IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 363.
#12101 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

I kind of feel the same way about directors cut, Gappa is definitely the peak excitement from what I’ve seen so far.

#12102 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I kind of feel the same way about directors cut, Gappa is definitely the peak excitement from what I’ve seen so far.

Gappa is the best mode in all of pinball!! Really gets me into the moment. Monster zero is close on GZ , but just not the same.

#12103 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

Lyman only really roughed it in. There's tons planned but not implemented in this game. Just a crap deal all around with him no longer being with us.

#12104 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gappa is the best mode in all of pinball!! Really gets me into the moment. Monster zero is close on GZ , but just not the same.

I love Gappa Angry. It's awesome! But my favorite mode in the game is actually They Came From Space!

#12105 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Unfortunately, there is not as much fanfare to go along with selling the house as there should be, but it can be worth a decent amount of points.

Thankfully it seems like everything else in the game is great leading up to it.

#12106 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lyman only really roughed it in. There's tons planned but not implemented in this game. Just a crap deal all around with him no longer being with us.

Agreed. EHoH is such a cool game partly for that reason, that it shines despite having room for plenty more. I really wanted a Beast Booster mode, where you could rip the spinner to steadily build power for a special weapon to use to defeat any single deadhead or creature mode. Something like that. Kinda like charging the electrodes or whatever in Munsters (I don’t know that game well). I’m not sure how Lyman having moved over to CGC would have affected EHoH. But I’m still hoping they issue a final update with some additional code. But either way, Lyman gave us pinheads a lot to be thankful for.

#12107 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wish Stern had put some resources on finishing up/balancing a few things in the game. But, Insider Connected got in the way.......

Rob

#12108 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

. I really wanted a Beast Booster mode, where you could rip the spinner to steadily build power for a special weapon to use to defeat any single deadhead or creature mode.

You can rip the spinner at the end of Teenagers from Outerspace to crank up the jackpot.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I wish Stern had put some resources on finishing up/balancing a few things in the game. But, Insider Connected got in the way.......
Rob

What balancing do you think the game needs?

I find it to be one of the most balanced games Stern has put out recently, but maybe I'm missing something.

#12109 1 year ago

I've ran out of patience waiting on my machine. I've listed Medisinyl set with a 3-D roof in the marketplace. Looking for a topper trade with cash added on my end.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/147182

#12110 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

You can rip the spinner at the end of Teenagers from Outerspace to crank up the jackpot.

What balancing do you think the game needs?
I find it to be one of the most balanced games Stern has put out recently, but maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe make house party the mini after 2 rooms and Gappa can’t qualify without 4 rooms entered to space out the regular modes better.

#12111 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Maybe make house party the mini after 2 rooms and Gappa can’t qualify without 4 rooms entered to space out the regular modes better.

The deadhead crypt could use some love in the code IMO. Its a neat bash toy but there isn't a lot going on there. Qualifying a deadhead frenzy mode or some other kind of min-wizard mode there would be nice. Otherwise there just aren't many points there for a somewhat dangerous shot... just the extra ball at two completed heads.

#12112 1 year ago
Quoted from bwill:

The deadhead crypt could use some love in the code IMO. Its a neat bash toy but there isn't a lot going on there. Qualifying a deadhead frenzy mode or some other kind of min-wizard mode there would be nice. Otherwise there just aren't many points there for a somewhat dangerous shot... just the extra ball at two completed heads.

backhand all day, it's not dangerous that way!

#12113 1 year ago
Quoted from bwill:

The outlane ball save after each dead head completion and extra ball after completing two are quite good rewards IMO as I don't find the shot to be very risky.

You can also use the crypt to help with your left target completion too as it gives you a little ball save. This helps work towards multiballs and playfield multipliers.

#12114 1 year ago

The outlane ball save after each dead head completion and extra ball after completing two are quite good rewards IMO as I don't find the shot to be very risky.
You can also use the crypt to help with your left target completion too as it gives you a little ball save. This helps work towards multiballs and playfield multipliers.

I don't think there's really any reward for beating them all, is there? The heads could still be a bit less intrusive during certain video sequences.

Rob

#12115 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think there's really any reward for beating them all, is there? The heads could still be a bit less intrusive during certain video sequences.
Rob

Nothing outside of the previously mentioned awards. It is required to sell the house though. So late game it does have some kind of value.

