Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 361.
#1101 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Incorrect . They are not suppose to hit the glass that hard causing damage . Where is it noted they are supposed to hit the glass ?

As Robertstone0407 stated. They are supposed to hit the glass and they do not cause damage. The concept is the same as the leapers in Scared Stiff. It is noted in the Dead Flip reveal stream.

#1102 4 years ago

New code:

V0.88.0 - Dec. 3, 2019
======================

- Fixed issues with the house ramp and diverter motors, esp. when the
interlock switch disables the power to the node boards, which results
in a loss of communication to the boards.
- Fixed the "UNSELECTED" icon for trunk test; it was the same as the
"SELECTED" icon.
- Support for the headphone kit was missing. This has been corrected.
- Removed unused adjustment and messages.
- Added switch compensation for disabled house ramp diverter; if
disabled, awards for the HOUSE LOCK will be given out on the RAMP OPTO
(due to inaccessibility).
- Added new lamp effects for starting a haunt.
- Improved SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS haunt:
- Added sounds for santa jackpots.
- Added new "hurray for santa claus" music.
- Updated rules.
- Added timer restart for shots made.
- Fixed an issue where the trunk lid would stay open when it should not;
i.e. after a player played trunk multiball and left the multiball with
the trunk lid open, the lid would stay open.
- Improved abruptly changing player score font sizes during BONUS.
- Kept track of previously played deadheads so they will not be repeated
for the same player in a game.
- The background lamp effect for TRUNK MULTIBALL was not displaying the
trunk item lamps that applied to the second multiball properly. This
has been corrected.

#1103 4 years ago

Wow! Two code updates in one day! (JP)

So glad to see the Deadheads fixed. I got Aunt Surly back to back the other day and was thinking that needed to be fixed.
Also glad to see the timer restart on SCCTM. I think I've only completed that haunt once due to the timer running out.
Trunk issue fixed. Yea!
There's your headphone support!

Good update.

Quoted from jfh:

New code:
V0.88.0 - Dec. 3, 2019
======================
- Fixed issues with the house ramp and diverter motors, esp. when the
interlock switch disables the power to the node boards, which results
in a loss of communication to the boards.
- Fixed the "UNSELECTED" icon for trunk test; it was the same as the
"SELECTED" icon.
- Support for the headphone kit was missing. This has been corrected.
- Removed unused adjustment and messages.
- Added switch compensation for disabled house ramp diverter; if
disabled, awards for the HOUSE LOCK will be given out on the RAMP OPTO
(due to inaccessibility).
- Added new lamp effects for starting a haunt.
- Improved SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS haunt:
- Added sounds for santa jackpots.
- Added new "hurray for santa claus" music.
- Updated rules.
- Added timer restart for shots made.
- Fixed an issue where the trunk lid would stay open when it should not;
i.e. after a player played trunk multiball and left the multiball with
the trunk lid open, the lid would stay open.
- Improved abruptly changing player score font sizes during BONUS.
- Kept track of previously played deadheads so they will not be repeated
for the same player in a game.
- The background lamp effect for TRUNK MULTIBALL was not displaying the
trunk item lamps that applied to the second multiball properly. This
has been corrected.

#1104 4 years ago

It doesn’t look like the new code fixed the error with the trunk freezing up with two balls in it and going to ball search causing modes to time out. Why didn’t they address that???

#1105 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It doesn’t look like the new code fixed the error with the trunk freezing up with two balls in it and going to balls search causing modes to time out. Why didn’t they address that???

Because maybe they didn’t know about it in time to add it to what they were working on or haven’t been able to code/test a fix yet.

Or maybe it’s fixed and not mentioned in the readme.

#1106 4 years ago

First game on 0.88 I finally beat Santa Claus. Hooray!

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

They are supposed to hit the glass. Scared stiff is the same way. You can add rubber rings on the bottom or other limiting actions to stop it. Raise the play field and take a look at the mech. I highly doubt the gargoyles can damage the glass.

SS was designed to not hit the glass - the leapers had rubber stoppers installed on the metal sticks below playfield to shorten their leap. If you let them hit the glass repeatedly you'd eventually break the threaded mount out of the molded plastic frog

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

SS was designed to not hit the glass - the leapers had rubber stoppers installed on the metal sticks below playfield to shorten their leap. If you let them hit the glass repeatedly you'd eventually break the threaded mount out of the molded plastic frog

That's not true. The rubber stoppers were designed to keep the frogs in check when the glass was off. They should hit the glass, it is part of the fun.

