20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 360.
#11401 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Scanned and sent!

Thanks Damon, that is exactly what I needed. Installation looks to be very simple.

Gord

#11402 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Sounds like an out of alignment opto. Go into the test menu to see what is triggering.

Usually it's the left or right ramp opto. Not the entrance opto, but the one situated just after the ramp bend. I have to fix the left ramp opto on my game because it's now not working at all.

Rob

#11403 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Usually it's the left or right ramp opto. Not the entrance opto, but the one situated just after the ramp bend. I have to fix the left ramp opto on my game because it's now not working at all.
Rob

I'm having the same problem with mine. It's definitely the top opto at the curve, but unfortunately everybody and their uncle does not have the opto parts in stock. I even got my distributor involved as well as Stern (both American and overseas), but even they are out of stock. Does anybody know who might have the optos in stock somewhere? Miss playing my EHOH.

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I'm having the same problem with mine. It's definitely the top opto at the curve, but unfortunately everybody and their uncle does not have the opto parts in stock. I even got my distributor involved as well as Stern (both American and overseas), but even they are out of stock. Does anybody know who might have the optos in stock somewhere? Miss playing my EHOH.

Which opto is bad, Tx or Rx?

On the EHOH I picked up recently, the Tx opto (520-8115-00) on the haunted house ramp opto was bad (bad IR LED itself and the bracket is bad too), so I was able to kludge in a different Stern Tx Opto (520-6940-00) for now. Had to 3D print a little bracket to turn it 90 degrees, and file the board a hair to avoid the nearby plunger. 3D bracket uses existing screw holes, and the opto itself is held in place w/two zip ties. But it's working great until the correct opto and bracket gets back in stock. Picture below before filing the board for more clearance.

At the same time, I also ordered some Tx IR surface mount LED's from Digikey, but haven't tried them since the kludge is reliable. Stern wouldn't tell me the LED vendor part number, so a little bit of a WAG on my end if the wavelength is correct.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11405 1 year ago

New Game Code ! (Mainly Home Team Feature)

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Standard Adjust #51 or within Guided Setup.
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
Find out more about Home Team at http://insider.sternpinball.com.
- Fixed rare instance where score could end in 5 instead of 0
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.0.0
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
a REPLAY level (if REPLAY AWARD is set to CREDIT)
a SPECIAL (if SPECIAL AWARD is set to CREDIT)
Grand Champion/High Score (if HIGH SCORE AWARD is set to CREDIT
a match (if MATCH AWARD is set to CREDIT)
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
will decrease the number of REPLAY levels available.
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some instances.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power On Time". This is a lifetime audit of the
hours, minutes, seconds the machine has been powered on. This lifetime audit
will start accumulating with this update.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
A machine must be unregister from an Insider Connected account prior to being
added to a new account. Hilighting and selecting "Yes, unregister this game."
will unregister the game from your account.
- Stern Insider Connect Setup Screens:
IP, network name, and WiFi signal strength displayed in top corners of display.
- Added Net->About->Events page
This page will display:
The current date and time
The date and time the game was recently powered on
The play count since powered on
The coin count since powered on
The paid credit count since powered on
The service credit count since powered on
The coin door open count since powered on
The tilt count since powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered on
The date and time the game was previous powered off
The lifetime power on count
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Update Install Competition: set "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "NEVER".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
and Free Play is set to No.
The coin door for Italy with a MECHANICAL acceptor is configured:
left coin switch: EUR 0.50
center coin switch: EUR 0.10
right coin switch: EUR 0.50
4th coin switch: EUR 0.10
5th coin switch: EUR 0
6th coin switch: EUR 0
The coin door for Italy with a Electronic acceptor is configured:
center coin switch: EUR 1.00
right coin switch: EUR 2.00
4th coin switch: EUR 0.20
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
Hide "Game Pricing" when "Free Play" is set to Yes.
Add translation strings for some top level selections.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with
Verified Location if the machine is registered to a pro account.