#12116 1 year ago

Selling my EHOH NECA box. Bought it with the idea of using the Elvira figure in my Scared Stiff, but decided it really doesn't fit. I opened the box to take a peek, but nothing was ever removed. Shirt size is XL. Asking $65.00 shipped (PayPal F&F).

IMG_2944 (resized).jpgIMG_2944 (resized).jpgIMG_2945 (resized).jpgIMG_2945 (resized).jpg
#12117 1 year ago

What do people think the odds are of them building more in Feb?

Do people believe it will happen?

I knew back in June it was moved to Q1 '23, but Todd Tuckey said in one of his videos in Oct/Nov that the rumor was Stern wouldn't be able to build any more "for a long time". A long time to me is a year, and Todd is a really great and honest guy. Four months isn't a long time when Stern maybe builds something once a year (maybe)..... so when we lost the scheduled Nov '22 run, "a long time" from then is Q4 '23.

I'm gonna guess and say if Bond sells well, EHOH is bumped to Q4. If Bond sells poorly (and that could very well happen) then there's a small spot for EHOH. I wonder if it will be a "last call" run?

#12118 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

What do people think the odds are of them building more in Feb?
Do people believe it will happen?
I knew back in June it was moved to Q1 '23, but Todd Tuckey said in one of his videos in Oct/Nov that the rumor was Stern wouldn't be able to build any more "for a long time". A long time to me is a year, and Todd is a really great and honest guy. Four months isn't a long time when Stern maybe builds something once a year (maybe)..... so when we lost the scheduled Nov '22 run, "a long time" from then is Q4 '23.
I'm gonna guess and say if Bond sells well, EHOH is bumped to Q4. If Bond sells poorly (and that could very well happen) then there's a small spot for EHOH. I wonder if it will be a "last call" run?

It will almost certainly be last call even if not officially called that. I hope it will happen - there are some with orders in since January 2021 - it’s kind of ridiculous that people are waiting so long.

#12119 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It will almost certainly be last call even if not officially called that. I hope it will happen - there are some with orders in since January 2021 - it’s kind of ridiculous that people are waiting so long.

I also wonder if they're bothering to do it soon since Scooby will take away orders for a fun goofy horror'ish theme.
They would be right..... it will.

Scooby's a bigger name, a newer game, and for less money..... maybe Stern should have built our games in May or Nov like was on the schedule last year.

It is a little bit of a nasty taste that the 1st game to be made AFTER Bond pricing hits is EHOH. What a crummy thing to do to us. I was hoping a couple other catalog titles would hit 1st and crash and burn at the new rates before our game hit the line again.

#12120 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

To be honest, I don't think Bond will sell that well. In markets like here in Canada, the LE is almost $20k and usual LE buyers have passed on this one.

My guess is that EHOH will have its last run, otherwise it would have been retired already. If Stern has some/most/all of the parts to build it, then it's just a matter of when. If they don't have parts, well maybe it doesn't happen after all. Shrugs..

Rob

#12121 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

To be honest, I don't think Bond will sell that well. In markets like here in Canada, the LE is almost $20k and usual LE buyers have passed on this one.
My guess is that EHOH will have its last run, otherwise it would have been retired already. If Stern has some/most/all of the parts to build it, then it's just a matter of when. If they don't have parts, well maybe it doesn't happen after all. Shrugs..
Rob

I agree.... I don't think Bond is going to meet expectations at all.
Truth is, it's too dated. It has a lot of fans, but not of the right demo (IMO). Connery Bond is 60's with a tiny bit of 70's.... that's going to be before a lot of people were born. You've gotta be 51 just to be alive when one came out. Too old a theme, and too focused an audience.
I was at Universal a couple months back and was noticing how old the people were in Harry Potter land...... it was shocking. Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

#12122 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Truth is, it's too dated. It has a lot of fans, but not of the right demo (IMO). Connery Bond is 60's with a tiny bit of 70's.... that's going to be before a lot of people were born. You've gotta be 51 just to be alive when one came out. Too old a theme, and too focused an audience.
I was at Universal a couple months back and was noticing how old the people were in Harry Potter land...... it was shocking. Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

Woz seemed to have worked as a theme, and it’s a childish theme from 80 years ago. Bond movies from that era are timeless, I don’t think it matters if you were born when they came out. The game is very good, tons of flow, good assets and even though it’s early code, you can see the rules are good.