#1109 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am on .87 code and all my switches are working fine, as mentioned earlier my first ball enters trunk and locks fine, but second ball enters and does not push first ball forward. I am wondering if I could get a picture of a properly working trunk with one ball in it?

Here's a pic of one ball in a working trunk, hope it helps...

IMG_1932 (resized).jpgIMG_1932 (resized).jpg
#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rock_ninja:

Here's a pic of one ball in a working trunk, hope it helps...[quoted image]

That helps a bunch, thanks!

#1111 4 years ago

Just tested code 0,88. Trunk should be working now.
Closes when it shouldn't be open AND
when ball 1 comes in from the ramp OR from playfield, it's registered by switch in trunk.
When ball 2 comes in from PLAYFIELD it's registered by opto in front of trunk.
When ball 2 comes in from RAMP, it's registered when two opto's have seen it, the opto in ramp entrance + the opto just behind the corner in top of ramp.
That's perfect and how it should be.
So the opto in front of trunk is only used for when a ball comes in from playfield, and first ball doesn't has to be pushed forward by second ball anymore when coming from ramp
I hope it keeps working in game and balls don't get stuck when kickout didn't work or something, just tested manually now.

#1112 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you kindly post a photo of the anti air ball plastic?
Our game arrives tomorrow!

Here is a picture of the protector.

2019-12-06 01.06.45 (resized).jpg2019-12-06 01.06.45 (resized).jpg
#1113 4 years ago

Cool, can't wait till mine arrives...

#1114 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

We have had our Premium since early this week and are now ready to show some of our mods. All are plug and play and install in just a few minutes. I apologize for some of the pictures, my camera is really struggling with the LEDs. The mods are not harsh or washed out in person.

The first is a large hand-painted tombstone with a skull on the front and the eyes light up red. The mod is tied into the skull flasher under the house ramp so when it lights the tombstone eyes lighs.

The second is a hand-painted three-tier lighted tombstone. The mod replaces the upper left ramp flasher (though it can be hooked up and installed other ways) and the eyes will light amber, red and blue when the flasher is active.

The third mod is a lighted bat. The bat is shown mounted along the left ramp. The eyes will be lit solid when the GI is in dim mode and they will flash slowly when the GI is in bright mode. The bat can be mounted over any playfield screw as long as there is room to feed the wire down below the playfield.

All of these plus a few other mods (trough, backboard and backbox mod) are now ready to ship and available on our website (and in our pinside shop shortly). We will also have spotlights and covers for the sling areas available shortly.

IMG_20191206_113828 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_113828 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_121737 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_121737 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190255 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190255 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190251 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190247 (resized).jpgIMG_20191206_190247 (resized).jpg
#1115 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Here is a picture of the protector.[quoted image]

Thanks!

What a nice shooting beautiful game.. A few games in and I am loving this game.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Hi everyone,
We have had our Premium since early this week and are now ready to show some of our mods. All are plug and play and install in just a few minutes. I apologize for some of the pictures, my camera is really struggling with the LEDs. The mods are not harsh or washed out in person.
The first is a large hand-painted tombstone with a skull on the front and the eyes light up red. The mod is tied into the skull flasher under the house ramp so when it lights the tombstone eyes lighs.
The second is a hand-painted three-tier lighted tombstone. The mod replaces the upper left ramp flasher (though it can be hooked up and installed other ways) and the eyes will light amber, red and blue when the flasher is active.
The third mod is a lighted bat. The bat is shown mounted along the left ramp. The eyes will be lit solid when the GI is in dim mode and they will flash slowly when the GI is in bright mode. The bat can be mounted over any playfield screw as long as there is room to feed the wire down below the playfield.
All of these plus a few other mods (trough, backboard and backbox mod) are now ready to ship and available on our website (and in our pinside shop shortly). We will also have spotlights and covers for the sling areas available shortly.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really want to like your stuff but I think you missed the mark on these. They seem way out of place. The scale and color are both off in my opinion.