#11406 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================
- Game changes
- Added Home Team
The Home Team features allows Insider Connected players to log in and play without scanning their QR code.
When the game is registered to a home location and set to Free Play, Home Team may be enabled via
Up to 8 players can be added to the Home Team from the Stern Insider Connected Setup menu.
The Home Team can be shared across all games registered at the game's location by enabling the
Home Team Standard Adjustment on each game. Players need only be added once to the Home Team.
Players can be later removed from the Home Team, and guests may be temporarily added to the Home Team.
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer
- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
- Correct the replay score boost when Standard Adjustment REPLAY TYPE is set to DYNAMIC.
All REPLAY LEVELS for all players are potentially immediately incremented instead of only replay level 1.
- Correct Standard Adjustment FREE PLAY LIMIT. Previously this adjustment would not be honored
in all circumstances. FREE PLAY LIMIT sets the maximum number of free games which a
player can win during a game. Once the FREE PLAY LIMIT is reached, a player will not receive
a free game from:
The default setting for FREE PLAY LIMIT is 5 games (per player per game played).
NOTE setting the FREE PLAY LIMIT to a value less than the number of REPLAY LEVELS
- Fix redundant sound effect when scanning into Insider Connected in some instances.
- Added the ability to unregister a machine via the Stern Insider Connected menu.
This page will display:
- Update the factory default value of "ALLOW LEFT+START TO END GAME" to "FREE PLAY ONLY".
- Added new Standard Adjustment "COIN ACCEPTOR" whose value can be "MECHANICAL" or "ELECTRONIC", and
default value is "MECHANICAL". This adjustment is only available when the Country is set to Italy
- Guided Setup
Added "Coin Acceptor" setting, only available when Country is set to Italy and "Free Play" is No.
- Fix game reboot issue at power on with coindoor interlock switch in the open position.
- Insider Connected attract mode screen updated to display the location name and green check mark with

Looks like no actual gameplay changes/additions except the Free Game limits.

#11407 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ya I wish they’d put some effort into coding the existing unused assets, wishful thinking. Maybe do I dare say a $ chargeable update…. Highly unlikely though

#11408 1 year ago

Also the random score ending in 5 instead of 0. So progress!

#11409 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================
- Game changes
- Added Home Team
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer
- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
a free game from:
This page will display:
- Guided Setup

Meh... both to this update and Insider Connect. Not worth my time.

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Ya I wish they’d put some effort into coding the existing unused assets, wishful thinking. Maybe do I dare say a $ chargeable update…. Highly unlikely though

Well, who's going to have the guts to continue Lyman's last coding job?
It's one thing to add some IC features to all the games, it's another to try and continue the master's work.

Unless they have notes from him on what was left to do?

I'd pay for a massive update to the code too....... I don't know if it'd be good for Stern to know that or not.

#11411 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Meh... both to this update and Insider Connect. Not worth my time.

Yeah - who in their right mind would want to be in the Borg Collective? Insider connect isn’t for me.

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

thats where this IC is headed.We already bought the machines updates should be free.IMO

#11413 1 year ago

So everyone with a home game can pitch that stupid Stern Connect appoll aparatus and go back to a cool place card! Deduct $50 from my order and just give me the regular apron thank you with automatic connect.

#11414 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I would love to at least fix the haunt description texts. I'd do it for free!

Rob

#11415 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It's one thing to add some IC features to all the games, it's another to try and continue the master's work.
I'd pay for a massive update to the code too....... I don't know if it'd be good for Stern to know that or not.

Lyman left Stern long before his untimely passing. I recall somebody noting he did hand over the game code and plans to someone else at Stern, who had intended to follow with updates. Has Stern pushed any updates at all since the announcement of the 40th anniversary version? That’s exactly when they should have pushed something

#11416 1 year ago

For what's left to be done, I thought I heard someone say Cassandra taped some digital assets for all the movies referenced in the game. For example The Wasp Woman is shown on the backglass, but does not have an associated haunt or mode.

So I would love to at least see all the stuff Cassandra Produced in studio for the game. And if Stern ever opened up the code for community development I'm sure plenty of talented people could contribute. But its tricky with what probably be warranty issues for people running the "custom" code.

