IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 363.
#10651 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Was the problem an obvious misalignment? Meaning could you see it looking down from the top? I need to look into mine more.

It was a bit hard to tell looking down from the top due to the rounded scoop forcing me to look down at an angle. I could tell from the bottom while pushing up on the plunger that it wasn't centered and which general direction it needed to go. Frankly, I knew it misaligned before I even looked due to the ball not clearing the chute, or barely limping out, regardless of coil power setting.

#10652 2 years ago

A couple of toppers available at mad pinball. Great distributor.

https://www.madpinball.com/collections/game-accessories/products/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper

#10654 2 years ago

I may have grabbed the last one! Thanks!

#10655 2 years ago

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFudge! I just can't catch a break on buying one of these before they sell out. On no less than 6-7 waitlists, but clearly the wrong ones. Got a naked EHOH just waiting for a topper - Never had such a hard time trying to spend $1000 on a topper.

Ok, perhaps I'm approaching this wrong. How about $50 "reward" to anyone who spots availability and DM's me BEFORE posting it on this thread!! Seriously - PP F&F will be paid immediately upon a successful purchase. Desperate times, creative measures.

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFudge!

Seriously? That’s the first word that came to mind?

#10657 2 years ago

I am not sure I want to and will probably regret it, but considering selling my decked out EHOH. I am not a fan of shipping. I would want to do an in person deal. I could possibly do a partway meet with someone if it were to work out.

I would be asking somewhere around 12k. Mods listed below.

Elvira House of Horrors Premium
HUO Second Owner May 21 build date
DocQuest Apron video screen
Official Stern Shooter rod (Clown Head)
Medisinyl Mods- Includes mechanical casket on right ramp, Gargoyle VUK cover, Gonk's Dog House on left ramp, and matching grass pieces for the front flashers
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Speaker Panel magnet decal
Deadhead family crypt mod
Cliffy protectors installed (shooter lane, outhole, drop target, crypt)
Fluorescent Yellow plastic protectors
Back door sign mod
Lenticular apron cards
Quiet Fan
RGB LED strip on back and top of backbox (can be set to one color or slow/fast fade between colors)
Titan UV/Glow in the dark silicone rings on slings

#10658 2 years ago

In other news, massive traffic jam on Interstate 295 tonight as pinball collectors rush into town for an amazing deal on a popular pinball machine …

#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am not sure I want to and will probably regret it, but considering selling my decked out EHOH. I am not a fan of shipping. I would want to do an in person deal. I could possibly do a partway meet with someone if it were to work out.
I would be asking somewhere around 12k. Mods listed below.
Elvira House of Horrors Premium
HUO Second Owner May 21 build date
DocQuest Apron video screen
Official Stern Shooter rod (Clown Head)
Medisinyl Mods- Includes mechanical casket on right ramp, Gargoyle VUK cover, Gonk's Dog House on left ramp, and matching grass pieces for the front flashers
Art Blades
Shaker Motor
Speaker Panel magnet decal
Deadhead family crypt mod
Cliffy protectors installed (shooter lane, outhole, drop target, crypt)
Fluorescent Yellow plastic protectors
Back door sign mod
Lenticular apron cards
Quiet Fan
RGB LED strip on back and top of backbox (can be set to one color or slow/fast fade between colors)
Titan UV/Glow in the dark silicone rings on slings

No topper? Damn.

#10660 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

No topper? Damn.

Tough crowd! I actually had one boxed up waiting for a game for a few months. Sold it when I missed out on a couple games for sale. Sure enough I got the game shortly after selling it.

#10661 2 years ago

Think it over. You leave the club and you’re just going to be back outside wanting back in.

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Think it over. You leave the club and you’re just going to be back outside wanting back in.

Truth. Traded mine about a year ago. Picking up another one this weekend though

#10663 2 years ago

Mine is duct taped to my ass! Never leaving

#10664 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Note to self….don’t buy a topper from this ^^^guy!

#10665 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Do you make the back door shot often?

#10666 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Its not gone till its gone. Posting here is more of a wading in slowly type deal. Unfortunately, I simply can't keep all the games I would love to still have. Space and cash are two pretty big factors there. Right now I am already up to three games overflowing in the garage. One leaving and one coming in this weekend...

#10667 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you make the back door shot often?

Very frequently. Wait, what are you saying?!?!

#10668 2 years ago

Ass,duct tape, backdoor...ha ha, I get it!

