Screenshot_20220730-195003_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220730-195028_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220730-195721_Chrome (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
tumblr_8af551fa68d209f7b867e07afdb18110_d936f06d_500(1) (resized).png
20220726_080421 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,452 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 230.
#10851 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

My 40th is the most beautiful machine in my lineup, possibly the most beautiful pinball thing I've ever laid eyes on. While gameplay is obviously the most important factor, pinball is about the whole audio-visual experience, especially when ownership is involved. I assure you that I play my 40th and love every second of it.
You are happy with the cheapest option? Good for you... enjoy it, but your comments on relative value, games ending up in the landfill anyhow or the 40th being too expensive to play are just ridiculous.

#10852 4 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

My 40th is the most beautiful machine in my lineup, possibly the most beautiful pinball thing I've ever laid eyes on. While gameplay is obviously the most important factor, pinball is about the whole audio-visual experience, especially when ownership is involved. I assure you that I play my 40th and love every second of it.
You are happy with the cheapest option? Good for you... enjoy it, but your comments on relative value, games ending up in the landfill anyhow or the 40th being too expensive to play are just ridiculous.

If you have the money, great. I too struggle with the price of the 40th anniversary edition when, outside of the cabinet and a few bells and whistles, it is exactly the same game as the other versions.

#10853 4 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If you have the money, great. I too struggle with the price of the 40th anniversary edition when, outside of the cabinet and a few bells and whistles, it is exactly the same game as the other versions.

if you struggle about that, then it is not for you. Take the premium, perfect game, beautifull cabinet (and even buy another game. If you appreciate the bells and whistles and have the money take the 40th.

#10854 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

if you struggle about that, then it is not for you. Take the premium, perfect game, beautifull cabinet (and even buy another game. If you appreciate the bells and whistles and have the money take the 40th.

Isn't that basically what I said?... well, I guess that and that I don't see the bells and whistles on the 40th to justify the price difference.

#10855 4 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Isn't that basically what I said?... well, I guess that and that I don't see the bells and whistles on the 40th to justify the price difference.

Right?!?!? I could buy a 40th, but why? Just because I can doesn't mean I should. I don't like wasting money.

#10856 4 months ago

Does anybody know how to get the moderators to stop JohnnyPinball007 from up voting ever friggin post!! Hello moderators….. do you win an award for that or something

#10857 4 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

do you win an award for that or something

You do early on, I maxed out long ago.

I mainly just upvote every post here because most everyone here is so helpful.

Sometimes I start not to upvote a few, and then I think hell, I will go ahead and upvote those also.

#10858 4 months ago

I’m looking for the set of anyone has it for sale

#10859 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Sometimes I start not to upvote a few, and then I think hell, I will go ahead and upvote those also.

Johnny your support has got me through some rough times.

#10860 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Guess it makes the whole upvote thing redundant then.

#10861 4 months ago

I've ordered an Elvira: Can some of you kindly recommend some mods and where to get them?

I'll start reading the thread too to see whats still available. I know I'm a little late to the party, it's been 2 years now since the release.
Anyone who has stuff lying around for sale, PM me.

#10862 4 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

I've ordered an Elvira: Can some of you kindly recommend some mods and where to get them?
I'll start reading the thread too to see whats still available. I know I'm a little late to the party, it's been 2 years now since the release.

You can see what we offer here:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/categories/elviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-mods

Crypt sign is the most popular.

#10863 4 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

Maybe a camper? PM me if you do. Lots of pics of it page 216 or search thread for camper

#10864 4 months ago

Is Medisinyl still doing the ramp coffin/ scoop Gargoyle? That's an amazing add-on.

#10865 4 months ago
Quoted from Faust:

I hope your distro is able to come through. I ordered mine almost a year ago and I'm still not 100% confident that I'll get it when they build them in Nov/Dec. Hopeful, but not confident.

#10866 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is Medisinyl still doing the ramp coffin/ scoop Gargoyle? That's an amazing add-on.

I appreciate the mention and positive feedback .

They're still available, and the list can be seen toward the end of the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

The limited 40th set is already spoken for, but the standard set is still available with three casket options, and includes the V2 gargoyle VUK that was updated in Nov. 2021.