#11417 1 year ago

The game is done. I wouldn't expect any game code updates except IC from now on.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from PinStalker:

#11418 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The game is done. I wouldn't expect any game code updates except IC from now on.

Sadly,I believe this is true. Greg has lobbied George to get programming resources to finish a couple things he and Lyman wanted to see in the code but he didn’t seem optimistic it was going to happen.

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

For what's left to be done, I thought I heard someone say Cassandra taped some digital assets for all the movies referenced in the game. For example The Wasp Woman is shown on the backglass, but does not have an associated haunt or mode.
So I would love to at least see all the stuff Cassandra Produced in studio for the game. And if Stern ever opened up the code for community development I'm sure plenty of talented people could contribute. But its tricky with what probably be warranty issues for people running the "custom" code.

Any extra modes could easily just be put into the window that requires a key. There is already three haunts in there, why not add more?

#11420 1 year ago

Elvira is done. It is all but retired now. Stern isn’t going to sink anymore time or money into the title. It is a great game. Could it be better? Yes. But, it isn’t going to happen.

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Any extra modes could easily just be put into the window that requires a key. There is already three haunts in there, why not add more?

Because they would need to devote time and resources to finish coding it, testing it, documenting it, and distributing it. Those same resources that could be put on other games in the development.

From a purely business aspect the game is probably alrrady backordered for more units than the will will produce for its last run later this year. If thats the case, there wpuld be no business reason for them to do anything more than just produce what already exists with no changes.

I'd love to see more Elvira code but just don't see it happening unfortunately.

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Because they would need to devote time and resources to finish coding it, testing it, documenting it, and distributing it. Those same resources that could be put on other games in the development.
From a purely business aspect the game is probably alrrady backordered for more units than the will will produce for its last run later this year. If thats the case, there wpuld be no business reason for them to do anything more than just produce what already exists with no changes.

With ic maybe they’ll explore paid expansions in the future. Then it could suddenly make business sense to create new content for older games. License terms would be the only blocker there but I’m sure this has to be one of the motivations for developing ic in the first place…

#11423 1 year ago

No,stop it.They get paid when we buy the machine.

#11424 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

In no way do I expect the game to get any more code updates other than basic QOL and bugfixes.

That being said, I do think there are some scenarios in which they could though. It's just really unlikely.

I could see Stern trying to push new DLC with IC. They've already experimented with additional paid content with things like the JJP topper. This isn't out of scope for them.

I also could see them doing it as a tribute to Lyman. From what we've seen from CGC, Lyman took very detailed notes that left almost no room for interpretation. Hence, any intern could fairly easily implement a mode he thought of but never got around to.

#11425 1 year ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================
- Game changes
- Added Home Team
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer
- System changes
- Updated to System 3.19
a free game from:
This page will display:
- Guided Setup

safe to assume this game is never actually getting updated with anything useful for gameplay.

#11426 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

No,stop it.They get paid when we buy the machine.

We pay big bucks for unfinished games and wait patiently for updates we already basically paid for.

#11427 1 year ago

I have been calling around to various Stern dealers to get on a wait list for an EHOH premium which are supposed to be made again this fall. I just spoke with a representative of FUN! BILLIARDS AND GAMEROOM SUPERSTORE and she confirmed that Stern has a November run of EHOH scheduled and that it costs $500 for a non-refundable deposit to get on the wait list.

She said that if I do not get a game then the $500 would be refunded. However if I find a game in the next 3 months from another vendor then the $500 will not be refunded.

I am a little hesitant to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit on an EHOH premium. If the deposit was refundable I would have already put my $500 down. I have put my name in with a couple of other Stern dealers for an EHOH premium who did not require a deposit.

I am guessing that is the normal process where a deposit is required, but is it normal for the deposit to be non-refundable?

Thanks.