#1117 4 years ago

A quick Video, I haven't had much time for programming on it so far but wanted to get this out there.
This one like some of my other Stern LED BackBox Kits [Iron Maiden, Star Wars and Ghost Busters] have over 250 RGB Programmable LED's [over 750 individually controlled LED's].

SW, IMDN and GB run about a 30 second loop of Arduino programming - EHoH will be about the same.

Colors are much brighter than shown, the LED's REALLY bleach out EHoH's colors

Enjoy !

#1118 4 years ago

So the new code is great. There are a ton of more call outs with Elvira. On some movie haunts she now says a call out on every shot really cool.

#1119 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Here is a picture of the protector.[quoted image]

What is the issue with air balls? I bought this protector thinking I would need it but I never have balls fly off the end of the left ramp. What are you guys with air balls experiencing?

#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

What is the issue with air balls? I bought this protector thinking I would need it but I never have balls fly off the end of the left ramp. What are you guys with air balls experiencing?

I have a very early game (10/1/2019) and a hot shot on the left ramp would jump over the end of the ramp and out of play (sometimes). It is possible that Stern fixed the issue.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The new code appears to have full power on the flippers . There seems to be no flipper coil power adjustment? Where is it ?

#1122 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I really want to like your stuff but I think you missed the mark on these. They seem way out of place. The scale and color are both off in my opinion.

Thanks, the feedback is appreciated, good or bad. I actually think the color works pretty well. I can try to scale it down a little.

#1123 4 years ago

I installed a shaker tonight, not very active. Hope they make some changes in the code to make it more interactive.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I installed a shaker tonight, not very active. Hope they make some changes in the code to make it more interactive.

My LE already has a factory shaker installed ? Why put in a second one ?

#1125 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

He doesn’t have an LE.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He doesn’t have an LE.

Oh ok poor buggar!

#1127 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I also (luckily) never have airballs, nr40.

#1128 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

I have a premium. Is yours active?

Quoted from Wakky:

Oh ok poor buggar!

Actually, richer buggar, saved $1600 over the LE.

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a premium. Is yours active?

Actually, richer buggar, saved $1600 over the LE.

Yep shaker works on mine but only on certain multi ball modes.
Rather the le the artwork looks nicer and so does that back glass . Worth every cent!

#1130 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Software is not finished yet, I'm sure they'll make it work more often. For now only on superjackpots it seems.

#1131 4 years ago

Had one of the gargoyle brackets fly off mid game. Roll pin came out somehow, pressed it back in and seems good now. Kind of odd. Really liking the game, just a lot of fun. Much better than the Munsters. Got to what I think is a mini wizard mode, house half completed.

#1132 4 years ago

Put Elvira Premium on location last night, played perfect for 10 games and then the ramp stopped moving all together. Went into the test mode and tried running the ramp motor and nothing happened. Checked all the wiring and plugs, pulled on the wires attached to the motor, nothing was out of whack. Still no ramp. Tried the other motors in the game and they all worked. Tried to disable the ramp motor in the settings thinking that would still allow all the people that came up to play it to still get a taste. But the ball kept getting stuck under the ramp when something else in the house would kick it under there. So I went back to the settings and disabled the house diverter and one other item that seemed it could be related (can't think of the name now but it was house something, not the drop). Still the balls would get stuck under the ramp when hitting other house shots or hitting the ramp (when its down of course) and it gets sent back under the ramp. So no one got to play last night. I reached out to the distributor and he said sometimes they get jammed and to try to loosen the ramp motor bracket screws and the screws on the "slot that moves the ramp up an down". I did loosen the screws on the motor bracket and tried some slightly different positions and ran the test again. It moves ever so slightly a couple times then stopped again. I don't see the screws for the "slot that moves it up and down" do i need to take the whole house off? I spent the night and morning trying to read every message in this owners thread for ideas or photos. I did see a post about nylon washers between the ramp and the ramp sides, so i am gona head to the bar and see if mine has those because I don't remember seeing them.

I am not complaining, love the game, just looking for help getting this back in action. Many people are very excited to play this one and we have a tournament today! Any help at all would be appreciated.

