IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 363.
#10801 2 years ago

Mageek knocked it out again.
Elvira Camper mod is "Endgeil", how we say in Germany.
Couldn't be happier........

20220312_105636 (resized).jpg20220312_105636 (resized).jpg
#10802 2 years ago

Added some trees in the back near the house would love to add some additional lighting. Does anyone sell just spotlights by themselves?

#10803 2 years ago
Quoted from Wzpin:

Added some trees in the back near the house would love to add some additional lighting. Does anyone sell just spotlights by themselves?

Comet Pinball does. Check out the spotlight kits. You can buy individual lamps and other creative lighting. Their matrix system makes it easy.

165C3F34-5295-4B55-936A-6FFB089F72BB (resized).png165C3F34-5295-4B55-936A-6FFB089F72BB (resized).pngF4562F7F-044E-4D31-B1D7-08AABE92B0ED (resized).pngF4562F7F-044E-4D31-B1D7-08AABE92B0ED (resized).png
#10804 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Comet Pinball does. Check out the spotlight kits. You can buy individual lamps and other creative lighting. Their matrix system makes it easy. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Ordered

#10805 2 years ago

I sold mine and got it back.

Have a cliff set and clueless what pieces go where. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking for the must have mods.

#10807 2 years ago

Looks like the toppers that sold out instantly are starting to make their way to the marketplace at double the price... Thanks Flippers!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10808 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Looks like the toppers that sold out instantly are starting to make their way to the marketplace at double the price... Thanks Flippers!
[quoted image]

I hope they make enough in the next batch to crush these prices, maybe get some of these crooks stuck with toppers they don't need.
That's the only way to spank their hands and stop that nonsense.

What drives me crazy is you can't put a deposit on a topper. I have an order in on a machine and the dealer wouldn't lock me in on a topper.... sheesh, I'm not a flipper!!! I have a machine order with ya!!!

I sure would like to know if they're going to do another run of the armor also.

#10809 2 years ago

For the guys who have the Stern spiderweb armor did you drill the cabinet for the extra screw?

#10810 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

For the guys who have the Stern spiderweb armor did you drill the cabinet for the extra screw?

No. It sits fine without screws.

#10811 2 years ago

When the topper was confirmed a few of my fellow pinheads & I thought, for $1000 there has to be an screen that shows the deadheads crusing around when you open the crypt. When it was finally revealed we couldn't believe it was $1000! I still wouldn't pay a grand for that!

#10812 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

One of those is a Stern dealer too.

#10813 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

One of those is a Stern dealer too.

You're talking about that OrangeCountyPinball person on Ebay? Yeah, outrageous prices. Really gross, I'll never buy anything from them on principle. Crooks!

#10814 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

You're talking about that OrangeCountyPinball person on Ebay? Yeah, outrageous prices.

No, In the the picture he posted.

#10815 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No, In the the picture he posted.

Ah gotcha....

elvira topper (resized).pngelvira topper (resized).png
#10816 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Ah gotcha....[quoted image]

Whose ad is this? Absolutely embarrassing he is advertising that he is an authorized dealer with pricing like that.

#10817 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Whose ad is this? Absolutely embarrassing he is advertising that he is an authorized dealer with pricing like that.

Actually that's multiple different sellers on Ebay, all "dealers"..... I don't know how they get that "Stern Dealer" sticker, but they have it (I guess they are dealers).

Very crooked. You'd think dealers would be bound by price controls by Stern to prevent gouging except in cases like the 40th edition where it was intentional.

#10818 2 years ago

about to join the club and thinking about mods to add. anyone have any experience with adding any UV lighting, trough, back box, etc.. to add a glowing effect? curious if any of the art pops when hit with black lighting. thanks in advance.

#10819 2 years ago

Scalpers have no shame. There's a story making the rounds on the BBC about PS5 scalpers doing what they do "to put a roof over their heads". Whatever, man. I wish people would just suck it up and accept that they can't get one rather than to pay the prices these scalpers are asking. It's the customers that keep them in business. Stop buying from them.

#10820 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Scalpers have no shame. There's a story making the rounds on the BBC about PS5 scalpers doing what they do "to put a roof over their heads". Whatever, man. I wish people would just suck it up and accept that they can't get one rather than to pay the prices these scalpers are asking. It's the customers that keep them in business. Stop buying from them.

That’s the only thing that will work. This will probably continue until pinball falls out of favor again. Who knows when that will be

#10821 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

about to join the club and thinking about mods to add. anyone have any experience with adding any UV lighting, trough, back box, etc.. to add a glowing effect? curious if any of the art pops when hit with black lighting. thanks in advance.

