IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 363.
#11151 1 year ago

Agreed. Playfield protectors look and play like shit

#11152 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The vast majority of collectors, myself included, have no interest in playfield protectors. They're a hassle, they get dust underneath, and they serve no purpose, except to those who worry about dimples. But dimpling is normal and doesn't devalue a game. And pinballs are supposed to roll on wood. I say save your money.

100% spot on.

George gomez was even on a podcast saying that playfield protectors change the way the ball reacts when you use a PF protector. The ball is supposed to be played on wood, plain and simple. All games have dimples even the 90’ Bally/Williams.

#11153 1 year ago

The vast majority of collectors, myself included, have no interest in playfield protectors. They're a hassle, they get dust underneath, and they serve no purpose, except to those who worry about dimples. But dimpling is normal and doesn't devalue a game. And pinballs are supposed to roll on wood. I say save your money.

With the old Gen protectors I agree.

The new thinner ones from Germany are different. I have protectors on two games. Both were easy to install, no issues with dust and both the playfield and protector look new after multiple years. I suspect most who bitch about protectors have never had a newer one on a game.

They are cheap insurance and easy to try. Don’t like it? Cut it off in a few minutes. I’m not putting a protector on any of my other games but given the softness of the wood and the issues Stern had with playfields around the time of those two games it was a very easy decision for me. Dimpling shouldn’t devalue a game but cratering certainly does

#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

With the old Gen protectors I agree.
The new thinner ones from Germany are different. I have protectors on two games. Both were easy to install, no issues with dust and both the playfield and protector look new after multiple years. I suspect most who bitch about protectors have never had a newer one on a game.
They are cheap insurance and easy to try. Don’t like it? Cut it off in a few minutes. I’m not putting a protector on any of my other games but given the softness of the wood and the issues Stern had with playfields around the time of those two games it was a very easy decision for me. Dimpling shouldn’t devalue a game but cratering certainly does

Thicker or thinner, they're just not for me. It's good to have choices though. I'm glad you guys like them. I have no doubt they help keep playfields looking "unplayed". I'm ok with my pins looking played, but well-kept.

#11155 1 year ago

Holy shit! This topper is awesome!!!

Spend more time watching it rather than the game now!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

Question about the topper. It does not open that much, maybe an inch. Can this be adjusted?

#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Question about the topper. It does not open that much, maybe an inch. Can this be adjusted?

No.

#11158 1 year ago

Thanks. Another stupid question, I guess it’s operating to design then, it only opens a little and very quickly? I thought it would pop open a bit more and for longer.

Edit: after a bit of searching found I should play with the lockout timer to extend the time it stays open. Looks like I can’t make it open any wider (it seems only about 20 degrees) or make it scream louder.

#11159 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. Another stupid question, I guess it’s operating to design then, it only opens a little and very quickly? I thought it would pop open a bit more and for longer.
Edit: after a bit of searching found I should play with the lockout timer to extend the time it stays open. Looks like I can’t make it open any wider (it seems only about 20 degrees) or make it scream louder.

It should pop up while the scream is happening. If It just pops up and snaps back down something is binding.

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sometimes it stays up for longer. Depends on the situation.

#11161 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Looks like I can’t make it open any wider (it seems only about 20 degrees) or make it scream louder.

If you can find the waveform in pinball browser, you should be able to pull it out, normalize it, then increase the volume with a limiter to make the overall scream louder, then put the modified waveform back to get a louder scream. You'd have to modify the ROM every time the code changes, though. I doubt there are any more code updates coming, or not many more at best, so that's not a big concern.

If you can find the wav and don't have the tools to process it, send it to me and I'll see what I can do. I also have a lot of other professional scream effects and could maybe find some louder/scarier options.

#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you can find the waveform in pinball browser, you should be able to pull it out, normalize it, then increase the volume with a limiter to make the overall scream louder, then put the modified waveform back to get a louder scream. You'd have to modify the ROM every time the code changes, though. I doubt there are any more code updates coming, or not many more at best, so that's not a big concern.
If you can find the wav and don't have the tools to process it, send it to me and I'll see what I can do. I also have a lot of other professional scream effects and could maybe find some louder/scarier options.

