IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 362.
#10751 2 years ago

With the backlog of games Stern has, its not like they are leaving money on the table. Probably making other titles in lieu of EHOH will net them more. This doesn’t even include the fact they need to keep releasing new titles to keep Operators in new games to put on route which i assume is still their biggest customer base. I hope everyone who wants one gets one. Couldn’t care less how that affects the value of my game. It’s worth zero since i don’t plan on selling it lol.

#10752 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

With the backlog of games Stern has, its not like they are leaving money on the table. Probably making other titles in lieu of EHOH will net them more. This doesn’t even include the fact they need to keep releasing new titles to keep Operators in new games to put on route which i assume is still their biggest customer base. I hope everyone who wants one gets one. Couldn’t care less how that affects the value of my game. It’s worth zero since i don’t plan on selling it lol.

Agreed, have had casual offers I should accept, but its too good to sell just to make a profit.

#10753 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thank you SK for explaining so much to me, I'm new and appreciate it.
Just a random thought..... they've sold out of every model they've introduced with this pin....... that should tell them something. The 40th was a super-duper edition to put a cherry on top and reach beyond what anyone else has done (money-wise)...... you think another edition is on the drawing board? EHOH Yellow Brick road? Since Cactus did the whole SE+ thing (smart move BTW) it would be easy here. Premium+ with topper included. Like that wouldn't sell.
Hard to believe they would leave money on the table. Licensing is no thing: Cassandra will license anything.

If it doesn't get pushed back again, I truly believe the run in November will be the final run. Stern normally doesn't do those "special editions" like JJP has done. The EHoH 40th Anniversary edition is somewhat of an anomaly. (I see it as a Christmas present to their dealers.) I doubt Stern will ever bundle a topper with a game. There's too much profit in selling them separately. It is possible the license agreement is nearing the end. (It was announced at TPF in March of 2017 and didn't go into production for 2 1/2 years.) It is doubtful they will renew.

#10754 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thank you SK for explaining so much to me, I'm new and appreciate it.

By the way, welcome!

#10755 2 years ago

The real question is, what will Elvira 4 look like, and when can we expect it? I’m going to guess 2031, “Elvira: The Golden Years”

#10756 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The real question is, what will Elvira 4 look like, and when can we expect it? I’m going to guess 2031, “Elvira: The Golden Years”

That's easy: "Elvira and the Haunted Retirement Home" . 2031 and she'll be 80 and all of us who grew up seeing her will be 50+ on the young end
Seriously though, she'll be completely retired soon. She's already toyed around with retirement over the last decade, that's what that show "The next Elvira" was all about. Problem is, no one can fill her.... errrr.... dress. One of a kind character that can only be played by her, when she hangs it up, that's it. People typically publish their memoirs as their swan song..... three pins, sadly that'll be it. Really nice Stern sent her out in style. It's too bad she didn't get one every ten years after Scared Stiff: they'd all be classics.

That does bring up an interesting thought though: When she does retire, her popularity will decrease dramatically as that generation ages out or passes away. The masses aren't going nuts trying to get an Evel Knievel pin. Maybe I can pick up an SLE at a yard sale in 2040

#10757 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Maybe I can pick up an SLE at a yard sale in 2040

Lol! EHoH will only be 21 years old at that time, no doubt many will still be in amazing shape. Lots of 90s era Bally/WMS in beautiful condition today, fortunately! I just realized, my son will be 21 then too. It will go by in a blink I’m sure.

#10758 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The sad truth is Elvira is a low demand game compared to other titles Stern offers. They only have so much capacity at the factory. It will be on the line once more and that will be it. You can't be mad at them for going after the bigger prize. Usually these "deals" run for 3 years. Guess when the rights are up? Could it be November 2022???? Congrats to anyone getting one of the last games. It is a great title and will be highly desirable going forward.

I sold my BM66 to some operators in Winnipeg this week. They said they have an EHOH on location and it doesn't earn well. My buddy also seems to really dislike the game. I think the game maybe doesn't appeal to the masses, but the collectors and people who get the humor really seem to like it.

Rob

#10759 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I sold my BM66 to some operators in Winnipeg this week. They said they have an EHOH on location and it doesn't earn well. My buddy also seems to really dislike the game. I think the game maybe doesn't appeal to the masses, but the collectors and people who get the humor really seem to like it.
Rob

I've played it in the wild a couple of times and what I don't like it about there is that you can't hear anything. All the humor is lost, and then it's just a pretty machine. Godzilla and Deadpool, for instance, are still cool to watch even if you can't hear everything. EHoH is mostly just old b movie horror clips that are terrible without Elvira's voiceovers, and that's 80% of the charm of the game.

