IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 362.
#11201 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So Cassandra Peterson is gonna be in the new Munsters movie from Rob Zombie. I think she's playing Lily.

Lily is Rob Zombie's "I can't act" wife.

Cassandra's playing a "super straight character, "Barbara Carr, the #1 real estate agent in Mockingbird Heights.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/elvira-the-munsters-rob-zombie-1235210474/

cassandra (resized).jpgcassandra (resized).jpg
#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lily is Rob Zombie's "I can't act" wife.
Cassandra's playing a "super straight character, "Barbara Carr, the #1 real estate agent in Mockingbird Heights.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/elvira-the-munsters-rob-zombie-1235210474/[quoted image]

Oh ok, thanks for setting me straight. I didn't really think Lily looked like her, but with all that makeup, I didn't know for sure. Herman looks.....well, bad.

#11204 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Oh ok, thanks for setting me straight. I didn't really think Lily looked like her, but with all that makeup, I didn't know for sure. Herman looks.....well, bad.

Yeah, I like some of RZ's music, but I think he's a hack director. ALL of the characters in that tease are massively overacted. It was his job to rein the actors hamming it up in and he didn't. Also, what a waste to put Cassandra in a straight role. She could have been Herman's wacky coat-tail relative and really chewed up the scenery. But that won't happen. Boo.

#11205 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

EDIT: was already posted above.

get smart bubble (resized).jpgget smart bubble (resized).jpg
#11206 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

So Cassandra Peterson is gonna be in the new Munsters movie from Rob Zombie. I think she's playing Lily.

No Rob Zombies wife is playing Lily. I think Casandra is playing a real estate agent.

rps20220614_193017 (resized).jpgrps20220614_193017 (resized).jpg
#11207 1 year ago

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the ramp lift assembly attachment to the trunk door on the left ramp? Mine fell off and I can't tell how that arm was attached to the trunk.

#11208 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the ramp lift assembly attachment to the trunk door on the left ramp? Mine fell off and I can't tell how that arm was attached to the trunk.

Another Pinsider posted this awhile back:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/217#post-6836682

#11209 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

She has a cameo as a real estate agent who (I assume) sells them the house. Sheri Moon Zombie is Lily, and she really does quite a great turn in the role. But Daniel Roebuck is THE MAN for just wiping out the field as Grandpa. Herman is … (did anyone ever wonder why his name is ‘Herman’? “ Her …Man” because Grandpa created him for Lily.) Anyway it will be awesome

#11210 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

She has a cameo as a real estate agent who (I assume) sells them the house. Sheri Moon Zombie is Lily, and she really does quite a great turn in the role. But Daniel Roebuck is THE MAN for just wiping out the field as Grandpa. Herman is … (did anyone ever wonder why his name is ‘Herman’? “ Her …Man” because Grandpa created him for Lily. Anyway it will be awesome

I highly doubt it, unless you like crappy movies. No Munsters remake has ever done well. You will never match, or top the original show. Zombie is an egotistical hack who puts his wife, who can’t act, in all his movies. Much like Clint Eastwood did when he was dating Sondra Locke.

The makeup and costumes are cringe at best and Grandpa looks like sh!t. Should have had Cassandra play Lily, but he has to cast his wife as the lead actress always.

#11211 1 year ago

Herman looks/moves terrible, actually think Grampa is ok.

#11212 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Herman looks/moves terrible, actually think Grampa is ok.

No one will ever top Fred Gwynne as Herman. It just can't be done. That said, this dude playing him in the remake is a joke. He literally looks like someone trying to badly mimic Fred's original movements. It looks like a high school production.

#11213 1 year ago

Final run of EHOH toppers shipped from Stern and have sold out in a couple hours. I didn't even notice they had come in until it was all over.

That was it folks (at least that's what my distro told me - they have no more on order since Stern isn't taking more orders for them.... AND, they only got a couple, Stern didn't fill the amount of orders they had for them - distro ordered 20 and received 4).

Happy I prepaid several months ago and am getting one (I also had to order the machine to get one, a machine I may or may not get allocation on in Nov/Dec), sheesh, what a chore.
Why does Stern operate this way?

#11214 1 year ago

In case anyone is still looking, Game Exchange has EHOH toppers in stock for MSRP ($1K).

https://gameexchange.biz/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

In case anyone is still looking, Game Exchange has EHOH toppers in stock for MSRP ($1K).

thanks, is this the final run?

#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

thanks, is this the final run?

Game or topper?

Topper, probably yes.
Game, not sure. I thought end of the year is it.... but one distro told me he thought Stern would run them again next year since there hasn't been an announcement of them ending production on it.
To me, the game is three years old and Stern doesn't like making them..... so why wouldn't this be it? Next year they'll be back to their regular scheduled program of 4 new games, and I'd assume EHOH will be pushed out totally.