Thanks. Originally I thought the topper had its own little speaker. Pretty stupid of me. Haven’t ever used pin browser. May give it a go.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It should pop up while the scream is happening. If It just pops up and snaps back down something is binding.

Sometimes it stays up for longer. Depends on the situation.

Thanks will do some more testing. Only saw it open once at the start of WW. if it is only opening a crack thinking of modding the armature to maybe open the flap wider…

#11163 1 year ago

Final version of my home made topper ... saved lots of $.

IMG_3509 (resized).jpegIMG_3509 (resized).jpeg
#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

And fixed.

When I went into service to test the topper, it just snapped up for a second and back down a few times. After the 4th test suddenly it stayed up for longer and wider. Also adjusted the settings. Started WW multiball. Night and day. Works great!!

#11165 1 year ago

Have a bit of a problem - when I switch the machine on the cellar kick out coil fires repeatedly and then this alert appears:

CCC18937-2537-4820-A00E-69656285F112 (resized).jpegCCC18937-2537-4820-A00E-69656285F112 (resized).jpeg

If I start a game the back door shot triggers repeatedly with the ball in the shooter lane. I’ve checked the connections under the playfield and nothing appears to be loose, so I’m guessing it may be an opto issue.

Before I remove the house to get to the opto, can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement opto set? If they do need replacing I’d rather have them to hand.

#11166 1 year ago

Does someone know where I could find a dagger prop?
ps : the tweetterhead dagger is sold out everywhere...

#11167 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Have a bit of a problem - when I switch the machine on the cellar kick out coil fires repeatedly and then this alert appears:
[quoted image]
If I start a game the back door shot triggers repeatedly with the ball in the shooter lane. I’ve checked the connections under the playfield and nothing appears to be loose, so I’m guessing it may be an opto issue.
Before I remove the house to get to the opto, can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement opto set? If they do need replacing I’d rather have them to hand.

If you havent already, search the thread for "cellar lockup" and you'll see tons of the same complaint. I had this issue, fixed it by adjusting the optos 3+ months ago and just ran into again this week. Been good for 3 mos. I don't think anyone has come out and said the optos need to be replaced. Just realigned and perhaps cleaned - which is what i'm set to do this weekend.

Appreciate i didn't answer your question on where to find a spare opto, but based on experience it's likely a good cleaning and alignment will do the trick.

#11168 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

If you havent already, search the thread for "cellar lockup" and you'll see tons of the same complaint. I had this issue, fixed it by adjusting the optos 3+ months ago and just ran into again this week. Been good for 3 mos. I don't think anyone has come out and said the optos need to be replaced. Just realigned and perhaps cleaned - which is what i'm set to do this weekend.
Appreciate i didn't answer your question on where to find a spare opto, but based on experience it's likely a good cleaning and alignment will do the trick.

Thanks, appreciate the pointers. If it’s likely I won’t need to replace the opto pair then I guess I better get on and dismantle the house!

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks, appreciate the pointers. If it’s likely I won’t need to replace the opto pair then I guess I better get on and dismantle the house!

Also plug and unplug the connection. The bottom opto can be accessed easily under the playfield. Look for the flat metal trough plate near the top of the playfield. Also make sure the opto does not sit proud of the metal plate, make sure you have enough plastic washers so that it is level or a bit below. Since the opto sees through a small hole in the trough metal plate which the balls roll over I can see this hole and opto being gunked up easily. Only the top opto needs the house removed. I’ve added 2 photos from an earlier post where my opto was sticking up through the hole trapping a 2nd ball. First photo shows the plate from above which can easily be removed from underneath. 2nd photo shows the opto hole which may be the culprit at label (1).

33CCC8CD-5AD9-4637-986B-491A51DD19B9 (resized).jpeg33CCC8CD-5AD9-4637-986B-491A51DD19B9 (resized).jpeg80B87617-944A-4977-A278-46652EF27E76 (resized).jpeg80B87617-944A-4977-A278-46652EF27E76 (resized).jpeg
#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Also plug and unplug the connection. The bottom opto can be accessed easily under the playfield. Look for the flat metal trough plate near the top of the playfield. Also make sure the opto does not sit proud of the metal plate, make sure you have enough plastic washers so that it is level or a bit below. Since the opto sees through a small hole in the trough metal plate which the balls roll over I can see this hole and opto being gunked up easily. Only the top opto needs the house removed. I’ve added 2 photos from an earlier post where my opto was sticking up through the hole trapping a 2nd ball. First photo shows the plate from above which can easily be removed from underneath. 2nd photo shows the opto hole which may be the culprit at label (1). [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, really appreciate the pics!

