IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 363.
#10901 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I joined the club today. A couple of issues on my game that I need help fixing:
1) The ball gets stuck in the cellar. I can hear the coil trying to fire and then it goes to an error (basement lockup or something like that) and does not work. The only way to get the ball out is to open up, lift the playfield, and push the ball out to the right with my finger.
2) The "G" gargoyle does not fire up. Just by looking at it quickly I haven't figured out how it works.

On 2, it’s a leaf switch. Make sure nothing is binding preventing it from activating. Might be the gargoyle is just a little misaligned, or the leaf switch gap is too wide. Try to push on it in test mode to see if it activates.

1 might be an opto, but if coil is trying to fire, would seem opto is working. Something not registering properly or coil has an issue.

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

1 might be an opto, but if coil is trying to fire, would seem opto is working. Something not registering properly or coil has an issue.

After playing with a bit the error went away. Of course now when I shoot the front door sometimes the game will have to go into ball search to shoot the ball back out.

#10903 2 years ago

when I go into diagnostics I get this error

IMG_1244 (resized).jpegIMG_1244 (resized).jpeg
#10904 2 years ago

Check to make sure your Back Door opto is working. (Put the game into switch test and roll a ball into the back door entrance.) I suspect it needs to be cleaned and/or realigned.

#10905 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Check to make sure your Back Door opto is working. (Put the game into switch test and roll a ball into the back door entrance.) I suspect it needs to be cleaned and/or realigned.

So you’re saying he’s got a dirty back door??

#10906 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So you’re saying he’s got a dirty back door??

Elvira can be a dirty girl.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

make sure your Back Door opto is working

A dirty back door opto is known as a brown eye.

#10908 2 years ago

I think one of my issues is the opto on the black subway behind the backboard. The opto is attached to a bracket that attaches to the backboard. I took it off and cleaned it. I reinstalled it and it still did not work. I went into switch test and it did not register. I took it off again and one side has a red led that was on but the other with the red bulb had nothing (not sure if this should light up too? I went into test mode and ran my fingers between the opto's and it did not register. I also covered up both Otto's with my fingers and nothing. Not sure how this opto works as it is a little different style than I am used too. It has a small tiny square on one side (with the led that lights up) and a small glass bulb on the other side that was not lit.

The lesser issue is only one gargoyle jumps very high. One does not jump at all but they all register hits.

#10909 2 years ago

Well I got the opto to register in switch mode when it is not attached to the backboard in the game but when I attach it in to the game I cant get it to work. When I turn the game on the post in the black subway that lets the ball drop to the pop bumpers keeps firing until I get a game error.,

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Well I got the opto to register in switch mode when it is not installed in the game but when I put it in the game I cant get it to work. When I turn the game on the post in the black subway that lets the ball drop to the pop bumpers keeps firing until I get a game error.,

This happens if you don't have the opto aligned correctly. When reinstalling that opto, after you screw the bracket in a little bit turn the game on and go into switch test mode. Use switch test to confirm you have the opto aligned properly and then screw it in tight while holding it aligned properly. If you don't use switch test to guide you on this it can be very difficult to get the opto lined up correctly. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time screwing it on, firing up the game, realizing it's not aligned correctly, adjusting it, firing up the game, realizing it's not aligned correctly... and on and on until it's correct.

Screwing the opto bracket in with switch test on gets it done pretty quickly in one try.

#10911 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This happens if you don't have the opto aligned correctly. When reinstalling that opto, after you screw the bracket in a little bit turn the game on and go into switch test mode. Use switch test to confirm you have the opto aligned properly and then screw it in tight while holding it aligned properly. If you don't use switch test to guide you on this it can be very difficult to get the opto lined up correctly. Otherwise you'll spend a lot of time screwing it on, firing up the game, realizing it's not aligned correctly, adjusting it, firing up the game, realizing it's not aligned correctly... and on and on until it's correct.

Thanks - seems very tricky, I was testing it when I put it back together but once I got it all together it didn't work so probably shifted a little. I also have to take the post out to reach the opto bracket. I will try it again testing it more like you say. Thanks

#10912 2 years ago

Not the sexiest Elvira card but funny with my head in between her two
But got a very nice cover and a nice card from Custom Pinball thanks a lot.

