897631D8-F627-4C81-9B81-C2C8DEAF2C0E (resized).jpeg
24577F1D-6B2B-4289-9B22-1F772FEB1381 (resized).jpeg
dgh.gif
307456827_5665845923477746_5720019204788444157_n (resized).jpg
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
189AA805-AF9F-4BC2-899A-6C166966AD2F (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,083 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 242.
#11801 55 days ago

Found the neca box at local target, they had 2 left in large size I snagged the XL. If anyone is in Peoria area and wants one PM me and I will guide you to them!

#11802 53 days ago

I think when we have issues, it's nice to post when you have a good experience - and once again, I just have to give a shout out to the Stern distributor here in Sydney (Amusement Machine Distributors). So my Elvira went kaput on Monday and all the lower half on the playfield stopped responding (lights, coils and switches). With all of it going out, I suspected a node board problem, and on reboot, yep I got the dreaded "node board 8 not found" message. After all the obligatory connection/wiring checks, I swapped around boards 8 and 9, and the problem moved to node board 9, indicating the board itself went bad.

I emailed AMD yesterday morning (Monday was a public holiday) fully expecting my machine to be unusable for a couple of weeks at best - but they sent a new board out overnight express within a couple of hours, so it arrived this morning and Elvira is back in action. Oh I should also mention they did this free of charge as long as I sent the faulty board back to them (which I have now done), and I did not even purchase the machine from them, it was a private sale.

I just do not see this level or quality of service from *any* other company - simply brilliant guys to deal with. It's not the first time I've posted on here about how great they are, I'm sure this wont be the last time either.

Also - this game is absolutely incredible, only had it a few weeks and it's mind blowingly good!

#11803 52 days ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Found the neca box at local target, they had 2 left in large size I snagged the XL. If anyone is in Peoria area and wants one PM me and I will guide you to them!

What area of the store were they in?

#11804 52 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

If they have them, it will be in the area Target calls the "Collector's Corner". It is where the Funko Pops are. It isn't in the normal toy section.

#11805 52 days ago

Also worth checking out the end caps in the toy department. That is where I found the Elvira And TMNT boxes.

#11806 52 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think when we have issues, it's nice to post when you have a good experience - and once again, I just have to give a shout out to the Stern distributor here in Sydney (Amusement Machine Distributors). So my Elvira went kaput on Monday and all the lower half on the playfield stopped responding (lights, coils and switches). With all of it going out, I suspected a node board problem, and on reboot, yep I got the dreaded "node board 8 not found" message. After all the obligatory connection/wiring checks, I swapped around boards 8 and 9, and the problem moved to node board 9, indicating the board itself went bad.
I emailed AMD yesterday morning (Monday was a public holiday) fully expecting my machine to be unusable for a couple of weeks at best - but they sent a new board out overnight express within a couple of hours, so it arrived this morning and Elvira is back in action. Oh I should also mention they did this free of charge as long as I sent the faulty board back to them (which I have now done), and I did not even purchase the machine from them, it was a private sale.
I just do not see this level or quality of service from *any* other company - simply brilliant guys to deal with. It's not the first time I've posted on here about how great they are, I'm sure this wont be the last time either.
Also - this game is absolutely incredible, only had it a few weeks and it's mind blowingly good!

I can also say nothing but perfect customer service from AMD Austaralia on EVERY occasion. Same thing happened to my BM66LE bought origonally from AMD.
Node board sent overnight and game going again that day all with no cost to me.
Big shout out to AMD Australia.They truely appreciated and value the pinball community here.

#11807 52 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If they have them, it will be in the area Target calls the "Collector's Corner". It is where the Funko Pops are. It isn't in the normal toy section.

In ours, they were not there. They were on the bottom of an endcap closer to the phone section of electronics, probably 3 aisles from the funko pop area. I think they shove them wherever a store has room given that they've been seen all over the place.

#11808 52 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

In my store, they were on a mixed endcap between toys and apparel.

#11809 52 days ago

None at either of our Targets around here. No TMNT boxes either. I'm wondering if it's only Targets in certain parts of the country that ever get these NECA loot boxes.

#11810 52 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

None at either of our Targets around here. No TMNT boxes either. I'm wondering if it's only Targets in certain parts of the country that ever get these NECA loot boxes.

We're in the boondocks and we got quite a few. All the Elvira are gone, but there's still 4 or 5 TMNT left, still. Your Target may have been cleared out immediately, or didn't get them yet.

Also, it's worth noting that even though ours HAD Elvira boxes (until they were cleared out) and still HAS TMNT boxes, even using Target's stock numbers Brickseek and Target online NEVER showed inventory at our store. So I think this is a "go to the store and search high and low" kind of situation.