#11171 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image]

What makes a sticker of elvira popping up more fun then a pinball machine itself? I cant even fathom spending the money on something that basically does nothing.

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

What makes a sticker of elvira popping up more fun then a pinball machine itself? I cant even fathom spending the money on something that basically does nothing.

Didn’t say it was more fun. Just saying it looks awesome. Most toppers don’t do anything. Only paid RRP, still a lot and I did agonise over the price, but then I want to keep the pin. I didn’t use to be a topper guy. Now sort of caught the bug after AIQ and then STh. Anyways, I’m happy you’re happy, that’s what matters!

#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

I think it's one of the best toppers ever. Great theme, it moves, good interaction with the game...... could use more lights though (thunder and lightning).
I'd take this one over the $2500 Pirates topper (a boat with some tentacles and water).

All the Elvira topper needs is a naughty mode where she pops up and tells you a raunchy joke some of the time. "This thing is HUGE..... and ribbed...... wake me up when you're done"....... gets me every time.

#11174 1 year ago
0908E3D6-E57E-47E6-82A3-442AC3F2A873 (resized).jpeg0908E3D6-E57E-47E6-82A3-442AC3F2A873 (resized).jpeg
#11175 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

[quoted image]

This is the exact issue I had with the EHOH I borrowed from Electric Circus.

When entering the back door the ball would break the light beam thus triggering the coil to fire but the ball wasn't then rolling as far as the kicker - coil continues to fire - operator error.

I took the plate off under the playfield (no need to touch the house at all) and discovered that the welds on the plate were so badly finished they were causing the hangups. I filed down the plate and the ball rolled through fine - unfortunately I didn't remove the board with the opto on and filed that off - Doh.
I got a replacement from Stern Store EU (#520-8039-00) for 10.47 (+25.21 P&P).

That MAY be your problem.

It could be that the opto has failed altogether, or just needs cleaning, or that the machine isn't perfectly level at the rear - EHOH appears particularly sensitive to levelling left to right.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11176 1 year ago

Looking to get back in this amazing club. I have a mint wms Indiana jones with new decals and color dmd for trade if anyone is Interested in trading a ehoh.

#11178 1 year ago

Anyone have thoughts on what they think MSRP will be on the next run of this game? In the past the MSRP was higher than other premium edition games. Stern site still says 8799 for the premium but i doubt that will hold true for the next run.

#11181 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Anyone have thoughts on what they think MSRP will be on the next run of this game? In the past the MSRP was higher than other premium edition games. Stern site still says 8799 for the premium but i doubt that will hold true for the next run.

I just contacted my distro today and he said he hasn't heard any more price changes. I'm in agreement with you, though. I think there will be another price hike. I would love to be wrong about that lol. Mine is still $8799 right now, plus the art blades and anti-glare glass. All in, with shipping, I'm probably looking at $10K.

#11182 1 year ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

I just contacted my distro today and he said he hasn't heard any more price changes. I'm in agreement with you, though. I think there will be another price hike. I would love to be wrong about that lol. Mine is still $8799 right now, plus the art blades and anti-glare glass. All in, with shipping, I'm probably looking at $10K.

Don’t forget the shaker.

#11183 1 year ago

This guys been unresponsive so don't get your hopes up if you PM'd him.

#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

This guys been unresponsive so don't get your hopes up if you PM'd him.

Try texting him, he did post his phone number, I texted him yesterday and got a response 5 minutes later. Could also be that it is now marked as sale pending.

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Try texting him, he did post his phone number, I texted him yesterday and got a response 5 minutes later. Could also be that it is now marked as sale pending.

Well, if you texted him already, then I wont bother him Did you snag it?

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Well, if you texted him already, then I wont bother him Did you snag it?