#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from ngreenup:

Put Elvira Premium on location last night, played perfect for 10 games and then the ramp stopped moving all together. Went into the test mode and tried running the ramp motor and nothing happened. Checked all the wiring and plugs, pulled on the wires attached to the motor, nothing was out of whack. Still no ramp. Tried the other motors in the game and they all worked. Tried to disable the ramp motor in the settings thinking that would still allow all the people that came up to play it to still get a taste. But the ball kept getting stuck under the ramp when something else in the house would kick it under there. So I went back to the settings and disabled the house diverter and one other item that seemed it could be related (can't think of the name now but it was house something, not the drop). Still the balls would get stuck under the ramp when hitting other house shots or hitting the ramp (when its down of course) and it gets sent back under the ramp. So no one got to play last night. I reached out to the distributor and he said sometimes they get jammed and to try to loosen the ramp motor bracket screws and the screws on the "slot that moves the ramp up an down". I did loosen the screws on the motor bracket and tried some slightly different positions and ran the test again. It moves ever so slightly a couple times then stopped again. I don't see the screws for the "slot that moves it up and down" do i need to take the whole house off? I spent the night and morning trying to read every message in this owners thread for ideas or photos. I did see a post about nylon washers between the ramp and the ramp sides, so i am gona head to the bar and see if mine has those because I don't remember seeing them.
I am not complaining, love the game, just looking for help getting this back in action. Many people are very excited to play this one and we have a tournament today! Any help at all would be appreciated.

Many are experiencing similar issues. TBT this game is engineered very poorly and code is still young so no able to compensate. It appears that quite a few games are also having suspect MPU or node board issues from what we are seeing.

For mechanical things, take apart the entire house and find the opto for that switch under the house. Ensure they are aligned and tighten things down to try and keep them aligned. Next thing is to make sure you get the nylon washer for the ramp flap to keep it centered. Ours did not come with it and stern is not proactive about mailing them. If the ramp gets off center then it jams. Once jammed it won’t self recover. You can go in test mode after the game is power cycled and get it to come down.

Good luck. Honestly, this game is a mess.

#1134 4 years ago

Also, hopefully your ramp did not jam and then burn out the motor trying to go up or down once stuck.

If the ramp does not move in test mode after reboot, then that could have been the death of the motor?

#1135 4 years ago

I just spent some time on it. It does not have the nylon washer installed. Instead it has two metal washers between the ramp and side of ramp. It definitely seems like this is the spot it's binding. I went into the test mode this morning and tried the motor again. Nothing. Then I pressed down the switch that was not being triggered on the ramp motor and tried the test and it worked. So the motor isn't burnt out. I loosened all the screws on the motor bracket again I'm trying to find a position where it wouldn't bind didn't help much. After fiddling with it and going up and down a bunch I was able to get it to work 8 out of 10 times during a game. The other two times the ramp went half way up in the ball got stuck under it. Guessing the nylon washer is what I need. Unfortunately I only have petg washers on hand. The type you use to put under plastics.

#1136 4 years ago

Added some purple spotlights and spotlight covers to the lower playfield. They dim with with GI.
IMG_20191207_170224 (resized).jpgIMG_20191207_170224 (resized).jpg

#1137 4 years ago
Quoted from ngreenup:

I just spent some time on it. It does not have the nylon washer installed. Instead it has two metal washers between the ramp and side of ramp. It definitely seems like this is the spot it's binding. I went into the test mode this morning and tried the motor again. Nothing. Then I pressed down the switch that was not being triggered on the ramp motor and tried the test and it worked. So the motor isn't burnt out. I loosened all the screws on the motor bracket again I'm trying to find a position where it wouldn't bind didn't help much. After fiddling with it and going up and down a bunch I was able to get it to work 8 out of 10 times during a game. The other two times the ramp went half way up in the ball got stuck under it. Guessing the nylon washer is what I need. Unfortunately I only have petg washers on hand. The type you use to put under plastics.

Same boat here.

Contact your distributor and stern to ask for it (sad that you even need to do that)

#1138 4 years ago
Quoted from ngreenup:

I only had about 10 games too and my ramp got stuck in the up position. Tried all sorts of things to try and get it back down, even brute force! Nothing worked.

I feared the worst - that I’d have to get my distro out to fix a brand new game. But after fiddling under the playfield for a while, I noticed a spring that attaches from the motor to the arm that operates the ramp had come off the arm up through the playfield. I managed to push it up through the hole from underneath and the spring grab the small notch on the arm again, and it’s all fixed and working.