#11217 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Interesting that the page says both “In Stock” and Back ordered at Stern until October.

#11218 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting that the page says both “In Stock” and Back ordered at Stern until October.

Yeah I thought they were out of stock.

Their page isn't very good.... you can still buy a Stranger Things Pro on their site (and it says backordered also).

#11219 1 year ago

I have a Premium... I'm constantly having problems with the ball getting stuck behind the house it keeps getting trapped on the ball block and won't budge without a hard shake timed with a ball search.. ... doesn't seem to do it on a full plunge but it's impossible to soft plunge for the "back door" skill shot. Any thoughts/answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#11220 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

These are actually in stock in case anyone is looking.

#11221 1 year ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

I have a Premium... I'm constantly having problems with the ball getting stuck behind the house it keeps getting trapped on the ball block and won't budge without a hard shake timed with a ball search.. ... doesn't seem to do it on a full plunge but it's impossible to soft plunge for the "back door" skill shot. Any thoughts/answers/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check the topic index link at the top of the page (then click Keypost summary to sort by names) and look for the TECH:PLAYFIELD section for the one that talks about the house lock. See if that might be your issue.

#11222 1 year ago

Finished temp testing Elvira and was surprised that it's on the higher end of Stern flipper temps over time. I think why there's not a lot of complaining about it is the ramps are not that steep (the steepest one isn't very long), so while the flippers do feel mushy after a while they still can do okay with the shots. I just noticed that I had a bit more bricked shots later in the game and the center house shot had more rollbacks (not the left ramp, for some reason). I also relied more on the right flipper to make shots, so its temp was more elevated than the left the whole game. On the graph the places where the temps spiked the most were in the house party multiball (where it spits out all the balls) that I got twice about a half hour apart. Otherwise, it pretty much stayed in the 150F range.

Here's the graph of the whole 2 hour test:
Elvira_HoH_Temp_Testing_Sml.jpgElvira_HoH_Temp_Testing_Sml.jpg

These Elvira coil temperature testing results have been added to the chart for all Spike machines and updated on the Tibetan Breeze product page. In addition to doing all the new pins as they come out, I'm working back through ones I missed before, which is now down to just 5 out of 17 Spike2 machines left to test.

#11223 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Finished temp testing Elvira and was surprised that it's on the higher end of Stern flipper temps over time. I think why there's not a lot of complaining about it is the ramps are not that steep (the steepest one isn't very long), so while the flippers do feel mushy after a while they still can do okay with the shots. I just noticed that I had a bit more bricked shots later in the game and the center house shot had more rollbacks (not the left ramp, for some reason). I also relied more on the right flipper to make shots, so its temp was more elevated than the left the whole game. On the graph the places where the temps spiked the most were in the house party multiball (where it spits out all the balls) that I got twice about a half hour apart. Otherwise, it pretty much stayed in the 150F range.
Here's the graph of the whole 2 hour test:
[quoted image]
These Elvira coil temperature testing results have been added to the chart for all Spike machines and updated on the Tibetan Breeze product page. In addition to doing all the new pins as they come out, I'm working back through ones I missed before, which is now down to just 5 out of 17 Spike2 machines left to test.

Vic, what is an optimal maintained flipper temp before power is diminished? What temp is maintained with your Tibetan breeze? Do you see that these test results are similar in all Stern's being that they generally use same/similar coils? Or like you noted with ramp height/length, the entire play field layout truly effects temps as well. You're really taking this to a whole other scientific level!!

#11224 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Vic, what is an optimal maintained flipper temp before power is diminished? What temp is maintained with your Tibetan breeze? Do you see that these test results are similar in all Stern's being that they generally use same/similar coils? Or like you noted with ramp height/length, the entire play field layout truly effects temps as well. You're really taking this to a whole other scientific level!!

You want to keep the flippers under 130F (I forgot to but an "onset of fade" line on the graph to show this...). The Tibetan Breeze kit keeps temps around 110F-120F, sometimes a bit lower. Basically it takes care of any fade/mushiness no matter how long you play or what your play style is. The chart on the product page lists the kind of coils in Elvira (and all the other pins listed) and the uncooled stock flipper temps, plus how long they were tested straight.

There are a lot of variables that affect coil heat. Software modes, number of multiballs, short/open playfield, etc. Play style will most affect how fast your temps go up and how high they get, although on Sterns it's much better for trap players (than JJP, Spooky, CGC, etc) because hold temps are stable due to their ultra fast microsecond duty cycles no one else has (everyone else is limited to 1ms duty cycles, minimum). So for a Stern really only a defensive flip player (flipping when the ball isn't close in anticipation of what the ball might do) will raise the naked coil temps faster/higher, otherwise it will be a slower more linear progression to 140-150F range and pretty much stay there.

