IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 362.
#11551 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I'm getting balls stuck in the garage. It's not every time, but it's often enough that it's really annoying. 3rd ball search kicks them all out.
What do I need to check or adjust?
Thanks

All 3 optos need to register for it to work properly. Some people have had issues with opto 3 being mis-aligned or not working, which causes the issue you're talking about with the 3rd ball going in. Do all 3 optos work in switch test mode.

#11552 1 year ago

Just giving some fair notice here that the Elvira mods will be permanently discontinued soon, and that the last day to get on the list is Sept. 4.

Thanks again to everyone for the overwhelming support for this set. It made all the difference in being able to continue down this path.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/18#post-7114559

#11553 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I'm getting balls stuck in the garage. It's not every time, but it's often enough that it's really annoying. 3rd ball search kicks them all out.
What do I need to check or adjust?
Thanks

I ran into garage issues at one point. The issue was that the up-post was catching on the playfield wood. I had to unscrew the up-post and shift it ever so slightly to the side, then retighten it. The mounting holes were large enough to allow you to shift it a little.

#11554 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just giving some fair notice here that the Elvira mods will be permanently discontinued soon, and that the last day to get on the list is Sept. 4.
Thanks again to everyone for the overwhelming support for this set. It made all the difference in being able to continue down this path.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/18#post-7114559

Your Elvira mod set is THE BOMB. Really quality stuff that improves the look.

Are you doing cleavage pop covers again for this farewell edition?

#11555 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That would be awesome. That’s all I need to have the complete set.

#11556 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thank you

Pops won't return here.

But the charity set will have a return of the limited LFS stone as seen in the 40th set, and the casket aims to be a one-off Lyman tribute.

#11557 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

There are settings to adjust how often it opens. I have mine set to open in attract mode when you hit a (left only?) flipper button.

I’ll start there!

#11558 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you
Pops won't return here.
But the charity set will have a return of the limited LFS stone as seen in the 40th set, and the casket aims to be a one-off Lyman tribute.

Charity set? Is that being put in a raffle or something? Very curious to see a Lyman tribute casket

#11559 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Charity set? Is that being put in a raffle or something? Very curious to see a Lyman tribute casket

Each year, I donate to the Project Pinball charity auction that happens at Expo, and I generally try to offer something neat (prototypes/discontinued mods, or one-offs like this, etc.)

I would never consider profiting off a Lyman tribute, so the charity auction offers a morally sound outlet to make something I know some would like to have.

#11560 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

My game had your mod kit installed when I got it and I didn’t even know it was mods until I saw posts about them here. I’m not a huge mod guy and I have to say these are among the most refined and well integrated I’ve ever seen, very nice work.

#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

My game had your mod kit installed when I got it and I didn’t even know it was mods until I saw posts about them here. I’m not a huge mod guy and I have to say these are among the most refined and well integrated I’ve ever seen, very nice work.

I appreciate your glowing feedback. Thank you!

#11562 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Same here, mine came with it as well. Couldn’t imagine it without the click click on the right ramp return. Very satisfying.

#11563 1 year ago

Does spinner build the freak fryer? I got to Gappa but only locked 3 balls, now I’m looking for the quickest way to get it going so I can do all 6!

#11564 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Does spinner build the freak fryer? I got to Gappa but only locked 3 balls, now I’m looking for the quickest way to get it going so I can do all 6!

I think so(?) pop bumper hits too

#11565 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

One trick you can use to speed up progress toward Gappa Angry is to utilize the multiball ball saves. While the ball save light is on during the early part of any multiball let the balls drain. This will send the balls up into the bumpers as they are replunged adding lots of progress toward lighting Gappa Angry. Just make sure you keep an eye toward not letting balls drain deliberately after ball save has ended.

#11566 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

All switch hits increase the Freak Fryer. (150 per level first time - adjustable in settings) Utilize multiball strategy above.

Unfortunately, switch hits during They Came From Space do not count.

#11567 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

All switch hits increase the Freak Fryer. (150 per level first time - adjustable in settings) Utilize multiball strategy above.

Which is why I wish auto-launched balls went to the left orbit rather than the pops.