Gord

#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I have been calling around to various Stern dealers to get on a wait list for an EHOH premium which are supposed to be made again this fall. I just spoke with a representative of FUN! BILLIARDS AND GAMEROOM SUPERSTORE and she confirmed that Stern has a November run of EHOH scheduled and that it costs $500 for a non-refundable deposit to get on the wait list.
She said that if I do not get a game then the $500 would be refunded. However if I find a game in the next 3 months from another vendor then the $500 will not be refunded.
I am a little hesitant to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit on an EHOH premium. If the deposit was refundable I would have already put my $500 down. I have put my name in with a couple of other Stern dealers for an EHOH premium who did not require a deposit.
I am guessing that is the normal process where a deposit is required, but is it normal for the deposit to be non-refundable?
Thanks.
Gord

It's not typical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the norm to keep people from being on multiple lists at different dealers.
The real question is if they think you'd get one if you put down the non-refundable deposit.

I think it's going to be hard to get an EHOH, unless they make a ton of them for the final run.
I have two paid deposits out there just sitting, and not sure either one will pan out.
If Stern would release the production numbers for Nov and tell the dealers what they're getting it'd be easy to know about getting one.
Not the dealers fault, they're in a tough spot.

#11429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

It's not typical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes the norm to keep people from being on multiple lists at different dealers.
The real question is if they think you'd get one if you put down the non-refundable deposit.
I think it's going to be hard to get an EHOH, unless they make a ton of them for the final run.
I have two paid deposits out there just sitting, and not sure either one will pan out.
If Stern would release the production numbers for Nov and tell the dealers what they're getting it'd be easy to know about getting one.
Not the dealers fault, they're in a tough spot.

Thanks for the response. I don't know the likelihood of getting a NIB EHOH premium if I put down a non-refundable deposit, but if I do then I am pretty much locked into that one vendor for the game unless I want to forfeit my deposit.

Gord

#11430 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Thanks for the response. I don't know the likelihood of getting a NIB EHOH premium if I put down a non-refundable deposit, but if I do then I am pretty much locked into that one vendor for the game unless I want to forfeit my deposit.
Gord

FlipnOut pinball told me Dec/Jan now. If they even decide to rerun the game. Used ones are overpriced in my opinion. J

#11431 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

FlipnOut pinball told me Dec/Jan now. If they even decide to rerun the game. Used ones are overpriced in my opinion. J

Have they committed to a price point for their next run?

If memory serves me right, EHOH always costed just over $1k more than other premiums before the price hike.

I fully expect the next run to have an MSRP of over $10k.

#11432 1 year ago

If memory serves me right, EHOH always costed just over $1k more than other premiums before the price hike.

Dealers are still working off the expectation of 9K, unless that changes. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Part of me is hoping for a 40th Light (12k-15k) in addition to the final premiums, but that's just a fantasy. I'd like to have a mirrored backglass, but not spending 25K for one. There's still 40th's out there unsold. They shot a little too high on that one (IMO). Beautiful game though, I'd love to have one.

#11433 1 year ago

I am afraid if Elvira slips the November built slot at the factory it will never be made again. None of the vendors I deal with are even taking orders for the game now.

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I am afraid if Elvira slips the November built slot at the factory it will never be made again. None of the vendors I deal with are even taking orders for the game now.

I'm with you. I had mine listed to cover a couple new games coming in... but just pulled the ad after speculating it could become too hard to re-acquire in the future. Hopefully Stern can crank out a bunch to cover everybody that still wants one, it's a killer game!

#11435 1 year ago

I was quoted $8699 early in the year but that won’t hold up. I think they will be at $9k ish or 10k. That’s a good price point since used is over 12k & you don’t know what your getting. Also thought Stern had parts issues. After playing EHOH I didn’t like the game delays for the movie clips. My buddy who has it just loves it. Right now I went with BKSOR which is lightning fast & the SS is more satisfying for a Elvira pin. But I believe $10k is more than fair.

#11436 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I was quoted $8699 early in the year but that won’t hold up. I think they will be at $9k ish or 10k. That’s a good price point since used is over 12k & you don’t know what your getting. Also thought Stern had parts issues. After playing EHOH I didn’t like the game delays for the movie clips. My buddy who has it just loves it. Right now I went with BKSOR which is lightning fast & the SS is more satisfying for a Elvira pin. But I believe $10k is more than fair.

You do know you can skip the movie clips by pressing both flippers don’t you?

