IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 362.
#11251 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Between that and the not so good economic outlook for the near future we may see many people bail from the list when it comes time to pay up. I'm starting to feel the crunch myself but still hanging in there.

I could be wrong, but I think the next cornerstone will draw people away and take most of their disposable cash right as the economy goes in the toilet..... that whole thing about wanting the latest/greatest, Stern is launching at a great time to take advantage of one last surge.

I just want EHOH, that's my dream theme.

Quoted from Completist:

Bought Elvira a new hat and it arrived undamaged today. At least it appears good, i have not installed it yet.
It is actually heavier than I expected. I seriously thought i was getting a craft store Halloween decoration made out of foam with some LEDs. Does this justify the 1000 price? No i’m not bothering with any of that. But Elvira wants what Elvira wants and i try to keep her happy lol.
[quoted image]

The topper is 14lbs (in the box). I was surprised at it's weight too..... was expecting something like 5lbs. HA!! Not opening mine until the machine gets here, maybe I should take a look..... just in case.

#11252 1 year ago

Anyone got a lead or suggestion on a distributor that is taking Elvira reservations with a shot of actually getting them once they are made?

#11253 1 year ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Anyone got a lead or suggestion on a distributor that is taking Elvira reservations with a shot of actually getting them once they are made?

I don't think even the distributors know, because they don't know if Stern is giving them what they're actually ordering or cutting allocations as they have before recently. Working the Stern dist list and a phone or email is probably your best bet.

#11254 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

maybe I should take a look..... just in case.

Prob worth a look. I bought a MM King of Payne topper and found the base cracked. Returned it and was lucky to find another new one. I agree the EHoH topper is well-made and pretty solid/heavy. I was pleasantly surprised, price/value aside.

#11255 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

Bought Elvira a new hat and it arrived undamaged today. At least it appears good, i have not installed it yet.
It is actually heavier than I expected. I seriously thought i was getting a craft store Halloween decoration made out of foam with some LEDs. Does this justify the 1000 price? No i’m not bothering with any of that. But Elvira wants what Elvira wants and i try to keep her happy lol.
[quoted image]

Was it ordered through game exchange?

#11256 1 year ago

Hey all Elvira owners. Posting this for those who might be interested, my latest game mod that will work on all games. Check out the photos of my Elvira with the mod installed, or follow the link below for more info. Thanks for looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

Elvira Red 1 (resized).jpgElvira Red 1 (resized).jpgElvira red (resized).jpgElvira red (resized).jpg
#11257 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Was it ordered through game exchange?

No - through Troy at Tilt. Friend of mine spotted a FB post and sent me a msg. Emailed Troy and he had it out that day.

#11258 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey all Elvira owners. Posting this for those who might be interested, my latest game mod that will work on all games. Check out the photos of my Elvira with the mod installed, or follow the link below for more info. Thanks for looking
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm I never had issues with my flippers on Elvira. Why are there additional holes on top? Seems there are two threaded holes extra not being used?

#11259 1 year ago

Anyone else get just a little bit of hope each time a Stern code update email comes in, that maybe just maybe it will be Elvira?

I know I do.

#11260 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Anyone else get just a little bit of hope each time a Stern code update email comes in, that maybe just maybe it will be Elvira?
I know I do.

Who would even try to follow Lyman though?

If he had left notes like he did with Cactus Canyon that'd be one thing......

Seems to me this last run of the game would have the final code update if there is one at all.
You'd think after he passed away that Stern would tribute him and finish whatever he left on the drawing board. It was his last finished game after all.

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hmm I never had issues with my flippers on Elvira. Why are there additional holes on top? Seems there are two threaded holes extra not being used?

Hi @Peterg, Elvira doesn't really suffer from flipper fade like some other machines do (AIQ for example) if that is what you are refering to. The real benefit of this new flipper set up is that it gives the player more options for set up, angle adjustment, and or changing out the flipper styles. All that can be done from up top now above the playfield. Not sure if you've ever had to adjust your flippers, but that can be a royal PITA, this set up makes it simple and easy.

