bit, but the VUK was still behaving inconsistently and not hitting the 3-bank of targets every time. On the YouTube video around the 4:30 mark you see the VUK being reassembled. At this point you need to adjust the VUK assembly by bending it up or down slightly and then test it and keep adjusting it until it works consistently by hitting the 3-bank of targets.
This is what I did and now my VUK works perfectly and always hits the 3-bank of targets for the trunk just like in the video. I think the prudent move would be to adjust the VUK first by slightly bending it up or down and then testing and adjusting as needed. If you still have an issue after that then you may want to try the dremel method on the plunger tip.
Gord

Quoted from Jokerman:

I had the same problem - the eject could end up anywhere. What worked for me is dropping the VUK power to 170 (I can’t remember the factory standard) in feature adjustment #267 and now it is just about perfect with just the odd miss. For the 2 mins it takes, might be worth a try.

Thanks everyone! I have finally solved the issues. Yes, issues, plural. So, the previous owner had done the Stern relocation fix, but, the subway was apparently still off center and bumping the ball. I fixed the subway position, and even widened the opening with a heat gun. That alone didn't fix it. I cupped the plunger, still didn't fix it. Tried all different angles on the scoop hood, tape fix, vuk power, etc... You name it, I tried it. Turns out, after fixing the subway issues, the stern "relocation" fix was actually putting the plunger off center. So, I put the plunger back in its original holes, and BOOM! FIXED! I believe the previous owner did the Stern fix unnecessarily. The subway was the issue all along.

#12347 1 year ago

Thanks everyone! I have finally solved the issues. Yes, issues, plural. So, the previous owner had done the Stern relocation fix, but, the subway was apparently still off center and bumping the ball. I fixed the subway position, and even widened the opening with a heat gun. That alone didn't fix it. I cupped the plunger, still didn't fix it. Tried all different angles on the scoop hood, tape fix, vuk power, etc... You name it, I tried it. Turns out, after fixing the subway issues, the stern "relocation" fix was actually putting the plunger off center. So, I put the plunger back in its original holes, and BOOM! FIXED! I believe the previous owner did the Stern fix unnecessarily. The subway was the issue all along.

I must have scrolled past, which part is the "Subway Fix"?

#12348 1 year ago

Started having 2 issues: Deadheads mode won't start. No matter how many times I hit the crypt the door just goes up then down but the mode never starts. Second issue when starting a house mode, the ball goes right through the house and back into play without being held until Elvira's monologue ends. Any tips greatly appreciated!

#12349 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I must have scrolled past, which part is the "Subway Fix"?

I borrowed these pics from another Pinsider who reached out to me to help. My subway was off center like the pictures show. The previous owner did the Stern mech fix, but didn't move the subway. Once I moved the subway, and put the mech back in its original location, I'm 100% fixed. Hope these help.

Screenshot_20221223_180632_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221223_180632_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221223_180636_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221223_180636_Brave (resized).jpg

#12350 1 year ago

I borrowed these pics from another Pinsider who reached out to me to help. My subway was off center like the pictures show. The previous owner did the Stern mech fix, but didn't move the subway. Once I moved the subway, and put the mech back in its original location, I'm 100% fixed. Hope these help.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh, I hadn't seen that one before. I'll have to check mine! Thanks!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.