IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 363.
#11301 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

When shooting the house to start a mode, my ball is being immediately released out back instead of being held while the Elvira video plays. Is that normal?

No. I had the same issue out of the box with mine. If memory serves, it is likely the post and opto behind the house is misaligned or out of whack (it is behind the back wall of the pin).

#11302 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

OK, maybe I'll reconsider installing a Pinwoofer GT in EHOH. I know it made a huge difference on Wonka LE which had no bass whatsoever.

Sound effects are great now. And it cleaned up elviras voice, which I always thought sounded hollow, compared to others in game. But def worth the coin to do it

#11303 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Sound effects are great now. And it cleaned up elviras voice, which I always thought sounded hollow, compared to others in game. But def worth the coin to do it

Does it improve the vocals from the movie scenes? That is the sound element that annoys me the most as I have often have trouble understanding them (Manster mode is prime example).

#11304 1 year ago

Let’s go November. I am so ready to join the club. I placed my order back in April of last year, and getting anxious. I really hope Stern doesn’t have another price increase before. lol.

#11305 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Let’s go November. I am so ready to join the club. I placed my order back in April of last year, and getting anxious. I really hope Stern doesn’t have another price increase before. lol.

Cant wait! Only 4-5 months to go.

#11306 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Same. May 2021 here as well. My distro says I'm 3rd on the list, so chances are good that we'll get one.

#11307 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought ehoh sounded good as is too,then I swapped a pinwoofer in just to see if it was worth the upgrade. It sounds amazing, wish I did it 2 years ago

Damn it,
Now I need to do this

#11308 1 year ago

Interesting how the toppers have remained available at dealers for a few weeks now.
I thought these would have sold out (again), but that hasn't happened.

Did demand collapse? Or did Stern make a ton of these things this time?
My distro said they had 30 EHOH toppers ordered and they received a handful (I was very happy to get one), but that suggests it's demand that has gone down dramatically.

I'm SUPER HAPPY the filthy scalpers can't get a penny over MSRP on these now. Proves that increasing supply is the answer to those ridiculous prices.
Now we just need more machines and the used market can go back below NIB. Won't that be nice?

#11309 1 year ago

I think either demand paused with those hoping to be in the November run wait to see if they are going to get a game or those still looking for a topper don’t realize they are available now at MSRP.

#11310 1 year ago

Game Exchange in Colorado had a bunch at MSRP. A+ seller

#11311 1 year ago

You guys are cracking me up. I must be a different breed. I have had an Elivra on order since last May, and I pretend that I'm not getting it at all. I'm still not even sure they will make them. Then when I see topper talk, I think "Damn its $1000!" lol. : ) I guess I'm a pinball penny pincher.

#11312 1 year ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

You guys are cracking me up. I must be a different breed. I have had an Elivra on order since last May, and I pretend that I'm not getting it at all. I'm still not even sure they will make them. Then when I see topper talk, I think "Damn its $1000!" lol. : ) I guess I'm a pinball penny pincher.

I'm waiting for my EHOH also and have two deposits floating around out there (figured this will be the last run)..... but I had an interesting conversation with the second distro I put a deposit at: His deposit was non-refundable (that they were VERY upfront about it), and I said "this is the last run, you're giving me my money back if I don't get allocation from you in Nov" and his response was "Yes, if it is the last run, but there is no indication this is the last run. These EHOH's sell so well that I'm expecting them to be made for a couple years still. Stern has not even hinted to me this is going out of production".

Considering Stern actually doing last calls on GOTG and LZ, maybe he is right. Maybe it isn't the year that will end EHOH but next Halloween. Sheesh, imagine waiting three years to get your Stern game? That's on par with the boutiques.

#11313 1 year ago

Hey guys new to the Elvira Club. Got it last Thursday. I am having an issue with the exit house up/down post. When I turn on the machine that coil fires 15 times. Then when I start a game and shoot up the ramp into the house that exit post is down then after a couple seconds the machines goes into a ball search then releases the ball when the coil fires. I am getting an error on the display that say House lockup DEVICE MALFUNCTION. Anyone have this issue ? I tested the opto exiting the house and it seems to work fine. When I go into the coil test that exit post coil fires fine. Any ideas ?

109E9BAB-A9A9-489F-B3EB-8166D5A64329 (resized).jpeg109E9BAB-A9A9-489F-B3EB-8166D5A64329 (resized).jpeg
#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Hey guys new to the Elvira Club. Got it last Thursday. I am having an issue with the exit house up/down post. When I turn on the machine that coil fires 15 times. Then when I start a game and shoot up the ramp into the house that exit post is down then after a couple seconds the machines goes into a ball search then releases the ball when the coil fires. I am getting an error on the display that say House lockup DEVICE MALFUNCTION. Anyone have this issue ? I tested the opto exiting the house and it seems to work fine. When I go into the coil test that exit post coil fires fine. Any ideas ?
[quoted image]

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread (click on keypost to put them in order). You want the TECH:PLAYFIELD House Lock Fix one. See if that's your issue...