#11225 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You want to keep the flippers under 130F. The Tibetan Breeze kit keeps temps around 110F-120F, sometimes a bit lower. Basically it takes care of any fade/mushiness no matter how long you play or what your play style is. The chart on the product page lists the kind of coils in Elvira (and all the other pins listed) and the uncooled stock flipper temps, plus how long they were tested straight.
There are a lot of variables that affect coil heat. Software modes, number of multiballs, short/open playfield, etc. Play style will most affect how fast your temps go up and how high they get, although on Sterns it's much better for trap players (than JJP, Spooky, CGC, etc) because hold temps are stable due to their ultra fast microsecond duty cycles no one else has (everyone else is limited to 1ms duty cycles, minimum). So for a Stern really only a defensive flip player (flipping when the ball isn't close in anticipation of what the ball might do) will raise the naked coil temps faster/higher, otherwise it will be a slower more linear progression to 140-150F range and pretty much stay there.

Sounds like they'd be ideal for my pray-n-spray technical style of play!!

#11226 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

really only a defensive flip player (flipping when the ball isn't close in anticipation of what the ball might do) will raise the naked coil temps faster/higher

My 3-year-old son’s new nickname should be “hot coil,” because he constantly presses both flippers repeatedly if a ball is in play anywhere on the table. He will pause if the ball is locked or occupied by a mech, but usually he’s keeping them moving…just in case. He recently got multiball on EATPM, which isn’t a gimme!

#11227 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My 3-year-old son’s new nickname should be “hot coil,” because he constantly presses both flippers repeatedly if a ball is in play anywhere on the table. He will pause if the ball is locked or occupied by a mech, but usually he’s keeping them moving…just in case. He recently got multiball on EATPM, which isn’t a gimme!

Yeah, some of my nieces (not that young anymore) aren't really familiar with pinball. When there is family dinners or gatherings, they want to play, but they just flip both flippers repeatedly. Drives my kids (and me) crazy, but showing them how to do it doesn't seem to help. One of them is named Britney, so my kids coined the term "Britty flips" years ago for chimping the flippers.

#11228 1 year ago

Good morning everyone happy fathers day to all the dads hoping my boys ask me to play pinball with them in my mind that's the end of field of dreams..lol! Anyway I got my kits installed on JPprem and DPLE but the dealer held back saying they're waiting on specialty kits for my EHOH premium? Why wouldn't a regular kit work? They came with left or right pocket stickers so I'm confused anybody try a regular premium kit?

#11229 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Good morning everyone happy fathers day to all the dads hoping my boys ask me to play pinball with them in my mind that's the end of field of dreams..lol! Anyway I got my kits installed on JPprem and DPLE but the dealer held back saying they're waiting on specialty kits for my EHOH premium? Why wouldn't a regular kit work? They came with left or right pocket stickers so I'm confused anybody try a regular premium kit?

Didn't know there was such a thing. Installed a regular premium IC kit on Elvira and it worked fine. Installed it looks exactly like the one in the 40th anniversary edition that came with Insider Connected from the factory.

#11230 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't know there was such a thing. Installed a regular premium IC kit on Elvira and it worked fine. Installed it looks exactly like the one in the 40th anniversary edition that came with Insider Connected from the factory.

Interesting thanks for that I do remember talk at the very beginning that there were a few games that were going to require a special kit but not sure what games maybe originally they thought that anyway with your reply I think I'm going to contact them and see if they have any premium kits left I'll just take one of them. My luck they'll be all out now but they said stern game then no date on the specialty kits so I could be waiting a year if I don't say something!

#11231 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Interesting thanks for that I do remember talk at the very beginning that there were a few games that were going to require a special kit but not sure what games maybe originally they thought that anyway with your reply I think I'm going to contact them and see if they have any premium kits left I'll just take one of them. My luck they'll be all out now but they said stern game then no date on the specialty kits so I could be waiting a year if I don't say something!

The only thing you have to do to what's already on the Elvira to make the Insider Connected fit is take off the spacer for the single LED board that lights the little panel with the art on it in the apron and then re-attach the board to the playfield without the spacer.

#11232 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only thing you have to do to what's already on the Elvira to make it fit is take off the spacer for the single LED board that lights the little panel with the art on it in the apron and then re-attach the board to the playfield without the spacer.

Excellent thanks I appreciate that quick response!

