IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 362.
#1001 4 years ago

the house ramp opto has ceased to work (the one just before the up/down post in the rear of the playfield). it doesn’t register in test, but when i unplug the connector and reconnect the post starts firing away. very strange.

#1002 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

1000th post, the owner's club keeps growing.

That's what she said!

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

That's what she said!

She should be happy with that

#1004 4 years ago

Fix for this ball stuck issue yet? Kinda ruins a competitive game.

IMG_20191201_203331270 (resized).jpgIMG_20191201_203331270 (resized).jpg
#1005 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Fix for this ball stuck issue yet? Kinda ruins a competitive game.[quoted image]

Nothing I’ve heard yet. I was talking to Pablo a week ago about this issue but he didn’t have an answer for me. Report it along with pictures if you haven’t already. It’ll help get things moving quicker.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Fix for this ball stuck issue yet? Kinda ruins a competitive game.[quoted image]

is that to the left of the left ramp?

#1007 4 years ago

anyone has pictures of the just announced topper and shooter knob for elvira?

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

anyone has pictures of the just announced topper and shooter knob for elvira?

Please post !!!

#1009 4 years ago
EF65174F-A9EF-4C82-836B-459FEFAF855E (resized).pngEF65174F-A9EF-4C82-836B-459FEFAF855E (resized).png
#1010 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

That has never happen to me but I also have the long wall on the side of my house which knocks down those fast balls. Anyway, it looks like the ball is getting stuck in the little gap between the left post of the gate and the plastic just to the south. I would remove the ramps and install a shaped piece of Lexan to fill in the gap between the two screws in the photo. You can take it a step further and add one of those clear rubber bumpers on top of the Lexan bridge you just made and completely fill the void the ball was get stuck in.
888446EF-E569-46E8-9752-E44B4E46DBE9 (resized).jpeg888446EF-E569-46E8-9752-E44B4E46DBE9 (resized).jpeg

#1011 4 years ago

Hope the topper has LEDs in the eyes
Maybe some flashers or this opens the door for aftermarket for sure

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hope the topper has LEDs in the eyes
Maybe some flashers or this opens the door for aftermarket for sure

Zooming in on the pic, it doesn't look like the eyes light up.
These are my guesses:
1. There are lights (hopefully interactive RGB that coordinates with the haunts) in the base that shine up on on the gargoyles and crypt sign.
2. The middle section appears to be separate and padded at the bottom and might indicate movement. Like someone is trying to escape from the crypt.
3. I would like to think the gargoyles might bounce a little, but I'm not seeing anything to indicate this. They are separate from the base, but that could just be the way it's assembled.

I think it will be pretty cool and I'll definitely get one.

#1013 4 years ago

I noticed in .87 there’s a test setting or sensor “topper sense motion” or something along those lines. (Been a week since I last looked)
So the likelihood the topper moves in some capacity is probably high.

#1014 4 years ago

I’m a sucker for toppers, will definitely order one and a BK topper too

#1015 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’m a sucker for toppers, will definitely order one and a BK topper too

Same here especially since it seems like they have movement tied to the game, may end up getting both of Stern's BK and Elvira toppers.

#1016 4 years ago

We got our hands on another Elvira Signature Edition if anyone didn’t get the opportunity to purchase one at release.

Contact us at Flip N Out Pinball
[email protected]

#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope. Looks like you need to sell your game. I’ll meet you halfway. I’m off work all of December, let’s schedule a date for pickup.

Ok, so clearly I am in the minority, so I am looking for an explanation. I think it has potential to be really fun. But, I still don’t get it. Why would anyone elect to fill a high def color screen with drab, poorly lit, boring movie stills?

Case in point:

0AC4318C-1CD3-49B5-83DD-0DE3E773E6EC (resized).jpeg0AC4318C-1CD3-49B5-83DD-0DE3E773E6EC (resized).jpeg
#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Why would anyone elect to fill a high def color screen with drab, poorly lit, boring movie stills?

Exactly, it’s great!

#1019 4 years ago
91367D6E-C5BB-4860-BED2-826202B03605 (resized).jpeg91367D6E-C5BB-4860-BED2-826202B03605 (resized).jpeg
#1020 4 years ago

Got my premium today and just got done setting it up, no issues at all, plays as it should so far. The clear coat is noticeably thinner and no artwork at the posts. I like the thinner clear, reminds me more of a bw playfield.

Plays much better than what I played at expo. No airballs, ball locks behind the target every time, no issues in the house (didn’t see it spin, not sure when it’s supposed to), trunk works as it should. Liking the game and nice to be able to hear everything.