#10760 2 years ago

Well I was lucky enough to buy one of the first Ehoh camper mods from @Mageek..I wanted to share some pics to give people a better look at one and share my praise.. It was super easy to install "fool proof" really.. The model had nice crisp vinlys on it and it was designed to fit perfectly..If you're thinking about getting one be sure to snag one while he has them..Since I'll never buy a topper I'll have to find sweet mods like this to add to this awesome pin..If you make any other mods for Ehoh please let us know @Mageek!

20220225_091845 (resized).jpg20220225_091845 (resized).jpg20220225_091859 (resized).jpg20220225_091859 (resized).jpg20220225_102131 (resized).jpg20220225_102131 (resized).jpg20220225_103538 (resized).jpg20220225_103538 (resized).jpg20220225_103612 (resized).jpg20220225_103612 (resized).jpg
#10761 2 years ago

Well played Elvira... I knew it had been a long time since I got to play (and did terribly) but did you really have to rub it in.

This game is the best though

20220225_213835 (resized).jpg20220225_213835 (resized).jpg
#10762 2 years ago

+ 1 for Mageek ‘s Campy Camper mod. Just got it installed last night and it looks great. The camper windows light up,and it really brings the back right camper art there to life with a 3D type of effect. Didn’t take up a ton of space there either so still worked with my trees. Thanks Mageek !

Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Well I was lucky enough to buy one of the first Ehoh camper mods from Mageek..I wanted to share some pics to give people a better look at one and share my praise.. It was super easy to install "fool proof" really.. The model had nice crisp vinlys on it and it was designed to fit perfectly..If you're thinking about getting one be sure to snag one while he has them..Since I'll never buy a topper I'll have to find sweet mods like this to add to this awesome pin..If you make any other mods for Ehoh please let us know Mageek!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

63C23852-0C24-4BC7-8292-27BFCED281EE (resized).jpeg63C23852-0C24-4BC7-8292-27BFCED281EE (resized).jpegDD6C4C9D-32FA-4482-8F96-E1EC2B4DC755 (resized).jpegDD6C4C9D-32FA-4482-8F96-E1EC2B4DC755 (resized).jpeg
9316293D-D5ED-446F-B078-1C8716F80102 (resized).jpeg9316293D-D5ED-446F-B078-1C8716F80102 (resized).jpeg

#10763 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Plus one for Mageek ‘s Campy Camper mod. Just got it installed last night and it looks great. The camper windows light up,and it really brings the back right camper art there to life with a 3D type of effect. Didn’t take up a ton of space there either so still worked with my trees. Thanks Mageek !

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing, I just ordered a camper mod for my LE. Where did you get those spooky trees?

#10764 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That looks amazing, I just ordered a camper mod for my LE. Where did you get those spooky trees?

Where can you order the camper mod?

#10765 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I ordered them off of Amazon:

Department 56 Halloween Accessories for Village Collections Bare Branch Trees Figurine Set, Multiple Sizes, Black

#10766 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Where can you order the camper mod?

PM Mageek. He makes them

#10767 2 years ago

Does anybody else get the ball stuck in the upper right hand corner of the machine? I just have to let the machine do it’s thing and shake the ball out. It starts to get old after a while.

#10768 2 years ago
Quoted from CosmoConstant:

Does anybody else get the ball stuck in the upper right hand corner of the machine? I just have to let the machine do it’s thing and shake the ball out. It starts to get old after a while.

Can you try or have you tried putting a cabinet dot in the spot to keep the ball from getting stuck there?

#10769 2 years ago

I removed the rubber around the post - helps with geometry - that prevents about 9/10 stuck balls. Next step would be to make a slightly curved bracket, but the removal of the rubber greatly diminished the catch area. We play the game about 3-4 hrs/week.

#10770 2 years ago

I’m about to cash incentivize any one of our techs who can majestically make this game work, without the “cellar lockup Operator alert” flashing on the screen and it consistently clogging all balls behind the house. Whoever makes it just work for a month is going to get a nice little $250 bonus out of my volunteer pocket.

I swear, as much as I love the game, it really frustrates the hell out of me.

#10771 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

I’m about to cash incentivize any one of our techs who can majestically make this game work, without the “cellar lockup Operator alert” flashing on the screen and it consistently clogging all balls behind the house. Whoever makes it just work for a month is going to get a nice little $250 bonus out of my volunteer pocket.
I swear, as much as I love the game, it really frustrates the hell out of me.

