IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 363.
#12151 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

You can skip most events, but not the feed trex event. Unless they've changed it in the last code update. I believe I'm still running 1.05.

lol, not to get off track too much on Elvira but you can cut the feed t-rex intro a bit short also if you double flip as soon as the dino roars with the green background on screen. When you do that the animations stop and the callout of "T-Rex Multiball" doesn't happen. Granted it's not cut short by as much as the others, but it's a second or two shorter. Been that way for awhile.

#12152 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

That depends upon how many seconds you have setup for the topper scream lockout setting which is the following adjustment in the diagnostic menu.
Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout
Mine was set to something like 240 or so when I purchased my EHOH premium. This means that the topper is only eligible to open up and scream every 4 minutes during a game. If you get 2 multiballs within 4 minutes the topper will only open and scream for the first multiball. This can happen if you get a Wild Women multiball and then when it ends you get a Junk in the Trunk multiball or an Attic Attack multiball or some other multiball still within the 4 minute window.
If you set the Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout setting to '0' then the topper will open up and scream for every multiball. I just tested this with the glass off and started a second multiball within seconds of the first one ending and then a third multiball after that and the topper opened for all 3 multiballs and screamed. When in attract mode the topper is eligible to be activated every 3 minutes if you press either the left or right flipper button. If you press the either flipper button before the 3 minutes has elapsed the topper will not open.
I know that many posters have had issues with the topper consistently opening fully during the scream and if that is the case you may want to read the following key post in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096
Since installing a coil sleeve in my topper I have not had one faulty opening in 300+ openings and counting. It has fixed the topper opening inconsistency issue 100 percent.
Gord

Update—went into the diagnostics for the topper and when you select open, it pops up a small amount but then closes immediately. The game says the topper is “open” and it’s not. When you click close again it pops briefly and then says it’s closed. So it could be a faulty mechanism. I’ll check that thread out, but honestly as expensive as this thing is it really should be plug and play.

#12153 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Update—went into the diagnostics for the topper and when you select open, it pops up a small amount but then closes immediately. The game says the topper is “open” and it’s not. When you click close again it pops briefly and then says it’s closed. So it could be a faulty mechanism. I’ll check that thread out, but honestly as expensive as this thing is it really should be plug and play.

Seems like a lot of people had problems with the topper opening correctly.
You'd think they were all tested before leaving the factory, guess not.

Was yours from 20-21 or that run here in 22?

#12154 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

There's a link to a post with a potential fix in the topic index for this thread. It's under TECH:TOPPER. If you set the index to sort by title, it puts them all in order.

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a link to a post with a potential fix in the topic index for this thread. It's under TECH:TOPPER. If you set the index to sort by title, it puts them all in order.

Quoted from tdawgmd:

Here is the fix. This 100 percent fixed the topper opening problem for me as it opens perfectly every time now whether during game play or testing it from the diagnostics menu. I have had a few hundred topper openings since this was applied to my machine and not one failure as it opens fully each and every time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096

Gord

#12156 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here is the fix. This 100 percent fixed the topper opening problem for me as it opens perfectly every time now whether during game play or testing it from the diagnostics menu. I have had a few hundred topper openings since this was applied to my machine and not one failure as it opens fully each and every time.
Gord

Did you ultimately determine the dremmel wasn’t needed and just the coil sleeve would have fixed it?

#12157 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Did you ultimately determine the dremmel wasn’t needed and just the coil sleeve would have fixed it?

I don't have any way to determine that as I used the dremel tool prior to adding a coil sleeve. However, since the dremel tool did not fix the issue by itself and then adding the coil sleeve fixed it 100 percent I would recommend only adding the coil sleeve to see if that fixes the inconsistent topper openings by itself.

I strongly suspect that adding the coil sleeve by itself without using the dremel tool will fix the issue. If for some reason it does not you can always use the dremel tool later to widen the channel on the topper.

Gord

#12158 1 year ago

If anyone wants my Medisinyl mods (no longer in production), new in box, send me a PM. Not looking to make a profit, just want back what I paid for.