The two threaded holes on the top are there to aid in adjustment or removal of the flipper, if you click on the link in the posting it will provide more insight.

Thanks for the question

#11262 1 year ago

Saw EHOH in the wild today for the first time. It was enough to convince me to keep holding out till Nov

#11263 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Who would even try to follow Lyman though?
If he had left notes like he did with Cactus Canyon that'd be one thing......
Seems to me this last run of the game would have the final code update if there is one at all.
You'd think after he passed away that Stern would tribute him and finish whatever he left on the drawing board. It was his last finished game after all.

I've heard there were additional clips that she filmed for other movies that aren't in the game yet. Adding these into the mix would give more variety and not change any aspects of the ruleset.

#11264 1 year ago

If anyone has an Elvira HOH backglass (not translight) that you are willing to sell, please message me!

#11265 1 year ago

I know I do.

No, because Elvira code probably has about 0% priority over at Stern. I think Greg Freres still cares about the game though.

Rob

#11266 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If anyone has an Elvira HOH backglass (not translight) that you are willing to sell, please message me!

I don't think these were available to anyone for purchase, only came with LEs. Did stern actually sell these?

#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

I don't think these were available to anyone for purchase, only came with LEs. Did stern actually sell these?

AFAIK you can only get one if you are a registered LE owner and prove yours is broken.

#11268 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

No, they do not sell them (I tried). This is why I posted here. It is possible that somebody has one they are not using in their game and if so I would be happy to purchase it.

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

No, they do not sell them (I tried). This is why I posted here. It is possible that somebody has one they are not using in their game and if so I would be happy to purchase it.

ah gotcha. not sure how that scenario would be possible but never hurts to ask, good luck to you.

#11270 1 year ago

Hi all, need a little help here on how the house diverter is supposed to work. Under what scenario on the start of a Haunt, should the ball roll back down the entrance of the house (while the haunt media is starting/playing)? I’m assuming no scenario. It is still putting the ball into the pops on some of them but always the first haunt start always, it seems to roll right back down where it came in. I don’t recall that but I’ve had some diverter issues (awesome on a $22k new machine) in the past so I just want to understand what mode should do what in terms of releasing the ball after a haunt start.

Also anybody have the issue of the ramp hanging in the open position on one of the gargoyles?

Thanks!

#11271 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hi all, need a little help here on how the house diverter is supposed to work. Under what scenario on the start of a Haunt, should the ball roll back down the entrance of the house (while the haunt media is starting/playing)? I’m assuming no scenario. It is still putting the ball into the pops on some of them but always the first haunt start always, it seems to roll right back down where it came in. I don’t recall that but I’ve had some diverter issues (awesome on a $22k new machine) in the past so I just want to understand what mode should do what in terms of releasing the ball after a haunt start.

I think it's always supposed to divert to the pops when starting a haunt. I wasn't always paying attention, but that's what I think it did. Jack Danger has an Elvira stream with a lot of haunts if you want to jump to them and see how each one behaves (and verify they all go to the pops):

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Also anybody have the issue of the ramp hanging in the open position on one of the gargoyles?
Thanks!

I didn't have that issue. Sounds like an assembly problem.

#11272 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks!

Sometimes the ball will roll out the front door and start the mode if the ball isn't captured. This is normal around 10% of the time. Anything more than that needs to be looked at. As for the gargoyles, which one is the ramp hanging up on? A washer was added in early production on the right side of the ramp to keep the right gargoyle from making contact with the ramp. Did they forget to install the washer on your game? Check out post #607.

#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks!

I've had the pin that's on the gargoyle mech slide over and hang up the ramp several times. Its pretty simple to just tap it back into place with something hard. I probably should come up with a more permanent fix, but it only happens every few months.