Not much

20220316_082652 (resized).jpg20220316_082652 (resized).jpg20220316_082642 (resized).jpg20220316_082642 (resized).jpg
#10822 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Ah gotcha....[quoted image]

It really does stink. Us actual owners were all scrambling to buy a topper only to have them all scooped up by people who intended to flip them.

#10823 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not much
[quoted image][quoted image]

Aw man thank sucks, i love some UV lighting effects. Thanks for the pics and reply.

#10824 2 years ago

I've tried to contact Stern technical support twice regarding my EHOH machine (three if you count me calling their hotline, which wasn't taking calls and just redirected me to email) and have received no response whatsoever. It's been weeks. Is this abnormal or are they just really backed up?

#10825 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

I've tried to contact Stern technical support twice regarding my EHOH machine (three if you count me calling their hotline, which wasn't taking calls and just redirected me to email) and have received no response whatsoever. It's been weeks. Is this abnormal or are they just really backed up?

Not normal. I always get a reply fairly quickly. In your subject include your name / game and serial number with like a “warranty help needed” statement. Make it easy on them to help you.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10826 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Not normal. I always get a reply fairly quickly. In your subject include your name / game and serial number with like a “warranty help needed” statement. Make it easy on them to help you.

I did that, included all my information I suppose I'll just try again.
I also can't seem to log into my Stern Insider account. It looks like an internal problem, since I tried to reset my password and got an error that said "JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data". Makes me wonder if they ever even saw my message.

#10827 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

They definitely get busy and they do sometimes take a few days to reply. My last warranty issue took a week to get an order # from Eddie Yates in technical support. I received the parts another week or so later. If you don’t receive an order #, email service again with your name and the pin serial number. That was my experience at least.

#10828 2 years ago

I finally got a response from Stern today - as it turns out I think I was sending my request to the wrong email address - originally I used the form tool on their web site, and then sent an email to parts.service@sternpinball, neither of which got any acknowledgement or response, but I tried again by sending to service@sternpinball and got a fairly prompt response.

During the (still ongoing) back and forth with the representative, I discovered that there's no trunk schematic in the service manual I was given. I searched this thread and found that someone else from a year ago had the same issue, so I thought I'd share the one given to me by Pablo, the Stern rep I got a reply from (thanks Pablo!).

My trunk assembly didn't come with the hinge washer (item 6), and also due to my trunk's irregularities my right side decal (item 21) is coming off, so I'll be requesting those parts. Hopefully easy fix. After that, if I can just solve my house diverter issues, I'll have a perfectly functional game

Elvira Trunk (resized).JPGElvira Trunk (resized).JPG
#10829 2 years ago

I've just started having n issue with my trunk lid. It does not go all the way down. If I try to push it down, there seems to be something stopping it. I haven't taken it apart yet but from just an initial inspection, I can't see what the problem is. Has anyone else had an issue like this or have tips on what the issue is?

Also, only one of my gargoyles leaps and only a small jump. There just isn't any effect on them when the ball hits the target. I am yet to put som real time on working out what's going on but is this a common problem or is there an easy fix?

Thanks for any advice.

IMG_5411 (resized).JPGIMG_5411 (resized).JPG
#10830 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I've just started having n issue with my trunk lid. It does not go all the way down. If I try to push it down, there seems to be something stopping it. I haven't taken it apart yet but from just an initial inspection, I can't see what the problem is. Has anyone else had an issue like this or have tips on what the issue is?
Also, only one of my gargoyles leaps and only a small jump. There just isn't any effect on them when the ball hits the target. I am yet to put som real time on working out what's going on but is this a common problem or is there an easy fix?
Thanks for any advice.[quoted image]

I’ve had the screw that holds the trunk lid to the actuating arm come loose a couple times. You may need to clean the gargoyle rods. I had to on mine recently and now they want to come through the glass.

#10831 2 years ago

I have been collecting mods for quite a while and was going through my box of goodies and found this, I can’t remember what it’s for where it goes...

12E442AB-3E4C-47ED-BDFC-B8011017EB5F (resized).jpeg12E442AB-3E4C-47ED-BDFC-B8011017EB5F (resized).jpeg
#10832 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have been collecting mods for quite a while and was going through my box of goodies and found this, I can’t remember what it’s for where it goes...
[quoted image]

That's a left ramp spacer. If your exit of left ramp is lower than the trunk lid then you'll get air balls. This spacer raises end of left ramp to be same or a little higher than the trunk lid. Pinballlife sells them for $1.95.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0158-00

instructions-1 (resized).jpginstructions-1 (resized).jpg
#10833 2 years ago

So I am unable to find the setting for trough eject power... Where is this and how do you typically go about finding settings that you have no idea where they are?

#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So I am unable to find the setting for trough eject power... Where is this and how do you typically go about finding settings that you have no idea where they are?