76C8FEE4-12FC-49B8-BCD8-12095FBC2B67 (resized).jpeg76C8FEE4-12FC-49B8-BCD8-12095FBC2B67 (resized).jpegA3915871-E91D-4324-8252-9CF9A1AC629F (resized).jpegA3915871-E91D-4324-8252-9CF9A1AC629F (resized).jpegB671A251-A58C-42F9-95F9-E53A611F35A5 (resized).jpegB671A251-A58C-42F9-95F9-E53A611F35A5 (resized).jpeg
#10913 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Not the sexiest Elvira card but funny with my head in between her two
But got a very nice cover and a nice card from Custom Pinball thanks a lot.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that amazing cover? I'd love to get one.

Fantastic card too

#10914 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Where did you get that amazing cover? I'd love to get one.
Fantastic card too

The cover is custom, normally it is red and green to fit the premium but he changed the color to purple for my Elvira 40th. Same with the card.
I got everything from Custom Pinball located in France.

EDF01312-1988-42EF-A2B0-1E89023A49E7 (resized).jpegEDF01312-1988-42EF-A2B0-1E89023A49E7 (resized).jpeg
#10915 2 years ago

I’ve noticed shots to the house are awarding me left loop shots. House modes all work fine but during multiball a shot to the house awards the left loop. Switch tests seem fine. Can’t get a random loop shot to fire by banging on the playfield. I don’t think it use to do this or maybe I just noticed. Any ideas? ‍♂️

#10916 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Screwing the opto bracket in with switch test on gets it done pretty quickly in one try.

I hope I fixed my issue with the house lock opto. The red bulb opto led was broken at the board. I resoldered the crack joint and it started working again. I use your method to get it aligned and all seems to be working now.

The next step is getting the Gargoyles to jump higher. Is the jumping of the Gargoyles just from the force of the ball or is it mechanical in some way? The switches work for all the gargoyles.

#10917 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I hope I fixed my issue with the house lock opto. The red bulb opto led was broken at the board. I resoldered the crack joint and it started working again. I use your method to get it aligned and all seems to be working now.
The next step is getting the Gargoyles to jump higher. Is the jumping of the Gargoyles just from the force of the ball or is it mechanical in some way? The switches work for all the gargoyles.

I don't think the gargoyles are mechanical. I haven't looked into them myself before. Here's a post from Rdoyle1978 with some advice on how to make them jump:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/91#post-5796926

#10918 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Depends on which one you are looking for. I got mine on eBay.
[quoted image]

I really like the looks of this. Did the card come in that plastic holder and did you have to adjust anything to make it fit? I have a premium and would like to do something similar

#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

I really like the looks of this. Did the card come in that plastic holder and did you have to adjust anything to make it fit? I have a premium and would like to do something similar

Yes - the authenticated signatures are encased in plastic. No adjustments necessary - I just put a magnetic backing on it - but a low tack double sided tape would work too.

Just search for Elvira signed card on eBay and pick your favorite.

This one is out there now and is pretty awesome:

ebay.com link: itm

F23EEE6D-E0EB-43B0-B5E8-7A59C5837C9B (resized).pngF23EEE6D-E0EB-43B0-B5E8-7A59C5837C9B (resized).png

#10920 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don't think the gargoyles are mechanical. I haven't looked into them myself before. Here's a post from Rdoyle1978 with some advice on how to make them jump:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/91#post-5796926

Correct - They are not mechanical, just move from the velocity of the ball. The targets and the slots their rods stick through are 2 pieces and can bind - see my post.

#10921 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I think one of my issues is the opto on the black subway behind the backboard. The opto is attached to a bracket that attaches to the backboard. I took it off and cleaned it. I reinstalled it and it still did not work. I went into switch test and it did not register. I took it off again and one side has a red led that was on but the other with the red bulb had nothing (not sure if this should light up too? I went into test mode and ran my fingers between the opto's and it did not register. I also covered up both Otto's with my fingers and nothing. Not sure how this opto works as it is a little different style than I am used too. It has a small tiny square on one side (with the led that lights up) and a small glass bulb on the other side that was not lit.
The lesser issue is only one gargoyle jumps very high. One does not jump at all but they all register hits.

Have you removed the foam on underside of the playfield?

#10922 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

The cover is custom, normally it is red and green to fit the premium but he changed the color to purple for my Elvira 40th. Same with the card.
I got everything from Custom Pinball located in France.[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing pictures !