Mods coming this week, I hope, just need to find time to break away from filling orders.

Anyone have a shaker? Is it active?

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Exactly, it’s great!

Ok, it’s great. Why is it great? The audio quality is so bad on ‘Werewolf of Washington’ that the dialogue is all but unintelligible. Batman 66 videos are a blast, hoping Elvira gets there as well.
3969FFE6-EF8D-4918-89F7-787B1A612BBA (resized).jpeg3969FFE6-EF8D-4918-89F7-787B1A612BBA (resized).jpegD5ACCB70-F5DE-4F6B-B886-1A0741C54CAC (resized).jpegD5ACCB70-F5DE-4F6B-B886-1A0741C54CAC (resized).jpeg

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Ok, it’s great. Why is it great? The audio quality is so bad on ‘Werewolf of Washington’ that the dialogue is all but unintelligible. Batman 66 videos are a blast, hoping Elvira gets there as well.[quoted image][quoted image]

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I am really trying to enjoy this game, but.... the old movie clips are more dreary than fun. The animations are great, but rare compared to shitty 50 year old black and white movie clips and stills. I feel like there is a fun game hidden in there, but right now I don’t get it. I think I have heard, “they’re coming for you Barbara” about 300 times (day 4 of ownership). Am I missing something?

dump it and sell it to me please. that is never going to change. that is the main part of the elvira theme here...

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Ok, it’s great. Why is it great?

I bought this game because I’m a fan of Elvira and the z grade films showcased on movie macabre. So far I’m not disappointed in the use of the film clips and I think they fit the theme perfect.

#1025 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Ok, it’s great. Why is it great? The audio quality is so bad on ‘Werewolf of Washington’ that the dialogue is all but unintelligible. Batman 66 videos are a blast, hoping Elvira gets there as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

if you dont enjoy b movies you will never get why it is great.

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

if you dont enjoy b movies you will never get why it is great.

I do... that’s the thing. But what’s cool about a clip of the National Mall that easily could have come from my Grandpa’s home movie of his 1952 trip to DC?

#1027 4 years ago

Yeah you definitely must be into b movies to enjoy this game. Personally I would have loved it if it was 80's b movies like Chopping Mall, TerrorVision, etc but I still like it with these older movies.

#1028 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah you definitely must be into b movies to enjoy this game. Personally I would have loved it if it was 80's b movies like Chopping Mall, TerrorVision, etc but I still like it with these older movies.

Well, more to my point. If you’re going to show clips from Werewolf of Washington, why not show the Fing werewolf? Instead, we get a generic shot of the mall and a watergate sign?

#1029 4 years ago

I apologize if this has been discussed before…Are we to expect future code having the film reel at the bottom of a house mode and filling in as shots are made (like in teenagers from outer space) or is that going away (like every other movie).

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Well, more to my point. If you’re going to show clips from Werewolf of Washington, why not show the Fing werewolf? Instead, we get a generic shot of the mall and a watergate sign?

I take it you haven't killed the werewolf.

#1031 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I apologize if this has been discussed before…Are we to expect future code having the film reel at the bottom of a house mode and filling in as shots are made (like in teenagers from outer space) or is that going away (like every other movie).

I would expect it to be added to all haunts.

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

Hopefully this will help me make the skill shot more!

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I take it you haven't killed the werewolf.

Nope, I am too busy being annoyed at the stock footage of the White House which could have come from any film ever set in DC

#1034 4 years ago

I always had the same question. But, I think the turret will play into this(guess). Perhaps when the turret turns another 6 films appear? And maybe 1 has a film reel? Idk. I also want to know when Eegah will appear, as he and a few others are on the translite. I want to think the turret will be the big factor into this game being great

Quoted from Aniraf:

#1035 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my premium today and just got done setting it up, no issues at all, plays as it should so far. The clear coat is noticeably thinner and no artwork at the posts. I like the thinner clear, reminds me more of a bw playfield.
Plays much better than what I played at expo. No airballs, ball locks behind the target every time, no issues in the house (didn’t see it spin, not sure when it’s supposed to), trunk works as it should. Liking the game and nice to be able to hear everything.
Mods coming this week, I hope, just need to find time to break away from filling orders.
Anyone have a shaker? Is it active?

Congrats, what mods did you order ?

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I always had the same question. But, I think the turret will play into this(guess). Perhaps when the turret turns another 6 films appear? And maybe 1 has a film reel? Idk. I also want to know when Eegah will appear, as he and a few others are on the translite. I want to think the turret will be the big factor into this game being great

Oh, interesting. I have been wondering how that is going to play into the game. Also that stand up target next to the for sale sign that has $s all over it.