#12123 1 year ago

If Bond shoots well or it is fun to play, the theme will become secondary for me.

I have about as much connection to Bond as a theme as I do with most titles these days, it's mainly all about the game play and code for me.

#12124 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Since when does a game based on an older decade matter? Who are these people who snub their nose at anything that isn't from their generation and only buy newer titles? Led Zeppelin,Rush,Munsters, Halloween,Scooby Doo,and Beatles have come out the past 5 years and did fine. So are they just suppose to make Stranger Things forever, because I will tell you, there hasn't been jack movies or music bands made in 11 years worth making a pin about that would stand the test of time.

#12125 1 year ago

Got my topper NIB last evening and installed it. Doesn't seem to do anything other than light up. The eyes flash red during dead head but it does absolutely nothing during the rest of the game. She hasn't screamed once and it hasn't opened. I'm on 1.04 code. Any thoughts?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12126 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Since when does a game based on an older decade matter? Who are these people who snub their nose at anything that isn't from their generation and only buy newer titles? Led Zeppelin,Rush,Munsters, and Beatles have come out the past 5 years and did fine. So are they just suppose to make Stranger Things forever, because I will tell you, there hasn't been jack movies or music bands made in 11 years worth making a pin about that would stand the test of time.

I am happy to report The new Metallica album is OUTSTANDING

#12127 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If Bond shoots well or it is fun to play, the theme will become secondary for me.
I have about as much connection to Bond as a theme as I do with most titles these days, it's mainly all about the game play and code for me.

I was telling that to people over the weekend who obsessed with having a license. I've never heard of Deadpool the comic or watched the movie but it makes me laugh and is awesome. All the Williams that CGC is remaking.
I played Bond this weekend, I am a huge fan and for me it was the theme I didn't like. I'm sure it will be coded more but they barely show him in the clips,little cas ll outs and the theme over and over. If they don't put all those great theme songs in it is a dud.

#12128 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am happy to report The new Metallica album is OUTSTANDING

Good to know because they haven't had a good album since ...and justice for all.

#12129 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Got my topper NIB last evening and installed it. Doesn't seem to do anything other than light up. The eyes flash red during dead head but it does absolutely nothing during the rest of the game. She hasn't screamed once and it hasn't opened. I'm on 1.04 code. Any thoughts?

Have you started House Party?
Have you collected a super jackpot during a garage multiball?

Those are two occasions when the topper should activate.

#12130 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

There are settings in the game adjustments to adjust how often and when it comes on. I would double check those. There are also tests in the diagnostics menu so you can check that it's working via those.

#12131 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Woz seemed to have worked as a theme, and it’s a childish theme from 80 years ago. Bond movies from that era are timeless, I don’t think it matters if you were born when they came out. The game is very good, tons of flow, good assets and even though it’s early code, you can see the rules are good.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Since when does a game based on an older decade matter? Who are these people who snub their nose at anything that isn't from their generation and only buy newer titles? Led Zeppelin,Rush,Munsters, and Beatles have come out the past 5 years and did fine. So are they just suppose to make Stranger Things forever, because I will tell you, there hasn't been jack movies or music bands made in 11 years worth making a pin about that would stand the test of time.

You guy realize these are all very different things.......
WOZ is a musical, and historically significant: The most watched movie in history, with one of the most recognizable songs in history, sung by one of the most known voices in history. Ask 100 people if they know the chorus of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.... they'll all get it. Ask the same 100 people to match up the Bond movies with the villain of those Bond movies, and who played Bond in that movie. How many could get just two right?

Munsters is syndicated, and watched every afternoon for generations (even that didn't save it - Stern canceled it's azz fast. It's a 2019 title: They should still be making it).
Do people watch a Bond movie everyday? Reruns matter (that's why Scooby is going to do well).

Music itself is a permanent rerun on steroids: radio, satellite, streaming, cd's, tapes, records...... over and over for decades, rebooted in whatever new format, consumed in small amounts, with little cost or time investment but with good instant enjoyment. Often times it isn't the music, it's the associated memories and feeling you recall with particular music. That's why music is timeless.