#11274 1 year ago
Quoted from bwill:

I've had the pin that's on the gargoyle mech slide over and hang up the ramp several times. Its pretty simple to just tap it back into place with something hard. I probably should come up with a more permanent fix, but it only happens every few months.

I figured out the gargoyle thing the screws holding in their mounts were lose so it just moved (in the way of the ramp). Thanks!

#11275 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Just joined the club last month and have to say what a great game. While it was fine at first, like others I have developed problems with the crypt with the skull protruding onto the playfield per photo attached and the whole mech generally being out of synch with the rotation and sequencing. I did see some posting on this problem but I couldn’t find the fix - any help really appreciated!
[quoted image]

If anyone else has this problem, the fix is simple. The indicated nut/bolt had worked loose and the motor assembly had shifted. Re-centred and tightened - all good.

3D881654-E74E-4D11-97D8-CB6787853723 (resized).jpeg3D881654-E74E-4D11-97D8-CB6787853723 (resized).jpeg
#11276 1 year ago

New to this thread,Is there a setting or adjustment for the Gargoyles.they seem to jump higher on a couple and not so much on others.

#11277 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

New to this thread,Is there a setting or adjustment for the Gargoyles.they seem to jump higher on a couple and not so much on others.

The gargoyles are just physical I think, I haven’t tried to adjust mine yet but I’ve got one that hits the glass on a solid hit. I looked at it quickly and it seemed to be a pretty simple mechanism. Not sure yet how adjustable they are…

#11278 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

The gargoyles are just physical I think, I haven’t tried to adjust mine yet but I’ve got one that hits the glass on a solid hit. I looked at it quickly and it seemed to be a pretty simple mechanism. Not sure yet how adjustable they are…

yes I dont see anything ,they move up and down freely no binding.Probably can only adjust the limit on how high ?Similar to Zepps Icarus

#11279 1 year ago

Search the thread. Lots of advice in here on that problem. For me, centering the gargoyles and tightening the screws underneath, along with cleaning the metal rods underneath them did the trick.

#11280 1 year ago

I just cleaned the rods then applied a little lube to them. I’m not happy if they ain’t tapping the glass on a direct hit!

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

I just cleaned the rods then applied a little lube to them. I’m not happy if they ain’t tapping the glass on a direct hit!

Thats what I'm after

#11282 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Thats what I'm after

Careful with the super lube though. It shouldn't even be visible once applied super-thin. If you get too much on, it will gum up over time and put you in a worse spot.

#11283 1 year ago

That's right. If you lube your rod up and then insert it back into the hole, I think they will work just fine!

#11284 1 year ago

I wouldn’t lube them at all. Just wax them and they will fly.

#11285 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Careful with the super lube though. It shouldn't even be visible once applied super-thin. If you get too much on, it will gum up over time and put you in a worse spot.

Yes, sorry i should clarify - i’m talking a minuscule amount that i rubbed on with my finger and wiped off with a paper towel. I did mine quite awhile ago and they are still freely sliding. As Mad Dog suggests, wax would be a good solution.

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

If anyone else has this problem, the fix is simple. The indicated nut/bolt had worked loose and the motor assembly had shifted. Re-centred and tightened - all good.
[quoted image]

Could we make this a key post?

#11287 1 year ago

Anyone upgrade their Elvira with an Insider Connected kit that utilizes the coin door? If so what were all the parts you purchased to do this?

#11288 1 year ago

Anyone upgrade their Elvira with an Insider Connected kit that utilizes the coin door? If so what were all the parts you purchased to do this?

I did. Purchased this: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1127236577/stern-pinball-insider-connected-qr-code

Everything is in there. Very easy to do.

#11289 1 year ago

It's available on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

#11290 1 year ago

I ordered from the pinside shop on a Saturday. In my mailbox on Monday.

#11291 1 year ago

Looking to get back in this amazing club. I have a mint wms Indiana jones with new decals and color dmd for trade if anyone is Interested in trading a ehoh.