Rob

#11568 1 year ago

Guys im back finally trying to diagnose this switch that is going off when i hit the flippers.

So many think its the opto on the left ramp. I believe that is the ramp return opto. That switch works fine when i run my finger by in switch test. But there seems to be some kind of opto on the ramp entrance as well right?

That does not trigger anything when i run my finger past it. Could that be misaligned?

And the game randomly awards 30 points usually when hitting flippers. It makes the same sound that the left return opto does.

I just cant recreate it in switch test

#11569 1 year ago

Ok its not the left ramp return opto because rhat gives like 40k points. This is 30 points…

#11570 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok its not the left ramp return opto because rhat gives like 40k points. This is 30 points…

Left or right sling? Those are pretty low points if I remember correctly.

#11571 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

But there seems to be some kind of opto on the ramp entrance as well right?
That does not trigger anything when i run my finger past it. Could that be misaligned?

Either the opto pair is broken or it's misaligned and always triggered, so when you run your finger past it, it doesn't trigger because it's always on already. Try loosening the mount and adjusting it while in switch test to see if you can get it to trigger, then lock that position down.

#11572 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Left or right sling? Those are pretty low points if I remember correctly.

But you should be able to see the sling kick if one of the sling blades is registering...

#11573 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Either the opto pair is broken or it's misaligned and always triggered, so when you run your finger past it, it doesn't trigger because it's always on already. Try loosening the mount and adjusting it while in switch test to see if you can get it to trigger, then lock that position down.

So in switch test i can only get it to register by pressing on the ranp metal near the hole and touching the receiver. If thats the case im guessing its not aligned well?

#11574 1 year ago

Ok. Maybe found something. The left ramp. The left side of the ramp(i guess the guardrail on the left as the ball goes up) has some play to it. I can move it back and forth a mm or so easily. Is everyone elses ramp left side loose like that?

Maybe when i hit the flippers that inside rail moves and hits the left ramp entrance opto?

#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But you should be able to see the sling kick if one of the sling blades is registering...

Yeah good point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11576 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hey pinmonk. Thanks for the help. Its definetly that opto. But i can only trigger the opto by actually touching the reciever on the left side. I cant make my finger going up the ramp do it….

#11577 1 year ago

Ok. I can manuever it a bit to get the red light to come on and it works. But when i screw it down its doesnt work again. Maybe i need super tiny washers

#11578 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok. I can manuever it a bit to get the red light to come on and it works. But when i screw it down its doesnt work again. Maybe i need super tiny washers

Yeah, it sounds like just an alignment issue. If it's send/receiver is too low relative to the hole in the ramp, a washer or spacer of some sort will help. L/R alignment relative to the hole is a different story. At least you know what the problem is now. It's just a matter of adjusting and getting it centered in those ramp holes.

#11579 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it sounds like just an alignment issue. If it's send/receiver is too low relative to the hole in the ramp, a washer or spacer of some sort will help. L/R alignment relative to the hole is a different story. At least you know what the problem is now. It's just a matter of adjusting and getting it centered in those ramp holes.

Holy crap its so sensitive. I had it perfect. And while putting the left return ramp back on the red light went off…..Mfer…

#11580 1 year ago

Ok. I think i got it! Its definetly that opto. I got it all lined up. For now. Lets see if it lasts

Thanks everyone

#11581 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok. I think i got it! Its definetly that opto. I got it all lined up. For now. Lets see if it lasts
Thanks everyone

Last resort if the issue returns, you can drill out the holes to be slightly larger. But absolute last resort.

#11582 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Last resort if the issue returns, you can drill out the holes to be slightly larger. But absolute last resort.

I thought of that too.

Side note. When is the topper suppossed to activate with elvira popping out? Dunno if it has happened during the game but then again im not looking up

#11583 1 year ago

Ugh! Here i thought i had it fixed as it was fine fir a few games. The opto is fine but something else is making that swooshing sound and awarding 30 points randomly. Ugh!

What gives 30 points in this game each time?

#11584 1 year ago

My pop numbers keep going off rapidly when no ball is in that area. Can’t find a solution in past posts. Any clues how to fix? I only have 61 plays on it.