#11437 1 year ago

FlipNOut has it listed on their site at $9,899 for the premium. Not sure if that is just a placeholder but I would believe it.

#11438 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

My deposits were at the $8699 rate, but I've seen it listed by dealers at 9K (before they stopped taking deposits - and most of them have stopped).

One dealer told up it could be as long as Feb or March before it goes on the line, but I think they will do one more run. They did GOTG just to get rid of parts, I think they have spare parts to use up for EHOH as well. I just hope they will have spares for the years to come: a mech heavy game like this will have more broken stuff over time.

I bet what's going to happen is: Stern will call around, ask the dealers how many are presold, and then make that many. No extras..... and that'll be it.

#11439 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You do know you can skip the movie clips by pressing both flippers don’t you?

No I didn’t know that. I don’t own the game. Even at $9899 that’s still a good price for EHOH with insider connect.

#11440 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

No I didn’t know that. I don’t own the game. Even at $9899 that’s still a good price for EHOH with insider connect.

It's a feature. You can take a drink of your beer and watch the clips or double flip and keep going.

#11441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Dealers are still working off the expectation of 9K, unless that changes. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised either.
Part of me is hoping for a 40th Light (12k-15k) in addition to the final premiums, but that's just a fantasy. I'd like to have a mirrored backglass, but not spending 25K for one. There's still 40th's out there unsold. They shot a little too high on that one (IMO). Beautiful game though, I'd love to have one.

I can tell you they are beautiful game and very happy I got my hands on a 40th. Now I didn't pay 25k or 36k like some did. I will not be surprised if Stern announces the game has been archived, the remaining 40th out there would be scooped up in seconds. IMO, Stern was on a kick making 4 games a year before covid, they have released what...6 games in almost 3 years? Something tells me they probably have 3 or 4 titles ready to release at anytime. Maybe they do a vault in a couple years as a filler...I think the code is going to remain as Lyman left it and no longer touched. IDK...maybe I am way off with my thinking...

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

FlipNOut has it listed on their site at $9,899 for the premium. Not sure if that is just a placeholder but I would believe it.

I was told by a distro last week that they are will be marking up games on a graded system from here on out. I expect many dealers will be doing the same very soon if not already. MSPR for the 1st half of an allotment, 10% extra for the 3rd quarter of an allotment, 20% extra for the last quarter.

The dealers are going to be the flippers, and who can blame them? They sell at MSRP and see the game they just sold go for thousands more the next day on Pinside. You already see the dealers doing that with the accessories, especially the toppers.

Look at the IM topper: It was $400 and now it's $900 for the rerelease. How much of that is dealer padding? The build is still that of a $400 topper.
The last EHOH toppers before it sold out again was $1200 at the dealers....... it was a $1000 topper. When there was none, a few dealers were selling held back stock at $1800.

Dealer Scalping...... and I think Stern is encouraging them to do so.

#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

safe to assume this game is never actually getting updated with anything useful for gameplay.

I just barely updated to 1.3. I don't see the need to upgrade to 1.4 since I don't have or care about IC. Can anyone summarize what was added (if anything ) in the 1.3 update?

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I just barely updated to 1.3. I don't see the need to upgrade to 1.4 since I don't have or care about IC. Can anyone summarize what was added (if anything ) in the 1.3 update?

Below are the change log notes for both version 1.4 and version 1.3.

* STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* (C) COPYRIGHT 2016-2022 STERN PINBALL, INC. *
* ELVIRA'S HOUSE OF HORRORS *

V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================

- Game changes
- Added Home Team
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer

- System changes
- Updated to System 3.20
a free game from:
This page will display:
- Guided Setup