#10923 2 years ago

Hey everyone! Figured I would drop a link here. I've got a Dead Pool premium for trade and looking for Elvira HoH if anyone is interested in a trade. Happy flipping!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133036

#10924 2 years ago

Does insider connected work with Elvira premium? Any issues with install on the apron?

#10925 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Does insider connected work with Elvira premium? Any issues with install on the apron?

Yes.

No.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10926 2 years ago

Just listed my Elvira Collector Card Apron Display mod. Each display is unique and numbered, limited to 40 unique card displays.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-collector-card-apron-display-limited-to-40

7308BA30-2449-480A-AF02-BF9BC07E0417 (resized).jpeg7308BA30-2449-480A-AF02-BF9BC07E0417 (resized).jpegCFAAF771-09D7-42B6-AA38-84D1152CAF04 (resized).jpegCFAAF771-09D7-42B6-AA38-84D1152CAF04 (resized).jpegFB57C356-E3BF-40C2-893E-CDE26BADCF03 (resized).jpegFB57C356-E3BF-40C2-893E-CDE26BADCF03 (resized).jpeg
#10927 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just listed my Elvira Collector Card Apron Display mod. Each display is unique and numbered, limited to 40 unique card displays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-collector-card-apron-display-limited-to-40[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just PM'ed ya.

Please put me down for one.

Absolutely Fantastic

#10928 2 years ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

I got everything from Custom Pinball located in France.[quoted image]

They don’t show it on their website anymore. It’s kinda empty. Do you have some sort of productnumber I can mention?

#10929 2 years ago
Quoted from Powersoft:

They don’t show it on their website anymore. It’s kinda empty. Do you have some sort of productnumber I can mention?

What is the web address for them?

#10930 2 years ago

I just noticed something on my Elvira today when I was installing my new mod. I have asked before if anyone could beat my build date of 10/01/2019. Nobody that chimed in could. The closest person was several days off. Because of that I believe I have a day one build machine. Fast forward to today. I removed my coin box and saw this. Now I am thinking I might have the first unit off the line that wasn't a prototype. Any other early LE owners have a tape number under their coin box?

20220410_124836 (resized).jpg20220410_124836 (resized).jpg

#10931 2 years ago
Quoted from Powersoft:

You can send him a message on pinside or contact him on messenger. The name is “Custom pinball” with a yellow logo as I posted above. But you are right it is not on his web page

#10932 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I just noticed something on my Elvira today when I was installing my new mod. I have asked before if anyone could beat my build date of 10/01/2019. Nobody that chimed in could. The closest person was several days off. Because of that I believe I have a day one build machine. Fast forward to today. I removed my coin box and saw this. Now I am thinking I might have the first unit off the line that wasn't a prototype. Any other early LE owners have a tape number under their coin box?
[quoted image]

I don't have any tape in my coin box area but mine has a 1 Oct 2019 date as well.

20220411_094246 (resized).jpg20220411_094246 (resized).jpg
#10933 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I don't have any tape in my coin box area but mine has a 1 Oct 2019 date as well.
[quoted image]

Interesting. What number are you? I’m 110 but have the 10/1/19 build date. Other LE owners with earlier numbers have later build dates. I think Stern built a bunch of them and then stuck on the serial numbers and number plates. Regardless, I think you also have a day one built machine unless someone chimes in with an earlier date.

#10934 2 years ago

Interesting. What number are you? I’m 110 but have the 10/1/19 build date. Other LE owners with earlier numbers have later build dates. I think Stern built a bunch of them and then stuck on the serial numbers and number plates. Regardless, I think you also have a day one built machine unless someone chimes in with an earlier date.

#106...there is a small list on page one of this discussion.

20220411_122054 (resized).jpg20220411_122054 (resized).jpg
#10935 2 years ago

LEs were/are not built in LE number order.

#10936 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

LEs were/are not built in LE number order.

That has been known for a long time. Build date is the actual order off the assembly line. As of now it looks like #110 and #106 were day one builds. My distributor also had #105 at the time the same time he had my game. I wonder what the build date is on that game. It appears to be owned by Blackzarak.

#10937 2 years ago

That has been known for a long time. Build date is the actual order off the assembly line.

I was just responding to your post where you seemed to question that.