That notch is tiny and I reckon the spring will come off again. I’m a bit surprised they are relying on that to stay on to be honest, it seems really flimsy.

But then again, it sounds like I’m the only one that’s has the problem, so maybe I’m just the unlucky one.

Anyway, I haven’t played more than a couple of games since so I will see how it holds up. Really, really love the game. It’s perfect in every way for my taste in game and theme.

#1139 4 years ago

Mine is a November 14 manufacturing date it had the plastic washer. After about 5 to ten games After getting unpacked from the box the screw came out. The washer and screw flew off. After about 3 hours of messing with it I got it all back together yesterday. I put lock tight on the little screw but I just don’t trust it. It needs a better fastener. I’ve put around 30 games on it so far. Looks like the ramp is moving toward the left side now. And it’s starting to bind up a little. I hope it is fixed for good. I just have a strange feeling about it. If it lasts 2000 plays I will be surprised.

#1140 4 years ago

It seems as though the graphics for "Half way through" multiball have gone away with .88 code. I still get the 5(?) ball multiball, but Elvira's congratulatory speech isn't there anymore. Same with everyone? Pity, I really liked that clip.

#1141 4 years ago

Quick question: the skill shot on my game does not work. I cannot get the ball to go in the hole behind the house. Any ideas? I am at 7.5 degrees angle. Could this be the problem? Weird. I have .880 code.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question: the skill shot on my game does not work. I cannot get the ball to go in the hole behind the house. Any ideas? I am at 7.5 degrees angle. Could this be the problem? Weird. I have .880 code.

It takes a lot of finesse to hit the shot.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

It seems as though the graphics for "Half way through" multiball have gone away with .88 code. I still get the 5(?) ball multiball, but Elvira's congratulatory speech isn't there anymore. Same with everyone? Pity, I really liked that clip.

I'm fairly certain it's still there.

#1144 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Make sure you are leveled side to side. I have my pitch at 7.1 degrees and the skill shot is very doable with a little finesse on the plunge.

Edit - also see ahead at post #1151 - apparently some games may also be missing a piece that helps make the skill shot work ...

#1145 4 years ago

I had some trouble with the trunk. I added a small piece of a 1/4" furniture slider inside on the trunk floor just ahead of the coil plunger. Balls lock properly when they are supposed to and both balls eject nicely now at the start of trunk multiball.

trunk (resized).JPGtrunk (resized).JPG
#1146 4 years ago

I seriously can not believe the number of hacks out of the box required to even get this game playable!

I love the ingenuity of us pinheads to find a way but a serious WTF on this game!

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My 2 cents, mods need to integrate and enhance...otherwise they look foreign and just tacked on. The poster the made the mod of the spooky trees is a good example of integration as they really work well with the house...that back right corner screams of needing something...play off the back board art.

#1148 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I had some trouble with the trunk. I added a small piece of a 1/4" furniture slider inside on the trunk floor just ahead of the coil plunger. Balls lock properly when they are supposed to and both balls eject nicely now at the start of trunk multiball.[quoted image]

I am surprised any of the trunks work, I am guessing some owners have trunks that need this fix and don't know about it. Take the glass off drop one ball in the trunk and then a second one on top, rolling naturally down the ramp, into the trunk and see if it kicks the first one forward. If not I like No Quarters idea instead of bending the ball guide like I did. I think the white plunger inside the coil should be sticking out a bit more maybe, that way the second ball entering the trunk has a chance at pushing the first forward. I am very interested on how Stern designed this trunk, and I think this may just be the start of problems folks are having with it.

#1149 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

My 2 cents, mods need to integrate and enhance...otherwise they look foreign and just tacked on. The poster the made the mod of the spooky trees is a good example of integration as they really work well with the house...that back right corner screams of needing something...play off the back board art.

Thx, we actually think they look good in person, and do blend in. If someone wants a set of the tombstones and wants to review them, let me know and I’ll send them no charge. If you don’t like them, just send them back.

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, the feedback is appreciated, good or bad. I actually think the color works pretty well. I can try to scale it down a little.

I agree on the previous posters comments. For example, reduce the 3 skull assembly to 1 skull assembly and darken it a bit and I think it would look very nice on the left ramp. The right ramp tombstone is about 2x too big.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.