Anyone interested can PM me for more information and to get on the list. End of the current list may be a few weeks out from now.

#10867 4 months ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

I hope your distro is able to come through. I ordered mine almost a year ago and I'm still not 100% confident that I'll get it when they build them in Nov/Dec. Hopeful, but not confident.

Yea allotments are all sold out at every Distro for the Nov run and I have a feeling that no one is going to get the # of games they put in for.

#10868 4 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate the mention and positive feedback .
They're still available, and the list can be seen toward the end of the thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods
The limited 40th set is already spoken for, but the standard set is still available with three casket options, and includes the V2 gargoyle VUK that was updated in Nov. 2021.
Anyone interested can PM me for more information and to get on the list. End of the current list may be a few weeks out from now.

Those mods should be #1 priority on this game. The crypt facade upgrade is also nice. Add some miniature train set trees for the house grounds, and you're done.

#10869 4 months ago

Don’t forget the awesome LCD screens for the apron from Docquest.

#10870 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:Yea allotments are all sold out at every Distro for the Nov run and I have a feeling that no one is going to get the # of games they put in for.

Time for another EHOH limited edition!! Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants? Scrub most/all of the premiums in que and final run of some additional version (not 40th) with the remaining parts. They've done it before......

Thing is: I'd buy it.

#10871 4 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Don’t forget the awesome LCD screens for the apron from Docquest.

Yes! Sorry docquest - saw him at TPF, lost him before I could say hello

#10872 4 months ago

Agreed on the tops mods for EHOH. The Medisinyl set and docquest mods are a MUST! High quality mod makers that are worth every penny.

Added mirror blades to my EHOH Premium and a Shaker motor. Waiting on my Insider Connected kit and I'll be done.

#10873 4 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Agreed on the tops mods for EHOH. The Medisinyl set and docquest mods are a MUST! High quality mod makers that are worth every penny.
Added mirror blades to my EHOH Premium and a Shaker motor. Waiting on my Insider Connected kit and I'll be done.

Make sure you get the mod to put the Insider Connected on your coin door and you are set. I have the dual screen docquest mods, 40th anniversary Medisnyl mod, mirror blades, and just added the camper mod. It feels pretty complete. Add the topper of course if you can find one for retail.

#10874 4 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptise:

Add the topper of course if you can find one for retail.

Haha, mission impossible. Only seem to available to flippers these days.

#10875 4 months ago

I LOL'd when I saw this. Nice try Gameroom Goodies

#10876 4 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Haha, mission impossible. Only seem to available to flippers these days.

Now the dealers are the flippers!!

#10877 4 months ago

Hi,

I am having a problem where my haunts start without qualifying for them. They just at random. Looks like switch 11 for House Lock is kicking off with any movement on the pin. I guess that's what is causing the issue? Any idea how you get to that? Not exactly sure where I should be looking.

#10878 4 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I LOL'd when I saw this. Nice try Gameroom Goodies
[quoted image]

I’m still hoping to get the Stern Armor that I ordered last year, I’m told it’s coming but supply chain issues have delayed Stern from getting it made.

#10879 4 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m still hoping to get the Stern Armor that I ordered last year, I’m told it’s coming but supply chain issues have delayed Stern from getting it made.

Does Stern do multiple runs of armor? That was something I was curious about too.... seen art blades, shooters and toppers get restocked but not re-runs of armor.

There was a few different sets of armor I'd like for games I intend to get in the future, but they're all gone (and have been for a long time). Never restocked.

Anyone know?

#10880 4 months ago

Brought this over from another thread, maybe you guys can answer this for me. What is Elvira considered since like BM66 it did not have a pro version, I had thought it was a Kapow title but apparently it is not.

D6013C4F-F409-4E57-A203-FAF15A94C443 (resized).jpeg
#10881 4 months ago

Brought this over from another thread, maybe you guys can answer this for me. What is Elvira considered since like BM66 it did not have a pro version, I had thought it was a Kapow title but apparently it is not.
[quoted image]

Well it's not a cornerstone..... I guess you could call it whatever you want, studio is as good as any. Or we could call all the future non-Kapow one-offs "Elvira's"

I'd love to know the production #'s, especially in relation to all the cornerstone titles.