#11315 1 year ago
Quoted from murfe88:

[quoted image]

If your post in the subway behind the house is firing rapidly then the opto for it has likely gone a bit out of alignment. If you put the machine in switch test mode while you adjust the alignment of the opto it makes getting it lined up correctly a lot easier. Keep adjusting and tightening it until it’s not registering in switch test.

#11316 1 year ago

Awesome thank you. Did exactly what you said and realign the opto and working perfectly now.

Now I need to fix the ball dribbling out of the VUK. I did the show topic index and found there is a fix for the VUK .

Quoted from EaglePin:

If your post in the subway behind the house is firing rapidly then the opto for it has likely gone a bit out of alignment. If you put the machine in switch test mode while you adjust the alignment of the opto it makes getting it lined up correctly a lot easier. Keep adjusting and tightening it until it’s not registering in switch test.

#11317 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I'm waiting for my EHOH also and have two deposits floating around out there (figured this will be the last run)..... but I had an interesting conversation with the second distro I put a deposit at: His deposit was non-refundable (that they were VERY upfront about it), and I said "this is the last run, you're giving me my money back if I don't get allocation from you in Nov" and his response was "Yes, if it is the last run, but there is no indication this is the last run. These EHOH's sell so well that I'm expecting them to be made for a couple years still. Stern has not even hinted to me this is going out of production".
Considering Stern actually doing last calls on GOTG and LZ, maybe he is right. Maybe it isn't the year that will end EHOH but next Halloween. Sheesh, imagine waiting three years to get your Stern game? That's on par with the boutiques.

I think the license is up. Going beyond this next run would require an extension and I doubt that will happen.

#11318 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the license is up. Going beyond this next run would require an extension and I doubt that will happen.

Seems like previous licenses were good for three years and I believe they started making these in November 2019. If that is the case here, and I have no idea if true, end of this year would be it.

#11319 1 year ago

Why would Cassandra give up free money? I mean, she already did the work. Why not just sign the paper to extend the license?

#11320 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Why would Cassandra give up free money? I mean, she already did the work. Why not just sign the paper to extend the license?

That is only one piece of the pie. Stern has new and more popular games in higher demand and only so much factory capacity. It doesn’t make sense for them to extend the license in my opinion.

#11321 1 year ago

That is only one piece of the pie. Stern has new and more popular games in higher demand and only so much factory capacity. It doesn’t make sense for them to extend the license in my opinion.

That's just it. I don't think there are many games that are in higher demand, it's just that Stern hasn't made more of them. I mean, c'mon, they were selling a 40th Anniversary Edition for $30K ffs! Godzilla is about the only other game that commands such fervor, and maybe Deadpool. Just seems like a missed opportunity if they're going to just let the license go.

But like you said, there might be more to it, especially BECAUSE it seems like a no-brainer.

#11322 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

That's just it. I don't think there are many games that are in higher demand, it's just that Stern hasn't made more of them. I mean, c'mon, they were selling a 40th Anniversary Edition for $30K ffs! Godzilla is about the only other game that commands such fervor, and maybe Deadpool. Just seems like a missed opportunity if they're going to just let the license go.
But like you said, there might be more to it, especially BECAUSE it seems like a no-brainer.

I’m guessing EHOH is far less in demand than Stranger Things, and they retired that one recently too.

Another thing to consider is that there is no pro version of EHOH.

I freaking love this table and it’s bolted to the floor, but I think it just doesn’t have mainstream appeal compared to all of their other recent pins.

#11323 1 year ago

The 40th was an anomaly produced so Stern could reward dealers with a very high margin game to sell when Stern couldn’t get them other inventory.

The expectation is that the license is expiring and the upcoming run is the last. Without a huge backlog of Elvira orders I don’t see why Stern would take the unusual step of going beyond 3 years, especially if the game is more costly for them to produce as some have speculated.

However, it will be extremely disappointing if Stern does not make enough to fulfill the Elvira orders that have been in the pipe for many months.

#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The 40th was an anomaly produced so Stern could reward dealers with a very high margin game to sell when Stern couldn’t get them other inventory.
The expectation is that the license is expiring and the upcoming run is the last. Without a huge backlog of Elvira orders I don’t see why Stern would take the unusual step of going beyond 3 years, especially if the game is more costly for them to produce as some have speculated.
However, it will be extremely disappointing if Stern does not make enough to fulfill the Elvira orders that have been in the pipe for many months.

