IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 363.
#12052 1 year ago

Is anyone in need of a NIB topper or Art Blades for Elvira?

s-l500 (resized).jpgs-l500 (resized).jpg
#12053 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is anyone in need of a NIB topper or Art Blades for Elvira?
[quoted image]

Shipping costs to Belgium will be too much I guess?

#12054 1 year ago

Looking for some advice on setup. Right now I don’t really like my Elvira because everything seems to drain too easy (bounces off slings, gargoyles, etc. all seem to get pulled like magnets to the outlanes or sdtm. Is this normal? I’m not a great pinball player, but this seems worse than any game I own and I hadn’t really seen anyone mentioning this so I thought maybe the setup on this one is really sensitive to pitch or something else...

#12055 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Looking for some advice on setup. Right now I don’t really like my Elvira because everything seems to drain too easy (bounces off slings, gargoyles, etc. all seem to get pulled like magnets to the outlanes or sdtm. Is this normal? I’m not a great pinball player, but this seems worse than any game I own and I hadn’t really seen anyone mentioning this so I thought maybe the setup on this one is really sensitive to pitch or something else...

You own Mando, it's 100x worse than ehoh for drains. I don't find ehoh to be a drain monster. The shots are far away and the ball can be controlled. Maybe adjust the sensitivity of your slings or lower the power.

#12056 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You own Mando, it's 100x worse than ehoh for drains. I don't find ehoh to be a drain monster. The shots are far away and the ball can be controlled. Maybe adjust the sensitivity of your slings or lower the power.

I think that’s why it feels worse, with Mando the shots are so close it’s no surprise when they rocket back and drain. This feels like you are super unlucky with any bounce. I was guessing this wasn’t the common experience on here. I need to check my pitch, but I thought I was up around 6.8-7.0 which I thought would help with the outlanes a bit. Maybe I just need to learn how to nudge, it’s something I haven’t worked on yet…

#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

It is your machine and you should set it to your liking.
You might consider lowering the slingshot coil power setting and/or moving the outline posts to their lowest position.
I find that making backhand shots whenever possible results in fewer balls bouncing back sdtm.
I love my EHOH and plan to keep it for a long time to come.

#12058 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think that’s why it feels worse, with Mando the shots are so close it’s no surprise when they rocket back and drain. This feels like you are super unlucky with any bounce. I was guessing this wasn’t the common experience on here. I need to check my pitch, but I thought I was up around 6.8-7.0 which I thought would help with the outlanes a bit. Maybe I just need to learn how to nudge, it’s something I haven’t worked on yet…

I'm at 6.8

#12059 1 year ago

Same. With slings turned down just a bit. I get way more sdtm than side drains

#12060 1 year ago

That’s pretty challenging.
8CFBAF7D-019A-48F1-B05F-8CEE0EA9990B.gif8CFBAF7D-019A-48F1-B05F-8CEE0EA9990B.gif

#12061 1 year ago

Yeah, not sure how I had it set so high ( I was at 7.3). Brought it down to 6.8 and had my best game yet, and then a bunch of bad games, lol. It did seem to fix a lot of the outlane drains.

#12062 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Yeah, not sure how I had it set so high ( I was at 7.3). Brought it down to 6.8 and had my best game yet, and then a bunch of bad games, lol. It did seem to fix a lot of the outlane drains.

Familiarizing yourself with the rules can help too.

If you complete a dead head. You get a ball save from the right outlane. If you complete the hand of fate bank, you can get a ball save from left outlane.

There are plenty of options to make the game easier to if you would prefer. Such as decreasing the outlane size. Increase ball save time. Set it to 5 ball. Increase tilt warnings and debounce. Etc.

A lot of Elvira's come with the orbit a little off. If you do a full plunge, does the ball come to your left flipper or does it hit the left sling. If it hits the sling, you can adjust the rail so that it feeds better.

#12063 1 year ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Shipping costs to Belgium will be too much I guess?

I'm guessing you are going to be in that boat no matter where you get it but yeah, I'm sure it would be costly. The box is fairly big and heavy.

#12064 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Familiarizing yourself with the rules can help too.
If you complete a dead head. You get a ball save from the right outlane. If you complete the hand of fate bank, you can get a ball save from left outlane.
There are plenty of options to make the game easier to if you would prefer. Such as decreasing the outlane size. Increase ball save time. Set it to 5 ball. Increase tilt warnings and debounce. Etc.
A lot of Elvira's come with the orbit a little off. If you do a full plunge, does the ball come to your left flipper or does it hit the left sling. If it hits the sling, you can adjust the rail so that it feeds better.