V1.03.0 - Nov. 22, 2021
=======================

System - Updated to V2.97.0
- Updated to Spike 2 OS V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0
- Added Connectivity support for Spike 2 games
- Added Standard Adjustments:
- "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
- "SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
- "ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough
players to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
- "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS"- set brightness of LCD display.
- Added Standard Audits:
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- "TOTAL POWER ONS" - display the number of times the machine has been power cycled.
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
- "1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
- "2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
- "3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
- "4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
- "ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- LOGIN behavior:
- When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
- When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
- When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- GAME RESTART behavior: Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater
will follow the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment:
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I was told by a distro last week that they are will be marking up games on a graded system from here on out. I expect many dealers will be doing the same very soon if not already. MSPR for the 1st half of an allotment, 10% extra for the 3rd quarter of an allotment, 20% extra for the last quarter.
The dealers are going to be the flippers, and who can blame them? They sell at MSRP and see the game they just sold go for thousands more the next day on Pinside. You already see the dealers doing that with the accessories, especially the toppers.
Look at the IM topper: It was $400 and now it's $900 for the rerelease. How much of that is dealer padding? The build is still that of a $400 topper.
The last EHOH toppers before it sold out again was $1200 at the dealers....... it was a $1000 topper. When there was none, a few dealers were selling held back stock at $1800.
Dealer Scalping...... and I think Stern is encouraging them to do so.

Well, the market is slowly shifting and I see the scalping days numbered as inflation takes its toll and we likely enter a recession. I'm not sure inflated prices from dealers will be received well in any market but I don't see that model as sustainable for much longer. A rebate system will be more likely a year from now.

#11446 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Below are the change log notes for both version 1.4 and version 1.3.
V1.04.0 - Aug. 2, 2022
======================
- Game changes
- Added Home Team
- Updated Game Mode menu
- Updated DJ Mixer
- System changes
- Updated to System 3.20
a free game from:
This page will display:
- Guided Setup
V1.03.0 - Nov. 22, 2021
=======================
System - Updated to V2.97.0
- Updated to Spike 2 OS V2.4.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.80.0
- Added Connectivity support for Spike 2 games
- Added Standard Adjustments:
- "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR"
- "SINGLE CREDIT" - One start button press will start a one player game.
- "ALL LOGGED IN" - One start button press will start games for enough
players to accommodate all logged-in users (Default).
- "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" - Login screen timeout (Default 30 seconds)
- "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" - Play Again screen timeout (Default 20 seconds)
- "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS"- set brightness of LCD display.
- Added Standard Audits:
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- "TOTAL POWER ONS" - display the number of times the machine has been power cycled.
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS SCANNED" - display the number successful user QR code scans
- "CONNECTIVITY USERS JOINED" - display the number of users that joined a connected game.
- "1 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 1 logged-in users
- "2 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 2 logged-in users
- "3 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 3 logged-in users
- "4 INSIDER GAMES" - display the number of games played with 4 logged-in users
- "ACHIEVEMENTS GIVEN" - display the number of achievements awarded
- LOGIN behavior:
- When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
- When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
- When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- GAME RESTART behavior: Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater
will follow the "START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" adjustment:
If ("GAME RESTART" == "YES") and ("START BUTTON BEHAVIOR" == "ALL LOGGED IN")
holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary number
of players, the the game will not be restarted.
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update, a
screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will
be displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter
button.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.

Thank you! Reading that reminds me why I was in zero rush to update code. Not much there except for IC.

#11447 1 year ago

Just recently got an EHOH. Loving it but the game will randomly reset after playing for about 30 min. Cuts right back on and then plays fine again. Tried to search for it but didn’t find any results. Anyone else have this issue?

#11448 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Just recently got an EHOH. Loving it but the game will randomly reset after playing for about 30 min. Cuts right back on and then plays fine again. Tried to search for it but didn’t find any results. Anyone else have this issue?

Either your power supply is dropping below 48v (check with multimeter at power distribution board), or you have a GI short under the flipper plates. Unplug the lower GI from the node board and see if you still get resets.

#11449 1 year ago

I like how all the posts are doom and gloom about another run of ehoh when Stern is still freakin making star wars from ages ago and dead pool. Come on?

#11450 1 year ago

Elvira was supposed to be made in Nov 2021. They didn't. They pumped out insanely priced 40th anniversary editions for people at some point. Now we are getting rumors of bumps in 2022? No other game has has that.

Also from what I've read they cancelled all orders from Europe.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carpentersville, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/229?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.