#10938 2 years ago

Hey, if anyone is looking for a topper or some gameroom decor. I have this one up in marketplace

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Elvira HOH topper. Very good shape, has LED strip attached to bottom. Willing to trade towards Jurassic Park or TMNT topper. Free shipping in the Cont US OBRO”
2022-03-26
Suffield, CT
300 (OBO)
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 242 times

#10939 2 years ago

Seems like the Nov date for builds is holding up. I really thought it was going to get pushed back to Feb.

I had a distro email me the other day that they had toppers incoming and to place a "deposit"...... for a moment I thought "oh yes!! Finally they built some more!!". Then I went to the page, and no, it was a lie..... filthy distro had held back their stock from before and were asking the bargain price of $1875

Noticed a different distro is now charging $9999 for the next Elvira run also.

Dealers are the scalpers.

#10940 2 years ago

9899 or 9999 sounds about right... Don't know if I will actually pay that, but it sounds right... Still not sure my deposit will ever become a "please pay in full". No need to fret or decide yet!

#10941 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Seems like the Nov date for builds is holding up. I really thought it was going to get pushed back to Feb.
I had a distro email me the other day that they had toppers incoming and to place a "deposit"...... for a moment I thought "oh yes!! Finally they built some more!!". Then I went to the page, and no, it was a lie..... filthy distro had held back their stock from before and were asking the bargain price of $1875
Noticed a different distro is now charging $9999 for the next Elvira run also.
Dealers are the scalpers.

Yeah, had the same experience from "Gameroom Goodies" out of AZ. Added my name to the list to be notified when the topper was back in stock and started receiving texts and emails this week notifying me they had stock available at $1,875. Frustrating, especially when you see Pinsiders flipping EHOH toppers for the same. I'll keep looking.

#10942 2 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

9899 or 9999 sounds about right... Don't know if I will actually pay that, but it sounds right... Still not sure my deposit will ever become a "please pay in full". No need to fret or decide yet!

It "should" be $8799 or $8999....... I completely expect the MSRP to be $9399 by the time they build them, but I wonder if the distros and dealers will hike to $10k in order to shake lists out and bring them inline with how many they actually get allocated.

I know at the place I put my deposit, he said they have an order in with Stern for 25 units and that I was low on the list (whatever that means) and wouldn't have a problem being fulfilled if they shorted him. Of course you can't believe anything or anyone the way things are going.
That's why I'm hoping they do another edition, at least you know they'll make them.

Once the next cornerstone hits, I bet the deposit slots go down a little. How many switched to GZ after all that hype? All that money needs somewhere to go, maybe Toy Story will suck some of the reservations away as well.

#10943 2 years ago

I've heard from a few distros now, it won't be 8799/8999 anymore. That was the price before the last 2 Stern increases, so 9799/9999 is what I expect to see. Prices when the deposit was made, mean nothing in Stern's world.

#10944 2 years ago

I would *love* to see 8,999.

It is hard to see that will be the case in 7 months, when all other Stern Premiums are 9, and Elvira is a special game that used to cost more than a cornerstone premium.

Also "rumored price hike in August".

We'll see!

#10945 2 years ago

I know for sure it was $8999 in Jan, and it was $8799 in Dec.

#10946 2 years ago

9,499 is number being discussed.

#10947 2 years ago

Is it still possible to order a premium or get on a list?

If anyone is thinking of backing out, contact me pm.

#10948 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Is it still possible to order a premium or get on a list?
If anyone is thinking of backing out, contact me pm.

Sure, put $1000 down with a distro. If they're decent they can tell you if you'll fall within their allocation.

Some people will shake out later in the year for sure, especially if there's a big price increase or delay into feb-march.

#10949 2 years ago

Wow. I haven't been contacted by my distro yet, but I'm going to have to start questioning the rationale of spending $10K on what is effectively a toy. Going from $8400 to $8700 was hard enough. The only real upside is that I know it's an investment that will hold its value.

#10950 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Wow. I haven't been contacted by my distro yet, but I'm going to have to start questioning the rationale of spending $10K on what is effectively a toy. Going from $8400 to $8700 was hard enough. The only real upside is that I know it's an investment that will hold its value.

Not much incentive for Stern to run more at this point when they can keep dragging their feet and raising the price every few months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/219 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.