#1037 4 years ago

Looking for some nice score cards for my LE

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

[quoted image]

I was really hoping the topper would be an elaborate Elvira with jiggling assets it would have been hilarious and campy perfect for the theme. Interested to see what this one does though.

#1039 4 years ago

The code will get better.....more film clips and more audio will be added.......features will be fleshed out.....etc.
Y'all are acting like we haven't seen this before!
There is a reason why the current code is still 0.XX, people. IT'S NOT FINISHED!!!!

#1040 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The code will get better.....more film clips and more audio will be added.......features will be fleshed out.....etc.
Y'all are acting like we haven't seen this before!
There is a reason why the current code is still 0.XX, people. IT'S NOT FINISHED!!!!

With Lyman on code your guaranteed a finished product with plenty of depth and polish, Stern didn’t put Lyman on this title by accident, the man code sells games!

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With Lyman on code your guaranteed a finished product with plenty of depth and polish, Stern didn’t put Lyman on this title by accident, the man code sells games!

He is partly why I bought the game. I have no doubt it will get better. I am simply questioning why they are choosing such boring scenes and stills. Hey, a flick with a cheese ball werewolf rampaging DC? Sweet, let’s use the stock clips of scenery, cuz that’s fun.

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

He is partly why I bought the game. I have no doubt it will get better. I am simply questioning why they are choosing such boring scenes and stills. Hey, a flick with a cheese ball werewolf rampaging DC? Sweet, let’s use the stock clips of scenery, cuz that’s fun.

Lyman did the same process with BM66, a lot of placeholder stills used while he was fleshing out the code and building the structure of the game, once that was done the video and audio assets where all added and polished.

I wouldn’t worry about what’s on the lcd at the minute based on BM66 Lyman gets all the rules and modes in place before finalising the video and audio and lastly the audio and lighting.

#1043 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Lyman did the same process with BM66, a lot of placeholder stills used while he was fleshing out the code and building the structure of the game, once that was done the video and audio assets where all added and polished.
I wouldn’t worry about what’s on the lcd at the minute based on BM66 Lyman gets all the rules and modes in place before finalising the video and audio and lastly the audio and lighting.

On the Flip-n-Out stream last night, Chuck Ernst mentioned that Lyman had pulled something like 3700 clips from the movies. For reference, BM66 only has around 800. I'm sure not all will make it into the game, but after all that work, I'm sure a lot of them will get used.

*Edit: I think a portion of those may be Elvira's clips (around 100). I was working on buying a pin while I was watching the stream, so it's a little foggy.

#1044 4 years ago

The point is........CLEARLY there are still A LOT of lighting effects, audio, and video assets still to be added!!

#1045 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

The point is........CLEARLY there are still A LOT of lighting effects, audio, and video assets still to be added!!

witch (resized).jpgwitch (resized).jpg
#1046 4 years ago

When is the turret supposed to spin?

#1047 4 years ago

Can an owner do a test for me PLEASE?

Trying to diagnose an issue that has come about post 0.87 code install where the center ramp flap goes into UP position during a game, ball ends, and ramps stays in up position.

Power cycling does nothing, starting a new game does nothing. The ramp stays in UP position untill someone goes into settings and puts it back down.

I can find no issues with switches and no issues with the physical mech. The game functions fine in test mode for me and I can lower or raise ramp in test.

What I would like for an owner to test...
Turn on your game
Go into test mode, move ramp to up position.
Turn off game while in UP position.
Wait
Turn game back on and tell me what happens with the ramp. i.e. does it go down? does it go down, then up? what happens?
Then, star t a game and tell me if ramp goes down (if it did not do so on reboot already)

thanks, in advance!

#1048 4 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – DECEMBER 2019:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.87.0). This code contains bug fixes, additional polish and game enhancements that will significantly improve the gameplay and reliability of your game. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#1049 4 years ago

Hi all,
Just finished unboxing.
Serial: E297363
#036/400
MFG date: October 14, 2019
Anti airball plastic installed.
Now it's time to update code and play!
Unpleasant dream...
SAM_3359 (resized).JPGSAM_3359 (resized).JPG

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from legui:

Hi all,
Just finished unboxing.
Serial: E297363
#036/400
Anti airball plastic installed.
Now it's time to update code and play!
Unpleasant dream...
[quoted image]

Great! What is your manufacturing date?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/21?hl=legui and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.