I do need to learn the rules, I had picked this one up at the same time I got IMDN and right before Beatles and I think they got all the love. I’m sure the rails etc. are adjusted, the guy I bought it from put over a billion GC on this and IMDN before he shipped them so the problem is more me . I haven’t tweaked the settings on any of my games yet but maybe I will. Rush is the only one I’ve even come close to a billion on though it’s also the one I play the most…

#12065 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does it look like this?
Some machines have this protective cap on there to keep out dust/dirt and wandering wires.
[quoted image]

Yes! thanks guys, all good

#12066 1 year ago

I wonder if we will hear a whisper about this game before the end of the year.......

I kinda doubt it.

Then again, I wonder if we'll hear anything about it until after the 1st runs of all Bond models are finished in March (probably not).
By then it should be time for the next Stern release.

I'm going to guess and say EHOH is now Q4 2023
It'll be part of next year's "last calls" when they get rid of IM, SW and DP.

#12067 1 year ago

My ball keeps getting stuck right behind the gate here. Thing is, it's not actually touching the gate itself. I thought it might be lean or pitch, but that's not it. What do I need to adjust?

Edit: there's a round hole in the playfield there like it's supposed to have an up post, but I don't see the back for one under the playfield....

20221119_133415 (resized).jpg20221119_133415 (resized).jpg

#12068 1 year ago

There seems to be some stiff wires hanging down in there...

#12069 1 year ago

I’m looking to get out of the owner’s club. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an excellent machine, but I only have enough money to own one or two pinball machines at a time. Here’s my add. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146493

#12070 1 year ago

Glad you changed your ad to trade for a Toy Story CE instead of LE. Toy Story is selling well below msrp right now and Ehoh well over msrp. And baywatch is a fun game.

#12071 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Glad you changed your ad to trade for a Toy Story CE instead of LE. Toy Story is selling well below msrp right now and Ehoh well over msrp. And baywatch is a fun game.

Yeah I should have done my research. I feel kind of stupid now. A Baywatch machine with a nice color screen and Comet LEDs usually goes for $4000, plus my machine looks and plays like new. My Elvira machine I bought brand new, took it out of the box, put a shaker motor in it & new art blades, my family and I have played it (a little over 300 total game plays), and it has never been moved. It is in mint condition. I keep it covered when not playing it. I see that they’re going for $12,000 on the market right now. It’s a fun game. I got it March of last year and have been playing it ever since. I believe it was made in March of last year as well.

#12072 1 year ago

I went ahead and just put my Elvira machine for sale instead of trying to trade it for a Toy Story 4 CE. Someone said they will buy my Baywatch machine from me already. This is the way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146599

#12073 1 year ago

Purchased this car off Amazon:

Department 56 Elvira Mistress of The Dark Village Accessories Macabre Mobile Figurine, 2.1 Inch, Multicolor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QLCYKWW

Added it to the shooter lane. Fits perfectly and looks great in my opinion.

thumbnail_E701B431-7F2A-4ECA-BF3E-CB669B1751BE (resized).jpgthumbnail_E701B431-7F2A-4ECA-BF3E-CB669B1751BE (resized).jpg
#12074 1 year ago

Any talks on the next run of games?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12075 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Any talks on the next run of games?

Feb 2023, according to Zach at FlipnOut from The Pinball Show #117:

Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Dec 2022 - Bond LE
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)

Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
Feb 2023 - Bond Premium
Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium
Mar 2023 - New Cornerstone Reveal?????

#12076 1 year ago

Really love this game - I put the full Wizmods kit on it, and I think it really finishes off the artwork nicely - just makes it all continuous.

20221123_164231 (resized).jpg20221123_164231 (resized).jpg
#12077 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dec 2022 - Bond LE
Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
Feb 2023 - Bond Premium

Thanks

#12078 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dec 2022 - Bond LE
Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
Feb 2023 - Bond Premium

Would love it if this ends up being accurate.

#12079 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Really love this game - I put the full Wizmods kit on it, and I think it really finishes off the artwork nicely - just makes it all continuous. [quoted image]

Damn. It. I’ve been trying to pretend those don’t exist. That looks spectacular

#12080 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:Would love it if this ends up being accurate.

Zac also mentioned it could be bumped easily too.......

#12081 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Zac also mentioned it could be bumped easily too.......

He sounds like a weatherman.

Honestly... I don't think anyone really know except for the people at Stern and even that comes into question a bit. I'm sure they will let you know when it's on the line but until then, it's a guessing game surrounded by a lot of hype IMO.

#12082 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving.

4177D77D-391E-4637-A6C2-B11F78B3CF7F (resized).jpeg4177D77D-391E-4637-A6C2-B11F78B3CF7F (resized).jpeg
#12084 1 year ago

Just a heads up to Elvira fans that I've added a promo to the pinmonk.com store where I'm giving away one of the retail NECA Elvira Pinball swag boxes every week at random from the orders received starting 11/27/22. Four drawings, one every week from now until XMAS. Gives everyone another shot at laying hands on one of these hard-to-find swag boxes. And, international customers are not excluded.

#12085 1 year ago

has anyone had this happen to their screen? Kinda weird looking since the red is coming thru the black.