I was getting the same message regularly. Went in a really cleaned the optos and made sure they were aligned properly (had to bend some of the metal holding the optos to get it right). It was 100% an opto issue.

The only other time i run into issues with the balls getting "clogged" in the house is when i shoot a ball or two into the cellar when i shouldn't (i.e., when the cellar opens to release a ball). Been working on avoiding that shot as, like you say, there's nothing more frustrating than having to stop a good game to fix it.

#10772 2 years ago

Joining the club!!

1st Pin for home, got a deposit in with a company that says they had a couple allocated slots available (people canceling due to the wait?)..... but they did say based on their most current communications from Stern, it'll be Dec-Q1 for delivery.

Works for me!! Just happy to have a deposit in with a real Stern dealer. Not much more you can do than that right?

#10773 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Works for me!! Just happy to have a deposit in with a real Stern dealer. Not much more you can do than that right?

What did they say the price was going to be?

#10774 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

I was getting the same message regularly. Went in a really cleaned the optos and made sure they were aligned properly (had to bend some of the metal holding the optos to get it right). It was 100% an opto issue.
The only other time i run into issues with the balls getting "clogged" in the house is when i shoot a ball or two into the cellar when i shouldn't (i.e., when the cellar opens to release a ball). Been working on avoiding that shot as, like you say, there's nothing more frustrating than having to stop a good game to fix it.

Thank you for that sound advice! I am planning for a deep dive into the cellar and house toy later this week. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

#10775 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What did they say the price was going to be?

$8999

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10776 2 years ago

If anyone scored a topper from the recent Marco/Cointaker allocation and don't plan to use - I'll buy it for cost + finders fee. Not looking to pay 2x though. Shoot me a PM.

#10777 2 years ago

How do we feel about the code on this at this point? Does anyone else find it kind of repetitive where every mode feels the same?

#10778 2 years ago

Saw this on Reddit today. RIP Lyman.

#10779 2 years ago

Just curious..... how does everyone like their pin blades on HOH?

Seems like there's a few options out there, was thinking about maybe getting the Stern ones, but I'm not sure..... there's some other really nice art blades out there beside theirs.
Mirror blades are so pretty and add movement. I'm a little torn.

What did you get and are you happy with it? If you swapped around, what did you land on?

#10780 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Seems like there's a few options out there, was thinking about maybe getting the Stern ones, but I'm not sure..... there's some other really nice art blades out there beside theirs.
What did you get and are you happy with it? If you swapped around, what did you land on?

I like the stern ones myself I was hoping to see a power blade but didn’t happen I know Joe mentioned making them maybe with interest

but I’m sure he has other projects that take priority

#10781 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I like the stern ones myself I was hoping to see a power blade but didn’t happen I know Joe mentioned making them maybe with interest
but I’m sure he has other projects that take priority

If he made some, I'd probably get the power blades. Even thought about Munsters PB's but he hasn't had them in stock for a while.

#10782 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I like the Stern ones. Since it has Greg's art, its just like an extension of the playfield and fits the game style perfectly.

Still a good deal for less than $100 compared most other official Stern accessories that went up in price.

#10783 2 years ago

I always get the stern ones. They are a very nice material and install easily. And the art always matches the game perfectly.

#10784 2 years ago

Another vote for the Stern ones for all the reasons already stated.

#10785 2 years ago

Doc’s apron video mods are some of the best mods ever and mandatory for any Elvira game!

#10786 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I am very satisfied with the original Stern blades. The material is matte and not as thin as I thought. It was very easy to attach. The design fits perfectly.
For my T2 I got myself mirror blades. Looks good, but it irritates me a little to see another ball on the sides.

#10787 2 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Another vote for the Stern ones for all the reasons already stated.

Except for JP. And DP. Thank you TILT!!!

#10788 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The Stern blades have perfectly matching art for sure. Here are two other options, one from Tilt Graphics and one from Retro Refurbs. I have the Tilt blades which I like. Both are good options.