Age does matter: To me, Brosnan is Bond. I despise Craig, never watched a single Craig Bond (and fully admit Goldeneye was the only good Brosnan Bond movie). Does Connery, Dalton or Moore matter? Absolutely, they came before..... they are someone else's Bond, just like Craig is younger people's Bond. They are all correct, but only one is "your" Bond.
Big fan base, and one which is inherently fragmented. Who does Connery appeal to most? Boomers. 60+'s which is a good segment for people with money being thrown around. Is this group going to be buying games in 20 years? No, they're going to be dead or about to croak. So is this a good send-off for a pinball generation? Yup, absolutely, and I hope they love it. It's time to cater to Gen-X and Millennials now. They are the current and future buyers of games.

Put into perspective with this thread..... Elvira....... she's retiring (actually already retired)..... she spans 40+ years of young boys oogling her boobs. That's Boomers, Gen-X and Millennial boys/men. For some she's the spokeswoman for Coor's "Silver Bullet", for some she's the Mistress of the Dark star, for the oldest she's the host of that TV show with horrible B-Movies, and for the youngest fans she's a Knott's Scary Farm showgirl. What ties it all together is her: she is the only Elvira (unlike Bond). Therefore she gets every fan from every segment for herself. No fragmentation except which "Version" of Elvira is "yours". I prefer the 80's Mistress of the Dark Elvira myself..... it was the funniest, and had the most boobage. To each their own.

Bond may be a bigger license, but too broad. Elvira is focused and specific (just like WOZ, Music, Etc.). It'd be like making a Dr. Who pinball..... which doctor is going to be featured? Which era? Too broad.

My opinion only of course.

#12132 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

You guy realize these are all very different things.......
WOZ is a musical, and historically significant: The most watched movie in history, with one of the most recognizable songs in history, sung by one of the most known voices in history. Ask 100 people if they know the chorus of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.... they'll all get it. Ask the same 100 people to match up the Bond movies with the villain of those Bond movies, and who played Bond in that movie. How many could get just two right?
Munsters is syndicated, and watched every afternoon for generations (even that didn't save it - Stern canceled it's azz fast. It's a 2019 title: They should still be making it).
Do people watch a Bond movie everyday? Reruns matter (that's why Scooby is going to do well).
Music itself is a permanent rerun on steroids: radio, satellite, streaming, cd's, tapes, records...... over and over for decades, rebooted in whatever new format, consumed in small amounts, with little cost or time investment but with good instant enjoyment. Often times it isn't the music, it's the associated memories and feeling you recall with particular music. That's why music is timeless.
Age does matter: To me, Brosnan is Bond. I despise Craig, never watched a single Craig Bond (and fully admit Goldeneye was the only good Brosnan Bond movie). Does Connery, Dalton or Moore matter? Absolutely, they came before..... they are someone else's Bond, just like Craig is younger people's Bond. They are all correct, but only one is "your" Bond.
Big fan base, and one which is inherently fragmented. Who does Connery appeal to most? Boomers. 60+'s which is a good segment for people with money being thrown around. Is this group going to be buying games in 20 years? No, they're going to be dead or about to croak. So is this a good send-off for a pinball generation? Yup, absolutely, and I hope they love it. It's time to cater to Gen-X and Millennials now. They are the current and future buyers of games.
Put into perspective with this thread..... Elvira....... she's retiring (actually already retired)..... she spans 40+ years of young boys oogling her boobs. That's Boomers, Gen-X and Millennial boys/men. For some she's the spokeswoman for Coor's "Silver Bullet", for some she's the Mistress of the Dark star, for the oldest she's the host of that TV show with horrible B-Movies, and for the youngest fans she's a Knott's Scary Farm showgirl. What ties it all together is her: she is the only Elvira (unlike Bond). Therefore she gets every fan from every segment for herself. No fragmentation except which "Version" of Elvira is "yours". I prefer the 80's Mistress of the Dark Elvira myself..... it was the funniest, and had the most boobage. To each their own.
Bond may be a bigger license, but too broad. Elvira is focused and specific (just like WOZ, Music, Etc.). It'd be like making a Dr. Who pinball..... which doctor is going to be featured? Which era? Too broad.
My opinion only of course.

Easy on us boomers dying or croaking ok? You millennials crack me up

#12133 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy on us boomers dying or croaking ok? You millennials crack me up

HA!!!