#10669 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Its not gone till its gone. Posting here is more of a wading in slowly type deal. Unfortunately, I simply can't keep all the games I would love to still have. Space and cash are two pretty big factors there. Right now I am already up to three games overflowing in the garage. One leaving and one coming in this weekend...

I totally get it. I just had to make room for Deadpool, and had to make that tough call. Sold my Scared Stiff that I really didn’t want to have to sell.

#10670 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I totally get it. I just had to make room for Deadpool, and had to make that tough call. Sold my Scared Stiff that I really didn’t want to have to sell.

Bro, love deadpool. Its the longest game in my collection right now. It and Stars may be the last to leave.

#10671 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Bro, love deadpool. Its the longest game in my collection right now. It and Stars may be the last to leave.

I’ve had it a week and it’s gotten more play in the house in that time than any machine I have ever owned. I’m pretty sure that the ultimate lineup of Sterns is now: EHOH, DP, GZ

#10672 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’ve had it a week and it’s gotten more play in the house in that time than any machine I have ever owned. I’m pretty sure that the ultimate lineup of Sterns is now: EHOH, DP, GZ

yes, I have LEs of all 3 of those and they aren't leaving.

#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s a great list of games. So have it that is the exact list of games I have on order. I just hope I get them all this year.

#10674 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

That’s one of the best things about pinball…hundreds of pins to choose from and to try to find, acquire and decide if it’s a keeper. I love EHoH, SS and EATPM. SS is my personal fav of the 3. I’ve played Godzilla LE and pro and really like them both. I’m hoping to find a premium someday. But for whatever reason DP is just one I haven’t connected with. I respect how popular it is, and I even owned a pro, but sold it last year after a few weeks. The katana lock ramp is truly awesome. I would even own it again, because I’ve sold games and later decided they were keepers. This market is different than when I started 5-6 years ago, with some very high prices and plenty of competition for pins, but still deals to be found.

#10675 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I’m pretty sure that the ultimate lineup of Sterns is now: EHOH, DP, GZ

Perhaps. But as the three generations of Elvira games show, there’s a lot more to great pinball than just modern Sterns.

And I’d swap Batman for DP in your list.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Note to self….don’t buy a topper from this ^^^guy!

I have only blocked a few people on Pinside - this guy is one of them

#10677 2 years ago

#10678 2 years ago

This is an oddity. Posted an emoji in this thread, then deactivated his account. Huh.

#10679 2 years ago

Any reason to update to latest code, I'm not interested in the connected portion.

#10680 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Any reason to update to latest code, I'm not interested in the connected portion.

Not that I am aware of. There will be another update in the near future because they have to fix the trailer trash scoring bug. I'm sure all games will get more updates as Insider Connected features grow.

I'd like to see them put in 'pew pew pew' mode also. It was one of the last features Lyman programmed in the game, but he wasn't sure how it would start. He said it made him laugh... We all need that.

Rob

#10681 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

This is an oddity. Posted an emoji in this thread, then deactivated his account. Huh.

Sometimes, it’s better to walk away in your prime than stay too long.

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Mikey changed his name and then banned himself! Good riddance. Dude was obnoxiously annoying.

#10683 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not that I am aware of. There will be another update in the near future because they have to fix the trailer trash scoring bug. I'm sure all games will get more updates as Insider Connected features grow.
I'd like to see them put in 'pew pew pew' mode also. It was one of the last features Lyman programmed in the game, but he wasn't sure how it would start. He said it made him laugh... We all need that.
Rob

Maybe a mode could start with a certain number of rips to the spinner. Would be fun to have that spinner factor in a bit more.

#10684 2 years ago

Deadpool has been getting all my love this past week or so. In fact, I got my EHOH topper installed just minutes before DP showed up, and I didn’t even throw a single game on her. Stepped up just now and threw down a game that saw me cycle Gappa Angry twice, locking all 6 the second time around (which was the 1st time ever for me) and then on to Director’s Cut for the first time. I take this tiny sample as evidence that the topper makes you ply better. YMMV. What a fantastic game.

#10685 2 years ago

double post

#10686 2 years ago

Looking for a little help here. Having an issues with one of the optos I believe. Unhappy hour going nuts. I double checked alignment and drilled out a larger hole in the ramp in the past. Worked fine until recently. When It happens I open the coin door and get into switch test and problem disappears. Moving ramp, bumping pf and pushing optos/wiring the problem won’t occur again during test mode. Fire a game up, boom. Possibly Opto board going out?