AE1B2547-6EF3-41D9-9385-D458A4A270F1 (resized).jpegAE1B2547-6EF3-41D9-9385-D458A4A270F1 (resized).jpeg
#10789 2 years ago

I installed the tilt ones, very happy with it

3E375E3A-311A-4B27-B533-227ED1884DAC (resized).jpeg3E375E3A-311A-4B27-B533-227ED1884DAC (resized).jpeg62150FEA-3B41-4DA1-BB12-8650D5190163 (resized).jpeg62150FEA-3B41-4DA1-BB12-8650D5190163 (resized).jpegA7148701-C07E-4EA7-B94B-97210395FBC9 (resized).jpegA7148701-C07E-4EA7-B94B-97210395FBC9 (resized).jpegBE2F7347-6C21-47B5-87D4-EB10ED19E579 (resized).jpegBE2F7347-6C21-47B5-87D4-EB10ED19E579 (resized).jpegDDEB3420-F14E-45A5-8D6E-8B5DE892BC57 (resized).jpegDDEB3420-F14E-45A5-8D6E-8B5DE892BC57 (resized).jpeg
#10790 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doc’s apron video mods are some of the best mods ever and mandatory for any Elvira game!

In the event that I'm actually able to get my EHOH on the next build, I'll be putting in an order for this, should it still be available.

#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

In the event that I'm actually able to get my EHOH on the next build, I'll be putting in an order for this, should it still be available.

As long as people are interested I'll keep building them.

Its crazy to hear how long some people have been waiting for their games. It's a shame Stern couldn't have also produced all the backordered premiums when they did the 40th versions.

#10792 2 years ago

Thanks guys

Got a set of the Stern blades (before they are all gone..... like everything else )
That shooter grew on me too, picked that up as well. HA!! I used to think it was ugly, now it's pretty cool: I didn't see his little hat and with a name like Creepo..... how could you go wrong?

Has anyone else who's on the prowl for a topper noticed that it's starting to flame out? Prices are starting to "dip" at $1,700ish on ebay although the Stern dealers on ebay are still pushing for $2,200-$3,000
I hope they make enough toppers this next go-round to completely crash the price later this year. $1200, fine..... double, triple...... gimme a break.
I wonder if (at some point) "super edition" toppers will become a thing: If people gobble up $1000 toppers, then stick a special badge on it, buff it in some way and out the door at $1500/$2000. *POOF*, even more cash.

Bring on the 41st anniversary Yellow Brick Haunted Couch edition!! The more the merrier.

#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

The Stern blades have perfectly matching art for sure. Here are two other options, one from Tilt Graphics and one from Retro Refurbs. I have the Tilt blades which I like. Both are good options.
[quoted image]

I think I prefer the color on the Tilt Blades

#10794 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Bring on the 41st anniversary Yellow Brick Haunted Couch edition!! The more the merrier.

If they were limited (say 50 units), it wouldn't matter if they were the same topper with a slight color variation or had a silver coin inlay displaying (1-50) of 50; people would line up to pay whatever they asked. Plus there would be a line of people hoping someone falls off their pre-order! We love our exclusivity.

#10795 2 years ago

Spooky camper mod installed. Looks great!

5ADC7D84-95BD-460B-B8CF-6A9CBA9D6A8A (resized).jpeg5ADC7D84-95BD-460B-B8CF-6A9CBA9D6A8A (resized).jpeg60206FFA-3AFB-43DE-969B-649AB399B80C (resized).jpeg60206FFA-3AFB-43DE-969B-649AB399B80C (resized).jpegA76DF20A-BA65-49FA-8F9A-D2D9EDCC51BD (resized).jpegA76DF20A-BA65-49FA-8F9A-D2D9EDCC51BD (resized).jpegF5700037-3169-4C4C-9407-D6D9C4285D49 (resized).jpegF5700037-3169-4C4C-9407-D6D9C4285D49 (resized).jpeg
#10796 2 years ago

Ok, I need the camper. Where? Thanks.

#10797 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Ok, I need the camper. Where? Thanks.

Mageek sells them, send him a PM

#10798 2 years ago

Hi,
I have the problem that the Opto Number 44 (Cellar Enter Opto) is not working.
Is it correct that I have to dismantle the complete house to get to the switch?

Did anyone had the same problem and made pictures?

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpeg
#10799 2 years ago

Here's what I would try:
move the ramp up go to switch test menu. Close the coindoor.

With a Q-tip and a "Zollstock", you can try to clean the 2 holes on the left and right under the ramp. The optocouplers are located there. If all is well, you should hear a bim bim. I hope that this is already enough.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-10 um 15.19.52 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-03-10 um 15.19.52 (resized).png
#10800 2 years ago

I checked it already. Optos not working if I use something between the Optos.
I cleaned the Optos already and checked the cables under playfield

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/216?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.