I'm not a millennial

I know everyone thinks they will live forever..... I've seen a lot of death the last couple of years. Boomer and Gen-X.
Realistically it will only increase as time goes on.
You see Cristy Ally passed away today? She was only 71.

Touchy subject, I understand.

#12134 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

HA!!!
I'm not a millennial
I know everyone thinks they will live forever..... I've seen a lot of death the last couple of years. Boomer and Gen-X.
Realistically it will only increase as time goes on.
You see Cristy Ally passed away today? She was only 71.
Touchy subject, I understand.

I'm just Flippin you sh#t . I'm only 62, have at least another 30 years in me. But, older themes have and will continue to outsell new ones. It's hard to name a band or movie from today that will still be relevant 50 yrs from now. But, stern makes me a Hendrix pin, they can make all the hip hop/ rap pins they want. And I won't say a word

#12135 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm just Flippin you sh#t . I'm only 62, have at least another 30 years in me. But, older themes have and will continue to outsell new ones. It's hard to name a band or movie from today that will still be relevant 50 yrs from now. But, stern makes me a Hendrix pin, they can make all the hip hop/ rap pins they want. And I won't say a word

I agree with you, and I think it's because there are no "superstars" like there were when we were growing up. There's too much media now. Too much fragmentation and overload for anyone's sustained attention.
People are too busy, and too distracted. Everything is instant, nothing anticipated or saved for. Hmmmmm, maybe that's why I like pinball (in part). One of the few things you still have to wait for. How funny.

#12136 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I also wonder if they're bothering to do it soon since Scooby will take away orders for a fun goofy horror'ish theme.
They would be right..... it will. Scooby's a bigger name, a newer game, and for less money...

If there was a way to get the Elvira: HoH layout and rules with a well done Scooby theme that would be an instant buy for me.

#12137 1 year ago

My wife and were at Pincinatti last weekend, and we were able to play Bond extensively. Both the pro and premium. My honest takeaway? Pro is a snoozefest. Premium is semi fun due to the extra wireforms and mechs. I found none of the shots to be fun or satisfying with the exception of the top left corner shot that feeds all the way around the back, and down to the left flipper. I realize the code is in its infancy, but code can't fix unsatisfying shots. All that to get to my point which is... I don't think Bond is going to be a big hit, and I was told by a distributor that Stern confirmed another run of EHOH in March. Im on a wait list and thats just what I was told.

#12138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Not kids, mostly 30's and older.

I haven’t been to Universal since Harry Potter land opened. I moved to FL in 2005 with my wife (then gf) when I was 31. She was early 20s. We lived in Bonita Springs, about 2.5 or 3 hours from Orlando, but we must have visited there 5 or more times in 3 years. Every few months we went back. My parents took us to Disneyworld when I was 9, and I enjoyed it, but I had more fun at Universal and MGM in my early 30s for sure. I just appreciated everything more and recognized all the themes, like The Mummy and Men in Black. We had a blast there 10+ years before we had kids!

#12139 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

My wife and were at Pincinatti last weekend, and we were able to play Bond extensively. Both the pro and premium. My honest takeaway? Pro is a snoozefest. Premium is semi fun due to the extra wireforms and mechs. I found none of the shots to be fun or satisfying with the exception of the top left corner shot that feeds all the way around the back, and down to the left flipper. I realize the code is in its infancy, but code can't fix unsatisfying shots. All that to get to my point which is... I don't think Bond is going to be a big hit, and I was told by a distributor that Stern confirmed another run of EHOH in March. Im on a wait list and thats just what I was told.

I find it to be the opposite, to each his own. It's got great flow, some unique shots and a good albeit nascent rule set. Good assets so far from what I've seen and im sure more to come. It reminds me a bit of Deadpool, which isn't surprising given the designer.

#12140 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Have you started House Party?
Have you collected a super jackpot during a garage multiball?
Those are two occasions when the topper should activate.

Yes, done all that with nothing. Will check diagnostics menu when I get home.

#12141 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

Yes, done all that with nothing. Will check diagnostics menu when I get home.

Make sure you've enabled it in your adjustments. The easiest way I've found to trigger it is to start the Wild Women Multiball and allow the full video to play. It triggers at the end of the clip.

#12142 1 year ago

Make sure you've enabled it in your adjustments. The easiest way I've found to trigger it is to start the Wild Women Multiball and allow the full video to play. It triggers at the end of the clip.