ADJ>GAME>#264 (tip: go backwards in the menu)

I just look for 'em. Generic settings are in the Stern (SPI) menu. Game-specific settings are in the Game menu. Similar settings are generally grouped together.

#10835 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

ADJ>GAME>#264 (tip: go backwards in the menu)
I just look for 'em. Generic settings are in the Stern (SPI) menu. Game-specific settings are in the Game menu. Similar settings are generally grouped together.

Thanks! Really wish there was a fast way to search them.

#10836 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Can someone tell me what the action button does for this game. I know the obvious ones like shooting from the VUK and stopping the wheel but there's another "press" that gives you a jackpot value or something? What's the strategy on this?

Thanks in advance.

#10837 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Just joined the club. Can someone tell me what the action button does for this game. I know the obvious ones like shooting from the VUK and stopping the wheel but there's another "press" that gives you a jackpot value or something? What's the strategy on this?
Thanks in advance.

If you collected the ray gun from the trunk you can shoot it via the action button and it will collect one of the lit shots you need to make in what ever mode you are in.

#10838 2 years ago

First, I apologize in advance. I know there have been many posts on the VUK for a variety of adjustments and issues. Didn't immediately find this one.

Mine was functioning. For some reason it now struggles to move the ball up through the scoop onto the playfield. Take several tries and ultimately ball falls out instead of shooting across the playfield.

Would appreciate guidance if you have had this particular issue.

Again, if this was plainly covered earlier, my apologies. Thank you.

#10839 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you collected the ray gun from the trunk you can shoot it via the action button and it will collect one of the lit shots you need to make in what ever mode you are in.

ahh got it, thanks man!

#10840 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

First, I apologize in advance. I know there have been many posts on the VUK for a variety of adjustments and issues. Didn't immediately find this one.
Mine was functioning. For some reason it now struggles to move the ball up through the scoop onto the playfield. Take several tries and ultimately ball falls out instead of shooting across the playfield.

Since it was working did something like a screw maybe makes it’s way into the VUK via the subway from the crypt? Is it possible that the top of the scoop got bent down ? Also check to make sure the VUK mech under the playfield hasn’t somehow shifted or come loose.

#10841 2 years ago

Have a look in this german Gameroom.

The owner asks which is the most beautiful version?

My favorit is the 40th Edition.

Elvira 2 (resized).jpgElvira 2 (resized).jpg
#10842 2 years ago

Since the game play is the same on all 4, give me a premium all day long. In 50 years these will all be in the landfill anyways, might as well have the cheapest one.

#10843 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I had a similar experience and found the screws holding the solenoid to the bracket were loose. Tightened them and everything worked again.

#10844 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

The owner asks which is the most beautiful version? My favorite is the 40th Edition.

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Since the game play is the same on all 4, give me a premium all day long.

The foil on the SE and mirrored-foil on the 40th are both beautiful, but neither is worth the high cost.
The LE has the same artwork (but non-foil) and the red powdercoat without flake looks more blood-like.

#10845 2 years ago

Honestly, the cabinet does little for me. Games are usually side by side so you cant always see it. Plus I buy them to play and when I am playing I cant see the cabinet anyways. All 4 games are the same under glass. Gimme the cheapest with all the same game play as the most expensive.

The 40th is too expensive to play. People buy it to stare at it

#10846 2 years ago

Honestly, the 40th for what its price is ridiculous for what all you get. Her book could be bought autographed from her sight. Anything you want could be autographed a show she's a guest at. The only thing notable is the art which is cool but just not worth the extra money IMHO.

#10847 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

My favorit is the 40th Edition. [quoted image]

If this guy was a true Elvira fan he would have toppers on all 4 games!

#10848 2 years ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Honestly, the cabinet does little for me. Games are usually side by side so you cant always see it. Plus I buy them to play and when I am playing I cant see the cabinet anyways. All 4 games are the same under glass. Gimme the cheapest with all the same game play as the most expensive.
The 40th is too expensive to play. People buy it to stare at it

My 40th is the most beautiful machine in my lineup, possibly the most beautiful pinball thing I've ever laid eyes on. While gameplay is obviously the most important factor, pinball is about the whole audio-visual experience, especially when ownership is involved. I assure you that I play my 40th and love every second of it.

You are happy with the cheapest option? Good for you... enjoy it, but your comments on relative value, games ending up in the landfill anyhow or the 40th being too expensive to play are just ridiculous.

#10849 2 years ago

I had a friend trade a used EHOH Premium and NIB Godzilla for a 40th. He had about $18,000 in both of his games, not including mods. He thought it was a good trade and instantly worth $25,000. I thought it was a good trade for the distributor and instantly worth $25,000. LOL

#10850 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

My favorit is the 40th Edition. [quoted image]

I love this. But how can you not have EATPM and SS hanging out there too.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/217?hl=jamwin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.