Includes:
The mechanical casket with "Elvira Mistress of the Dark" scribed on top
V2 Gargoyle VUK cover
Gonk's Dog House
The matching grass pieces for the front flashers.

Edit: SOLD. Thanks all for your interest

#12159 1 year ago

Stern better release some EHOH news and pricing...... Scooby is gonna take that cash.

#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Stern better release some EHOH news and pricing...... Scooby is gonna take that cash.

With the number of people still waiting, plus the added speculators, I doubt Scooby would impact Elvira sales.

#12161 1 year ago
Quoted from doghouse:

An update and FYI to others that may have this issue: My genius pinball-tech brother wisefwumyogwave came over last night and found the problem in 5 minutes and easily fixed it. The spring on the up-post below the left ramp had escaped the c-clip that pushes the post upwards when the coil engages, and by simply reseating the spring again below the c-clip he fixed the problem. The post goes up and holds the ball for a moment when the ball goes into the space behind the drop target. In that moment the ball makes an opto which registers as a lock. Pre-fix the post wasn't going up high enough to stop the ball, and the ball was never hitting the opto which registered the lock.

Thank you Doghouse. I have the same problem as you had. Next week my new pair of magnetic screwdrivers will be there to start fixing the problem. Well, I need to remove the house first I guess?

#12162 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I believe it initially sold poorly. Players weren't too thrilled by the layout being as it's essentially a Medieval Madness style fan layout. It released just before the pandemic, so people weren't able to go and try it themselves. The demand for new games was certainly lower in 2019 versus now. And for collectors, it is a more niche theme. The code was somewhat bare when it first came out and Stern has said that the game is difficult to manufacture and surprising expensive to make.

Yes, code was bare at the beginning and I didn't think it looked good either.

I really enjoy diving further into the haunts as opposed to just finishing them off quickly. While a few haunts are shorter, some are quite long too. More shots = more points and a bigger trailer trash value!

The garage multiballs got a bit better, but I still feel like there's just something missing with them. For example, once you make the super jackpot shot on Wild Women, there really isn't anything else to do. You cannot relight the center super jackpot and the subsequent 'super' jackpots aren't really super in value.

Finally, Gappa Angry is one of the best wizard modes ever!

Rob

#12163 1 year ago

Does anyone know the overall height of an EHOH setup with the topper installed? I have slightly low ceilings in my basement and I'm picking up a game this weekend that has the topper. Thanks in advance!!

Phillip

#12164 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

More shots = more points and a bigger trailer trash value!

Did you say trailer trash?

077E0D91-6D86-40B4-A184-8CB6539C5126 (resized).jpeg077E0D91-6D86-40B4-A184-8CB6539C5126 (resized).jpeg
#12165 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Does anyone know the overall height of an EHOH setup with the topper installed? I have slightly low ceilings in my basement and I'm picking up a game this weekend that has the topper. Thanks in advance!!
Phillip

About 84".

I sympathize as I have low ceilings as well but Elvira with topper just fits in my case.

My Rick and Morty however didnt and I had to remove that topper when I had it.

#12166 1 year ago

Docquest is correct. About 84” for mine too. I was curious myself. Mine fits with about 1 inch clearance.

#12167 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Did you say trailer trash?
[quoted image]

I don't think I've even been remotely close to that kind of monster trailer trash score, good job!

Rob

#12168 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

About 84".
I sympathize as I have low ceilings as well but Elvira with topper just fits in my case.
My Rick and Morty however didnt and I had to remove that topper when I had it.

Quoted from Pinkitten:

Docquest is correct. About 84” for mine too. I was curious myself. Mine fits with about 1 inch clearance.

Thank you both. It appears I have 84.5"

#12169 1 year ago

Another little piece of information needed please. The game I'm getting has the Medisynal mods set on it already. But. I've also seen a nice cover for the left ramp ball lock. Apparently that isn't Medisynal?? Who makes it, and is it still available? I don't see it for sale anywhere. Maybe I'm imaging I saw one??

Thanks in advance

#12170 1 year ago

Another little piece of information needed please. The game I'm getting has the Medisynal mods set on it already. But. I've also seen a nice cover for the left ramp ball lock. Apparently that isn't Medisynal?? Who makes it, and is it still available? I don't see it for sale anywhere.
Thanks in advance

This?