There's no 'standard' licensing term, it's not like 3 years is some sort of default. Is the "3 years" term speculation based on past history with Stern's other licensed games?

#11325 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There's no 'standard' licensing term, it's not like 3 years is some sort of default.

True, but prior to the pandemic most titles had a three year window.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Seems like previous licenses were good for three years and I believe they started making these in November 2019. If that is the case here, and I have no idea if true, end of this year would be it.

I received my EHOH in October of 2019.

#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from BigT:

I received my EHOH in October of 2019.

I thought some folks got there pin as early as October. Now it is confirmed. License might run through the end of the year but I’m just guessing.

#11329 1 year ago

Hi,

just wonder if it is possible to make your own custom topper?
Is it enough to buy a standard node board and the right cables + connectors to make an interactive topper like the origional one?
Can somebody please check what kind of node board is inside the topper and which connectors are used on the board?

thank you

#11330 1 year ago

Check the thread or the topper thread. The node board info is there somewhere.

#11331 1 year ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hi,
Is it enough to buy a standard node board and the right cables + connectors to make an interactive topper like the origional one?
Can somebody please check what kind of node board is inside the topper and which connectors are used on the board?
thank you

Are you trying to copy the original topper? My gut instinct is that you'd be far better off using something like an Arduino to react to game state and trigger topper effects.

#11332 1 year ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hi,
thank you

It's not a standard node board like 8, or 9. I think this is a long hard road.

#11333 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the one I made. All total about $110.00

IMG_3509 (resized).jpegIMG_3509 (resized).jpeg
#11334 1 year ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

This is the one I made. All total about $110.00[quoted image]

Right, but I think they were looking for more motion/interactivity like the Stern one.

#11335 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Elvira topper has a 520-6998-72B node board which allows control of 4 coils, 12 switches, 15 led's, and a GI string. PB life has them for $250.

#11336 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, but I think they were looking for more motion/interactivity like the Stern one.

Yes, exactly since I have started to model the gargoyles in blender ...

IMG_20220614_192935_resized_20220713_104119751-42181b79 (resized).jpgIMG_20220614_192935_resized_20220713_104119751-42181b79 (resized).jpgGargolyeBlender-80154d95 (resized).jpgGargolyeBlender-80154d95 (resized).jpg
#11337 1 year ago

Just installed IC on a spare STh apron i had sitting around. Any suggestions on a card to place around the cutout?

IMG_4735 (resized).jpegIMG_4735 (resized).jpeg
#11338 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed IC on a spare STh apron i had sitting around. Any suggestions on a card to place around the cutout?

Move it to the coin door?

#11339 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Move it to coin door, that's prime real estate!!

#11340 1 year ago

The MSRP on these toppers is crazy. With that said, any vendors still have one lol?

#11341 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

The MSRP on these toppers is crazy. With that said, any vendors still have one lol?

Colorado Game Exchange at MSRP

#11342 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Yup, they're almost all gone (again).

I wonder how many filthy flippers gorged themselves on this topper run? I was so happy to see them stuck holding inventory from before, and now the same nonsense will probably happen again.

Maybe they'll do another run when the machine is back on the line...... maybe. I hope Stern keeps them flowing to put the hurt on those people.
Glad I was able to get one at MSRP.

#11343 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Glad I was able to get one (Stern Elvira topper) at MSRP.

I remember back when topper prices started jumping up and people were outraged.
Now people are thankful when they only have to pay a grand for the topper they want.

#11344 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe they'll do another run when the machine is back on the line.......

Pretty sure this was the last topper run.

#11345 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Move it to coin door, that's prime real estate!!

Where do you find the install kits for the coin door?

#11346 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:Where do you find the install kits for the coin door?

All the ones I’ve seen (and what I did myself) are 3D printed. Looks pretty damn good, IMO. But the apron probably looks worse with the big hole in it. However, I have a plan…

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11347 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All the ones I’ve seen (and what I did myself) are 3D printed. Looks pretty damn good, IMO. But the apron probably looks worse with the big hole in it. However, I have a plan…[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is my idea to fill the apron hole ehen you move QR to the coin door.

It cycles through all 15 Godzilla Showa era movie posters. Trailers would have been cool but the aspect ratio of the hole works better for posters rather than widescreen trailers.

Might add a magnetic label to go around the hole to change the text that's there.

#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here is my idea to fill the apron hole ehen you move QR to the coin door.

It cycles through all 15 Godzilla Showa era movie posters. Trailers would have been cool but the aspect ratio of the hole works better for posters rather than widescreen trailers.

Haha, my exact plan! Completely ripping off your Elvira mod

#11349 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Where do you find the install kits for the coin door?

Gotfrogs has them. Marketplace ads at bottom of this page.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/227?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.