#10687 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Maybe a mode could start with a certain number of rips to the spinner. Would be fun to have that spinner factor in a bit more.

Every haunt should have at least 1 beast booster shot I think.

Rob

#10688 2 years ago

Finished the deadhead crypt mod recently

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Finished the deadhead crypt mod recently[quoted image]

If you want the LED lighting to be interactive, then you need this board. Depending on the phase 1,2,3 you can control 2-color LEDs.
If the phase is played, it flashes red. If it is done, it lights white.
The lower skulls are for phase 1
the middle one for phase 2
the upper one phase 3.

I used it to light the original skulls. Video here:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-02-14 um 09.36.16 (resized).pngBildschirmfoto 2022-02-14 um 09.36.16 (resized).png
#10690 2 years ago

I'm looking for some trunk advice. My machine was NIB and the trunk pretty much never worked properly. Then after about 300 plays, this screw fastening the top on the left side (the largest, rightmost one) actually fell off entirely. I found it down the side of the machine and went to try and screw it back in, only to find that what tightens the lid is that tiny hex washer on the other side. How do I tighten it? Do I just need a tiny, thin wrench? Does anyone know what size that washer is?

I also had issues with the ball getting stuck in the trunk. It was hit or miss - sometimes it would get stuck, sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes a ball search would free it and sometimes the game would end eventually if I didn't remove the glass and free it manually. While trying to fix this screw issue, I looked in the trunk and saw some wiring sticking out and I'm wondering if that's what the ball was stopped by. I tried moving the wire out of the way (to the other side of the trunk basically), but I haven't played the game again since doing that since I'd like to get the screw issue taken care of first.

Has anyone experienced issues like these before and have any advice?

270865411_329410728960660_6325985207774302952_n (resized).jpg270865411_329410728960660_6325985207774302952_n (resized).jpg
#10691 2 years ago

Unfortunately I can not help with the screw problem.
However, I initially had the problem that the ball sometimes stuck at the bottom of the lock. The problem was in my case the ball guide. It was a bit too tight, so that the ball sometimes did not fall in cleanly to the contact.
I loosened the nuts at the bottom that hold the ball guide a bit.

#10692 2 years ago

I was thinking about adding a shaker to my Elvira premium, and some listings say they aren't compatible with the premium version or the HoH.
Anybody added one? Part #?
Thanks in advance.

#10693 2 years ago
Quoted from kidAtHeart:

I was thinking about adding a shaker to my Elvira premium, and some listings say they aren't compatible with the premium version or the HoH.
Thanks in advance.

I know they're out of stock, but you can check dealers for stock.

https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/stern-shaker-motor-kit-for-sam-system-games

#10694 2 years ago
Quoted from kidAtHeart:

Thanks in advance.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#10695 2 years ago

Thank you, ordered!

#10696 2 years ago
Quoted from amaj:

I'm looking for some trunk advice. My machine was NIB and the trunk pretty much never worked properly. Then after about 300 plays, this screw fastening the top on the left side (the largest, rightmost one) actually fell off entirely. I found it down the side of the machine and went to try and screw it back in, only to find that what tightens the lid is that tiny hex washer on the other side. How do I tighten it? Do I just need a tiny, thin wrench? Does anyone know what size that washer is?

I ordered one of these thin wrenches to sneak in there. Once i got it tightened i found my issue (trunk lid not opening high enough and trapping ball) was the plunger link not being straight up and down. I bent the metal bracket on the underside of the lid over a touch and been fine since. Which may have nothing to do with yr trunk not working properly but thought i would share my trunk experience.

47EEBDFE-E920-442A-A84E-8DB239F59573 (resized).png47EEBDFE-E920-442A-A84E-8DB239F59573 (resized).png
#10697 2 years ago

Does anyone have the Medisinyl mods and the Crate Mod for Elvira? I was just concerned that it would look over crowded on the left side.

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Does anyone have the Medisinyl mods and the Crate Mod for Elvira? I was just concerned that it would look over crowded on the left side.

Must have mods! Must Have!

#10699 2 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Must have mods! Must Have!

I already have both but was just concerned about it looking cluttered. I have to wait until November before I can see for myself.

#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I already have both but was just concerned about it looking cluttered. I have to wait until November before I can see for myself.

It looks great. I have all the mods in mine- even the breast pop bumpers. I will post a pic later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/214?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.