#11292 1 year ago
6EF2C007-A221-494F-878C-7C88CAD98F1F (resized).jpeg6EF2C007-A221-494F-878C-7C88CAD98F1F (resized).jpeg
#11293 1 year ago

Installed signed Elvira collector cards and PinMonk color insert brackets on Elvira LE. I’m liking the new mods, this game is fully pimped now. I’d consider Pinwoofer, but the factory sound in this title is already excellent.

2EDA712D-1D30-4380-9D78-E79435241791 (resized).jpeg2EDA712D-1D30-4380-9D78-E79435241791 (resized).jpeg4559715C-DDBC-4C82-82A1-7B49607904A0 (resized).jpeg4559715C-DDBC-4C82-82A1-7B49607904A0 (resized).jpeg606793E8-91E7-43E0-B452-8186C1683E1A (resized).jpeg606793E8-91E7-43E0-B452-8186C1683E1A (resized).jpegB4889FB1-DB79-4604-8B73-2825A16D4F9E (resized).jpegB4889FB1-DB79-4604-8B73-2825A16D4F9E (resized).jpeg

#11294 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Installed signed Elvira collector cards and PinMonk color insert brackets on Elvira LE. I’m liking the new mods, this game is fully pimped now. I’d consider Pinwoofer, but the factory sound in this title is already excellent.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you liked the insert color mods. It didn't hit me until I had one in person to play, but it's a total mystery why they have yellow to orange gradient signs next to the inserts, but the inserts are all yellow. Complete visual continuity error. Literally the first mod I made for it.

#11295 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Glad you liked the insert color mods. It didn't hit me until I had one in person to play, but it's a total mystery why they have yellow to orange gradient signs next to the inserts, but the inserts are all yellow. Complete visual continuity error. Literally the first mod I made for it.

Yes, probably for cost savings or in a rush to get the game completed. Your color insert brackets are fantastic, I’ll keep ordering them as long as you keep coming up with new ones. I played a few games on Elvira after installing the mods and that damn fan is super loud. Will order your quiet fan kit for this game soon.

#11296 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yes, probably for cost savings or in a rush to get the game completed. Your color insert brackets are fantastic, I’ll keep ordering them as long as you keep coming up with new ones. I played a few games on Elvira after installing the mods and that damn fan is super loud. Will order your quiet fan kit for this game soon.

Yeah, every pin I bring in for mods I tell myself I'm not changing out the fan because I'll only have it for a few weeks, and literally every time, the droning noise breaks me within a day or two and I change the fan out.

I still can't believe Stern hasn't addressed the issue. They know it's a problem, and Gomez's dumb "laundromat in LA on a hot day" example for why they haven't put in a quieter, lower CFM fan is stupid because the power supply literally has a failsafe that will shut off the power supply in the very unlikely event the temp gets over 158F. So keeping an annoying fan in the games that literally everyone else hates just so that imaginary LA laundromat is protected is idiotic.

#11297 1 year ago

When shooting the house to start a mode, my ball is being immediately released out back instead of being held while the Elvira video plays. Is that normal?

#11298 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

When shooting the house to start a mode, my ball is being immediately released out back instead of being held while the Elvira video plays. Is that normal?

No, but what do you mean by "out back"? The ball should go through the house into the subway behind the backboard and be held by an up/down post until it is released into the pops. If that's not happening, you need to check that post to see if it is operating properly.

#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I thought ehoh sounded good as is too,then I swapped a pinwoofer in just to see if it was worth the upgrade. It sounds amazing, wish I did it 2 years ago

#11300 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I thought ehoh sounded good as is too,then I swapped a pinwoofer in just to see if it was worth the upgrade. It sounds amazing, wish I did it 2 years ago

OK, maybe I'll reconsider installing a Pinwoofer GT in EHOH. I know it made a huge difference on Wonka LE which had no bass whatsoever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 226 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/226?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.