#11811 52 days ago

I had a talk with a Target employee about Neca. They told me that first run "Neca" isn't Target stock. Neca has shelf space in the store that gets stocked by a Neca representative every so often (weekly in SoCal). That's why the new Neca isn't in the Target database.

#11812 50 days ago

Pretty cool

8E4B600C-4D4F-4CF6-A023-446A561EF165 (resized).jpeg
#11813 48 days ago

Seeing EHOH now being listed at 10K (well, 9.9K - same thing) for the next run by distros. They don't know the real price yet, but they're inching it up in anticipation.

10K now, 10.5K later, and settling at 11K is what I think will happen. I guess part of that depends on how far into 2023 the wait goes.
Sure would be nice if it stops rising before then. Maybe the economy will crap out and spook Stern (yeah right!!!).

#11814 48 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:Seeing EHOH now being listed at 10K (well, 9.9K - same thing) for the next run by distros. They don't know the real price yet, but they're inching it up in anticipation.
10K now, 10.5K later, and settling at 11K is what I think will happen. I guess part of that depends on how far into 2023 the wait goes.
Sure would be nice if it stops rising before then. Maybe the economy will crap out and spook Stern (yeah right!!!).

At this point it just seems like Stern doesnt even want to make the game anymore.

#11815 48 days ago

Help. The shot to lock the balls is not registering so it is not giving credit for shots in the haunt nor locking the balls. It just goes in to the saucer and kicks out.

Any thoughts?

#11816 47 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

At this point it just seems like Stern doesnt even want to make the game anymore.

If my distro calls me and says it's going to cost another $1200 over what I already was quoted, it's over. No way I'm paying that.

#11817 47 days ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I found them in the collectors corner which was along the back wall of the store, closer to electronics but near the toys section.

#11818 47 days ago

I picked up 2 NECA boxes, but after getting home, one was opened and missing the enamel pin. :/
I'll probably just part out the box and give the pieces for gifts for Christmas.

#11819 47 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I picked up 2 NECA boxes, but after getting home, one was opened and missing the enamel pin. :/
I'll probably just part out the box and give the pieces for gifts for Christmas.

man, that sucks. The XL I bought was also opened but everything was there. I would return it or go ask for a discounted price refund!

#11820 47 days ago

Bump still looking for some help.

Quoted from rodcom:Help. The garage shot to lock the balls is not registering so it is not giving credit for shots in the haunt nor locking the balls. It just goes in to the saucer and kicks out.
Any thoughts?

#11821 47 days ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Sounds to me like your garage opto is out or misaligned.

#11822 47 days ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Put it in switch test mode and see if you can trigger the opto with your finger. If it's too far back, fold up an piece of paper lengthwise about 1" wide and see if you can trigger the opto with that.

If you CAN'T, then remove the glass, lift the playfield and check the connectors under the playfield. The opto ones are labeled with yellow flags. Make sure all of them are securely plugged in. Go back into switch test when you've secured all the opto connectors and see if you can trigger it.
IMG_1409 (resized).JPG

#11823 47 days ago

3D moon and saucer mod to bump out the artwork on the back-panel. New models use silver-metallic paint (as pictured uninstalled). Two-way tape, peel and stick and done. $15 shipped in USA. PM for info/order.

2022-10-10 19.37.02 (resized).jpg2022-10-10 19.38.36 (resized).jpg
#11824 47 days ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

3D moon and saucer mod to bump out the artwork on the back-panel. New models use silver-metallic paint (as pictured uninstalled). Two-way tape, peel and stick and done. $15 shipped in USA. PM for info/order.[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent, but I haven't heard back from you.

#11825 46 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

PM sent, but I haven't heard back from you.

People can be away from pinside for more than 12 hours and still be ok……

#11826 46 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I did respond back to everyone, but yes, I don't live on Pinside 24/7.

#11827 46 days ago
Quoted from PersonX99:I did respond back to everyone, but yes, I don't live on Pinside 24/7.

I think there's a pinside achievement for that.

Rob

#11828 46 days ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I did respond back to everyone, but yes, I don't live on Pinside 24/7.

I attempted to PayPal you. PP couldn't find you from my end. I sent you a PM just now, asking for some help.

Thanks
Kerry

#11829 46 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wasn’t trying to be a jerk, just wanted him to know I was interested in buying his product. Always interested in helping a fellow mod maker on pinside to put his kids thru college or to buy that boat he’s been looking at

#11830 45 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Wasn’t trying to be a jerk, just wanted him to know I was interested in buying his product. Always interested in helping a fellow mod maker on pinside to put his kids thru college or to buy that boat he’s been looking at

Was just tugging your chain. Couldn’t resist!