The only thing I saw in adjustments was a timeout between screams, and percentage for screams. Didn’t see a way to turn it off or on. Did I miss something?

#12143 1 year ago
Quoted from tdawgmd:

The only thing I saw in adjustments was a timeout between screams, and percentage for screams. Didn’t see a way to turn it off or on. Did I miss something?

I thought there was also a setting to have it go off at the start of each multiball?

#12144 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I had a Elvira HOH LE sold it the mini movie clips got lame and boring and also slowed the game flow down.
FYI..

#12145 1 year ago

How many runs did this game even get? It's odd how despite the low run, you see far more 40th versions constantly on the market. Wanted one for a long time but could never find one for sale or at a none stupidly inflated price from the seller. Did EHOH sell poorly? Feels like Stern just completely ignored it

#12146 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

I had a Elvira HOH LE sold it the mini movie clips got lame and boring and also slowed the game flow down.
FYI..

That is bound to happen anytime the game takes the ball and does something else. The important thing is that you can skip them.

Things like feeding the TRex in JP and the building mech for the Godzilla Multiball I find rather frustrating because you're just forced to sit there to watch the same thing you've seen 100 times before.

#12147 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I thought there was also a setting to have it go off at the start of each multiball?

That depends upon how many seconds you have setup for the topper scream lockout setting which is the following adjustment in the diagnostic menu.

Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout

Mine was set to something like 240 or so when I purchased my EHOH premium. This means that the topper is only eligible to open up and scream every 4 minutes during a game. If you get 2 multiballs within 4 minutes the topper will only open and scream for the first multiball. This can happen if you get a Wild Women multiball and then when it ends you get a Trunk multiball, a Zombie multiball, an Attic Attack multiball or some other multiball still within the 4 minute window.

If you set the Adjustments --> Game --> #284 Topper Scream Lockout setting to '0' then the topper will open up and scream for every multiball. I just tested this with the glass off and started a second multiball within seconds of the first one ending and then a third multiball after that and the topper opened for all 3 multiballs and screamed. When in attract mode the topper is eligible to be activated every 3 minutes if you press either the left or right flipper button. If you press the either flipper button before the 3 minutes has elapsed the topper will not open.

I know that many posters have had issues with the topper consistently opening fully during the scream and if that is the case you may want to read the following key post in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/241#post-7225096

Since installing a coil sleeve in my topper I have not had one faulty opening in 300+ openings and counting. It has fixed the topper opening inconsistency issue 100 percent.

Gord

#12148 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

How many runs did this game even get? It's odd how despite the low run, you see far more 40th versions constantly on the market. Wanted one for a long time but could never find one for sale or at a none stupidly inflated price from the seller. Did EHOH sell poorly? Feels like Stern just completely ignored it

I believe it initially sold poorly. Players weren't too thrilled by the layout being as it's essentially a Medieval Madness style fan layout. It released just before the pandemic, so people weren't able to go and try it themselves. The demand for new games was certainly lower in 2019 versus now. And for collectors, it is a more niche theme. The code was somewhat bare when it first came out and Stern has said that the game is difficult to manufacture and surprising expensive to make.

Plus, there was a lot of competition in 2019. Jurassic Park, MMr Royal Edition, Stranger Things, Munsters, Black Knight SoR, and Willy Wonka all released that year. Along with the Comic book run of Star Wars.

Stern has a backlog of easier to produce games with higher profit margins, hence, EHoH keeps getting pushed.

#12149 1 year ago

That is bound to happen anytime the game takes the ball and does something else. The important thing is that you can skip them.
Things like feeding the TRex in JP and the building mech for the Godzilla Multiball I find rather frustrating because you're just forced to sit there to watch the same thing you've seen 100 times before.

Yep, just double flip to skip what you don't want to see. Works on pretty much everything in Elvira. Works on JP T-Rex modes also (after a couple seconds you can double flip to cut them short). There's no way to skip to make the GZ building go down faster though.

#12150 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, just double flip to skip what you don't want to see. Works on pretty much everything in Elvira. Works on JP T-Rex modes also (after a couple seconds you can double flip to cut them short). There's no way to skip to make the GZ building go down faster though.

You can skip most events, but not the feed trex event. Unless they've changed it in the last code update. I believe I'm still running 1.05.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/243?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.