B7836D9F-3E71-48A3-8F35-7B1DDB898503 (resized).jpegB7836D9F-3E71-48A3-8F35-7B1DDB898503 (resized).jpegC1D577EB-7538-4E8C-A831-48FF2113C071 (resized).jpegC1D577EB-7538-4E8C-A831-48FF2113C071 (resized).jpeg
#12086 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

has anyone had this happen to their screen? Kinda weird looking since the red is coming thru the black.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa. I guess that's like a special effect to pull you into the theme more?!

#12088 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks the same as what I've been experiencing on my Godzilla recently. On mine I found it's the cable connecting the LCD to the board in the back box. When I wiggle and push on the connection in the back box the artifacting on the LCD clears up. I'd suggest taking the translite panel off, lifting up the LCD into viewing position, and wiggling/pushing on that connection to see if the LCD image clears up. It works to clear it on mine. Here's a picture of the connection I'm talking about.
40E65230-38BB-493A-8B03-551941CAE445 (resized).jpeg40E65230-38BB-493A-8B03-551941CAE445 (resized).jpeg

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looks the same as what I've been experiencing on my Godzilla recently. On mine I found it's the cable connecting the LCD to the board in the back box. When I wiggle and push on the connection in the back box the artifacting on the LCD clears up. I'd suggest taking the translite panel off, lifting up the LCD into viewing position, and wiggling/pushing on that connection to see if the LCD image clears up. It works to clear it on mine. Here's a picture of the connection I'm talking about.
[quoted image]

nice, I will check on this when I get home from work and report back. Thank you

#12090 1 year ago

I have a deposit down on a game and wanted to get some mods while I was waiting. Where can I get the gonk house from and bone flipper topper ? Thanks

#12091 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

I have a deposit down on a game and wanted to get some mods while I was waiting. Where can I get the gonk house from and bone flipper topper ? Thanks

I got a set of art blades that are still looking for a new home.

#12092 1 year ago

#12093 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

[quoted image]

That's definitely electrial distortion caused by a poor connection. This should fix it ^^^ Just be careful!

#12094 1 year ago
tumblr_ntaglxa2eb1rp0vkjo1_500.giftumblr_ntaglxa2eb1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
#12095 1 year ago

Anybody ever sell the house? What’s your strategy? I pulled my left outlane post tonight trying to get the wheel figured out, it’s kind of fun without it there in a brutal way…….it’s the one objective for selling the house I’ve never achieved in a game naturally so trying a few things different in my last few days with this game.

#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Anybody ever sell the house? What’s your strategy? I pulled my left outlane post tonight trying to get the wheel figured out, it’s kind of fun without it there in a brutal way…….it’s the one objective for selling the house I’ve never achieved

Huh? The wheel has nothing to do with selling the house.

Here are the objectives to light Wild Market Value (Sell the house):
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball. (Just lighting it seems to work.)
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.

What is it you're trying to figure out on the wheel?

I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheap shameless plugs:

#12097 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Huh? The wheel has nothing to do with selling the house.
Here are the objectives to light Wild Market Value (Sell the house):
a) Start DIRECTOR'S CUT.
b) Banish CLOWN deadhead (SUPER HEAD SHOT).
c) Start PHONE-A-FIEND multiball. (Just lighting it seems to work.)
d) Start GAPPA ANGRY.
e) Start GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
f) Start ATTIC ATTACK multiball.
g) Start THEY CAME FROM SPACE.
What is it you're trying to figure out on the wheel?
I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
Cheap shameless plugs:

Thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was looking for a clearer path through the game as far as sequence of events / stacking goes and using the wheel awards to your best advantage. I’ve started with getting the crypt MB collected before starting a mode, and trying to be deliberate about which modes I get into early before any multi balls are ready.

#12098 1 year ago

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

#12099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Thanks for the links, I will check them out. I was looking for a clearer path through the game as far as sequence of events / stacking goes and using the wheel awards to your best advantage. I’ve started with getting the crypt MB collected before starting a mode, and trying to be deliberate about which modes I get into early before any multi balls are ready.

As far as collecting wheel awards, go for the multiball extensions first. Keep Ball Save for your last ball or if you drain in a particularly high-point mode.

As far as Garage Mulitballs, I shoot the garage whenever it is lit for a mode shot. If I'm near the end of a mode, I will hold off on starting the multiball. Unfortunately, the multiballs aren't high-scorers, so use them to complete longer haunts like Manos and The Manster.

I also try to start and complete high-scoring haunts early (with trailer bits & trash collects) as you collect the points again during Director's Cut in the same order you completed the haunts. That way if I screw up during DC, the most points are earlier in the mode.

Don't forget to collect junk. It can be helpful/valuable.

Just a few tips...

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I heard selling the house is the less impressive mode in the game, haven't got to it yet.

Unfortunately, there is not as much fanfare to go along with selling the house as there should be, but it can be worth a decent amount of points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/242?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.