Haha no, he also has an EHOH Prem for sale, I was texting him about the game not the topper

#11187 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Didn’t say it was more fun. Just saying it looks awesome. Most toppers don’t do anything. Only paid RRP, still a lot and I did agonise over the price, but then I want to keep the pin. I didn’t use to be a topper guy. Now sort of caught the bug after AIQ and then STh. Anyways, I’m happy you’re happy, that’s what matters!

I used to say I'd never pay that much for a topper either but found one at msrp last year and bit the bullet. It is a fun topper and I don't regret the purchase at all. Overpriced? Probably but it is a good topper by topper standards.

#11188 1 year ago

BKSOR for me best topper. EHOH definitely my number 2. Sold my BKSOR and I do miss the topper, game not so much, I had a premium.

#11189 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I used to say I'd never pay that much for a topper either but found one at msrp last year and bit the bullet. It is a fun topper and I don't regret the purchase at all. Overpriced? Probably but it is a good topper by topper standards.

How about a $3200 topper?

R2D2 LIMITED EDITION TOPPER
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136939

#11190 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

See, I paid MRSP for a Stern JP topper and I kind of regret it... I mean, it looks cool and all, but I honestly forget its every there because I'm too busy playing the game. And then it really killed it for me when stern put "goat mania" into insider connected which made the topper specific mode pointless. I guess thats why I passed on that EHOH topper for $1k...

#11191 1 year ago

I love my EHOH Prem. I was fortunate to get the topper at MSRP for $1,000.

Got some mods bought and installed, looks great!

I power coated the armor (except coin door) in Prismatic Illusion Cherry. Really happy with it, looks richer / deeper that the flat black.

There's so much you can do with this game and also play it all the time.

I bought my EHOH the same time as my GNR's LE. Love both... but definitely give the edge to EHOH.

#11192 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I love my EHOH Prem. I was fortunate to get the topper at MSRP for $1,000.
Got some mods bought and installed, looks great!
I power coated the armor (except coin door) in Prismatic Illusion Cherry. Really happy with it, looks richer / deeper that the flat black.
There's so much you can do with this game and also play it all the time.
I bought my EHOH the same time as my GNR's LE. Love both... but definitely give the edge to EHOH.

I would have to give EHOH a huge edge. Sorry GNR has an awesome light show but damn I was bored with it. Shot like a dog.

#11193 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

See, I paid MRSP for a Stern JP topper and I kind of regret it... I mean, it looks cool and all, but I honestly forget its every there because I'm too busy playing the game. And then it really killed it for me when stern put "goat mania" into insider connected which made the topper specific mode pointless. I guess thats why I passed on that EHOH topper for $1k...

That’s why I went with the topper from Tilt. Couldn’t justify the price for the JP topper. Plexiglass and cheap looking.

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I was fortunate to get the topper at MSRP for $1,000.

A sentence none of those who bought a topper thought they would ever say when it was first announced.

#11195 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Hell no...

#11196 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I paid $3000 for mine and LOVE IT

#11197 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

A sentence none of those who bought a topper thought they would ever say when it was first announced.

I hear ya... I almost didn't pull the trigger at $999 when they came available again. And, I've seen some toppers go as high as $2,000+

Some of us drop some serious coin on toppers, mods, LED's, glass, DMD's, planes, powder coating, brassing etc.

I like many, do like the "Bling" some mods do to enhance our games.

#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I paid $3000 for mine and LOVE IT

I sold my Star Wars LE with R2 topper for $7500 a couple years ago. Times change! Cool topper tho.

#11199 1 year ago

Just an FYI, finally got my hands on an Elvira and have made 3 new light brackets for it. They're available in my pinside store here or on pinmonk.com. I'll also be posting temp testing results on the flipper coils once I get the testing done.

Freaky Fryer meter yellow to orange gradient bracket that matches the art next to the inserts:
E3-Meter-Before-After_sml (resized).jpgE3-Meter-Before-After_sml (resized).jpg

Gappa Angry red bracket:
Gappa_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgGappa_Before_After_sml (resized).jpg

Crypt Cleaner status light bracket:
Phase_Before_After_sml (resized).jpgPhase_Before_After_sml (resized).jpg

#11200 1 year ago

So Cassandra Peterson is gonna be in the new Munsters movie from Rob Zombie. I think she's playing Lily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/224?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.