#11585 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

My pop numbers keep going off rapidly when no ball is in that area. Can’t find a solution in past posts. Any clues how to fix? I only have 61 plays on it.

Vibration triggering it - your switch blades in the sling are too close. Move the back blade a little away from the front blade so the gap at rest is a little larger.

#11586 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ugh! Here i thought i had it fixed as it was fine fir a few games. The opto is fine but something else is making that swooshing sound and awarding 30 points randomly. Ugh!
What gives 30 points in this game each time?

Maybe try simulating gameplay by putting it in switch test mode then popping a ball manually into the trough, then closing the door and launching the ball and seeing what switches trigger when you flip and launch balls.

#11587 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Vibration triggering it - your switch blades in the sling are too close. Move the back blade a little away from the front blade so the gap at rest is a little larger.

Thanks I’ll try it. My first pops adjustment so will give it a try.

#11588 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Thanks I’ll try it. Didn’t think the slings would have caused it.

#11589 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Wait, is it the SLINGS or the POP BUMPERS that are firing randomly? The sling adjustment is from the TOP of the PF. Adjusting the pop bumper sensitivity is from the BOTTOM side of the PF.

#11590 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Wait, is it the SLINGS or the POP BUMPERS that are firing randomly? The sling adjustment is from the TOP of the PF. Adjusting the pop bumper sensitivity is from the BOTTOM side of the PF.

The sling leafs are fine it’s only the pops. There’s an adjustment underneath the pop section?

#11591 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

The sling leafs are fine it’s only the pops. There’s an adjustment underneath the pop section?

If the pops are firing from vibration it could be the leaf switch contacts are too close. You can gap them from under the pf. I’ve had that on a new Stern or two.

#11592 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe try simulating gameplay by putting it in switch test mode then popping a ball manually into the trough, then closing the door and launching the ball and seeing what switches trigger when you flip and launch balls.

Just did that. It is the left ramp opto as we thought. My guess is the inside of left ramp is shaking a bit causing the metal to cover the light and trigger it. Is the inside of the ramp suppossed to have give to it? I can move it with my hand back and forth a bit easily

#11593 1 year ago

Ok the ramp doesnt visually move when flipping. But i did notice the red opto light blink off for a quick second while flipping.

So i would think its tint movements in the metal ramp that causes the laser to see the ramp thinking its a ball. Though when i move the ramp with my hand the switch does not go off…

#11594 1 year ago

switch test confirms its that left ramp entry opto. Heres a video of what I mean the left ramp diveder has movement: https://i.imgur.com/Q3QfyEH.mp4

20220904_014510585_iOS (resized).jpg20220904_014510585_iOS (resized).jpg
#11595 1 year ago

So im in test now and almost every flipper hit makes the left entry opto go off. And the red light doesnt even blink and it still goes off.

So maybe this is board related somehow? Or the opto is just bad? Hoping its not the whole opto as I dont want to de asemble the whole left side to install a new one

#11596 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So im in test now and almost every flipper hit makes the left entry opto go off. And the red light doesnt even blink and it still goes off.
So maybe this is board related somehow? Or the opto is just bad? Hoping its not the whole opto as I dont want to de asemble the whole left side to install a new one

And smacking the playfield with your fist firmly in a few places on the PF doesn't make it go off?

#11597 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

For the pop bumpers, there are leaf switches under the playfield. The pop bumper skirt has a "stick" descending from it that goes into a saucer, which presses on the leaf switch. If they're firing from vibration, you just need to gap the leaves of the switch a tiny bit more apart (not too much or the pop bumper won't go off at all).

#11598 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And smacking the playfield with your fist firmly in a few places on the PF doesn't make it go off?

Nope. Flippers and the opto are both on node 8 and the wiring is right next to eachother… just reseatted everything and re trying

#11599 1 year ago

Even after reseatting wires its still happening.

In switch test i cant even recreate it by touching the opto or the ramp jiggling.

Itll switch if i run my finger up ramp or every 3-10 flips on either flipper

#11600 1 year ago

The opto is working, its just randomly awarding a lot as well. I dont care about 30 points here and there, if i could just selectively turn off that sound effect id do it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.