87A2527C-59F2-4AD1-A13A-58583F9E5DCE (resized).png87A2527C-59F2-4AD1-A13A-58583F9E5DCE (resized).png
#12171 1 year ago

That's not what I have stuck in my mind, but that's pretty neat! Is that available anywhere? The one I think I've seen was more like the coffin on the right side by Medisynal

#12172 1 year ago

That's not what I have stuck in my mind, but that's pretty neat! Is that available anywhere? The one I think I've seen was more like the coffin on the right side by Medisynal

Here is a video of it it’s very well made and has some random modes that are cool

Edit: link to thread with info on mod..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate

#12173 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is a video of it it’s very well made and has some random modes that are cool

Yeah, that's pretty cool!! Where can I find that for sale?

#12174 1 year ago

Don't really get why this game is so hard to produce apparently? Is there some really unique mechs on it or something that need to be made?

#12175 1 year ago

Yeah, that's pretty cool!! Where can I find that for sale?

Pinsider Vimtoman is the man for this mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tq=&tu=vimtoman

Gord

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12176 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Don't really get why this game is so hard to produce apparently? Is there some really unique mechs on it or something that need to be made?

Yeah, I'm not sure why either. On the surface it looks fairly simple but maybe the house is more to make than it appears. There's 3 physical ball locks also.

#12178 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yeah, I'm not sure why either. On the surface it looks fairly simple but maybe the house is more to make than it appears. There's 3 physical ball locks also.

Yeah, when you take the house off there’s way more to it than you would think. I’ve heard Stern doesn’t like to produce Elvira because it’s so much more labor intensive than other games but that seems like an excuse. Not like it takes 50% more time than any other game and most of the hard stuff are subassemblies.

I just wish Stern would give those with open orders a better idea of when/if to expect them. Seems like every time a schedule is published Elvira moves out a couple months.

#12179 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I count 5 places to lock balls:

Garage can hold 3 balls
Trunk can hold 2 balls
House cellar can hold 1 ball
House first floor can hold 1 ball
Crypt VUK can hold 1 ball

All those areas are used to great effect with the Gappa Angry mode.

#12180 1 year ago

On another note, assuming my game purchase doesn't fall through, I'll be selling a NIB topper if anyone wants one. I just want what I paid for it back, no profit. $1100 plus shipping. I bought one in anticipation of owning the machine, turns out the machine I'm getting already has one.....lol

PM me if interested. Otherwise I'll post it for sale once I have my machine in hand.

#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not like it takes 50% more time than any other game and most of the hard stuff are subassemblies.

I can verify that it took me twice as long to install the playfield protector than other Stern games (except Stranger Things - that one is hard too).

#12182 1 year ago

I get phantom back door hits and scores. Has anyone had this issue? What is the best fix? Do I have to take the house off?

#12183 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:I get phantom back door hits and scores. Has anyone had this issue? What is the best fix? Do I have to take the house off?

Give us some more detail; could be several things going on there. Does it happen randomly or only when the ball is in the general area?

#12184 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Give us some more detail; could be several things going on there. Does it happen randomly or only when the ball is in the general area?

It happens randomly. It does not need a ball back there.

#12185 1 year ago

Finally remembered to go after the December achievement on SCCTM. Now just need to remember to go after it on Christmas.

118DBD37-18D9-4F82-B647-49183C7824F3 (resized).jpeg118DBD37-18D9-4F82-B647-49183C7824F3 (resized).jpeg
#12186 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Finally remembered to go after the December achievement on SCCTM. Now just need to remember to go after it on Christmas.
[quoted image]

Don't forget Christmas day!

#12187 1 year ago

Just picked up my premium today! Beautiful 1 owner. I have her home and set up and I only see 1 issue. Has anyone else had trouble with the scoop on the right hand side ejecting the ball straight across and down the left drain? This one has done it 3x in a row. I'm sure I can figure something out, but wondering if anyone else has encountered it. Thanks!!