#11233 1 year ago

I really don’t know why people would replace perfectly nice game themed apron art with that F’n ugly ass IC QR reader. If you must have it why not put it in the coin door.

#11234 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I really don’t know why people would replace perfectly nice game themed apron art with that F’n ugly ass IC QR reader. If you must have it why not put it in the coin door.

I wish someone would make artwork to replace the horrible IC artwork. Looks like crap. Love the apron artwork on Elvira.

#11235 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I wish someone would make artwork to replace the horrible IC artwork. Looks like crap. Love the apron artwork on Elvira.

IC in the coin door fo sho

09709316-A018-4ADB-ADB5-076446C810E3 (resized).jpeg09709316-A018-4ADB-ADB5-076446C810E3 (resized).jpeg

#11236 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yeah, it seemed almost sacrilegious to put it there. I didn't have a coin door mounting plate handy, but if I was keeping it, I would definitely have bought one (stern doesn't include that in the kit) and put it there instead. No biggie though. All the removed parts are nicely kept in bags, so it can be reversed and moved at will.

#11237 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I really don’t know why people would replace perfectly nice game themed apron art with that F’n ugly ass IC QR reader. If you must have it why not put it in I'm not into hacks or mods maybe coming from the collector/classic

For me coming from the collector/classic car world I'm not into hacks/mods. Only for protection are my mods. If in the off chance If I do anything else it's going to be official and how the next run would come. I have the premium tho so if I paid thousands extra I wouldn't want to put my signatures or art in bag so I get that.

#11238 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

For me coming from the collector/classic car world I'm not into hacks/mods. Only for protection are my mods. If in the off chance If I do anything else it's going to be official and how the next run would come. I have the premium tho so if I paid thousands extra I wouldn't want to put my signatures or art in bag so I get that.

#11239 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone has done customized code for Elvira, but I have. My friend has Elvira and I tested the update today.

Here's what's added:

Attract mode videos that replace the tutorial videos

Here's a 4 second teaser (only because I thought I was recording for several minutes showing all the videos)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qarY58V7D82ZJuWAA

What's changed:

Two songs, Jump Jive & Wail and Shout, replaced by the Brian Setzer Orchestra version and The Isley Brothers version.

I'll take a full video tomorrow, but message me if interested in the SD image file, I'll be uploading it tomorrow.

#11240 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Not sure if anyone has done customized code for Elvira, but I have. My friend has Elvira and I tested the update today.
Here's what's added:
Here's a 4 second teaser (only because I thought I was recording for several minutes showing all the videos)
What's changed:
Two songs, Jump Jive & Wail and Shout, replaced by the Brian Setzer Orchestra version and The Isley Brothers version.
I'll take a full video tomorrow, but message me if interested in the SD image file, I'll be uploading it tomorrow.

Beautiful

#11241 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Here's what's added:
What's changed:

I'm interested in the mod code.

#11242 1 year ago

I'd like to know how you go about making these changes? I feel like I could tinker around with mine to make some additional changes.

#11243 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

I'd like to know how you go about making these changes? I feel like I could tinker around with mine to make some additional changes.

It sure would be nice if we could program our own modes, and input audio, video, lightshows and rules. Wouldn't that be awesome!!

#11245 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Pinball Browser:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

#11246 1 year ago

Saw this today on FlipNOut's website. Sneak peak of the price increase for those on lists for the last run this year?

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 4.31.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-20 at 4.31.41 PM (resized).png
#11247 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Saw this today on FlipNOut's website. Sneak peak of the price increase for those on lists for the last run this year?
[quoted image]

My distro as of a couple months ago said there was no price increase (yet). I hope this has not changed, but leave it to Stern to rake us over the coals.

My Elvira topper showed up today!!!
Take that filthy scalpers!!! MSRP for me!!! I can't believe they were going for 2k+ there for a while.
Now I have the shooter, the rails, the blades, the topper and a ton of mods.... just need a game.

#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

[quoted image]

Oh no....

#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

[quoted image]

Between that and the not so good economic outlook for the near future we may see many people bail from the list when it comes time to pay up. I'm starting to feel the crunch myself but still hanging in there.

#11250 1 year ago

Bought Elvira a new hat and it arrived undamaged today. At least it appears good, i have not installed it yet.

It is actually heavier than I expected. I seriously thought i was getting a craft store Halloween decoration made out of foam with some LEDs. Does this justify the 1000 price? No i’m not bothering with any of that. But Elvira wants what Elvira wants and i try to keep her happy lol.

C0945EF8-CFDD-4E9E-B75C-368E20659FEB (resized).jpegC0945EF8-CFDD-4E9E-B75C-368E20659FEB (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/225?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.