#10882 4 months ago

[quoted image]

It was answered in the first sentence of the first post. Stern refers to titles such as Batman '66 and Elvira as Studio Titles.

Stern's designations are: Cornerstone Title, Studio Title, Vault Edition, The Pin/Pin/Home Edition

Quoted from PinStalker:

I'd love to know the production #'s, especially in relation to all the cornerstone titles.

The pinball manufacturers are private companies and do not publish financial data including production numbers.

#10883 4 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It was answered in the first sentence of the first post. Stern refers to titles such as Batman '66 and Elvira as Studio Titles.
Stern's designations are: Cornerstone Title, Studio Title, Vault Edition, The Pin/Pin/Home Edition

The pinball manufacturers are private companies and do not publish financial data including production numbers.

So studio titles don’t have Pro models or are Elvira and BM66 exceptions?

#10884 4 months ago

So studio titles don’t have Pro models

Correct

#10885 4 months ago

Someone better?

FE2A980D-50AE-454E-839B-252042BB7D2B (resized).jpeg
#10886 4 months ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Someone better?
[quoted image]

How is that even possible? That must have been a two hour game.

#10887 4 months ago

Right ramp opto acting up.

#10888 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from Sokrates:
Someone better?
[quoted image]

As Socrates would say:

“We cannot live better than in seeking to become better.”
― Socrates

#10889 4 months ago

Where can I find Elvira HOH custom apron cards?

#10890 4 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Where can I find Elvira HOH custom apron cards?

Depends on which one you are looking for. I got mine on eBay.

81CCF479-88D9-40C7-B6E8-206D3C66BDB6 (resized).jpeg

#10892 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Depends on which one you are looking for. I got mine on eBay.

I could always go the eBay route but was looking for one that I could print off myself.

#10893 4 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I could always go the eBay route but was looking for one that I could print off myself.

I was just showing an alternate approach - getting a signed card similar to the SLE/40th cards as opposed to displaying a pricing card.

Here is the thread you seek:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

#10894 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I was just showing an alternate approach - getting a signed card similar to the SLE/40th cards as opposed to displaying a pricing card.
Here is the thread you seek:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

I appreciate it, the link is what I wanted. I went into that thread but I clicked the link to games at the top and didn't see Elvira HOH. Thanks!!

#10895 4 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Right ramp opto acting up.

Actually I am not sure what it is, but it happens all the time. Extremely frustrating for sure. I feel it happens randomly even when I just started the game and before shooting the ball but most often it happen during “Un Happy Hour”

Any advice for what I should check out is highly appreciated - Thanks

#10896 4 months ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Actually I am not sure what it is, but it happens all the time. Extremely frustrating for sure. I feel it happens randomly even when I just started the game and before shooting the ball but most often it happen during “Un Happy Hour”
Any advice for what I should check out is highly appreciated - Thanks

It's the right ramp opto. Been documented in the thread a lot. Clean both sides of the opto and make sure the bracket is tight to the ramp. Some have gone so far as to enlarge the holes in the ramp. I think that's overkill.

#10897 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Two hours? Gotta be way more. I played a 45 minute 1.8 Billion point game yesterday - my best yet - I was exhausted.

#10898 4 months ago
Quoted from Sokrates:

Someone better?
[quoted image]

Glass on OR Glass off?? Killer score…

#10899 4 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Glass on OR Glass off?? Killer score…

Glass on, but not a real score
I thought it was a software issue but as mention by others it is a common problem with “a sensor” or opto. On the left ramp.
I was not aware but thanks for the advice given by SKWilson above - the problem has been fixed.

#10900 4 months ago

I joined the club today. A couple of issues on my game that I need help fixing:

1) The ball gets stuck in the cellar. I can hear the coil trying to fire and then it goes to an error (basement lockup or something like that) and does not work. The only way to get the ball out is to open up, lift the playfield, and push the ball out to the right with my finger.

2) The "G" gargoyle does not fire up. Just by looking at it quickly I haven't figured out how it works.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 11,452 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 230.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!