#12188 1 year ago

Just picked up my premium today! Beautiful 1 owner. I have her home and set up and I only see 1 issue. Has anyone else had trouble with the scoop on the right hand side ejecting the ball straight across and down the left drain? This one has done it 3x in a row. I'm sure I can figure something out, but wondering if anyone else has encountered it. Thanks!!

Might be able to bend the top of the eject, otherwise you’ll need to reposition the scoop eject from under the pf.

Ball should never even get close to the outline. Should ideally hit center of targets. Playing with eject power in the service menu might help.

#12189 1 year ago

Short term: you can adjust the strength of the VUK in the game settings. There should also be a 2 second ball save whenever the VUK ejects the ball.
Long term: There are several adjustments folks have made to the VUK in this thread including an official Stern fix.

#12190 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Might be able to bend the top of the eject, otherwise you’ll need to reposition the scoop eject from under the pf.
Ball should never even get close to the outline. Should ideally hit center of targets. Playing with eject power in the service menu might help.

Quoted from SKWilson:

Short term: you can adjust the strength of the VUK in the game settings. There should also be a 2 second ball save whenever the VUK ejects the ball.
Long term: There are several adjustments folks have made to the VUK in this thread including an official Stern fix.

Thank you both! If there's an official Stern fix, that tells me there's definitely a pattern here. I'm pretty handy service wise. I'll have a quick look order the playfield and see what's what. So, ideally, the ball should hit the "24" target on the left side?

#12191 1 year ago

Thank you both! If there's an official Stern fix, that tells me there's definitely a pattern here. I'm pretty handy service wise. I'll have a quick look order the playfield and see what's what. So, ideally, the ball should hit the "24" target on the left side?

Yep ideally it should hit the 36-24-36 targets.

#12192 1 year ago

Yep, it should hit the stand up target bank under the trunk. I had to reposition mine when it arrived. Problem solved. Many people swear by the bending hood method, just be careful trying it. If that doesn’t work, there are discussions and pics showing where to reposition the VUK mech. But I would try tweaking the VUK kickout power, or bending the hood first.

Good luck!

#12193 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I would not advise bending anything. It's a common issue where the VUK bracket may need to be re-mounted. Read the key posts listed on the first page: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club

Rob

#12194 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would not advise bending anything. It's a common issue where the VUK bracket may need to be re-mounted. Read the key posts listed on the first page: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club
Rob

If I remember right from the one I had, the VUK on Elvira for that isn't welded to the sides, so the flap that guides the ball can bend up over time from ball action, pretty much REQUIRING that you bend it back down a little so it's back where it started when it was NIB. Do the Stern fix first to reposition the VUK, but if that's been done, then power adjustment and/or bending the VUK flap down a bit are all that's left.

#12195 1 year ago

Thank you everyone!! It's always nice when people help each other out on here. I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't do any repositioning. I'll start with that this evening after work

#12196 1 year ago

Thank you everyone!! It's always nice when people help each other out on here. I'm pretty sure the previous owner didn't do any repositioning. I'll start with that this evening after work

Might also depend on build date. Mine was May 2021 and it didn't need repositioning. If yours is from an earlier run then it might need repositioning.

#12197 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Might also depend on build date. Mine was May 2021 and it didn't need repositioning. If yours is from an earlier run then it might need repositioning.

Yes indeed. 2019 build date on mine

#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If I remember right from the one I had, the VUK on Elvira for that isn't welded to the sides, so the flap that guides the ball can bend up over time from ball action, pretty much REQUIRING that you bend it back down a little so it's back where it started when it was NIB. Do the Stern fix first to reposition the VUK, but if that's been done, then power adjustment and/or bending the VUK flap down a bit are all that's left.

That is my experience as well, the mech is very cheaply made and even after doing every possible fix it will still gradually bend out of alignment and require it to be bent back down.

#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from John_Revelator:

Thank you Doghouse. I have the same problem as you had. Next week my new pair of magnetic screwdrivers will be there to start fixing the problem. Well, I need to remove the house first I guess?

Nope, you can access everything from below the playfield.

#12200 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Don't really get why this game is so hard to produce apparently?

Wait for some is over!
Received confirm today Elvira is finally happening Q1 Feb/March.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.