#11831 45 days ago
#11832 45 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

This may be of interest to some:

Better link direct to Mezco for $50 savings ($250 pre-order) - https://www.mezcotoyz.com/static-6-elvira-mistress-of-the-dark

Elvira Mezco.jpg

This would be a great alternative topper if you could mod it to use one of the docquest mini screens in the TV.

#11833 45 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I never had (or wanted) kids, so I always tell people my pinball collection is "the kids college fund". :p

#11834 45 days ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I never had (or wanted) kids, so I always tell people my pinball collection is "the kids college fund". :p

Certainly a lot cheaper.

#11835 45 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Better link direct to Mezco for $50 savings ($250 pre-order) - https://www.mezcotoyz.com/static-6-elvira-mistress-of-the-dark
[quoted image]
This would be a great alternative topper if you could mod it to use one of the docquest mini screens in the TV.

Holy crap! That thing is $250?

#11836 45 days ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Holy crap! That thing is $250?

Stern charges us a grand for a topper that is exponentially less expensive to make than this. It’s like pinball people only think non pinball stuff is expensive, haha.

#11837 45 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Stern charges us a grand for a topper that is exponentially less expensive to make than this. It’s like pinball people only think non pinball stuff is expensive, haha.

Yep. And people also have to realize that statues and figures like that are all hand-painted. Which takes time and money.

#11838 45 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yep. And people also have to realize that statues and figures like that are all hand-painted. Which takes time and money.

Yeah, but quantify "expensive." Chinese kindergarteners do that work for juiceboxes and snacks.

#11839 45 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, but quantify "expensive." Chinese kindergarteners do that work for juiceboxes and snacks.

Wow.

#11840 45 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The price of juiceboxes exploded since covid. I’ve tried bulk, black market, generic. I’m not talking Capri Sun here, but the good, quality 100% juice juiceboxes. I’ve got a cargo container coming overseas full off them. I’m just gonna retire, play pinball and sip juice.

#11841 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The price of juiceboxes exploded since covid. I’ve tried bulk, black market, generic. I’m not talking Capri Sun here, but the good, quality 100% juice juiceboxes. I’ve got a cargo container coming overseas full off them. I’m just gonna retire, play pinball and sip juice.

Gin and juice and a blunt you’re all set man

#11842 43 days ago

Does anyone have a set of side rails for sale?

#11843 43 days ago

I just received and installed Vimtoman's "Crate Creature" Mod...it is a great alternative to Medisiny's Gronk's dog house. It is high quality, animated and illuminated...even has an "attract mode"...nice work Vimtoman.

20221014_141530 (resized).jpg

#11844 43 days ago

going through my parts bin...

My Elvira has been long gone for a while but I still have this shooter that I never end up using.

$190 shipped

Thanks

IMG_0468 (resized).jpeg
#11845 43 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Does anyone have a set of side rails for sale?

Does anyone know where to get the LE shaped side rails or similar?

#11846 43 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I just received and installed Vimtoman's "Crate Creature" Mod...it is a great alternative to Medisiny's Gronk's dog house. It is high quality, animated and illuminated...even has an "attract mode"...nice work Vimtoman.
[quoted image]

Agree, fun mod!

#11847 43 days ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

[quoted image]

I love it on my TWD. Best mod I've purchased, and indeed much higher quality than Gonk's dog house, though they serve different purposes.

Andrew is also a great person, and he even asked me permission to adapt the mod to Elvira, which of course he didn't have to do.

I'm always looking forward to what he comes up with

#11848 43 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

My Elvira has been long gone for a while but I still have this shooter that I never end up using.
$190 shipped
Thanks[quoted image]

That is not a good price. You can still find these on many reputable websites for MSRP. Unless you're asking for $190CAD.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-elviras-house-of-horrors-officially-licensed-custom-shooter-rod.html

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7107-00

https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-shooter-rod

#11849 42 days ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

$190 shipped
Thanks[quoted image]

Just rummaging through a bin of parts and you happen to have a $200 shooter rod just laying around?

#11850 42 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I love it on my TWD. Best mod I've purchased, and indeed much higher quality than Gonk's dog house, though they serve different purposes.
Andrew is also a great person, and he even asked me permission to adapt the mod to Elvira, which of course he didn't have to do.
I'm always looking forward to what he comes up with

Greg your Stranger things mod just excels all mods.
Got to be the best of the year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
There are 12,083 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 242.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!